iRise

3.6

iRise is a rapid prototyping and requirements platform designed from the ground up to support secure, global collaboration.

Work for iRise?

Learning about iRise?

iRise Reviews

Ask iRise a Question
Showing 29 iRise reviews
iRise review by Nitin P.
Nitin P.

"Doing business with this company is nightmarish"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and allows for fast wireframing

What do you dislike?

We were a startup and had signed up for an annual subscription for iRise. Unfortunately the startup went under last year and closed down. This year, they kicked in an automatic renewal. Have been trying to contact support for the past week immediately after they charged me.

#1. The number they have listed consistently gives the message that the "Mailbox of the person you are trying to contact is full., please try later"

#2. The online chat help support "Dominic" keeps telling me "No, the subscription is paid annually and can not be canceled. " - Does not give me any way of contacting a human or discussing the possibilities.

Not sure how to get a resolution from a 'Dead' company

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does not matter how good / bad the product is - their support stinks

Please read above - horrendous support

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iRise
iRise review by Timothy F.
Timothy F.

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

I have tried several of the prototyping tools and LOVE the intuitive nature of iRise. There are many ways to skin a cat while using it, and creating pages is easy with their widgets and Masters. I was able to wireframe my new app in 2-3 days, and link all my fields and buttons, creating a fully WORKING app prototype!

I took the online training course which really got me going, but for the ADVANCED page and field creation I cannot recommend enough how important the mentoring time can be. I had 16 hours of intense training, and feel like I can create almost anything now!

What do you dislike?

Two small complaints, but plenty of work-arounds for both:

1) Eyedropper tool. Not in the system yet for PC, and using another app for RGB, you can still exact match your colors. I know they are working on it now.

2) I wish they had a better cataloging system for widgets. They are grouped, but it is not intuitive when you are starting out, so you end up spending a lot of time searching for button clusters, or data fields to adapt for your needs instead of creating from scratch. Once you get used to where they are located, and what they are called, it goes faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DEFINITELY spend some time on the Mentoring with the customer success team. Send them what you have, and they can give recommendations for best practices, improvements, and adaptation for user experience. We had Eleanor in for 3 days and took leaps ahead with her training, help and guidance!

We are creating a new web portal and mobile app (ios and android) and needed a platform to show exactly how the app would work to hand off with requirements for our 1st launch, and subsequent launches to our programmers. The response time to get their low fidelity version back to us saved weeks of trial and error.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

iRise review by Johnathan L.
Johnathan L.

"Great Product, A lot to learn"

What do you like best?

It is really flexible to use.I love being able to make a prototype of an application prior to actually creating the application.

What do you dislike?

There is an awfullot tolearn. Though once you know how to do something it is easy to remember. But it is just that learning curve which is awful. Though I will admit that the iRise team was always and available to assist whenever I needed help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the tutorial prior to use. I would also repeat it again if you do not use iRise for an extended amount of time. When creating prototypes keep the iRise Knowledge Center web site on another tab. If you are like me you will use it often.

I was tired of creating applications which were not on the mark at all. the time and resource drain was tremendous. iRise enabled me to have a working prototypes for clients to interact with. This was far less expensive than actually coding up applications or solutions.

iRise review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Reduced Loss Rate by 55%"

What do you like best?

I love iRise! If you sell software, you need this tool! They really should be mentioning this in The Sprint Book as a rapid prototype tool.

What do you dislike?

iRise isn't quite as sleek as Balsamiq, which has a cultural feel with the sketching, and postit notes and built in icons which are easily accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push iRise to keep pushing the envelope. They're amazing, and they need to keep being amazing. Don't want to see them be washed out like other tech companies that roll under the waves.

We have a strong custom development business unit, and since implementing iRise we reduced our loss rate by 55% in the year we implemented the platform. Our prospects get to see what they're getting, and they get to engage in the building of the solution, so there's a good faith understanding to purchase the solution at the end.

iRise review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"iRise, Above the competition"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! I was able to jump right into iRise with no training (although it is provided) and start working. The ability to create mock ups and prototypes and have the requirements tie into and display with them seamlessly is the biggest plus for me. I also need to have feedback as I am doing preliminary design and even after development has started. Communication is key to my products success. iRise let's me get this information from anyone I choose to by allowing me to send a "review only access" link to my project for them to review. The link allows them to comment on the requirements and the prototypes, tying them together. This give me the feedback that I need, real-time but also allows for trace-ability should there be questions in the future on why things were done or changed.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the software. I do have requests for it, which I have been advised would be something that can be added in the future. My requests were to be able to format the requirements with bullet points and numbered lists if needed. I also requested the ability for reviewers to be able to comment without having to go through multiple clicks. It's not a very simple process for non-tech minded people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that gets your vision out to stakeholders along with the documentation and you need that feedback, get a trial for iRise. They give generous amounts of time for you to use it. Don't just take my word on it, try it.

I needed a tool that would house my requirements and system designs. I also wanted a way to communicate requirements with my dev group in a way that they would use. Long manuscript type of requirements were never read but the developers all used the Wireframes as a source of truth, with iRise I can get the requirements to them in a medium that they like to use blending the visual with the documentation.

iRise review by ARKA M.
ARKA M.

"You fall iRise"

What do you like best?

The business prototyping is more valuable than implementing the design. It's always better to be more precise in terms of design that can save a lot of time and money for the company who serving and whom served and iRise is exactly ensuring that part.

What do you dislike?

Integration with different other tools can always be a part of improvement for iRise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spending more time and effort in the design and visualization can be beneficial always so try once with iRise and I am sure you never Fall.

Interacting different system design is what we solved and since at the initial stage it was used as a training mats for user, it helped them a lot in terms of understanding the whole process because visualization is the key feature of iRise and as we says 'Picture says thousand words' so that was well realized.

iRise review by Brenon K.
Brenon K.

"iRise Simulator Review"

What do you like best?

iRise has a pretty robust set of features you can use to make pretty complex prototypes.

What do you dislike?

iRIse is really slow, buggy, and doesn't render on devices correctly. The interactions are not intuitive and requires the user of the program to augment their behavior to create prototypes correctly. Additionally, there is not a large community to reference if you have any questions or encounter any obstacles. You can also only open one "simulation" at one time, making it difficult to reuse elements you've used in other simulations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems that iRise is beneficial for large corporations who are worried about security among other things. I would highly suggest looking into other prototyping tools that are quicker, more lightweight, and can do what iRise does and more.

I am usually building prototypes to take to user testing to validate concepts. I don't see too many benefits in using iRise relative to other programs. I could have made the same exact prototypes, using a different program much quicker and cleaner. I guess the only real benefits I see are the security aspects.

iRise review by ADITYA K.
ADITYA K.

"iRise application"

What do you like best?

Features of application

Simplicity of UI

Ability to quickly create wireframes and prototypes with ease.

Separate modules are created for mobile and desktop wire framing.

Sharing of screens with larger audience and obtaining the feedback is the best feature which enables BA, Developer to get first hand feedback without any much effort.

Developer module to export created wireframes to host of technology frameworks ready made!

What do you dislike?

Business logic definition within screens can be simplified little more.

We are using iRise application to quickly create wireframes and prototypes and share it with our business stakeholders before Functional specifications are signed off. This practice has improvised customer experience as it helps to visualize software upfront and avoid change requests at later part of game .

iRise review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A trusted application that delivers well for its features"

What do you like best?

web interface is much better than the thick client. Prefer using it through the cloud.

Love it 100% better than the old UI.

excellent customer service and support

autosave functionality is very helpful when working

link sharing/collaboration

What do you dislike?

That i can't do the Databinding i want to in the web app for conditional logic

Need better support for quick install of custom fonts (not through css)

Would like the sitemap tool to be in the web app so I can use the nav plan to socialize with my I/A and content teams

responsive design is not part of the program so I have to do separate models for iPad and iPhone

when i drop an object into a container, and that container has opacity set, the object inherits the opacity so I have to place it "over" the container - and that means I can't save it into my master

Recommendations to others considering the product

the web application for iRise is great!

the ability to protoptype in live design sessions with stakeholders has really improved speed to market, resolves ambiguities for developers, and provides a basis for Q/A in the display layer. Also allows me to do usability testing prior to engaging development teams so they can focus on back end and middleware, implied by the designs, while I am refining my interaction models.

iRise review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Too much overhead"

What do you like best?

The logic piece was pretty cool, but that's it.

What do you dislike?

I find their business model so excessive its offensive. They are operating on an outdated business model that requires users to invest way too much up front. The cost per license is too high. You have to dedicate a server and a server admin to share files within your team. Need a proprietary reader for anyone to view your work. Have to pay for a trainer to figure out how to use the damn thing. And because of the cost thing, we had an impossible time finding contractors who could/would use it. Also, they don't have a very good student program, so none of your entry level candidates will know how to use it.

Oh, and it crashed All.THE. TIME. when I was using it. It was very frustrating.

Go with Axure or Proto.io instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

switch to Proto.io or Axure - way better value for your money.

business problem: prototyping new software ideas so we can see the impact before developing.

iRise review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Quick Feedback from Business"

What do you like best?

Drastically shortens the feedback cycle for UI based projects. I can quickly create wireframes and get same-day or next-day feedback on them, make changes, and then restart the process. The requirement management portion of iRise is also top notch.

What do you dislike?

Reporting on iRise is meager at best, awful at worst. For example, there's no out of thebox report that will show me all of my requirements with their attributes (like priority, risk, owner, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you have trouble getting feedback on UIs. Also get it if you have trouble managing business requirements.

Modernization of old systems. The benefits are a drastically reduced project definition timeline.

iRise review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"iRise is a key tool in our consulting practise"

What do you like best?

The speed at which you can take a concept through to model in collaboration with the clients. Once a client sees the working model, the requirements take on a life of their own and subsequent conversations get easier to have.

What do you dislike?

Having to register each user/reviewer of the reader and download the readersoftware from the iRise site is sometimes an issue with some clients. The online editing does not include scenarios at this point.

Primarily, we are trying to get business requirements from the end users very quickly and in sufficient detail to accurately estimate projects.

iRise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Love iRise"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to easily collaborate/comment with other users about the simulation. iRise provides us with an opportunity to visualize requirements/design in a way the standard wire framing does not.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have more widgets at my disposal. I find myself spending a lot of time building things that maybe a widget could easily provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product!

Looking to provide the end user with a better vision of the potential product early in the requirement elicitation process so that we can provide a better more accurate solution.

iRise review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using iRise simulations to model/validate eCommerce workflows"

What do you like best?

A picture is worth a thousand words. This tool makes it so much easier to validate business/system requirements, compared to traditional methods, Giving business stakeholders and end users visibility to the look/feel/flow of the system during the requirements phase of the SDLC enables lower cost defect identification/resolution. Modeling happy path as well as error condition flows fosters a better transition from Business to System requirements as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the tool in quite some time as I am in a new role, Nothing sticks out in my mind as a major disappointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a pilot going to see how you like it.

We built a variety of websites for Microsoft E-Learning, including a B2C site which interfaced with Oracle eCommerce engine on the backend.

iRise review by Pankhuri M.
Pankhuri M.

"Great simulation tool"

What do you like best?

I used iRise during Business Process Analysis course where it helped our team to simulate our recommendations and provide the client clear functionalities.It's an easy to use tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it might be a bit tedious at first, but once you get hands on, you'll love it. The fact that it's not platform independent might hurt you sometimes.

We wanted to reduce recruiting cycle time for new hires for our client and for that we simulated Cumulative Evaluation Matrix to explain our recommendation

iRise review by User in Internet

"Good for consultants and requirements, not so great for fast-prototyping"

What do you like best?

Requirements exports and having logic involved in the prototypes is a plus.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes to build the prototypes. Also very cumbersome tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think iRise has limited use cases. If you're going to build fast and iteratively test, it is faster to just code the prototype and show it off that way, rather than building these complex and convoluted flows in iRise.

Showing hi-fi prototypes to clients to then iterate and pass off requirements to later.

iRise review by Bhujang H.
Bhujang H.

"Good in executing storyline more easy and quick. "

What do you like best?

Easily scalable and easy to use then powerpoint

What do you dislike?

Need to include more feature when it is compared with their competitor like Axsure

Prototyping the design and walk through my client with same

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Change the Visualization like working prototype"

What do you like best?

ease of use, user friendly and it has easy to understadn, even a beginner can start working this tool without any extensive training

What do you dislike?

Training's are expensive but basic training material can be found on youtube so thats not a problem at all

with iRise, we are able to visualize the application and prepare the protype and show to stack holders before hand

"Enriching and Fulfilling."

What do you like best?

The best part is the ease with which a new user can take up the features that are provided by iRise which helps immensely to visualize new ideas. Collaborative features allows real time global collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in specific. The features which I used were quiet apt.

To prepare initiation documents for the HR solutions for our client.

iRise review by Divya R.
Divya R.

"Good "

What do you like best?

Real time integration between capabilities

What do you dislike?

little complicated to remember all the functionalities

workflow changes and mockup creations

iRise review by Mukund D.
Mukund D.

"Great simulation tool"

What do you like best?

Its capability to simulate the client requirements to avoid confusion and gain customer confidence

What do you dislike?

No good trainings available online to learn the tool

We developed business process improvements in personnel recruiting system for a firm. Using iRise, we were able to show our recommendations to client

iRise review by User in Financial Services
View Original

"Stay away from this nightmare of an app."

What do you like best?

The ability to create live prototypes and real workable code

What do you dislike?

The application is so clunky and limiting on the design side it's basically unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use sketch by bohemian coding. This isn't 2012.

Prototyping and wireframe websites

iRise review by Jacob S.
Jacob S.

"Powerful but complex"

What do you like best?

Views and data grid simulations We're very helpful

What do you dislike?

Arrows everywhere can get complicated to read and manipulate

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very expensive tool so try it very well before committing to it.

Fast for prototyping UI's

iRise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Used iRise tool to simulate the site experience"

What do you like best?

ease of use is the best thing

quickly you can simulate any functionality

What do you dislike?

you can improve the help guide

and sharing the simulation with other should be made easy

we wanted to simulate a website that can be utilized internally

we simulated the website features and look and feel on iRise and presented the prototype to stakeholders.

Easily the website design was completed and stakeholders knew what can come in the product

iRise review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"An Enterprise Powered Visualization Solution"

What do you like best?

Provides true to life simulation of end state applications. If you're looking for end level simulations this is for you.

What do you dislike?

It used to be pricing; but, now they seem to have a number of manageable plans to fit into budgets.

It improves communication between my side (the business) and developers - so much easier and faster to market than what was using previously.

iRise review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Irise"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use for the users. Make the task very easy.

Lot of options available to do the task

What do you dislike?

The irise Website is outdated. The website can be more condensed

Easy prototyping and wireframing

iRise review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"Rapid development visualizer"

What do you like best?

datasheet (operations with records) feature, views, tiles

What do you dislike?

poor documentation and help, outdated example base, poor iBloc support

Recommendations to others considering the product

iRise is the best tool for high fidelity prototypes

Create high fidelity prototypes

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Using iRise helped customers visualizing the new requirements before finalizing them"

What do you like best?

Ease of use once you have got a good grip of the product.

What do you dislike?

A bit slow learning curve since the product has too many offerings.

Typical requirements discussions and how will they translate into a workable application with an appealing UI

iRise review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"iRise review"

What do you like best?

iRise allows users to develop a working prototype very quickly

What do you dislike?

iRise's presentation tools are not very effective nor do they look great

App demo

Learning about iRise?

* We monitor all iRise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.