iRise

iRise is a rapid prototyping and requirements platform designed from the ground up to support secure, global collaboration.

Work for iRise?

Learning about iRise?

iRise Reviews

Ask iRise a Question
Showing 28 iRise reviews
iRise review by <span>Timothy F.</span>
Timothy F.

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

I have tried several of the prototyping tools and LOVE the intuitive nature of iRise. There are many ways to skin a cat while using it, and creating pages is easy with their widgets and Masters. I was able to wireframe my new app in 2-3 days, and link all my fields and buttons, creating a fully WORKING app prototype!

I took the online training course which really got me going, but for the ADVANCED page and field creation I cannot recommend enough how important the mentoring time can be. I had 16 hours of intense training, and feel like I can create almost anything now!

What do you dislike?

Two small complaints, but plenty of work-arounds for both:

1) Eyedropper tool. Not in the system yet for PC, and using another app for RGB, you can still exact match your colors. I know they are working on it now.

2) I wish they had a better cataloging system for widgets. They are grouped, but it is not intuitive when you are starting out, so you end up spending a lot of time searching for button clusters, or data fields to adapt for your needs instead of creating from scratch. Once you get used to where they are located, and what they are called, it goes faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DEFINITELY spend some time on the Mentoring with the customer success team. Send them what you have, and they can give recommendations for best practices, improvements, and adaptation for user experience. We had Eleanor in for 3 days and took leaps ahead with her training, help and guidance!

We are creating a new web portal and mobile app (ios and android) and needed a platform to show exactly how the app would work to hand off with requirements for our 1st launch, and subsequent launches to our programmers. The response time to get their low fidelity version back to us saved weeks of trial and error.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iRise
iRise review by <span>Johnathan L.</span>
Johnathan L.

"Great Product, A lot to learn"

What do you like best?

It is really flexible to use.I love being able to make a prototype of an application prior to actually creating the application.

What do you dislike?

There is an awfullot tolearn. Though once you know how to do something it is easy to remember. But it is just that learning curve which is awful. Though I will admit that the iRise team was always and available to assist whenever I needed help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the tutorial prior to use. I would also repeat it again if you do not use iRise for an extended amount of time. When creating prototypes keep the iRise Knowledge Center web site on another tab. If you are like me you will use it often.

I was tired of creating applications which were not on the mark at all. the time and resource drain was tremendous. iRise enabled me to have a working prototypes for clients to interact with. This was far less expensive than actually coding up applications or solutions.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

iRise review by <span>Jeff S.</span>
Jeff S.

"Reduced Loss Rate by 55%"

What do you like best?

I love iRise! If you sell software, you need this tool! They really should be mentioning this in The Sprint Book as a rapid prototype tool.

What do you dislike?

iRise isn't quite as sleek as Balsamiq, which has a cultural feel with the sketching, and postit notes and built in icons which are easily accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push iRise to keep pushing the envelope. They're amazing, and they need to keep being amazing. Don't want to see them be washed out like other tech companies that roll under the waves.

We have a strong custom development business unit, and since implementing iRise we reduced our loss rate by 55% in the year we implemented the platform. Our prospects get to see what they're getting, and they get to engage in the building of the solution, so there's a good faith understanding to purchase the solution at the end.

iRise review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"iRise, Above the competition"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! I was able to jump right into iRise with no training (although it is provided) and start working. The ability to create mock ups and prototypes and have the requirements tie into and display with them seamlessly is the biggest plus for me. I also need to have feedback as I am doing preliminary design and even after development has started. Communication is key to my products success. iRise let's me get this information from anyone I choose to by allowing me to send a "review only access" link to my project for them to review. The link allows them to comment on the requirements and the prototypes, tying them together. This give me the feedback that I need, real-time but also allows for trace-ability should there be questions in the future on why things were done or changed.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the software. I do have requests for it, which I have been advised would be something that can be added in the future. My requests were to be able to format the requirements with bullet points and numbered lists if needed. I also requested the ability for reviewers to be able to comment without having to go through multiple clicks. It's not a very simple process for non-tech minded people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that gets your vision out to stakeholders along with the documentation and you need that feedback, get a trial for iRise. They give generous amounts of time for you to use it. Don't just take my word on it, try it.

I needed a tool that would house my requirements and system designs. I also wanted a way to communicate requirements with my dev group in a way that they would use. Long manuscript type of requirements were never read but the developers all used the Wireframes as a source of truth, with iRise I can get the requirements to them in a medium that they like to use blending the visual with the documentation.

iRise review by <span>ARKA M.</span>
ARKA M.

"You fall iRise"

What do you like best?

The business prototyping is more valuable than implementing the design. It's always better to be more precise in terms of design that can save a lot of time and money for the company who serving and whom served and iRise is exactly ensuring that part.

What do you dislike?

Integration with different other tools can always be a part of improvement for iRise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spending more time and effort in the design and visualization can be beneficial always so try once with iRise and I am sure you never Fall.

Interacting different system design is what we solved and since at the initial stage it was used as a training mats for user, it helped them a lot in terms of understanding the whole process because visualization is the key feature of iRise and as we says 'Picture says thousand words' so that was well realized.

iRise review by <span>Brenon K.</span>
Brenon K.

"iRise Simulator Review"

What do you like best?

iRise has a pretty robust set of features you can use to make pretty complex prototypes.

What do you dislike?

iRIse is really slow, buggy, and doesn't render on devices correctly. The interactions are not intuitive and requires the user of the program to augment their behavior to create prototypes correctly. Additionally, there is not a large community to reference if you have any questions or encounter any obstacles. You can also only open one "simulation" at one time, making it difficult to reuse elements you've used in other simulations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems that iRise is beneficial for large corporations who are worried about security among other things. I would highly suggest looking into other prototyping tools that are quicker, more lightweight, and can do what iRise does and more.

I am usually building prototypes to take to user testing to validate concepts. I don't see too many benefits in using iRise relative to other programs. I could have made the same exact prototypes, using a different program much quicker and cleaner. I guess the only real benefits I see are the security aspects.

Learning about iRise?

* We monitor all iRise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.