What do you like best?
- Catalog of shapes allow me to get closer to the end design without work planes and sketches
- The Triball is an amazing feature, it allows me to place any shape/part or assembly anywhere I need it without constraints.
- Smart attachment points allowed me to build parts add them to the catalog and when I dropped them in an assembly they snapped exactly where they needed to go.
- Not having to use constraints to build an assembly is a wonderful thing.
- Having a single file contain all of the assembly it fantastic.Now I send only one file instead of 100's.
- Drag & Drop process. I found this allows me to get closer to the end product faster.
What do you dislike?
- I still like paper manuals, so I would like a paper manual but this is the future I guess.
- I would like Draft's paper space to be more like AutoCAD's paper space.
- Having tow drafting environments can be confusing.
- Would like more add on programs.
- Better understanding of color usage.
Recommendations to others considering the product
I have used, sold and trained hundreds of users on AutoCAD, SolidWork, Inventor and IronCAD and I have not found an easier program to use. I have not have had to make a single work plane in the 8 years I have been using IronCAD. I only use constraints when I want my assembly to move. I no longer have to gather hundreds of assembly files when I send an assembly to someone.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I have been modeling since the mid 1980's and have used AutoCAD, Mech Desktop, Inventor, SolidWorks and more than a few others. I found with IronCAD I could model 3 times faster than I could with my SolidWorks system.