IronCAD

IronCAD's mission has and continues to be the creation of award winning 3D Design Collaboration Solutions that lead the industry in their ease-of-use and design productivity.

Work for IronCAD?
Onshape productmachinedesign  logo

Learning about IronCAD?

IronCAD Reviews

Ask IronCAD a Question
Showing 5 IronCAD reviews
IronCAD review by <span>Robert M.</span>
Robert M.

Long time user of modeling programs

What do you like best?

- Catalog of shapes allow me to get closer to the end design without work planes and sketches

- The Triball is an amazing feature, it allows me to place any shape/part or assembly anywhere I need it without constraints.

- Smart attachment points allowed me to build parts add them to the catalog and when I dropped them in an assembly they snapped exactly where they needed to go.

- Not having to use constraints to build an assembly is a wonderful thing.

- Having a single file contain all of the assembly it fantastic.Now I send only one file instead of 100's.

- Drag & Drop process. I found this allows me to get closer to the end product faster.

What do you dislike?

- I still like paper manuals, so I would like a paper manual but this is the future I guess.

- I would like Draft's paper space to be more like AutoCAD's paper space.

- Having tow drafting environments can be confusing.

- Would like more add on programs.

- Better understanding of color usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used, sold and trained hundreds of users on AutoCAD, SolidWork, Inventor and IronCAD and I have not found an easier program to use. I have not have had to make a single work plane in the 8 years I have been using IronCAD. I only use constraints when I want my assembly to move. I no longer have to gather hundreds of assembly files when I send an assembly to someone.

I have been modeling since the mid 1980's and have used AutoCAD, Mech Desktop, Inventor, SolidWorks and more than a few others. I found with IronCAD I could model 3 times faster than I could with my SolidWorks system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IronCAD
IronCAD review by <span>Joe B.</span>
Joe B.

IronCAD - The Very Best Conceptual 3D CAD.

What do you like best?

IronCAD has 5 features that make it the most productive CAD design tool.

1. Single Model Environment - This is by far the most productive all of 3D CAD features.

2. Drag & Drop Design and the Catalog - Common parts at your fingertips

3. Copy/Paste from Different Parts and Assemblies, mandatory when Reusing Models for new design,

4. The only integrated history/direct edit modeling, making direct editing part of you design process

5. The Incredible Tri-Ball - The very best feature, part and assembly manipulator.

What do you dislike?

I wish the surfacing and 3D wireframe were more robust making is a hybrid modeling.

The drawing is a separate file. I wish it were integrated into the same file as the model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Solidworks or other Pro/e Clone user, realize even though you can do sketch, sketch, constrain, constrain design, realized this product based on dragging and dropping negative and positive shapes, plus a variety of tools, fasteners, etc from standard and custom catalogs. You design by dropping these shapes and push/pulling them into position. Each of these shapes is based on a sketch that you can edit.

We are a design house and provide engineering departments for small manufacturing companies. IronCAD provides 5X productivity in conceptual design and 10X when changing or using existing models for new design.

What Product and Machine Design solution do you use?

IronCAD review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

Steep learning curve from other CAD software

What do you like best?

Once learned it becomes fast and efficient

What do you dislike?

Not enough resources for trying to get around a problem. Unlike most other CAD products, but it is getting better - slowly

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to stop thinking its like any other CAD system, not everything starts from a Sketch!

I am the only one in my company using it, all others are using Solidworks

IronCAD review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

FIrst Viable 3D Cad software I used

What do you like best?

More time spent designing then planning how to build a model

What do you dislike?

earlier versions had serious gltiches that would corrupt your file, had to get in the practice of saving backups of files everytime because would not now it was corrupted until the next time you tried to open it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a great value, especially to small design firms that need a flexible tool at minimal cost

switching from 2-D autocad to this tool was our major leap forward in design efficiency

IronCAD review by <span>Jur v.</span>
Jur v.

Easy, fast and free change of history

What do you like best?

The speed you can design parts and if the parts need a small modification in the end it isn't allot of work to change the design. No restrictions towards your history.

What do you dislike?

Need of more free catalogs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to master.

Fast with designing

Flexibility with making changes.

Learning about IronCAD?

* We monitor all IronCAD reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.