ISI: Illuminate Student Information

Illuminate Student Information™ is the “next generation” Student Information System (SIS) that provides all district and school site staff with a single, web-based point of access to student demographics, attendance, scheduling, discipline, grades, assessment history, state reporting mandates, report cards, parent portal, student portal, gradebook, reporting, and more.

Work for ISI: Illuminate Student Information?

Learning about Illuminate Student Information?

ISI: Illuminate Student Information Reviews

Ask Illuminate Student Information a Question
Showing 25 Illuminate Student Information reviews
Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Cortnee P.</span>
Cortnee P.

"Illuminate"

What do you like best?

Being able to record all of my grades in one place and keep track of my assessments. I also like that there is a parent portal.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was more aesthetically pleasing when it comes to data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a full run-down of all of the tools there are to use. This is my second year using this program and I am still discovering things about it that I had no clue I could do in the beginning. Definitely use the assessment tools to your advantage!

I wish that I didn't have to clear my grades every quarter manually. I like that it gives you the class average at the bottom for each assignment and for the cumulative grade. I also appreciate that it is color coded for the grades, so it is easier to see who needs work on what standard/assignment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ISI: Illuminate Student Information

"Frustrating but useful"

What do you like best?

I really like that Illuminate is versatile and allows our school to use the product for a variety of things, such as attendance, grades, discipline, etc. It has a dashboard after login that allows the user to easily access what they need without clicking all over the interface. The administrator can set up different dashboards based on the level of the user, so office staff have different dashboard shortcuts than the teaching staff, for example. I also like that when you need support with the product, you can quickly reach out to the Illuminate phone support team and they can generally correct your issue right then and there. If not, they will open a support ticket and get back to you to help correct the issue at a later time.

What do you dislike?

I often has issues with the grade books, where grades refuse to link, publish, and push over to student report cards. I have to frequently reach out to Illuminate phone support just to help me solve my issues, as my Home Office IT support team usually cannot determine a response.

We use Illuminate as a school to take attendance, track student records, report behavior incidents, put in Standards-based and points-based grades, and more.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Rebecca M.</span>
Rebecca M.

"One-Stop Shop for Student Data Organization"

What do you like best?

Illuminate is a great data tracking program. Not only are the grade books easy to set up and use, but integrating assessments using Illuminate is simple as well.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes grades take some time to update on the student side, causing frustration and anxiety to students who are monitoring their own grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the trainings available from the company. Illuminate has so many features, and they are constantly rolling out updates, that the initial training is vital. Once you have a basic understanding of how to use the product, you can use webinars and tutorials that Illuminate Education offers on their site to learn and utilize the new features.

We were in need of a way for parents to monitor student progress as often as they'd like without having to first contact the teacher. When we stumbled upon Illuminate, we realized this was a great tool, especially with Google Apps integration. Students and parents are able to log in using home connect and monitor grades and progress. When any issues arise, parents are able to contact teachers to address these needs.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Karin H.</span>
Karin H.

"Illuminate is clunky"

What do you like best?

Illuminate is nice that it has widgets and is a one-stop shop for all data needs. It is nice that you can add and subtract data needs and reports as needed for the school.

What do you dislike?

The assessment function is underdeveloped and clunky. It is also sometimes a never-ending scrolling page when looking at student data. It seems that some features (like the QR code scanner and bubble sheets) are technologies that are 15 years anchored in the past and outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This could be a very powerful data system if the admins spend lots of time setting it up and getting the settings correct. As far as assessment tools, it seems very outdated and clunky and doesn't compare to other educational technology tools out there at all.

Data needs for staff and students. Benefits are having one place to look for student data.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Shaina K.</span>
Shaina K.

"Illuminate (School Database)"

What do you like best?

I like that student information is easily accessible through Illuminate's website. Also, there are pre-built reports that educators have access to. For instance, our school district has a pre-built report that includes all student's GAFE usernames and passwords.This helps teachers print out and organize a list of all the GAFE information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a student's profile takes time to be updated. Also, if you are not sure where the reports are located it can take some time to find them if you are not familiar with the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illuminate education is a web based platform that allows educators to gather student information/history. It is easy to use and accessible.

As a teacher, if I need to look up any information for a student I use Illuminate. For example, if I need a student's username or student ID number--I am able to access it all through Illuminate. I can also see some of the student's educational history.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Michele S.</span>
Michele S.

"Illuminate Education - from a teacher "

What do you like best?

I like the large array of reports that you are able to generate with this program.

What do you dislike?

The program is not very easy to use. It required a lot of self-guided training and a lot of district-wide trainings. It is also somewhat unreliable as it malfunctions often. The website has issues in the middle of student tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient when learning to use the program. Tech support is helpful, but you do have to call them.

As educators, we are able to thoroughly analyze and track student performance in a number of ways using this software. It makes assessing easier, when it works.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>adam d.</span>
adam d.

"Not Intuitive"

What do you like best?

It is much easier to scan tests which allows for easy breakdown into details.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive; it is hard to navigate. Our school site only uses part of the program so we don’t have it as an integrated program which makes it pretty useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like a cool tool, but most teachers have abandoned it. The district uses it but rarely. Mostly now it is a hassle to use.

Allows for district tests and to gather large amounts of testing data.

Administrator in Education Management

"Makes Differentiation and Data Collection very easy!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create my own simple or elaborate quizzes and test and easily use the data to be help each student on their own level.

What do you dislike?

Scanning from the computer's camera is not very efficient. It takes some time to figure out the best position for the scantrons, but often it takes a lot of tweaking to get it to scan. Scanning using a PDF file is much easier but not as convenient. I wish the technology improved so that papers could be scanned quickly, without much repositioning.

Data collection used to be tedious and difficult to evaluate and interpret. Illuminate Education helps me get the most useful information about my students without having to manual sift through copious amounts of data. Once I began using Illuminate, I quickly realized how inefficient I used to work with data. Prior to this computerized system, I was spending a lot of time guessing which students needed help with which topics.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Gillian Q.</span>
Gillian Q.

"Great for accessing multiple data points"

What do you like best?

I love how I can search by student and see all relevant data in one place. It is also a more useful teacher gradebook than our previous gradebooks. It is extremely teacher friendly, and works for more traditional taechers.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to make user-friendly reports (e.g. data about teacher grade books)

Illuminate allows us to have one data warehouse, which helps us make better decisions.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great ideas but doesn't fully deliver"

What do you like best?

I like how I can access information on the internet, no matter where I am. I also like how there is a variety of information available to me on the site.

What do you dislike?

The exporting from my grade book to report cards is not friendly and does not work well. I would love to be able to directly export my grade book to the report card, but it doesn't give me the freedom to control how to make my grade book grades translate to the report card grades - it has to be a whole-district decision.

This is a great way to share information about students with many people without having to come to the office to look it up.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Phoebe C.</span>
Phoebe C.

"Useful to obtain information but complicated to navigate!"

What do you like best?

Useful to obtain information but complicated to navigate for individuals who don't use it on a daily basis or don't use it to obtain a variety of information.

What do you dislike?

Really not user friendly and intuitive for someone who uses it maybe once every two weeks to obtain one report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adequate for management of student information, from state testing scores to report cards to special factors such as special education or English language learner. Not as intuitive to use as I would like, but it does the job for what it is.

I can look up student test scores and report cards. It allows me to download them as a PDF and include it in my reports.

"Illuminate Review"

What do you like best?

I like the easy of taking attendance, adding notes to student accounts, ability to see data and information on my students, and a streamlined system for my grades.

What do you dislike?

It crashes more often than I would like. It would help if the system would notify me when students have a specific number of tardies/absences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider this system. It is easy to use even for those that may not be very tech savvy.

It is streamlining the system for our teachers. It is providing us with one system and one set of vocabulary in terms of attendance/grades.

Administrator in Education Management

"Assessment and analytics with teachers in mind "

What do you like best?

Illuminate does it all. Great for administering online assessments either generated by teachers or utilizing item banks. A wide range of interactive reports allow teachers and leaders to explore the data. Fantastic team ready to help you get the most out of Illuminate.

What do you dislike?

Teachers say the main downside is that they need to reenter assessment grades into the gradebook since we use a different student information system. Navigating the site can take some time to learn too, but these are small hurdles and there are easy-to-follow tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn about all Illuminate has to offer, including the BI tool and SIS.

Combining data from multiple assessments to see performance over time.

Delivering assessments aligned with statewide tests, including the use of technology enhanced items.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.

"Illuminate makes grading my students easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily see graphs. I also appreciate the ability to make quizzes and assessments. It is a one stop shop for teaching.Additionally, I like being able to use the grade book function.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike as of yet. Perhaps the option to fill in answers on the student end can be simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see that it can be helpful!

All data is located in the same area. It is easy to look for trends among the grade level and per school site.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>Dawn V.</span>
Dawn V.

"Illuminate not user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the thought that when taking assessments everything is in one location, however I find the product difficult to maneuver

What do you dislike?

Customer support is lacking, time zone issues as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would research your options, I wish is was connected with PowerSchool like unified classrooms. To many issues with overnight exports as well

I have used help support on numerous occasions, I find it difficult to get answers due to their 3 hour time diference

Illuminate Student Information review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Illuminate Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull literally any report I want! Through this, I am able to really analyze what's happening on campus and make sure that we make adjustments that will truly change what's happening in our classrooms and help our kids as best as possible.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the site at times. There are many times when it lags. Even loading a student profile can take a long time. We've also had times when the site crashed, and we needed it for a full-staff 4-hour long data dive. This of course put a damper on what was planned and made it hard for us to really do what we needed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

I've been able to pull data on anything I'd like and really dig into the root of a problem.

Illuminate Student Information review by <span>an i.</span>
an i.

" Excellent product "

What do you like best?

I love that I can look at my students results individually by standard by group or as a whole

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to get grades by standard with only one assessment

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish that was an option that assessment data could be him put it directly into the report card with our permission and guidance

Assessment data

"Review of Illuminate "

What do you like best?

I like the wide range of reports it provides teachers after administering an assessment. I also like how you can live proctor an assessment and see if students are getting the correct answers in the moment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the format is not always user-friendly.

Organizing data

User in Education Management

"Illuminate makes IEP management easy"

What do you like best?

I like that the system guides users quickly and simply through creating an IEP.

What do you dislike?

The progress reports graphs are confusing to parents and teachers. Perhaps line graphs aren't the best way to display progress.

It helps users stay compliant with due dates and legal requirements.

Illuminate Student Information review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Illuminate"

What do you like best?

Illuminate is a great platform to use for the education space because it integrates the gradebook, attendance, quiz capabilities, and a variety of other tools that are beneficial for teachers and educators alike. Illuminate also provides the capability of various widgets to assist in the academic process.

What do you dislike?

Illuminate needs to consolidate the variety of different buttons that can be used within the software as it can sometimes be intimidating to a new user or school. Illuminate is always have problems with the software slowing down or even stopping during important processes such as entering grades and submitting attendance.

I do not use this for a business solution.

User in Education Management

"Illuminate: Data Genius! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can scan my answer keys instead of having to input every student's answers.

What do you dislike?

There are so many different ways to analyze data that I do not know what to pick sometimes!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Illuminate!! You can learn so much about your students!!

Data analysis is so important in teaching so you can help students! Illuminate makes analysis so much easier

Illuminate Student Information review by G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice
G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice
Illuminate Student Information review by User

"Illuminate is illumi"

What do you like best?

Answer documents are quick and easy to scan and give quick results

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to neater multiple versions. It’s not that easy to show students which answers they got wrong

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for multiple choice tests. It’s not so great for written responses.

Illuminate makes grading multiple choice tests fast and easy.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Useful for Scanning Tests"

What do you like best?

Illuminate makes scanning tests extremely efficient and easy, and the data analytics are good.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes hard to scan and register the images. Other than that it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty easy to scan tests; make sure to look at all the data it gives you.

I have been better able to assess the strengths of my teaching and my students' knowledge.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

Illuminate makes data easy to access and easy to analyze. Great as a tool for seeing school wide trends as well as coaching teachers in building up their data analysis.

What do you dislike?

Searching for existing assessments sometimes takes several steps.

Makes data easy to visualize.

Learning about ISI: Illuminate Student Information?

* We monitor all ISI: Illuminate Student Information reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.