Iterable

Iterable

Iterable empowers growth marketers to create world-class user engagement campaigns throughout the full lifecycle, and across all channels. Marketers segment users, build workflows, automate touchpoints, and test strategies at scale without engineering support.

Work for Iterable?

Learning about Iterable?

Iterable Reviews

Ask Iterable a Question
Showing 64 Iterable reviews
Iterable review by Anita T.
Anita T.

"Impressed with the breadth of functionality"

What do you like best?

We chose Iterable based on the strength of its API and its ability to handle a multi-million list size. As a marketer, Iterable has a number of powerful advanced features that make it easy for me to perform segmentation, write workflows and run multivariate tests. The support team is beyond amazing; they are knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure their customers succeed.

What do you dislike?

Our engineers get a bit frustrated about some of the technical limitations. For example, certain types of API calls are currently centered around the individual user vs. a particular list (meaning that Iterable is designed to ping your server X million times for each user on a list vs. 1 X for the list itself). That said, the Iterable product team is very responsive to customer feedback, and this issue is on the short-term roadmap to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Iterable based on the strength of their support team. They have bent over backward to ensure the success of this implementation.

Prior to using Iterable, we had a homegrown email-marketing system. Marketing had no ability to send emails or to get detailed metrics without engineering support. Iterable has allowed us to reduce time-to-market for getting sends out the door, while improving testing and metrics reporting. For our most recent product launch, email marketing powered by Iterable was the top revenue-driving marketing tactic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Iterable
Iterable review by Lucy C.
Lucy C.

"Easy Automation with Highly Personalized Messaging"

What do you like best?

Iterable's data setup. First I've seen to use customer objects instead of relational data tables. Makes personalization really easy and robust — I can sync any customer property I might have into Iterable and can filter users, dynamically personalize, make journey decisions, and more based on these properties.

Also Iterable's workflows — easy to setup triggers and intuitive to use when building out customer journeys and decision splits. Also like that the journey is easy to visually follow once setup, allowing other team members to be able to easily hop in and interpret what's going on.

What do you dislike?

All pretty minor things in the big picture...the fact that user PK is email address instead of being able to custom set what we'd like it to be (we have userIDs that we'd prefer to key off of), inability to rename a property once passed in due to Elastic Search, lack of support for common functions in handlebars (this is a simple fix, but lower priority), lack of handlebars support in Snippets, inability to create a globally applied automatic suppression list (to the whole account, or by send classification - transact vs. marketing).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend Iterable for it's ease of use and UX for marketers who aren't super technical. However, if you're a former SFMC power user like myself, you may find it lacking in some areas. For me, certainly none of them were deal breakers, and I find that I can still do most of what I was able to through SFMC, albeit in a different way.

Mitigating user churn and increasing retention. We've been able to build out phases of our customer lifecycle through workflows to help engaging with our users and are running many A/B tests to gather additional learnings and iterate. Still in v1/v2 for many of our drips, but looking forward to implementing learnings and further improving our lifecycle through use of Iterable's great features.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Iterable review by Raja D.
Raja D.

"Great innovative product and highly recommended."

What do you like best?

What I like is since I started using Iterable, the product has been evolving and getting more innovative. I enjoy the workflow section on the UI. I enjoy when my team needs product enhancements, they are willing to hear our needs out and work on improving. I like the great customer success team and always helping us. Finally, the upper management and when in need being available to get in discussion with any further needs we might have.

What do you dislike?

I would really like the segmentation piece to be improved. I would like to work with Iterable on needs here as I have found many flaws that I have iterated, but yet not gotten solved. Like searching for a number of campaigns that are similar all at once instead of doing OR's with tons of campaign ids. To be able to query a full workflow.

With Iterable, we have helped our email marketing needs and to reach out to new registered users and in the end have the ability to have the user subscribe.

Iterable review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Solid marketing automation product"

What do you like best?

Two things:

1.) The workflows are super easy to create.

2.) The ability to run multi-channel retention/conversion campaigns out of one platform is great: e-mail, SMS, push and Facebook Custom Audiences.

What do you dislike?

Support is a little non-existent.

1.) There is very little help with onboarding - just a bunch of guides

2.) Support is really only available via LiveChat and takes upwards of 30 minutes to get a response sometimes. That said, once you can get someone on LiveChat, they are amazingly knowledgeable and supportive. The only downside is if you have a campaign all queued to go but need to wait for a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid technical implementation team. Most onboarding is left to a series of guides on their site.

We were looking to get more intelligent with our nurture campaigns, transitioning off of Mailchimp to a better product for automation.

Iterable review by Michelle Marie R.
Michelle Marie R.

"The Best Growth Marketing Tool You Will EVER Use!"

What do you like best?

I seriously cannot say enough amazing things about Iterable. It is a fantastic tool that yields powerful results and has completely revolutionized the way we execute email marketing. It allows for far more sophisticated email list segmentation and trigger email / drip marketing campaign development vs. our previous Email Service Provider. And the level of customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I feel like its a real partnership, which is a great feeling.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few things the company is working on, to improve functionality—they are a start-up after all. But the company is adding new capabilities every day (and has already implemented some things I hav requested), so it'll only get better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable is more expensive than MailChimp (or other similar email service providers), but the benefits FAR outweigh the benefits. Iterable has already paid for itself and then some!

Overall, it has helped us better segment and target our users, better identify and capitalize upon points of demonstrated interest in our product, and allow for more impact drip email campaigns. Not sure if my company wants me to share exact numbers, but let's just say that its helped increase purchase conversions, overall user engagement and email traffic by a VERY considerable factor. I cannot recommend this product more highly!

Iterable review by Sue C.
Sue C.

"Best ESP in my 10 years of email experience"

What do you like best?

- Data flexibility: we can integrate SO MUCH DATA and insert them into emails pretty easily.

- Their team: their team is awesome, transparent and so easy-going. So unlike the stiff corporate teams I've faced with other larger ESP's.

- Workflow tool is awesome. So much you can do with this and all pretty easily.

- I also love that my engineers love the tool!

What do you dislike?

- It's a "startup" ESP, so there are small kinks they're still working out. Their team is always happy to listen and I like that I can impact their product roadmap with my feedback.

- Their reporting suite can use a makeover. It's not that intuitive and is pretty lacking. I just end up exporting my data as a data dump and doing my own pivots instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get sucked into the big-name ESP's. Most of them are deceitful with their sales tactics and will tell you everything is easy to do. Iterable has been the most transparent with me and most honest with how our integration will work and also their weaknesses of the tool.

We needed to find an ESP that would let us integrate our user data WITHOUT a flat-file integration.

We're a search company, so we need to be able to efficiently pass over all the user search results AND the properties of those result items into our ESP and have the marketing team easily include those result parameters into an email.

Our engineers love the API integration (we don't send any files back and forth!). I use the tool personally, and it has a LOT of options to accomplish one thing. As a marketer, it can be very confusing but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

The workflow tool is also awesome, especially because there are so many data points you can integrate into the workflow. You can even build a workflow from an API trigger, so all your dev team would have to do is set the API and the marketer can build an automation with the rest.

Iterable review by Carrie K.
Carrie K.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use! I am an email team of 1 so anything that can simplify my process is great. The workflows are easy to implement and the guide language is simple to use. We have been able to streamline our processes and send out better emails faster.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better. It would be great to have a more holistic approach to reporting. Also, having a social or Google Ad integration would be nice.

With our previous ESP it was cumbersome to personalize emails based on data and behavior, now we can quickly put together emails and make changes based on data. We no longer need to involve a developer or a data scientist to make changes or determine what to do next.

Iterable review by Evan R.
Evan R.

"Iterable Gives Other Marketing Automation Products a Run For Their Money"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using Iterable now for over a year to service the needs of our clients. Iterable's layout, organization, segmentation functionality, ease of use, and ability to build complex workflows for drip campaigns are by far the best features.

What do you dislike?

There are few aspects of Iterable I dislike. As far as limitations go, there are a few when using Iterable at an enterprise level (like the ability to clone projects and clone workflows across projects). In spite of these limitations, the Iterable team has always been highly responsive, is aware of the above limitations, and working to correct them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have/service multiple markets and are looking to use Iterable in a way where you wish to re-purpose workflows for other markets, be aware that you will have to rebuild each workflow. This is because Iterable is still lacking the functionality to duplicate workflows and/or clone projects.

We employ an omni-channel marketing automation strategy that integrates social media, direct mail, and email channels. Iterable has helped us define our segments and maintain consistent communication across all three channels.

Iterable review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"A step up"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop feature is a great tool for fast email creation and no need to HTML knowledge.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more fonts available while using the drag and drop feature. I would also like templates and campaigns to autosave. It would also be awesome if you could quickly edit the HTLM in the drag feature rather than having to export.

We have a need to send to an extremely large list and were noticing campaigns randomly stopping because our old ESP could not handle the workload. We haven't tracked any really benefits just yet as we are still in the early stages of implementation.

Iterable review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"Onboarding Client Review"

What do you like best?

Everything is very straightforward. Understanding how to retrieve data for segmentation/campaign builds is simple. The workflows are very clear and intuitive, which also leaves a lot of guesswork out of campaign set up.

What do you dislike?

Overall biggest limitation uncovered has been the inability to change field names/formats once they've been created. Reporting tools have room for improvement too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our consumer marketing retention needs are heavy in email workflows with some layered in push notifications. Iterable's pricing structure and product offering was in line with what we were looking for. I would recommend presenting a use case and requesting client referrals to make sure Iterable is the right fit for your needs too.

Ability to do cross-channel marketing at an affordable rate.

Iterable review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Great for anything that isn't SaaS"

What do you like best?

Iterable is a great service for simple drip campaigns as well as large data crunching. They are flexible with best in class tools like Segment that allow for powerful segmentation as well as creating dynamic content.

What do you dislike?

Their email template tool is open source, meaning any changes needing to be made to it require them submitting a ticket that could potentially take months. They really should invest in a proprietary solution that allows for high resolution and retina support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really think about the issues you are trying to solve and the systems you are Integrating with as they will play a major role in what limitations you could potentially face.

We are solving mid-end funnel conversion problems, drip campaigns and the workflow canvas is a powerful tool they provide. Benefits also include the fact they are extremely flexible with how they ingest data so you can do just about anything (if you can think of a potential solution to make it happen).

Iterable review by Administrator

"Great Email Campaign Service"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to see "hot spots" on emails we send. I work in admin so the ability to see what links, and emails customers are looking at while I am helping them really helps me better assist them. The Customer Care team is amazing whenever I need something from them they are always able to easily assist me.

What do you dislike?

I think the logs of where the customer clicked or what they visited could be clearer, however I am not sure if that is something on our end as a user vs. the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working in an email based company this is a great asset for admin and customer service to better help customers. You can make great workflows that allow your team to track what a user is doing and see where they are most engaged in the emails.

It helps us realize what is working and what is not working. It allows us to see what domains are rejecting our email, or having deliverability issues.

Iterable review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"The only modern retention marketing suite"

What do you like best?

Our developers like Iterable because it has the best APIs for handling programmatic message from our internal stack, and our marketers like Iterable because of the power and ease of the visual Workflows feature.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far. When we have had feedback about the product, Iterable have been lightning fast at addressing it.

Prior to Iterable, we had a very decentralized and disjointed retention messaging suite (one ESP for marketing email, another ESP for transactional, another vendor for marketing push, and Amazon SES for transactional push). With Iterable, we're migrating all those messages into one central service. This allows us to construct a much more holistic experience for our customers.

Iterable review by David W.
David W.

"Iterable is worth your consideration"

What do you like best?

Exporting email statistics data is easy because you can set a date range. It makes it very easy for reporting purposes. You can also find out how many new emails are added using segmentation under users, but it takes some practice to figure out how to set your preferences right.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to import lists. In each CSV I have to match up the fields exactly how Iterable wants to have it import correctly, which is time consuming. The new template structure makes it easier for people who don't know CSS coding, but makes it more difficult who do know how to code and customize templates and unique emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the switch. If you're used to another software, consider this if you're fundraising for political candidates.

Iterable integration makes it easy to track in Google Analytics, which is helpful for reporting purposes, although this requires work on our end to make sure UTMs are correct. It also integrates well into our donation platform, Revv and our donation processing platform, Stripe. Once again, this is very helpful for reporting purposes for our clients

Iterable review by Tim N.
Tim N.

"Strong Growth-Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Iterable is a great growth-marketing platform. I love that it covers almost every channel--email, SMS, push, and in-app--and integrates easily with Segment.

The workflow tool is far better than anything else out there, and I've personally tried pretty much every marketing automation platform from Marketo all the way down to tiny new startups.

What do you dislike?

No huge complaints here, but the organization of campaigns vs. messages could use a bit of redesign.

We use Iterable to retain our user base and market to newly acquired users.

Iterable review by Mindy W.
Mindy W.

"Iterable is an intuitive, reliable ESP that is made for the modern marketer. "

What do you like best?

I like Iterable's workflows - they are so convenient and sophisticated, and allow for any marketer to set up a dynamic drip campaign.

What do you dislike?

There are some small bells and whistles that I wish they would've considered, such as making it easy to users to send tests sends easily that will generate view in browser links.

With Iterable, we are able to target customers with the right messaging at the right time. As a result, we've been able to improve retention and overall experience for our users.

Iterable review by Jamie P.
Jamie P.

"Game changing "

What do you like best?

I love the innovation the iterable team shows to keep building a disruptive tool that is changing the way marketers are able to connect with their customers. And it is so easy to use!

What do you dislike?

iterable is seeing incredible growth and I would love for them to build more tools faster.

Iterable helped us pivot our content email program to target subscribers where they are in their lifecycle, helping us deliver more relevant messages at scale.

Iterable review by Jess D.
Jess D.

"A Quick and Clean Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many cool and exciting methods of sending. Email, Workflows, Triggered messages, SMS... and they keep adding new things.

What do you dislike?

I would like the design elements to have a standard feature of the operator's choosing. For example, I use black, size 16 font, but the default for Iterable is 12 and gray. Takes up time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for editing grouped images, and allow user to create their own default font style. Also improve data in terms of revenue.

Email sends move out much quicker, the templates sections is easier to work through, and the overall program is more user friendly. Creative abilities are also available, and growing every day.

Iterable review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"User friendly support/guides "

What do you like best?

I am a new user to Iterable, so far the experience has been amazing. The support from their team has been awesome. I have enjoyed all the onsite guides. Please keep working hard to prodvide us a great platform to work from.

What do you dislike?

So far the platform has been amazing. Maybe as I use the product more I will identify dislikes items. So far it’s amazing.

We are working to streamline our notifications.

Iterable review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Absolutely essential"

What do you like best?

Iterable is easy to use. It has many powerful features you’ll need to setup and monitor email lifecycle campaigns and promotional blasts. Also easy to test iterations and utilize all your backend data to get the best results. Price point is good too.

What do you dislike?

Still a young company and can improve on making some nuances a little easier to navigate. Also could improve analytics and reporting but confident they will keep innovating as time passes

Setting up and monitoring our retention campaigns. It’s a bit complicated for our business due to long customer cycles and types of different customers. Iterable makes the process much easier to setup and go.

Iterable review by Ashleigh G.
Ashleigh G.

"Power in workflows"

What do you like best?

Iterable has really taken our email marketing campaigns and automation to the next level. Using the workflows has allowed us to create a real relationship with the people on our lists without tiring them out from endless asks or asks that don't pique their interest.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue we've had has been with the import process. Our company had to build our own import plug-in and profile editor to ensure no data was being mishandled in the import and editing process. It would be very helpful to have an easier way to update profiles (i.e. first names, last names, zips, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable has truly been a revolutionary product at a fair price. We use it for a variety of clients from political to corporate to media and have had great success. The team is professional and easy to work with.

We are having more meaningful interactions with our potential donors and activist. In the email fundraising world, we're hitting our lists aggressively as we build up to a particular event or Election Day. By using appropriate workflows and dynamic workflows to suppress those who give or take action for several weeks, we prevent burnout and retain more emails on the list in the long run.

Emails are assets for our clients. As we acquire more emails, the longer we can retain those emails, the more value our list has in the long run allowing our clients to get a bigger bang for their buck.

Iterable review by David S.
David S.

"Iterable EMS is the best out there"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the entire system and the entire team. The customer support is unlike any other EMS I've ever worked with, and it's a game changer to have people on call at almost all hours of the day that are skilled in the space and are helpful in getting things done.

As far as the system goes, everything from the workflows to the complexity in each and every trigger. It's extremely helpful in making automation a priority for email marketing, and I'll never be able to use a different EMS.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes change is good, sometimes change is bad. I think that for the most part the changes happening on Iterable are fantastic, but sometimes the user interface changes without a prior warning and I'm thrown off. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering getting into the email marketing space, or you are in it and are looking for a different platform to execute your strategies, Iterable is the tool to use. Not only is the customer experience and support incredible and solutions-focused, but the technology is far more advanced than other EMS platforms. All in all, it's the tool you want an need for your company or yourself to better your email strategies.

My company is mostly focused on email fundraising in the email marketing space. Utilizing the Iterable platform in ways where we can personalize emails with hard data makes a difference in our efforts.

One of the biggest goals we had when we wanted to use Iterable was how do we create an automated workflow that is still personalized for each and every user on each unique list. With workflows and complex triggers we've been able to solve those problems and implement extremely unique email marketing techniques for the betterment of our clients and their efforts online.

Iterable review by Jarrod R.
Jarrod R.

"Easy to use e-mail service"

What do you like best?

Iterable has a clean interface that's easy to use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when a campaign is launched it almost seems like you get an error in the data but that goes away shortly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organization is key to keep track of your e-mails/lists and also be sure your data team has a backend mechanism in place to retrieve the e-mail data

Iterable has allowed us to get e-mails/messages out quickly to our season ticket members and conduct a higher volume of surveys than before

Iterable review by Lisa Z.
Lisa Z.

"Great customize-able CRM tool, easy for both developers and marketing managers"

What do you like best?

Workflow tool allows us to easily set complex rules that would have been impossible or required months of engineering work in a different ESP

Easy-to-use data export API's allow us to create custom dashboards on our end that tell us how well our campaigns are doing

Handlebars is easy to pick up and learn

What do you dislike?

Some basic features missing since the product is still in development mode, e.g. folder structures

Some tasks are a bit un-intuitive and have led to minor bugs in our system, e.g. having to always edit a template within a campaign rather than being able to edit a template itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for both engineers and marketing teams

Segmenting our users into different categories and sending them tailored email/push based on their segments

Sending personalized, event-triggered emails to users as soon as they take certain actions

Iterable review by Nikki G.
Nikki G.

"New to Iterable and impressed so far!"

What do you like best?

The onboarding experience has been great. Everyone is super friendly and helpful and I can tell that the team is very passionate about Iterable.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little overwhelming because there’s so much you can do, but part of that is because I’m relatively new to email marketing and i have a lot to learn.

Once we have iterable up and running we will be able to communicate with our customers much more seamlessly and will be able to build all of our emails on our own without relying on engineering. Iterable will give the marketing team much more control.

Iterable review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Great customer service and highly customizable"

What do you like best?

Customer success team is awesome and the ability to layer this on top of sparkpost is a huge win. If you’re thinking about it - just do it

What do you dislike?

It’s all awesome! But if I had to gripe - I wish there was more functionality with data feeds - but I’m sure it’s coming

Email marketing and also transactional

Iterable review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Really great product."

What do you like best?

Audience segmentation tool is v. advanced.

What do you dislike?

Merge tag input process could be easier, a la Sendbloom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

HireArt wasn't the ideal use case, so I'm not sure my feedback's really all that worthwhile. Iterable was kind of a square peg round hole for us, because there isn't necessarily a conversion at the end of our email campaigns that makes it possible to remove prospects from the drip. It's a very cool product however, and Iterable was awesome to work with. They bent over backwards to get us onboarded, and even helped us solve an unrelated issue we were having internally with email verification. Can't recommend working with them highly enough, and if the opportunity arises I'd happily recommend to e-commerce companies we work with.

Iterable review by Eva W.
Eva W.

"Easy to use self serve tool"

What do you like best?

Iterable allows me to set up workflows and campaigns without Engineering. Handlebar logic and metadata store help me personalize templates and easily update information.

What do you dislike?

Using datafeeds can cause timeouts and errors.

Segmentation and personalization. Setting up drips to keep users enngaged and our company top of mind.

Iterable review by Fabian S.
Fabian S.

"Iterable Market"

What do you like best?

- Unlimited data import

- Powerful user segmentation capability

- Integration with Segment, SendGrid, Sparkpost out-of-the-box

- Snippet feature to edit recurring elements of messages once for all messages

What do you dislike?

- UX not always intuitive

- ElasticSearch requires data integration in specific format for dates

Engaging our patients throughout their lifecycle

Iterable review by User in Internet

"Top tier product with great service"

What do you like best?

The product itself is the biggest selling point. Integrated email and push allows us to have one hub for messaging users; of the players that offer both push and email, Iterable has the most developed email service and best roadmap for future advancements.

What do you dislike?

The primary key for data is a user's email address rather than a User ID or something else that could be determined by a customer. It led our dev team to some hacky workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable is relatively similar to Kahuna and AppBoy, but it's definitely more expensive than either. If email is an important part of your business, though, Iterable is the only one that treats email as a first-class channel rather than an afterthought.

Iterable has workflows that will allow marketers to more easily edit transactional/automated emails. We are able to get more complete data on our push notifications, and we have greater ability to test variations of automated emails. By virtue of having a consolidated platform for push and email, we are able to realize some cost and time savings.

Iterable review by Dillon D.
Dillon D.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

I like how helpful support is, and how quick they get back. i also like the platform, it's open enough with simple APIs so we can build whatever we want.

What do you dislike?

In workflows, creating a new email. Seems to make more sense in my mind that you can select an existing email/template you have in the triggered tab. On the final page before hitting send on a blast, the estimated audience size is way off for us (lots of segments, lots of unsubs). There are no built in geographic/zip code segmenting tools (target using radius within XXX location column). To create an int column data first needs to come through API csv upload makes numbers string.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform, amazing team of great people. Awesome fast support. We use the API to build whatever we want and do cool things for our clients.

We find value in workflows. Email is easy enough for campaigns to send press releases and blasts themselves. We are trying to build more tools and find more value by sending all online data to iterable (donation, web visit traffic, survey data) and then using that to better segment and raise money. We have had great deliverability and thanks for supporting SSL DKIM, most of our competitors use ESPs that now give ssl errors. We've also built out petitions that send custom events to iterable (rubenforcongress.com/petition/save-social-security) and so far pretty much any problem/idea/feature we have that could add value for clients we have been able to build with iterable as the base CRM/ESP/tool.

Administrator in Internet

"A data-driven marketer's dream tool"

What do you like best?

So far, we've really enjoyed Iterable's seamless and easy-to-navigate UI. This allows our non-technical and technical marketers alike to use the platform to it's full effectiveness. We are also excited the platform can support unlimited data points. This is a major differentiate between other vendors we considered prior to choosing Iterable.

What do you dislike?

The only major con we see at the moment is the lack of global throttling limitations, but this issue will become obsolete with the features coming down Iterable's roadmap.

We needed a platform to create a seamless marketing experience for all our users via every channel. With Iterable, we are finally able to execute on a lifecycle strategy that helps to acquire new users and retain current users.

"Love Iterable!"

What do you like best?

Going to Iterable from other ESPs has been like night and day. Reporting is quick, easy and clear.

What do you dislike?

Uploading photos could be easier. Right now the process required multiple steps. A drag and drop system would be really helpful! I think this is something they are currently working on, though. .

Segmenting lists. Being able to target very specific audiences has been a game-changer. We are able to better serve our consumers by bringing them content that applies to the directly.

Iterable review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"A valuable resource for email communication"

What do you like best?

A pretty user-friendly interface, supplies a lot of tracking data on the back end to keep track of the success of your email.

What do you dislike?

Have to tinker with the coding which can mess up the email, even when making seemingly simple additions/changes to an email. Copying in text from outside can be troublesome at times as well.

Reaching mass amounts of people with emails blasts has been very helpful. The site removes duplicate emails on its own when loading lists which is definitely a plus.

Iterable review by Brent R.
Brent R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how Iterable is laid out. It's very easy to navigate and find what your'e looking for. It's especially useful to me in the experiments tab because I run a lot of A/B tests

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to search for one specific email and I find myself just going back through the pages until I can find it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a trial run. I used other products at old jobs and this one is very easy to use

I do a lot of A/B testing for my company and the setup process to run those tests are very easy to use

Iterable review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Easy to Use + Great Support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up templates/create blast campaigns. Easy to see how emails are performing. The Iterable team is constantly working to improve their product which is great to see. Support has been helpful and spends time to solve problems

What do you dislike?

Needs more API support! Would like more in depth data when it comes to revenue reporting. List segmentation can get complicated quick and become messy. Would like more notification when changes do get rolled out to the site instead of being surprised.

Email marketing, A/B testing, triggered campaigns for different segments of users, creating a more personalized email experience

Iterable review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Iterable Review"

What do you like best?

I very much like that iterable is very clean and organized. I also like that the email is compatible on all computers, phone, iPads, tablets, etc.

What do you dislike?

While it is user friendly, I feel as though I need to be very careful to not press certain buttons and also that I cannot make a lot of changes on my own, stylistically. Lastly, I wish I could update email lists on my own - but that is more of a personal pet peeve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely test it out! Iterable has a lot of great features that simple email marketing does not have.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I am solving business problems -- I am mostly reaching out to my members and iterable allows me to do so in a clean and easy fashion.

Iterable review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Marketing Review within Iterable "

What do you like best?

The flow of Iterable compared to other systems I have used is much easier to use. Also I really like the fact that I can always reach out to someone for help! You guys are great with that!

What do you dislike?

I find the template setup a little difficult to use as I have to create a new one more often than I would like. But this is honestly the only issue I have ran into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to support. Make sure you utilize their people because it is much better than figuring it out yourself.

We have solved a lot of problems with this and we are not even into it that far. We now have a way to segment lists better and know our customers on a whole new level!

Iterable review by User in Music
User in Music

"It could be good...it just isn't reliable"

What do you like best?

The best part about Iterable is all that you can do on it. The capabilities for different campaigns you can set up are numerous.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be VERY difficult to use and the system cannot really handle a high volume of use. The tool is also HIGHLY unreliable. Lists dont upload, sends stop midway - and it isn't caught unless you are proactively looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small company, it could probably be a good tool. For companies with high list size, this may not be the best.

Iterable is probably at its best when attempting to send out emails that come from workflows.

"Satisfied Customer"

What do you like best?

Organizing campaigns and scheduling email and push notifications is very simple and content transitioned smoothly from our old ESP. Also, organizing workflows allows you to visualize and conceptualize each step of the system.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see a more testing available for workflows

Iterable helped our company to generate new content for our customer newsletter with their easy to use template editor and campaign scheduling tools.

Iterable review by User in Computer Software

"Strong Platform for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

The workflow feature allows marketers to build complex communication flows targeting users at optimal times.

What do you dislike?

Occasional downtime and system slowness can limit the effectiveness of workflows. I hope this can be cleaned up.

Marketing independence to set-up triggers and campaigns without engineering resources. We are able to set up new triggers and tets creatives much quicker than before.

Iterable review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"New product, still in development."

What do you like best?

Capability to integrate with numerous data programs and crms.

What do you dislike?

The lack of the ability to organization the assets by the use of folders and dysfunctional wyziwyg editor. Both are overdue for improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable is a product geared towards low volume of singular email blasts. The automation functionality is not quite built to such a capacity that it can handle complicated campaign setup.

The ability to integrate multiple softwares in order to output data. In addition, the ability for 1 system's ability to read to several instances of Salesforce.

Iterable review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Iterable's team has the knowledge and flexibility to make their email system the best I have used."

What do you like best?

The workflows have made it easy for me to add and remove users from list to then use as suppression lists as well as create holding patterns to keep every user happy, engaged and converting.

What do you dislike?

The inability to dig into segments within an email after sent (essentially, to layer levels of analytics on each other.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the customer service team, asking them specific questions on how you can implement Iterable within your company to improve your growth marketing. And the blog is awesome -- so read the blog for additional ideas, guidance and inspiration.

We have been able to personalize the donation process for our email donors.

Iterable review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Nothing but amazing"

What do you like best?

Features are solid and the support is great! Iterable is young and flexible and the API is very comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

Importing tool needs to be redone to allow you to match fields. Can all be done through the API well enough, but the UI needs a little more work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask about workflows. It's their best feature.

We do all sorts of email marketing so we need something flexible. Iterable provides that.

Iterable review by User in Internet

"Exactly what we were looking for."

What do you like best?

- Amazing support

- Visual journey builder

- Segment integration

- Modern UI/UX

- Feature building

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll run into a few bugs, but nothing the support team won't help me solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Iterable. It outperforms every ESP in just about every area. I'm extremely happy with my experience thus far.

Iterable allows us to create visual workflows and journeys for better marketing to our users. Through my research for an ESP, it is the only platform that allows for full customization in their journey builder. It also has the UI/UX of a 2016 software, which is hard to find in this industry.

Iterable review by Jeff O.
Jeff O.

"Iterable's segmentation is fantastic, a very easy to use program"

What do you like best?

the segmentation and suppression makes it really easy to target properly. Editing and cloning templates is very easy so its great for repeatable send outs with similar audiences.

What do you dislike?

haven't really been bothered by anything yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

it will definitely take your targeting to the next level, learn as much as you can about logical segmentation.

email send outs of our newsletters, artist launch emails et

Iterable review by Administrator

"Maximizing customer experience using workflows"

What do you like best?

Being able to personalize our workflows across all channels.

What do you dislike?

I would LOVE to be able to clone workflows across projects. My company (DataClover) has over 150 projects with the same set workflows per each. When we sign a new customer it is very tedious to set up these workflows each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how important the API calls are and connecting data - I was removed from this process as a marketer and wish my tech team guided me more here.

Being able to clone workflows throughout projects!

Iterable review by User

"Growing in right direction"

What do you like best?

Tool combines easy and logical interface for business users with a strategic layer underneath to build scalable customer journeys.

What do you dislike?

Integration to some 3rd party endpoints has webhook dependencies More native integrations would be appreciated

Omnichannel campaigns have been siloed. We hope Iterable helps us flatten that implementation.

Iterable review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Been using iterable for about 8 months now"

What do you like best?

Iterable has a lot of bells and whistles, so it was easy to get lost in all of the features when I first was spinning up on the tool. Luckily they have very quick and eager customer service to help us.

What do you dislike?

Iterable doesn't have any team collaboration tools which makes it a little hard to work with different team members on the same email project.

The core business problems Iterable is solving is customer communication. Admittedly- we haven't have been able to realize all the benefits but are looking forward to dicing deeper in!

Iterable review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Not just a esp - a partner"

What do you like best?

The team and amount of data as are able to push in for campaign targeting

What do you dislike?

So powerful - have to prove very careful & use caution. Testing workflows is a little clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it- great partner

Ability to communicate with all our end users

Iterable review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Using Iterable as our current ESP"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface which allows me to teach anyone how to use.

What do you dislike?

- Elastic search database vs relational

- Poor unsubscribe management

- No FTAF functionality

- Poor reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for a ESP solution but not as a CRM.

A powerful ESP that will allow us to hypertarget our audience through recommended content.

Iterable review by User in Computer Software

"Super responsive team and clean UI"

What do you like best?

The sales team is extremely knowledgable when it comes to what can be accomplished and how to get everything set up. The dashboard is intuitive!

What do you dislike?

Haven’t seen anything yet that I don’t like.

We have customers that use Iterable and we leverage the API for programmatic sends and the API is very clean and straight forward.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

Amazing UI- makes it easy for our team to build campaigns. Support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any real cons, other than the lack of Salesforce integration (but they are working on releasing that soon!)

Being able to send relevant, targeted email by segmenting our customers.

"Iterable review"

What do you like best?

Their support team is amazing! It's also very easy to build program workflows in Iterable

What do you dislike?

I wish you could aggregate A/B workflow results for reporting purposes

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can do everything the big name ISPs can do. They are an amazing tool and company.

We're trying to segment more intelligently. Iterable has worked with our segment setup in order to fire off on custom events we choose.

Administrator in Internet

"Finding a very good product, which ease the life of email Template making"

What do you like best?

Getting the most Item on Interface only.

What do you dislike?

when you moving from One section to another or clicking from open template to left sided menu item than browser will ask to stay or leave the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes , I recommends other to use Iterable to ease their marketing strategies.

We are using get more and more business from the user by sending them our marketing mails.

Iterable review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Need work to be more intuitive"

What do you like best?

The ability to create workflows and templates.

What do you dislike?

UX and UI sometimes are not very intuitive.

Manage campaign and integrate with our own tool.

Iterable review by Executive Sponsor in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Executive Sponsor in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"The product is good however the Api is not evolved enough"

What do you like best?

Workflow emails triggers and simple segmentation

What do you dislike?

Api are not documented well and missing batch event Ali

Email marketing

"Iterable "

What do you like best?

Amazing omni channel product, very usefull to utilize for marketing use

What do you dislike?

Nothing , it's a very useful tool to use for marketing

Using multiple channel to create best marketing practice

Iterable review by Administrator

"Easy user experience for the email marketer"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, easy to use, great documentation

What do you dislike?

Need greater demo kickoffs to kickoff team on all things Iterable

A/B testing to figure out retention initiatives and reactivate paused patients

Iterable review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Music
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Music

"Useful data for email analytics. "

What do you like best?

The reporting tools. These have been extremely helpful in post email blast analytics.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes unclear posting instructions. When starting out I personally had some issues with scheduling that has since been resolved.

How to maximize click throughs in our email campaigns.

Iterable review by Administrator in Political Organization
Administrator in Political Organization

"So far, the best email platform I've ever used."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. Easy to get templates setup. The staff has taken to it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

No specific complaints up to this point.

We use iterate for email marketing and fundraising.

Iterable review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Great customer service and great product"

What do you like best?

Iterable is truly easy to use and fool proof. We have never had a problem getting support and help from staff.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to integrate my AWS acct

Email marketing.

Iterable review by Consultant in E-Learning
Consultant in E-Learning

"My favorite Marketing Automation tool"

What do you like best?

Very robust Workflow tool, really nice Segment Integration, very responsive customer service. Competitive pricing

What do you dislike?

Iterable can benefit from more robust roles and entitlement schema

Multi-product, multi-voice marketing communication.

"Iterable Review "

What do you like best?

It is relatively easy to use, unlike marketo where it is hard to learn.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of features for segmentation.

Email retention marketing

Learn more about Iterable

Iterable Videos

Learning about Iterable?

* We monitor all Iterable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.