What do you like best?
- Data flexibility: we can integrate SO MUCH DATA and insert them into emails pretty easily.
- Their team: their team is awesome, transparent and so easy-going. So unlike the stiff corporate teams I've faced with other larger ESP's.
- Workflow tool is awesome. So much you can do with this and all pretty easily.
- I also love that my engineers love the tool!
What do you dislike?
- It's a "startup" ESP, so there are small kinks they're still working out. Their team is always happy to listen and I like that I can impact their product roadmap with my feedback.
- Their reporting suite can use a makeover. It's not that intuitive and is pretty lacking. I just end up exporting my data as a data dump and doing my own pivots instead.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Don't get sucked into the big-name ESP's. Most of them are deceitful with their sales tactics and will tell you everything is easy to do. Iterable has been the most transparent with me and most honest with how our integration will work and also their weaknesses of the tool.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We needed to find an ESP that would let us integrate our user data WITHOUT a flat-file integration.
We're a search company, so we need to be able to efficiently pass over all the user search results AND the properties of those result items into our ESP and have the marketing team easily include those result parameters into an email.
Our engineers love the API integration (we don't send any files back and forth!). I use the tool personally, and it has a LOT of options to accomplish one thing. As a marketer, it can be very confusing but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
The workflow tool is also awesome, especially because there are so many data points you can integrate into the workflow. You can even build a workflow from an API trigger, so all your dev team would have to do is set the API and the marketer can build an automation with the rest.