Iterable

Iterable

Iterable empowers growth marketers to create world-class user engagement campaigns throughout the full lifecycle, and across all channels. Marketers segment users, build workflows, automate touchpoints, and test strategies at scale without engineering support.

Work for Iterable?

Learning about Iterable?

Iterable Reviews

Ask Iterable a Question
Showing 64 Iterable reviews
Iterable review by <span>Anita T.</span>
Anita T.

"Impressed with the breadth of functionality"

What do you like best?

We chose Iterable based on the strength of its API and its ability to handle a multi-million list size. As a marketer, Iterable has a number of powerful advanced features that make it easy for me to perform segmentation, write workflows and run multivariate tests. The support team is beyond amazing; they are knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure their customers succeed.

What do you dislike?

Our engineers get a bit frustrated about some of the technical limitations. For example, certain types of API calls are currently centered around the individual user vs. a particular list (meaning that Iterable is designed to ping your server X million times for each user on a list vs. 1 X for the list itself). That said, the Iterable product team is very responsive to customer feedback, and this issue is on the short-term roadmap to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Iterable based on the strength of their support team. They have bent over backward to ensure the success of this implementation.

Prior to using Iterable, we had a homegrown email-marketing system. Marketing had no ability to send emails or to get detailed metrics without engineering support. Iterable has allowed us to reduce time-to-market for getting sends out the door, while improving testing and metrics reporting. For our most recent product launch, email marketing powered by Iterable was the top revenue-driving marketing tactic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Iterable
Iterable review by <span>Lucy C.</span>
Lucy C.

"Easy Automation with Highly Personalized Messaging"

What do you like best?

Iterable's data setup. First I've seen to use customer objects instead of relational data tables. Makes personalization really easy and robust — I can sync any customer property I might have into Iterable and can filter users, dynamically personalize, make journey decisions, and more based on these properties.

Also Iterable's workflows — easy to setup triggers and intuitive to use when building out customer journeys and decision splits. Also like that the journey is easy to visually follow once setup, allowing other team members to be able to easily hop in and interpret what's going on.

What do you dislike?

All pretty minor things in the big picture...the fact that user PK is email address instead of being able to custom set what we'd like it to be (we have userIDs that we'd prefer to key off of), inability to rename a property once passed in due to Elastic Search, lack of support for common functions in handlebars (this is a simple fix, but lower priority), lack of handlebars support in Snippets, inability to create a globally applied automatic suppression list (to the whole account, or by send classification - transact vs. marketing).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend Iterable for it's ease of use and UX for marketers who aren't super technical. However, if you're a former SFMC power user like myself, you may find it lacking in some areas. For me, certainly none of them were deal breakers, and I find that I can still do most of what I was able to through SFMC, albeit in a different way.

Mitigating user churn and increasing retention. We've been able to build out phases of our customer lifecycle through workflows to help engaging with our users and are running many A/B tests to gather additional learnings and iterate. Still in v1/v2 for many of our drips, but looking forward to implementing learnings and further improving our lifecycle through use of Iterable's great features.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Iterable review by <span>Raja D.</span>
Raja D.

"Great innovative product and highly recommended."

What do you like best?

What I like is since I started using Iterable, the product has been evolving and getting more innovative. I enjoy the workflow section on the UI. I enjoy when my team needs product enhancements, they are willing to hear our needs out and work on improving. I like the great customer success team and always helping us. Finally, the upper management and when in need being available to get in discussion with any further needs we might have.

What do you dislike?

I would really like the segmentation piece to be improved. I would like to work with Iterable on needs here as I have found many flaws that I have iterated, but yet not gotten solved. Like searching for a number of campaigns that are similar all at once instead of doing OR's with tons of campaign ids. To be able to query a full workflow.

With Iterable, we have helped our email marketing needs and to reach out to new registered users and in the end have the ability to have the user subscribe.

Iterable review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

"Solid marketing automation product"

What do you like best?

Two things:

1.) The workflows are super easy to create.

2.) The ability to run multi-channel retention/conversion campaigns out of one platform is great: e-mail, SMS, push and Facebook Custom Audiences.

What do you dislike?

Support is a little non-existent.

1.) There is very little help with onboarding - just a bunch of guides

2.) Support is really only available via LiveChat and takes upwards of 30 minutes to get a response sometimes. That said, once you can get someone on LiveChat, they are amazingly knowledgeable and supportive. The only downside is if you have a campaign all queued to go but need to wait for a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid technical implementation team. Most onboarding is left to a series of guides on their site.

We were looking to get more intelligent with our nurture campaigns, transitioning off of Mailchimp to a better product for automation.

Iterable review by <span>Michelle Marie R.</span>
Michelle Marie R.

"The Best Growth Marketing Tool You Will EVER Use!"

What do you like best?

I seriously cannot say enough amazing things about Iterable. It is a fantastic tool that yields powerful results and has completely revolutionized the way we execute email marketing. It allows for far more sophisticated email list segmentation and trigger email / drip marketing campaign development vs. our previous Email Service Provider. And the level of customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I feel like its a real partnership, which is a great feeling.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few things the company is working on, to improve functionality—they are a start-up after all. But the company is adding new capabilities every day (and has already implemented some things I hav requested), so it'll only get better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable is more expensive than MailChimp (or other similar email service providers), but the benefits FAR outweigh the benefits. Iterable has already paid for itself and then some!

Overall, it has helped us better segment and target our users, better identify and capitalize upon points of demonstrated interest in our product, and allow for more impact drip email campaigns. Not sure if my company wants me to share exact numbers, but let's just say that its helped increase purchase conversions, overall user engagement and email traffic by a VERY considerable factor. I cannot recommend this product more highly!

Iterable review by <span>Sue C.</span>
Sue C.

"Best ESP in my 10 years of email experience"

What do you like best?

- Data flexibility: we can integrate SO MUCH DATA and insert them into emails pretty easily.

- Their team: their team is awesome, transparent and so easy-going. So unlike the stiff corporate teams I've faced with other larger ESP's.

- Workflow tool is awesome. So much you can do with this and all pretty easily.

- I also love that my engineers love the tool!

What do you dislike?

- It's a "startup" ESP, so there are small kinks they're still working out. Their team is always happy to listen and I like that I can impact their product roadmap with my feedback.

- Their reporting suite can use a makeover. It's not that intuitive and is pretty lacking. I just end up exporting my data as a data dump and doing my own pivots instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get sucked into the big-name ESP's. Most of them are deceitful with their sales tactics and will tell you everything is easy to do. Iterable has been the most transparent with me and most honest with how our integration will work and also their weaknesses of the tool.

We needed to find an ESP that would let us integrate our user data WITHOUT a flat-file integration.

We're a search company, so we need to be able to efficiently pass over all the user search results AND the properties of those result items into our ESP and have the marketing team easily include those result parameters into an email.

Our engineers love the API integration (we don't send any files back and forth!). I use the tool personally, and it has a LOT of options to accomplish one thing. As a marketer, it can be very confusing but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

The workflow tool is also awesome, especially because there are so many data points you can integrate into the workflow. You can even build a workflow from an API trigger, so all your dev team would have to do is set the API and the marketer can build an automation with the rest.

Learn more about Iterable

Iterable Videos

Learning about Iterable?

* We monitor all Iterable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.