Iterable

Iterable

Iterable empowers growth marketers to create world-class user engagement campaigns throughout the full lifecycle, and across all channels. Marketers segment users, build workflows, automate touchpoints, and test strategies at scale without engineering support.

Work for Iterable?

Learning about Iterable?

Iterable Reviews

Ask Iterable a Question
Showing 44 Iterable reviews
Iterable review by <span>Michelle Marie R.</span>
Michelle Marie R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I seriously cannot say enough amazing things about Iterable. It is a fantastic tool that yields powerful results and has completely revolutionized the way we execute email marketing. It allows for far more sophisticated email list segmentation and trigger email / drip marketing campaign development vs. our previous Email Service Provider. And the level of customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I feel like its a real partnership, which is a great feeling.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few things the company is working on, to improve functionality—they are a start-up after all. But the company is adding new capabilities every day (and has already implemented some things I hav requested), so it'll only get better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iterable is more expensive than MailChimp (or other similar email service providers), but the benefits FAR outweigh the benefits. Iterable has already paid for itself and then some!

Overall, it has helped us better segment and target our users, better identify and capitalize upon points of demonstrated interest in our product, and allow for more impact drip email campaigns. Not sure if my company wants me to share exact numbers, but let's just say that its helped increase purchase conversions, overall user engagement and email traffic by a VERY considerable factor. I cannot recommend this product more highly!

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jessica Henderson of Iterable

Thanks for submitting a review, Michelle! We’re working on those improvements to functionality and you’ll be the first to know when they’re completed. Have a productive Thursday!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Iterable
Iterable review by <span>Sue C.</span>
Sue C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

- Data flexibility: we can integrate SO MUCH DATA and insert them into emails pretty easily.

- Their team: their team is awesome, transparent and so easy-going. So unlike the stiff corporate teams I've faced with other larger ESP's.

- Workflow tool is awesome. So much you can do with this and all pretty easily.

- I also love that my engineers love the tool!

What do you dislike?

- It's a "startup" ESP, so there are small kinks they're still working out. Their team is always happy to listen and I like that I can impact their product roadmap with my feedback.

- Their reporting suite can use a makeover. It's not that intuitive and is pretty lacking. I just end up exporting my data as a data dump and doing my own pivots instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get sucked into the big-name ESP's. Most of them are deceitful with their sales tactics and will tell you everything is easy to do. Iterable has been the most transparent with me and most honest with how our integration will work and also their weaknesses of the tool.

We needed to find an ESP that would let us integrate our user data WITHOUT a flat-file integration.

We're a search company, so we need to be able to efficiently pass over all the user search results AND the properties of those result items into our ESP and have the marketing team easily include those result parameters into an email.

Our engineers love the API integration (we don't send any files back and forth!). I use the tool personally, and it has a LOT of options to accomplish one thing. As a marketer, it can be very confusing but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

The workflow tool is also awesome, especially because there are so many data points you can integrate into the workflow. You can even build a workflow from an API trigger, so all your dev team would have to do is set the API and the marketer can build an automation with the rest.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Iterable review by <span>Anita T.</span>
Anita T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

We chose Iterable based on the strength of its API and its ability to handle a multi-million list size. As a marketer, Iterable has a number of powerful advanced features that make it easy for me to perform segmentation, write workflows and run multivariate tests. The support team is beyond amazing; they are knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure their customers succeed.

What do you dislike?

Our engineers get a bit frustrated about some of the technical limitations. For example, certain types of API calls are currently centered around the individual user vs. a particular list (meaning that Iterable is designed to ping your server X million times for each user on a list vs. 1 X for the list itself). Also, in the last few weeks, we have received several status alerts regarding performance and availability issues; I'm hoping these are just growing pains that Iterable's engineering team will be able to permanently fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Iterable based on the strength of their support team. They have bent over backward to ensure the success of this implementation.

Prior to using Iterable, we had a homegrown email-marketing system. Marketing had no ability to send emails or to get detailed metrics. Iterable has allowed us to reduce time-to-market for getting sends out the door, while improving testing and metrics reporting. We are now in the process of moving emails from our in-house system to Iterable, and developing sophisticated triggered/nurture campaigns.

Iterable review by <span>Bill G.</span>
Bill G.

Onboarding Client Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Everything is very straightforward. Understanding how to retrieve data for segmentation/campaign builds is simple. The workflows are very clear and intuitive, which also leaves a lot of guesswork out of campaign set up.

What do you dislike?

Overall biggest limitation uncovered has been the inability to change field names/formats once they've been created. Reporting tools have room for improvement too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our consumer marketing retention needs are heavy in email workflows with some layered in push notifications. Iterable's pricing structure and product offering was in line with what we were looking for. I would recommend presenting a use case and requesting client referrals to make sure Iterable is the right fit for your needs too.

Ability to do cross-channel marketing at an affordable rate.

Iterable review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

Great for anything that isn't SaaS

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Iterable is a great service for simple drip campaigns as well as large data crunching. They are flexible with best in class tools like Segment that allow for powerful segmentation as well as creating dynamic content.

What do you dislike?

Their email template tool is open source, meaning any changes needing to be made to it require them submitting a ticket that could potentially take months. They really should invest in a proprietary solution that allows for high resolution and retina support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really think about the issues you are trying to solve and the systems you are Integrating with as they will play a major role in what limitations you could potentially face.

We are solving mid-end funnel conversion problems, drip campaigns and the workflow canvas is a powerful tool they provide. Benefits also include the fact they are extremely flexible with how they ingest data so you can do just about anything (if you can think of a potential solution to make it happen).

Iterable review by Administrator

Great Email Campaign Service

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the ability to see "hot spots" on emails we send. I work in admin so the ability to see what links, and emails customers are looking at while I am helping them really helps me better assist them. The Customer Care team is amazing whenever I need something from them they are always able to easily assist me.

What do you dislike?

I think the logs of where the customer clicked or what they visited could be clearer, however I am not sure if that is something on our end as a user vs. the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working in an email based company this is a great asset for admin and customer service to better help customers. You can make great workflows that allow your team to track what a user is doing and see where they are most engaged in the emails.

It helps us realize what is working and what is not working. It allows us to see what domains are rejecting our email, or having deliverability issues.

Learn more about Iterable

Iterable Videos

Learning about Iterable?

* We monitor all Iterable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.