iWave

iWave

iWave is a fundraising research platform that nonprofits use to identify and get to know wealthy/philanthropic prospects and donors.

Work for iWave?

Learning about iWave?

iWave Reviews

Ask iWave a Question
Showing 123 iWave reviews
iWave review by Dave A.
Dave A.

"All-in-one wealth prospecting and research platform"

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. In addition, the support staff always responds very quickly, and they offer regular user training whenever we add a new employee. I very much like that I can do Foundation prospecting alongside individual research, and the bulk data upload is an incredible value with a quick turnaround time.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about this product, after two years as a user I can say the only limitation is one shared by every other prospect research platform: some entities and individuals are adept at shielding information about their assets and giving history. This is to be expected and is just one of the challenges you encounter in the field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I utilized product demos for a number of other wealth prospecting software, and found iWave to be the most accessible and best value for our needs.

iWave allows us to easily build wealth profiles of our ticket buyers and donor prospects; In addition, the platform integrates comprehensive data on foundation giving and corporate contacts, making it an invaluable tool when preparing grant applications, opportunity research, and corporate proposals. One of the best features of iWave is the ability to research prospects without using your purchased credits. This allows us to quickly look up as many people as we want without worrying about running out of credits. We use our purchased credits in the Bulk Upload feature, which offers a great way to receive profiles on thousands of ticketbuyers from our database, and the turnaround time is only 36 hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iWave
iWave review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"My starting place for every research project"

What do you like best?

The most helpful feature to iWave PRO is the consolidation of multiple sources under one location. Getting a capacity (wealth) rating from the information you find is incredibly valuable. With 360 Search, I can take a first name and address and in most cases find career, home value and philanthropic inclinations all at once. When I am searching out new territories for gift officers, I want to know that the prospects I submit present have the capacity we need to make the a viable. I get that confidence when I search in iWave PRO.

What do you dislike?

I struggled most with the learning curve to ensure that I was gathering the correct and complete information on a prospect. The training sessions helped give some creative search ideas. Ultimately, iWave PRO can be a blunt instrument as it does not give any confidence ratings to the results, It simply returns them en masse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is a comprehensive tool that is easy to navigate and provides an abundance of information for you to consume. Take the time to use the demo credits and discover the potential sitting in your database.

I am a one person researching unit. I support five fundraisers with my efforts. Time savings is an obvious benefit to my organization. We have also increased our ask amounts in proposals because we have a more complete picture of our donors and their willingness and ability to give. Nothing can replace an in person visit, but the information I can gather helps secure that first visit more consistently and confidently.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

iWave review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"iWave is my right hand."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the 360 search - I can get loads of info very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a tab for advanced search criteria so I could specify last name for a search. Sometimes there's a last name that pulls up loads of first names (i.e. searching Scott Russell brings me Russell Scott too, or if I want to search only by last name so I can find spousal or trust-owned property, it's nearly impossible in a case like this).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really did my due diligence in researching options - iWave was highly recommended by others. I've used other tools, and switched back to iWave.

Narrowing our focus very quickly - helping us know which of our donors have the capacity to do more. We've been able to put our resources where they're more likely to yield results.

iWave review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"iWave as an Information Source"

What do you like best?

I like the 360-degree view of a prospect, which includes a lot of information on one screen. From there, I can dig into the data using other tabs, to get the insight I need.

What do you dislike?

I often fin the philanthropic information is incomplete, which requires I use other sources to paint a more complete picture of a prospect's philanthropic activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend iWave because it is a "one stop shop" for information on prospects. It is able to provide a 360-degree view as well as focused information (e.g., real estate, philanthropy, relationships). Another cool thing is that for some of the data points there are links to source documents, which is very helpful.

We are able to determine which prospects to invest time in order to cultivate gifts to our university. We're working more efficiently and achieving better ROI.

iWave review by Aimee F.
Aimee F.

"iWave PRO essential is my favorite research tool!"

What do you like best?

The 360 degree search is a one stop, quick search for a prospect. With just one search you are delivered a dashboard with information from ZoomInfo, Dun&Bradstreet, Donations, Political Contributions, TrackWealth, Real Estate, Foundations/Charities. We find that the information is very reliable and accurate. You can drill down into the .pdfs of annual reports, or 990s of foundations. You can click and get more details on property ownership. You can also export the data you find.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be more/better information on stock holdings. - seeing more of the SEC documents in the same dashboard would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my go-to research tool, if you can only have one this is the product i'd recommend for sure!

We are able to prepare profiles on our prospects using the data that we verify from iWave.

iWave review by Lorraine  G.
Lorraine G.

"Great alternative to Wealth Engine"

What do you like best?

I like the rel-sci tab -- seeing how people relate to one another helps us better strategize on how to approach a potential new donor. The ratings give us an idea of not only someone's capacity but also the probability that they will donate to us.

What do you dislike?

I would like the contact information to be easier to find, when available. I also find the interface with Salesforce to be not as robust as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend some time using both Wealth Engine and iWave before making a decision.

In the past, we have done sizable mailings to the parents of our program participants with little to no ROI. This year, we targeted only those parents that had capacity with the hard mailing and sent everyone else an e-blast. The campaign was more effective.

iWave review by Armen B.
Armen B.

"iWave PRO is productive"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how it integrates with other aspects of iWave. Another plus -- and I hope they keep it -- is PIPL, which is there on a trial basis currently. I want to strongly recommend that they keep it! It is a major step forward in terms of being able to ascertain whether you have the right person.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found too many things I don't like, except that at times, info on previous professional experience is old, and I have to "manually" update via Linked In.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reasonably priced wealth screening search platform.

iWave Pro helps me research my top major gift prospects and has helped me identify things about them that would have taken months.to research.

iWave review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Informative, Intuitive Tool for Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

IWave PRO is extremely useful for pulling together all the different aspect of a philanthropic prospect onto one screen: employment, property ownership, ball-park of net-worth (as applicable) and giving trends.

What do you dislike?

The net-worth assessment is rather opaque; it's unclear where the data comes from and the ranges are wide. A high number is a good indicator of additional research required but doesn't nail down philanthropic capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing prospect research this is a key tool in your kit. It will improve your ability to assess prospects as well as craft more resonant proposals.

PRO is key to understanding giving habits, existing giving levels, and areas of philanthropic interests for prospects. I am able to provide exponentially better guidance on all these aspects of Major Gift work based on data gathered from iWave Pro.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and a great one-stop shop for information about prospects. I like that I can find so much information in one place. I also really like being able to search real estate by address; it's a really good way to find multiple properties owned by a single individual. I'm also a fan of the SEC filings search; it allows me to narrow my searches on the actual SEC website more effectively. ZoomInfo's aggregation of business contact information is also really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the recent RelSci implementation is particularly useful. I also don't ever use the Prospects of Wealth section -- the information in there seems arbitrary and we don't get sufficient (read: any) information about how the conclusions are drawn. How does it know the liquid assets and that people are into wine and gourmet or home decor?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely check it out and see if it works for your research shop! iWave is a really useful tool that I can't imagine having to do my job without. It's very user-friendly with a gentle learning curve, a huge time-saver, and a great resource.

It helps us find information about our prospects. We're able to save time by finding so much information in iWave instead of checking multiple databases. I also like the screening credits included with the subscription. iWave's screenings are done quickly and seem to be about as accurate as other screening services.

iWave review by Rikki B.
Rikki B.

"iWave has saved my professional life!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the 360 search and how it populates professional information, real estate and donations of my constituents. I also really appreciate having the information from Relationship Science and Dun & Bradstreet.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything; however, I use the Thomson Reuters and Insider Filings less than the other categories of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! While I do not use all the features available, those that I do have been awesome!

iWave has increased my efficiency at work for surface level verification of prospective donors. The benefit realized is increased return on investment of time input for research related efforts.

"Regular user"

What do you like best?

I use iWave daily. The sources and interface make it easy to find the information I need. I love the 360 Search and the ability to drill down into details for any of the results. Being able to sort and export donations is fantastic especially when researching someone with a common name, I can sort out the results that are not the constituent I am researching (based on middle initial or spouse name).

What do you dislike?

This is a tough question, iWave is my go-to source. It would be great if iWave could link directly to county assessor websites, as I have to go to the assessor sites to confirm if a constituent still owns the property.

iWave lets me quickly answer my development officers when they ask "is the constituent philanthropic?" I can quickly get an overview and more details as needed.

iWave review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Very intuitive and informative prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

Many donor prospect tools are fairly similar but what I really enjoy about iWave PRO is that you can adjust the settings to customize the scoring to a larger degree than I notice with similar products. This makes the output from iWave PRO much easier to interpret and use compared with scores derived with less transparency. In addition, iWave has research tools for Canadian prospects so anyone with donors or prospects in Canada will find resources through iWave PRO that are not available elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to really think of anything to really dislike about the product honestly. If anything, I would note that our current contract only allows for a batch screen of around 5,000 records where other comparable products bundle in a much larger batch screening allowance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found iWave PRO to be very intuitive and to also provide really useful information. That being said, I have had positive experiences with other similar products as well. I would definitely recommend trying it out and seeing if it is the right fit for you and your organization. I think it largely comes down to personal preference to be honest. The one major advantage that it has over competition is the Canadian resources which definitely set iWave PRO apart if you have prospects in Canada.

We use iWave PRO to verify wealth and to identify if a prospect has made philanthropic gifts to other like organizations. It is also a handy tool for finding additional real estate, board affiliations and general news and information about someone.

iWave review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"iWave"

What do you like best?

We were drawn to iWave because our old research software did not pull information on foundations. We liked the ability to see where foundations were giving their money without having to pull a 990 (although you can get the 990 in iWave if you would like). The sources for donations and property seemed more up to date than the sources in our old system and the reports are more comprehensive. It even includes an aerial view of the individual's house. We also like that individual searches do not count toward your credits. The alerts is another feature that if very helpful.

What do you dislike?

When you are doing a search for a common name that has many hits, it does not let you exclude records that you know are not the individual you are searching for so it can be a little frustrating to search through a lot of records. That was one thing I liked about our old system. You could check off records to remove them from your search. You also cannot manually add property that you find independently to the property record. It will allow you to add it to notes but it does not include the property value when calculating figures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are able to, this would be great to use in conjunction with another software. I wish I could combine ResearchPoint and iWave together.

We are able to get a better overall picture of our donors and what causes they care about as well as the appropriate amount to ask for.

iWave review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"Highly recommend iWavePro to Prospect Researchers"

What do you like best?

I can hardly remember life before the 360 search! Love it.

This is the only product that allows us to find some international information (especially Canada; we are on the border of Ottawa, Ontario). The new ability to screen Canadian prospects for estimated median household income and real estate value is fantastic!

The Prospects of Wealth alerts have been really helpful and we often find gifts to other organizations and/or additional real estate properties in iWavePro that do not turn up in our other subscription products.

What do you dislike?

We wish it returned more Canadian property data, but we know that is a work in progress.

I do wish Donations could be sorted by donor last name rather than having the full name sorted by first name - actually this would be helpful in all sortable fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try everything! Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Data Mining for new major gift level prospects ($100k+ over 5 years) for our next (largest) capital campaign.

iWave review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Great product, worth the investment"

What do you like best?

I like the up to date real estate information which we use to keep track of constituents and investors who have moved recently. I like using the 360 search as a broad overview to get started when researching a new constituent; it helps me get a better understanding of the kind of information available as well as help me sift out who the person is not (useful when dealing with common names in metropolitan areas).

The UI is easy to use and very intuitive. It's pleasant to look at and clean, so you're not distracted by nonsense everywhere.

What do you dislike?

On the real estate page, the "State" drop down menu lets you use the arrow keys when selecting a state after you started typing it in, but the "City" drop down menu does not offer the same set up. So it's a little annoying, for me at least for efficiency's sake, to have to use two different means of selecting the appropriate State/City. But it's not a "deal breaker", just a minor annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My organization is religious non-profit and, like all research shops, we have to be careful about our overhead and what we spend our resources on. IWave has worked with us on pricing and helping us find a price that works for what we can afford. The product has been an investment that has paid for itself, especially when tracking down major donors for events and for our Major Gift Officers and our executive leadership. I've had the chance to recommend the product to a couple of other religious non-profits for the same reason as above and I would continue to recommend this product to any size research shop.

Many of our constituents will move without notifying us, so one problem that we solve is being able to track down their new addresses quickly. We are also able to see what they sold their previous property for and for how much they purchased their new property, which we then are able to let our Major Gift officers know if their constituent is in a good position to make a major gift.

I work for a small research shop (two people) and we have to use our time as efficiently as possible. Having one product where we can do a 360 search as well as drill down in things like business ownership, ZoomInfo profiles, donations, real estate, and foundation affiliation is great. It's especially useful in tandem with our other wealth aggregate software which we can then verify information between the two of them.

iWave review by Deborah F.
Deborah F.

"Excellent Prospect Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many different options, but what I tend to use the most is the Donations tool for finding gifts by companies. Most other tools are only effective for individuals, but with IWave, I can enter a company name and see what sorts of organizations and events they support. I also like the way that you can adjust the giving ranges for years, dollar amounts, even gift types.

What do you dislike?

All I can think of at this time is that I wish the Export process (e.g., for Prospects of Wealth) was a little easier. My main complaint is no fault of the product - I just can't seem to find enough time in my day to explore all the options in iWave!

Recently we have been looking for additional capital donors, and I've utilized the search by campaign type and also the Prospects of Wealth to try to generate some new names in our area.

iWave review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Excellent product, UI and support. "

What do you like best?

I have found iWave's screening services to be extremely useful in qualifying donors - the philanthropic information with active links back to source documents is top notch. While I'm quite proficient in research and profiling, when the information I'm looking at is not completely clear, their support is stellar, responsive, knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations which I feel could be worked on - the data sets are intrinsically distinct, but I do think that cross-linking between certain ones (beyond the 360 PRO, which does a very good job) when attempting to create prospect lists beyond your known donors is still quite time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are other products in the space which we also evaluated, this is meeting our needs as a small nonprofit with limited staff and a small donor base.

~ Need to quickly come up to speed on existing donors, get to know them, create individual giving program

~ Need to quantify best prospects for outreach based on affinity and affluence

We've seen increased fidelity on our current donors as well as outside prospects, which helps guide conversations and activities with donors and ultimately grows relationships with accompanying impacts.

iWave review by Catherine (Alex) T.
Catherine (Alex) T.

"Powerful and customizeable research tool"

What do you like best?

The 360 search is a pretty phenomenal starting spot for any of your prospect researching needs. I love that it gives you the option to search real estate records (no more real property searches!) and to view the original source of most of its data points. This really helps point me in the right direction if I need to dig a little deeper on a potential donor. The ability to include spouse names is also super helpful for partners who do not share the same last name, yet donate and/or hold property together.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the transfer of individual records into PROfiles. A minor thing, but the "select all" check box at the top of a data set doesn't actually actually include ALL the records if they take up multiple pages. So you have to go through each page and import them separately to get them all. We also have a unique issue as a DC-based organization, where many of our research candidates have donation, employment, and real estate records in multiple of the DMV states. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to restrict my searches to these states - it's either all the states, or just one. Finally, the integration with Tessitura's database software is a ways away from actually providing a real functional benefit to its users. However, we've been using iWave since before the integration, so any future improvements would just be a perk on top of the benefits we've already signed up for!

We are mostly doing detailed, individualized research on constituents that have shown promise based on initial interactions with us. We're exploring our potential options for a larger scale screening, but for now, it's a really phenomenal tool for condensing the super time consuming process of prospect research into a quick review of the most important information. The data sets provided are also intelligently designed to provide exactly the types of information we would look for.

iWave review by Kristin V.
Kristin V.

"Great for Identifying Prospect Information in One Place"

What do you like best?

It's extremely helpful that I can search PRO either across all tabs at once (using 360 Search) or going directly to the tab/source and search only that section. The information is accurate most of the time (which I can't say about other resources I've used in the past). I usually start my prospect research here first and confirm it with other, well known sources also. The real estate section is extremely helpful and the giving history can be exported into excel, which is beneficial to slice-and-dice for writing research profiles.

What do you dislike?

It's tough to search prospects who have multiple names. It would be more efficient if I could search more than one alias at a time, i.e. Boolean search logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to make sure it does what you need and you practice searching. It's easy to navigate but it takes practice to fully use it's features.

We are using this to build prospect research profiles, which will ultimately assist fundraisers.

iWave review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"iWave Packs a Powerful Prospect Research Punch!"

What do you like best?

iWave offers a package of very flexible tools to research and prioritize donor prospects. Whether you are a generalist or a prospect research pro, the tools are easy to use and provide you with as much depth as you want. Their new screening tool is a prime example of this! You can dig in, define the parameters, check on individual prospects and refresh, OR click and go. Intuitive and always on top of their game, the folks at iWave listen to their users and pay attention to the trends in philanthropy, technology, and research. Purchasing from iWave is money well spent!

What do you dislike?

Improvements are always a double-edged sword! I love the new data-sets, the screening tools, and ease of manipulation, but keeping up when I'm busy can be tough. Thankfully, if I can't make it to one of their trainings they are willing to walk me through it on the phone!

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave PRO has the advantage of hitting the "sweet spot" in donor research. Most donor research is done at the identification and qualification stage, reserving deep research for those prospects who make it to the solicitation round. iWave PRO excels at identification and qualification, making your work faster and better.

As a multifaceted prospect research consulting firm, we get all kinds of research projects. iWave has pulled away from the pack in helping my team solve problems. We use the tools for researching profiles, prioritizing donors, and prospecting for new donors. When I added iWave tools, I noticed an improvement in the quality and depth of our work, but also the speed.

iWave review by Ben D.
Ben D.

"Very useful tool, with detailed information that you can't find elsewhere"

What do you like best?

- iWave Pro brings a wide range of sources together in one place, which saves a lot of time.

- Much of the information is set out in hyperlinks, making information clickable so you can get more detail if you want. This functionality is very user friendly.

- It's great for finding donations.

What do you dislike?

- It doesn't allow for using the back button on your browser - this functionality would be useful and would feel less clunky than going back using the buttons within the programme

- It would be good if some of the information around the amount of donations from an individual to an institution was made clearer - a separate breakdown of all their donations to an institution by year would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Definitely try it out - it will cut down a lot of time researching and will add extra information that you would struggle to find elsewhere.

- We are saving a lot of time on our research.

- We are finding information on individuals that we wouldn't be able to find anywhere else - this has allowed us to approach individuals with a more tailored approach.

iWave review by Catherine E.
Catherine E.

"A Prospect Researchers Go-To"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to simply type in a name and being able to almost instantly identify an individual. This can be by changing the search parameters to a particular city or sorting by a certain nickname. The donations search function, along with the new real estate function, are life-savers and allow for very quick Giving Capacity calculations.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot going on on the page. It is not very clean-cut looking. Can make you feel very overwhelmed when trying to look for just a small piece of information. The format is also not very intuitive and takes some getting used to in order to navigate to all the available options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a prospect researcher, this product checks all the boxes for a one-stop-shop for all the things you need to get you started on your research.

Being able to identify an individual and then easily asses their wealth and giving capacity greatly benefits my organization. The new real estate estimate function is amazing and saves an incredible amount of time!

iWave review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Perfect for any size staff"

What do you like best?

The ease of using all of the features. You can do individual searches very quickly and the turnaround for a larger screening is also very quick. Staff can easily learn how to use the search tools and accessing saved profiles is easy.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it was easier to integrate the screening information into RE NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used this with a large staff and in a small shop, either way, it meets the needs of the organization. Being able to do quick searches on your own or a full database screening is very easy.

We are using the tool to expand our major donor database and IWave has really opened our eyes to those in our database who need more research and who we should connect with in order to cultivate for a gift.

iWave review by Jo T.
Jo T.

"Fantastic product and support"

What do you like best?

iWave PRO is constantly improving and adding new data sets. The customer support/service cannot be topped. I particularly like, as a geographically-based community foundation, the ability to search for prospects by location.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see a filtering option on results (i.e. filter by state, etc.), in addition to sorting. Also, the PROscreen could use some improvement, but it's really new, so I am confident it will in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take trainings and talk to other users. Word of mouth is the best way to get the best information. Take advantage of the great customer service, too.

Most recently, we were looking at doing an event for Minnesota donors in Florida. The real estate search was invaluable. The only improvement I would ask for is a way to filter (by state or city, for example), in addition to sorting.

iWave review by Alison P.
Alison P.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see info from different sources all at once is so helpful! I can easily aggregate all the necessary data points and easily send them to our fundraisers.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the search function is either way to specific or not specific enough. It takes some work to get the results I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great one-stop shop for all your researching needs!

Being able to upload lists to PRO makes getting summarized documents back to our fundraiser very easy and saves me a ton of time. The graphics are helpful for our less tech-savvy executives.

iWave review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"iWave PRO is easy to use with many straightforward research tools"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature to iWave PRO is that they have saved as pdf all source material not just a link to source material. If I ever questions a result it is easy to look up and verify the result is accurate.

What do you dislike?

The rating system is not quite and simple as I would like it to be. To get a rating you create a profile, add data to the profile then you have to close and open the profile in another area to see the rating. After verifying data or making changes the rating does not immediately reflect the changes made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We place high value on real estate values and gifts to other organizations. iWave PRO does a good job and finding this information for us in an easy to use system.

I am using iWave to find wealth information and build profiles for prospects.

iWave review by Elana C. M.
Elana C. M.

"Can't work without it..."

What do you like best?

iWave is a great resource for the Prospect Research industry. A wealth of data, neatly organized and easy to navigate. I love the ability to use the cache feature from ZoomInfo Web References to get information I would not normally get from searching the web.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the PROscreen. Did not find it to be very helpful, but we also have many other resources we use to screen. If had nothing else, it would probably be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you buy nothing else, invest in this product.

Efficiency. Having all the information in one location cuts down the time it takes to find the information needed for our fundraisers. Also being able to search by APN in CoreLogic is a lifesaver for confirming current ownership and if they own other properties. Great for doing quick ratings as well.

iWave review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"A must-have for prospect research"

What do you like best?

iWave consistently delivers accurate results, with an unparalleled capability to be able to check, verify, and remove inaccurate data to ensure the best possible profile on a prospect.

What do you dislike?

Data can sometimes be difficult to find for lower-level prospects, although there are also less false positives for those prospects as well compared to other research tools.

iWave has been a great solution for us for our donor prospect research team and has helped to better guide our engagement with the prospects we encounter.

iWave review by Wilma M.
Wilma M.

"Intuitive "

What do you like best?

The service is designed to be very intuitive like most vendors that offer similar services; however, that said the layout and format of the information is very user friendly and well displayed unlike some of iWave's competition. I find the information on iWave to be mostly accurate assuming you have identified your specific prospect.

What do you dislike?

When there is little information on a search the tab that has a potential donor should go to the top of the page whether that is under real estate, zoom info, or political giving for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it is my direct go to in order to clear up information from other vendors.

The service provided by iWave assists in the identification and confirmation of constituent assets to better identify and cultivate potential donors.

iWave review by NIcole B.
NIcole B.

"I have been very satisfied with IWave over the last 1 1/2 years. It is very easy to use ."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to move around the platform. I love the different sources offered . I am able to send my batch of Freshmen parents each year with ease.

What do you dislike?

I wish it offered a service for searching for articles, current and past. This would help with many alerts I have set up in other places and would make it easier for me to have all my research needs met in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all IWave has to offer and utilize support help if needed.

I was able to use the Foundation/Grant search for a project we were working on. This is not something I typically would research but IWave assisted me with this.

"Love iWave"

What do you like best?

iWave Pro has been very helpful to our office. I personally don't have the same job functions, so I don't use it as much as I used to, but others do. We would use it to find information on real estate, donations, etc. Others use the wealth screening with great results.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Pro have some of the same things LexisNexis has like current mailing address information, relatives, etc. If a full date of birth could also exist that would be great as well since Lexis only gives you the month and year, and isn't always accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave Pro is an amazing way to get answers to lots of questions you will have as a Prospect Research Department or from the Data Information standpoint.

Looking for real estate sales on second homes, so we know they no longer are going back and forth to that home. Wealth screening results, etc.

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"A+ to iwave's Prospect Research Website "

What do you like best?

iwave is continually coming up with new ideas/updateds to add to their website. The screening process and postal code searches for property assessment have been the best additions. I have used both and the screening has provided me with lots of new prospects in our database that I didn't know we had. As well, the U.S. real estate has helped me both find new prospects and update the addresses of a few lost ones.

The property assessment allows me to get a better idea of a prospect's net worth when doing profiles. And of course, ZoomInfo and donations are used daily. Excellent for fundraisers and in particular, prospect researchers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in Zoominfo, there is old info saved that used to be on their website so you have to watch the dates to see that you have current info and its hard to find recent donations.

Finding new prospects that have the potential to make major gifts to our organization.

Allows me to create profiles from all the different info provided.

There seems to be more American content in certain sections.

iWave review by Anissa H.
Anissa H.

"IWave: Great prospecting product"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to integrate information from multiple sources into one report.

What do you dislike?

I would like more ability to customize the report--to change the order of the notes or inject a note at the beginning or end of Real Estate reports or Dun & Bradstreet findings, etc. My senior officers could benefit from my relevant notes about how to best use this information since formal prospecting is new to our department.

I would also like the ability to ask questions in real time with a pop up support person. I sometimes have a quick HOW TO question but not time to find a video or source. If I could be quickly directed as a newer user, that would better use my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great start-up software as it effectively assimilates multiple data sources into a user-friendly report. It is fairly intuitive to operate and that is helpful for a start-up program or someone who does not want to spend time learning technical things unrelated to the prospecting etc. In the scheme of products, iWave is a good value for the price!

I am currently creating a formal prospecting process for our Advancement department. I have learned a lot and am integrating these processes into the office flow. There are data outside iWave--like from social media like Facebook and LinkedIn that I often integrate into my iWave report through the NOTES. There is not much flexibility in designing the reports etc. and it would be wonderful if there were social media data included in the iWave report. That info may not be accessible. though. I have yet to see monetary benefits from the profiling I am doing, but I anticipate finding and qualifying new donors for our team.

iWave review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"First and Best Tool for Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

I love the control I have on profiling an entire group of prospects. The import is very easy and then I decide which information is correct or what needs to go a little deeper, which is no problem with the, "Add to Profile," feature. I then add comments of personal details to give a complete view of the prospect relationship, instead of the often incorrect or only half-the-picture perspective that you receive when an outside research company does the job for you. After you've spent all that money for the research, you still need to go through and confirm the personal details that really make a prospect profile complete.

What do you dislike?

When searching in an imported group of "Profiles", the results sometimes bounce between a couple of results where I'll hit the wrong profile and then have to start over again. Otherwise, great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave Pro is the first place I go for prospect research. I complement with LexisNexis to confirm things like addresses or dig a little deeper on a possible business, but I always end with iWave to dive in and gather the important details of what shapes the prospect and tells me about who I'm looking at.

We're solving the lack of control you have at looking at the most current view of prospects. iWave Pro gives us all the control.

iWave review by Laura A.
Laura A.

"My Go-To Prospect Research Resource"

What do you like best?

The 360 search is efficient and comprehensive; it saves our Research team a lot of time. iWave uses reliable data sources in a user-friendly interface. We get excellent results in our searches. I also like that we can customize our searches using different data sets for different purposes.

My favourite thing about iWave is that they're always innovating and improving, adding new sources and new ways to integrate your organization's data with their sources. Their customer service and training are excellent and you can tell their staff have a background in non-profit and advancement research.

What do you dislike?

As you can probably tell, there isn't much I dislike about iWave PRO -- it's the first resource I go to when I'm doing prospect research.

I have had a few issues with searches returning different results depending on which jurisdiction is selected. I find I get better results when I don't input a province/state then when I select "All States/Provinces." Not sure if this is a bug or more of a quirk.

We use PRO for prospect research, both in identifying prospects with capacity and affinity and in researching new and current donors to look for career information, capacity, philanthropy, and affinity. We've recently begun using PROscreen to review larger numbers of donors for capacity and affinity. With PRO, we are able to identify major gift prospects early on in the fundraising cycle and ensure they receive communications and touchpoints that are targeted to this group.

iWave review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Invaluable resource for prospect research"

What do you like best?

The best thing about PRO is that it is constantly being developed and new data sets are added free of charge. The ZoomInfo data set is extremely useful for finding contact details for individual prospects and saves a lot of time trawling websites for this information.

The Real Estate data set is very detailed, and the finance details given provide insight into the equity the prospect has in their real estate.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike about PRO. If anything, the data set is quite limited to the US and more Canadian data sets would be welcome, and even better if some UK data sets were included, particularly donations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend PRO highly enough. it is the one prospect research resource that I pay for that I don't consider cancelling to save expenditure when setting my budget.

PRO gives me all the information I need in one place when researching prospects in the US and Canada. It is also extremely useful for prospects elsewhere in the world through the ZoomInfo feature.

iWave review by User in Museums and Institutions
User in Museums and Institutions

"Useful if you already know who you want to look into"

What do you like best?

Interface is generally intuitive, assembling a basic profile is quick and easy, and the ability to save previously-compiled profiles is useful in avoiding doing redundant work.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the interface are confusing, with some sets of results about the same prospect conflicting depending on where in the program you look. Some of the data is inaccurate (for example, volunteers were listed in our Annual Report and picked up by iWave as donors when they were not). This was corrected very quickly after I called and reported the discrepancy, but I only knew it was inaccurate because the listing was for the organization I work for. I would not have caught it otherwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the designated users for iWave are not trained prospect researchers, I would not recommend iWavePRO as a tool for scouting out new prospects. You can't easily input a set of criteria and get a list of potential prospects. It works best once a prospect is already identified and you want to know more about them.

We are getting quick and helpful glimpses at prospects ahead of going into meetings with them, and knowing some general information about their giving habits helps our fundraising staff to refine their strategies and shapes what they ultimately end up asking for.

iWave review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"An excellent tool for any research shop"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily search across all the databases via 360 Search is a fantastic feature. A quick 360 search can give me the information I need to decide if I should continue to dig deeper or not with a prospect saving me from wasting valuable time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to get back to the larger 360 results when you start digging into some of the hits. For example, if you click on the company information from Zoom then decide to click on a link in that record you may have gone to far to easily go back to the main results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an ideal product for organizations with small budgets. PRO provides almost all of the information you need all in one package.

I use the product to qualify prospects for fundraising goals.

iWave review by Administrator

"IWave PRO is a great research tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the user-friendly interface, and the many databases that are available. I also appreciate that iWave is constantly improving its offerings and usability. For example, I love the PROScreen feature and like the new look and feel of the main screen. Most importantly, I like working with Robert MacKinnon (my sales rep) and the iWave support team. Everyone is knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The profiles (when I download them into MS Word) are formatted with different fonts and different font sizes, and can be hard to read. I have to re-format them so that they are easy to read and share with colleagues. I would appreciate it if iWave could improve the look of the profiles in the Word format.

iWave PRO has enabled me to quickly provide accurate data on our constituents. It has also uncovered prospects for us to cultivate.

iWave review by Christopher N.
Christopher N.

"A very strong recommendation"

What do you like best?

The intuitive nature of iwave is, perhaps, the best feature. Think it, click it. see it! PLUS it is so much more affordable than some of the other options I have used in my many years of prospect and donor research.

A great value!

What do you dislike?

I have not yet used it, but I believe the only drawback has been solved: the ability to "wash" my entire list against the iWave data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used a number of products for the research function and I would STRONGLY recommend that iWave be among the research tools for every advancement office.

We had absolutely no research tools aside from Google or the do it yourself the old fashioned way research. Being a one-person shop, that just was not a tenable situation. iWave has given us the ability to add a research function at a very low cost-high return ratio!

iWave review by User

"iWave PRo is the the go-to resource"

What do you like best?

iWave PRO is comprehensive and easy to use. I always start my on-line research with PRO, since that sets the tone for the rest of my research.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I dislike about iWave PRO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave PRO is a great and comprehensive product, and a good value. If I could only have one on-line prospect research subscription, it would be iWave PRO.

iWave allows us to review more prospects more quickly and accurately. I'm able to individually review more prospects on a regular basis, which helps us to get more in-depth info on recent donors and other prospect lists.

iWave review by D'Artagnan M.
D'Artagnan M.

"Wealth of information"

What do you like best?

360 search shows all relevant results in one tab rather than tabbing through all of the different data sets.

What do you dislike?

only drawback would be cost but this is such a minor drawback given what you get for your investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

never hurts to ask for a free demo or trial period. Hard to justify not purchasing the product after having the opportunity to actually use it.

In higher education it's always useful to understand where your prospects are giving philanthropically. With iWave's NOZA database we can easily identify areas of funding support that may match a current project that we are funding for.

iWave review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"iWave is a great product and worth the investment"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and gives you most of the information you are looking for when researching a company or individual.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit tricky with names. You need to know a little bit about the person to authenticate. Sometimes gives you too many names that don't seem to be related.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great all around software package for researching donors, this is the best one that I have used. They offer web training and webinars that will help you know more about their features. It is a great investment and it makes my job a lot easier.

We do research on our donors and need to provide information to the gift officers all the way to the chancellor. They like to know more about them and the affinity to give.

iWave review by Bridget P.
Bridget P.

"iWave is an excellent tool - user friendly and very comprehensive. It is vital in our small shop. "

What do you like best?

It is an extremely efficient way to perform very board sweeping research so I can spend more time on validation and report delivery as well as on my duties related to donor management and data analytics.

What do you dislike?

Some of the interior subscriptions are not the full product so it is necessary to hold additional individual subscriptions and run those simultaneously.

Using iWave save so much time! The research time I save allows me to spend that time helping my organization think more strategically and continue to expand the way we think about and use the data we have.

iWave review by User

"iwave gives me the perfect combination of speed and accuracy when it comes to prospect research"

What do you like best?

the ability to use my own judgment to select which data points match the person I'm researching and should be included in the profile

What do you dislike?

occasionally i can find data in other places that doesn't make it to iwave re: philanthropic giving and business and foundation affiliations

we are using it to qualify prospects for major philanthropic gifts. iwave gives us an idea of capacity and affinity and whether we should press further to cultivate them. it has also been a valuable tool for mapping relationships and seeing who from our network might know the prospect.

iWave review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Excellent Place to Begin Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

iWave is excellent at bringing together multiple aspects of prospect research into one, easy-to-use spot. The tool is efficient and well-organized. In addition, they provide some data on Canadian donors which comes in really handy sometimes. It is constantly improving.

What do you dislike?

Although I am very satisfied with the tool, I think one area of improvement might be the ability to print information without having to export it to Excel. It's a small inconvenience sometimes but it would save a step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool if you can only have one tool. It combines multiple products into one source.

iWave saves a lot of time by giving us a solid start point for research. It is my go-to tool when limited on time because I can rely on it to provide me with useful results.

iWave review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"iWave PRO Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can access a wide variety of information in one place. Obviously, it saves me hours of research that I would otherwise have to do by simply searching the World Wide Web.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that my searches have to be SO specific. Many times, when I search, the program pulls up nothing. It needs me to have every single facet of a search correct to pull up ANY data most of the time. It gets frustrating to constantly turn up searches that show nothing, when I know I can access the information other places (meaning it is out there).

It sometimes gives me quick access to information when I am in a hurry without having to go on a long, drawn out, wild goose chase.

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"Great all around tool for research"

What do you like best?

Interface is really easy to use. They are always updating and refreshing data points. I like how easy it is to conduct searches and identify that you are looking at the person/business you seek.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few hiccups with items displaying correctly. Customer service has been very responsive and always resolves any issues quickly. They are great to work with and aim to keep their customers happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are at all wondering about the interface, set up a free trial to test it out. You will not be disappointed, it is fantastic!

This has allowed me to create hundreds of profiles and set alerts. I get email notifications so that I am aware when things change and need updating. Makes my job a lot easier with the alerts.

iWave review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"iWave PRO has been Extremely Beneficial"

What do you like best?

I like being able to create my own profiles and pull into the profile only the data that I know is associated with the person I am researching. It is a very handy tool for compiling information. The automatic pdf export helps me keep my research materials close for easy reference.

What do you dislike?

I wish the information were even more current. It often is nearly two years behind today's date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used WealthEngine and ResearchPoint and have found this product to be much more straightforward and the customer service much more accessible. Billing and questions are answered clearly and quickly.

I am more quickly able to gather information from a variety of resources that I previously had to scan the Internet to find.

iWave review by User

"powerful datasets, best-in-class interface"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and powerful search function make this a great tool

What do you dislike?

Real estate values are more opaque than I would prefer

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is a good tool for any prospect development team. I recommend it to any organization, whether they have budget for one or a dozen tools.

iWave connects our donor and prospect names to the insights we need on wealth and interest. It does so with much more powerful logic than other tools, saving us time and finding information we might otherwise miss.

iWave review by Madeline G.
Madeline G.

"So valuable!"

What do you like best?

iWave makes it easy to look up donors, foundations and businesses. I can see donor's giving histories, verify their home address, and more!

Looking up foundations is quick and easy. All of their granting history is organized to quickly browse.

What do you dislike?

The system logs you off after 2.5 hours of inactivity. It would be ideal to have this editable in your user settings.

We can quickly and easily look up donor information. This is especially helpful for checking addresses and creating donor profiles.

"Superb Customer Service"

What do you like best?

iWave provides a top notch product that they continue to improve, but that's not all. If you have a question, a concern, or a suggestion - they are always available to listen and assist. We use this product on a daily basis, and we are very happy with the information that it provides.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative comments to make about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially useful for Canadian prospect researchers.

iWave is very helpful for donor prospect research - for both Canadian and U.S. donors.

iWave review by Hanna P.
Hanna P.

"Research Coordinator and Manager of Data Analytics- we use iWave daily for our prospect research. "

What do you like best?

I really love iWave's organization of the material, and the accuracy of the data it provides. I am also a huge fan of their customer service and informational webinars.

What do you dislike?

Redundant information is unavoidable, but it can sometimes get in the way of finding new information. (Duplicates)

From a researcher's perspective, we find amazing new prospects based on what iWave provides. In addition, iWave opens up new windows of information on our current patrons, helping us get to know them even better.

iWave review by John C.
John C.

"Prospecting Simplified Through iWave PRO"

What do you like best?

iWave gives us one interface that pulls from various databases, pooling the information into profiles - very valuable to our prospecting process. Also, their support team is great!

What do you dislike?

Since the information combed by iWave is publicly available, some information may be dated, but their software does display information they have about the age of various data.

We use this software to evaluate new and existing donor prospects, and to inform our management team with background prior to some meetings

iWave review by Meredith S.
Meredith S.

"A go to prospecting tool "

What do you like best?

iWave 360 search has it all! The interface is incredibly user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The SEC Filings section of the 360 Search results can be difficult to interpret and I often find myself having to go back to the original SEC forms to tease out how many shares an individual I am researching owns.

Identifying new prospects for our front line fundraisers to cultivate and helping our gift officers develop solicitation strategies for prospects already in their portfolios.

iWave review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"New to iWave"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of great information available. Sometimes you have to keep "asking" for different information to get all that you need.

What do you dislike?

I would not say "dislike" I would say you need to take time to learn the ropes. There are many different ways to access people - for example - people go by more then one name - first or last - do not ignore all the possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around - I think this program showed us that they provide easier computer use for the person who is doing the research on individuals/families and companies.

There is a lot of data that can be complied - or you can just skim the surface if that is what you need to do.

Information that pertains to legacy gift capabilities as well as grants available to non-profits. It has been very helpful in both these areas.

We have been able to really see what a grants are out there and where/if we might fit into the mix.

iWave review by Amber C.
Amber C.

"Great Resource for a Great Value"

What do you like best?

I love that PRO iWave provides access to so many databases and data points through this one product/subscription. We are able to use the product on a daily basis to help get quick, accurate information to share within our research profiles and with our fundraisers.

What do you dislike?

I need to learn more about the PRO Screen and what it could provide.

Validating real estate ownership, philanthropic and political giving, business information, etc. in one stop.

iWave review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"Great go-to resource for donor prospect research"

What do you like best?

ease of use, multiple views, profile analytics

What do you dislike?

nothing; iWave continues to grow Canadian-relevant content, which is good, but more is always better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - great research tool.

identify new prospects, critical to successful campaigns and donor engagement

iWave review by Christine L.
Christine L.

"iWave PRO is the first place I go when researching a new fundraising prospect"

What do you like best?

Being able to see what causes a donor has given to before, along with being able to cross-reference their professional and social involvement helps give me a clear picture of the donor's interests and likelihood of giving.

What do you dislike?

There is currently nothing I dislike about the site...just wish I had more hours in the day to access it.

Finding new sponsors/donors for my nonprofit. Have used iWave PRO to connect to new sponsors.

iWave review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good Value"

What do you like best?

Appreciate the ever improving cache of data sources, customer service is top notch, product continues to evolve.

What do you dislike?

Would like to improve report design for use with gift officers - with respect to giving to other charities

Though the record summary is pretty good for an overview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the industry leaders and see for yourself the difference in quality information iWave provides.

Researching donors and potential donors for their giving passions. Uncovering some previously unknown connections

iWave review by Sonja M.
Sonja M.

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

That you can order columns in a customization way

What do you dislike?

Too much American information, needs more Canadian info

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Canadian information is harder to be public

Knowing what other giving is happening in Toronto/Ontario, giving trends

iWave review by Marissa T.
Marissa T.

"iWave rocks!"

What do you like best?

I love the profile and my ability to add the information I need to it from the screening results.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. I find the system very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely do a demo. For small shops this is a great comprehensive source that is easy to use and can then produce a document to share with your team.

iWave has helped us fill in some research gaps. I love the comprehensiveness of it and the ease of use. The ability to search by school and get alerts from some of the data sources is very helpful.

iWave review by Paula K.
Paula K.

"Good Starting Place"

What do you like best?

Information easily laid out so that I can find what I need.

What do you dislike?

Not always accurate information. Requires me to do additional research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good but not all info is reliable.

Prospect research; giving history information.

iWave review by User in Research
User in Research

"great product for screening prospects"

What do you like best?

having this product allows us to carry out more in depth prospect research on our potential donors. it also allows us to accurately assess their income and wealth levels and to also identify any areas of previous philanthropy.

What do you dislike?

the product only works for US and Canada prospects in its entirely however the zoom info tool is still useful for tracking prospects outside of these countries.

using PRO has allowed us to identify prospects, locate them geographically and has allowed us to assess their wealth and income levels. many of our other research tools do not have the functions that this product offers.

iWave review by User

"Very user friendly and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Format and layout of interface is both intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Have to re-click things frequently when updating profiles or records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare with others and ask for demos. Mark Burgoyne, was helpful, patient, and not overly pushy when it came to the sales cycle (about 4 months at my request). Other reps were distracted, unexperienced, not listening to customer requests and signals.

Prospect Research and portfolio building

iWave review by Collin T. K.
Collin T. K.

"I am the main prospect researcher at my organization."

What do you like best?

I like that all of the information shows up on the 360 Search so I can see comprehensive donor info at a glance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the verification process is often tedious when it comes to individuals specifically.

I have been able to assess the capacity of donors in our network in ways they have not been assessed before.

iWave review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Great product for start up non-profits"

What do you like best?

One stop searching makes prospect research a snap

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about iWave Pro. It's simple interface makes donor research quick and easy.

We started with no donor base at all and iWave has allowed us to create one from scratch as well as helping us target research better when board members identify prospects.

iWave review by Thomas T.
Thomas T.

"Happy User, Great Product"

What do you like best?

Accessibility to giving history data. iWave has the most easily accessible foundation giving and personal giving data around.

What do you dislike?

No link over to FEC data images. It's hard to find addresses and other specifics from FEC images using iWave.

We are using iWave to provide a comprehensive picture of potential donors to our frontline fundraisers.

iWave review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"IWave has really inhanced my ability to find acurate and up to date information on my prospects. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can find the information that I need all in one place. Researching is very time consuming and IWave helps me to manage my time with their information being accessible in one location.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I do dislike is that there is not an easier way to search through employee names for companies. I wish they had a ABC type selection where you could go straight to the particular alphabet you are looking for instead of going through sometimes hundreds of pages of employees name.

Finding information quickly

iWave review by Alexandrya B.
Alexandrya B.

"iWave Review"

What do you like best?

I like the 360 search of a person or place that divides the search into sections. It makes it easy to look at a person.

What do you dislike?

After looking a multiple people or places you cannot just close one of the tabs open you have to close them all or none.

I use this for prospect research. When looking at where a person lives and works is helpful background information. It is also helpful to determine some sense of wealth by looking at the value of the house or other property or donations.

iWave review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"An absolute must in a research office"

What do you like best?

Accurate, in-depth information; great layout; wide range of information in one spot

What do you dislike?

Potentially a better filter when donors with the same name come up in a research

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a huge money saver because so much information is found within this software. If you are a small shop, consider using the screening service that you would have to pay an additional vendor.

The real estate data is phenomenal. It shows all past transactions on a separate tab if you are doing in-depth financial research.

ZoomInfo provides business-related info such as position, but most importantly phone and email.

It is great to have SEC information available within this software as well.

Campaign donations are listed and can be segmented by party, state etc.

Prospect and donor research

iWave review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Efficient and effective searching"

What do you like best?

I value the ability to quickly pull details on individuals and organizations as well as link to the source details

What do you dislike?

The limited ability to sort results generated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on my experience with other systems, I would recommend iWave for the ability to review information in an efficient manner.

The ability to research individuals potential capacity and giving history

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"iWave is intuitive and affordable."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the transparency of the product. You have a clear understanding of where the data comes from and how ratings are composed.

What do you dislike?

While I like the concept of the "free and clear" portion of the property report, I doubt it's accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost of iWave and its performance warrants an in-depth look.

My organization is always seeking to identify new prospects. Perhaps the foremost benefit if being able to cross-reference information from other databases and research tools with the information provided by iWave.

iWave review by User

"iWave: my Go-To site in researching"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is phenomenal. I like that so many facets of a prospect is available with so little searching most of the time. It is a real time-saver to use this product while doing mass projects, on the fly researching, etc.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike about the site off of the top of my head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this product! Even testing it will show you exactly what you're missing from the current products that you're using.

Researching prospects, identifying wealth, determining employment, locating multiple properties under one owner, etc.

"A huge timesaver"

What do you like best?

iWave is great because it's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Could always use more data on donor gifts.

It's easy to use, it saves me a lot of time when researching donors and prospects, it helps me find information that I might not otherwise access, and it helps me come up with new strategies for cultivating our caseload.

iWave review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"It has been very helpful for finding a company's revenue but not so much for an individual's revenue"

What do you like best?

Assembling profiles and getting good info

What do you dislike?

It doesn't provide much more than company revenue and some philanthropy. I wish there was more insight into each donor.

We are doing a Capital Campaign and it has been some help in figuring out a donor's capacity.

iWave review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"iWave PRO for prospect research - a must have!"

What do you like best?

Being able to do research with Canadian as well as US resources.

The new additions: D&B, RelSci, Thomson Reuters.

Excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Limited results and no export from RelSci.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is one of my "must have" tools for prospect research!

Researching individuals, corporations and foundations in regards to their capacity and affinity to charitable organizations.

User in Education Management

"Data Searches via iWave PRO"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease with which profiles can be created, categorized, and imported seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike what is common with all data search systems: the fact that some constituents make finding certain information nearly impossible. This system does as well as any that I've used though.

I am able to prioritize which donors to reach out to in what order. Prior to using iWave PRO it was like shooting in the dark when it came to new constituents.

iWave review by Terry B.
Terry B.

"Amazingly helpful site for completing prospect research"

What do you like best?

Love the fact that this site has the 360 search function - so I can look in one place for information, rather than going to each site. Complete, concise, and informative which really helps my prospecting.

What do you dislike?

nothing - this is so much better than the system I used to use !

This helps me find the funders I need to know about - who they are, what they are interested in, and how much they give.

"iWave PRO review"

What do you like best?

iWave PRO is self-explanatory and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The previous product I used gave me the age (or age range) off of the household profile and I haven't been able to locate that in iWave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is easy to use and a great tool to have for Prospect Research!

This product helps us to identify potential prospects by giving us wealth insights. I have also used this product to assist with address verification during database reviews.

iWave review by Suzanne R.
Suzanne R.

"Highly recommend PRO/iWave"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, availability of Canadian data, excellent donor data and news through ZooomInfo.I frequently utilize PROScreen and PROfile for identifying and profiling prospects. The organizations I've worked for were early adopters and continued clients of PRO. Their customer service is excellent, very responsive.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a bit more intuitive with name matching, and household matches (spouses).

Identification and qualification of prospects. Understanding our prospects' philanthropic behavior has been the greatest benefit.

iWave review by User in Museums and Institutions
User in Museums and Institutions

"Solid research tool, great company"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clear and easy to use once you have basic training on it. Training was offered in a concise manner and overall the staff and customer service at iWave is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish it incorporated a bit more donation information by culling from newsletters and program books in addition to annual reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a do it all research tool, but if you can only have one I recommend it.

I am using iWave to research current donors and new prospects to increase contributed revenue. We have discovered useful real estate information and foundation connections using this tool, which has allowed us to better determine ask amounts.

iWave review by Linlin Chen R.
Linlin Chen R.

"A useful tool for development professionals"

What do you like best?

The 360 research that captures various aspects of the person I research.

What do you dislike?

"Prospects of Wealth"

It is not very clear why a person is scored high.

Finding out useful information, including contact and wealth information.

iWave review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"I love iWave Pro - it's my favorite resource"

What do you like best?

I love how comprehensive it is, as well as accurate real estate info. And also, Prospects of Wealth!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing - and I'm not just saying that!

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave has everything you need to comprehensively research prospects.

We are finding great prospects for our fundraisers to visit.

User in Education Management

"Director of Donor Research "

What do you like best?

I have been using this product for years and it has improved greatly every year. I like being able to see what the ratings are based upon - hard assets - and being able to search multiple databases simultaneously with the 350search feature. The tutorials are helpful and support staff very responsive and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Wish it could include foreign prospects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A solid resource, especially for smaller shops. One-stop shopping!

iWave gives us confidence in assessing a prospects net worth and works with us as a partner in our fundraising plan by helping us find the best prospects to support the best project at the right time.

"Iwave Review"

What do you like best?

Customer service is great!

It is so easy to verify and update the results.

The notes section is very handy.

What do you dislike?

If needing to additional research on an open profile you need to open another link to do the research. It is not a big deal, just an extra step.

It would be nice if the profile would print/email without it having to be downloaded as a PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should be in your toolbox!

Realizing who our next wave of donors may be.

iWave review by Emily D.
Emily D.

"used for prospect research"

What do you like best?

I find the interface to be very intuitive and the information to be correct

What do you dislike?

I would love there to be more philanthropic giving information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product for a reasonable price

Wave is a great resource for one off research request and we have just started to utilize the ProScreen feature. Future use will help us determine if we can cease subscription to other services and just use iWave

iWave review by Felisa J.
Felisa J.

"Great for small shops."

What do you like best?

I use this database daily for my research needs.

What do you dislike?

I miss the way we used to be able to search by names.

Bio info and giving info

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"Great...gives me the information I need to find and validate prospects for major gifts."

What do you like best?

How it puts together a profile. Also looks at top indicators of wealth like real estate ownership, business affiliations, and stock holdings in public companies. Gives me an accurate estimate of a potential donor's wealth.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I have been using for quite some time and see only long term improvements.

Looking for major gift donors. Finding the right donor for our purposes.

iWave review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Great for one runs--especially past donation history!"

What do you like best?

iWave's donation history and links to Annual Reports for authentication. Also being able to access information for Canadian donors!

What do you dislike?

Hopefully they will have easy to export and import ratings to alleviate the need for any other screening systems.

We are a healthcare foundation-iwave has found donations a donor has given to a specific health related cause-in the 6 figures-that we hadn't found elsewhere!

"iWave Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the comprehensive data. I also like the screening service!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I really love iWave and have recommended it to others many times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give iWave a test! Easy to use, reliable data, great service from the pros at iWave!

Identifying prospects and quickly resolving research requests. We have been able to more quickly identify top level prospects and get those names to our gift officers much sooner than we previously could.

iWave review by Ellie H.
Ellie H.

"iWave gives good insight."

What do you like best?

I like how iWave packages all the information in an easy to use software system.

What do you dislike?

iWave could use a more user friendly side bar.

Finding out how much people can give or what they have given to other nonprofits.

iWave review by Administrator

"A few months with iWave"

What do you like best?

User interface. No fumbling through a bunch of menus to put together a profile

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to export multiple profiles easily. I don't think it's conducive that you need to go into every profile to get an export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a sample file of an export.

Fundraising. Knowledge is key, levering that knowledge is powerful

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"Best option at the moment"

What do you like best?

The most comprehensive instant database of prospect related data in the US. Also covers Canada and international prospects. Also has ready made lists of potential prospects via the Alumni function.

What do you dislike?

My wish list would include better information on US residential addresses and related contact details.

Expanding the North American prospect pool. Finding some international prospects too.

User in Education Management

"IWavePro for nonprofit use"

What do you like best?

Saving a profile and downloading as a PDF is very easy and convenient to use. The PRO score is useful for determining how likely and the amount a prospect could give to your organization.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to differentiate when there are several hundred people with the same name!

We had no software for research before.

iWave review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions
Administrator in Museums and Institutions

"All in One Place"

What do you like best?

The search is all encompassing and provides a full picture of the prospect.

What do you dislike?

Wish some of the data was more recent, especially charitable giving data.

Realizing we have some wonderful prospective donors already involved here!

iWave review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product all around"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive and the option to check in on US data, if necessary. Customer service is great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Sometimes I find the giving hard does not include everything but then another product I use (Noza) sometimes doesn't include giving that iWave does!

Has come in handy when needing to look deeper into US data.

iWave review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"IWave Pro is a highly crediable source that is super user friendly "

What do you like best?

iWave Pro is a great Prospect Research Tool as it is user friendly and provides high quality data.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data is duplicated. As with any product the data can scrape incorrect values.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product for Entry Level Prospect Research shops with limited budget. Good value for money.

Prospect Research, Prospect Identification, Data Validation

"good product"

What do you like best?

user interface, readability, intuitive, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything that is unique to this product. but in all the research software we've used, there is a real weakness in charitable giving records. Usually only up to a couple of years prior.

We don't have business problems. The product helps us estimate donor wealth.

iWave review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"iwave for donor research"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate, and we have found that it has characteristics some of their competitors don't have. We have utilized it more than similar software.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I can think of that is a negative.

It's not so much problems we are solving. More accurately, iWave is helping our donor and prospect research efforts. This is particularly important as we place greater emphasis on major gifts.