iWave

iWave is a fundraising research platform that nonprofits use to identify and get to know wealthy/philanthropic prospects and donors.

Work for iWave?

Learning about iWave?

iWave Reviews

Ask iWave a Question
Showing 135 iWave reviews
iWave review by Dave A.
Dave A.

"All-in-one wealth prospecting and research platform"

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. In addition, the support staff always responds very quickly, and they offer regular user training whenever we add a new employee. I very much like that I can do Foundation prospecting alongside individual research, and the bulk data upload is an incredible value with a quick turnaround time.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about this product, after two years as a user I can say the only limitation is one shared by every other prospect research platform: some entities and individuals are adept at shielding information about their assets and giving history. This is to be expected and is just one of the challenges you encounter in the field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I utilized product demos for a number of other wealth prospecting software, and found iWave to be the most accessible and best value for our needs.

iWave allows us to easily build wealth profiles of our ticket buyers and donor prospects; In addition, the platform integrates comprehensive data on foundation giving and corporate contacts, making it an invaluable tool when preparing grant applications, opportunity research, and corporate proposals. One of the best features of iWave is the ability to research prospects without using your purchased credits. This allows us to quickly look up as many people as we want without worrying about running out of credits. We use our purchased credits in the Bulk Upload feature, which offers a great way to receive profiles on thousands of ticketbuyers from our database, and the turnaround time is only 36 hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iWave
iWave review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"My starting place for every research project"

What do you like best?

The most helpful feature to iWave PRO is the consolidation of multiple sources under one location. Getting a capacity (wealth) rating from the information you find is incredibly valuable. With 360 Search, I can take a first name and address and in most cases find career, home value and philanthropic inclinations all at once. When I am searching out new territories for gift officers, I want to know that the prospects I submit present have the capacity we need to make the a viable. I get that confidence when I search in iWave PRO.

What do you dislike?

I struggled most with the learning curve to ensure that I was gathering the correct and complete information on a prospect. The training sessions helped give some creative search ideas. Ultimately, iWave PRO can be a blunt instrument as it does not give any confidence ratings to the results, It simply returns them en masse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is a comprehensive tool that is easy to navigate and provides an abundance of information for you to consume. Take the time to use the demo credits and discover the potential sitting in your database.

I am a one person researching unit. I support five fundraisers with my efforts. Time savings is an obvious benefit to my organization. We have also increased our ask amounts in proposals because we have a more complete picture of our donors and their willingness and ability to give. Nothing can replace an in person visit, but the information I can gather helps secure that first visit more consistently and confidently.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

iWave review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"iWave is my right hand."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the 360 search - I can get loads of info very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a tab for advanced search criteria so I could specify last name for a search. Sometimes there's a last name that pulls up loads of first names (i.e. searching Scott Russell brings me Russell Scott too, or if I want to search only by last name so I can find spousal or trust-owned property, it's nearly impossible in a case like this).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really did my due diligence in researching options - iWave was highly recommended by others. I've used other tools, and switched back to iWave.

Narrowing our focus very quickly - helping us know which of our donors have the capacity to do more. We've been able to put our resources where they're more likely to yield results.

iWave review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"iWave as an Information Source"

What do you like best?

I like the 360-degree view of a prospect, which includes a lot of information on one screen. From there, I can dig into the data using other tabs, to get the insight I need.

What do you dislike?

I often fin the philanthropic information is incomplete, which requires I use other sources to paint a more complete picture of a prospect's philanthropic activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend iWave because it is a "one stop shop" for information on prospects. It is able to provide a 360-degree view as well as focused information (e.g., real estate, philanthropy, relationships). Another cool thing is that for some of the data points there are links to source documents, which is very helpful.

We are able to determine which prospects to invest time in order to cultivate gifts to our university. We're working more efficiently and achieving better ROI.

iWave review by Aimee F.
Aimee F.

"iWave PRO essential is my favorite research tool!"

What do you like best?

The 360 degree search is a one stop, quick search for a prospect. With just one search you are delivered a dashboard with information from ZoomInfo, Dun&Bradstreet, Donations, Political Contributions, TrackWealth, Real Estate, Foundations/Charities. We find that the information is very reliable and accurate. You can drill down into the .pdfs of annual reports, or 990s of foundations. You can click and get more details on property ownership. You can also export the data you find.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be more/better information on stock holdings. - seeing more of the SEC documents in the same dashboard would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my go-to research tool, if you can only have one this is the product i'd recommend for sure!

We are able to prepare profiles on our prospects using the data that we verify from iWave.

iWave review by Lorraine  G.
Lorraine G.

"Great alternative to Wealth Engine"

What do you like best?

I like the rel-sci tab -- seeing how people relate to one another helps us better strategize on how to approach a potential new donor. The ratings give us an idea of not only someone's capacity but also the probability that they will donate to us.

What do you dislike?

I would like the contact information to be easier to find, when available. I also find the interface with Salesforce to be not as robust as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend some time using both Wealth Engine and iWave before making a decision.

In the past, we have done sizable mailings to the parents of our program participants with little to no ROI. This year, we targeted only those parents that had capacity with the hard mailing and sent everyone else an e-blast. The campaign was more effective.

iWave review by User

"If you can only afford one paid research tool, make it this one."

What do you like best?

I like the ease and handiness of 360search; I also find the quality of the real estate search results to be quite good and useful. It's also one of the more helpful research tools out there for those of us doing international prospect research, as the ZoomInfo module grabs info on people from all over the world.

What do you dislike?

I don't find the Relationship Science module as useful as actually using RelSci. Since my office subscribes to RelSci, I just use that instead when I'm looking for that sort of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used iWave at a large research shop where it's one of many available tools, as well as at a small shop where we had a limited budget and I was the sole researcher. I've found it an extremely useful product over the years and I do not hesitate to recommend it to others.

I'm a prospect researcher, and I have been primarily researching prospects in the Asia-Pacific region over the last two years. iWave's ZoomInfo module frequently helps me verify employment histories and board memberships for those people.

iWave review by Kay T.
Kay T.

"Learned to love it"

What do you like best?

I like the breadth of information it offers, for instance stock holdings, donations, real estate, political giving, foundations, company profiles, and they offer a database screening service, as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to check off each donor on each page. I want to be able to choose the whole page - or even better the whole list of gifts on all the pages. I can then sort them myself. I would also like to search for the husband and wife at the same time - and not have to do a search for each on separately.

I didn't buy iWave to solve any problems. In fact, I wasn't in favor of buying yet another database as I already was buying several others. But my business partner at the time talked me in to it and I'm glad she did. It is now my favorite wealth advisory database.

iWave review by User

"Great- Easy to use and personalize"

What do you like best?

I like that you can perform both automatic screenings in iWave and manual searches of different databases. It is very useful for gathering data about specific individuals, but you can also use it for proactive prospecting and list building.

What do you dislike?

What may be an advantage for some organizations is a disadvantage to others. I dislike that when you change your preference settings, they only change for your user login-- not for everyone in your organization. It makes it more of a task to make sure everyone is on the same page. But on the other hand, different users can have different preferences, which is sometimes useful.

We are using iWave to prospect individuals who donate to us, so we know who to pay more attention to, based on affinity and capacity. We are also using iWave to prospect corporations. The donations tab allows us to look at a company's charitable giving history and see if we are a good fit for them.

iWave review by Suzanne B.
Suzanne B.

"iWave is the perfect tool for fundraising research on prospects"

What do you like best?

One of the many parts I use on iWave is the foundation tab and the donation tab. Unlike any other tool, the info is broad and specific. I get foundation board members, their donations to other orgs, I find names, salaries, titles, and financial info that I would have to search on every 990 - which is also provided if I need it. I also like the easy access to the 360onoline search for info, email, phone numbers, titles, boards, education.

What do you dislike?

My only suggestion to improve iWave is to make the printed saved prospect profile a little more readable as a word doc or pdf. The profile is great, but the graphics could be a bit better. I usually take out the oversized graphics and replace them - just another step - not a big deal. I don't use their printed profile for meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the demo. You will receive the same care and support in the demo as you do in the subscription. You are working with great people at iWave - call or email any time and they are there for you - NO extra cost.

I have used iWave for over ten years and never work without it. It covers most of my research needs that other workhorse databases cannot provide, like LexisNexis, which is great, but the best pairing is iWave and LN. They are very complementary. The top feature for iWave is the relationship mapping through their exhaustive donor database. I match my prospects to people in foundations and in donations to other orgs.

iWave review by Armen B.
Armen B.

"iWave PRO is productive"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how it integrates with other aspects of iWave. Another plus -- and I hope they keep it -- is PIPL, which is there on a trial basis currently. I want to strongly recommend that they keep it! It is a major step forward in terms of being able to ascertain whether you have the right person.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found too many things I don't like, except that at times, info on previous professional experience is old, and I have to "manually" update via Linked In.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reasonably priced wealth screening search platform.

iWave Pro helps me research my top major gift prospects and has helped me identify things about them that would have taken months.to research.

iWave review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Informative, Intuitive Tool for Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

IWave PRO is extremely useful for pulling together all the different aspect of a philanthropic prospect onto one screen: employment, property ownership, ball-park of net-worth (as applicable) and giving trends.

What do you dislike?

The net-worth assessment is rather opaque; it's unclear where the data comes from and the ranges are wide. A high number is a good indicator of additional research required but doesn't nail down philanthropic capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing prospect research this is a key tool in your kit. It will improve your ability to assess prospects as well as craft more resonant proposals.

PRO is key to understanding giving habits, existing giving levels, and areas of philanthropic interests for prospects. I am able to provide exponentially better guidance on all these aspects of Major Gift work based on data gathered from iWave Pro.

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and a great one-stop shop for information about prospects. I like that I can find so much information in one place. I also really like being able to search real estate by address; it's a really good way to find multiple properties owned by a single individual. I'm also a fan of the SEC filings search; it allows me to narrow my searches on the actual SEC website more effectively. ZoomInfo's aggregation of business contact information is also really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the recent RelSci implementation is particularly useful. I also don't ever use the Prospects of Wealth section -- the information in there seems arbitrary and we don't get sufficient (read: any) information about how the conclusions are drawn. How does it know the liquid assets and that people are into wine and gourmet or home decor?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely check it out and see if it works for your research shop! iWave is a really useful tool that I can't imagine having to do my job without. It's very user-friendly with a gentle learning curve, a huge time-saver, and a great resource.

It helps us find information about our prospects. We're able to save time by finding so much information in iWave instead of checking multiple databases. I also like the screening credits included with the subscription. iWave's screenings are done quickly and seem to be about as accurate as other screening services.

iWave review by Rikki B.
Rikki B.

"iWave has saved my professional life!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the 360 search and how it populates professional information, real estate and donations of my constituents. I also really appreciate having the information from Relationship Science and Dun & Bradstreet.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything; however, I use the Thomson Reuters and Insider Filings less than the other categories of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! While I do not use all the features available, those that I do have been awesome!

iWave has increased my efficiency at work for surface level verification of prospective donors. The benefit realized is increased return on investment of time input for research related efforts.

"Regular user"

What do you like best?

I use iWave daily. The sources and interface make it easy to find the information I need. I love the 360 Search and the ability to drill down into details for any of the results. Being able to sort and export donations is fantastic especially when researching someone with a common name, I can sort out the results that are not the constituent I am researching (based on middle initial or spouse name).

What do you dislike?

This is a tough question, iWave is my go-to source. It would be great if iWave could link directly to county assessor websites, as I have to go to the assessor sites to confirm if a constituent still owns the property.

iWave lets me quickly answer my development officers when they ask "is the constituent philanthropic?" I can quickly get an overview and more details as needed.

iWave review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Very intuitive and informative prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

Many donor prospect tools are fairly similar but what I really enjoy about iWave PRO is that you can adjust the settings to customize the scoring to a larger degree than I notice with similar products. This makes the output from iWave PRO much easier to interpret and use compared with scores derived with less transparency. In addition, iWave has research tools for Canadian prospects so anyone with donors or prospects in Canada will find resources through iWave PRO that are not available elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to really think of anything to really dislike about the product honestly. If anything, I would note that our current contract only allows for a batch screen of around 5,000 records where other comparable products bundle in a much larger batch screening allowance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found iWave PRO to be very intuitive and to also provide really useful information. That being said, I have had positive experiences with other similar products as well. I would definitely recommend trying it out and seeing if it is the right fit for you and your organization. I think it largely comes down to personal preference to be honest. The one major advantage that it has over competition is the Canadian resources which definitely set iWave PRO apart if you have prospects in Canada.

We use iWave PRO to verify wealth and to identify if a prospect has made philanthropic gifts to other like organizations. It is also a handy tool for finding additional real estate, board affiliations and general news and information about someone.

iWave review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"iWave"

What do you like best?

We were drawn to iWave because our old research software did not pull information on foundations. We liked the ability to see where foundations were giving their money without having to pull a 990 (although you can get the 990 in iWave if you would like). The sources for donations and property seemed more up to date than the sources in our old system and the reports are more comprehensive. It even includes an aerial view of the individual's house. We also like that individual searches do not count toward your credits. The alerts is another feature that if very helpful.

What do you dislike?

When you are doing a search for a common name that has many hits, it does not let you exclude records that you know are not the individual you are searching for so it can be a little frustrating to search through a lot of records. That was one thing I liked about our old system. You could check off records to remove them from your search. You also cannot manually add property that you find independently to the property record. It will allow you to add it to notes but it does not include the property value when calculating figures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are able to, this would be great to use in conjunction with another software. I wish I could combine ResearchPoint and iWave together.

We are able to get a better overall picture of our donors and what causes they care about as well as the appropriate amount to ask for.

iWave review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"Highly recommend iWavePro to Prospect Researchers"

What do you like best?

I can hardly remember life before the 360 search! Love it.

This is the only product that allows us to find some international information (especially Canada; we are on the border of Ottawa, Ontario). The new ability to screen Canadian prospects for estimated median household income and real estate value is fantastic!

The Prospects of Wealth alerts have been really helpful and we often find gifts to other organizations and/or additional real estate properties in iWavePro that do not turn up in our other subscription products.

What do you dislike?

We wish it returned more Canadian property data, but we know that is a work in progress.

I do wish Donations could be sorted by donor last name rather than having the full name sorted by first name - actually this would be helpful in all sortable fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try everything! Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Data Mining for new major gift level prospects ($100k+ over 5 years) for our next (largest) capital campaign.

iWave review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Great product, worth the investment"

What do you like best?

I like the up to date real estate information which we use to keep track of constituents and investors who have moved recently. I like using the 360 search as a broad overview to get started when researching a new constituent; it helps me get a better understanding of the kind of information available as well as help me sift out who the person is not (useful when dealing with common names in metropolitan areas).

The UI is easy to use and very intuitive. It's pleasant to look at and clean, so you're not distracted by nonsense everywhere.

What do you dislike?

On the real estate page, the "State" drop down menu lets you use the arrow keys when selecting a state after you started typing it in, but the "City" drop down menu does not offer the same set up. So it's a little annoying, for me at least for efficiency's sake, to have to use two different means of selecting the appropriate State/City. But it's not a "deal breaker", just a minor annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My organization is religious non-profit and, like all research shops, we have to be careful about our overhead and what we spend our resources on. IWave has worked with us on pricing and helping us find a price that works for what we can afford. The product has been an investment that has paid for itself, especially when tracking down major donors for events and for our Major Gift Officers and our executive leadership. I've had the chance to recommend the product to a couple of other religious non-profits for the same reason as above and I would continue to recommend this product to any size research shop.

Many of our constituents will move without notifying us, so one problem that we solve is being able to track down their new addresses quickly. We are also able to see what they sold their previous property for and for how much they purchased their new property, which we then are able to let our Major Gift officers know if their constituent is in a good position to make a major gift.

I work for a small research shop (two people) and we have to use our time as efficiently as possible. Having one product where we can do a 360 search as well as drill down in things like business ownership, ZoomInfo profiles, donations, real estate, and foundation affiliation is great. It's especially useful in tandem with our other wealth aggregate software which we can then verify information between the two of them.

iWave review by Deborah F.
Deborah F.

"Excellent Prospect Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many different options, but what I tend to use the most is the Donations tool for finding gifts by companies. Most other tools are only effective for individuals, but with IWave, I can enter a company name and see what sorts of organizations and events they support. I also like the way that you can adjust the giving ranges for years, dollar amounts, even gift types.

What do you dislike?

All I can think of at this time is that I wish the Export process (e.g., for Prospects of Wealth) was a little easier. My main complaint is no fault of the product - I just can't seem to find enough time in my day to explore all the options in iWave!

Recently we have been looking for additional capital donors, and I've utilized the search by campaign type and also the Prospects of Wealth to try to generate some new names in our area.

iWave review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Excellent product, UI and support. "

What do you like best?

I have found iWave's screening services to be extremely useful in qualifying donors - the philanthropic information with active links back to source documents is top notch. While I'm quite proficient in research and profiling, when the information I'm looking at is not completely clear, their support is stellar, responsive, knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations which I feel could be worked on - the data sets are intrinsically distinct, but I do think that cross-linking between certain ones (beyond the 360 PRO, which does a very good job) when attempting to create prospect lists beyond your known donors is still quite time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are other products in the space which we also evaluated, this is meeting our needs as a small nonprofit with limited staff and a small donor base.

~ Need to quickly come up to speed on existing donors, get to know them, create individual giving program

~ Need to quantify best prospects for outreach based on affinity and affluence

We've seen increased fidelity on our current donors as well as outside prospects, which helps guide conversations and activities with donors and ultimately grows relationships with accompanying impacts.

iWave review by Catherine (Alex) T.
Catherine (Alex) T.

"Powerful and customizeable research tool"

What do you like best?

The 360 search is a pretty phenomenal starting spot for any of your prospect researching needs. I love that it gives you the option to search real estate records (no more real property searches!) and to view the original source of most of its data points. This really helps point me in the right direction if I need to dig a little deeper on a potential donor. The ability to include spouse names is also super helpful for partners who do not share the same last name, yet donate and/or hold property together.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the transfer of individual records into PROfiles. A minor thing, but the "select all" check box at the top of a data set doesn't actually actually include ALL the records if they take up multiple pages. So you have to go through each page and import them separately to get them all. We also have a unique issue as a DC-based organization, where many of our research candidates have donation, employment, and real estate records in multiple of the DMV states. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to restrict my searches to these states - it's either all the states, or just one. Finally, the integration with Tessitura's database software is a ways away from actually providing a real functional benefit to its users. However, we've been using iWave since before the integration, so any future improvements would just be a perk on top of the benefits we've already signed up for!

We are mostly doing detailed, individualized research on constituents that have shown promise based on initial interactions with us. We're exploring our potential options for a larger scale screening, but for now, it's a really phenomenal tool for condensing the super time consuming process of prospect research into a quick review of the most important information. The data sets provided are also intelligently designed to provide exactly the types of information we would look for.

iWave review by Kristin V.
Kristin V.

"Great for Identifying Prospect Information in One Place"

What do you like best?

It's extremely helpful that I can search PRO either across all tabs at once (using 360 Search) or going directly to the tab/source and search only that section. The information is accurate most of the time (which I can't say about other resources I've used in the past). I usually start my prospect research here first and confirm it with other, well known sources also. The real estate section is extremely helpful and the giving history can be exported into excel, which is beneficial to slice-and-dice for writing research profiles.

What do you dislike?

It's tough to search prospects who have multiple names. It would be more efficient if I could search more than one alias at a time, i.e. Boolean search logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to make sure it does what you need and you practice searching. It's easy to navigate but it takes practice to fully use it's features.

We are using this to build prospect research profiles, which will ultimately assist fundraisers.

iWave review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"iWave Packs a Powerful Prospect Research Punch!"

What do you like best?

iWave offers a package of very flexible tools to research and prioritize donor prospects. Whether you are a generalist or a prospect research pro, the tools are easy to use and provide you with as much depth as you want. Their new screening tool is a prime example of this! You can dig in, define the parameters, check on individual prospects and refresh, OR click and go. Intuitive and always on top of their game, the folks at iWave listen to their users and pay attention to the trends in philanthropy, technology, and research. Purchasing from iWave is money well spent!

What do you dislike?

Improvements are always a double-edged sword! I love the new data-sets, the screening tools, and ease of manipulation, but keeping up when I'm busy can be tough. Thankfully, if I can't make it to one of their trainings they are willing to walk me through it on the phone!

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave PRO has the advantage of hitting the "sweet spot" in donor research. Most donor research is done at the identification and qualification stage, reserving deep research for those prospects who make it to the solicitation round. iWave PRO excels at identification and qualification, making your work faster and better.

As a multifaceted prospect research consulting firm, we get all kinds of research projects. iWave has pulled away from the pack in helping my team solve problems. We use the tools for researching profiles, prioritizing donors, and prospecting for new donors. When I added iWave tools, I noticed an improvement in the quality and depth of our work, but also the speed.

iWave review by Ben D.
Ben D.

"Very useful tool, with detailed information that you can't find elsewhere"

What do you like best?

- iWave Pro brings a wide range of sources together in one place, which saves a lot of time.

- Much of the information is set out in hyperlinks, making information clickable so you can get more detail if you want. This functionality is very user friendly.

- It's great for finding donations.

What do you dislike?

- It doesn't allow for using the back button on your browser - this functionality would be useful and would feel less clunky than going back using the buttons within the programme

- It would be good if some of the information around the amount of donations from an individual to an institution was made clearer - a separate breakdown of all their donations to an institution by year would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Definitely try it out - it will cut down a lot of time researching and will add extra information that you would struggle to find elsewhere.

- We are saving a lot of time on our research.

- We are finding information on individuals that we wouldn't be able to find anywhere else - this has allowed us to approach individuals with a more tailored approach.

iWave review by Catherine E.
Catherine E.

"A Prospect Researchers Go-To"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to simply type in a name and being able to almost instantly identify an individual. This can be by changing the search parameters to a particular city or sorting by a certain nickname. The donations search function, along with the new real estate function, are life-savers and allow for very quick Giving Capacity calculations.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot going on on the page. It is not very clean-cut looking. Can make you feel very overwhelmed when trying to look for just a small piece of information. The format is also not very intuitive and takes some getting used to in order to navigate to all the available options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a prospect researcher, this product checks all the boxes for a one-stop-shop for all the things you need to get you started on your research.

Being able to identify an individual and then easily asses their wealth and giving capacity greatly benefits my organization. The new real estate estimate function is amazing and saves an incredible amount of time!

iWave review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Perfect for any size staff"

What do you like best?

The ease of using all of the features. You can do individual searches very quickly and the turnaround for a larger screening is also very quick. Staff can easily learn how to use the search tools and accessing saved profiles is easy.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it was easier to integrate the screening information into RE NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used this with a large staff and in a small shop, either way, it meets the needs of the organization. Being able to do quick searches on your own or a full database screening is very easy.

We are using the tool to expand our major donor database and IWave has really opened our eyes to those in our database who need more research and who we should connect with in order to cultivate for a gift.

iWave review by Jo T.
Jo T.

"Fantastic product and support"

What do you like best?

iWave PRO is constantly improving and adding new data sets. The customer support/service cannot be topped. I particularly like, as a geographically-based community foundation, the ability to search for prospects by location.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see a filtering option on results (i.e. filter by state, etc.), in addition to sorting. Also, the PROscreen could use some improvement, but it's really new, so I am confident it will in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take trainings and talk to other users. Word of mouth is the best way to get the best information. Take advantage of the great customer service, too.

Most recently, we were looking at doing an event for Minnesota donors in Florida. The real estate search was invaluable. The only improvement I would ask for is a way to filter (by state or city, for example), in addition to sorting.

iWave review by Alison P.
Alison P.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see info from different sources all at once is so helpful! I can easily aggregate all the necessary data points and easily send them to our fundraisers.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the search function is either way to specific or not specific enough. It takes some work to get the results I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great one-stop shop for all your researching needs!

Being able to upload lists to PRO makes getting summarized documents back to our fundraiser very easy and saves me a ton of time. The graphics are helpful for our less tech-savvy executives.

iWave review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"iWave PRO is easy to use with many straightforward research tools"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature to iWave PRO is that they have saved as pdf all source material not just a link to source material. If I ever questions a result it is easy to look up and verify the result is accurate.

What do you dislike?

The rating system is not quite and simple as I would like it to be. To get a rating you create a profile, add data to the profile then you have to close and open the profile in another area to see the rating. After verifying data or making changes the rating does not immediately reflect the changes made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We place high value on real estate values and gifts to other organizations. iWave PRO does a good job and finding this information for us in an easy to use system.

I am using iWave to find wealth information and build profiles for prospects.

iWave review by Elana C. M.
Elana C. M.

"Can't work without it..."

What do you like best?

iWave is a great resource for the Prospect Research industry. A wealth of data, neatly organized and easy to navigate. I love the ability to use the cache feature from ZoomInfo Web References to get information I would not normally get from searching the web.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the PROscreen. Did not find it to be very helpful, but we also have many other resources we use to screen. If had nothing else, it would probably be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you buy nothing else, invest in this product.

Efficiency. Having all the information in one location cuts down the time it takes to find the information needed for our fundraisers. Also being able to search by APN in CoreLogic is a lifesaver for confirming current ownership and if they own other properties. Great for doing quick ratings as well.

iWave review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Easy to understand and very user friendly"

What do you like best?

iWave's 360 search is great to search every database in a few seconds. The profiles that iWave creates are very easy to read and great to hand over to the MGOs.

What do you dislike?

I am new to using the batch upload process, but find it difficult that when I want to review the records that iWave pulls for the profiles, you have to wait for each record to be turned into a profile. Then, once you review the profile and verify the records/delete some irrelevant records from the profile, it does NOT update the batch upload report but rather only the copy of the profile that it created.This makes it hard to re-organize the batch pull to rank the prospects.

We are finding the use for iWave great for prospecting our new donors to see their capacities as well as focusing on our current major givers to see if they are capable of giving more than they do to our small organization. We are finding that iWave gives our Major Gifts Officers more confidence going into a meeting when they are making their asks, in result we are obtaining more major gifts in greater amounts.

iWave review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"A must-have for prospect research"

What do you like best?

iWave consistently delivers accurate results, with an unparalleled capability to be able to check, verify, and remove inaccurate data to ensure the best possible profile on a prospect.

What do you dislike?

Data can sometimes be difficult to find for lower-level prospects, although there are also less false positives for those prospects as well compared to other research tools.

iWave has been a great solution for us for our donor prospect research team and has helped to better guide our engagement with the prospects we encounter.

iWave review by Wilma M.
Wilma M.

"Intuitive "

What do you like best?

The service is designed to be very intuitive like most vendors that offer similar services; however, that said the layout and format of the information is very user friendly and well displayed unlike some of iWave's competition. I find the information on iWave to be mostly accurate assuming you have identified your specific prospect.

What do you dislike?

When there is little information on a search the tab that has a potential donor should go to the top of the page whether that is under real estate, zoom info, or political giving for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it is my direct go to in order to clear up information from other vendors.

The service provided by iWave assists in the identification and confirmation of constituent assets to better identify and cultivate potential donors.

iWave review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"A solid research platform"

What do you like best?

Annual reports saved as PDFs so they are always there, DatabaseUSA and other databases are great for finding contact information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options to more strictly define searches by the criteria I want to use. The basic search is good, but sometimes I want to drill down on very specific things.

iWave gives us the ability to do targeted screenings of people who may or may not even be in our database of record at all, which is great. It also give us another way to find information on prospects when our other tools aren't up for the job.

iWave review by NIcole B.
NIcole B.

"I have been very satisfied with IWave over the last 1 1/2 years. It is very easy to use ."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to move around the platform. I love the different sources offered . I am able to send my batch of Freshmen parents each year with ease.

What do you dislike?

I wish it offered a service for searching for articles, current and past. This would help with many alerts I have set up in other places and would make it easier for me to have all my research needs met in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all IWave has to offer and utilize support help if needed.

I was able to use the Foundation/Grant search for a project we were working on. This is not something I typically would research but IWave assisted me with this.

iWave review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Love iWave"

What do you like best?

iWave Pro has been very helpful to our office. I personally don't have the same job functions, so I don't use it as much as I used to, but others do. We would use it to find information on real estate, donations, etc. Others use the wealth screening with great results.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Pro have some of the same things LexisNexis has like current mailing address information, relatives, etc. If a full date of birth could also exist that would be great as well since Lexis only gives you the month and year, and isn't always accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave Pro is an amazing way to get answers to lots of questions you will have as a Prospect Research Department or from the Data Information standpoint.

Looking for real estate sales on second homes, so we know they no longer are going back and forth to that home. Wealth screening results, etc.

iWave review by User in Higher Education

"A+ to iwave's Prospect Research Website "

What do you like best?

iwave is continually coming up with new ideas/updateds to add to their website. The screening process and postal code searches for property assessment have been the best additions. I have used both and the screening has provided me with lots of new prospects in our database that I didn't know we had. As well, the U.S. real estate has helped me both find new prospects and update the addresses of a few lost ones.

The property assessment allows me to get a better idea of a prospect's net worth when doing profiles. And of course, ZoomInfo and donations are used daily. Excellent for fundraisers and in particular, prospect researchers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in Zoominfo, there is old info saved that used to be on their website so you have to watch the dates to see that you have current info and its hard to find recent donations.

Finding new prospects that have the potential to make major gifts to our organization.

Allows me to create profiles from all the different info provided.

There seems to be more American content in certain sections.

iWave review by Anissa H.
Anissa H.

"IWave: Great prospecting product"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to integrate information from multiple sources into one report.

What do you dislike?

I would like more ability to customize the report--to change the order of the notes or inject a note at the beginning or end of Real Estate reports or Dun & Bradstreet findings, etc. My senior officers could benefit from my relevant notes about how to best use this information since formal prospecting is new to our department.

I would also like the ability to ask questions in real time with a pop up support person. I sometimes have a quick HOW TO question but not time to find a video or source. If I could be quickly directed as a newer user, that would better use my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great start-up software as it effectively assimilates multiple data sources into a user-friendly report. It is fairly intuitive to operate and that is helpful for a start-up program or someone who does not want to spend time learning technical things unrelated to the prospecting etc. In the scheme of products, iWave is a good value for the price!

I am currently creating a formal prospecting process for our Advancement department. I have learned a lot and am integrating these processes into the office flow. There are data outside iWave--like from social media like Facebook and LinkedIn that I often integrate into my iWave report through the NOTES. There is not much flexibility in designing the reports etc. and it would be wonderful if there were social media data included in the iWave report. That info may not be accessible. though. I have yet to see monetary benefits from the profiling I am doing, but I anticipate finding and qualifying new donors for our team.

iWave review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"First and Best Tool for Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

I love the control I have on profiling an entire group of prospects. The import is very easy and then I decide which information is correct or what needs to go a little deeper, which is no problem with the, "Add to Profile," feature. I then add comments of personal details to give a complete view of the prospect relationship, instead of the often incorrect or only half-the-picture perspective that you receive when an outside research company does the job for you. After you've spent all that money for the research, you still need to go through and confirm the personal details that really make a prospect profile complete.

What do you dislike?

When searching in an imported group of "Profiles", the results sometimes bounce between a couple of results where I'll hit the wrong profile and then have to start over again. Otherwise, great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave Pro is the first place I go for prospect research. I complement with LexisNexis to confirm things like addresses or dig a little deeper on a possible business, but I always end with iWave to dive in and gather the important details of what shapes the prospect and tells me about who I'm looking at.

We're solving the lack of control you have at looking at the most current view of prospects. iWave Pro gives us all the control.

iWave review by Laura A.
Laura A.

"My Go-To Prospect Research Resource"

What do you like best?

The 360 search is efficient and comprehensive; it saves our Research team a lot of time. iWave uses reliable data sources in a user-friendly interface. We get excellent results in our searches. I also like that we can customize our searches using different data sets for different purposes.

My favourite thing about iWave is that they're always innovating and improving, adding new sources and new ways to integrate your organization's data with their sources. Their customer service and training are excellent and you can tell their staff have a background in non-profit and advancement research.

What do you dislike?

As you can probably tell, there isn't much I dislike about iWave PRO -- it's the first resource I go to when I'm doing prospect research.

I have had a few issues with searches returning different results depending on which jurisdiction is selected. I find I get better results when I don't input a province/state then when I select "All States/Provinces." Not sure if this is a bug or more of a quirk.

We use PRO for prospect research, both in identifying prospects with capacity and affinity and in researching new and current donors to look for career information, capacity, philanthropy, and affinity. We've recently begun using PROscreen to review larger numbers of donors for capacity and affinity. With PRO, we are able to identify major gift prospects early on in the fundraising cycle and ensure they receive communications and touchpoints that are targeted to this group.

iWave review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Invaluable resource for prospect research"

What do you like best?

The best thing about PRO is that it is constantly being developed and new data sets are added free of charge. The ZoomInfo data set is extremely useful for finding contact details for individual prospects and saves a lot of time trawling websites for this information.

The Real Estate data set is very detailed, and the finance details given provide insight into the equity the prospect has in their real estate.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike about PRO. If anything, the data set is quite limited to the US and more Canadian data sets would be welcome, and even better if some UK data sets were included, particularly donations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend PRO highly enough. it is the one prospect research resource that I pay for that I don't consider cancelling to save expenditure when setting my budget.

PRO gives me all the information I need in one place when researching prospects in the US and Canada. It is also extremely useful for prospects elsewhere in the world through the ZoomInfo feature.

iWave review by User in Museums and Institutions
User in Museums and Institutions

"Useful if you already know who you want to look into"

What do you like best?

Interface is generally intuitive, assembling a basic profile is quick and easy, and the ability to save previously-compiled profiles is useful in avoiding doing redundant work.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the interface are confusing, with some sets of results about the same prospect conflicting depending on where in the program you look. Some of the data is inaccurate (for example, volunteers were listed in our Annual Report and picked up by iWave as donors when they were not). This was corrected very quickly after I called and reported the discrepancy, but I only knew it was inaccurate because the listing was for the organization I work for. I would not have caught it otherwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the designated users for iWave are not trained prospect researchers, I would not recommend iWavePRO as a tool for scouting out new prospects. You can't easily input a set of criteria and get a list of potential prospects. It works best once a prospect is already identified and you want to know more about them.

We are getting quick and helpful glimpses at prospects ahead of going into meetings with them, and knowing some general information about their giving habits helps our fundraising staff to refine their strategies and shapes what they ultimately end up asking for.

iWave review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"An excellent tool for any research shop"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily search across all the databases via 360 Search is a fantastic feature. A quick 360 search can give me the information I need to decide if I should continue to dig deeper or not with a prospect saving me from wasting valuable time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to get back to the larger 360 results when you start digging into some of the hits. For example, if you click on the company information from Zoom then decide to click on a link in that record you may have gone to far to easily go back to the main results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an ideal product for organizations with small budgets. PRO provides almost all of the information you need all in one package.

I use the product to qualify prospects for fundraising goals.

iWave review by Administrator

"IWave PRO is a great research tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the user-friendly interface, and the many databases that are available. I also appreciate that iWave is constantly improving its offerings and usability. For example, I love the PROScreen feature and like the new look and feel of the main screen. Most importantly, I like working with Robert MacKinnon (my sales rep) and the iWave support team. Everyone is knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The profiles (when I download them into MS Word) are formatted with different fonts and different font sizes, and can be hard to read. I have to re-format them so that they are easy to read and share with colleagues. I would appreciate it if iWave could improve the look of the profiles in the Word format.

iWave PRO has enabled me to quickly provide accurate data on our constituents. It has also uncovered prospects for us to cultivate.

iWave review by Christopher N.
Christopher N.

"A very strong recommendation"

What do you like best?

The intuitive nature of iwave is, perhaps, the best feature. Think it, click it. see it! PLUS it is so much more affordable than some of the other options I have used in my many years of prospect and donor research.

A great value!

What do you dislike?

I have not yet used it, but I believe the only drawback has been solved: the ability to "wash" my entire list against the iWave data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used a number of products for the research function and I would STRONGLY recommend that iWave be among the research tools for every advancement office.

We had absolutely no research tools aside from Google or the do it yourself the old fashioned way research. Being a one-person shop, that just was not a tenable situation. iWave has given us the ability to add a research function at a very low cost-high return ratio!

iWave review by User

"iWave PRo is the the go-to resource"

What do you like best?

iWave PRO is comprehensive and easy to use. I always start my on-line research with PRO, since that sets the tone for the rest of my research.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I dislike about iWave PRO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave PRO is a great and comprehensive product, and a good value. If I could only have one on-line prospect research subscription, it would be iWave PRO.

iWave allows us to review more prospects more quickly and accurately. I'm able to individually review more prospects on a regular basis, which helps us to get more in-depth info on recent donors and other prospect lists.

iWave review by D'Artagnan M.
D'Artagnan M.

"Wealth of information"

What do you like best?

360 search shows all relevant results in one tab rather than tabbing through all of the different data sets.

What do you dislike?

only drawback would be cost but this is such a minor drawback given what you get for your investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

never hurts to ask for a free demo or trial period. Hard to justify not purchasing the product after having the opportunity to actually use it.

In higher education it's always useful to understand where your prospects are giving philanthropically. With iWave's NOZA database we can easily identify areas of funding support that may match a current project that we are funding for.

iWave review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"iWave is a great product and worth the investment"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and gives you most of the information you are looking for when researching a company or individual.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit tricky with names. You need to know a little bit about the person to authenticate. Sometimes gives you too many names that don't seem to be related.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great all around software package for researching donors, this is the best one that I have used. They offer web training and webinars that will help you know more about their features. It is a great investment and it makes my job a lot easier.

We do research on our donors and need to provide information to the gift officers all the way to the chancellor. They like to know more about them and the affinity to give.

iWave review by Bridget P.
Bridget P.

"iWave is an excellent tool - user friendly and very comprehensive. It is vital in our small shop. "

What do you like best?

It is an extremely efficient way to perform very board sweeping research so I can spend more time on validation and report delivery as well as on my duties related to donor management and data analytics.

What do you dislike?

Some of the interior subscriptions are not the full product so it is necessary to hold additional individual subscriptions and run those simultaneously.

Using iWave save so much time! The research time I save allows me to spend that time helping my organization think more strategically and continue to expand the way we think about and use the data we have.

Learn more about iWave

iWave Videos

Learning about iWave?

* We monitor all iWave reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.