iWave

iWave

iWave is a fundraising research platform that nonprofits use to identify and get to know wealthy/philanthropic prospects and donors.

Work for iWave?

Learning about iWave?

iWave Reviews

Ask iWave a Question
Showing 123 iWave reviews
iWave review by <span>Dave A.</span>
Dave A.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

All-in-one wealth prospecting and research platform

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. In addition, the support staff always responds very quickly, and they offer regular user training whenever we add a new employee. I very much like that I can do Foundation prospecting alongside individual research, and the bulk data upload is an incredible value with a quick turnaround time.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about this product, after two years as a user I can say the only limitation is one shared by every other prospect research platform: some entities and individuals are adept at shielding information about their assets and giving history. This is to be expected and is just one of the challenges you encounter in the field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I utilized product demos for a number of other wealth prospecting software, and found iWave to be the most accessible and best value for our needs.

iWave allows us to easily build wealth profiles of our ticket buyers and donor prospects; In addition, the platform integrates comprehensive data on foundation giving and corporate contacts, making it an invaluable tool when preparing grant applications, opportunity research, and corporate proposals. One of the best features of iWave is the ability to research prospects without using your purchased credits. This allows us to quickly look up as many people as we want without worrying about running out of credits. We use our purchased credits in the Bulk Upload feature, which offers a great way to receive profiles on thousands of ticketbuyers from our database, and the turnaround time is only 36 hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iWave
iWave review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.

My starting place for every research project

What do you like best?

The most helpful feature to iWave PRO is the consolidation of multiple sources under one location. Getting a capacity (wealth) rating from the information you find is incredibly valuable. With 360 Search, I can take a first name and address and in most cases find career, home value and philanthropic inclinations all at once. When I am searching out new territories for gift officers, I want to know that the prospects I submit present have the capacity we need to make the a viable. I get that confidence when I search in iWave PRO.

What do you dislike?

I struggled most with the learning curve to ensure that I was gathering the correct and complete information on a prospect. The training sessions helped give some creative search ideas. Ultimately, iWave PRO can be a blunt instrument as it does not give any confidence ratings to the results, It simply returns them en masse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is a comprehensive tool that is easy to navigate and provides an abundance of information for you to consume. Take the time to use the demo credits and discover the potential sitting in your database.

I am a one person researching unit. I support five fundraisers with my efforts. Time savings is an obvious benefit to my organization. We have also increased our ask amounts in proposals because we have a more complete picture of our donors and their willingness and ability to give. Nothing can replace an in person visit, but the information I can gather helps secure that first visit more consistently and confidently.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

iWave review by <span>Liz S.</span>
Liz S.

iWave is my right hand.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the 360 search - I can get loads of info very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a tab for advanced search criteria so I could specify last name for a search. Sometimes there's a last name that pulls up loads of first names (i.e. searching Scott Russell brings me Russell Scott too, or if I want to search only by last name so I can find spousal or trust-owned property, it's nearly impossible in a case like this).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really did my due diligence in researching options - iWave was highly recommended by others. I've used other tools, and switched back to iWave.

Narrowing our focus very quickly - helping us know which of our donors have the capacity to do more. We've been able to put our resources where they're more likely to yield results.

iWave review by <span>Kim S.</span>
Kim S.

iWave as an Information Source

What do you like best?

I like the 360-degree view of a prospect, which includes a lot of information on one screen. From there, I can dig into the data using other tabs, to get the insight I need.

What do you dislike?

I often fin the philanthropic information is incomplete, which requires I use other sources to paint a more complete picture of a prospect's philanthropic activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend iWave because it is a "one stop shop" for information on prospects. It is able to provide a 360-degree view as well as focused information (e.g., real estate, philanthropy, relationships). Another cool thing is that for some of the data points there are links to source documents, which is very helpful.

We are able to determine which prospects to invest time in order to cultivate gifts to our university. We're working more efficiently and achieving better ROI.

iWave review by <span>Aimee F.</span>
Aimee F.

iWave PRO essential is my favorite research tool!

What do you like best?

The 360 degree search is a one stop, quick search for a prospect. With just one search you are delivered a dashboard with information from ZoomInfo, Dun&Bradstreet, Donations, Political Contributions, TrackWealth, Real Estate, Foundations/Charities. We find that the information is very reliable and accurate. You can drill down into the .pdfs of annual reports, or 990s of foundations. You can click and get more details on property ownership. You can also export the data you find.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be more/better information on stock holdings. - seeing more of the SEC documents in the same dashboard would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my go-to research tool, if you can only have one this is the product i'd recommend for sure!

We are able to prepare profiles on our prospects using the data that we verify from iWave.

iWave review by <span>Lorraine  G.</span>
Lorraine G.

Great alternative to Wealth Engine

What do you like best?

I like the rel-sci tab -- seeing how people relate to one another helps us better strategize on how to approach a potential new donor. The ratings give us an idea of not only someone's capacity but also the probability that they will donate to us.

What do you dislike?

I would like the contact information to be easier to find, when available. I also find the interface with Salesforce to be not as robust as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend some time using both Wealth Engine and iWave before making a decision.

In the past, we have done sizable mailings to the parents of our program participants with little to no ROI. This year, we targeted only those parents that had capacity with the hard mailing and sent everyone else an e-blast. The campaign was more effective.

Learning about iWave?

* We monitor all iWave reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.