iWave

iWave's Prospect Research Online (PRO) is a fundraising research tool that nonprofits use to identify and get to know wealthy/philanthropic prospects and donors.

Work for iWave?

Learning about iWave?

iWave Reviews

Ask iWave a Question
Showing 106 iWave reviews
iWave review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The most helpful feature to iWave PRO is the consolidation of multiple sources under one location. Getting a capacity (wealth) rating from the information you find is incredibly valuable. With 360 Search, I can take a first name and address and in most cases find career, home value and philanthropic inclinations all at once. When I am searching out new territories for gift officers, I want to know that the prospects I submit present have the capacity we need to make the a viable. I get that confidence when I search in iWave PRO.

What do you dislike?

I struggled most with the learning curve to ensure that I was gathering the correct and complete information on a prospect. The training sessions helped give some creative search ideas. Ultimately, iWave PRO can be a blunt instrument as it does not give any confidence ratings to the results, It simply returns them en masse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iWave is a comprehensive tool that is easy to navigate and provides an abundance of information for you to consume. Take the time to use the demo credits and discover the potential sitting in your database.

I am a one person researching unit. I support five fundraisers with my efforts. Time savings is an obvious benefit to my organization. We have also increased our ask amounts in proposals because we have a more complete picture of our donors and their willingness and ability to give. Nothing can replace an in person visit, but the information I can gather helps secure that first visit more consistently and confidently.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iWave
iWave review by <span>Liz S.</span>
Liz S.

iWave is my right hand.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the 360 search - I can get loads of info very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a tab for advanced search criteria so I could specify last name for a search. Sometimes there's a last name that pulls up loads of first names (i.e. searching Scott Russell brings me Russell Scott too, or if I want to search only by last name so I can find spousal or trust-owned property, it's nearly impossible in a case like this).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really did my due diligence in researching options - iWave was highly recommended by others. I've used other tools, and switched back to iWave.

Narrowing our focus very quickly - helping us know which of our donors have the capacity to do more. We've been able to put our resources where they're more likely to yield results.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

iWave review by <span>Lorraine  G.</span>
Lorraine G.

Great alternative to Wealth Engine

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the rel-sci tab -- seeing how people relate to one another helps us better strategize on how to approach a potential new donor. The ratings give us an idea of not only someone's capacity but also the probability that they will donate to us.

What do you dislike?

I would like the contact information to be easier to find, when available. I also find the interface with Salesforce to be not as robust as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend some time using both Wealth Engine and iWave before making a decision.

In the past, we have done sizable mailings to the parents of our program participants with little to no ROI. This year, we targeted only those parents that had capacity with the hard mailing and sent everyone else an e-blast. The campaign was more effective.

iWave review by <span>Lisa R.</span>
Lisa R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

IWave PRO is extremely useful for pulling together all the different aspect of a philanthropic prospect onto one screen: employment, property ownership, ball-park of net-worth (as applicable) and giving trends.

What do you dislike?

The net-worth assessment is rather opaque; it's unclear where the data comes from and the ranges are wide. A high number is a good indicator of additional research required but doesn't nail down philanthropic capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing prospect research this is a key tool in your kit. It will improve your ability to assess prospects as well as craft more resonant proposals.

PRO is key to understanding giving habits, existing giving levels, and areas of philanthropic interests for prospects. I am able to provide exponentially better guidance on all these aspects of Major Gift work based on data gathered from iWave Pro.

iWave review by User in Higher Education

Great Product!

What do you like best?

iWave is easy to use and a great one-stop shop for information about prospects. I like that I can find so much information in one place. I also really like being able to search real estate by address; it's a really good way to find multiple properties owned by a single individual. I'm also a fan of the SEC filings search; it allows me to narrow my searches on the actual SEC website more effectively. ZoomInfo's aggregation of business contact information is also really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the recent RelSci implementation is particularly useful. I also don't ever use the Prospects of Wealth section -- the information in there seems arbitrary and we don't get sufficient (read: any) information about how the conclusions are drawn. How does it know the liquid assets and that people are into wine and gourmet or home decor?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely check it out and see if it works for your research shop! iWave is a really useful tool that I can't imagine having to do my job without. It's very user-friendly with a gentle learning curve, a huge time-saver, and a great resource.

It helps us find information about our prospects. We're able to save time by finding so much information in iWave instead of checking multiple databases. I also like the screening credits included with the subscription. iWave's screenings are done quickly and seem to be about as accurate as other screening services.

iWave review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Many donor prospect tools are fairly similar but what I really enjoy about iWave PRO is that you can adjust the settings to customize the scoring to a larger degree than I notice with similar products. This makes the output from iWave PRO much easier to interpret and use compared with scores derived with less transparency. In addition, iWave has research tools for Canadian prospects so anyone with donors or prospects in Canada will find resources through iWave PRO that are not available elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to really think of anything to really dislike about the product honestly. If anything, I would note that our current contract only allows for a batch screen of around 5,000 records where other comparable products bundle in a much larger batch screening allowance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found iWave PRO to be very intuitive and to also provide really useful information. That being said, I have had positive experiences with other similar products as well. I would definitely recommend trying it out and seeing if it is the right fit for you and your organization. I think it largely comes down to personal preference to be honest. The one major advantage that it has over competition is the Canadian resources which definitely set iWave PRO apart if you have prospects in Canada.

We use iWave PRO to verify wealth and to identify if a prospect has made philanthropic gifts to other like organizations. It is also a handy tool for finding additional real estate, board affiliations and general news and information about someone.

Learning about iWave?

* We monitor all iWave reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.