Jama Product Development Platform

3.8

Jama is designed for defining the set of requirements for what is being built, why and how. The Jama solution helps balance business-driven priorities with the complexities of product development to deliver the right products, faster.

Work for Jama Product Development Platform?

Learning about Jama Product Development Platform?

Jama Product Development Platform Reviews

Ask Jama Product Development Platform a Question
Showing 40 Jama Product Development Platform reviews
Jama Product Development Platform review by Rohit K.
Rohit K.

"Super awesome Tool"

What do you like best?

I have been using Jama for a while but this was for mainly creating test cases , test case run and capture test case result. But my recent experience has been great after exploring its new capabilities. I am using this tool to manage all my requirements. I am managing all my technical documentation in this tool. This helps me from getting away from word or any other document formats and keeps in one centralized location. Now , I am easily able to match my requirements with the Technical documentation and match both of them with the test cases and their execution results.

What do you dislike?

More reporting features will be helpful, I really like this product and is a blessing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must product for you if you are handling day to day activity in a big project. This is really helpful, especially in projects which is diverse and located in multiple places. Not only this helps in managing your test cases but also execution, results. The most beautiful part of this tool is managing requirements. I can upload my requirement document and this will extract and make the requirements look exactly as if I was reading from a word document. Also, it helps maintaining the RTM or trace-ability, nothing is better than this tool . I must have for every project.

Test Case, Results execution, defect creation. managing requirement, technical documentation and mapping of Requirements and Test cases.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jama Product Development Platform
Jama Product Development Platform review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Business Analyst using Jama for requirements in small IT company"

What do you like best?

After years of producing requirements in Word documents using track changes and versioning, there are several features of Jama that I really appreciate. My favorite feature, however, would have to be the review center. It is a nice, efficient way to share requirements, receive feedback, and compare versions of requirements. Everyone can participate in the review process and communicate with each other in an effort to finalize requirements.

What do you dislike?

I had to search for something I felt strongly enough about to say I disliked it.... But I would say the rich text functionality seems a little limited and the use of tables within a rich text field is somewhat awkward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If interested in an extremely configurable product to suit your process and development needs, regardless of the industry, I would highly recommend Jama because of the benefits it has provided our team. It has helped to increase our productivity and communication, and it has been embraced by our entire team.

We are capturing our business requirements for a new product, and we are very pleased with the improved efficiency and the ease of communication Jama provides us. Keeping everyone on the same page with requirements content and status plus having everything in one, easy to navigate repository has been very helpful.

What ALM Suites solution do you use?

Jama Product Development Platform review by Dana F.
Dana F.

"Great Potential Despite Issues with Usability"

What do you like best?

Document Management and Search:

The ability to organize many different types of documents, relate them together, search, reuse, and cross reference is very powerful. JAMA is attempting to give you the ability to manage all records (change requests, design docs, bugs, and even test plans) within a single tool. Search is very fast and you have the ability to save and favorite numerous filters.

Communication:

JAMA fully supports good communication in the form of streams, comments, change requests, and even upstream change notification. If you need to be informed and keep up to date with project changes, JAMA can make this largely hassle free.

System Administration:

We have had very little issue with managing hundreds of users on a single system with a pretty average VM host. With the new docker mode (introduced in 2016) upgrades and management are even easier. You also have the option of a cloud based/hosted solution if you prefer.

What do you dislike?

Usability:

Though many improvements have been made, there are still a number of general usability issues with reviews (more on that below), filters, and editing. The complete lack of a project wide refactor (search/replace) is just one example of a missing feature that would greatly improve usability. Another example would be per-project pick lists. Large pick lists (over 100) are also not very usable which is why having pick lists per project would improve things a great deal. Another usability issue is dealing with empty values is not consistent in search tools or batch update.

Multi-Project vs Single Project:

It seems as if a misstep was made early on in JAMA development in terms of how things would/should work cross-project. For the most part, you will have the most intuitive experience if you place all related items within one project (sharing a set of versions) but if the project gets too big, JAMA pushing you toward breaking it up because large projects are slow. The problem is, cross project search, navigation, and reporting are limited in some ways and can be confusing for most users.

Review Model:

I feel the review model is simply non-functional. If you are looking for JAMA to implement and enforce good reviews, I would suggest to look elsewhere. Reviews are too complex and review moderators cannot control which changes require re-review so every single change (adding a comma or fixing a spelling mistake) always require 100% re-review from all participants. This is just not workable in my opinion.

Having all the design and test definitions easily searchable and stored in a single application is a huge improvement over a document repository (i.e. file share or SharePoint). Two areas that have shown improvement are better communication and greatly improved document reuse.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Robert F.
Robert F.

"Jama Product Feature Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ability of Jama to manage all related projects with robust synchronization tools. In addition the custom feature matrix report we had Jama create has been working very well for managing all EFI Fiery programs.

What do you dislike?

It took several iterations to get the custom feature matrix report working. In addition, I have been hearing feedback from EFI users of Jama that there should be improved synchronization of one item to many projects. I have also heard search and replace tools can also be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have very specific requirements on what is needed.

Jama is the primary Fiery feature management tool. It is used to create master templates for our codebases and making customized projects based off these templates. In addition, Jama feature management is also tied to our automation tools to ensure each product as the correct feature set.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"MRD/PRD User"

What do you like best?

The most useful feature is the ability to link the different categories together - MRD to PRD, PRD to test cases, etc. Another fantastic feature is the review system and the ability for multiple folks to review items on their own time, and for the entire group to have visibility to the feedback.

What do you dislike?

INFLEXIBILITY. Our test cases are not always pass/fail. Some require input data (charts/graphs/etc.) and it is not convenient to input this information into Jama. Also the difficulty to import/export test cases has caused some in this organization to resist adopting Jama.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth consideration, although I do not have experience with competitors' products so I would recommend comparing before purchasing.

Our business had a gap in the ability of the organization to see the connections between the PRD and test cases. This software closes that gap.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Fully featured... but still as complicated as the process typically requires"

What do you like best?

The JAMA feature I use the most and find the most convenient is the document review. With a distributed team of opinionated individuals, the need for a thorough review process is key. Our team finds the JAMA review capability to fit well into our requirements management processes.

What do you dislike?

Though I find JAMA a good place to review and archive requirements, I rarely develop the requirements within the application itself. There is so much structure and button clicking to create and reorganize items, that I simply just use excel, word, or google docs for the first few rounds of requirements development. The freedom i get in those mediums, including the ability to share and get initial rounds of feedback, just isn't matched by JAMA.

Another issue that we typically run into is difficulty tracking review comments and resolutions between review versions. Often we want users to be able to see the changes that were made based on their suggestions, but the review process makes that difficult to accomplish.

Finally, it would be helpful if the outline numbering that appears during reviews was carried into other places within the tool so that those IDs could be used as references.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the realm of requirements management tools, I'm not sure that the silver bullet we're all looking for exists. The solution to that is probably more human than software. However, as one must often use a formal tool, I would recommend JAMA as an option. The ability to track requirement states, perform reviews, and track test cycle executions are specific features I find useful within JAMA.

The primary problem we are solving with JAMA is requirement and test case baselining. Typically we will do our requirements development outside of the tool, but then we can import into JAMA as baseline from which to work. Similarly, for test cases we develop an initial draft outside and then bring it into JAMA. Having these baselined versions of our systems engineering process make traceability simpler.

Once we have our test cases baselined, we have also benefited from the ability to execute and document test runs/cycles that serve as reviewable artifacts. These artifacts can be simply reviewed to assess test coverage and release readiness.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Joe D.
Joe D.

"We use JAMA for requirements and test case management. "

What do you like best?

The idea is nice, but I dread using the tool. I like that it connects into JIRA in some fashion. This way you can track to work you're doing against a test case or a requirement.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to search, it doesn't really correlate test cases to requirements that well. Can never figure out how to switch between related projects. And, if you want a report to come out of it, you can't. A PDF of test cases or requirements in a readable format so a new person can come up to speed. No. Doesn't happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need a tool. This one is ok. I don't know that you would use it over DOORS.

It's just another tool. It's not helping more than any other tool.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Liezel L.
Liezel L.

"Jama is a really good tool for managing requirements"

What do you like best?

Configurability of the system - state transitions, item relationships, directory/tree, form fields

Review center and how all the feedback history is captured in one place

Integration with Jira

What do you dislike?

The price! It's probably the most expensive tool we have (cost/user license) so it is never a certainty that we'll keep renewing. Would like to see some flexibility on pricing depending on the features you use. We don't use the test case mgmt features at all, for example. Most products have pricing tiers and it would be nice to see Jama implement that.

I think the reqts management features are pretty strong. Our QA team didn't give the test case mgmt features the thumbs up. They chose Test Rail. So I lost the ability to connect reqts to test cases in one tool. I suggest looking at the test case and test plan features and make those stronger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The change management involved in rolling out a tool like this was bigger than the effort to learn the tool. You need a proper project plan and a capable project manager to get all the internal stakeholders plus external contacts (reqts stakeholders) to buy in, get trained, use it properly, etc.

Documenting requirements in one place, in a standard way.

Documenting feedback from stakeholders in one place.

I wanted one source of truth for requirements.

Avoid rework due to missed reqts.

Benefits

Rework due to missed reqts is down (haven't measured by how much though).

BAs are more consistent in how they manage reqts.

History of feedback saves time (discussions about why we did something or what the reqts were in the first place are reduced).

Jama Product Development Platform review by Christophe M.
Christophe M.

"Jama Product Review"

What do you like best?

Exchange, links between items and great review tool.

The Jira integration is also a big advantage in our organization, to track advance of the user stories of the project.

The tools is also very useful to allow us to enter user requirements (even if a better import tool will be great) and to follow, though the links include in Jama, all the tasks needed to be done to fitful this requirement.

The "build your own" report from the different available links are also a way to have different views (customer, developer, specialist, etc.).

And I really like the review, as simple as possible, even if "rights" on user story "blind" some information to people who haven't enough permission (some document linked can't be seen through the review).

What do you dislike?

Global ID not well manage (moving from a project to an other), as we are working on a product built by projects. So, when we move "user story" from project to the "product" (in fact, an other project), the Global ID is changing, and all links are lost.

The product management must be improved, to be able to "pick up" easily from one project (our product) each function that are useful for a dedicated project, with only "links", and not copy/paste which change this Global ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good collaborative tool, with excellent review process.

Integration with Jira is also great.

Have one tool to describe the function of the solution, and share, with review, to many people around the world.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Arno S.
Arno S.

"Jama"

What do you like best?

The Jama tool is good because these is a direct correlation between product requirements and test plans or test cases. this way it can be determined what requirements have test cases associated with them and which requirements do not.

What do you dislike?

If you have requirements, test plans, or test cases existing in other tools or mechanisms, uploading from other source not always work well. Sometimes there appears to be a dependency on the type of words (like a heading) but sometimes that is not the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jama is a good tool to use in order to correlate product requirements to test plans and test cases.

If you have already these existing in other tools or mechanisms, uploading these into Jama is not always straightforward.

software testing

Jama Product Development Platform review by User

"Great tool, but may duplicate efforts"

What do you like best?

Jama is a great tool for capturing requirements and building out test cases.

What do you dislike?

If your organization uses JIRA or some other software for tracking development, it can be hard to effectively use both tools. Developers don't want to go to Jama, they only want to go to JIRA, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just create a good plan for how to use the different software you might have at your organization and make sure you use each effectively

We used Jama as the final stop for requirements and the 'single truth' for requirements. That way you weren't trusting an outdated document. I think Jama was better used in waterfall development vs agile.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Over Night Full Team Engagement "

What do you like best?

All our groups are very happy with the tool – Previously with DOORS only Systems group used tool.

Our Product Management group, Systems (HW & SW) Engineering and Test Engineering are fully engaged using the tool on all projects.

Jama Support is very quick to address any issues being experienced with the tool

o e.g During the Product review meeting the session kept freezing. I issued a support ticket and within 24hr they were able to isolate the issue and provide a temporary fix so that our review wasn’t held up and within 48hrs the source of the error was resolved.

What do you dislike?

Exportation to WORD needs improvement from the generic template.

Jama is a tool that has made our requirements management and projects more successful with better tractability and collaboration.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Richard P.
Richard P.

"Jama is pretty good at doing what it does, with a few flaws."

What do you like best?

I like the user interface, generally. Some things about it are not great, but it's functional.

What do you dislike?

There are some business rules that Jama has implemented that, frankly, don't make sense to me. You can't have a test case in more than one test plan at a time. The use of test groups seems overly complex. The search function is iffy, not always returning what you'd expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clearly define your process and workflow and make sure that Jama fits with it. Jama is not very customizable, from my experience, so your process has to fit the product.

Test case repository & pass / fail status tracking. Requirements repository.

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Jama - Mordern Requirements Management solution"

What do you like best?

Captures requirements efficiently, pretty good requirements traceability options, baseline requirements easily, different views available, AGile ready, version tracking, test cases development, detailed workflows for estimation and manage project schedule.

What do you dislike?

Jama-JIRA connector was failing at times, training, FAQ material seems outdated, admins do not have enough permissions

Used it to capture requirements and managed testing. The container model for managing requirements is both easy to understand and to use. You can track the requirements through different phases, backwards and forwards as well as dependencies across requirements.FAQs and user guide could have been more exhaustive. Will surely use Jama in my future projects.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Ramy E.
Ramy E.

"Jama software"

What do you like best?

Jama is a great tool that help in our trace-ability, review and ability to get approval in one place.

What do you dislike?

Take more time to write the requirement, which add more time in our deliverable

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to take the time to properly setup the structure you want to use with Jama and if you need to import previous documentation, consider to do it and make all necessarily relation before jumping into it

Consolidate everything at one place

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Exceptional traceability; brilliant information sharing"

What do you like best?

When your team adopts JAMA, the entire process of generating, reviewing and verifying against specifications becomes engaging and rewarding.

JAMA enables conversations and reviews to occur within the context of the specifications themselves which allows anyone the capability to come up to speed on the history and justification of a specification quickly.

The traceability model in JAMA is exceptionally powerful, providing detailed impact analyses with minimal effort. As a systems architect, the value this creates is phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

JAMA, like all tools, is only as good as your use of it. Our team has struggled in the past and it was only through dedicated effort that we have been able to realise the benefits of JAMA.

The training material for JAMA, as well as their pre- and post-sales support are fantastic but the "check it out and tinker" experience (as most software engineers prefer) is not so great. JAMA suffers a little from the "blank slate" problem whereby a new, empty project can be a daunting prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should spend the time and money to understand the benefits of changing your workflow to integrate the use of JAMA as well as customizing JAMA to suit your needs.

I've specifically used JAMA to provide a traceability model from customer requirements, through use cases and system-level requirements down to indivudal subsystem and software unit acceptance criteria. From these specifications, Test Cases were derived and their statuses captured within JAMA.

The benefits, once we embraced the power of JAMA, were immense - being able to track the impact of changes through the entire system, including already executed tests, was phenomenal. This information allowed us to be proactive and lean, armed with the confidence that we were spending our time and money on the right things.

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Full of Potential"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the fluidity and completeness of the package from the requirements management all the way to the test plans. The customizability of the front page helps us display useful stats to the team and the generation of reports also assists greatly to generate documents of large sizes which are required by the standards we adhere to in our industry. If they fix some of the irritating quirks, I truly believe Jama can reach its full potential as a go-to solution for requirements management and testing for product design.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the Jama software also comes with many quirks which - if you're extremely unlucky Can set a project back. There were several problems we found related to the locks Jama put on test runs, which following certain sequences could allow other testers to potentially overwrite an test run's results, causing data to be lost. Some of Jama's strengths also highlight its weaknesses. For example, the customizability only extends to certain features, while the others remain rigid and unmalleable. One example of this is the fact that the test results/test runs do not have a link to the requirements, but rather to the test case. This adds an additional layer of referencing which can end up being very tedious if the test cases and the results have already been turned into hard-copy reports.

We specialize in designing and manufacturing products for our customers. Jama helps us streamline the process all the way from the customer and project head who decide upon requirements, down to the testers who run the tests, providing a good amount of visibility at all levels.

User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Effective Requirements Tracking and Verification Testing Tool"

What do you like best?

Jama provides a mechanism for linking together everything from inputs to verification execution. Documents can be generated from the information captured in Jama. Executing tests in Jama makes it easy to track progress and gather metrics.

What do you dislike?

The features of Jama are somewhat constrained by the implementation. For our purposes, the information must be exported to documents, and the constructs Jama allows don't always make it easy to reference different sections of Jama (aside from links directly back to Jama). The export functionality only allows spreadsheet exports to be of a pre-defined format.

The export overwrites the content control content. For example, if you set the Title content control in the template, the exported document will not have any text in the Title content control.

The test plans/runs features can be tricky to grasp. Additionally, the mechanisms allow tests to be updated, overwriting any existing test run even if it has data.

Our primary use for Jama is requirements tracking. We also use it for verification execution. The relationships feature allows us to trace requirements to tests and generate coverage reports easily.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Rakesh G.
Rakesh G.

"Jama Software Review"

What do you like best?

Very configurable. Review process is good

What do you dislike?

Review process is not tied to fields in items

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning and configuring your system. Make use of the custom item types. Make use of the review process. Spend time on a relationship mapping between item types.

Keeping track of engineering requirements. It is easier to structure and version requirements and documents

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"JAMA Requirements"

What do you like best?

JAMA provided a good product for creating and validating requirements. It was easy to share requirements across products.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to share requirement information with people who did not have a JAMA license. This made the review process difficult to manage. If you are using the product you have to use the whole product not just parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using this software - use the entire suite - but get the buy in from validation and development groups.

Requirement Management - was a great system for creating and maintaining requirements in a regulated business.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Jama Experiences"

What do you like best?

In general I am very happy that we have this product because it is widely used within our department/company and has proved to be very useful for our users. There are very few complaints or issues, and when there are, usually we (admins) are able to resolve the issue and or get immediate helpful friendly support from the Jama community/documentation.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have encountered which was difficult as an admin was upgrading to the new Jama 8 version in an airgapped environment. We had several firewall issues almost every step of the way and took a long time to get this resolved (collaborative effort from Jama support and our internal admins.)

Using this software has greatly helped our users with their productivity, effectiveness and overall efficiency with their projects and requirements.

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Requirements & Test Case management made easy with Jama."

What do you like best?

Jama has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to capture requirements and test cases, review, and manage relationships. Jama is simple to use but powerful to meet your needs.

What do you dislike?

As a medical device manufacturer, we are required to validate our software. If Jama could provide test protocols to conduct this validation that would be great.

Jama allows us to capture requirements, product risks, and test cases and then relate them together in order to create a Trace Matrix. In the past, this was a manual, cumbersome, time-consuming process.

Jama Product Development Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Semiconductors
G2 Crowd User in Semiconductors

"Jama Review"

What do you like best?

Jama is a real wonderful tool to track addition of new features to a software and to enhance existing capabilities. I personally consider a lot of value for this tool in the project management cycle due to the abilities and permissions it can provide. I like the read-only feature of the tool since the specs can be written by one team and the implementing team can just read and access it without changing it.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is the lack of integration support with most of the common agile products. This is a pretty big deal considering the fact that a company can use different tools from different companies to take care of its agile software development process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do believe that Jama is a pretty good product to use for agile software development

The main business problem solved through Jama is that I can collect customer data and turn it into a feature for a future release of my software.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Review of Jama 2015.3 On Premise"

What do you like best?

Jama Software offers an easy to use product and is constantly seeking feedback on what we like and dislike about their product. Their support is outstanding and they are always quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Jama Software is working to help those of us in the regulated fields by working towards publishing their test cases and test results. Upgrades take us a while as we need to produce the evidence for each version upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jama consultants are an invaluable resource. Take advantage of their help when setting up your environments.

Tracebility between use cases, requirements and test cases is critical to our work. Jama Software makes the tracebility easy and we are able to quickly produce reports showing these links.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to Use Platform which has proven benefical to the business for years"

What do you like best?

I like the permissions structure, which is straightforward and easy for users to understand.

What do you dislike?

I would like more administrative functions to help determine if a Jama project is still active. Maybe reminders to project/content owners to update/archive content/projects.

Also a tool to help with inactive users to help manage licenses would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for requirements management and document collaboration.

We use Jama to manage the changes to product documentation and in some cases document collaboration.

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Computer Software

"Jama upgrade"

What do you like best?

The Customer support is responsive and detailed

What do you dislike?

Moving to Jama 8 is a BIG change. In general, I have stayed away from docker. I've heard some painful tales about it and it seems to be a solution in search of a problem that I don't have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jama has strong opinions about using their hosted solution. Give it some thought, but chart your own course.

Consensus around requirements and priorities

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Internet

"Review."

What do you like best?

Mostly i like that as user you can quick navigate through the project tree. Also u can easy create Test Plans and run them.

What do you dislike?

Export TC in Excel is very bad. Also u can't share link for the particular TC. Actually you can but its to complicate and u need to explain how to do that. You need each time to refresh the page to see that something was edited. Difficult to understand hot to leave comment and how to see that somebody left it for you. No integration with Jira.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are used jama as test management tool.

"Requirements made easy"

What do you like best?

Modern interface and logical flow to requirements tracking.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive to get a template set up to export your requirements into a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try to use it in the middle of a project / program. It is best used from the beginning rather than forcing its use half way through your development.

We are a product realization company, so we help our customers conceptualize, design, develop, test, and manufacture products. Jama has been a big step to help us wrap our arms around projects that have tons of requirements.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Indispensible to managing business and software requirements"

What do you like best?

The software is pretty robust. We have experienced few problems, and when we do, they have top-notch Level 1 and Level 2 support; also because we are an international company, the fact that the have EU support, etc. is also quite helpful.

What do you dislike?

While the Jama community is an excellent way to ask questions and suggest "enhancements," I think some are a bit slow to come to market. For example, easier ways to make MS-Word output and Jama perform more seamlessley.

Great flexibility and a way to track and integrate sofware and business needs.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"We Track Requirements With It"

What do you like best?

It does a good job of letting us track requirements while we develop software.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to track lots of small project simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth giving a try.

We're using it to track requirements for our customers while we build good software for them.

Jama Product Development Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications
G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and fast to use. It has a lot of different options that fit any needs. Everything that may be needed in a project already in Jama. Test management is mostly used and everyone provided great feedback of a tool. Easy to create test cases

What do you dislike?

Not a big amount of reporters. It would be good to have more types of reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try and you will like it

Test management and requirements tool

Jama Product Development Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Worked on few big projects by using Jama"

What do you like best?

Requirements, test scenarios, test cases can be collected in one place with relations between them

A lot of report types, which are very useful

What do you dislike?

Not easy way to move existing test cases

Not easy way to create test plans

Dislike way of TC's links creation for mailing

Gathering all basic info about project in one place. Ability to work within Jama (not only reports creation and reading of requirements)

Jama Product Development Platform review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"Good Requirement tracking. "

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty straight forward. Easy to track the requirement along with the test cases prepared to accommodate those requirements.

What do you dislike?

The integration between JAMA and Excel when there is a heavy manual testing done with the help of Excel, it is one tough task to integrate those two.

Requirement and defect tracking.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Jama was a good tool where we managed our requirements and test cases"

What do you like best?

I liked that we could relate everything across the SDLC, even connecting to our JIRA system for our development process.

What do you dislike?

Licensing costs became prohibitive to full expansion

Desired a requirements management tool where we could provide tractability across the SDLC and share with external clients and have a feedback loop that was efficient

Jama Product Development Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Easy to organize requirements. Able to specify test cases and define relationships to other items

What do you dislike?

Sometimes not the most easiest software to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. try it out!

Requirement gathering. Able to keep them organized

Jama Product Development Platform review by Administrator

"Robust Product Management Lifecycle Toolset"

What do you like best?

UI and the ability to configure widgets was great. Easy to use and learning curve is low.

Supported the product management lifecycle from idea to execution

What do you dislike?

Lacked portfolio management capabilities

Other technical limitations prevented the whole organization from adopting it.

Product management requirements tracking

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Jama experience "

What do you like best?

Easy and good organization from this product.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes crashes and loads really slow when trying to load items.

Helped with organizing project info in one spot in addition to testing.

Jama Product Development Platform review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Powerful, but not easy to use"

What do you like best?

Customized export templates for Microsoft Office

What do you dislike?

Reviewing, searching, linking to documents

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too expensive and not easy to use

Use of Jama as requirements and test case management system

Jama Product Development Platform review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Very collborative and productive platform for requirements and bugs management"

What do you like best?

Traceability between requirements, artifacts, change requests, bugs all in one platform in addition to customizable workflows.

What do you dislike?

Standard reports can be enhanced including KPIs and insights

Managing onshore-offshore SDLC cycle. JAMA offers us a centralized highly collaborative platform.

Jama Product Development Platform review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. For people who are just starting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when it freezes. this is very frustrating

team management

Learning about Jama Product Development Platform?

* We monitor all Jama Product Development Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.