Jamf Now

3.9

Apple device management can be time-consuming work, especially if IT is not your day job. Make iOS and macOS device setup easy, so you can spend your valuable time doing other work. Jamf Now, formerly Bushel, is a cloud-based MDM solution for the iPads, iPhones and Macs in your workplace. Device management is fast, accessible and affordable, so you can support your users without help from IT.

Work for Jamf Now?

Learning about Jamf Now?

Jamf Now Reviews

Ask Jamf Now a Question
Showing 10 Jamf Now reviews
Jamf Now review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Easily manage hundreds of clients"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to access the JAMF portal from any device on our network. This is particularally helpful when we are using JAMFTools on the mac, and can create and manage policies on the windows web browser. I like that we are able to use smart groups as criteria for smart groups. By doing this, it makes it easy to push and categorize the scope for various policies, enforcing what groups can get what software

What do you dislike?

It can be INCREDIBLY slow. Because of using multiple servers, clients, etc, sometimes you have to be patient when running large jobs and sending large items. Because we use JAMFTools on our macs, there are several accounts we must use. JAMFComposer can often be picky about what it wants to and doesn't want to package, and how it works. It assums you want to do a before/after image install, but this is not always the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary as to device counts, as it may get pricy, as I believe we pay per device.

We are able to manage 303 Macs all from one console / config application. Because of this, any one of our support staff members can push policy to the macs using JAMFRemote, and see results and logs quickly. We are able to put in different maintenence scripts and policies for users as well, such as mounting network drives, adding printers, etc. This makes it easy for USERS to troubleshoot.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jamf Now
Jamf Now review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Jamf Now- Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is connect to customer support for Jamf Now! They're chat enables me to connect and get my questions answered right away. It is so convenient, especially since I was completely new to device management. The customer support assistants are extremely helpful and knowledgeable of their product.

What do you dislike?

One think I don't like about this product is that I am unable to re-name my devices. For example, because I did not know this when connecting devices, I named all of them after the people who would be using them at the time. When one person turned their device in, I went to change their device name on Jamf to a generic name, and I am unable to do so. So even though on Jamef, the device's name shows up as "Bob", i just need to remember that Bob no longer physically has that device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Jamf Now for mobile device management on just their customer service alone. One thing that is a little annoying however are the layout of their website; it's not as intuitive as I think it could be. With that being said however, their customer support chat is so helpful, when I do need help navigating the website, I can always get my questions answered right away.

Jamf Now allows me to send automatic updates and control what is downloaded and how devices are used, all while sitting at my computer. It's very helpful, because instead of people rushing be at board meetings to ask "how do I update this app?", I can make sure everything is completed and updated with out them having to do anything.

What Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution do you use?

Jamf Now review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Low touch management of apple devices for SMB"

What do you like best?

Easy to add Apple devices to JAMF platform and keep track of inventory. Not invasive so engineers do not worry too much about a heavy "tracking" solution (if you need that I believe you'd need more than JAMF Now). They recently implemented the ability to have multiple admins of the JAMF cloud. The price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The solution fits our needs at around 25 devices.

Ability to keep track of all our Macs in one place and know that we can remotely wipe any JAMF installated machine if stolen.

Jamf Now review by Ethan L.
Ethan L.

"Ideal hardware management solution if your team's gear is all Apple"

What do you like best?

Can manage both iOS and OS X devices. Automatically configures all email settings and apps across devices. Can also export all device information to a CSV file for further reference.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could become a large overhead if a huge number of devices are being managed. Luckily our team is very small ($2/month is still reasonable at this scale).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use Bushel when managing updates and the security of an Apple hardware fleet. The name Bushel refers to the 'collection' of apple devices managed.

We have a small number of devices to manage for our small dev team. While findmyiPhone and such functionality is natively built into these devices, the ability to track and manage from one portal simplifies everything. Being able to sync updates on all devices and the remote lock/wipe functionality all within one portal are the most important features for us. Managing many more devices (such as a school or firm) is when the benefits would truly become most apparent.

Jamf Now review by Kyle B.
Kyle B.

"Low Price for Small Feature Set"

What do you like best?

Price is right - cheapest way to manage smaller fleet of devices with some customization. Easy enrollment and tie-in with VPP.

What do you dislike?

Missing features that other low-cost MDMs include, like location tracking and Munki integration.

Replaced Profile Manager as a reliable, low-cost MDM.

Jamf Now review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best MDM software. "

What do you like best?

I like the personalization. The fact that I can get all the information I need from a users computer and also push updates and scripts.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little clunky at times. Like it has been pieced together too fast.

Information from specific Macs are sent to us so we don’t need to ask the user.

Jamf Now review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is the only reasonable solution for MDM and Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Wish it supported multiple logins for an account.

Mobile Device Management (MDM), remote wipe, enforcing security policy.

Jamf Now review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Best way to setup all your Apple devices without lose time"

What do you like best?

Now I manage all my device in a very easy way. I can configure emails, wifi network and install apps from the App Store to all of my devices. I save a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

The price per month is not fixed, it depend from the number of devices that you have. Can be really expensive if you have many devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of devices can be expensive. It cost 2$ per device

Distribute and manage software to all of my devices.

Jamf Now review by User in Information Technology and Services

"End user, minimal use"

What do you like best?

I like it best when it works and operating our classroom iPads goes smoothly

What do you dislike?

When it kicks back an error message preventingthe iPad to log in and allow downloads to our classroom iPads

Being an end user, I am unfamiliar with what solution this brings to the school district

Jamf Now review by User

"Jamf Now"

What do you like best?

I like to use connect with other devices and monitor activity.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes go down causing us to slow down our work flow

System monitoring

Learning about Jamf Now?

* We monitor all Jamf Now reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.