Jamf Pro

A complete Apple management solution for IT pros to empower users and simplify the deployment, inventory, and security of Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Designed to automate device management for you while driving end-user productivity and creativity, Jamf Pro (formerly Casper Suite) is the EMM tool that delights IT pros and the users they support by delivering on the promise of unified endpoint management for Apple devices.

Work for Jamf Pro?

Learning about Jamf Pro?

Jamf Pro Reviews

Showing 186 Jamf Pro reviews
Jamf Pro review by <span>Justin T.</span>
Justin T.

"Jamf is a great tool for managing your IOS devices."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to push apps individual devices, The ability to remotely wipe or lock out lost or stolen devices. Just overall ease of use within the GUI of the software. I like having a cloud option to run the software out of, these eases the burden of having another onsite server to manage. One of my favorite features is being able to push a preferred WIFI profile to my devices so I know they are all of the correct SSID.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to push books to individual devices the same way you can push out apps. This is a particular hurdle for our music department. Renewing all of the certificates every year between JAMF and apple can be a bit of a pain. I wish these could be renewed for 3 years at a time. I have had a few small features get broken when are JAMF was updated. Then I had to wait until a new version was released to resolve a known issue with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

We had a number of iPad's being used in our district and had no control over them. We needed and MDM to be able to stay on top of this. We had apps being purchased more than one time because of lost apple id's or people just not knowing the software was already added onto another device. We were searching for a way to manage these devices without having to physically track them down and touch them every single time they wanted an app installed or needed to be on the wifi.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jamf Pro
Jamf Pro review by <span>Arno K.</span>
Arno K.

"A good experience"

What do you like best?

I like the power of jamf. Being able to create exention attributes is by far the most powerful thing about it for me.

Also I am now starting to experiment with preference files and custom plist with configuations profiles.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of setup. I am still having troubles setting things up. The certificates are a bit unclear to me. My quickadd package does not work because of this. I also don't like things like the login triggers not being supported anymore because apple does not support that anymore. It should be engineered by jamf to make these things work out of the box once more, not by having to create all sorts of launchdaemons myself. That's why I got a thing like jamf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great piece of software. It's just not easy with a company like apple.

I took over the mac computer management from another guy who was working with ARD.

Jamf made it easier to deploy new softwares, update them. Update computers with the apple patches, provide the users with problem solving scripts in their app stores, managing profiles with settings on all machines, and so on

What Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution do you use?

Jamf Pro review by <span>Tony Q.</span>
Tony Q.

"The best Apple platform management software"

What do you like best?

A Mobile Device Management (MDM) service compliments each other, between Apple and JAMF.

It also works with Apple official programs like Device Enrollment Program and Volum Purchase Program, the integration with Apple services is the best thing about Jamf Pro, you can fully use all Apple features with Jamf Pro.

The interface is clear, very easy to manage, it also provides useful information that we could not get anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Price can be a little bit high for SMBs. I am aware that Jamf offer Jamf Now or small businesses, but the feature can be quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of other platforms offers the similar features, but Jamf Pro definitely compliments Apple spirit, could be the most reliable and easy to use platform.

Mobile Device Managment for all our Apple equipment and Apple devices related campaigns;

Inventory management with DEP;

Application (in-house and App Store) distribution and deployment.

It works really steady, we rely on the platform.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Kaho T.</span>
Kaho T.

"Best MDM Solution hands down"

What do you like best?

Everything really from the product to the training courses to the support staff. Absolutely awesome.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about JAMF so far it has been good

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an MDM solution this is the one to go for, we had a look at other solutions but find that they are limited to what it can do. JAMF offers much more features, you may not use them all but you never know what the future may hold. We started by just using it for our iOS devices now we are using it with our Mac OS devices. Pay per number of devices to use the software and get support as well. Oh yeah the JAMF Nation community is like the best forum to seek answers to anything JAMF. If you run into any issue 95% chance someone already found a fix for it in the forum.

We have over 1000 Apple Devices from Mac OS devices to iOS devices. JAMF Pro allows swift and centralised management. Renders manual setup and management redundant which we absolutely love cause of the number of IT personnel in our organisation.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Aidan P.</span>
Aidan P.

"Best Apple Management Platform bar none."

What do you like best?

We use JAMF Pro to manage ~900 Macs and ~100 iPads and it allows us to fully managed all aspects of the devices with ease. Software and hardware inventory are very easily obtained, along with software deployment and zero-touch device deployment. JAMF Pro also offers zero day support for new models from Apple.

Documentation is excellent and the community site (JAMF Nation) is also very useful for getting help or information from other JAMF Pro users.

JAMF Support is very responsive to support issues and they have a local team in Australia as well, so you don't have to rely on time zone differences to receive support.

What do you dislike?

There are often bugs in each new release, especially major releases. JAMF are usually quick to address them, though sometimes they quite a long time before they are fixed.

Some elements of the UI in the admin console are confusing and it's not immediately obvious where to find certain settings (for example, LDAP group membership).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you setup a DEV environment for testing new releases before updating your production instance to see if there are any major bugs in each new release.

We are able to provision new devices with JAMF Pro and the Apple Device Enrolment Program with ease, as well as packaging software for end users to install via Self Service. The user experience is vastly improved compared to before we started using JAMF Pro.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jacob G.</span>
Jacob G.

"It just always works."

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro once up and running functions great. Jamf has updates to work with new Apple features as soon as they are available. The support is great, very helpful and knowledgeable about their product.

What do you dislike?

I have had updates cause the system to stop working, but as long as you create a backup first it is not the end of the word. This is rare. I have only had this occur twice in over 2 years of using Jamf Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a program that works and does what it says, get Jamf Pro. It is difficult to get up and running, but once you have it working you will love it.

I use Jamf Pro to manage our prek-6th grade iPads for our school district. Over 500 iPads controlled between two buildings all on one mac mini. The functionality of the system is great, there is very little I would change.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Tim L.</span>
Tim L.

"Unmatched quality and support for Apple EMM"

What do you like best?

Support, focus on user empowerment and user experience, focus on native and reliable Apple experience with minimum “workarounds” which are often employed by competitors

What do you dislike?

Ha, not much! There are some bottlenecks I and minor gripes I have with the JSS UI, even though that is soon changing. For example, I would love the ability to do “bulk” actions more, like mass delete policies or scripts without using the API. I would also like the web app to load faster as a cloud customer - those extra few seconds make a huge difference

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the Mac particularly, please do NOT consider any other product. None of them has the capability or reliability or understanding of the Mac platform. Many competitors do basic “MDM” but you need to go beyond that with class-A inventory management, security compliance, packaging and other management tasks

Jamf helps us work towards full user self-service and automation of our Mac deployment

Jamf Pro review by <span>Samuel M.</span>
Samuel M.

"A power product for power users"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro allows us the flexibility to manage our environment as we need. Unlike Active Directory, Jamf is extensible and allows us to collect data, manage, and configure endpoints on our own terms.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more 1st-party support and product offerings and breadcrumbs throughout the application. There’s a lot of clicks to get simple things done. An in-line script editor and package upload utility would be useful!

We have a massive fleet of systems on campus which are in a multitude of locations. Our current self-service utility, BigFix, is slow and cumbersome, and not user friendly. With Jamf Pro we are able to leverage thoughtful self service, endpoint deployment, and overall manage our customer support and service experience from end to end while reducing overall technician hours. Software which normally would take hours to deploy and lots of babysitting would now be only a click away, no tech time necessary.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jared N.</span>
Jared N.

"Jamf makes Mac and iOS management a breeze"

What do you like best?

The University of Oklahoma libraries have been using Jamf for years, and I only just started this past summer 2017 in the role as Mac/Jamf admin. Jamf has made being a Mac admin in a larger higher-Ed environment for easiest and more enjoyable for things like deployments and troubleshooting, using scripting/automation, imaging, and patch management.

What do you dislike?

There’s not too much that I dislike, however I do wish that their was an official Jamf app for my iPhone that worked better than the mobile version of JSS. Also, as a newish user to Jamf/JSS, it would be cool if there were some kind of hoverable question mark type icons in JSS that would give brief explanations for some of the different aspects of the JSS, rather than having to jump out of the JSS and search for answers in the Jamf documnetion and Jamf forums (both of which are great).

Mass deployment, inventory management, patch management, imaging and reimaging

Jamf Pro review by <span>Sandy H.</span>
Sandy H.

"jamf Pro- Best for iOS-OS X Enterprise Management"

What do you like best?

As a long time customer, there are many things I could include here, but time and again the number one has to be the level of support provided.

I have never had a case closed without resolution.

I have never had a support contact drop my issue.

I have never had my support specialist declare any issue to be "Third Party" and not their problem.

What do you dislike?

I guess if I have to list something here, i dislike that I do not have the time to delve into every feature that is offered in the standard jamf Pro Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization wants top quality in product features and support, then jamf Pro is the only choice!

jamf also promises and delivers on Zero-Day support on Apple iOS and OS X Operating System releases.

As a systems administrator for a K12 school district, I manage over 4200 iOS devices and 2200 OS X devices. Without jamf Pro, I cannot imagine what this would look like, but my guess is, it would be a mess.

My jamf Pro system is robust and agile. ! can manage situations that arise quickly and with minimal impact to network or end user.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Weldon D.</span>
Weldon D.

"Why we use Jamf Pro"

What do you like best?

We rely on Apple's Device Enrollment Program for iOS devices and Jamf has a great solution for automatic enrollment and management. MDM is critical for iOS deployments and Jamf Pro provides all the features we need there. On the Mac side of the house, we specifically rely Jamf Pro for FileVault encryption management across our fleet of computers. We also use many of the other management features for configuration and compliance.

What do you dislike?

The patch management solution for keeping software up-to-date on the Mac platform is a weak point. We use other tools here to simplify package management and patching. The reporting is helpful, but requires a lot of manual setup and configuration to get just right. It would be nice if there were more built-in or pre-packaged reports to guide you to proactive solutions for issues that are reported with endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the idea of "one piece of glass" to manage disparate platforms is overrated. I believe it's better to choose the best tool for each platform, and Jamf Pro is the best tool for the Apple platforms.

We provide education and business customers with fully managed solutions to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor iOS and Mac devices. Jamf Pro provides the foundation for our management stack, even though we also draw on other commercial and OSS solutions. We have realized significant productivity enhancements by being able to build automated, repeatable, and monitored solutions to common issues.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Matthew D.</span>
Matthew D.

"Jamf Pro is amazing!"

What do you like best?

I like how with a click of a few buttons I can automate a task that would take my team weeks to complete. I like the quick response and thoroughness from Jamf Support. After moving from open source management solutions to JAMF I have had much more time to implement ways that increases the quality of service for our environment.

What do you dislike?

While Jamf is working hard on implementing patch management, I wish it was here sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the time that is spent trying to get the other products to work for you and you will likely see it is worth the money.

We are able to image a computer and have a computer on a users desk within the hour. If I need to push out a policy in order to comply with our security team's request I can do that. We are able to store File Vault recovery keys on the Jamf server, in the event that someone is out of town and needs to get into their computer than can. We pull application usage logs in our computer lab environment to justify the need for licensed software.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

"Jamf Pro is great and getting better"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is easy to use, yet extensible and flexible. It makes it easy to manage 10-10,000 devices! Most importantly, Jamf Pro was/is developed with Apple products, and for Apple products. Jamf also doesn't outsource support, it is done in house. Response times when dealing with support have been excellent. This is one of my biggest issues with other vendors. The product is only as good as the service backing it. Jamf is all over it, and they are ready when new iOS features are released by Apple out of the gate

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is the documentation, specifically the docs that reference making OS, Java, Apache Tomcat, or MySQL changes. Those pieces of information are often vague, which JAMF says is intentional due to many supported server configurations. I would personally like to see more detailed "best practice" documentation for the 4 major supported OS's: OS X, Ubuntu Server, RHEL, and Windows Server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro offers one of the best "out of box" experiences in my opinion around Apple device management. I would suggest going through the official training if possible however, and having someone on staff certified depending on your businesses size.

I image Mac's, manage and update software, and control security settings. I've come to value how well JAMF Pro works for enforcing security policies and restrictions across a wide variety of devices.

Jamf Pro review by <span>David Y.</span>
David Y.

"Jamf is the best!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Jamf for over 5 years now and it's been a wonderful tool to manage our K-12 devices - both laptops and iPads. It provides an extremely intuitive interface for managing app deployment and an all-encompassing toolset for creating packages and deploying software to laptops. We've also utilized the Shared Model sync from PowerSchool > ASM > Jamf which is a great way to get iPads into the most student hands until we go fully 1-to-1.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot of negatives to report about Jamf overall. It's a pretty rock-solid product which they keep up to code with Apple's latest releases. If I had to pick something to complain about, right now I'd say I'm not as happy with support. Usually support is top-notch, and I have no doubt that they will get my system up and running in a pinch, but if it's a bug or glitch or something simple that you want to chat about and make sense of it's felt like pulling teeth with the first level of support and I pretty much just avoid it and go straight to my Apple rep to bounce those questions around. I used to have a solid relationship with our previous account reps but not so much right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some free MDM options out there, but in my opinion Jamf is well worth the money for our deployment of over 5,000 devices and growing. Even as we've added more devices, the tiered pricing has allowed it to be competitively priced to absorb those costs. They are also not working with Apple School Manager and PowerSchool to allow for sync'ing over of data, which is working great.

Jamf has been great for app deployment, software deployment, filtering of devices, restriction of permissions and software, the ability to find lost devices (lock), and creating Classes in both shared and single user modes.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Ashley S.</span>
Ashley S.

"Jamf Pro is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

SELF SERVICE app is the best thing since moving to Macintosh OS in our school! This allows our IT department more time to work on more pressing matters since our teachers/staff/students can go get the apps they need asap using Self Service.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to say anything bad about Jamf. Their support specialists are the best! They are always there to support us. The only thing I would say needs to be better is the price of the classes they offer. It is very expensive, but I feel is the best way to understand how to use the product to the fullest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the classes offered by Jamf Pro. Helps understand how to use the product.

Mobile Device Management! I can manage 600+ devices seamlessly using Jamf Pro. There are so many benefits including Self Service and DEP (Device Enrollment Program) PreStage Enrollment. The DEP PreStage Enrollment allows use to distribute computers without imaging. Zero touch enrollment! It is amazing!!! This saves so much time and energy.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Manos S.</span>
Manos S.

"There's A Reason Jamf Pro is the Standard for Mac and iOS Management"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is easy to use, yet extensible and flexible. It makes it easy to manage 10-10,000 devices! Most importantly, Jamf Pro was/is developed with Apple products, and for Apple products. Jamf doesn't spread itself too thin trying to make sure that they can support every OS and product under the sun. This specialization has helped ensure that Jamf offers zero-day support for new releases.

What do you dislike?

While Jamf Pro's learning curve isn't steep, it can be a little daunting to wrap your head around what it offers. Also, the start-up isn't exactly 'turn-key'. You'll need the Jamf Jump-start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not saying that Jamf Pro is expensive, but look for more than price when looking at a MDM solution. Also, IMO, Jamf Pro is also the one solution that's the most tightly integrated with Apple.

We're managing thousands of Macs, (and some iPads as well) across five continents, with a small staff! What we're realizing is that our Windows management, which has long been seen as the 'leader' in terms of device management is just catching up to what we've been doing with Jamf Pro.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"A great solution for schools"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of customization available and it can be built around what makes sense for your organization as opposed to a cookie cutter approach.

What do you dislike?

While JAMF likes to update their software as soon as possible, there have been a few times they have rushed to update resulting in issues that can take a few days to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot more complicated than you may think to set up. So before doing anything, think of how you would like to ideally like to manage your devices and create a step by step plan, and then discuss it with the person who will help you set up so you are both on the same page.

We no longer have to touch each and every iPad or enter Apple ID passwords. Teachers and librarians have the ability to manage their own devices, and wipe them at the end of the year so they are fresh with the same software for the new year.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Brian N.</span>
Brian N.

"JAMF allowed my small business to bring IT in house"

What do you like best?

We love JAMF Pro's ease of use and quick setup time. Within a few days we were able to deploy and start testing in our environment. It has allowed us to automate many IT tasks and eliminate our need for expensive outside consultants.

What do you dislike?

We wish that the patch management was a little more full featured. We know this is a feature that is coming in version 10 and are very excited!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better solution for Apple in the enterprise.

We have an all Mac environment, and through JAMF, we are able to ensure our users get the best Apple experience. For our small business (<50 employees), we were able to bring our IT in house, and it free'd up a lot of time previously spent with desk-side assistance.

Jamf Pro review by <span>jennifer S.</span>
jennifer S.

"JAMF service"

What do you like best?

The technical support can walk you through anything! They are patient, they do not give up and they follow up! Can't ask for any more than that!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have encountered that was annoying was the EST. I am on the east coast so I start work earlier than the call center number I had for support. I have not encountered that problem in a while so maybe it is corrected or maybe I haven't had morning problems!!

I work in a school district. JAMF is great for managing our Apple devices. It helps that all our apps can be managed through one place and keeping track of the updates etc. are all done with JAMF.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"Simplified, powerful management"

What do you like best?

Jamf has been a game changer for our Mac and iOS administration. Compared to our SCCM management of Windows, we have a much higher level of confidence in our ability to determine what is occurring on our Mac endpoints, in the success (or failure) of our software deployments and updates, and in our security compliance.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, the price has continued to be an issue; we pay it because it’s necessary. Also, given that our FileVault verification is stored in Jamf, we are stuck either losing historical encryption data for audit purposes or paying for extra licenses to maintain endpoint records. This only further exacerbates the cost concern.

We are able to keep our payroll positions for Mac support and admin at a minimum because of the simplicity and power that Jamf provides. Our Mac admin has been able to fully manage our Mac fleet from imaging on through the lifecycle AND pick up other significant responsibilities because Jamf takes care to f so much of his work for him.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Brett J.</span>
Brett J.

"Highly Recommended - Best in its class!"

What do you like best?

It is EXTREMELY easy to use. Configuration and back end setup can be a bit daunting, especially if you're new to Apple device management, but use of the JAMF product on a day to day basis is borderline common sense.

What do you dislike?

I work in a K-12 institution and the biggest reason I love JAMF Pro so much is that it allows me to solve issues before they even become issues. For example, in the past VPN's have been a big issue here, kids trying to circumvent the network restrictions, however with JAMF it's extremely easy for us to keep undesired software, apps, and configurations off of our kids' devices.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Doug E.</span>
Doug E.

"Essential tool for a Mac environment"

What do you like best?

taks that used to take hours to accomplish across all our devices (and we don't even have that many) now take minutes thanks to Jamf Pro.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty steep. The documentation is good, but when it comes to learning how to get form point A to point D it takes some extra trial and error to find the best path: A to B to C to D? Or Can I go A to D? A to B to D?

The UI and UX needs some work, but v10 which is coming soon will address both of those.

The biggest pain point, patch management, is getting a fix too with v10.

V10 will be a huge upgrade that will eliminate many of the weaknesses, but none of them are that big a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! I wish we had made this move years ago. The cost to get up and running is a bit steep with the Jumpstart, but its so worth it once you get it in your environment.

-Deployment of new hardware in minutes with no hands on IT needed

-Re-imaging existing hardware in minutes vs hours

-enforcing security policies

-enabling users to self service their machines, makes them feel empowered and in control and dramatically reduces IT costs

Jamf Pro review by <span>John M.</span>
John M.

"Great product from a great company"

What do you like best?

Extension attributes and smart groups are probably my most used features in jamf pro. Giving us the ability to use scripts to collect information and then search based on it is very useful.

I also love that they do take their customers' requests seriously and respond to many of them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes jamf focuses on adding new features to the product instead of fixing features that do not work properly, or have stopped working since a patch release.

I wish jamf would implement a built-in solution for pushing out configuration profiles instead of relying on the APNS; the APNS can be spotty at times and even fail completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you go through the training and really get hands on with a dev environment. I would also recommend taking the jamf courses, they're really helpful!

Check out jamfnation if you need anything, it's full of super smart, helpful people who are customers just like you.

One other suggestion, learn to write some scripts, it's super useful!

We manage many machines that are used for different things; labs, laptops, studios, etc., we were able to utilize policies to set up docks for every user based on the computer they were using and based on what applications are installed.

We also utilize the imaging quite often since we're not using DEP. The thin imaging has made our workflow so much easier than using a monolithic image, especially since we have so many different varieties of machine and use.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Justin R.</span>
Justin R.

"I am a Lead Mac Systems Administrator at Clinton Public School District"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage and push out software. There is no way we would be able to manage an enviroment of over 6000 devices without this great software.

What do you dislike?

the occasional unreliability, when it works its great but when it doesn't it will throw you for a loop. Luckily the support is very good and they can usually get you up and running again pretty quick as long as it isn't anything crazy

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use the same software all the big guys use this is the way to go. I haven't used the others because i know what kinds of companies use this product and if jamf wants to keep going they will continue to innovate in the management sector the way they have been.

We have over 3500 computers that we manage and about the same amount of ipads. it would take a massive staff to accomplish this without an MDM like jamf.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Lance B.</span>
Lance B.

"Jamf Pro has helped our company manage MACs so much better!! I would be lost without it. "

What do you like best?

The self service portal is very helpful. The Pre-Stage enrollment helps me setup computers easier, Were able to remote wipe and lock computers which is helpful, The support is AWESOME and fast

What do you dislike?

I wish the skip user create on pre stage enrollment worked-was told their was a bug and a fix is in the works, I wish I came across more free training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is an amazing tool and software to have in your environment. It's features and uses's are never ending. It's sometimes confusing on how to do something because their is so many ways to do it. Trial and error. Support is very quick at responding and awesome to work with.

computer management, software management, software deployments, Asset security

Jamf Pro review by <span>Josh H.</span>
Josh H.

"Jamf Pro is the Best Tool for Macs"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Jamf Pro is how they constantly keep up with Apple's changing ecosystem and features. They constantly provide updates that allow us to manage all the latest functionality from Apple.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that has been a pain point is the clunkiness of the web interface and the lack of UX changes to the web interface as more features have been added as well as to their Jamf Pro application suite.

This tool has given us unparalleled control over patch management, onboarding and deployment, and meeting security requirements of our institution. When a software changes or a patch needs to be deployed, we are able to react quickly using Jamf Pro to scope and deploy these using granular controls.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

"JAMF Pro best management product for the Mac"

What do you like best?

JAMF has great tools that allow any Mac admin to easily manage and configure apple devices and provide excellent user experience. The best thing about JAMF is the excellent support the offer to all their customers as well the JAMF nation user community.

What do you dislike?

If i have to say one thing i dislike is the fact that i still have to rely on Markdown syntax for self-service. Please allow HTML

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan on taking all the certifications classes, they really help a lot and is a great investment

JAMF Pro has allowed us "Mac Admins" at Macy's Inc. to maintain proper software and security compliance which in the past was a very difficult task for us to achieve with other tools.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Chris G.</span>
Chris G.

"Got Macs or iOS devices in your environment? JAMF is a no brainer"

What do you like best?

Super powerful and intuitive for mac and ios administration. JAMF Cloud has made this service even more obtainable without the need for on-site hardware. I can not wait to dive into JAMF Pro 10 and set up patch management.

What do you dislike?

There isnt too much I dislike but I do wish JAMF cloud was a little quicker .....but this is nitpicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the CCT course to really get the most out of your JAMF Pro instance. There are also great classes such as the CCA and CCE which will expand your knowledge even further.

Setting up security best practices such as screen locks and restricted software lists so help keep unwanted software off computers.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Brian L.</span>
Brian L.

"Great Product, great support, great community"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use with simple logic to control both iOS and macOS. Configuration profiles allow for easy to use settings to control. Self Service allows for easy dissemination of approved applications to your users.

What do you dislike?

they're limited to what apple allows - but that's the nature of the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will give you the best of breed experience controlling macOS in your environment. There is a lot to achieve when using JAMF Pro it all depends on your organizations needs. Once you start using the product you will find more ways to keep using it.

I have granular control over our Mac environment, currently implementing NAC on the computer side which allows us to lock down our network. JAMF Pro has been very helpful to easily push out the proper certificates and see which computers are having issues.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Only Way To Go"

What do you like best?

The incredible ease of use when paired with DEP to image both iOS and MacOS devices is unrivaled.

Also, the flexibility to completely restrict and manage both device types from anywhere saves a lot of time and money for remote workers.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more outside integrations built into the platform. The ability to have a single pane of glass view is important; the new deal with Microsoft brings that a bit IF you are using Intune also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go Hosted! The level of effort required to maintain the tenant is literally zero; I get an email about once a month that it will be unavailable for a very small, convenient, and FLEXIBLE maintenance window and that is it.

Jamf allows us to put in place real device restrictions as well as keep tabs on any device that may go AWOL from anywhere. This level of agility cannot be found in another platform without some clumsy and often unnecessary sand boxing of apps that can cause other compatibility issues.

Jamf Pro review by User

"New to JAMF"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for deploying VPP apps to devices

What do you dislike?

Since I've only used JAMF to deploy apps I can't really say there is anything I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Jamf Pro has reduced the amount of tech hands-on hours that we spent managing the devices in our district. With one central management system for our Apple Devices we are able to lock down how we want our devices and users to act in our domain.

Since we are an educational user we are able to make sure that students & teachers are not randomly downloading apps or altering the devices system setup. Using JAMF to manage our products has cut down on the tech time we spent cleaning up what users had done on their apple devices.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Brad S.</span>
Brad S.

"Great MDM but starting lose ground in Education"

What do you like best?

Rock solid MDM features. It's not too complex to use, yet it has powerful backend management features. Smart groups are one of its strongest features.

What do you dislike?

Being in education I rate based upon education features. This is where JAMF is loosing focus. The Casper Focus App was the first and best app for iPad classroom management a few years ago. Now that has changed and it's missing innovative features. One major short coming is the way it handles classes. If a teacher locks iPads and some of those lose Wifi access, you'll have to wipe the iPad. This could be avoided if JAMF set and expiration time on the configuration profile it's dishing out. This is something two competitors have figured out and resolved. I know JAMF will point to Apple Classroom as taking over for Casper Focus, sadly Apple Classroom has soft spots that allow students to break free of a an app lock in 5 seconds with either the Bluetooth or Wifi toggles. Zulu Desktop and MoSyle have better teacher apps. Lastly, I wished in could use Google Apps as an authentication source rather than Active Directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JAMF is one of the best out there. If in education, consider Zulu Desktop or Mosyle for their great teacher apps. As always consider reviews. JAMF is 100% stable and support is top notch for those reasons it's hard to look elsewhere for my MDM solution.

Overall JAMF is very effective and robust. Keeping students managed in very specific permission sets is its strongest feature set. Coupled with some Active Directory magic, my students are automatically added to their rule set defined by graduation year. Configurations are assigned to groups rather than individuals. Addtional smart groups can populate based on a number of factors determined once a day by the iPad Inventory check (low space, certain apps installed, jailbreak, etc.).

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jesse S.</span>
Jesse S.

"Jamf Pro - A Gift to the Enterprise."

What do you like best?

This has been the biggest gift we could have given ourselves when it comes to managing macs at work. From automating configurations and policies, to asset management, there was nothing better than Jamf when comparing Apples to Apples. Best MDM ever! We go to JNUC every year, and we feel this is such a good way to get involved with the community and Jamf themselves. We like to know the latest and greatest, and try deploying new features as soon as they are available. Couldn't ask for more!

What do you dislike?

Some small nit-picky bugs, it was a little difficult to setup if you don't have IT experience. The setup time to get deployed was really short, but to get it FULLY fleshed out took nearly a year. But this was mostly due to our teams limitations and workload, and lack of being able to configure it ourselves when we wanted it. NO Jamf Pro 10 yet!!! They keep extending the current 9.XXX version, and it's funny that it went from 9.99 to 9.100 to 9.101. Hahaha Once 10.0 is out, all will be well. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other MDMs, you will be blown away at how much better Jamf is when compared to their competition.

Aside what problems it solves with automation through profiles and policies, the community is heavily involved in making this product better, and Jamf actually listens. Pretty much everything we want to do with Jamf, we've made possible thanks to the community.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jesse Crosby M.</span>
Jesse Crosby M.

"Jamf Pro and the love side of Mac Admin life"

What do you like best?

Composer, casper admin, casper remote and self service

What do you dislike?

The fact the there are no customizable pre-configurable tasks within JSS, example, to perform secure lock down of various parts of the OS or say enable FileVault 2, you would think there should be templates that can be edited like how Microsoft has pre-defined Group Policy Objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is a great tool as far the Administration, Inventory, Deployment and Securing of Mac is concerned.

It's completely worth being part of the core infrastructure of any enterprise's device management tools.

A lot of the features a very intuitive and you transfer knowledge if you're someone who has been previously an Admin on the Windows side of things.

There are really a lot of features that gives you a high degree of flexibility for customization, which you normally don't find with other products. And if you have great scripting knowledge you can take this product to a limitless heights.

On-boarding new Mac devices onto the corporate IT environment and keeping track of inventory for various sites, with this feature is now possible to report readily on the status of devices. And adding custom attribute feature allows for additional reporting which is excellent.

Composing Applications using composer, hosting in applications in Casper Admin and Deploying those applications using Self Service has helped reduce the number of service request for application installations.

Securing all Mac devices and performing out boarding functions such as secure wiping devices once users leave.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Hands down the best management framework for macOS and iOS"

What do you like best?

With JAMF Pro, I can effectively run a fleet of Macs and iOS devices with far fewer resources and greater flexibility than any competing products. The product is intuitive and robust, and continually improved and has proven to be very stable over the years. The JAMFnation community is also an extraordinary collection of IT professionals that are more helpful than any other I've found.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an easier way to import/export groups based on .csv's....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other management systems try to manage all platforms and only do a marginal job. Forget those - get a purpose built tool that's right for the job.

JAMF Pro allows me to manage our labs and editing suites and still accomplish all the other aspects of my job. Without JAMF I'd be spending way more time and wouldn't be able to offer the same levels of service. Between zero-day patching, the self-service app, and inventory / auditing features it's difficult 4 years later to imagine how I'd do my job without JAMF Pro

Jamf Pro review by <span>Dustin D.</span>
Dustin D.

"Jamf Pro, Local, Apple, Zero Day Releases, Support, it's all there"

What do you like best?

They don't outsource support, it is done in house. Response times when dealing with support have been excellent. This is one of my biggest issues with other vendors. The product is only as good as the service backing it. Jamf is all over it, and they are ready when new iOS features are released by Apple out of the gate, I love this. Cloud hosting is the way to go for us. No on site maintenance required, Jamf techs take care of upkeep, updates and issues without us having to do anything.

What do you dislike?

The GUI could use some improvement. It's certainly not bad just could be improved looks a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they are an Apple only company at the moment, it would be nice to see support for other platforms. That said since all resources go into Apple they know there stuff on Apple products and I love zero day releases are tested so come launch day it's ready to rock.

DEP devices enrolled directly into Jamf for zero touch IT configuration. The remote control you have over your devices especially is supervised mode is fantastic. No dealing with itunes accounts to download apps, VPP for our business is the way to go. It just works.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"JAMF Pro Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage our systems without worrying about the little things. With some minor settings and making some minimum configurations, we were able to quickly get a whole view of our environment. This allowed us to target our resources on what we wanted to manage.

What do you dislike?

Only dislike would be the amount of documentation provided for how to complete some of the work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it now. If you manage any number of Mac's, from a small business to a large enterprise, you should be using this product.

Patching and Maintenance of our systems. We have a more secure mac environment now that we can fully understand what is out there and are able to quickly make changes as needed. We can push OS and Application packages as soon as they are available, and Jamf Pro has allowed us quickly identify problem areas in some of our enterprise configurations

Jamf Pro review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Jamf is by far the #1 apple mdm solution "

What do you like best?

I'd say the thing I love best about jamf and their products is the sense of community that comes along with the products. You don't find that in many software companies. And the deep integration between Apple and jamf is by far the best in the industry... I mean just look even apple is using Jamf Pro

What do you dislike?

I would say the one thing that I dislike about Jamf Pro is the JDS but as far as I know this is a really common issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it. Other solutions don't even compare. The jumpstart may seem like a large investment but its JAMF's way of ensuring an awesome customer experience.

As an msp we will be solving loads of customer problems mainly streamlining onboarding of machines so use can be completely independent. We are currently still testing the product but are loving everything we can do with it. It's great.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Noah A.</span>
Noah A.

"Jamf Pro is a comprehensive end to end management system that simplifies Mac/iOS management alike"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is an accessible, scalable system that grants great power to both new and veteran users alike. They have the resources and the technical knowhow to assist users on both ends of the spectrum with whatever they'd like to accomplish with the platform.

What do you dislike?

Jamf has a tendency to value aesthetic changes over functional ones, and implements features that are more iOS-centric than Mac, and the new Mac features to this point are ones that aren't easily implemented in a larger or enterprise environment.

Extension Attributes and API interactions are great benefits of the product. We've been able to utilize the former to easily track license counts of expensive software (& reclaim using policies or email communications) and use the latter to automate time consuming processes for static group additions for certain software provisions or granting end users more right and abilities via Self Service.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Cy M.</span>
Cy M.

"JAMF Pro...Save your Life."

What do you like best?

The ability to manage on-boarding, inventory, imaging and support in one platform. One tool set that handles everything we need to do to support a fleet of Mac users. If you put the time into planning, it can save you time in most every respect.

What do you dislike?

The issues that can occur with mobile users that move around a lot, sometimes machines stop reporting with OS updates etc. File my complaint under the general heading of "losing contact with computers." A small hassle for a lot of upside when your fleet is accessible wherever they travel. I also dislike how I got an A for this review, but then when I came back to edit it some more I had to add even more to my review to get the same review grade, very sneaky.

Cap EX inventory, software distribution (VPP program), iOS in-house applications, rental fleet imaging.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Mike D.</span>
Mike D.

"Mac management made easy."

What do you like best?

JamfPro makes managing nearly 40,000 apple devices efficient and effective. The support staff at Jamf are simply the best. They are the standard by witch all customer support should be measured.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything specific that is not associated with just being in the computer management field.

One big issue we have been able to better mange is changes to our wireless authentication process. With nearly 40K devices mostly using wireless changing anything is daunting. With JamfPro we can make a change to a single profile and monitor as the change takes effect.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Nicholas P.</span>
Nicholas P.

"Manage the previously in managed"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro allows easier management of device through the standard Apple system but in an single more intuitive place. By building on and combining Apple’s management tools you know it is going to work consistently all the while only having to work in a single interface.

What do you dislike?

Not all the information is accessible through APIs like recovering encryption keys. If that was available we would setup a self service site comparable to what we offer windows users. The only way to enforce enrollment is through DEP. Other than that we have to rely on support personnel or clients to enroll devices.

We have better management of the systems. We can more easily standardize our software deployments and maintain ownership of App Store software after a client leaves the organization. It provides our clients a more Apple like system for retrieving organizational software.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Keith R.</span>
Keith R.

"Apple / iOS management"

What do you like best?

Able to manage our organizations Apple hardware from cradle to grave. Deploying software, granting access, and speeding up the process of on-boarding new employees or refreshing hardware.

What do you dislike?

Not all features are baked into the software and you need to create workflows to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the @jamfnation channel on the MacAdmins.org slack group to find out what people think about Jamf.

Jamf Pro enables your support team to run smarter and leaner with the ability to manage computer updates and compliance at scale instead of one computer at a time.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Melissa R.</span>
Melissa R.

"Interesting"

What do you like best?

Ability to capture all relevant detail from a system in one interface. Microsoft expects you to buy bits and pieces and hire many staff to manage it all. This is one place where a small group, even one, can handle it all.

What do you dislike?

package management. Needs to be a solid thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you will still need another tool for package management but overall very much worth the cost as it bundles every other tool and reporting in one place.

managing a growing fleet of computers and deployments. The benefit is the easy of on boarding/off boarding staff via one interface.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Jeremy C.</span>
Jeremy C.

"Most comprehensive solution for MDM"

What do you like best?

The support and community make solving issues simple. Frequent patches correct software issues as well.

What do you dislike?

cost of training. Although the training pass is a great value, the initial sticker shock makes it hard to add into a budget

Recommendations to others considering the product

With time and training it is the only reasonable option. Jamf Nation and slack are great resources, but factory training is the only real way to get familiar with the software.

We are currently solving ownership of management within our satellite campuses by training on this software

Jamf Pro review by <span>Ben A.</span>
Ben A.

"Extremely powerful MDM solution with great support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use day to day, very up to date.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming to get started on.

We use it as our MDM solution for your iOS and MacOS devices. We like that it's all in one with robust reporting. JAMF does an amazing job of staying up to date on Apple's feature rollouts, so as soon (or almost as soon) as its available in a public release, we can work it into our management.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Alex S.</span>
Alex S.

"Jamf Pro is Awesome"

What do you like best?

There are many things I like about Jamf Pro. From the world class support I get with having a Jamf buddy I can call if I'm stuck on an issue. Jamf Nation rocks filled with users that are in the Biz that can answer questions and provide help aswell.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the only thing I can think about that I dislike is that you guys dont offer a soultion on the PC side. Other than that Jamf is number 1.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Macs in your windows environment consider switching to Jamf. Their is a reason why Apple themselves use it. They are the real deal.

Managing multiple macs in a windows world can prove difficult. Jamf provides you the tools and solutions for Macs to live in a windows world.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Tracy D.</span>
Tracy D.

"I am the jamf admin "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to be able to work smarter not harder and jamf pro allows me to do this. We had the unfortunate experience of trying to manage hundreds of iPads without jamf and we are extremely grateful to have such an excellent management tool .

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to come up with something I dislike about it..

The ability to have teachers be able to self help instead of having tech intervention makes life better for techs. I can also send software out to devices in a much quicker turn time than manually installing.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Frances R.</span>
Frances R.

"Makes controlling a large deployment very easy!"

What do you like best?

I manage 500 iPads in an elementary school with Jamf, and it has made my life a lot easier. Easy to deploy an app to multiple devices quickly, giving teachers immediate access with no delay. Lost/misplaced devices can be locked and a message displayed on the lock screen, allowing them to be recovered quickly and easily. Other campuses in my district are planning to adopt Jamf for their iPad management in the upcoming school year, largely on my recommendation.

What do you dislike?

I have really found nothing to dislike. Any issues have been resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate!

We are able to control the apps our teachers use. We can control each device and wipe them clean if necessary.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Corey P.</span>
Corey P.

"The best for Mac Management"

What do you like best?

Our users love using the self service portal to get their applications. We also have printers packaged up in the self service portal so users can add them (we don't have print servers so the drivers are packaged with the printers when installed). We have a local install and it is rock solid and never goes down.

What do you dislike?

Everytime we update the server, all management machines using the Casper Suite need to be updated as well. They release a lot of updates so it gets to be a bit much to keep updating all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We mainly use it for Mac management. We can track all Macs in the enviroment and do pretty much anything we need to with them.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Edward S.</span>
Edward S.

"jamf Pro 10 is the best release yet!!!"

What do you like best?

The training and Support is the best experience I have had with any other company. The jamf nation community is incredibly helpful. I look forward toward JNUC As much as I look forward to any Apple events.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any specific dislikes. There was one issue I had with editing policies and scopes where I had to scroll to the bottom of a list to save. That has been resolved with version 10.

Self Service is an important tool for both our techs and the users we support.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Mac Management Got You Down?"

What do you like best?

*VERY easy to install and deploy

*Streamlined standards management

*Reporting is a breeze

*MDM functionality (iOS/Android) and Apple Desktop Management from a single pane of glass

*Realtime scripting/ application deployment

*VERY good support team

*Config profile management is SUPER easy

*Customizable self service (branding)

What do you dislike?

*Management console CAN be wonky at times

*Some aspects of MCX cannot be controlled via config profiles as of late

*Initial gathering of machines requires a common admin username and password

*Does not import groups well from LDAP for management (single users work great!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have a Windows platform for management/imaging (i.e.: SCCM) and have had terrible heartaches with the mac management portion of it or some other management tool (i.e.: Dell Kace), then this product will steer you in a totally different direction. I was a previous Kace admin and, while I was able to get everything from imaging to software deployment to work, had a difficult time with it (everything is manual). SCCM really doesn't have the needed pieces to work with Apple products either. Jamf Pro provided the seamless experience for apple users and management for the admins for us. It has saved so many headaches.

Apple management was our end goal. It has since evolved into an application and MDM platform for us.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Pleased Overall"

What do you like best?

It's very powerful and there are many things that can implemented through Jamf Pro. You can really get control over your infrastructure should you chose to properly utilize everything Jamf Pro can offer.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. I had a slight issue with how the JSS looked and was organized, but I know with the newest update that will be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is an incredible product that has taken the management of Macs to a whole new level. I truly believe in the direction it is headed in and in it's ability to solve future problems that we will face. They constantly make it easier to navigate and use Jamf Pro, to a level where you don't need to be tech savvy to successfully make the most of Jamf Pro for your users. Jamf Pro isn't just a product but a mission now, as I saw when I went to the JNUC conference for it last year. I am truly curious about where Jamf Pro will be as the years go on.

-the most simple would be the ability to manage our macs.

-offering employees a way to install their own software.

-monitoring licenses for software through VPP. Another would be how quickly we set up macs now.

-the ability to push out policies that for example give admin access to a user for a few minutes if they are having trouble.

-monitoring what problematic software users my have on their machine. For example, if someone has managed to install Tor.

"Doug loves Jamf"

What do you like best?

Management of Mac is relatively easy and packaging and deploying apps is a snap. There is now third party updates integrated into Jamf for a bunch of major softwares that tend to have multiple updates a month.

What do you dislike?

Sharing all the fun with coworkers. Fixing other people’s mistakes

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products out there, but they have to be manually configured and kept up to date. With Jamf there is feature updates aligned with Apples OS updates and the support team is phenomenal.

Finding app vulnerabilities and patching them. Encrypting disks. Removing blacklisted software as soon as it is installed. Lastly keeping track of licensing with smart groups and apple vpp program.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Peter R.</span>
Peter R.

"Couldn't manage without JAMF Pro"

What do you like best?

JAMF makes it easy to deploy, provision and manage about 2500 devices with a very small IT staff.

What do you dislike?

Occasional performance slowdowns, and occasional failure of Mac OS devices to get their configuration as part of the setup process.

We simply could not manage all these devices without a tool like JAMF. We're able to hand students new devices out of the box and have them configured and managed automatically as part of set up.

Administrator in Higher Education

"JAMF Pro in the Educational Environment"

What do you like best?

JAMF is an exceptional product for full lifecycle and product management of OSX devices. I also administer an Microsoft System Center Config Manager server for complete Windows environment control and this product is the peas to my carrots while providing the best possibly control of our environment. While System Center gives me the bare minimum for inventory tracking and a complicated method for application and script deployment, this product makes scripting and deployment a simple and productive experience. I was able to find great support on the JAMF forums for a variety of packages I wished to deploy and there is a wealth of knowledge to configure Desired Configuration Management policies which will keep your systems security in peak status.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is substantial, although with the setup costs come pretty thorough training. Sometimes you have to pay for a quality product.

Inventory Control, Application and Configuration Management of Educational Enterprise Apple products.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Mitchell S.</span>
Mitchell S.

"A must have for any Apple environment!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding customer support and a great product. No need to shop around with any other vendor. Jamf is will worth the price if you need to manage Apple products. Jamf is very customer-oriented and always looking to improve. Jamf works great for both management and inventory reporting.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that pre-stage enrolling hundreds of computers always turns up some glitches and problems, but still a huge time saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic customer support. I don't know how we ever managed our Apple environment without jamf.

Great way to track inventory and see what needs upgraded/updated.

Works so much better than built-in parental controls and active directory servers.

Makes iPad app deployment stress free.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Kyle F.</span>
Kyle F.

"The Gold Standard of MDM"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro empowers our employees to focus on what matters: their work. Employees receive their devices ready to go. No more setup delays or confusion on which apps to install.

What do you dislike?

I only wish Jamf offered training and certification courses in additional cities. Phoenix needs love too.

Jamf Pro has allowed us to rapidly deploy our in-house applications to employees across the country, within minutes, and without their intervention. It’s a no-hassle solution that has reduced support requests and increased efficiency.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Tom S.</span>
Tom S.

"Jamf Pro is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Jamf allows us to easily manage our medium deployment of Macs to users within our organization. Very scalable so if the fleet gets larger, Jamf will handle it. Easy app deployment as well as inventory management. A+

What do you dislike?

So far the deployment has gone well and there has been very few issues or anything we could complain about.

Mac asset management, imaging, application control among other things.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Joshua H.</span>
Joshua H.

"Literally the only thing that makes administrating an OSx install base bearable."

What do you like best?

Policy/profile authoring and scoping are easy and intuitive. Settings decently parallel their layout in the OS itself. Extension attributes and scripting mean you can accomplish pretty much anything.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of limitiations and idiosyncrasies due to the way Apple allows remote management that end up with clunky hacky solutions.

We have actual control over remote mac users equipment...we can manage patching and security, have accurate inventory for the first time and its great :)

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"jamf Pro for OS X and macOS device management"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and scale of management, the future roadmap with jamf 10 coming shows a lot of promise from a supportability and further easy of use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of full cloud and mobile management, I'd like to see Azure Distribution Points be an option in the future, not all of us have access to AWC or other hosting services in a readily available capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jamf pro offers one of the best "out of box" experiences in my opinion around Apple device management. I would suggest going through the official training if possible however, and having someone on staff certified depending on your businesses size.

OS X and macOS device management in an enterprise environment. Allowing for scoped limitations where applicable. Blocking specific applications, utilizing self-service for an "always available" set of software from the enterprise perspective.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Newbie review"

What do you like best?

I like offering Self Service to our end users. Pushing out applications and updates is great as well as the inventory and wealth of information we get.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm still new at this there are still a lot of hiccups and inconsistencies that we're encountering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take lots of notes during "jump start" - there was a lot of information crammed into a very short period of time and when it was first shown it all made sense, but when we were looking at it a month later, there was a lot that we'd forgotten.

We're a small IT group and this is a great way for us to provide "white glove" service of applications to our end users while at the same time giving our group a lot of inventory information and feedback. We have a better grasp on what we have and a better way to offer more.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"User friendly/ Customer support"

What do you like best?

We switched from Casper Suite 5 years ago to a different MDM and have just this year returned as customers because of some great things we were hearing. When we used them 5 years ago and what holds true today is their top notch technical support. I feel confident when I call that a solution will be reached in a timely manner. Our transition went pretty smoothly and at 2 months into the school year, we already see marked improvements in our last MDM. Thank you JSS staff!

What do you dislike?

We are still seeing issues with the location ability in the JSS interface.

Faster turn a round in device implementation than our previous MDM

Jamf Pro review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Best in class, deserves best in class"

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro is simply amazing. While providing a framework to work in, we aren't restricted in what we can do. JAMF Pro allows the Mac to be treated as a first class citizen in the enterprise world.

What do you dislike?

Many times, terminology is difficult to understand. There are times however, when what is needed isn't in an obvious spot.

With JAMF Pro, we are deploying applications, managing security and also ensuring our deployments are consistent and they work.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"jamf Pro - the most powerful Mac end device Management tool"

What do you like best?

jamf Pro has great support for API and customizing the experience that users can have with you’re Management style. Policies and scoping are also very easy to use and make managing your clients a cinch.

What do you dislike?

The MDM configuration payload load with some defaults that are not applicable and unless you know that they are on you may change something you didn’t intend to. There should be more customized payload surrounding the experience and not just the Boolean setting on or off by default.

At the very least the defaults should be set to keep things open and on until we choose to disable them.

Polices also only have support for failed or success it would benefit us greatly if we can customize exit codes and display them graphically in reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with jamfCloud. Do not keep trying to maintain it internally.

Policies and the various ways we have to execute them allowed us to replace our traditional Imaging workflows. This has allowed our administrator to be more flexible and keep things up to date.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Neal P.</span>
Neal P.

"Support is their middle name (If you need it!)"

What do you like best?

Community and pro level support. I know that jamf is there whenever I need them. Their community orientated support website is second to none.

What do you dislike?

Slow development cycle . I appreciate their careful approach, however at times I wonder if they are asleep at the wheel. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at jamfnation.com This website should give you a good feeling for what the product is like.

Helps our users help themselves

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Productivity and time efficiency grand slam! "

What do you like best?

The ability to mange large numbers of device in very little time. Being able to swiftly make changes to users devices has allowed us to avoid many potential issues. I also like the fact that it reduces tickets by empowering the users with Self Service. Having a curated place for my organizations needs is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are many simple features that require using scripts. I wish some of the simpler functionalities were baked into the product, instead of having to track down code and go through testing.

We have a small IT staff in our organization and having JAMF pro has helped us keep afloat with our tickets. Like I mentioned previously, users have more control over their devices by visiting our curated "App Store" (Self Service)

Jamf Pro review by <span>Warren H.</span>
Warren H.

"JAMF Pro "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the most appealing regarding JAMF Pro. I have had the opportunity to test a few MDM Platforms before sinking my teeth into JAMF Pro and it's truly the best in an, otherwise, specific market.

What do you dislike?

Some unexplainable bugs and quirks in-platform that have not been able to be addressed by support.

Mobile device management and device uniformity. Total time spent touching a device has been drastically reduced.

Jamf Pro review by User

"Robust Interface for managing Mobile Devices"

What do you like best?

I like that when JAMF makes updates/improvements that they still keep the general look of the website the same. There are lots of ways to setup and customize your experience.

What do you dislike?

We did have one issue when the JAMF dashboard updated, but it was quickly resolved in a few days. Customer support is super prompt, easy to understand, and does multiple follow-ups to make sure you are taken care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the time to do an online training and configure your mobile devices just like you would an Active Directory. Use support - they are very helpful!!!

It has helped us manage our iPads in our school to make sure that they do not get lost. It has also allowed us to easily deploy apps and create settings.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Justin B.</span>
Justin B.

"Love JAMF"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and intuitiveness of the product. I used to use another product and it was much more cumbersome.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were navigation arrow to jump back and forth between devices.

I have been able to recover lost or stolen device, I am able to manage all of my apple devices with one solid product.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"JAMF has made the deployment and manage of OSX and IOS devices in a corporate environment godsent."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the use of JAMF pro is easy and straight forward especially with the installation of applications and the configuration capabilities using scripts to make app deployment seamless.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could get to the branding portion of the releases alot faster !!! Come on JAMF 10 plus more and more iterations of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to act on the feature requests that submitted by the community.

We are able to solve alot of our Zero touch deployment for external and remote OSX users. It gives us the ability to manage systems from afar and provide zero day releases keeping everything up to date.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Gareth S.</span>
Gareth S.

"Excellent Mac Management"

What do you like best?

We had a slew of hardening requirements come from on-high with a tight deadline. JAMF Pro allowed us to push them out far more quickly and with more control than had we relied on the sneakernet.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, the hardest part of working with JAMF Pro is UI quirks and inconsistencies. For instance, viewing a machine's profile and returning to the search results (depending on the situation) can require multiple button presses instead of having a simple 'back' button.

Right now we the aforementioned security requirements are the most important. And believe me - they find new ways to test us every day.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Tony W.</span>
Tony W.

"One year with Jamf Pro "

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is fantastic at managing, inventory and deploying Macs for our enterprise sizes university environment. The combination that is coming with Azure AD and InTune is making the future look great

What do you dislike?

The discontinuation of the JDS with no replacement for an on premises customer is disheartening

Enterprise device encryption, DEP deployment of devices to ensure configuration and protection of data, patch management and so on

"jamfpro = pro"

What do you like best?

The product is intuitive and the support community is very good.

What do you dislike?

Our environment is non-standard and support for it can sometimes be difficult. It took many weeks to identify an issue; we spent weeks tweaking infrastructure only to find that there seemed to be a product bug related to configuration profiles that needed a db table to be dropped.

We still want to get to using DEP and moving to the jamfcloud. Our organization has challenges doing both. We are providing security (FV2 encryption) for most of the apple devices on campus, compared to Windows devices which are still lagging behind with MBAM.

"iOS Support"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which I can change pre-staging for our different sites. Using Active Directory in our environment we are able to use Jamf Pro to change a user easily.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is there is not a search feature in the Smart Device Groups, Static Device Groups and PreStage Enrollments.

Using Jamf Pro we are able to manage our fleet of over 7,000 mobile devices. Any where from setting up shared devices for student users, to our 1 to 1 devices for individual staff needs.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Eric Y.</span>
Eric Y.

"Best in class product"

What do you like best?

I have been using jAMF for over 8 years and would not consider moving to another solution

What do you dislike?

The support remains excellent but I do feel like the first teir triage process could be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

The suppirt alone outs it above the competition

Force multiplication. As a team of one apple admin I can manage all of my Apple devices

Jamf Pro review by <span>Amanda D.</span>
Amanda D.

"Great management platform"

What do you like best?

I like seeing my inventory in one place. Then being able to build smart groups to take action against is key.

What do you dislike?

Scrolling to the bottom of a long list is absolute murder. When I have to scroll down past 1500 lines I go crazy.

Updates and patches. Are second only to automated deployments to reduce help desk install requests.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Matt D.</span>
Matt D.

"The best software for macOS/iOS management!"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro allows us to manage all of our computers in the office and out in the field. It's totally customizable and lets us track what matters to us. It's super easy to configure computers for new employees and makes my job much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's very complex to get setup in the first place. If you're not a hardcore sysadmin, you may want to work with one of the excellent Jamf consultants to get things dialed-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need Mac/iOS management, this is the program

The need to setup each computer individually. Now we're able to have new users login to a computer, enroll it, and get a bunch of programs/settings pushed out automagically.

"Jamf Pro Review"

What do you like best?

Versatile toolset for full Enterprise-level end-to-end management of Mac workstations.

What do you dislike?

Lacks ability to manage non-Apple devices, like PCs or non-iOS devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product for Enterprise management of Apple devices with high quality customer support. Quick adoption of the latest Apple standards positions the product to support our needs to move quickly. User community supported by Jamf is a top-notch resource for getting started as well as introducing innovation into workstation management practices.

No-touch provisioning of Mac workstations when combined with Apple DEP and full device management. Ability to report on fleet security, app deployment and adoption.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Avineshwari N.</span>
Avineshwari N.

"A useful tool to keep track"

What do you like best?

Enrolling devices like iPad, MacBook and also creating packages

What do you dislike?

The search function. Not user friendly whenever search for peripherals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may use this as best inventory tool and also to manage devices especially Mac related.

Enrolling iPads and MacBook. Benefits like keep track to the devices without lost it.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Matthew A.</span>
Matthew A.

"Best Management tool for Apple heave environments "

What do you like best?

With JAMF we have the ability to manage our macs across 4 different offices in the countries while keeping them secure and up to date.

What do you dislike?

Policies can be finicky and won’t completely run if they are set in the improper order

Keeping our IT Staff cost lean and nimble while providing top tier support

Jamf Pro review by <span>Kimberly T.</span>
Kimberly T.

"Love JAMF!"

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro allows me to easily manage over 16,000 iPads, over 800 Apple TVs, and 1400 Macs.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more management options for Apple TVs, but I understand this is a limitation from Apple and not JAMF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product first to see if it will fit your needs.

We need to deploy approximately 3000 new devices a year to students. JAMF Pro offers an easy seamless deployment and management solution.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The Only Way to Manage Apple Devices"

What do you like best?

We like being able to apply restrictions and make software available to large groups or even individual users from our desk.

What do you dislike?

The only things we dislike are Apple-imposed limitations and have nothing to do with Jamf Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is an absolute must for anyone with a large number of Apple Devices.

We have 3,000+ iPads and 300+ MacBook Pro laptops. We are able to manage all of these devices with a staff of only four people. This would be impossible to do manually.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Peter D.</span>
Peter D.

"The best MDM solution for Apple devices"

What do you like best?

The integration with Apple's existing device management frameworks, like Device Enrollment Program (DEP), Volume Purchase Program (VPP) etc.

What do you dislike?

Some minor User Interface (UI) improvements would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the one and only MDM solution if you are using Apple devices.

Device management, app distribution and deployment.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Top notch Apple management software. "

What do you like best?

The software works better than our last MDM and support is great. Self service is the standard in the industry and the community surrounding JAMF is a sea of knowledge.

What do you dislike?

We have had problems with some updates and have to wait for hotfixes. That is our biggest issue is that day one updates usually have issues that affect us.

We are able to manage thousands of Macs and iPads with one system. Deploying software is a breeze. We are able to do everything with only a couple employees managing it.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Steven S.</span>
Steven S.

"Best tool in my job. "

What do you like best?

I love being able to manage so many devices in one place, the ease of on boarding is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are not more tools like Jamf for the rest of job.

Managing all devices

Jamf Pro review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Jamf Pro for Education"

What do you like best?

Allows for easy control and software deployment over the fleet of Mac OS and Mac iOS devices. Also like the use of self service which allows end users to add or upgrade software without me having to physically do it for them.

What do you dislike?

Casper Imaging can be very buggy and is sometimes not consistent when imaging multiple machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works really well with Mac not so much with Windows

The ability to manage a large amount of devices with minimal hands on time.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Michele R.</span>
Michele R.

"Jamf"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage multiple student iPads. Controlling the apps that are placed in each one and their access.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the App portal. We have many. VPP accounts. It is hard to find which app belongs to which account in the list. It would’ve nice to be able to hover over or click on something to just preview the smart groups from the list.

We have over 8500 devices in the system now. We could not manage all of thes without jamf.

Jamf Pro review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Can manage iPads and computers without even touching them or seeing them. What a time saver!!

What do you dislike?

Glitches and things freezing..When we push apps out to iPads, it tends to freeze a lot and we have to send a blank push to each individual device, or update the Vpp A count apps and it seems to go after that. Is starting to get frustrating though.

Time saver. When things are working smoothly, we can push out several app to a lot of iPads efficiently and effectively.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Steven R.</span>
Steven R.

"jamfPro can give you your life back"

What do you like best?

Have nearly 30,000 iOS, tvOS and macOS in our K-12 organization we needed a product that we could scale to handle the amount of traffic those device could generate. We were able to get that flexibility with jamfPro.

What do you dislike?

There is a feature request list on their JAMF Nation website Id like to see fulfilled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need Apple management , this is the only choice.

Being able to make the iPad enrollment process as automated as possible has saved us time and money.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Chris R.</span>
Chris R.

"Ease of use and time saver!"

What do you like best?

This product makes it quite easy to manage and supervise all of your iPads or Macs from a centralized location!

What do you dislike?

The ability to have tips or tricks from end users sent out via a monthly email would be an added bonus feature.

The ability to manage and handle installation of apps across our district from one centralized location is a huge time saver.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"CCA administering two JAMF Pro instances for two large school districts."

What do you like best?

The ease of use for administering iOS is second to none combined with the high level of control you get with Mac OS.

What do you dislike?

The Mac OS administration gives you so much control that we sometimes get in our own way. We find a new/better way to manage something in Mac OS only to complicate our system as a whole and potentially negatively impact a previous configuration.

We have been constantly tweaking our 1 to 1 iOS environment since day 0, three years ago. JAMF Pro makes it easy to integrate more restrictive controls with our SIS. This gives our school administration the keys to make changes per student on the fly without waiting for IT to implement broad restrictions. This has given the granularity our administrators have asked for in the speedy timeframe they want it.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Bob G.</span>
Bob G.

"The most important investment you can make"

What do you like best?

I found jamfpro amazingly easy to use. There are a lot of tools that do what jamfpro does but it’s a hodgepodge of different tools that don’t always work just right. I also can’t speak highly enough of the support at jamf.

What do you dislike?

It feels as though some features here and there are not fully ironed out.

I’m able to create extension attributes to learn almost anything about a client machine. The ability to collect endless possibilities of information has helped me in different ways.

Jamf Pro review by <span>Luis T.</span>
Luis T.

"Jamf Pro the way to Go"

What do you like best?

Easy of use in MDM management. Interface is awesome and descriptive

What do you dislike?

I would like to see inventory Display names not scroll away. Please freeze the pane

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best In class MDM solution for Mac in the Enterprise

Mac management

Jamf Pro review by <span>Dave K.</span>
Dave K.

"The Only MDM for Apple"

What do you like best?

The ease of use made managing my environment a breeze. I inherited my environment from another Admin who left the company and with the help of Jamf and Jamf Nation I got acclimated with my setup in no time.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see continued improvements in patching and patch reporting.

I implemented encryption quickly and efficiently. Without the app, it would have taken weeks. I also utilized it to complete and company wide OS upgrade in a matter of weeks rather then months.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"JAMF Pro makes MDM Complete"

What do you like best?

I like JAMF Pro because of its easy to use interface and intuitive ways to manage and update MacOS and iOS devices. Coupled with excellent support services including JAMF Nation makes JAMF Pro the best MDM software available.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything I dislike about JAMF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the Jumpstart and establish relationship with your account manager and JAMF Nation.

Mass deployment of MacOS and iOS devices. Have also come to appreciate the inventory capabilities .

Jamf Pro review by <span>Lucy L.</span>
Lucy L.

"My job is so much easier."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software, the tech support, makes life easier! Why have any other MDM??

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t anything!! I will tell anyone in the tech world how much I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want really good Tacos, would you go to a restaurant that doesn’t specialize in them? JAMF is the authentic Mexican restaurant of the MDM world. Why get an MDM from a company who isn’t solely working on one?

Easily distributing apps to students, finding lost iPads!

Jamf Pro review by <span>Mario B.</span>
Mario B.

"Network support Speacitailst "

What do you like best?

How you can send software to so many computers with just a a few clicks

What do you dislike?

Not everything is easy to fine with in jamf software

Fast way to push out software to a lot of computers

"JAMF Pro "

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro has great capabilities for managing Mac's. The amount of customization and features JAMF provides is amazing. JAMF is intuitive and makes the management of Mac systems easier, more straightforward, and more secure than other products.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it sometimes takes for new features necessary to keep up with Apple changes. An example of this is when 10.12.4 was released, the brtool was changed and JAMF has not updated their software to allow for easier OS upgrades, and workaround methods have to be utilized.

Jamf Pro review by <span>James F.</span>
James F.

"Best Mac Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love VPP. It makes it completely seamless to install and manage software licenses for Macs.

What do you dislike?

We use Kaseya as well. I wish JAMF Pro had a 15-second check-in policy similar to Kaseya.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the way to manage Macs across a global enterprise

We have a security requirement to lock down system preferences. JAMF Pro is doing the Job.

Learn more about Jamf Pro

Jamf Pro Videos

Learning about Jamf Pro?

* We monitor all Jamf Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.