Jamf Pro

Jamf Pro

4.7

A complete Apple management solution for IT pros to empower users and simplify the deployment, inventory, and security of Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Designed to automate device management for you while driving end-user productivity and creativity, Jamf Pro (formerly Casper Suite) is the EMM tool that delights IT pros and the users they support by delivering on the promise of unified endpoint management for Apple devices.

Work for Jamf Pro?

Learning about Jamf Pro?

Jamf Pro Reviews

Showing 244 Jamf Pro reviews
Jamf Pro review by Miriam S.
Miriam S.

"My right hand for iPads"

What do you like best?

Great customer service when attempting to figure out iPad glitches. Friendly user interface to perform the different tasks and functions I need to do.

What do you dislike?

not being able to use the unlock feature for all the iPads (to clarify on this, I was informed that the unlock feature would only work on iPads that had been enrolled into Jamf Pro with 11.4.1 which excluded even the brand new iPads that were shipped in). At times, Apple and Jamf have some communication issues.

The benefit of having Jamf Pro is that it allows me to create configuration profiles for our school district iPads, set restrictions and isolate difficult iPads when necessary. Customer service has contacted me fairly quickly when there have been issues or when I need to verify that modifying groups or profiles will work fine with the system. Recent issues and projects that I have worked with Jamf on are putting 6000 iPads into two prestage groups and then assigning them to school locations through static groups. Jamf was there testing with me to ensure this wouldn't cause any problems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jamf Pro
Jamf Pro review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Apple management headaches? No more with Jamf Pro!"

What do you like best?

Quite simply, the ability to have almost no touch on any of my device deployments but still deliver a white glove treatment to my end users. I used to spend hours writing scripts and pushing via ARD, but now I can create policies and packages within Jamf Pro and forget about it.

Integrating with Intune also helps, as I can now see all of my devices in a single pane of glass.

What do you dislike?

The Jumpstart cots is a little steep and required. You do receive a lot of hands-on support with an Integrator, but it's not what I'm used to as a SME with other products.

Device deployment and management. Cutting down the amount of time it takes to roll a new device out to my end users.

Additionally, patch management. Before I had to beg and plead with users to make sure they have everything up to date on their Macs. Now, I can force updates and even OS upgrades.

What Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution do you use?

Jamf Pro review by Craig L.
Craig L.

"Managing a Mac Fleet in a Window Centric enterprise "

What do you like best?

With JAMF is fairly easy to be in parity with the SCCM update and patching cycle. That goes a long way towards helping Microsoft folks with little Mac experience to see the platform as "Enterprise". That is key.

What do you dislike?

The change in support as JAMF has grown. It's becoming harder and harder to get past the tier 1 gatekeepers and to get solutions to problems in a timely manner. It's a symptom of rapid growth, I suppose but still deeply dissapointing

Recommendations to others considering the product

JMAF Pro is that defacto industry standard and it will meet most needs. There is a learning curve if your new to the Mac Admin space but anyone with some BASH/Python experience and some mid-level admin skills should be able to get it doing the basic stuff fairly quickly

Reducing the number of labor hours spent on firefighting. Our trouble ticket count for Macs is down substantially and as management is seeing a substantial decrease in TCO and an increase in ROI for the Mac fleet, Macs have become a standard onboarding option.

Jamf Pro review by Kim T.
Kim T.

"Best Tool for Mac Management"

What do you like best?

I like that JAMF Pro is a very powerful software tool that is easy to use. In addition JAMF Pro updates are released before Apple releases software upgrades. It's great to have support in JAMF for Apple's new features before they are released. This allows us to better identify the impact of new features in order to test and prepare ahead of an upgrade. Customer support is also superb!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I haven't had a bad experience with Jamf Pro, or Jam Software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the other vendors who have similar products and choose the one that will best suit your needs. However, you will not find a better Mac Managment tool on the market.

Our school district is using iPads for our 1:1 program. Each student has an iPad and every teacher has an iPad and MacBook. This equates to over 15,000 devices we manage. We have one administrator who is able to manage all of these devices using JAMF Pro. Without JAMF Pro we would need several additional employees.

Jamf Pro review by Tim E.
Tim E.

"One of the best Apple MDMs"

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro is one of the best MDM systems available for specifically managing Apple devices. It is very simple to configure - a competent administrator can watch the JAMF training videos and read the documentation and get started very easily. This is made easier with direct access to a JAMF engineer during the trial period. Our company was able to get a basic working configuration within a a week (although not ready to roll out at that stage!). There are support options available as well as a sizeable helpful online community as well as various training courses.

What do you dislike?

As with any enterprise management software there are some product issues and limitations to work around, however there are no show stoppers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare for the trial by watching the JAMF 100 and reading all the documentation in advance and utilise the trial period properly to test all your requirements and get the most out of the assigned engineer.

Our company has primarily used JAMF Pro for an initial MDM rollout for compliance purposes, which is important as part of our iSMS and for due diligence processes with customers.

Jamf Pro review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"Jamf is a great tool for managing your IOS devices."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to push apps individual devices, The ability to remotely wipe or lock out lost or stolen devices. Just overall ease of use within the GUI of the software. I like having a cloud option to run the software out of, these eases the burden of having another onsite server to manage. One of my favorite features is being able to push a preferred WIFI profile to my devices so I know they are all of the correct SSID.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to push books to individual devices the same way you can push out apps. This is a particular hurdle for our music department. Renewing all of the certificates every year between JAMF and apple can be a bit of a pain. I wish these could be renewed for 3 years at a time. I have had a few small features get broken when are JAMF was updated. Then I had to wait until a new version was released to resolve a known issue with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

We had a number of iPad's being used in our district and had no control over them. We needed and MDM to be able to stay on top of this. We had apps being purchased more than one time because of lost apple id's or people just not knowing the software was already added onto another device. We were searching for a way to manage these devices without having to physically track them down and touch them every single time they wanted an app installed or needed to be on the wifi.

Jamf Pro review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Jamf Pro"

What do you like best?

I really like the way you can manage the MacOS. The ability to chain policies is very helpful when setting up new MacOS devices. With DEP and Jamf Pro you can hand the user a new laptop and be able to walk away, knowing that they will be able to setup and use the device without IT needing to be there with them.

What do you dislike?

There are a few feature requests, that if implemented, would make the overall user experience with Jamf many times better. For example not having a parental portal, that would allow for after school restrictions on the Apple device is a drawback.

Saving time setting up new devices for end users. This has allowed the department to save many man hours. These hours are then used on other projects that have helped reduce the costs within the District.

Jamf Pro review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Jamf: EEM + MDM = For the Win"

What do you like best?

Jamf's entire business model is built around helping Orgs succeed with Apple. It's in their best interest to do so - in a way this is kind of a built in guarantee. and they are extremely receptive to feedback and customer input.

What do you dislike?

At times Jamf can lag in support of documented API's that Apple provides; often times it's the other way around and they lead on this point, though. Sometimes Jamf can be a little too over the top when it comes to their communication style and friendliness, but this is hardly a BAD thing. I generally take this as just trying to be really nice and not fake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask to fully evaluate the product with a live test instance.

Secure fleet management of Apple Devices. Many benefits, mostly surrounding repeatable, audit-able, and secure institutionally-owned device management.

Jamf Pro review by Arno K.
Arno K.

"A good experience"

What do you like best?

I like the power of jamf. Being able to create exention attributes is by far the most powerful thing about it for me.

Also I am now starting to experiment with preference files and custom plist with configuations profiles.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of setup. I am still having troubles setting things up. The certificates are a bit unclear to me. My quickadd package does not work because of this. I also don't like things like the login triggers not being supported anymore because apple does not support that anymore. It should be engineered by jamf to make these things work out of the box once more, not by having to create all sorts of launchdaemons myself. That's why I got a thing like jamf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great piece of software. It's just not easy with a company like apple.

I took over the mac computer management from another guy who was working with ARD.

Jamf made it easier to deploy new softwares, update them. Update computers with the apple patches, provide the users with problem solving scripts in their app stores, managing profiles with settings on all machines, and so on

Jamf Pro review by Tony Q.
Tony Q.

"The best Apple platform management software"

What do you like best?

A Mobile Device Management (MDM) service compliments each other, between Apple and JAMF.

It also works with Apple official programs like Device Enrollment Program and Volum Purchase Program, the integration with Apple services is the best thing about Jamf Pro, you can fully use all Apple features with Jamf Pro.

The interface is clear, very easy to manage, it also provides useful information that we could not get anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Price can be a little bit high for SMBs. I am aware that Jamf offer Jamf Now or small businesses, but the feature can be quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of other platforms offers the similar features, but Jamf Pro definitely compliments Apple spirit, could be the most reliable and easy to use platform.

Mobile Device Managment for all our Apple equipment and Apple devices related campaigns;

Inventory management with DEP;

Application (in-house and App Store) distribution and deployment.

It works really steady, we rely on the platform.

Jamf Pro review by Kaho T.
Kaho T.

"Best MDM Solution hands down"

What do you like best?

Everything really from the product to the training courses to the support staff. Absolutely awesome.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about JAMF so far it has been good

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an MDM solution this is the one to go for, we had a look at other solutions but find that they are limited to what it can do. JAMF offers much more features, you may not use them all but you never know what the future may hold. We started by just using it for our iOS devices now we are using it with our Mac OS devices. Pay per number of devices to use the software and get support as well. Oh yeah the JAMF Nation community is like the best forum to seek answers to anything JAMF. If you run into any issue 95% chance someone already found a fix for it in the forum.

We have over 1000 Apple Devices from Mac OS devices to iOS devices. JAMF Pro allows swift and centralised management. Renders manual setup and management redundant which we absolutely love cause of the number of IT personnel in our organisation.

Jamf Pro review by Aidan P.
Aidan P.

"Best Apple Management Platform bar none."

What do you like best?

We use JAMF Pro to manage ~900 Macs and ~100 iPads and it allows us to fully managed all aspects of the devices with ease. Software and hardware inventory are very easily obtained, along with software deployment and zero-touch device deployment. JAMF Pro also offers zero day support for new models from Apple.

Documentation is excellent and the community site (JAMF Nation) is also very useful for getting help or information from other JAMF Pro users.

JAMF Support is very responsive to support issues and they have a local team in Australia as well, so you don't have to rely on time zone differences to receive support.

What do you dislike?

There are often bugs in each new release, especially major releases. JAMF are usually quick to address them, though sometimes they quite a long time before they are fixed.

Some elements of the UI in the admin console are confusing and it's not immediately obvious where to find certain settings (for example, LDAP group membership).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you setup a DEV environment for testing new releases before updating your production instance to see if there are any major bugs in each new release.

We are able to provision new devices with JAMF Pro and the Apple Device Enrolment Program with ease, as well as packaging software for end users to install via Self Service. The user experience is vastly improved compared to before we started using JAMF Pro.

Jamf Pro review by Jacob G.
Jacob G.

"It just always works."

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro once up and running functions great. Jamf has updates to work with new Apple features as soon as they are available. The support is great, very helpful and knowledgeable about their product.

What do you dislike?

I have had updates cause the system to stop working, but as long as you create a backup first it is not the end of the word. This is rare. I have only had this occur twice in over 2 years of using Jamf Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a program that works and does what it says, get Jamf Pro. It is difficult to get up and running, but once you have it working you will love it.

I use Jamf Pro to manage our prek-6th grade iPads for our school district. Over 500 iPads controlled between two buildings all on one mac mini. The functionality of the system is great, there is very little I would change.

Jamf Pro review by Isidoro "Roy" J.
Isidoro "Roy" J.

"The obvious choice for Apple device management"

What do you like best?

This tool is simply powerful, without being too complicated. Combined with Apple DEP and VPP, Jamf is your one-stop shop for MDM.

Whether you only want to use it for management, or for pushing out company policies, power is there. After fiddling around with things, or getting help through the awesome forums, you'll find yourself pushing out webclips in user docs, preventing torrent programs from being used, and automatically deploying printers.

What do you dislike?

There is a little bit of a learning curve involved, but the forums are super helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is the defacto standard for Apple MDM. I've had former colleagues tell me that switching to Addigy was a huge mistake, and that they should've stuck with Jamf

Managing company assets. We're also able to provide quick access to commonly requested software via Self Service

Jamf Pro review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Unmatched quality and support for Apple EMM"

What do you like best?

Support, focus on user empowerment and user experience, focus on native and reliable Apple experience with minimum “workarounds” which are often employed by competitors

What do you dislike?

Ha, not much! There are some bottlenecks I and minor gripes I have with the JSS UI, even though that is soon changing. For example, I would love the ability to do “bulk” actions more, like mass delete policies or scripts without using the API. I would also like the web app to load faster as a cloud customer - those extra few seconds make a huge difference

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the Mac particularly, please do NOT consider any other product. None of them has the capability or reliability or understanding of the Mac platform. Many competitors do basic “MDM” but you need to go beyond that with class-A inventory management, security compliance, packaging and other management tasks

Jamf helps us work towards full user self-service and automation of our Mac deployment

Jamf Pro review by Samuel M.
Samuel M.

"A power product for power users"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro allows us the flexibility to manage our environment as we need. Unlike Active Directory, Jamf is extensible and allows us to collect data, manage, and configure endpoints on our own terms.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more 1st-party support and product offerings and breadcrumbs throughout the application. There’s a lot of clicks to get simple things done. An in-line script editor and package upload utility would be useful!

We have a massive fleet of systems on campus which are in a multitude of locations. Our current self-service utility, BigFix, is slow and cumbersome, and not user friendly. With Jamf Pro we are able to leverage thoughtful self service, endpoint deployment, and overall manage our customer support and service experience from end to end while reducing overall technician hours. Software which normally would take hours to deploy and lots of babysitting would now be only a click away, no tech time necessary.

Jamf Pro review by Jared N.
Jared N.

"Jamf makes Mac and iOS management a breeze"

What do you like best?

The University of Oklahoma libraries have been using Jamf for years, and I only just started this past summer 2017 in the role as Mac/Jamf admin. Jamf has made being a Mac admin in a larger higher-Ed environment for easiest and more enjoyable for things like deployments and troubleshooting, using scripting/automation, imaging, and patch management.

What do you dislike?

There’s not too much that I dislike, however I do wish that their was an official Jamf app for my iPhone that worked better than the mobile version of JSS. Also, as a newish user to Jamf/JSS, it would be cool if there were some kind of hoverable question mark type icons in JSS that would give brief explanations for some of the different aspects of the JSS, rather than having to jump out of the JSS and search for answers in the Jamf documnetion and Jamf forums (both of which are great).

Mass deployment, inventory management, patch management, imaging and reimaging

Jamf Pro review by Sandy H.
Sandy H.

"jamf Pro- Best for iOS-OS X Enterprise Management"

What do you like best?

As a long time customer, there are many things I could include here, but time and again the number one has to be the level of support provided.

I have never had a case closed without resolution.

I have never had a support contact drop my issue.

I have never had my support specialist declare any issue to be "Third Party" and not their problem.

What do you dislike?

I guess if I have to list something here, i dislike that I do not have the time to delve into every feature that is offered in the standard jamf Pro Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization wants top quality in product features and support, then jamf Pro is the only choice!

jamf also promises and delivers on Zero-Day support on Apple iOS and OS X Operating System releases.

As a systems administrator for a K12 school district, I manage over 4200 iOS devices and 2200 OS X devices. Without jamf Pro, I cannot imagine what this would look like, but my guess is, it would be a mess.

My jamf Pro system is robust and agile. ! can manage situations that arise quickly and with minimal impact to network or end user.

Jamf Pro review by Weldon D.
Weldon D.

"Why we use Jamf Pro"

What do you like best?

We rely on Apple's Device Enrollment Program for iOS devices and Jamf has a great solution for automatic enrollment and management. MDM is critical for iOS deployments and Jamf Pro provides all the features we need there. On the Mac side of the house, we specifically rely Jamf Pro for FileVault encryption management across our fleet of computers. We also use many of the other management features for configuration and compliance.

What do you dislike?

The patch management solution for keeping software up-to-date on the Mac platform is a weak point. We use other tools here to simplify package management and patching. The reporting is helpful, but requires a lot of manual setup and configuration to get just right. It would be nice if there were more built-in or pre-packaged reports to guide you to proactive solutions for issues that are reported with endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the idea of "one piece of glass" to manage disparate platforms is overrated. I believe it's better to choose the best tool for each platform, and Jamf Pro is the best tool for the Apple platforms.

We provide education and business customers with fully managed solutions to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor iOS and Mac devices. Jamf Pro provides the foundation for our management stack, even though we also draw on other commercial and OSS solutions. We have realized significant productivity enhancements by being able to build automated, repeatable, and monitored solutions to common issues.

Jamf Pro review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"Jamf Pro is amazing!"

What do you like best?

I like how with a click of a few buttons I can automate a task that would take my team weeks to complete. I like the quick response and thoroughness from Jamf Support. After moving from open source management solutions to JAMF I have had much more time to implement ways that increases the quality of service for our environment.

What do you dislike?

While Jamf is working hard on implementing patch management, I wish it was here sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the time that is spent trying to get the other products to work for you and you will likely see it is worth the money.

We are able to image a computer and have a computer on a users desk within the hour. If I need to push out a policy in order to comply with our security team's request I can do that. We are able to store File Vault recovery keys on the Jamf server, in the event that someone is out of town and needs to get into their computer than can. We pull application usage logs in our computer lab environment to justify the need for licensed software.

Jamf Pro review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Jamf Pro is great and getting better"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is easy to use, yet extensible and flexible. It makes it easy to manage 10-10,000 devices! Most importantly, Jamf Pro was/is developed with Apple products, and for Apple products. Jamf also doesn't outsource support, it is done in house. Response times when dealing with support have been excellent. This is one of my biggest issues with other vendors. The product is only as good as the service backing it. Jamf is all over it, and they are ready when new iOS features are released by Apple out of the gate

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is the documentation, specifically the docs that reference making OS, Java, Apache Tomcat, or MySQL changes. Those pieces of information are often vague, which JAMF says is intentional due to many supported server configurations. I would personally like to see more detailed "best practice" documentation for the 4 major supported OS's: OS X, Ubuntu Server, RHEL, and Windows Server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro offers one of the best "out of box" experiences in my opinion around Apple device management. I would suggest going through the official training if possible however, and having someone on staff certified depending on your businesses size.

I image Mac's, manage and update software, and control security settings. I've come to value how well JAMF Pro works for enforcing security policies and restrictions across a wide variety of devices.

Jamf Pro review by David Y.
David Y.

"Jamf is the best!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Jamf for over 5 years now and it's been a wonderful tool to manage our K-12 devices - both laptops and iPads. It provides an extremely intuitive interface for managing app deployment and an all-encompassing toolset for creating packages and deploying software to laptops. We've also utilized the Shared Model sync from PowerSchool > ASM > Jamf which is a great way to get iPads into the most student hands until we go fully 1-to-1.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot of negatives to report about Jamf overall. It's a pretty rock-solid product which they keep up to code with Apple's latest releases. If I had to pick something to complain about, right now I'd say I'm not as happy with support. Usually support is top-notch, and I have no doubt that they will get my system up and running in a pinch, but if it's a bug or glitch or something simple that you want to chat about and make sense of it's felt like pulling teeth with the first level of support and I pretty much just avoid it and go straight to my Apple rep to bounce those questions around. I used to have a solid relationship with our previous account reps but not so much right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some free MDM options out there, but in my opinion Jamf is well worth the money for our deployment of over 5,000 devices and growing. Even as we've added more devices, the tiered pricing has allowed it to be competitively priced to absorb those costs. They are also not working with Apple School Manager and PowerSchool to allow for sync'ing over of data, which is working great.

Jamf has been great for app deployment, software deployment, filtering of devices, restriction of permissions and software, the ability to find lost devices (lock), and creating Classes in both shared and single user modes.

Jamf Pro review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Jamf Pro is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

SELF SERVICE app is the best thing since moving to Macintosh OS in our school! This allows our IT department more time to work on more pressing matters since our teachers/staff/students can go get the apps they need asap using Self Service.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to say anything bad about Jamf. Their support specialists are the best! They are always there to support us. The only thing I would say needs to be better is the price of the classes they offer. It is very expensive, but I feel is the best way to understand how to use the product to the fullest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the classes offered by Jamf Pro. Helps understand how to use the product.

Mobile Device Management! I can manage 600+ devices seamlessly using Jamf Pro. There are so many benefits including Self Service and DEP (Device Enrollment Program) PreStage Enrollment. The DEP PreStage Enrollment allows use to distribute computers without imaging. Zero touch enrollment! It is amazing!!! This saves so much time and energy.

Jamf Pro review by Manos S.
Manos S.

"There's A Reason Jamf Pro is the Standard for Mac and iOS Management"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is easy to use, yet extensible and flexible. It makes it easy to manage 10-10,000 devices! Most importantly, Jamf Pro was/is developed with Apple products, and for Apple products. Jamf doesn't spread itself too thin trying to make sure that they can support every OS and product under the sun. This specialization has helped ensure that Jamf offers zero-day support for new releases.

What do you dislike?

While Jamf Pro's learning curve isn't steep, it can be a little daunting to wrap your head around what it offers. Also, the start-up isn't exactly 'turn-key'. You'll need the Jamf Jump-start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not saying that Jamf Pro is expensive, but look for more than price when looking at a MDM solution. Also, IMO, Jamf Pro is also the one solution that's the most tightly integrated with Apple.

We're managing thousands of Macs, (and some iPads as well) across five continents, with a small staff! What we're realizing is that our Windows management, which has long been seen as the 'leader' in terms of device management is just catching up to what we've been doing with Jamf Pro.

Jamf Pro review by Hanan K.
Hanan K.

"Best in class for Mac Management, hands down"

What do you like best?

The ability to have as simple or complicated an architecture as you need. We were up and running within a few hours and managing our Macs out of the box, but with scripting and policies we now have a very dialed in approach that meets the needs of our environment.

What do you dislike?

The training/certification system makes it very hard to get certified unless you are already in a JAMF using business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it.

Before JAMF our Mac environment was the wild west. No distribution, hand built machines, no patching... just a nightmare. Now we are in many ways running a tighter ship on the Mac side then we do on Windows. And we owe that to JAMF.

Jamf Pro review by Tracey G.
Tracey G.

"Jamf Pro A Great Product for MDM"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, along great user interface which is intuitive. Support is always there no matter how complicated or trivial a issue/question is. The training programs are well worth the expense.

What do you dislike?

Im really happy with the product, there are always little things that are specific to an environment that cause issues, but you would encounter this no matter what MDM solution you utilised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is well on the way to zero touch deployment in our organisation, giving IT Staff more time to assist and educate the end users. If your organisation wants the end user to feel empowered and in control of what software they have on their devices Jamf Pro is well worth considering.

Ensuring all users have the right up to date resources to do their job. The updated patch management has made pushing out updates less time consuming, giving me time to work on more integrated tasks with the API

Jamf Pro review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Simply the best solution for Mac MDM"

What do you like best?

Jamf always has the latest MDM functionality. It's the most comprehensive Apple device management system around; also, I like that it's very extensible - if I don't have an out-of-the-box solution for our business I can usually create one.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if it had Android support, I guess. I really don't dislike anything enough that would cause me to look elsewhere at this point - our team has evaluated several alternatives, but we keep coming back to Jamf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There can be a bit of a learning curve, but it's really worth it. Once you wrap your head around it you have a complete management solution for your Macs.

Jamf Pro provides a very flexible platform for managing Macs in Enterprise. We are able to manage our machines on par with our Windows counterparts - in fact, sometimes better. We can keep them very secure and up-to-date, generate comprehensive reporting, integrate with other IT systems, and always take advantage of the latest technology that Apple provides within a reasonable time frame.

Jamf Pro review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"I love Jamf"

What do you like best?

Jamf pro has a slick interface and Jamf cloud was so easy to set up. Jamf Support is quick, helpful and courteous. Jamfnation provides a community that helps solve all mac admin issues.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but there are a few areas of improvement. Improve configuration profiles on the mac OS side and potentially include an uninstall action when deploying a package in self service on the same policy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on managing a lot of Macs, this is the absolute way to go. Also it's cheaper than airwatch in the long run and way easier to set up.

MDM and security. Centralizing management against a college campus

Jamf Pro review by Kodi B.
Kodi B.

"Jamf is a must for managing MacOS and iOS"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of JAMF is the patch management.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything i dislike about the product, but there are some features that I would like them to add. One feature in particular that I think the JAMF team should add is the ability to automatically download the newest version of an app in patch management. That being said, JAMF does have links to download on their website and the JAMF community is good about sharing tips among each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about Jamf Pro vs any of its competitors, look no further..this is the best.

We are a security focused team, so it is really helpful to be able to patch 3rd party software the day an update is released. We have had a significant reduction in vulnerabilities since we started using JAMF. JAMF also handles MacOS updates and app updates with ease.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"So easy to use yet so powerful "

What do you like best?

I have been using Jamf Pro for over three years now and man it has made my life a whole bunch easier! The interface is pretty and is very intuitive. The amount of powerful tools that you have at your fingertips is crazy! The great way that Jamf Pro handles macOS as well as IOS is so good, and makes life as a sys admin soooo much nicer! And lets face it.. it makes I.T look like super stars 🌟🌟

What do you dislike?

Like any system there are bugs that sometime show their ugly faces.. Though they are usually squashed pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at the competition though do yourself a favour and trail it for free first. Don’t only think about the product think about the support that you will need going forward. The Jamf support is incredible as well as their training. It’s the whole package.

We are able to distributes Apps and books and other materials so much quicker and more efficient with the end users experience not effected. We have found that our end users trust us more because they just see stuff happen and they are not disrupted by it.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"A great solution for schools"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of customization available and it can be built around what makes sense for your organization as opposed to a cookie cutter approach.

What do you dislike?

While JAMF likes to update their software as soon as possible, there have been a few times they have rushed to update resulting in issues that can take a few days to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot more complicated than you may think to set up. So before doing anything, think of how you would like to ideally like to manage your devices and create a step by step plan, and then discuss it with the person who will help you set up so you are both on the same page.

We no longer have to touch each and every iPad or enter Apple ID passwords. Teachers and librarians have the ability to manage their own devices, and wipe them at the end of the year so they are fresh with the same software for the new year.

Jamf Pro review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"JAMF allowed my small business to bring IT in house"

What do you like best?

We love JAMF Pro's ease of use and quick setup time. Within a few days we were able to deploy and start testing in our environment. It has allowed us to automate many IT tasks and eliminate our need for expensive outside consultants.

What do you dislike?

We wish that the patch management was a little more full featured. We know this is a feature that is coming in version 10 and are very excited!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better solution for Apple in the enterprise.

We have an all Mac environment, and through JAMF, we are able to ensure our users get the best Apple experience. For our small business (<50 employees), we were able to bring our IT in house, and it free'd up a lot of time previously spent with desk-side assistance.

Jamf Pro review by Nathan A.
Nathan A.

"Focuses on where it excells"

What do you like best?

The ability to control what users can do with their Macs. We have to completely remove users' ability to mess with their Macs and manage them completely. Jamf gives us that capability. I also like how easy it is to create new settings/packages and push them out globally.

What do you dislike?

How Apple interacts with Jamf and MDMs - so not really a Jamf issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product does what it says it does - it manages Macs - and it does it right.

Limiting users' admin access, limiting what users can do; standardizing Macs installed software and settings, managing iPads, and making Apple management more hands-off.

Jamf Pro review by jennifer S.
jennifer S.

"JAMF service"

What do you like best?

The technical support can walk you through anything! They are patient, they do not give up and they follow up! Can't ask for any more than that!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have encountered that was annoying was the EST. I am on the east coast so I start work earlier than the call center number I had for support. I have not encountered that problem in a while so maybe it is corrected or maybe I haven't had morning problems!!

I work in a school district. JAMF is great for managing our Apple devices. It helps that all our apps can be managed through one place and keeping track of the updates etc. are all done with JAMF.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"A system that can be beneficial to your environment."

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use, it's not often I have no idea where to look for a feature available in the product. The community is one that is very helpful and knows a lot about the product. A discussion on Jamf Nation will often yield a result in favour of the poster in relation to their question/issue.

What do you dislike?

The release cycle can be a bit slow and although they state they support new versions of OSs as they are released, they often won't have complete support until months later (missing new features often configuration profile options or other options deemed not important enough for zero day release.)

Allows the management of our 200 devices with relative ease. Self Service has been the most useful for our organisation which has cut down our tickets considerably by simply cutting software installation being completed by technicians.

"Simplified, powerful management"

What do you like best?

Jamf has been a game changer for our Mac and iOS administration. Compared to our SCCM management of Windows, we have a much higher level of confidence in our ability to determine what is occurring on our Mac endpoints, in the success (or failure) of our software deployments and updates, and in our security compliance.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, the price has continued to be an issue; we pay it because it’s necessary. Also, given that our FileVault verification is stored in Jamf, we are stuck either losing historical encryption data for audit purposes or paying for extra licenses to maintain endpoint records. This only further exacerbates the cost concern.

We are able to keep our payroll positions for Mac support and admin at a minimum because of the simplicity and power that Jamf provides. Our Mac admin has been able to fully manage our Mac fleet from imaging on through the lifecycle AND pick up other significant responsibilities because Jamf takes care to f so much of his work for him.

Jamf Pro review by Joost Z.
Joost Z.

"The tool to manage any MAC Device"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to manage a device. No complexity in the JAMF Pro solution. The product is aligned with the Apple way of thinking. After the jumpstart you are ready to go! Adoption was never so easy for us.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We are still really happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you want to manage ant apple enviroment... Jamf Pro is the way to go!

We use jamf for all devices that we use in our retail stores. Its very simple to enroll a devices when it is configured with Apple DEP. The devices are even not touched by the IT department!

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"Jamf is Awesome and works"

What do you like best?

I like that JAMF has 0 day compatibility and that all they do is management for Apple products instead of other products where they focus on Windows and Apple is just an after thought. I also like the interface, its user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Activatation Bypass code does not work on iPads with find my iPad enabled. Not sure if it's a JAMF thing or an Apple Issue. Also, when you set device name for an iPad, I would like for it to save it and rename the ipad when the ipad is erased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product to use and they make it better each update.

Managing our 1:1 is made easy. If it wasn't for Jamf we would need double or triple the staff to manage the same number of devices.

Jamf Pro review by Brett J.
Brett J.

"Highly Recommended - Best in its class!"

What do you like best?

It is EXTREMELY easy to use. Configuration and back end setup can be a bit daunting, especially if you're new to Apple device management, but use of the JAMF product on a day to day basis is borderline common sense.

What do you dislike?

I work in a K-12 institution and the biggest reason I love JAMF Pro so much is that it allows me to solve issues before they even become issues. For example, in the past VPN's have been a big issue here, kids trying to circumvent the network restrictions, however with JAMF it's extremely easy for us to keep undesired software, apps, and configurations off of our kids' devices.

Jamf Pro review by Doug E.
Doug E.

"Essential tool for a Mac environment"

What do you like best?

taks that used to take hours to accomplish across all our devices (and we don't even have that many) now take minutes thanks to Jamf Pro.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty steep. The documentation is good, but when it comes to learning how to get form point A to point D it takes some extra trial and error to find the best path: A to B to C to D? Or Can I go A to D? A to B to D?

The UI and UX needs some work, but v10 which is coming soon will address both of those.

The biggest pain point, patch management, is getting a fix too with v10.

V10 will be a huge upgrade that will eliminate many of the weaknesses, but none of them are that big a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! I wish we had made this move years ago. The cost to get up and running is a bit steep with the Jumpstart, but its so worth it once you get it in your environment.

-Deployment of new hardware in minutes with no hands on IT needed

-Re-imaging existing hardware in minutes vs hours

-enforcing security policies

-enabling users to self service their machines, makes them feel empowered and in control and dramatically reduces IT costs

Jamf Pro review by John M.
John M.

"Great product from a great company"

What do you like best?

Extension attributes and smart groups are probably my most used features in jamf pro. Giving us the ability to use scripts to collect information and then search based on it is very useful.

I also love that they do take their customers' requests seriously and respond to many of them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes jamf focuses on adding new features to the product instead of fixing features that do not work properly, or have stopped working since a patch release.

I wish jamf would implement a built-in solution for pushing out configuration profiles instead of relying on the APNS; the APNS can be spotty at times and even fail completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you go through the training and really get hands on with a dev environment. I would also recommend taking the jamf courses, they're really helpful!

Check out jamfnation if you need anything, it's full of super smart, helpful people who are customers just like you.

One other suggestion, learn to write some scripts, it's super useful!

We manage many machines that are used for different things; labs, laptops, studios, etc., we were able to utilize policies to set up docks for every user based on the computer they were using and based on what applications are installed.

We also utilize the imaging quite often since we're not using DEP. The thin imaging has made our workflow so much easier than using a monolithic image, especially since we have so many different varieties of machine and use.

Jamf Pro review by Justin R.
Justin R.

"I am a Lead Mac Systems Administrator at Clinton Public School District"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage and push out software. There is no way we would be able to manage an enviroment of over 6000 devices without this great software.

What do you dislike?

the occasional unreliability, when it works its great but when it doesn't it will throw you for a loop. Luckily the support is very good and they can usually get you up and running again pretty quick as long as it isn't anything crazy

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use the same software all the big guys use this is the way to go. I haven't used the others because i know what kinds of companies use this product and if jamf wants to keep going they will continue to innovate in the management sector the way they have been.

We have over 3500 computers that we manage and about the same amount of ipads. it would take a massive staff to accomplish this without an MDM like jamf.

Jamf Pro review by Lance B.
Lance B.

"Jamf Pro has helped our company manage MACs so much better!! I would be lost without it. "

What do you like best?

The self service portal is very helpful. The Pre-Stage enrollment helps me setup computers easier, Were able to remote wipe and lock computers which is helpful, The support is AWESOME and fast

What do you dislike?

I wish the skip user create on pre stage enrollment worked-was told their was a bug and a fix is in the works, I wish I came across more free training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is an amazing tool and software to have in your environment. It's features and uses's are never ending. It's sometimes confusing on how to do something because their is so many ways to do it. Trial and error. Support is very quick at responding and awesome to work with.

computer management, software management, software deployments, Asset security

Jamf Pro review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Jamf Pro is the Best Tool for Macs"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Jamf Pro is how they constantly keep up with Apple's changing ecosystem and features. They constantly provide updates that allow us to manage all the latest functionality from Apple.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that has been a pain point is the clunkiness of the web interface and the lack of UX changes to the web interface as more features have been added as well as to their Jamf Pro application suite.

This tool has given us unparalleled control over patch management, onboarding and deployment, and meeting security requirements of our institution. When a software changes or a patch needs to be deployed, we are able to react quickly using Jamf Pro to scope and deploy these using granular controls.

Jamf Pro review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"JAMF Pro best management product for the Mac"

What do you like best?

JAMF has great tools that allow any Mac admin to easily manage and configure apple devices and provide excellent user experience. The best thing about JAMF is the excellent support the offer to all their customers as well the JAMF nation user community.

What do you dislike?

If i have to say one thing i dislike is the fact that i still have to rely on Markdown syntax for self-service. Please allow HTML

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan on taking all the certifications classes, they really help a lot and is a great investment

JAMF Pro has allowed us "Mac Admins" at Macy's Inc. to maintain proper software and security compliance which in the past was a very difficult task for us to achieve with other tools.

Jamf Pro review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Got Macs or iOS devices in your environment? JAMF is a no brainer"

What do you like best?

Super powerful and intuitive for mac and ios administration. JAMF Cloud has made this service even more obtainable without the need for on-site hardware. I can not wait to dive into JAMF Pro 10 and set up patch management.

What do you dislike?

There isnt too much I dislike but I do wish JAMF cloud was a little quicker .....but this is nitpicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the CCT course to really get the most out of your JAMF Pro instance. There are also great classes such as the CCA and CCE which will expand your knowledge even further.

Setting up security best practices such as screen locks and restricted software lists so help keep unwanted software off computers.

Jamf Pro review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Great Product, great support, great community"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use with simple logic to control both iOS and macOS. Configuration profiles allow for easy to use settings to control. Self Service allows for easy dissemination of approved applications to your users.

What do you dislike?

they're limited to what apple allows - but that's the nature of the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will give you the best of breed experience controlling macOS in your environment. There is a lot to achieve when using JAMF Pro it all depends on your organizations needs. Once you start using the product you will find more ways to keep using it.

I have granular control over our Mac environment, currently implementing NAC on the computer side which allows us to lock down our network. JAMF Pro has been very helpful to easily push out the proper certificates and see which computers are having issues.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Only Way To Go"

What do you like best?

The incredible ease of use when paired with DEP to image both iOS and MacOS devices is unrivaled.

Also, the flexibility to completely restrict and manage both device types from anywhere saves a lot of time and money for remote workers.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more outside integrations built into the platform. The ability to have a single pane of glass view is important; the new deal with Microsoft brings that a bit IF you are using Intune also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go Hosted! The level of effort required to maintain the tenant is literally zero; I get an email about once a month that it will be unavailable for a very small, convenient, and FLEXIBLE maintenance window and that is it.

Jamf allows us to put in place real device restrictions as well as keep tabs on any device that may go AWOL from anywhere. This level of agility cannot be found in another platform without some clumsy and often unnecessary sand boxing of apps that can cause other compatibility issues.

Jamf Pro review by User

"New to JAMF"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for deploying VPP apps to devices

What do you dislike?

Since I've only used JAMF to deploy apps I can't really say there is anything I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Jamf Pro has reduced the amount of tech hands-on hours that we spent managing the devices in our district. With one central management system for our Apple Devices we are able to lock down how we want our devices and users to act in our domain.

Since we are an educational user we are able to make sure that students & teachers are not randomly downloading apps or altering the devices system setup. Using JAMF to manage our products has cut down on the tech time we spent cleaning up what users had done on their apple devices.

Jamf Pro review by Bradley S.
Bradley S.

"Great MDM but starting lose ground in Education"

What do you like best?

Rock solid MDM features. It's not too complex to use, yet it has powerful backend management features. Smart groups are one of its strongest features.

What do you dislike?

Being in education I rate based upon education features. This is where JAMF is loosing focus. The Casper Focus App was the first and best app for iPad classroom management a few years ago. Now that has changed and it's missing innovative features. One major short coming is the way it handles classes. If a teacher locks iPads and some of those lose Wifi access, you'll have to wipe the iPad. This could be avoided if JAMF set and expiration time on the configuration profile it's dishing out. This is something two competitors have figured out and resolved. I know JAMF will point to Apple Classroom as taking over for Casper Focus, sadly Apple Classroom has soft spots that allow students to break free of a an app lock in 5 seconds with either the Bluetooth or Wifi toggles. Zulu Desktop and MoSyle have better teacher apps. Lastly, I wished in could use Google Apps as an authentication source rather than Active Directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JAMF is one of the best out there. If in education, consider Zulu Desktop or Mosyle for their great teacher apps. As always consider reviews. JAMF is 100% stable and support is top notch for those reasons it's hard to look elsewhere for my MDM solution.

Overall JAMF is very effective and robust. Keeping students managed in very specific permission sets is its strongest feature set. Coupled with some Active Directory magic, my students are automatically added to their rule set defined by graduation year. Configurations are assigned to groups rather than individuals. Addtional smart groups can populate based on a number of factors determined once a day by the iPad Inventory check (low space, certain apps installed, jailbreak, etc.).

Jamf Pro review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"Jamf Pro - A Gift to the Enterprise."

What do you like best?

This has been the biggest gift we could have given ourselves when it comes to managing macs at work. From automating configurations and policies, to asset management, there was nothing better than Jamf when comparing Apples to Apples. Best MDM ever! We go to JNUC every year, and we feel this is such a good way to get involved with the community and Jamf themselves. We like to know the latest and greatest, and try deploying new features as soon as they are available. Couldn't ask for more!

What do you dislike?

Some small nit-picky bugs, it was a little difficult to setup if you don't have IT experience. The setup time to get deployed was really short, but to get it FULLY fleshed out took nearly a year. But this was mostly due to our teams limitations and workload, and lack of being able to configure it ourselves when we wanted it. NO Jamf Pro 10 yet!!! They keep extending the current 9.XXX version, and it's funny that it went from 9.99 to 9.100 to 9.101. Hahaha Once 10.0 is out, all will be well. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other MDMs, you will be blown away at how much better Jamf is when compared to their competition.

Aside what problems it solves with automation through profiles and policies, the community is heavily involved in making this product better, and Jamf actually listens. Pretty much everything we want to do with Jamf, we've made possible thanks to the community.

Jamf Pro review by Jesse Crosby M.
Jesse Crosby M.

"Jamf Pro and the love side of Mac Admin life"

What do you like best?

Composer, casper admin, casper remote and self service

What do you dislike?

The fact the there are no customizable pre-configurable tasks within JSS, example, to perform secure lock down of various parts of the OS or say enable FileVault 2, you would think there should be templates that can be edited like how Microsoft has pre-defined Group Policy Objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is a great tool as far the Administration, Inventory, Deployment and Securing of Mac is concerned.

It's completely worth being part of the core infrastructure of any enterprise's device management tools.

A lot of the features a very intuitive and you transfer knowledge if you're someone who has been previously an Admin on the Windows side of things.

There are really a lot of features that gives you a high degree of flexibility for customization, which you normally don't find with other products. And if you have great scripting knowledge you can take this product to a limitless heights.

On-boarding new Mac devices onto the corporate IT environment and keeping track of inventory for various sites, with this feature is now possible to report readily on the status of devices. And adding custom attribute feature allows for additional reporting which is excellent.

Composing Applications using composer, hosting in applications in Casper Admin and Deploying those applications using Self Service has helped reduce the number of service request for application installations.

Securing all Mac devices and performing out boarding functions such as secure wiping devices once users leave.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Hands down the best management framework for macOS and iOS"

What do you like best?

With JAMF Pro, I can effectively run a fleet of Macs and iOS devices with far fewer resources and greater flexibility than any competing products. The product is intuitive and robust, and continually improved and has proven to be very stable over the years. The JAMFnation community is also an extraordinary collection of IT professionals that are more helpful than any other I've found.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an easier way to import/export groups based on .csv's....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other management systems try to manage all platforms and only do a marginal job. Forget those - get a purpose built tool that's right for the job.

JAMF Pro allows me to manage our labs and editing suites and still accomplish all the other aspects of my job. Without JAMF I'd be spending way more time and wouldn't be able to offer the same levels of service. Between zero-day patching, the self-service app, and inventory / auditing features it's difficult 4 years later to imagine how I'd do my job without JAMF Pro

"Jamf Pro=Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Centralized location for everything that I need to successfully manage my clients' Macs and iStuff. It's amazing to be able to have one single place to ensure that apps are being installed, configuration profiles are being applied, new hardware is automatically enrolling, and my users are empowered to install software and run maintenance scripts on their own through Self Service.

What do you dislike?

Some UI description wordings are poorly written and lead to confusion. Mobile UI has come a long way but is not easy to navigate on iPhone. Some fields are completely inaccessible due to screen resizing issues.

Compliance is huge. Being able to report across all company owned computers and remedying any that are out of compliance (security settings, app updates, OS updates).

Jamf Pro review by Dustin D.
Dustin D.

"Jamf Pro, Local, Apple, Zero Day Releases, Support, it's all there"

What do you like best?

They don't outsource support, it is done in house. Response times when dealing with support have been excellent. This is one of my biggest issues with other vendors. The product is only as good as the service backing it. Jamf is all over it, and they are ready when new iOS features are released by Apple out of the gate, I love this. Cloud hosting is the way to go for us. No on site maintenance required, Jamf techs take care of upkeep, updates and issues without us having to do anything.

What do you dislike?

The GUI could use some improvement. It's certainly not bad just could be improved looks a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they are an Apple only company at the moment, it would be nice to see support for other platforms. That said since all resources go into Apple they know there stuff on Apple products and I love zero day releases are tested so come launch day it's ready to rock.

DEP devices enrolled directly into Jamf for zero touch IT configuration. The remote control you have over your devices especially is supervised mode is fantastic. No dealing with itunes accounts to download apps, VPP for our business is the way to go. It just works.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"JAMF Pro Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage our systems without worrying about the little things. With some minor settings and making some minimum configurations, we were able to quickly get a whole view of our environment. This allowed us to target our resources on what we wanted to manage.

What do you dislike?

Only dislike would be the amount of documentation provided for how to complete some of the work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it now. If you manage any number of Mac's, from a small business to a large enterprise, you should be using this product.

Patching and Maintenance of our systems. We have a more secure mac environment now that we can fully understand what is out there and are able to quickly make changes as needed. We can push OS and Application packages as soon as they are available, and Jamf Pro has allowed us quickly identify problem areas in some of our enterprise configurations

Jamf Pro review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Jamf is by far the #1 apple mdm solution "

What do you like best?

I'd say the thing I love best about jamf and their products is the sense of community that comes along with the products. You don't find that in many software companies. And the deep integration between Apple and jamf is by far the best in the industry... I mean just look even apple is using Jamf Pro

What do you dislike?

I would say the one thing that I dislike about Jamf Pro is the JDS but as far as I know this is a really common issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it. Other solutions don't even compare. The jumpstart may seem like a large investment but its JAMF's way of ensuring an awesome customer experience.

As an msp we will be solving loads of customer problems mainly streamlining onboarding of machines so use can be completely independent. We are currently still testing the product but are loving everything we can do with it. It's great.

Jamf Pro review by Noah A.
Noah A.

"Jamf Pro is a comprehensive end to end management system that simplifies Mac/iOS management alike"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro is an accessible, scalable system that grants great power to both new and veteran users alike. They have the resources and the technical knowhow to assist users on both ends of the spectrum with whatever they'd like to accomplish with the platform.

What do you dislike?

Jamf has a tendency to value aesthetic changes over functional ones, and implements features that are more iOS-centric than Mac, and the new Mac features to this point are ones that aren't easily implemented in a larger or enterprise environment.

Extension Attributes and API interactions are great benefits of the product. We've been able to utilize the former to easily track license counts of expensive software (& reclaim using policies or email communications) and use the latter to automate time consuming processes for static group additions for certain software provisions or granting end users more right and abilities via Self Service.

Jamf Pro review by Cy M.
Cy M.

"JAMF Pro...Save your Life."

What do you like best?

The ability to manage on-boarding, inventory, imaging and support in one platform. One tool set that handles everything we need to do to support a fleet of Mac users. If you put the time into planning, it can save you time in most every respect.

What do you dislike?

The issues that can occur with mobile users that move around a lot, sometimes machines stop reporting with OS updates etc. File my complaint under the general heading of "losing contact with computers." A small hassle for a lot of upside when your fleet is accessible wherever they travel. I also dislike how I got an A for this review, but then when I came back to edit it some more I had to add even more to my review to get the same review grade, very sneaky.

Cap EX inventory, software distribution (VPP program), iOS in-house applications, rental fleet imaging.

Jamf Pro review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Mac management made easy."

What do you like best?

JamfPro makes managing nearly 40,000 apple devices efficient and effective. The support staff at Jamf are simply the best. They are the standard by witch all customer support should be measured.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything specific that is not associated with just being in the computer management field.

One big issue we have been able to better mange is changes to our wireless authentication process. With nearly 40K devices mostly using wireless changing anything is daunting. With JamfPro we can make a change to a single profile and monitor as the change takes effect.

Jamf Pro review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"A great solution for Mac Software Deployment and Management."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product range. Once the infrastructure is in place, everything just works as it should.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot to dislike, once you understand how to navigate through the management console it is very straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you make use of the trail period and then the Boot Camp assistance to set up. Makes life so much easier!

This enables us to manage our 200+ devices across a range of locations, all from one central office.

Jamf Pro review by Nicholas P.
Nicholas P.

"Manage the previously in managed"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro allows easier management of device through the standard Apple system but in an single more intuitive place. By building on and combining Apple’s management tools you know it is going to work consistently all the while only having to work in a single interface.

What do you dislike?

Not all the information is accessible through APIs like recovering encryption keys. If that was available we would setup a self service site comparable to what we offer windows users. The only way to enforce enrollment is through DEP. Other than that we have to rely on support personnel or clients to enroll devices.

We have better management of the systems. We can more easily standardize our software deployments and maintain ownership of App Store software after a client leaves the organization. It provides our clients a more Apple like system for retrieving organizational software.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The Best Tool for an Apple Admin"

What do you like best?

I like that Jamf is focused on Apple and only Apple. Other MDMs try to do everything and because of that they aren't as strong in certain areas.

What do you dislike?

Jamf is sometimes slow to adopt new features that are in the MDM scope. I think that has gotten better recently with more frequent updates though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It's great. It'll make your job easier by automating many tasks and preventing things you might have to otherwise remediate.

We managed about 160 Macs and 1000 iOS devices spread out all over North America. We utilize DEP and prestage enrollments so we have a zero-touch deployment. Apple devices ship straight to end users and they set them up, saving us time and money.

Jamf Pro review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Apple / iOS management"

What do you like best?

Able to manage our organizations Apple hardware from cradle to grave. Deploying software, granting access, and speeding up the process of on-boarding new employees or refreshing hardware.

What do you dislike?

Not all features are baked into the software and you need to create workflows to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the @jamfnation channel on the MacAdmins.org slack group to find out what people think about Jamf.

Jamf Pro enables your support team to run smarter and leaner with the ability to manage computer updates and compliance at scale instead of one computer at a time.

Jamf Pro review by Melissa R.
Melissa R.

"Interesting"

What do you like best?

Ability to capture all relevant detail from a system in one interface. Microsoft expects you to buy bits and pieces and hire many staff to manage it all. This is one place where a small group, even one, can handle it all.

What do you dislike?

package management. Needs to be a solid thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you will still need another tool for package management but overall very much worth the cost as it bundles every other tool and reporting in one place.

managing a growing fleet of computers and deployments. The benefit is the easy of on boarding/off boarding staff via one interface.

Jamf Pro review by Jeremy C.
Jeremy C.

"Most comprehensive solution for MDM"

What do you like best?

The support and community make solving issues simple. Frequent patches correct software issues as well.

What do you dislike?

cost of training. Although the training pass is a great value, the initial sticker shock makes it hard to add into a budget

Recommendations to others considering the product

With time and training it is the only reasonable option. Jamf Nation and slack are great resources, but factory training is the only real way to get familiar with the software.

We are currently solving ownership of management within our satellite campuses by training on this software

Jamf Pro review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"Extremely powerful MDM solution with great support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use day to day, very up to date.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming to get started on.

We use it as our MDM solution for your iOS and MacOS devices. We like that it's all in one with robust reporting. JAMF does an amazing job of staying up to date on Apple's feature rollouts, so as soon (or almost as soon) as its available in a public release, we can work it into our management.

Jamf Pro review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Jamf Pro is Awesome"

What do you like best?

There are many things I like about Jamf Pro. From the world class support I get with having a Jamf buddy I can call if I'm stuck on an issue. Jamf Nation rocks filled with users that are in the Biz that can answer questions and provide help aswell.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the only thing I can think about that I dislike is that you guys dont offer a soultion on the PC side. Other than that Jamf is number 1.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Macs in your windows environment consider switching to Jamf. Their is a reason why Apple themselves use it. They are the real deal.

Managing multiple macs in a windows world can prove difficult. Jamf provides you the tools and solutions for Macs to live in a windows world.

Jamf Pro review by Tracy D.
Tracy D.

"I am the jamf admin "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to be able to work smarter not harder and jamf pro allows me to do this. We had the unfortunate experience of trying to manage hundreds of iPads without jamf and we are extremely grateful to have such an excellent management tool .

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to come up with something I dislike about it..

The ability to have teachers be able to self help instead of having tech intervention makes life better for techs. I can also send software out to devices in a much quicker turn time than manually installing.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Making Mac Management Easy"

What do you like best?

In my environment the most useful feature of Jamf pro is scoping a configuration profile to a smart group. The ability to do this saves me time every day from looking at each machine and deciding if it needs attention. Having a computer join a smart group once it meets a specific condition and then having an action automatically taken on the device is perfect.

What do you dislike?

I think lately one of the biggest disappointment is the bugs getting released into production. While most of these can be just an annoyance and to be expected with the amount of changes that happen to an operating system when it updates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into the options available to you such as on premises, Cloud and which add ins are needed

the management of macOS devices. This allows us to make changes realtime on our devices and not like other OS systems that need to wait to join a collection

Jamf Pro review by Frances R.
Frances R.

"Makes controlling a large deployment very easy!"

What do you like best?

I manage 500 iPads in an elementary school with Jamf, and it has made my life a lot easier. Easy to deploy an app to multiple devices quickly, giving teachers immediate access with no delay. Lost/misplaced devices can be locked and a message displayed on the lock screen, allowing them to be recovered quickly and easily. Other campuses in my district are planning to adopt Jamf for their iPad management in the upcoming school year, largely on my recommendation.

What do you dislike?

I have really found nothing to dislike. Any issues have been resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate!

We are able to control the apps our teachers use. We can control each device and wipe them clean if necessary.

Jamf Pro review by Corey P.
Corey P.

"The best for Mac Management"

What do you like best?

Our users love using the self service portal to get their applications. We also have printers packaged up in the self service portal so users can add them (we don't have print servers so the drivers are packaged with the printers when installed). We have a local install and it is rock solid and never goes down.

What do you dislike?

Everytime we update the server, all management machines using the Casper Suite need to be updated as well. They release a lot of updates so it gets to be a bit much to keep updating all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We mainly use it for Mac management. We can track all Macs in the enviroment and do pretty much anything we need to with them.

Jamf Pro review by Niels v.
Niels v.

"The best MDM tool for Apple devices!"

What do you like best?

The speed, user friendly interface, great support.

What do you dislike?

You have to know what you're doing. User errors can come easily and because of the speed, it is spread fast through the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a MDM tool to manage Apple devices, Jamf is the way to go!

We manage about 2500 devices with Jamf, which gives our users a fast, reliable, intuitive interface. Happy users mean the world to us.

Jamf Pro review by Edward S.
Edward S.

"jamf Pro 10 is the best release yet!!!"

What do you like best?

The training and Support is the best experience I have had with any other company. The jamf nation community is incredibly helpful. I look forward toward JNUC As much as I look forward to any Apple events.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any specific dislikes. There was one issue I had with editing policies and scopes where I had to scroll to the bottom of a list to save. That has been resolved with version 10.

Self Service is an important tool for both our techs and the users we support.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Mac Management Got You Down?"

What do you like best?

*VERY easy to install and deploy

*Streamlined standards management

*Reporting is a breeze

*MDM functionality (iOS/Android) and Apple Desktop Management from a single pane of glass

*Realtime scripting/ application deployment

*VERY good support team

*Config profile management is SUPER easy

*Customizable self service (branding)

What do you dislike?

*Management console CAN be wonky at times

*Some aspects of MCX cannot be controlled via config profiles as of late

*Initial gathering of machines requires a common admin username and password

*Does not import groups well from LDAP for management (single users work great!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have a Windows platform for management/imaging (i.e.: SCCM) and have had terrible heartaches with the mac management portion of it or some other management tool (i.e.: Dell Kace), then this product will steer you in a totally different direction. I was a previous Kace admin and, while I was able to get everything from imaging to software deployment to work, had a difficult time with it (everything is manual). SCCM really doesn't have the needed pieces to work with Apple products either. Jamf Pro provided the seamless experience for apple users and management for the admins for us. It has saved so many headaches.

Apple management was our end goal. It has since evolved into an application and MDM platform for us.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Pleased Overall"

What do you like best?

It's very powerful and there are many things that can implemented through Jamf Pro. You can really get control over your infrastructure should you chose to properly utilize everything Jamf Pro can offer.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. I had a slight issue with how the JSS looked and was organized, but I know with the newest update that will be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jamf Pro is an incredible product that has taken the management of Macs to a whole new level. I truly believe in the direction it is headed in and in it's ability to solve future problems that we will face. They constantly make it easier to navigate and use Jamf Pro, to a level where you don't need to be tech savvy to successfully make the most of Jamf Pro for your users. Jamf Pro isn't just a product but a mission now, as I saw when I went to the JNUC conference for it last year. I am truly curious about where Jamf Pro will be as the years go on.

-the most simple would be the ability to manage our macs.

-offering employees a way to install their own software.

-monitoring licenses for software through VPP. Another would be how quickly we set up macs now.

-the ability to push out policies that for example give admin access to a user for a few minutes if they are having trouble.

-monitoring what problematic software users my have on their machine. For example, if someone has managed to install Tor.

Jamf Pro review by User

"Makes MDM and imaging easy"

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to manage imaging and cloning of Mac computers in an educational environment. MDM profiles are also extremely easy to deploy and update as needed. It gives us much flexibility in not needing to have the computer in-house to service profiles and manage content.

What do you dislike?

The version we use is slow at times and bogs down easily with a heavy load. This could be due to our slightly outdated networking server, but nonetheless, we have a fairly beefy Cat6 setup and it still likes to bog down at times when many machines are connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's much better than imaging and managing devices by hand over USB drives. MDM is much easier with Jamf Pro as well.

Instead of one at a time imaging with USB drives we can now network tens of computers at a time and simultaneously image

"Doug loves Jamf"

What do you like best?

Management of Mac is relatively easy and packaging and deploying apps is a snap. There is now third party updates integrated into Jamf for a bunch of major softwares that tend to have multiple updates a month.

What do you dislike?

Sharing all the fun with coworkers. Fixing other people’s mistakes

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products out there, but they have to be manually configured and kept up to date. With Jamf there is feature updates aligned with Apples OS updates and the support team is phenomenal.

Finding app vulnerabilities and patching them. Encrypting disks. Removing blacklisted software as soon as it is installed. Lastly keeping track of licensing with smart groups and apple vpp program.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator

"Best Mac Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly you can send management commands to supervised devices and watch them go through. Also setting up policies, extension attributes, scripting abilitiy etc makes using jamf to manage Macs a God-send.

What do you dislike?

In our case sometimes the latest version of reading from the DB can be slow, but not sure if that's a product issue or just the way we have self-hosted Jamf Pro in our environment.

We are solving managing our fleet of mac laptops, and Iphones in an easy, repeatable way from provisioning to new employees, managing incidents, providing custom software and updates and deprovisioning.

Jamf Pro review by Peter R.
Peter R.

"Couldn't manage without JAMF Pro"

What do you like best?

JAMF makes it easy to deploy, provision and manage about 2500 devices with a very small IT staff.

What do you dislike?

Occasional performance slowdowns, and occasional failure of Mac OS devices to get their configuration as part of the setup process.

We simply could not manage all these devices without a tool like JAMF. We're able to hand students new devices out of the box and have them configured and managed automatically as part of set up.

Administrator in Education Management

"Apple Management doesn’t get any easier"

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro makes managing Apple devices so simple. But don’t be fooled by the appearance, under the hood there is some serious horse power. Your power users won’t be disappointed.

This system makes managing my 1000+ devices a breeze.

What do you dislike?

If I disliked anything, it would be that I don’t have enough hours in my day to explore everything the system has to offer.

Deploying apps and settings to devices has been a breeze with JAMF. I have saved countless hours of work using this ease and reliable system.

Shared iPads using DEP is a game changer for our junior school classes.

Administrator in Higher Education

"JAMF Pro in the Educational Environment"

What do you like best?

JAMF is an exceptional product for full lifecycle and product management of OSX devices. I also administer an Microsoft System Center Config Manager server for complete Windows environment control and this product is the peas to my carrots while providing the best possibly control of our environment. While System Center gives me the bare minimum for inventory tracking and a complicated method for application and script deployment, this product makes scripting and deployment a simple and productive experience. I was able to find great support on the JAMF forums for a variety of packages I wished to deploy and there is a wealth of knowledge to configure Desired Configuration Management policies which will keep your systems security in peak status.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is substantial, although with the setup costs come pretty thorough training. Sometimes you have to pay for a quality product.

Inventory Control, Application and Configuration Management of Educational Enterprise Apple products.

Jamf Pro review by Mitchell S.
Mitchell S.

"A must have for any Apple environment!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding customer support and a great product. No need to shop around with any other vendor. Jamf is will worth the price if you need to manage Apple products. Jamf is very customer-oriented and always looking to improve. Jamf works great for both management and inventory reporting.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that pre-stage enrolling hundreds of computers always turns up some glitches and problems, but still a huge time saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic customer support. I don't know how we ever managed our Apple environment without jamf.

Great way to track inventory and see what needs upgraded/updated.

Works so much better than built-in parental controls and active directory servers.

Makes iPad app deployment stress free.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Jamf helps you succeed with Apple"

What do you like best?

There are so many things, Self Service, Extension Attributes, Support, and the its easy to use. It allows you to focus on the items you need to and automate the rest.

What do you dislike?

The bugs that are caught after a release when its too late, however Jamf is really good and getting them squashed but with another update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and you will be amazed how simple Jamf makes it.

I manage at 1 device located in all of the 50 States and then some. Jamf allows me the ability to treat them as if there were all in 1 location.

Jamf Pro review by Kyle F.
Kyle F.

"The Gold Standard of MDM"

What do you like best?

Jamf Pro empowers our employees to focus on what matters: their work. Employees receive their devices ready to go. No more setup delays or confusion on which apps to install.

What do you dislike?

I only wish Jamf offered training and certification courses in additional cities. Phoenix needs love too.

Jamf Pro has allowed us to rapidly deploy our in-house applications to employees across the country, within minutes, and without their intervention. It’s a no-hassle solution that has reduced support requests and increased efficiency.

Jamf Pro review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"Easiest solution, yet has a ton of advanced features"

What do you like best?

Its a great system that can become turnkey without too much advanced knowledge or scripting expertise, but can quickly become an advanced management system that can leverage any tool out there!

What do you dislike?

Once you get so deep, its can be intimidating looking at all of the possibilities!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for help! Join JAMFNation and ask for help!

Software/policy deployment, endpoint management

Jamf Pro review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Jamf Pro is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Jamf allows us to easily manage our medium deployment of Macs to users within our organization. Very scalable so if the fleet gets larger, Jamf will handle it. Easy app deployment as well as inventory management. A+

What do you dislike?

So far the deployment has gone well and there has been very few issues or anything we could complain about.

Mac asset management, imaging, application control among other things.

Jamf Pro review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Literally the only thing that makes administrating an OSx install base bearable."

What do you like best?

Policy/profile authoring and scoping are easy and intuitive. Settings decently parallel their layout in the OS itself. Extension attributes and scripting mean you can accomplish pretty much anything.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of limitiations and idiosyncrasies due to the way Apple allows remote management that end up with clunky hacky solutions.

We have actual control over remote mac users equipment...we can manage patching and security, have accurate inventory for the first time and its great :)

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"jamf Pro for OS X and macOS device management"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and scale of management, the future roadmap with jamf 10 coming shows a lot of promise from a supportability and further easy of use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of full cloud and mobile management, I'd like to see Azure Distribution Points be an option in the future, not all of us have access to AWC or other hosting services in a readily available capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jamf pro offers one of the best "out of box" experiences in my opinion around Apple device management. I would suggest going through the official training if possible however, and having someone on staff certified depending on your businesses size.

OS X and macOS device management in an enterprise environment. Allowing for scoped limitations where applicable. Blocking specific applications, utilizing self-service for an "always available" set of software from the enterprise perspective.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Newbie review"

What do you like best?

I like offering Self Service to our end users. Pushing out applications and updates is great as well as the inventory and wealth of information we get.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm still new at this there are still a lot of hiccups and inconsistencies that we're encountering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take lots of notes during "jump start" - there was a lot of information crammed into a very short period of time and when it was first shown it all made sense, but when we were looking at it a month later, there was a lot that we'd forgotten.

We're a small IT group and this is a great way for us to provide "white glove" service of applications to our end users while at the same time giving our group a lot of inventory information and feedback. We have a better grasp on what we have and a better way to offer more.

Administrator in Education Management

"User friendly/ Customer support"

What do you like best?

We switched from Casper Suite 5 years ago to a different MDM and have just this year returned as customers because of some great things we were hearing. When we used them 5 years ago and what holds true today is their top notch technical support. I feel confident when I call that a solution will be reached in a timely manner. Our transition went pretty smoothly and at 2 months into the school year, we already see marked improvements in our last MDM. Thank you JSS staff!

What do you dislike?

We are still seeing issues with the location ability in the JSS interface.

Faster turn a round in device implementation than our previous MDM

Jamf Pro review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Best in class, deserves best in class"

What do you like best?

JAMF Pro is simply amazing. While providing a framework to work in, we aren't restricted in what we can do. JAMF Pro allows the Mac to be treated as a first class citizen in the enterprise world.

What do you dislike?

Many times, terminology is difficult to understand. There are times however, when what is needed isn't in an obvious spot.

With JAMF Pro, we are deploying applications, managing security and also ensuring our deployments are consistent and they work.

Jamf Pro review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"jamf Pro - the most powerful Mac end device Management tool"

What do you like best?

jamf Pro has great support for API and customizing the experience that users can have with you’re Management style. Policies and scoping are also very easy to use and make managing your clients a cinch.

What do you dislike?

The MDM configuration payload load with some defaults that are not applicable and unless you know that they are on you may change something you didn’t intend to. There should be more customized payload surrounding the experience and not just the Boolean setting on or off by default.

At the very least the defaults should be set to keep things open and on until we choose to disable them.

Polices also only have support for failed or success it would benefit us greatly if we can customize exit codes and display them graphically in reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with jamfCloud. Do not keep trying to maintain it internally.

Policies and the various ways we have to execute them allowed us to replace our traditional Imaging workflows. This has allowed our administrator to be more flexible and keep things up to date.

Jamf Pro review by Neal P.
Neal P.

"Support is their middle name (If you need it!)"

What do you like best?

Community and pro level support. I know that jamf is there whenever I need them. Their community orientated support website is second to none.

What do you dislike?

Slow development cycle . I appreciate their careful approach, however at times I wonder if they are asleep at the wheel. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at jamfnation.com This website should give you a good feeling for what the product is like.

Helps our users help themselves

Jamf Pro review by Josh A.
Josh A.

"Jamf Pro - Making macOS management easy."

What do you like best?

Simplicity at scale. Managing large fleets with a few clicks of a mouse!

What do you dislike?

Lack of UI customization. Allowing customization of web interface would be great for re-sellers.

Non-app store automated software deployment. Rapid device deployment.

Using Jamf has enable the deploy of new devices to take up considerably less time in my day.

Administrator in Education Management

"Productivity and time efficiency grand slam! "

What do you like best?

The ability to mange large numbers of device in very little time. Being able to swiftly make changes to users devices has allowed us to avoid many potential issues. I also like the fact that it reduces tickets by empowering the users with Self Service. Having a curated place for my organizations needs is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are many simple features that require using scripts. I wish some of the simpler functionalities were baked into the product, instead of having to track down code and go through testing.

We have a small IT staff in our organization and having JAMF pro has helped us keep afloat with our tickets. Like I mentioned previously, users have more control over their devices by visiting our curated "App Store" (Self Service)

Jamf Pro review by Warren H.
Warren H.

"JAMF Pro "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the most appealing regarding JAMF Pro. I have had the opportunity to test a few MDM Platforms before sinking my teeth into JAMF Pro and it's truly the best in an, otherwise, specific market.

What do you dislike?

Some unexplainable bugs and quirks in-platform that have not been able to be addressed by support.

Mobile device management and device uniformity. Total time spent touching a device has been drastically reduced.