Jaspersoft

Jaspersoft provides a flexible set of tools to enable better decisions through highly interactive, web-based reports and dashboards. The platform can run in the cloud or on-premises to meet the architectural and economic demands for large scale deployments.

Work for Jaspersoft?

Learning about Jaspersoft?

Jaspersoft Reviews

Ask Jaspersoft a Question
Showing 29 Jaspersoft reviews
Jaspersoft review by <span>Inge Rune T.</span>
Inge Rune T.

"Extremely versatile product, ranging from invoice printing to Self service BI"

What do you like best?

This product has the best integration platform I have seen.

Include the jar files in your project and make the most sophisticated document with HTML5 og PDF output.

Use the javascript API library called visualize.js to embed your reports from the Jasperserver on your webpages in minutes.

Let your users make their own report in minutes with little or no training, via the self service BI portal.

What do you dislike?

The package is missing any prediction or forecast functionality, Also the dashboard need more animated widgets with conditional formatting, like stoplights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are look for a product to embed in an web/cloud type application. This Jaspersoft is for you.

If you are looking for prediction type of analyze, you need to look elsewhere, or combine with for example R.

Make beatifyl vizualiation of logistic performance directly on the webpage.

Swap old fashion paper output, with modern style colorful graphical printout on any device or platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jaspersoft
Jaspersoft review by <span>Guido G.</span>
Guido G.

"Need a report? just do it"

What do you like best?

Jaspersoft studio allow you to do reports for java applications, These reports can be showed on web or desktop, on multiple formats xml, pdf, doc, etc. The reports can request information from a data base with an embedded query or information may be passed form application. In addition, wildfly/jboss datasource can be passed as conection resource. It is able to use data coming from any kind of data source and produce pixel-perfect documents that can be viewed, printed or exported in a variety of document formats including HTML, PDF, Excel, OpenOffice and Word.

What do you dislike?

There are not many dislikes things for me. May be it look like eclipse and view some windows or perspectives are hard to find. I don't use its report server, but if i want to use i need to pay, for my freelance commercial aplications, so no good. No more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jasper reports is recommended if you can support java applications, if you can´t don´t waste your time.

When i need web reports, i dislike to use other solution for its complex and hard learning curve, but Jaspersoft is just drang and drop and go. I decide if i need embed the query or just pass the information to report variables. It is so easy.

What Embedded Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Jaspersoft review by <span>Cameron F.</span>
Cameron F.

"Jaspersoft meets, but doesn't exceed, any expectations"

What do you like best?

Jaspersoft is useful in creating custom reports, as it is integrated into our Transportation Management System

What do you dislike?

Jaspersoft can be extremely taxing to our system and network, causing painful slowdowns and laboriously long reports to generate and populate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that your network and servers are capable of the bandwidth that Jaspersoft requires

If we need to pull existing data in new or different ways, Jaspersoft is the way to go. It allows user to create reports and schedules, fully customizable

Jaspersoft review by User

"Good and solid reporting software"

What do you like best?

I think the Jaspersoft Studio product does a lot. I'm very impressed with the ability to create a wide variety of different types of reports/graphs/charts. Once you get the hang of it, really the sky is the limit. It has enabled me to produce some really polished and effective reports.

What do you dislike?

The Jaspersoft Studio application isn't my favorite. I preferred using their iReport Designer product a few years ago. It seemed simpler and more straightforward. Functionality-wise, they are similar but I was really used to iReport and how it worked. Setting up workspaces and whatnot wasn't really useful for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not really familiar with other reporting software so if it were up to me to find a reporting solution for a company, I would certainly do my research and compare to other products out there. I can tell you it serves our business needs though.

Data is really important to customers, so Jaspersoft allows us to take that data, analyze it, and put it into a presentable format that really helps customers understand what they have. It's pretty powerful.

Jaspersoft review by <span>Philip M.</span>
Philip M.

"Great BI and Reporting solution, especially for embedded BI"

What do you like best?

Jaspersoft is great at being embedded. We have done this numerous times in various contexts. Visualize.js is a great step forward here. The license model has neither a user nor a report "tax". You can have as many users as required, which is great for embedded BI in the public space.

The domain designer makes it easy to provide access to even non-standard-SQL datasources such as Salesforce.

The Jaspersoft Studio report designer gives us the flexibility to create pixel-perfect reports (or as good as) when the Ad-hoc reporting isn't enough.

What do you dislike?

Ad-hoc Reports still lack visualize embedding functionality and the domain security files could do with an editor.

We create all sorts of reporting, dashboarding and self-service solutions for our customers. These range from standard document templates for invoices to automatically generated product sheets and complex domains in the automotive accessory industry. Having the ETL component, we can also create specific reporting databases when the operational data is unsuitable for direct reporting.

Jaspersoft review by User in Computer Software

"Good but Complex"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of functionality! I like the fact that there are a lot of resources available online and I'm often able to learn more and answer my questions without having to contact their Support team.

What do you dislike?

The Jaspersoft Online reporting software is very complex. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do in order to get started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm still getting to know the Jaspersoft Online product but I think there could be improvements or simplifications made in the first-time user experience and how to get users started.

We are reporting on customers' data and using Jaspersoft to create easy to understand visualizations (charts, graphs, tables).

Learning about Jaspersoft?

* We monitor all Jaspersoft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.