JBarrows Sales Training

4.9

Individual and group online sales training, as well as in-person and remote training for corporate clients.

Work for JBarrows Sales Training?

Learning about JBarrows Sales Training?

JBarrows Sales Training Reviews

Showing 24 JBarrows Sales Training reviews
JBarrows Sales Training review by Dave N.
Dave N.

"Genuine and Effective Sales Training"

What do you like best?

Quite simply, it's effective. As a sales manager, I'm always looking for resources that are going to make our team more effective. I compete, internally, against some very well run teams, and we're always fighting for that '#1 team' spot. Barrows will give us the edge to retain that spot, and hopefully put us farther ahead of other teams in the company in subsequent years.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd say would have been more helpful is if there were about 5 John Barrows inside his organization. I worked for a medium-sized multi-national software company, and John would come visit us every once in a while. We could have used more John, but alas he's just one man. I understand that John has scaled up his operations since our last engagement (which was a couple of years ago now, and I moved on to anothe rcompany). There is a possibility that he has scaled up his operations from that time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely utilize his services , and then do follow up with your team to gauge whether you'd want to have him back.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JBarrows Sales Training
JBarrows Sales Training review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"Direct, Effective, Practical, and Ethical. Sales Done Right."

What do you like best?

John isn't just preaching what he learned "back in the day". He's constantly educating himself, staying in touch with the best practices of the day, never resting. He teaches practical and effective methods for driving engagement with leads, executing a sales cycle, and managing the ongoing negotiations of a deal to drive urgency. Too many sales trainers are presenting "cure-all" sales tricks. What training with Barrows will bring your sales org or actionable strategies that you can tailor to your own style, but will scale across your organization.

His training is also effective because he takes the time to tailor his content to the company. He learns about your existing processes, terms, products, etc. Reps do not have to imagine what his training looks like in their world, because it's presented in a way where they can immediately apply the knowledge when they leave the room.

What do you dislike?

His content is often presented in too short a window, leaving the reps with a sense of overload with his information. This is entirely related to the time allotted to John by the company however. He offers so much value that you really need to give him multiple sessions or a long enough session to cover the content effectively and to allow or discussion with those in the room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies tend to treat sales trainers all the same. Bring them in once or twice, put their sales reps through the training, and then assume everything is good. John's content is best used as an on-going process that MUST change as the environment changes. Bring him in, use his online resources, and don't just treat it like a one time event that you don't repeat.

What Sales Consulting solution do you use?

JBarrows Sales Training review by Grant M.
Grant M.

"Practical, Actionable, and a Homerun!"

What do you like best?

What sticks out the most to myself and the team is that John has this “celebrity-like” following and he is humble enough to spend an time giving, developing, and coaching people. He is not just some sales trainer either. What I appreciate most and resonates with many of our reps is that he is a practitioner at the same time. When you stop and think about it for a minute, that’s pretty fantastic!

We as a leadership team are all speaking the same language. John mentions things like “don’t stop prospecting”, “hard work separates the best reps”, “manage your time”, and “a fat pipeline helps lots of the sales woes”. These are things we say regularly and to have John, from a position of sales industry authority speak those same messages with conviction and experience reinforces all of those messages.

What do you dislike?

There are two things I would want; 1. More time with John. The reinforcement hour he spent with our team went a long way and our team really appreciated. 2. We have included our solution experts and most of our time has been spent talking about what the sales reps can do. I wish we would have spent more time talking about strategies for our solutions experts. That's more our fault for not adding that as a focus point.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Nichole D.
Nichole D.

"Sales Training for our Small to Medium Business Teams"

What do you like best?

John did a great job working with us to identify our current sales processes, training materials, techniques, etc. so that we weren't starting from 0. He built on the content and efforts that we have used to provide new and elevated information to the team. We've had sales trainers come in in the past that talk a big game and make it all about how great they are at selling, and that you can too if you do it just like them, but John actually provided them with the materials to go out and do these things on their own and using their own voice.

What do you dislike?

I liked that John had the reps take the time to build their own templates, situations, etc. during the session, but wish we had had a bit more role playing as a group or more individually as our reps seem to respond really well to this. I know in our situation we were a bit pressed for time squishing it all into a one day training, but think the reps might have absorbed and felt more comfortable with the techniques having practiced once or twice and gotten feedback directly from John.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Christy W.
Christy W.

"John wins over sales reps with his candor, authenticity, and applicable sales process "

What do you like best?

As mentioned, I have worked with John a few times. I am impressed with how he puts a crowd of reps at ease so quickly, yet at the same time motivates and challenges them to want to be better and do more. He gives real life sales examples of what works and then breaks down the "science of sales" and how they can apply process and knowledge to help them exceed their goals. I see the reps leaving inspired and feeling in control of their own destiny.

What do you dislike?

I would make sure you take the time to talk about comprehension and reinforcement training with John. You will want to make sure you are including the portal in the project. Therefore, your reps can go "step by step" in the fill the funnel workbook and reinforce their understanding and learning of the principles and strategies.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Expect to be Challenged"

What do you like best?

John's transparency, ability to relate to the reps, and the ability to walk the talk make him a perfect partner. He doesn't recommend anything that he doesn't do himself. The methodology, mindset, and tools are immediately applicable to any sales team. You will be impressed and challenged no matter what level of experience you have. We have some senior folks that are very hard to impress and John not only impressed but garnered their respect and they began immediately applying his recommendations.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes. John does his part in the realities of training and coaching and partnering with your team to elevate your game. It's up to us to decide to put it into practice. There is nothing I could recommend to improve on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Partner with John. Your team and your clients will thank you for doing so.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Shane C.
Shane C.

"Illustrates big picture framework with specific concrete action items -- Awesome"

What do you like best?

John was very considerate of my situation and offered to help way outside the scope of what I initially signed up for. Not only did he give me one hour of his private time, he also referred me to his colleague, Morgan to help in the SDR:AE transition. These sessions were beyond valuable because I was able to tap into both of their mindsets, something I couldn't get from the online training.

What do you dislike?

More structure in the session, but this is entirely on me. There are a lot of questions a new AE (me) has on selling more so it was hard to stay focused on a topic or two and not ask everything I could think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further!

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Excellent training "

What do you like best?

I am a top performer but I learned so much from his time with us and definitely plan on being part of the group he says will take his training and implement that into their every day. John helped me learn that I still have a lot of room to improve! He helped me like the WYWYN approach to outreach and some tricks he shared with cold calling, VM and getting an answer from a prospect who went dark!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. He even let me come up and talk to him after to share an approach I take and gave me some pointers on how to A/B test my approach!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read reviews from his customers on G2. Listen to that feedback to make a smarter decision, but I must say I am a huge fan.

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Energetic, Informative Sales Training that kept us awake and eager to learn"

What do you like best?

He brought a ton of energy and was super entertaining. An entire day worth of training can be autonomous and boring, but he made sure it wasn't that way. He also gave refreshing tips and tricks that I have not seen elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

I eventually got distracted from what he was actually saying because he kept saying "you know what I mean" as a filler word. He also talked WAY too fast some of the time and didn't have the best oral skills for someone who does this for a living. I wish he didn't use the filler words so often - it definitely was distracting in the presentation and I would expect better from someone who offers this as a service. Also, I'm not sure how easily his tips can be operationalized after the training.

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Outstanding training for sales reps of all levels"

What do you like best?

* Terrific video content that the management team was able to view in advance of the training session

* John took the time to get to know our company, our teams, and our challenges/opportunities

* John and Morgan are great presenters - they connected very well with our entire group

* Both used real world examples to support their training and concepts

* Concepts are easy to learn and easy to implement - it's on us as company now to make it stick

* Numerous resources were made available to our sales team for reinforcement and support

* John has made himself available to us for follow up and reinforcement

What do you dislike?

Based upon our own schedule challenges, we had to pack the entire training in to a single day which did rush some of the content delivery.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"VP Sales & Marketing"

What do you like best?

His ability adapts to the needs of the team. His knowledge of relevant tactics that work today (not 5 years ago). His ability to listen & test new ideas as they are discussed.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't encountered any reason to recommend or work with John again. He was diligent in his prep, relevant in his message, and effective in his delivery,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out early and schedule time sharing your specific needs with John. He will take the time necessary to understand your issues and make his content relevant.

JBarrows Sales Training review by David M.
David M.

"THE BEST Sales Enablement training"

What do you like best?

Filling the Funnel is THE BEST Sales Enablement training.

The sales enablement world is crowded with noise - the content in Filling the Funnel gives a step-by-step guide (with templates) to be best in class when it comes to prospecting.

Personally, I can attest the tactics in this course are key to my success. If you have the chance to take this course, DO IT!

What do you dislike?

Wish we can spend more time with trainers after executing the strategy

Recommendations to others considering the product

100%

JBarrows Sales Training review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Most memorable training I've experienced"

What do you like best?

The approach to the training: between the delivery and structure, it was the most memorable training I've had to date. I still remember how effective and relevant the exercises were & continue to use the techniques today.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind! John makes himself available to answers any questions following the training in case we missed something!

Recommendations to others considering the product

He makes himself available to you and your team after the training so you can continue to improve your skills!

JBarrows Sales Training review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"John Barrows Makes it Happen!"

What do you like best?

John has maintained his engagement with our team throughout our time with him. His experience, research, and delivery have been a great match for us.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I've disliked about working with John. I do wish I had the budget to have him come on site but in the end I was pleased he did have a program available at our price point.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Doug A.
Doug A.

"Whats not to love!"

What do you like best?

John is a straight shooter... speaks from his experiences, provides real-life examples of how to use his approach to drive results. The sales team relates to John and the practical techniques that he offers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about the Barrows training... I highly recommend for inside and outside sales teams.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Tailored, Real & Actionable Training & Tools"

What do you like best?

John was relatable and grounded - I wasn't listening to a theoretical trainer, I was listening to a sales professional give structured advice and processes that could easily be tuned and tailored.

What do you dislike?

We jammed a lot of content into one day, I probably would space it out going further.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Benjamin H.
Benjamin H.

"Thank You"

What do you like best?

Johns approach is different than most traditional sales training methodology. He takes a different look at sales, sales process, leadership, and the customer life cycle.

What do you dislike?

Wish he made even more content, and I know JBarrows consulting is working on more every day.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Superb SaaS Sales Training Experience"

What do you like best?

The day was filled with practical, easy to implement nuggets of expertise.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, superb from start to finish. Didn't want it to end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in class sales training provider, could not recommend more highly.

JBarrows Sales Training review by Nicolas F.
Nicolas F.

"Best sales training I ever had"

What do you like best?

All the new ideas and examples to apply on my day to day calling/prospecting. Also a new way to plan my day, call, emails, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I wish we could have more trainings like this one

JBarrows Sales Training review by Brad H.
Brad H.

"Practical, yet powerful sales training you can execute tomorrow"

What do you like best?

The one hour reinforcement session with my team was a nice personal touch.

What do you dislike?

There is so much great material, it's hard to cover it all in one session. Looking forward to having him back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!!!!

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Making it Happen "

What do you like best?

Short, keeping it simple, concise, to the point methods of both prospecting and engaging with prospects which is yielding never before seen results for me. (10+ years experience in sales)

What do you dislike?

That I can't sit down with John Barrows weekly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the pre work - it proves so useful when actually in the training as it is quite hands on, it is not a summary or quick work through of the pre work!

JBarrows Sales Training review by sandy s.
sandy s.

"Sales Training 101 for SDRs & AEs"

What do you like best?

Deal Progress sheet and objection handling

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. SDR training was a little basic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have to get newbies off the bat and account executives closing faster deals.

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"A 'must' to excel in Sales!"

What do you like best?

I love John's honest, no BS approach. There is no 'fluff' to his conversation. He is thorough, knows what works and what doesn't and is not scared to share his past failings with his audience.

What do you dislike?

That there isn't enough time in the day to have more 1-1's with John!

JBarrows Sales Training review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Always Engaging "

What do you like best?

John always keeps the AE's engaged. He always delivers insights and unique perspectives, yet with a no-nonsense, get after it delivery.

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of anything other than wanting to keep John in front of AE's more often. That's on us from a budget perspective, not on him!

Learning about JBarrows Sales Training?

* We monitor all JBarrows Sales Training reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.