JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

ERP Suite

Work for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

Learning about EnterpriseOne?

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Reviews

Showing 29 EnterpriseOne reviews
EnterpriseOne review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Adequate software but nothing special"

What do you like best?

JDE is easy to navigate and easy to customize to your own working preferences. Easy to become a JDE expert which requires little IT support. Overall, it gets the job done and is a fine ERP software for material management for supply chain functions.

What do you dislike?

JDE is often glitchy and always slow. I have to restart the program all the time because of the glitches. When it does work though it is frustratingly slow. JDE is difficult to learn how to use initially and is not user-friendly at first. With some time it can be figured out, but it is very difficult to figure out how to use the software to its full capacity. This takes a lot of time as JDE is not at all intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think we don't use JDE to its full capacity. Its difficult to fully understand but make sure you are using it to automate as much work as possible. Otherwise you will find the software frustrating and cumbersome.

I use JDE ERP systems material maneagement of our manufactured products and supplies used in production. JDE works backwards from finished product so demand for supplies is easy measurable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
EnterpriseOne review by <span>Jason G.</span>
Jason G.

"Perfect Job Management Software"

What do you like best?

This cloud based software makes all the aspects of project management more productive. Being able to see see the job budget, billing information, and contract support is very valuable to my company. This software makes inventory management for streamlined too. The AR and AP support this software has is great. It is very easy to find out if there are outstanding invoices. This software's Payroll management tools is also great. It integrates very well into Journyx.

Our IT department also like the fact that you do not need to install software on every PC for employees to be able to use the product. We like that the password strength and frequency of changing can be set by the administrators.

What do you dislike?

The web based interface is slightly slow. I don't like that you have to click the mouse over a selection instead of just hitting enter. The search function in the "item word search" is not user friendly. If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, navigating the menu structure structure can be difficult. Since the software is web based, and disruption in internet service will render the software useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying this software on a trial basis to see if it fits your needs. If it does, then I would highly recommend it.

Since the software is web based. All user in our company can see in real-time what updates other employees are making in regards to projects/invoicing/materials, etc.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

EnterpriseOne review by <span>Melissa E.</span>
Melissa E.

"Great accounting software to manage many parts of your ledger"

What do you like best?

There are so many different functions you can use in JD Edwards (i.e. basic entries, reversing entries, amortizations, fixed assets, project management, inventory, etc.). I like being able to import and export straight from Excel, it simplifies the process.

What do you dislike?

Finding functions you want in the tree is sometimes difficult, but adding everything to your favorites helps. The system interface looks a bit code heavy until you're used to it. If several departments are trying to run reports or enter data the system can be quite slow and even error out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a powerful tool that will help you keep track of all of your accounts records in one system.

It is a great system for tracking invoices, payments (down to check number), and easily sorts the data you will use.

EnterpriseOne review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.

"Not the most user friendly"

What do you like best?

JDE offers a lot of different accounting functions in the software that make it easy to use one platform for most of your accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

I frequently have issues with the software crashing/freezing. The problem can't be resolved due to the fact that JDE runs on Internet Explorer and not on Chrome. When in the AP module, you also cannot delete a single document from a batch while it is open without having to close the entire batch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using a software that is more intuitive and doesn't have as many technical issues. I have used three other accounting systems in the past and JDE is by far my least favorite.

I use JDE mainly for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and journal entries that are centered around property management.

EnterpriseOne review by <span>Kathryn S.</span>
Kathryn S.

"I use this system to track POs and invoices for the Marketing Department. "

What do you like best?

I work with a large amount of vendors and agencies, therefore we open an even larger amount of POs in a fiscal year. What I like best are the search fields JDE makes available. If I can't track down a PO/ invoice number, the search boxes make that extremely easy. Even searching by the smallest detail is sure to get me what I need.

What do you dislike?

The lack of accessibility to screens that are outside my normal day-to- day is a little frustrating. Sometimes one off situations occur where I'll need access to a different screen but won't have the permission levels. If that happens I have to fill out a whole request and it could be days until I get the screen I need.

The system is essential to managing our vendor PO, invoices and payments. The biggest benefit are the reports you can pull from the system and export to excel. There hasn't been any report I was asked for that I couldn't pull from the site. These are sometimes the only thing that is able to answer AP or accounting questions.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Dairy
User in Dairy

"JD Edwards ERP planning tool"

What do you like best?

Its a great integrated system that incorporates forecasting, planning, sales and distribution, finance and quality. It is easy to navigate around the screens, create favourites of the screens you use the most. It technically not as complex as a bigger ERP system like SAP. It has good onscreen help. You can customise you screen and layout.

What do you dislike?

There a few things that JD Edwards does poorly, it doesn't provide a very good scheduliing tool, for a basic business that has standard production scheduling it would probably be suffice but complex businesses it really doesn't compare. It lacks good reporting, you really need a secondary tool to bring data out to exam and make decisions on

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good middle company ERP system, which offers everything you need in a ERP system It is great for Planning, Sales and Distribution. It is easy to learn and offers a fully integrated system

It has a good planning tools, MRP and MPS and using this has allowed us to bring down our inventory levels as we don't make stock just in case, we make to a forecast and take into account current inventory which the system calculates for us.

Learning about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

* We monitor all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.