JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

3.5

ERP Suite

Work for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

Learning about EnterpriseOne?

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Reviews

Ask EnterpriseOne a Question
Showing 35 EnterpriseOne reviews
EnterpriseOne review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Adequate software but nothing special"

What do you like best?

JDE is easy to navigate and easy to customize to your own working preferences. Easy to become a JDE expert which requires little IT support. Overall, it gets the job done and is a fine ERP software for material management for supply chain functions.

What do you dislike?

JDE is often glitchy and always slow. I have to restart the program all the time because of the glitches. When it does work though it is frustratingly slow. JDE is difficult to learn how to use initially and is not user-friendly at first. With some time it can be figured out, but it is very difficult to figure out how to use the software to its full capacity. This takes a lot of time as JDE is not at all intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think we don't use JDE to its full capacity. Its difficult to fully understand but make sure you are using it to automate as much work as possible. Otherwise you will find the software frustrating and cumbersome.

I use JDE ERP systems material maneagement of our manufactured products and supplies used in production. JDE works backwards from finished product so demand for supplies is easy measurable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
EnterpriseOne review by Administrator

"JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for the Logistics Industry"

What do you like best?

The JD Edwards Enterprise One software is an excellent database and client management tool for the logistics and securities industry. The multi-faceted software allows for the merge of several databases into one interface. In addition, the application allows for multiple tabs to be open (the additional tabs in a viewing capacity, yet still helpful).

What do you dislike?

The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Platform is a customizable program in the early stages of captivating multiple industries with the immersive platform, yet may lag if the database of information is too large or poorly formatted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The versatility of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, is that the ERP program is modular-based which allows for in-depth customization by recommendations of the customer to JD Edwards. In addition, the database and financial data reporting integrates seamlessly with both Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word dependent upon the format settings.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is a central program that manages clients data from account information to financial reporting; overall the program is quite good. The benefits are in the query and search functions that are both quite broad and narrow based on criteria across several modules in the program.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

EnterpriseOne review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Perfect Job Management Software"

What do you like best?

This cloud based software makes all the aspects of project management more productive. Being able to see see the job budget, billing information, and contract support is very valuable to my company. This software makes inventory management for streamlined too. The AR and AP support this software has is great. It is very easy to find out if there are outstanding invoices. This software's Payroll management tools is also great. It integrates very well into Journyx.

Our IT department also like the fact that you do not need to install software on every PC for employees to be able to use the product. We like that the password strength and frequency of changing can be set by the administrators.

What do you dislike?

The web based interface is slightly slow. I don't like that you have to click the mouse over a selection instead of just hitting enter. The search function in the "item word search" is not user friendly. If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, navigating the menu structure structure can be difficult. Since the software is web based, and disruption in internet service will render the software useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying this software on a trial basis to see if it fits your needs. If it does, then I would highly recommend it.

Since the software is web based. All user in our company can see in real-time what updates other employees are making in regards to projects/invoicing/materials, etc.

EnterpriseOne review by Melissa E.
Melissa E.

"Great accounting software to manage many parts of your ledger"

What do you like best?

There are so many different functions you can use in JD Edwards (i.e. basic entries, reversing entries, amortizations, fixed assets, project management, inventory, etc.). I like being able to import and export straight from Excel, it simplifies the process.

What do you dislike?

Finding functions you want in the tree is sometimes difficult, but adding everything to your favorites helps. The system interface looks a bit code heavy until you're used to it. If several departments are trying to run reports or enter data the system can be quite slow and even error out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a powerful tool that will help you keep track of all of your accounts records in one system.

It is a great system for tracking invoices, payments (down to check number), and easily sorts the data you will use.

EnterpriseOne review by Allison S.
Allison S.

"Not the most user friendly"

What do you like best?

JDE offers a lot of different accounting functions in the software that make it easy to use one platform for most of your accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

I frequently have issues with the software crashing/freezing. The problem can't be resolved due to the fact that JDE runs on Internet Explorer and not on Chrome. When in the AP module, you also cannot delete a single document from a batch while it is open without having to close the entire batch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using a software that is more intuitive and doesn't have as many technical issues. I have used three other accounting systems in the past and JDE is by far my least favorite.

I use JDE mainly for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and journal entries that are centered around property management.

EnterpriseOne review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"I use this system to track POs and invoices for the Marketing Department. "

What do you like best?

I work with a large amount of vendors and agencies, therefore we open an even larger amount of POs in a fiscal year. What I like best are the search fields JDE makes available. If I can't track down a PO/ invoice number, the search boxes make that extremely easy. Even searching by the smallest detail is sure to get me what I need.

What do you dislike?

The lack of accessibility to screens that are outside my normal day-to- day is a little frustrating. Sometimes one off situations occur where I'll need access to a different screen but won't have the permission levels. If that happens I have to fill out a whole request and it could be days until I get the screen I need.

The system is essential to managing our vendor PO, invoices and payments. The biggest benefit are the reports you can pull from the system and export to excel. There hasn't been any report I was asked for that I couldn't pull from the site. These are sometimes the only thing that is able to answer AP or accounting questions.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Dairy
User in Dairy

"JD Edwards ERP planning tool"

What do you like best?

Its a great integrated system that incorporates forecasting, planning, sales and distribution, finance and quality. It is easy to navigate around the screens, create favourites of the screens you use the most. It technically not as complex as a bigger ERP system like SAP. It has good onscreen help. You can customise you screen and layout.

What do you dislike?

There a few things that JD Edwards does poorly, it doesn't provide a very good scheduliing tool, for a basic business that has standard production scheduling it would probably be suffice but complex businesses it really doesn't compare. It lacks good reporting, you really need a secondary tool to bring data out to exam and make decisions on

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good middle company ERP system, which offers everything you need in a ERP system It is great for Planning, Sales and Distribution. It is easy to learn and offers a fully integrated system

It has a good planning tools, MRP and MPS and using this has allowed us to bring down our inventory levels as we don't make stock just in case, we make to a forecast and take into account current inventory which the system calculates for us.

EnterpriseOne review by Lenny W.
Lenny W.

"JDE Enterprise One reivew"

What do you like best?

I am using the on-premise verison of the JDE E1 software. So far, I am happy with it.

I like the easy to understand interface of the modules: AP, AR, GL.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to its next version - the Cloud version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chart of Account conversion is crucial in initial implementation.

We are a public company, and all features and procedures are properly documented. This includes user access, reporting structures, and others.

JDE allows us to be SOX compliant. And I regard this as great benefits we have.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Adequate Software"

What do you like best?

I don't think I particularly like much about the system. Its what we use here and as a daily user I find it to be cumbersome and touchy and not intuitive at all.

What do you dislike?

The system is not intuitive, so it slows down functionality for the everyday user. Processing time runs slowly at times, especially when running reports. Not enough customization available for reports.

One system for several functions countywide is convenient, but there is definitely room for improvement.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Comprehensive software but plenty room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

Easy, clear user interface. Working area can be customized to your preference. Support is really good.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if it's our internal settings or not but it logs out in every 30mins. Realy slow. No more than 7 windows can be opened at a single time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its powerful tool but make sure your internal IT has enough resources to work through and fix all the gliches.

Maintain pricing. invoicing, account payable, receivable etc.

EnterpriseOne review by Carmen M.
Carmen M.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I can easily see all my information for a customer on one screen and can put notes in for that customer rite in the system

What do you dislike?

I wish I could view multiple screens at once

We use this for collection activity. It helps see what is open on the customers account and past due. We can put notes in for the customer to help us keep track

EnterpriseOne review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Built poorly for accountants, not users. "

What do you like best?

Nothing. We had to have someone train us on the thing if you can believe it's that unintuitive and it's still a complete mystery as to how one is supposed to accomplish the required tasks with it.

What do you dislike?

This is one of the worst designed time sheet systems I've ever seen. It feels like using an early 90's C-Panel with nonsensical icons and button combinations, an entire lack of helpful automation, and no consideration for how people would actually use the platform.

It is as ugly as an old version of excel to boot, but not nearly as useful. There's also little to no descriptions or help for users as they try to navigate the product, and doing so is best left up to divining the state of mind of the developer at the time he was pasting this pile of garbage together.

As an application developer being forced to use this product, I am now considering finding a new place to work simply because this product is so bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something more modern and go that direction. Don't let someone in your company pick this piece of junk for "business reasons".

Timesheet program for an agency. I have no idea what they were thinking or what god awful reason compelled them to choose this platform, but basically any real developer could do a better job over a weekend.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Find Something Else"

What do you like best?

Nothing really, the user interface is super difficult and touchy.

What do you dislike?

Everything, every aspect of the program is convoluted and difficult to navigate. Can’t even do a simple search without knowing a special trick. Even have to pay for an extra program to do reporting because reporting in JDE is horrendous.

We wanted an all in one business solution and that’s what we thought we were getting, implementation took years and was never completely finished. It’s impossible to find consultant or employees that know how to use the system to its fullest.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A very customizable experience "

What do you like best?

I like that my JD Edwards screens can be customized to my specific position. My coworkers screens all look a little different based on their roles.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could view the tabs you have open side by side. I also do not like that their is a limit of open applications.

I am a collector so I use JD Edwards to keep track of payments and balances due by our tenants. It’s a great way to keep track of everything all in one place and to set reminders to get a hold of people.

EnterpriseOne review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for your business "

What do you like best?

The software is consistent. Once you learn navigation, you can work with most of the applications.

What do you dislike?

Can’t say there is much I dislike. I wish the Item Ledger Inquiry was more powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t hold back on training. Too often, training is where companies look to,save money and time.

Inventory control is much easier with E1.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Best Accounting Software Around"

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly point and click screens. Amazing upgrade over previous versions of JD Edwards software.

What do you dislike?

A little inflexible at some times. No ability to adjust PO amounts after they've been created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a very small learning curve to learn which screens perform which functions but after you've picked that up, it's easy to perform all tasks quickly and efficiently.

After having used E1 and eCMS, E1 is clearly the victor. So much more functionality and connectivity to other programs.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"JD edwards review"

What do you like best?

Able to have all records of WO's on file asap.

Ability to view what is happening in real-time with collaboration between multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate between screens and items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have proper training for all users. Knowing what does what in the background helps, and keeps you from making costly mistakes. Especially when doing bulk equipment/pm uploads.

WO order creation and planning, and monthly reporting to customer on contract deliverables.

EnterpriseOne review by Patrick J. C.
Patrick J. C.

"New to E1 the good and bad"

What do you like best?

E1 is a broad software that can do a lot of different issues. It is a true ERP solution.

What do you dislike?

There is so much ability to customize you can be overwhelmed with choices

HCM, GL, AP/AR and we have realized the benefits of a simplified process

EnterpriseOne review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Works great as our employee services interface."

What do you like best?

JD Edwards is very user friendly and works great.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works great for our needs. It is used by our company as an employee services interface.

We use it for our employee services interface.

EnterpriseOne review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Works well with what we need as a company."

What do you like best?

It works extremely well with Avidxchange. It's reliable and is an easy process when processing checks.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not user friendly. Wish there were better options for reports. Common reports are not found.

It is extremely helpful with AvidXchange. Works very well with this software. It was an easy transition.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"JDE for Office Furniture Manufacturer"

What do you like best?

I only worked with this system for a brief period of time and it was in unison with Oracle. Oracle is a much better product.

What do you dislike?

JDE is slow, hard to navigate, not user friendly and has very limited capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very limited system and no user friendly. I would suggest shopping around for a more advanced ERP system if you have advanced/complex or high volume manufacturing.

To solve problems our Company switched from JDE to Oracle.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Jde Edward review from an inventory planner "

What do you like best?

I like that it's fairly easy to use once you complete training and I can execute my work quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is a little unintuitive at first until you complete training. It doesn't seem to be as powerful as other ERP software.

I use jde to execute procurement and demand planning activities along with managing inventory.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Jd Edwards enterprise one review"

What do you like best?

I liked how intuitive it was to use and did not require a huge learning curve while maintaining a multitude of options.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike the program, it was easy to use and intuitive.

Jd Edwards enterprise one was used as a work order management system.

It was good at managing work orders.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Research
User in Research

"Extensive bu overwhelming"

What do you like best?

E1 offers a great platform that can be customized for your use. It integrates inventory and expense systems together and offers a multitude of users to update information

What do you dislike?

It’s a very extensive system, and can quickly become overwhelming in its abilities. Be sure to fully train all staff members and be prepared to keep that training up to date

Logistics - inventory, shipping, and billing

EnterpriseOne review by User in Research
User in Research

"It could be worse"

What do you like best?

JDE is relatively easy to become familiar with.

What do you dislike?

There are way to many steps to get documents out of JDE

Recommendations to others considering the product

As i buyer i liked sap more.

Not having raw materials. I recieve said raw materials.

EnterpriseOne review by Consultant in Utilities
Consultant in Utilities

"Jd Edwards Review "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very simple screen, not hard to learn

What do you dislike?

JD edwards is more outdated than other software that is comparable

I hjave realized that JD edwards helps for placing orders, keep track of orders and noted

EnterpriseOne review by User

"JDE Initial Impressions"

What do you like best?

The multitude of reporting options as well as the self generated report templates. I also like that it is a typically intuitive software interface.

What do you dislike?

The interface reloads each time you click an option. It will also immediately flag an error (even if you are taking steps to correct), which results in the view being shifted as a new bubble appears in the menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know much about their company, but as a program, updates are a regular thing. Though sometimes this can contribute to down time, this is typically not the case and for a better overall situation.

Typical accounting problems. We use it to track all sorts of account behavior.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Great system with flexibility "

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate through and is flexible

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes long to load specific items into the system.

Allows migration of multiple data sets and can easily pull information out.

EnterpriseOne review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Helpful in HR"

What do you like best?

Great use in the Human Resources field!! I use this program at work and it is so easy to learn and use

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any dislikes with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to anyone in the HR field

It helps with employee files and submitting time sheets

EnterpriseOne review by Consultant

"Very versatile and configurable system"

What do you like best?

System is fully customizable, configurable, and easy to modify if required

What do you dislike?

Development utilizes code interpretation instead of compiled.

Full suite of enterprise management

EnterpriseOne review by Consultant

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

application security and administration

What do you dislike?

there are bugs discovered from previous versions that still existed on the current version

performing procurement transaction

EnterpriseOne review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"JD Edwards"

What do you like best?

The version I use is older and needs to be updated

What do you dislike?

No integration for quoting and tying in purchase order creation

N/A

EnterpriseOne review by Nicole R.
Nicole R.

"Not cumbersome - easily access relevant data"

What do you like best?

simple, accurate reports - easily displaying cost, revenue, margin. Useful analytics

What do you dislike?

the backend UI... until I understood it. After that, i didn't miss my mouse at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Macros! Not enough people implement enough of these in JDE - a real timesaver!

EnterpriseOne review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"JD Edwards Enterprise One review"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and functionality and Oracle's support desk and knowledge documents.

What do you dislike?

Technical complexity, though it delivers flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Document your most complex and critical requirements for the basis of your evaluation.

Integrated ERP solution for the enterprise which are users are able to understand,

EnterpriseOne review by Rambo J.
Rambo J.

"Underrated erp.s"

What do you like best?

Strong procurement process.. Strong manufacturing and a lot of good hr ported from peoplesoft during the takeover.

What do you dislike?

Low support given by oracle

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is strong and gaining momentum

Learning about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?

* We monitor all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.