Jenzabar SIS

Student Information System (SIS) works across the entire student life cycle, so you can leverage every opportunity to improve the satisfaction of your constituents with one cost-effective investment.

Work for Jenzabar SIS?

Learning about Jenzabar SIS?

Jenzabar SIS Reviews

Showing 13 Jenzabar SIS reviews

"Jenzabar EX"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly straightforward student management system once you find the functionalities you need. Once you understand what EX "does" as a program and the functions executed by different portals, it become a fairly logical program to use. It also allows you to look up different areas of needed information all within the same program, which helps when you are aiding students or faculty on the phone or need to find quick answers to questions.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is incredibly cumbersome to the point of being useless. It is not obvious how to find the functionality portals that you need because they are buried in a list, and once you've found the functionality you need, there are hidden "quirks" of the functionality portals that are not obvious and affect your ability to use the tool. The software is capable of interfacing with a web-based portal, but the communication between programs is unilateral and not the most useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cheap and manages students but be prepared for a massive learning curve and some very odd programming choices when it comes to using functionalities.

We needed a student management software to manage our student enrollment, billing, etc. It's much more efficient than using index cards to keep track of students, and it brought our technology offerings into the 1990's, at the very minimum.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jenzabar SIS
Jenzabar SIS review by <span>Victoria S.</span>
Victoria S.

"Valid system, but has a few flaws"

What do you like best?

Easy to lookup student records and to pull data for use in reports and managing a database, get's the job done, but not much else beyond the basics.

What do you dislike?

Very outdated interface when compared to similar offerings available on the market, beginning to phase out the system to switch to a new, more cost efficient and more relevant option that better fits the organization's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh your options and needs for your institution, if you need the basics and a simple interface that is rather easy to implement, perhaps it is the right option for your needs.

Used to manage prospective and current student database for the university, to keep track of basic information, transcript and interaction data, communications and outreach data and demographic information. Also used to pull information for year to date reports and territory analyses.

What Student Information Systems (SIS) solution do you use?

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"You get what you pay for."

What do you like best?

I don't like very much about this system at all. The university I work for paid for the "vanilla" version and let me tell you, that was being too kind. We are currently upgrading in the next year or so but currently this system is so rudimentary and basic that you can barely call it innovative software.

What do you dislike?

The features are so limited and take so much time to design with the interface. Integration of other systems requires labor hours and a new script to be written to send over a simple y/n trigger for a function. It takes SO many clicks to get where you need to go. Some pages don't have many interactive features and it's like using windows 98 without updating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider something else. Blackboard.... Banner.... Salesforce CRM even. Not this.

It does house our data but it is just so outdated that I'm surprised it has taken this long to upgrade it. As a younger staff member, I'm often frustrated with the lack of user-friendliness and students often complain about how terrible it is. I've used 4 different SIS programs in my career and this is by far the worst.

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"Highly recommend - much better than others!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can pull up one module, yet get completed information within one screen by toggling between the tabs for a student. Essentially, I'm getting a full view of admission - enrollment without having to open separate windows. The task list is an amazing feature where our staff can go in and check out what items have been sent automatically and what reminder items we've been into the system may need to be completed on their end. No more having to pull reports to send a personalized message!

What do you dislike?

Originally, we had the basic system and did not look too much into the add on features, which created extra work for staff by having to pull reports periodically and send mail merge/generic messages. I would highly recommend connecting with the customer service to see what options can be implemented at a cost level that works for your organization as it created so much extra time for our staff to be involved more with the student services portion of higher ed.

Jenzabar served us well as both a student database system as well as a CRM system. I've realized the extra benefit of the task list and automatic messaging option, which allows more time for other essential job functions to be completed. It's also a great way to track exactly what a student has received and easily find where they are in the enrollment process.

"Jenzabar SIS"

What do you like best?

I use Jenzabar EX for my daily operations as a college administrator. It is pretty easy to use and the functions and keys are pretty self-explanatory. The company has been great with detailed training when we pay for it.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to know exactly where to look in the system for a given piece of data or to know where tables point to in the ERP.

This is a lot more user-friendly than Jenzabar CX (which I used at a previous employer), and the menus are easier to understand than Ellucian Banner.

"Jenzabar"

What do you like best?

I like all the reporting and noting features for tracking students are sharing the information across the University.

What do you dislike?

The interface is the opposite of user-friendly. It's a bit intimidating at first. Our University uses it as the main database that holds all the student information, so there are a lot of pieces to it that make it confusing. However, once you know the areas you do need to use, it's not bad. When they make an update, there are almost always glitches with the upgrades which require work from our IT group and some waiting on behalf of the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let a bunch of people try it before you decide on it especially if you're using it widely across the University for multiple functions (reg, enrollment, retention, database, etc).

It helps everyone at the University be on the same page about the student.

"Jenzabar EX review"

What do you like best?

In our Admissions department, we use EX mostly for financial aid package reviews and academic information for our incoming students. I like that the program is so cross-functional with Salesforce (where we maintain our database of potential students), and that it provides an appropriate amount of information for us to see without the potential to cause issues for our financial aid department.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything in particular I dislike. I know there are features that we do not use, so it seems like a weighty program, but I imagine that other departments on campus use those features more, so they're still beneficial.

We are solving communication issues for our students and their parents, i.e. counselors being able to answer whether a student's financial aid package is ready, if their alternative personal email is correct, if their schedule is correct, etc.

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"Client based SIS for small colleges"

What do you like best?

EX is fairly flexible in the ability have custom fields.

What do you dislike?

I use EX. The system seems stuck in a non-cloud based world. It isn't available via URL from anywhere and this leads to off campus issues. The reporting tools are antiquated and inflexible. Items are not effective dated and auditing actions are difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the features and functionality you want before changing over

This is the campus SIS to manage registration, admissions, campus information and course data. It is the brain of the campus.

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"In theory, great features. Execution isn't so great. "

What do you like best?

It has all of the features of a great CRM and can be easily customized. Easy to keep track of communications from a marketing perspective, and track users from the web-to-lead form.

What do you dislike?

It's a little dated, and often, we had issues segmenting lists by too many requirements. As a small school, I have no idea how larger schools would ever be able to use this.

It's great to have everything all in one place. We came from an in-house, home-grown system so the transition was a little rocky, but it's WAY better than before. However, coming from outside the education industry, there is a lot that isn't executed well - difficulty segmenting lists, not much capability for social integration without extreme cost, etc.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Awesome system, well worth it!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and collaborate and share reports on. We have multiple sites and it is so easy to use! I like the easy navigation tabs/panes.

What do you dislike?

It can seem a little outdated at times, the look is a little bulky and blocky when operating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice system for a smaller college, would not get for a giant university.

Major benefits are having all of our students in one place and it also communicates with our online portal!

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"Full featured with the right implementation"

What do you like best?

Fairly straightforward product, easy to use and navigate. Lots of features

What do you dislike?

A little complicated in some places and lacking in easy integration with other platforms and tools. Data in and out can be a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay careful attention to where you might want to increase functionality, as it can be challenging to add in later.

Distributed payroll tracking and approvals, budget planning and student records.

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Jenzabar! "

What do you like best?

I felt like it was easy to understand. After using it for my first couple days, I was very comfortable with it.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be spruced up a bit, but that's just my design background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the habit of entering and managing a lot of data, go this route. You won't regret it.

It allowed for us to enter students and edit their information with ease.

Jenzabar SIS review by User in Higher Education

"This product is used for our student enrollment access and student information"

What do you like best?

Portal used by students is easy to navigate and looks nice.

What do you dislike?

Primitive design and appearance in Jenzabar CX, multiple glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a work in progress.

Monitoring student enrollment and managing student schedules, processing changes.

Learning about Jenzabar SIS?

* We monitor all Jenzabar SIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.