Jenzabar SONIS

SONISWEB enables institutions to handle all aspects of a school's administrative tasks online.

Work for Jenzabar SONIS?

Learning about SONISWEB?

Jenzabar SONIS Reviews

Ask SONISWEB a Question
Showing 27 SONISWEB reviews
SONISWEB review by <span>Angela V.</span>
Angela V.

Responsive to Customer Needs

What do you like best?

SonisWeb provides a strong, on-line student records database. It has many features that allow us to maintain contact with potential students and monitor their application process. The developers are very responsive to the changing needs of the users and consistently add/modify features to address those needs.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features to this product but I have not seen good documentation about how the designers anticipated the software would be used. Sometimes we develop a process only to discover that to get the full benefit of the software we should have done certain steps in a different order. As a small technical college we have similar needs to larger two or four year colleges but also have some very unique needs. At the time we made the switch to SonisWeb we found many features of the product that did not work well for us. As more schools similar to ours have become clients, SonisWeb has become much better at meeting those unique needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look carefully at the features and analyze how you will utilize SONISWEB to fit your processes. Take the time to figure out what, if any, customizations might be necessary and budget the money to have those done as part of the implementation process.

Maintaining contact with prospective students. Student records management. Reporting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jenzabar SONIS
SONISWEB review by <span>Laura S.</span>
Laura S.

Makes communication with students easy

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily email an entire class. I like how easy it is to enter grades and that students have such easy access to their attendance and grades.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how time consuming it can be to change the status of a student's attendance. It isn't just a simple rewrite for me but I have delete the initial information entered and then add the new information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't take much training to get used to using Sonis. A quick review of the product features is usually all that is needed.

Email has been a big advantage and students having access to their attendance is a huge advantage in my classes. End of term grades are very easy to enter and make it easy for the students to access their GPA and grade information.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

SONISWEB review by <span>Jody K.</span>
Jody K.

Faculty interaction with Sonisweb

What do you like best?

Sonisweb is easy to use. It allows one to view rosters and attendance totals easily.

What do you dislike?

The process to make corrections from the previous day is tedious. Having to delete the incorrect entry and then add the correct one is time-consuming, especially if it is for more than one student. Also, after entering attendance for the day, it is difficult to see if it was entered--or if one forgot to press "submit". The screen should change to a statement saying you have entered the attendance correctly. The only alert is if you submit it twice.

It has made the daily record-keeping tasks more efficient.

SONISWEB review by User in Higher Education

student information system review

What do you like best?

I like that it's fairly user friendly in terms of the information for each student being accessible on that student's page. I also like that the forms can be linked and therefore downloadable for whoever needs them.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if this is Sonis or how it's set up at our college, but I wish I could search for categories of students rather than only by name. We need to add a category so that with that feature I could always access the information for all students in that category!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found this system for organizing student information to be invaluable.

This is used to track all students and their status, plus their associated signed forms and emergency information. It is invaluable to keeping things running smoothly!

SONISWEB review by User in Information Technology and Services

Very satisfied so far

What do you like best?

SonisWeb is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

As a user, I would like to be able to create custom reports. I would also like to see more search options. One of my biggest frustrations is there are certain times when you cannot select multiple terms of data at one time. I guess I am just a fan of a more relational data base where I can link from one set of data to another and make smaller sets of the data to work with to drill down into the detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing the software in action. There are many ways this software can help and improve workflow processes.

It has made tracking receivables a lot easier for me.

SONISWEB review by <span>Alison T.</span>
Alison T.

Utilitarian and efficient

What do you like best?

I use SonisWeb primarily to document incidents in on-campus housing. The input fields are clean and allow me to separate my thoughts clearly when inputting reports. The editing process is also fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

The incident output is very sloppy - you do such meticulous work on the input, but the output runs together in one big string.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my use in Residence Life (in Student Affairs), it is easy to use and keeps everything in one space. Certainly not the worst product to use.

We are keeping all of our incidents in one central location, which is essential for updates and follow-ups. It is a great database when dealing with repeat offenders and looking at the bigger picture.

Learning about Jenzabar SONIS?

* We monitor all Jenzabar SONIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.