Jenzabar SONIS

SONISWEB enables institutions to handle all aspects of a school's administrative tasks online.

Work for Jenzabar SONIS?

Learning about SONISWEB?

Jenzabar SONIS Reviews

Ask SONISWEB a Question
Showing 27 SONISWEB reviews
SONISWEB review by <span>Angela V.</span>
Angela V.

"Responsive to Customer Needs"

What do you like best?

SonisWeb provides a strong, on-line student records database. It has many features that allow us to maintain contact with potential students and monitor their application process. The developers are very responsive to the changing needs of the users and consistently add/modify features to address those needs.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features to this product but I have not seen good documentation about how the designers anticipated the software would be used. Sometimes we develop a process only to discover that to get the full benefit of the software we should have done certain steps in a different order. As a small technical college we have similar needs to larger two or four year colleges but also have some very unique needs. At the time we made the switch to SonisWeb we found many features of the product that did not work well for us. As more schools similar to ours have become clients, SonisWeb has become much better at meeting those unique needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look carefully at the features and analyze how you will utilize SONISWEB to fit your processes. Take the time to figure out what, if any, customizations might be necessary and budget the money to have those done as part of the implementation process.

Maintaining contact with prospective students. Student records management. Reporting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jenzabar SONIS
SONISWEB review by <span>Laura S.</span>
Laura S.

"Makes communication with students easy"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily email an entire class. I like how easy it is to enter grades and that students have such easy access to their attendance and grades.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how time consuming it can be to change the status of a student's attendance. It isn't just a simple rewrite for me but I have delete the initial information entered and then add the new information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't take much training to get used to using Sonis. A quick review of the product features is usually all that is needed.

Email has been a big advantage and students having access to their attendance is a huge advantage in my classes. End of term grades are very easy to enter and make it easy for the students to access their GPA and grade information.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

SONISWEB review by <span>Jody K.</span>
Jody K.

"Faculty interaction with Sonisweb"

What do you like best?

Sonisweb is easy to use. It allows one to view rosters and attendance totals easily.

What do you dislike?

The process to make corrections from the previous day is tedious. Having to delete the incorrect entry and then add the correct one is time-consuming, especially if it is for more than one student. Also, after entering attendance for the day, it is difficult to see if it was entered--or if one forgot to press "submit". The screen should change to a statement saying you have entered the attendance correctly. The only alert is if you submit it twice.

It has made the daily record-keeping tasks more efficient.

SONISWEB review by User in Higher Education

"student information system review"

What do you like best?

I like that it's fairly user friendly in terms of the information for each student being accessible on that student's page. I also like that the forms can be linked and therefore downloadable for whoever needs them.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if this is Sonis or how it's set up at our college, but I wish I could search for categories of students rather than only by name. We need to add a category so that with that feature I could always access the information for all students in that category!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found this system for organizing student information to be invaluable.

This is used to track all students and their status, plus their associated signed forms and emergency information. It is invaluable to keeping things running smoothly!

"Very satisfied so far"

What do you like best?

SonisWeb is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

As a user, I would like to be able to create custom reports. I would also like to see more search options. One of my biggest frustrations is there are certain times when you cannot select multiple terms of data at one time. I guess I am just a fan of a more relational data base where I can link from one set of data to another and make smaller sets of the data to work with to drill down into the detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing the software in action. There are many ways this software can help and improve workflow processes.

It has made tracking receivables a lot easier for me.

SONISWEB review by <span>Alison T.</span>
Alison T.

"Utilitarian and efficient "

What do you like best?

I use SonisWeb primarily to document incidents in on-campus housing. The input fields are clean and allow me to separate my thoughts clearly when inputting reports. The editing process is also fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

The incident output is very sloppy - you do such meticulous work on the input, but the output runs together in one big string.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my use in Residence Life (in Student Affairs), it is easy to use and keeps everything in one space. Certainly not the worst product to use.

We are keeping all of our incidents in one central location, which is essential for updates and follow-ups. It is a great database when dealing with repeat offenders and looking at the bigger picture.

SONISWEB review by <span>Celena R.</span>
Celena R.

"use in the health center"

What do you like best?

that it can easily be catered to what my needs are, information can be added or deleted with ease for clearer imputing of information, especially when I need to add medications to the general list or when I need to add a diagnosis for a health record.

What do you dislike?

that sometimes there is too much information, but i think that is due to other folks not updating or deleting info from the past, maybe... don't have enough experience with the data base yet to know if there is yearly updates, clearing old info out after a certain amount of time??/

having a central data base to access info is great, especially when paper files need to be second guessed

SONISWEB review by <span>Amy H.</span>
Amy H.

"Sonis has been a definite "win" for us!"

What do you like best?

Sonis is very user friendly. Ease of use in navigating the system is great! Layouts, options, etc. are very easy to follow and make sense. Reports are very good. Option for Excel or PDF is nice. Query options allow for additional "custom" reporting/statistics. The student portal is a great feature!

What do you dislike?

Some default settings and a few limitations. Career Services/Graduate Employment reporting options could be enhanced.

Sonis has worked very well for us. Sonis has allowed us to easily manage data over several campuses. Sonis has improved our communication and tracking system greatly. The team at Sonis was able to work with us specifically to ensure that the system is working to meet our needs. From my perspective, Sonis is a definite plus for us!

SONISWEB review by <span>Julie R.</span>
Julie R.

"Nimble and satisfying"

What do you like best?

This is an intuitive to use system that covers all the bases.

What do you dislike?

I wish users could create reports. All of ours have to be created by our programming staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for small schools; much easier to use than big ticket programs!

I am the college registrar and institutional researcher. I keep the students and faculty on track, and the system allows me to do that.

SONISWEB review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"SONISWEB Review"

What do you like best?

I like how I can add students contact information easily. I also like how grades can be posted within the system as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is difficult to access student applications. We are hoping to have students apply through SONIS eventually.

We are trying to solve how to use the application portion of this. We would like students to be able to access their application through SONIS.

SONISWEB review by <span>Harry F.</span>
Harry F.

"Eleven year user"

What do you like best?

In general Sonisweb is a useful data management system for our small college. Our college has fewer than 800 students.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to "click and sort" in some places. It would be nice if it were easier to make all students' academic information available to all faculty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully compare features and value when making a software decision.

We are managing data for student enrollment and the like.

User in Education Management

"Faculty user - obtain rosters, post syllabi, enter grades, etc."

What do you like best?

It's pretty intuitive - the icons are easily recognizable and it's simple to update information for my classes, and email all my students in a particular class.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the gradebook - I use Excel instead. It's hard to tailor the gradebook to my courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does a good job in keeping course information current and accessible

This is not applicable to me.

SONISWEB review by <span>James B.</span>
James B.

"Good overall, I enjpy using it"

What do you like best?

Good features, good reliability and function

What do you dislike?

The layout, I have to adjust my browsers view, purely ascetic,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply just look through it and really figure out whee everything is. That is key once you have the layout down to just realize all that it can do for you.

Incidents, good follow up has come from using sonis

SONISWEB review by Internal Consultant in Mental Health Care
Internal Consultant in Mental Health Care

"information on housing incident reports from student life staff"

What do you like best?

Like I said above I use Sonis mainly to retrieve incident reports. what I like most is that the writer/designer of the report can decide who gets the reports and that I am notified when a report comes in by e mail.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have not used it enough to find things I dislike about it.

We use the product to disseminate confidential information. and to decide who gets what information. the product has added a layer of stabilization (like a policy or procedure) as we are now wedded to a single system .

SONISWEB review by User

"Mostly fine"

What do you like best?

Some of the reporting functions have been relatively easy to use. It integrated with my old fundraising database which made checking for discrepancies easy.

What do you dislike?

It is not completely intuitive and there's a relatively steep learning curve for using it. Reporting doesn't cleanly export into excel for easy sorting, which can be a hassle. Some of the editing functions could be easier as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

It's a useful system in the way that databases are useful once you get used to them. Complete integration with all our other systems would be ideal.

"Sonis: workable"

What do you like best?

the initial outlay for Sonis was relatively low.

What do you dislike?

Sonis does not work with google chrome. Even when using explorer, I keep running into little things that do not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to someone who has used it before committing.

The degree audit function is my favorite. Registration works fairly well.

SONISWEB review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"SonisWeb"

What do you like best?

I think there are a lot of things you can do with SonisWeb; however, no one was properly trained.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly in terms of creating different types of reports regarding prospectives, current students, or alumni.

I haven't had many benefits.

SONISWEB review by User in Higher Education

"Sonisweb, no big complaints"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to customize fields.

What do you dislike?

Fairly ugly, sometimes clunky interface, would like more options in design.

Higher ed student info. We log all of our activities, incidents, and info on students and trust it for privacy/confidentiality and storage.

SONISWEB review by <span>Amanda O.</span>
Amanda O.

"Love the ease of running the program"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and ability to track the student's attendance.

What do you dislike?

Out of the features we use, I find nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

None

SONISWEB review by <span>William F.</span>
William F.

"Does everything that a college communication system needs to do."

What do you like best?

Ease of sending emails to an entire class at one time.

What do you dislike?

To date I have found nothing to dislike.

Developing human capital.

SONISWEB review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Sonisweb for attendance and final grades"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to track attendance as well as record final grades.

What do you dislike?

If you don't see the confirmation of submitting final grades, you cannot tell if it was recorded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy-to-use. It has everything you need within a couple clicks of the mouse.

One stop shop for attendance, grades, and administrative needs

"Sonisweb User Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize data entry to fit the specific needs of your organization.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that all changes made to a page if one navigates away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that extra security measures are taken to protect data before purchasing a web based program that could contain sensitive information.

I am conducting data entry and database management for an organization.

"I use it."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can schedule and registration

What do you dislike?

I do not like the gradebook, attendance, data entry

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it. they just got bought out by another company so many things might be changing

none

SONISWEB review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"I have limited experience."

What do you like best?

I liked the user interface. It seems to be user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used this product enough to have any dislikes at this point.

The online application will certainly be helpful when we launch it.

"Faculty use of Sonis"

What do you like best?

Ability to record grades and attendance. Ability to look at student attendance over a period of time.

What do you dislike?

Not particularly user friendly. Many clicks required to do seemingly simple tasks.

Keeping track of students

SONISWEB review by Administrator

"Sonis"

What do you like best?

It is functional and easy to use. I like it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way it displays. It is boring to look at.

Managing a college.

SONISWEB review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Review"

What do you like best?

It's very simple. Very easy to use and clean.

What do you dislike?

It's not aesthetically pleasing. Should include more features.

Organization is good

Learning about Jenzabar SONIS?

* We monitor all Jenzabar SONIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.