Jet Reports

Jet Reports provides robust, easy-to-use reporting and Business Intelligence solutions that empower business users across the globe to make informed decisions.

Work for Jet Reports?

Learning about Jet Reports?

Compare Jet Reports to Similar Solutions

Jet Reports Reviews

Ask Jet Reports a Question
Showing 39 Jet Reports reviews
Jet Reports review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"I love Jet!"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to pull information from multiple systems into a single report, writing reports the way I and my company want to see them, filtering data as necessary for the user, and the ability to schedule reports and have them automatically send out based on my parameters. I also like to have the ability to drill down and see the base data that drives the results in the report.

What do you dislike?

More of a wish...I wish that when a user went to run a report, if the option field is a date, that there was a little calendar "date-picker" that could show up. It would just be easier than having to look at a calendar to figure out what the date was 2 weeks ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully review your needs and weigh the ability to design and produce your own customized reports to suit you and your company versus the canned reports that come with many software packages. I think you will find that Jet makes it easy to get the information you want, when you want it, and you can be confident in the results because YOU know where they came from.

We are able to schedule reports for sick/vacation time available/used; capital project status; daily sales information and statistics; financial statements; inventory...we use Jet for nearly all of our financial reporting and rely heavily on it for reporting and analysis in all areas of the company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jet Reports
Jet Reports review by Jared W.
Jared W.

"Jet Reports is a terrific product"

What do you like best?

I love being able to utilize all of the features of EXCEL while accessing my Accounting database to pull financial data. I love the GL function and it's ease in setting up reports. I enjoy it's interface tax in Excel.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could lock a spreadsheet to a specific company. I have 3 companies worth or reports and sometimes I forget to check which company I'm in when I open a report and it calculates incorrect data. I wish it were easier to code more complex reports. The jet feature seems to crash occasionally which is frustrating. I wish there was a feature to remove all Jet components of a sheet (just values)if I want to send it to a coworker without Jet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend JET Reports to anyone looking to do more than just using stock reports in your financial software. Because of it's integration in Excel it allows you to use all the power and formatting ability that would be more complicated in another package. It's versatility is what makes it shine.

Jet Reports is AMAZING! I've created over 50 unique Jet reports that allow me to save hundreds of hours of data entry over the course of a year. This allow me to present information otherwise inaccessible to upper management in a timely manner. We use to use Crystal report (which was part of our old accounting system) to generate our financial statements. JET is much more flexible and user friendly. It allows me to create any report I can think of in short order.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

"Jet Reports Recommendation"

What do you like best?

MS NAV comes with a lot of canned reports; however, there is always somebody in management that wants to see a report in a different format or the report you want doesn't exist. Jet allows me to extract just about any data in whatever report format I want. It takes a bit of knowledge to get started and sometimes build reports. But once you have it, you're done and they can be updated with the click of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

sometimes difficult to debug a report and sometimes the jet add-in disconnects so you have to restart your computer

I use Jet for all Financial Statement Presentations. Unlike using just excel, if you have an adjustment with Jet, all you do is "refresh" and all data is updated. With excel you would have to copy and paste. It's a real time saver.

Our Industry is the Manufacturing of Heat Exchangers.

Jet Reports review by Berl C.
Berl C.

"Knowledgeable and prompt support and product ease of use "

What do you like best?

Highly flexible product with great user documentation. Jet offers great customer support as well as user self guided tutorials and a vast knowledge base of topics.

What do you dislike?

As with most software packages the more flexible it is the more complicated it can be. This is not so much a con since they also offer multiple levers of user interface with built in automation but it does require a more than average knowledge of Excel to take full advantage of the product.

It has allowed for more advanced reporting and data analysis.

Jet Reports review by Jared H.
Jared H.

"Very useful tool for making reports from complicated data sets"

What do you like best?

Our database has a TON of data. JetReports allows us to run reports on a daily basis that make sense to various departments in our organization.

What do you dislike?

I would agree with what others have said: there is definitely a learning curve. It's not for complete novices. There is some excel and database knowledge that you need...not matter what anyone tells you

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have someone on staff that is familiar with database programming (SQL, etc) then JetReports is probably going to underwhelm

We have daily and weekly production reports that we need to send our clients. Running these used to be cumbersome and time consuming. I can now run these reports on demand with up to the minute data. The benefit has been more timely answers for my customers

Jet Reports review by Carol U.
Carol U.

"Excellent customer service and training"

What do you like best?

I like the fast response from Sales, Trainers, Support, Customer Service. I am always amazed the the quick response to any contact I have with the Jet Team which is generally via email. I usually expect to hear back from an organization within 24 hours. With Jet the responses are typically with in a couple of hours.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing.. Learning curve is longer than anticipated but took on three new software packages at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve as with any powerful software not to deter from purchasing, just to be aware of.

Pulling data from distribution software that is timely.

Jet Reports review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Jet Reports enables rich, detailed, easy to use reporting."

What do you like best?

I love the direct access to our ERP database to enable different types of reporting. For example - I can compare post-sale customer discounts against sales (pulling from the AR and AP sides of our ERP) for live tracking of discounts. Without Jet, this would be a high-effort monthly process. Now, it's a click of a button. Additionally, I can create custom reports to deliver exactly what end users need (and adjust them as processes change) without the risk that a user will accidentally change the wrong filters. Important filters can be hard coded! And more...data warehouses! Consolidating detailed data into flattened structures for easy reporting is fantastic, as is removing historical data from ERPs to keep performance high but still being able to report on historical data.

What do you dislike?

It is an Excel plugin and so it can crash when doing complex or large reports. It does seem to add a little bit of instability to Excel. This is more true of Office 365 when Office/Excel is being frequently updated.

It's certainly not a big issue but it can be annoying.

We solve budgeting issues by having frequent, automated Jet Reports run in the background and push to synced Dropbox folders. Outsides sales has overnight updates on sales, discounting, promotions, etc. This allows for sales to be more focused on promotions that generate sales. Jet also allows for easy review and cleanup of ERP Master Records - vendors, customers, dimensions, etc. to keep our ERP clean and improve data integrity.

Jet Reports review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Jet Reports Review"

What do you like best?

Jet Reports is pulls data from our Jet Cubes, Data Warehouse and Microsoft Dynamics Navision.

The cubes and Data warehouse update nightly for the larger reports so Jet it not constantly pulling from our Live Navision DB which is very large and would take a performance hit. Instead it pulls against the Jet Data Manager.

What do you dislike?

Users that are running reports that are already built run into issues when we get a few versions behind. The problem is I have to get the Jet Report Writer updated first and that user must verify our current Jet reports run on the newer version. Once that is done I have to uninstall Jet on each PC and reinstall the newer version. I know there is a newer Jet Reports Software that would help with this but we haven't upgraded at this time but plan to in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful company with great support. I have always gotten answers quickly with problems solved..

Crunching Data any way you want. Slicing and dicing based on which department needs what information.

Very robust.

Jet Reports review by Jodie M.
Jodie M.

"Jet Reports"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to quickly view live data in customized reports. Since these reports are based in Excel, they're easy to understand, use, and write.

What do you dislike?

As a designer I've learned that it's not Jet Reports that has limitations, it's the data itself. If I can't get a report to work, it is because that's not the way the data is set up in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch tutorial videos to understand what Jet Reports has to offer.

We use Jet Reports for everything. Everyone in our office uses them, from budgets, to tracking invoices, to federal reporting.

Jet Reports review by Administrator

"Jet Report Recommendation"

What do you like best?

I am sorry to say this, it is not user friendly or it is hard to set up the structure to be able to run the reports

What do you dislike?

Very complicated, time taking and requires advances skill in excel before attempting to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change with the recent technological inovations, make it simple, try to have a system which is easily understood by normal average users. Add more flexibility, alwasy add new fitures and new inovations. Prepare materials that can train and use as mannual. The current material is not easily understood by users.

We do all sort of report using Jet Report at the moment, all non-for profit reports required by donors and individuals

Jet Reports review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Great Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

great features and ease of use right from excel

What do you dislike?

may need a specialist to assist with detailed reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

great features and tools to create your reports. also the Portal allows you to schedule reports to run and be emailed to users/groups so set it and forget it.

widely used in our company for daily, weekly, monthly reports. all departments use it for their needs/reporting. live data right from our datasources/data warehouses.

Jet Reports review by Abraham A.
Abraham A.

"A great and easy to learn/use report tool that ingrates will with Dynamics NAV"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease of use of updating existing reports that use Jet Reports as long as you know the tables and fields of your database.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that when I'm refreshing a Jet Report that it occupies that excel program and that I cannot use another Excel window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that you pay for training for your users that have a Jet Reports designer license. Having the training will provide a good foundation/habits for your users in creating reports. Also, the users with the designer license should have a good understanding of how your database is setup(ex. tables and fields).

The business problems that we are solving is that rather than relying on the default reports from our ERP system we have the ability to create customized reports tailored to the end user of the report.

Jet Reports review by Abby W.
Abby W.

"Jet Reports for BI"

What do you like best?

Jet Reports allows me to collect data and use it to make informed decisions. It has become a primary role for me to create reports for others to make sure we are operating efficiently.

What do you dislike?

You have to be excel savvy. I wish there were more training videos.

I use Jet Reports to analyze data for operations. I benefit by viewing past, current, and future trends that allow me to make educated and informed decisions.

Jet Reports review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"It's ok; No really t a fan"

What do you like best?

The formulas a pretty straight forward and if you know what you're doing, it nice to be able to customize reports.

What do you dislike?

Jet is always crashing on me... (OLE error).; Jet doesn't do well if you need to modify the numbers (adding a hard coded number into the result of a jet formula does NOT work well), so it's not that flexible.

When creating reports, jet overrides the data I have in tables within the same excel spreadsheet even though they do not contain jet formulas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have support and make sure your system is properly set up for Jet. (Ex. - if you want to report on a specific dimension, make sure it's a global dimension). I've heard of users loving this product, but I find it difficult to work with.

Reporting financial and information to management, board of directors, and internal analysis.

Jet Reports review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Jet Reports review. "

What do you like best?

Jet Reports has been a great resource to be able to run financial statements quickly and format them the way our organization needs them set up.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to refresh reports is the thing I dislike most about Jet Reports. I know there are ways to get it to run quicker but it can be difficult to know what those are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jet Reports is a great tool to use with NAV.

Management reporting has been the most helpful. Being able to create inventory reports to monitor inventory turnover and margins have been a great benefit.

Jet Reports review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Great support network"

What do you like best?

Responses are fast and thorough from support

Report development is possible for a range of users

So many development options - anything is possible, it's just a matter of 'how'

What do you dislike?

Limited availability during business hours (due to time zone differences)

Reporting, dashboards - visibility on processes and gaps

Jet Reports review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Great way to customize data"

What do you like best?

I can get very specific data in a simple format, and create complex multi-table reports easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced formulas are hard to find clear documentation for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great. Get it.

We use Jet to provide visibility of all aspects of the business. It helps us find errors and understand what's going on.

Jet Reports review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Excellent! "

What do you like best?

Jet Reports is a great product! We love all aspects of it! It has saved our company a great amount of time. It was definitely worth the investment!

What do you dislike?

We really like everything about Jet Reports except that you can’t run other excel programs while it is jetting.

Our company's financial reporting has been greatly simplified with the use of Jet Reports! It has made our month end closing process much more efficient.

Jet Reports review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"The go-to tool for executive and PM dashboards as well as ad hoc reporting"

What do you like best?

In a matter of minutes I can create custom reports/queries to make quick informed decisions

What do you dislike?

Wish I had a deeper knowledge base to more fully utilize the tool. It does everything I need but I know I'm leaving functionality underutilized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product has a low barrier to entry, in a relatively short period of time anyone can be up and running.

ERP reports are inadequate for fast management analysis/decision. Jet Reports allows me to quickly access data and format so I don't need to pull multiple reports and consolidate.

Jet Reports review by Greg E.
Greg E.

"Easy to start using and lots of options and functionality for advanced users"

What do you like best?

It's inside Excel which means I can format easily and share with others easily too. It also can connect through Web Services so you can show Notes on reports.

What do you dislike?

For complex reports, in some cases it can be cumbersome to update as business needs change.

GL reconciliations, vendor/customer report cards, accounting analysis

Jet Reports review by Ann L.
Ann L.

"Buggy and not reliable, hard to use."

What do you like best?

We were able to make a single report with help from outside consultants.

What do you dislike?

This requires outside help for any customization, and is not reliable. This is a waste of time also. I am on Windows 10 and can't log into JR. I'm an admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother, go with Pivotier instead.

We need reports out of Navigator. We've since gone to Pivotier, but require JetReports for Windows 7 machines.

Jet Reports review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Just getting started developing with Jet"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull Nav data into excel.

Great examples to follow.

The use of Excel to develop report using intuitive formulas is brilliant.

The use of Excel as the reporting tools is great because users are familiar with it

What do you dislike?

Slow performance.

Having to install Jet on every computer and the setup is cumbersome

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a way to not have to install Jet on every computer, that would be great.

Costing information for manufacturing

Customer information outside of Nav.

Jet Reports review by Mark E.
Mark E.

"Overall good product, however experience is required"

What do you like best?

I like how the product Integrates with excel

What do you dislike?

The scheduler doesn't work 100% of the time.

We use Jetreports to view AX data in excel for our day to day operations. I have realized how important BI is in the business world.

Jet Reports review by Nafiz I.
Nafiz I.

"Taking the fuss out of reporting"

What do you like best?

The step by step NL function when reporting.

What do you dislike?

Excel maximum records. This limits the amount of information that can be drawn in a shot. With that said, it is not something that we run into very often.

Jet reports has allowed us to create financial reports, reports that help align our operations and understand our workload and workflow.

Jet Reports review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Jet Reports"

What do you like best?

Once you understand Jet Reports and how to design and maintain your files, Jet Reports is can be easily customized to meet multiple department needs.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for this product is high and finding help in building reports is difficult. Integrating Jet Reports into existing programs, like Access, is difficult. Online support and message boards are very limited in advice/help and often seems outdated. There is not a high enough user base to make this product useful to a company with a limited IT team and/or small budget.

Jet Reports is our main reporting tool, it is used to pull all required data from our ERP system.

Jet Reports review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Great Excel Add-in"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility of the product and the support provided by Jet Reports is very efficient and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

The inability to pre-determine run time length for some reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use of this product does require detailed primary understanding of both Navigator and Microsoft Excel.

We have been able to develop in house reporting solutions for Navigator, which has a less robust internal reporting product.

Jet Reports review by Ronald S.
Ronald S.

"Best product ever"

What do you like best?

Easy to write and customize report at your finger tips

What do you dislike?

The cost. The basic software isn't bad, but getting into some of the more robust features is pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! No excuses!

Any possible report you can think of you can create. It gives you any data you might want with a click of a button

Jet Reports review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Jet Reports for NAV"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for end users to quickly build reports from NAV data.

What do you dislike?

It's a little expensive if you need designer access for multiple users.

Users are able to build ad hoc reports and are able to leverage their existing excel skills to format the data into presentation quality reports.

Jet Reports review by Danica P.
Danica P.

"Jet Reports review"

What do you like best?

It is an excel based tool that easily accesses datasources to create quick lists or complex financials.

What do you dislike?

Periodic performance issues on large reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intermediate knowledge of the database is helpful.

Clients can create reports in a familiar interface that can be formatted to be used internally and externally.

Jet Reports review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Robust Business Reporting for MS Dynamics"

What do you like best?

Jet Reports report writing capabilities are quite extensive; if you can conceive it, they can probably report it.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to learn the syntax, table properties, etc. But once that knowledge was developed, the potential was unlimited.

We use Jet for in-depth business reporting, far beyond the "canned" reports available in Dynamics NAV. It's saved countless hours for ad hoc reporting (e.g., government and industry surveys, Dept. of Commerce statistics, etc.), as well as regular month-end and year-end reporting, account recs, etc.

Jet Reports review by User

"Formatted Financials from NAV made easy"

What do you like best?

Ability generate reports from multi-companies & dimensions

What do you dislike?

Would like for it to be easier to pull data from multiple data sources

Budgeting, Consolidated Entities reporting. Financial reporting in Jet allows for additional analysis of the data.

Jet Reports review by Jaime P.
Jaime P.

"Reporting"

What do you like best?

That I am able to design my own reports and customize them accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report writing is not as intuitive as it could be, which makes for more time spent troubleshooting than actual reporting.

I am able to take screenshots of data from periods of time to analyze, bring to managers, etc.

Jet Reports review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

I would like the ability to customize my reports, choosing the fields and how to arrange them.

What do you dislike?

I have had limited success with using the software. I set up reports and they don't load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get adequate training. This is not a "do it yourself" program. It takes time, experience and training to get the results that you want.

It could provide numerous benefits, financial reports that could be shared and updated without having to recreate the whee.

Jet Reports review by humberto m.
humberto m.

"very good"

What do you like best?

easy to use, easy to admin, eassy to set up

What do you dislike?

slow at running excel reports, it could be faster

dwh, self service excel reporting

Jet Reports review by Administrator

"Jet Reports for informed Business Decisions"

What do you like best?

flexibility, ease of use, the ability to combine tables to show users only the information they need to see.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes at this point in my Jet career.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put more tutorials on line, specific to writing q

Being able to set Metrics for Warehouses and Sales teams based on the information pulled from tables in our ERP.

"great expansion "

What do you like best?

I like the help offered and the ease of use, especially visually

What do you dislike?

Maybe have more guides and examples online, so that new people can learn easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program!

we are using descriptive analytics, and moving that towards predictive! We are making smarter decisions.

Jet Reports review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great Report Tool"

What do you like best?

Using Jet Reports gives my company freedom to create custom reports

What do you dislike?

Learning curve for design reports. The scheduled report feature is a great tool however it can also be difficult to setup.

We are able to make whatever reports we need

Jet Reports review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Have been using Jet for more than 10 years, amazing tool for all type of reporting and charts."

What do you like best?

Working in Excel format, multi-table data gathering possibilities, functionalities, scheduling, graphs and charts.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling e-mails sometime doesn't work, need to reboot the machine (any advises ?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need definitely use it

Financial, sales, order processing reports and analyses

"Jet reports"

What do you like best?

fairly easy to use, easy to learn as a new user

What do you dislike?

some glitches sometimes with refreshing reports

Quickly extract data to summarize large data

Learning about Jet Reports?

* We monitor all Jet Reports reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Jet Reports to Similar Solutions