JIRA

(2093)

JIRA is an issue and project tracker for teams building great software. Track bugs and tasks, link issues to related code, agile planning, and monitor activity.

Work for JIRA?
Roadmunk learnmore  2x

Learning about JIRA?

JIRA Reviews

Showing 2106 JIRA reviews
JIRA review by <span>Yaroslav K.</span>
Yaroslav K.

More then you will ever need / CRM full of surprises

What do you like best?

*Functionality The best feature of Jira is a huge number of integrations, massive amount of possibilities, statistics and tricks that you can you inside the platform. There is an integrated tracking, kanbans, lists, sorting direct contact with chat (stride) and feature to work with git right from every task or issue. * New UI Recently Jira got an update, a new chat (Stride, instead of Hipchat) and a new UI for the tasks. I can see that company goes in the right direction to adopt all of it's powers. *Customization Jira, being confusing at first hides a lot of it's features inside most of which you can change and adjust to your business needs. It is a great solution for a big corporation with dozens of departments, hundreds of employees and thousands of issues and tasks daily. However, in all other cases Jira can be a nightmare at this point.

What do you dislike?

*Slow Out off all CRM platforms and tools to handle tasks and issues Jira is the slowest by far. Is it initial problem or has it appeared after adopting so many technologies under one roof - I can't be sure. But one thing is clear - Jira is awfully slow. *To many features Yes, it is a disadvantage when it comes to Jira. When a new customer comes to Jira I believe, he is most definitely confused. Especially, if he/she tried ANYTHING else before. Of course, I see that company does a lot to make it easier and more comfortable, but as it is now, Jira is a terrible solution for fast adoption, scary for a small or middle sized team and most definitely not a great choice for personal use. Jira is Huge. If you are huge - great features, customizing, different apps and plugins will help you solve a lot with Jira. If you are just starting or don't have that many tasks and issues and people in your company - you should probable check other options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Make it easier to use (simplified UI approach is needed)

*It is too slow for task creation

*Better work with lists

In my projects I use Jira for complex workflows and tasks that require utmost work and scheduling.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JIRA
JIRA review by <span>Jithendra K A.</span>
Jithendra K A.

Jira A great Task assigning tool

What do you like best?

One can track the tasks assigned to them. with great ease.

Easy to interact about a task. EAsy to get into the task for bug fixes and report it to the higher level through the spontaneous notifications. Thus keeping our application to up to date and push it to our production server.

What do you dislike?

I feel JIRA should be easy to afford for small businesses like the vendor company i am working for. Should be able to Advertise the application if it critical with a periodic notifications. Need to take the help of my co employee who is an JIRA expert, in finding a tool which i require. So much of documentation, if provided with video tutorials, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Sure will recommend to the friends and colleagues and vendor companies. Need to explore on JIRA tools more so that it will be easy to recommend the colleagues.

Task tracking, jobs fulfillment status, and Tasks priority. Keeping the upto date of documentation progressing.

What Product Management solution do you use?

JIRA review by <span>Sam O.</span>
Sam O.

Excellent for staying on top of tasks

What do you like best?

I personally like the ability to track where issues and tasks are at, how much work has been completed on them and what the estimated time remaining is. I can see at a glance where mine and my team are up to.

What do you dislike?

The navigation can be a bit tricky until you set up custom views. Now that my custom views are set up properly, I can simply click a link and get taken directly to exactly what I want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is excellent if you are in need of keeping track of jobs or time tracking. There are numerous plugins that you can install to automate things such as how long is spent on each task. It is also great for other teams that aren't necessarily IT departments or developers. We have it implemented across multiple teams so they can assign jobs and sub jobs to each other in order to create a bit of a workflow.

Logging and tracking issues and projects. I also use it as a way of noting down ideas as they arise. I don't have time to do most things as they are thought of so it is great for logging for future. When I complete one task or project, I visit my Jira queue and see what I can do next depending on priority & time constraints. It is a great way to get some quick wins done if I only have a short time so I can clear the queue a bit before taking on my next big project.

JIRA review by <span>Ashley F.</span>
Ashley F.

Great Organization Tool

What do you like best?

I like how JIRA helps teams organize themselves. It's really helpful to break work down and assign it out in such a visible way. I like the organization and being able to create a hierarchy of tickets and work. I especially like being able to edit tickets in bulk - when closing down a product that is particularly helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think there are key updates they are missing -like being able to create Epic of Epics for better organization or being able to have product releases (product iterations) vs feature releases (the tech work). I really dislike not being able to get features like creating an over-arching epic over smaller ones, not being able to split the work between two team members when you use time tracking instead of story points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can have a learning curve that requires you to invest time and your resources to learn it. I would recommend getting some teams involved early so that they can help onboard other teams. The best I've seen this done is by training scrum masters who can help onboard their teams.

We have found a better form of organization and we are working on more clearly defined objectives. I believe we've seen how much work we can accomplish thanks to the organization of JIRA as well as being able to solidify our ideas before work starts. The tickets help each engineer better speak up for their sprint during sprint planning.

JIRA review by <span>Johnny S.</span>
Johnny S.

Solid base functionality, but requires add-ons for full use

What do you like best?

JIRA allows us to manage projects in several different ways, whether via Sprint Boards or Kanban Boards, and provides visibility across the entire company into the progress of each Project or Issue. Custom fields give us the flexibility we need to tailor our JIRA implementation for our use case(s).

What do you dislike?

The base functionality of JIRA only got us so far. ScriptRunner, Tempo, and other add-ons were almost required for us to make full use of the tool. Additionally, the licensing model for almost everything connected to JIRA is user-based, so if you scale into your implementation incrementally, you will need to have additional funds available for the licensing (JIRA and add-ons). Even with ScriptRunner, our need for reporting requirement goes beyond what JIRA offers OOB, so we have needed architecture and data analysis in addition to the tool and add-ons.

We needed a central location for project management and issue tracking. Additionally, we needed to be able to evaluate our resources in relation to our projects. JIRA (with Tempo) has created a single, scalable means for us to accomplish both of these things. We are better able to track our workloads and apply the appropriate resources to different projects as needed.

JIRA review by <span>Anthony V.</span>
Anthony V.

JIRA has a lot of tools needed to help you manage your Developer/QA/BA Needs

What do you like best?

JIRA offers a complete solution to help a software company track all dev work, what has been tested or needs to be tested and what is in the backlog. With their KanBan board, we clearly see what is in the pipeline. We can weigh each log with points and see how many points we can accomplish in a sprint.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the ticketing solution they have. With every software company, comes a customer service team. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our company, the fact that emails could not easily be built with images. We also found the UI for our clients was not simple enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA helps you get organised. The only issue that we came across is that JIRA offers no training or help. You will need to find a consultant who is accredited by JIRA. They usually charge a pretty penny so make sure that you company is completely ready to make this switch. Have everything listed that you want to do and do it once. Have 1 person in the company assigned as the "JIRA Champion" so that once the consultant leaves, that person can take over and be able to make the necessary changes of business evolution.

We had a custom built software to hold all development documentation but it was awful to say the least. With JIRA, our communication has improved and the fact that it joins with Confluence which is great for BA/QA and functional docs, makes it all better. We seem to have a better handle on what we do and development logs do not fall through the cracks. The last thing you want is to send our a feature into production and nobody tested it because the log was left behind somewhere and QA did not see it.

Learning about JIRA?

* We monitor all JIRA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.