JIRA

(2,285)

JIRA is an issue and project tracker for teams building great software. Track bugs and tasks, link issues to related code, agile planning, and monitor activity.

Work for JIRA?

Learning about JIRA?

JIRA Reviews

Ask JIRA a Question
Showing 2,298 JIRA reviews
JIRA review by Gabryella P.
Gabryella P.

"Jira as a basic user."

What do you like best?

I like that everything I need to do is there and I get an email everytime it is updated. I am assigned math problems to then turn into a video and it is nice to have everything in one place to see the current progress. Since I am technically a contracter and live in a different state it allows for a easy way for them to assign me problems to then turn into videos for the website.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the format and the look of it, it feels very boring and is not inviting. It could be more user-friendly in just how it looks. Also sometimes it can take a while to load so that sometimes can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to communicate to those that are not in your office or with a contractor it is a great tool. I am on the other side of the country and they are able to give me the assignments I need with ease.

It is to communicate problems that need to be turned into videos to me and then to tell the managers when it is done and they can review it. It is a form of a to-do list almost.

It also allows for me to see how many problems I have left to do before a new set is asigned to me, it is a great way also to see if I need to redo something.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JIRA
JIRA review by Wade W.
Wade W.

"A bit of a white elephant in project management"

What do you like best?

The wonderful thing about Jira (as compared to simpler tools like Trello, Smartsheets, or really anything else) is that it literally can do anything. Jira is completely configurable and functions more like a platform for project management than an out of the box project management tool.

What do you dislike?

The configurability is useful, but often overwhelming. At my company we lack a dedicated Jira admin, therefore whenever I want to do anything, it takes large amounts of my time to get everything configured appropriately.

Once I do figure out how to configure what I need (after navigating through 5 layers of navigation to find the page I need), I have to be very careful not to break other's carefully crafted workflows using all of the naturally shared components that are not very clearly marked how shared they are.

When we used Trello, the tool helped me do my job. Now that we switched to Jira, I have to spend time working on Jira rather than doing work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to dedicate lots of time to administration

Project tracking, time accounting, and high level dashboarding of projects in progress.

What Product Management solution do you use?

JIRA review by Aurélien L.
Aurélien L.

"Flexible and flowing tool for IT support management"

What do you like best?

Compared to many other IT support management software (like for instance EasyVista), JIRA is natively designed to be easy to use from a web browser, by any user.

Global design is clear and simple; interactive button of links are easy to see and find; additionnal documents in attachments and comments fields are also really visible. Without even knowing JIRA, you can immediately understand where and how you can add information. This point is a real advantage for an ITSM tool (which by definition will be used by all types of users, including non IT users).

What do you dislike?

A problem we met is information sharing in JIRA, especially when it is based on reports (called Filters in JIRA).

It is not easy to share these filters with colleagues; parameters of visibility and availability on these filters need to be more cuztomizable. I know it is possible to access to Popular filters, or Favorite filters, but it should be possible to create groups (or folder) for filters, and share access to a complete folder to a colleague by only few clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User different types of object (incident, request, change) to customize at best your experience (with various workflows).

JIRA allows us to access quickly to all current issues/requests/problems/changes. As I added before, the fact it is responsive designed make it possible to be a mobile tool - and we have users on mobile in JIRA.

In our company, JIRA is used for ITSM purpose but also for product management, notably with change request and backlog item request. Using only one tool allows to directly see links between our support activity (issues caused by a missing function in software) and our product management activity (how a new function in software can respond to current issues).

JIRA review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"All your projects in Jira? Guaranteed success."

What do you like best?

Jira, the platform that most adapted to what we are looking for, the application that gave us the greatest security so far. Jira belongs to that select group of software that makes it continue to be used, keep updating and keep growing with them.

+ Jira has particular characteristics that provide a tangible investment and investment of time and resources of each participant of the team.

+ Jira supports the current methodologies of development and planning, which are clearly agile, oriented to the use of each resource to maximize productivity.

+ Jira has allowed us to achieve comfort to create a filter when generating reports, search for outstanding customer's tickets, direct and effective communication for the attention of incidents and improvement reports.

+ You can create new add-ons and configure Jira in the style of each work rhythm, all under an impeccable visual frame with security and good load balance before all requests.

What do you dislike?

- It is important to know that Jira gives us great support to the user, and their attention is a priority, but many times they do not guess the problem. It is an element to review in Atlassian.

- The introduction to Jira's world is expected to be as magical as its interface and performance. The truth is that it is complex to build filters and move around in the application when the user is new.

- You want to run a correct download of the reports at the end of the month or at the end of the week, the reports are delivered in spreadsheets, but with a presentation that leaves much to be desired, in turn, when setting the dates they should have more or less days so you can perform the download correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The use of Jira gave us a better perspective of the project, it led us to track, inform hours and manage incidents and customer improvements with more success than ever.

I recommend Jira when the project is based on a true Ágile planning methodology and when the team is really committed to doing a good job, and that their performance speaks for itself, as is our case.

I recommend those companies that have not yet implemented an application to track incidents and project management as a whole, to do so and start and end with Jira.

Jira helps us in:

+ Monitoring of incidents and improvements provided by the client, we elaborated a plan based on what we are informed by email.

+ Ability to add comments, attachments, images, tangible evidence when an incident is reported.

+ Division of projects, some of them focused on business management and others on the follow-up of process development.

+ All the equipment within the application, being productive and contributing its grain of sand so that in the end it is reflected in the reports that Jira generates and has contributed a great productivity.

JIRA review by Nicola P.
Nicola P.

"Whatever you need Jira has a workflow and a board for it"

What do you like best?

Biggest strengths of Jira are: configuration options, board customization, workflow customization. Depending on the type of product you're developing or the methodology you work with Jira has the required flexibility to match your needs.

Jira offers standard Scrum and Kanban boards and workflow, but you can build your own board mixing the two of them, creating custom workflow with new status, using the JQL (Jira Query Language) to mix card from different projects. All of this gives you a total control of your workload, progress and delivery.

What do you dislike?

The cloud suite sometimes suffers slow loading, so in terms of performance Jira could improve a lot. Another point that could be reviewed and improved could be the SORTING options: I find it a bit complex when you want to order your activities in a custom way: by ranking orders visually the tickets, but this bypass the priorities, so if you want to sort as you need sometimes you need to build your ordering by yourself complexifying your filter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JQL and custom workflows are the more powerful tools to use within this suite. Use them.

We run Services Delivery Roadmap in countries with Jira, with a full customized workflow and set of boards which gives a lot a complete overview of the scenarios for each service, region, step of the flow and so on.

Also I had the opportunity to build a board where I can have under control each activity in an unique view, divided in lane by importance.

JIRA review by John Reejet F.
John Reejet F.

"The best ticketing tool ever!"

What do you like best?

You could simply drag and drop attachments, enter a syntax using the code option. You could also enter tables just by following the format. The option for ticket linking/relating has also been very useful as you'll see all issues related to what you are working on. You could also set a ticket and tag it as a pre-requisite for other related/linked ticket. It could also be integrated to other chat/messaging tools such as HipChat and Slack which is way very useful, imagine getting notified on slack for specific tickets that you need to watch or keep an eye on. It could also send a broadcast on your messaging/chat app for specific opened tickets, this would be useful for urgent tickets that needs to be handled by the team like urgent code deployments, and codes that need urgent test/QA.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had anything in JIRA that I don't like so far. This ticketing tool simply get the job done, it serves its purpose pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore JIRA and you'll be amazed on the things that this ticketing tool has to offer. Ease of access, very easy to learn but is still full of potential to grow.

Mostly Technical issues, Bugs, Deployments, code developments, even hardware issues.

JIRA review by Albert B.
Albert B.

"Useful for team project management and issues control"

What do you like best?

The interface can be fully customized to fit the user needs. Also it is very useful for me, as an electronics hardware developer, to use the issues to list all the bugs and improvements for the new electronic board version. It also allows the project managers to easily assign tasks and issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it works very slowly, and is not due to the internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be hard to use it at the beginning, but when you have enough experience it makes your job life easier.

Project management, issue tracking and assignments of tasks. It also allows to log the spent hours for each issue to have a great control over the time used in each project. It can be used to manage the different engineering teams (hardware, firmware, software, manufacturing...), so you can always know what your coleagues are doing.

JIRA review by Jithendra K A.
Jithendra K A.

"Jira A great Task assigning tool"

What do you like best?

One can track the tasks assigned to them. with great ease.

Easy to interact about a task. EAsy to get into the task for bug fixes and report it to the higher level through the spontaneous notifications. Thus keeping our application to up to date and push it to our production server.

What do you dislike?

I feel JIRA should be easy to afford for small businesses like the vendor company i am working for. Should be able to Advertise the application if it critical with a periodic notifications. Need to take the help of my co employee who is an JIRA expert, in finding a tool which i require. So much of documentation, if provided with video tutorials, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Sure will recommend to the friends and colleagues and vendor companies. Need to explore on JIRA tools more so that it will be easy to recommend the colleagues.

Task tracking, jobs fulfillment status, and Tasks priority. Keeping the upto date of documentation progressing.

JIRA review by Sam O.
Sam O.

"Excellent for staying on top of tasks"

What do you like best?

I personally like the ability to track where issues and tasks are at, how much work has been completed on them and what the estimated time remaining is. I can see at a glance where mine and my team are up to.

What do you dislike?

The navigation can be a bit tricky until you set up custom views. Now that my custom views are set up properly, I can simply click a link and get taken directly to exactly what I want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is excellent if you are in need of keeping track of jobs or time tracking. There are numerous plugins that you can install to automate things such as how long is spent on each task. It is also great for other teams that aren't necessarily IT departments or developers. We have it implemented across multiple teams so they can assign jobs and sub jobs to each other in order to create a bit of a workflow.

Logging and tracking issues and projects. I also use it as a way of noting down ideas as they arise. I don't have time to do most things as they are thought of so it is great for logging for future. When I complete one task or project, I visit my Jira queue and see what I can do next depending on priority & time constraints. It is a great way to get some quick wins done if I only have a short time so I can clear the queue a bit before taking on my next big project.

JIRA review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Great Organization Tool "

What do you like best?

I like how JIRA helps teams organize themselves. It's really helpful to break work down and assign it out in such a visible way. I like the organization and being able to create a hierarchy of tickets and work. I especially like being able to edit tickets in bulk - when closing down a product that is particularly helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think there are key updates they are missing -like being able to create Epic of Epics for better organization or being able to have product releases (product iterations) vs feature releases (the tech work). I really dislike not being able to get features like creating an over-arching epic over smaller ones, not being able to split the work between two team members when you use time tracking instead of story points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can have a learning curve that requires you to invest time and your resources to learn it. I would recommend getting some teams involved early so that they can help onboard other teams. The best I've seen this done is by training scrum masters who can help onboard their teams.

We have found a better form of organization and we are working on more clearly defined objectives. I believe we've seen how much work we can accomplish thanks to the organization of JIRA as well as being able to solidify our ideas before work starts. The tickets help each engineer better speak up for their sprint during sprint planning.

JIRA review by Johnny S.
Johnny S.

"Solid base functionality, but requires add-ons for full use"

What do you like best?

JIRA allows us to manage projects in several different ways, whether via Sprint Boards or Kanban Boards, and provides visibility across the entire company into the progress of each Project or Issue. Custom fields give us the flexibility we need to tailor our JIRA implementation for our use case(s).

What do you dislike?

The base functionality of JIRA only got us so far. ScriptRunner, Tempo, and other add-ons were almost required for us to make full use of the tool. Additionally, the licensing model for almost everything connected to JIRA is user-based, so if you scale into your implementation incrementally, you will need to have additional funds available for the licensing (JIRA and add-ons). Even with ScriptRunner, our need for reporting requirement goes beyond what JIRA offers OOB, so we have needed architecture and data analysis in addition to the tool and add-ons.

We needed a central location for project management and issue tracking. Additionally, we needed to be able to evaluate our resources in relation to our projects. JIRA (with Tempo) has created a single, scalable means for us to accomplish both of these things. We are better able to track our workloads and apply the appropriate resources to different projects as needed.

JIRA review by Anthony V.
Anthony V.

"JIRA has a lot of tools needed to help you manage your Developer/QA/BA Needs"

What do you like best?

JIRA offers a complete solution to help a software company track all dev work, what has been tested or needs to be tested and what is in the backlog. With their KanBan board, we clearly see what is in the pipeline. We can weigh each log with points and see how many points we can accomplish in a sprint.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the ticketing solution they have. With every software company, comes a customer service team. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our company, the fact that emails could not easily be built with images. We also found the UI for our clients was not simple enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA helps you get organised. The only issue that we came across is that JIRA offers no training or help. You will need to find a consultant who is accredited by JIRA. They usually charge a pretty penny so make sure that you company is completely ready to make this switch. Have everything listed that you want to do and do it once. Have 1 person in the company assigned as the "JIRA Champion" so that once the consultant leaves, that person can take over and be able to make the necessary changes of business evolution.

We had a custom built software to hold all development documentation but it was awful to say the least. With JIRA, our communication has improved and the fact that it joins with Confluence which is great for BA/QA and functional docs, makes it all better. We seem to have a better handle on what we do and development logs do not fall through the cracks. The last thing you want is to send our a feature into production and nobody tested it because the log was left behind somewhere and QA did not see it.

JIRA review by Osman Fikret C.
Osman Fikret C.

"All-in-one project tracking platform"

What do you like best?

JIRA is the best job tracking platform I have ever tried before! Also, the best part is the integration of the agile methodologies like Scrum. One of the other best benefits of it is the usage of the graphical analysis with the process of the project(s). Issue tracking, graphical analysis, Scrum boards, project structuring, workload calculations, velocity calculations and more are on this platform and its documentation is well prepared!

What do you dislike?

I can't say anything that bothers me about JIRA but its price is a little bit high. Even if its pricing is high I would definitely use this platform again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly suggest JIRA for anyone wants to use it for the project development. You will definitely satisfy with this platform's benefits.

I am planning my project on the JIRA and creating project development plan with my friends. I realized that I can use Scrum on JIRA and it was gamechanger for us. We started to develop projects in fastest and efficient way. We also tracked bug issues easily on this platform.

JIRA review by Nicholas Y.
Nicholas Y.

"Robust tool for teams of any size!"

What do you like best?

JIRA works as a powerful, robust, and relatively easy to use tool for our development team to keep track of everything anyone is working on at any given time. JIRA's issue tracking helps to make sure that every action in an iteration can be accounted for, and can be referenced to in the future if any problems arise, which gives everyone the satisfaction of having accountability.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a little bit of an update, and for someone jumping into using an issue tracking service with no prior experience there is a bit of a learning curve that might throw some people off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to adopt it, be sure to do it fully! A lot of people that use JIRA on my team and other teams at my company don't utilize all of the features of it. Do it early and it'll save project managers a lot of headache!

Using JIRA helps to keep everyone on the team on the same page. The ability to be able to track the progress of everyone on the individual stories, spikes, and epics that they are working on helps to give everyone a sense of accountability and community in a more business-oriented fashion.

JIRA review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Powerful tools, powerful (sometimes overwhelming) customizatoin"

What do you like best?

Designed for agile development with pre-built boards and intuitive reporting.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to find how and where to configure settings and workflow, always have to search to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA has become the industry standard, and for good reason: the workflow engine and agile features make it easy to adopt so long as your company has a vest interest in working with agile (or similar) methods. You can start using the program on day one and customize as you go for greater and greater accuracy.

Product development, time management, and prioritization. We've centralized our bug reporting and incident response into this one, powerful tool. Benefits have included simplifying our tech stack, powerful integrations with our ticketing software (Zendesk) that bring the support team on board, and intuitive visuals such as dashboards, reports, and color coding.

JIRA review by Alexander C.
Alexander C.

"Easy bug tracking for dummies."

What do you like best?

It integrates well with Confluence for team collaboration on bugs and projects. This allows us to have automated checklists in Confluence for testing, customizable UI for external bug/project submission, lots of reports and metrics tracking and automated task reminders that can link back to our documentation database.

What do you dislike?

First time user is a little intimidating, (non Dev) bug pages can be a bit overwhelming with the amount of data presented and there is not always an easy way to filter the page for just that data you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Atlassian has several solid products that all integrate well together and allow integration to other products. If looking for a bare bones bug or project tracker there are a ton of options, if you are looking for an all in one solutions that play nice with others than Jira paired with Confluence is a great software to consider.

Bug tracking on multiple software products each having multiple supported versions. this allows us to keep innovation on new hardware with new customers while improving the stability and functionality of existing software on legacy hardware for older clients.

JIRA review by Aditya T.
Aditya T.

"Great tool for bugs issues ad project management"

What do you like best?

I have been in the field of software engineering since now almost 3 years and i am using JIRA now for a good amount of tie and i feel its the best software a company can use for maintaining issuing bugs and managing the project by the company because it gives me access to identify and solve the bugs amongst the developing team and to carry on the project management tasks like scheduling planning resource allocation.

What do you dislike?

The thing i would like to overcome is that for certain mass like students who wants to learn the project management concepts are unable to get the proper insight in th free version so i wold recommend Altassian to please provide some more functionalities in the trial version

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend to use this software specially for those who are working on a small scale and to be in continuos touch with developers and to solve the issues and to discuss project related issues easy and quick.

I have been solving many problems from basic allocation of resources to solving bugs in the development through JIRA and various problems like business models ad its implemantation.

JIRA review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Not a bad tool for first time project management/issue tracking tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can visually monitor many projects simultaneously. I like that you can add tickets and issues to the system relatively quickly and easily. The tool is pretty intuitive and it only take a few attempts before you understand how the system works.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you open up the big Gantt chart, it doesn't automatically take you to the current date. It takes you to the beginning date of one of the projects. In this case, I have to scroll all the way through to find today's date. There is not a button that allows you to click to get to that point in time either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and have a clear understanding of what types of outcomes you're looking for from your issues logging/project management software tool. Make sure that JIRA can handle those prior to selecting your vendor.

Tracking projects, submitting issues and creating tasks for other individuals through out the organization. It allows upper management to see transparency within the organization. Shows them who is doing what, who is fixing what and how the time line is looking. Great tool to show transparency.

JIRA review by Nam T.
Nam T.

"4 year experience using JIRA and integrated tools"

What do you like best?

The core app is used to integrate with several other tools such as test management tool pluggin, bamboo, confluence, bitbucket

The JIRA is also the tool to allow all of stakeholders to be more proactively to communicate transparently and especially development team to work on Agile/Scrum methodology perfectly

What do you dislike?

Customized reports are not really flexible, easy to learn and generate for quality metrics in particular.

Need some knowledge for new users before starting using JIRA.

It is more effective for small to medium sized companies. It might not be suitable for large company with more than 5000-6000 users.

The fields are not dynamics. Once we choose a fields, only related values are showed instead of irrelevant values

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using JIRA as the communicating tool and project management is the best choice compared to other project tools such as Bugzilla. It is compatible to other open sources such as test automation tools (Selenium, based Python tool - Robot Framework). It also allows user to implement a full software development flow from design, code, build, test and deploy that adapt to DevOps process.

The price is also the prefer selection to use JIRA as there are multiple options depending on how size is your company

The business problems come from the user requirements tracked with Confluence and tied to Jira issues for sprint planning, execution and review. The benefits are the transparency in communicating with stakeholders and good project quality tracking

JIRA review by Nguyễn Xuân  T.
Nguyễn Xuân T.

"Effective tool to manage the Agile project"

What do you like best?

it is very much user friendly, too easy for reporting an issue and updating its status, especially attaching the screenshot very easily. The Velocity Chart and Epic Burn-down Chart are also really helpful in monitoring the team's performance and the forecast of completing the remaining works.

What do you dislike?

any update and save trigger notification, in case one item is updated several times (i.e. update description, assignment, Sprint, ...) that causes many emails send out. it would be better if the notification can be waited within a reasonable time then send out once for all the updates in one item. There is no a chart similar a gantt chart which can help to manage the whole project plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for bug tracking and product backlog management with very much user friendly and easy custom workflow by project. Moreover, this is one of the best tool fits with the project applying Agile methodology.

Transforming to Agile and bug tracking effectively. It would help me to execute transforming my team to Agile team by applying the Scrum framework effectively since the Jira is more than a product management and status tracking, it also introduces the guidance for applying the Scrum framework through their functionalities and reports

JIRA review by Élodie M.
Élodie M.

"A complete project management tool for dev teams"

What do you like best?

What I most like in JIRA is the transparency it provides us in our tech team. As a product manager, I have a clear view of what our team is working on and what I have planned for the next weeks.

A good amount of settings are customizable, whether it's for your project or your users management.

And the new interface is way much better than the old one!

The dashboards and its KPIs are also one of the great things I use. It helps me track our efficiency in order to improve it.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get used to it. I think it still remains a tool meant for IT team. The workflows and the structure of a project (scrum, kanban, etc.) were clearly meant for agile dev teams. But Scrumban does not really fit with the structure of JIRA (although I finally found workarounds).

We never managed to put our marketing and design team issues in JIRA because it is way too much complex for the type of tasks they deal with.

So we finally decided to use 2 or 3 different project management tools for each team of our business.

Also, the settings are quite confusing sometimes. Maybe there are too much of them. I don't always know where to go to modify a specific item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a mature dev team who's looking for a complete tool which will allow you to manage different line of projects at the same time, JIRA is the one.

As a product manager, it helps me plan the next tasks the dev team will have to assess and work on. As a team, we have a better idea of the structure of each project (epic, story, sub-task).

It also help a lot our QA guy since he is more aware of what's ready for testing and what's not. He can associated bugs to some issues and then send it back to the dev team.

We also have more visibility on what's ready to put in production.

So as a whole, JIRA helps us organize our dev task workflow and makes us more efficient.

JIRA review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"Jira one of the best project management "

What do you like best?

I like most of all, that I always know exactly who is responsible for a specific problem in our project. It is very easy planning with JIRA.

What do you dislike?

I liked the service, but its price for our small team is more than the price of competitors. It is also not possible to configure notifications that come to e-mail. In addition, JIRA does not have its own mobile client.

I had problems with the integration of some plug-ins. They need to simplify this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really excellent product. I will definitely recommend it. Try to learn JIRA, create boards, projects and workflows. Try to compare different tools for a user, administrator or project lead. I think it will suit you.

JIRA is our main contact center for our small team. It's very easy for me to create emails, forms, warnings and much more. JIRA helps us to contact with teammates and control the whole process to solve each task.

JIRA review by Patrick O.
Patrick O.

"Good Product Development Management Platform"

What do you like best?

Jira is a great tool for identifying and tracking bug issues as well as organizing and executing new product development. It is very easy to set up Epics, User Stories and development sprints in order to successfully execute on development schedules.

What do you dislike?

Really the only dislike is that it offers so many tools & capabilities, you can keep uncovering more efficient ways to use the service and platform which can be a little disruptive

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform, but take the time to learn and understand all of the power and tools that it can provide, so that you can set up your workflow appropriately for your business

This is how we manage our development cycles. We have become much more efficient with this over the last two years, but it has helped our organization become faster to market with our development and we have released more new products and features in the last two years than any other time during my 7 years with this division. Most recently we uncovered a new way to auto-upload user stories into individual Jira tickets, to make the process significantly easier. As we continue to get more effective with our use, we are seeing significant financial savings due to our efficiency with development.

JIRA review by John M.
John M.

"All the features that you could ever need"

What do you like best?

Jira is very flexible and has all the options you could ever need. It is a complex system but once you get used to working in it you can manage your day-to-day with great ease.

What do you dislike?

there is a slightly large learning curve in order to feel comfortable in working within Jira. Much the same as other programs, there is a lot going on with Jira and data fields and functionality and can be scary to navigate around in at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take the time to orient yourself with the software so you know all the nuances. There is some set-up to get started but once you take the time to navigate and orient yourself to the software you will be happy with this product.

Prioritization has become a lot easier with Jira. It is a one stop shop for all tasks, projects you are working on. It gives our business our better look into what each department is working on.

JIRA review by Elliot F.
Elliot F.

"One of the Best In Class Agile Tools"

What do you like best?

Jira is Very customizable. It can be shaped to do pretty much whatever you want it to do. One incredibly powerful feature of Jira is its integrations. There are countless integrations that it has and it has many products that it will integrate with so you can set up all kinds of tooling around it. As far as using it for agile processes it is truly best in class. The Atlassian staff that supports Jira listens to feedback and has taken steps to improve their product over the years and has improved tremendously. If you use Atlassian cloud for Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence you will find that it has all the things you need to get your team up and running. It also has a mobile app that is a little limited, but does the majority of what you could want as a team member.

What do you dislike?

Navigation around the ui can be difficult at times, but this is continually improving. Some of the management aspects of projects and users is a little difficult to setup, but documentation has improved where it is not as painful as long as you read before you start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really understand whichever process you are doing and try to use JIRA to match our process - not the other way around. Avoid overcomplicating your project hierarchy and aim for simplicity at first. Don't forget it is a tool that's supposed to help teams across a business collaborate and not become a dead letter queue or information refrigerator.

We use JIRA to track our Scrum teams as well as a Kanban team. We use it for stories, issues, tasks, production maintenance tracking, and planning. It helps us communicate where we are at to each other and the rest of our business. We have many integrations and most importantly is with our source control. If you were to look at Jira you can see if there are feature branches or pull requests related to a story as well as go see what those are in those tools directly from Jira. As an engineer, I like that I do not have to do anything fancy besides name my branch or have a tag in a commit for Jira to pick it up from our source control. It truly does help get your team organized and once it is setup it mostly stays out of your way and facilities your agile process.

JIRA review by Alison K.
Alison K.

"A good option, with room for improvement "

What do you like best?

Useful flexible features, a whole suite of products that work well together, and out of the box functionality that makes getting projects done easier.

What do you dislike?

The admin and customizations can get out of control quickly. The issues and screen schemes and permissions and notifications and workflows.... having to go five places to change one thing. It is a mess in there. It leaves extreme flexibility but also takes a lot of upkeep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization has multiple projects or is working in a agile method this is a good ticketing system. It has lots of bells and whistles but the core ticket and usability always shines through. It is not very pretty which our creative teams complain about but it gets the job done.

Project management and issue tracking. We use Jira of agile software development, Kanban team work and task ticketing to content teams. Our entire organization is in Jira so we have a source of truth for project progress, eta, issue tracking and communication. Before Jira a lot loved in email but as our startup grew we needed a more open forum so history of work want lost. We can answer with a quick search how recent a change was or if a bug was reported. It helps personally with productivity keeping a clear what’s next task list. It is easy to use so even the extremely tech adverse have no problem working in basic ticket types.

JIRA review by Danielle L.
Danielle L.

"JIRA - Helping Us Do Our Jobs With Less Hassle"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is JIRA's flexible project management. It gives every member on a team the whole picture of the process they're involved in, and lets no issue go unnoticed. Team members even get immediate notifications on matters that they are interested in, and they are able to respond, share, and attach documents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike JIRA's semi-complex interface. I think it is very easy to use once you understand all its functionalities, but it may take time to feel familiar with the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try JIRA if you're looking for a customizable platform that will help you easily manage your team. It also works great on mobile for when you're on the go!

I use JIRA to as a project management platform to help my team set priorities to our work. It allows me to see the entire process of a project so I can make sure all parts are complete. This product lets me get my work done efficiently and effectively.

JIRA review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Very detailed project management tool, but equally complicated"

What do you like best?

Issue cards have plenty of fields to give all details of problem. Images upload easily and consistently well. Each screen has customisable fields that means you can tailor it to your use. Backlog management is better than products like twillio . New redesign is much better look and feel, but is quite significant so takes some relearning. Good outside integrations like the one we are using with intercom which allows operations staff to create issues straight from intercom. Cheap product when less than 10 users but gets very expensive after that.

What do you dislike?

Workflow manager is very complicated and takes a long time to get setup. Easy for users to get confused between projects when creating new issues. Default screen setups have too much detail and they should provide more example setups so you do not need to customise as much. Much more complicated than products like twilio or github issues for operations staff to create issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set it up properly and devote enough time to doing that. Also will need to train staff on how to use it as it is fairly complicated

Tracking tool for technical bugs. Kan ban board for tracking features through the product pipeline

JIRA review by Don D.
Don D.

"JIRA opens up our communication to our clients"

What do you like best?

The ticketing system allows us to add priorities to issues. Since our projects span several months, it is helpful to know which issues can block a project, and which ones we can hold off on until we have the resources. We can also esulate issues based on if they are a bug, or just an enhancement.

What do you dislike?

The search engine could use a little help. You can do advanced searches, but they are not easy or intuitive for some staff members. If you are not trained on how to set up the filters, this can be very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is solid and rarely are there issues. Be aware that non-technical users may need a little more training for certain parts and even for setup. Allowing your users to create their own space is very helpful as they can track issues they are assigned, watch issues they are interested in (even if they are not assigned) and set up custom filters on their login page.

We have a very close-nit customer base who rely on us for a lot of help. JIRA allows us to share with them while also keeping important things internal. We are able to set up a ticketing or service tracking system at a lower cost with reports that allow us to get an overview of all the services we offer.

Being able to leave comments and documentation, like word documents or screenshots, is very helpful when trying to work with a client in a different region.

JIRA review by ren y.
ren y.

"My review of JIRA"

What do you like best?

As a end user for JIRA for 5 years, I am very exciting to use it in every work day. Its concise UI and useful functionalities make me feel good. Especially, the report of JIRA, by means of report functionality, I can quickly filtered out whatever data I need. And generate intuitional charts base on the filtered data or export the data into excel, pdf and etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the text format in comment box. I have to check the strange symbols when I need to format my text. I think the text format should be designed a rich text editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA can help your team to plan, track, and manage your agile and software development projects. Customize your workflow, collaborate, and release great software in a very convenient way. If you are working in a big team such as 50+ persons. Please consider using JIRA in your team. Its powerful customized functions will adapt your team. Besides, it can seamless integrate with other systems, like Salesforce, ServiceNow and etc. After integrate with other systems, you can handle the tickets with other teams and communicate with others conveniently.

Another side, JIRA has very powerful customized report. You can query and export various data from JIRA. There are lots of charts in it. You'll feel it's useful if you tried it.

I am using JIRA to tracking bugs, agile dev. In JIRA, we don't need to write other docs. JIRA recorded everything there.

JIRA review by Cristian B.
Cristian B.

"One of the best bug tracking software out there "

What do you like best?

Until Jira we have used several other tools for bug tracking. None of them helped our software development projects as much as Jira is doing. I like Jira for:

- easy to use bug tracking features

- collaborative features which makes it the go to place for managing the issues in the project

- the support for Agile SCRUM or Agile Kanban software development methodologies: dashboards, tools for a better effort estimation

- filtering mechanism with subscription ability, which delivers the search results in your email on a customizable scheduler basis

- great integration with other Atlassian tools for source code versioning(Bitbucket), continuous integration and continuous delivery(Bamboo) and for documentation&team collaboration(Confluence)

- integration with hundreds of other tools that you may already use

- thousands of plugins/addons

- extensive configuration options to adapt Jira to your needs

- ability to write your own addons

What do you dislike?

One of the pain points I had was to learn how to configure Jira for our needs and then adapt it for any new requirement or new kind of project we wanted to track. Even if setup is one time job, many times I found myself spending more time for small changes.

I had also some difficulty convincing top management to buy the upgrades for more users, since it became very popular in the company and other departments(other than software development) started to use it. The price for more users tends to go up fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As we found out in the last few years, switching to Jira for bug tracking and for SCRUM/Kanban support improved our project plans, teams' productivity, increased the collaboration inside the project teams and created better teams.

I can't recommend Jira enough for its purpose.

We use Jira for bugtracking, Agile SCRUM and Kanban development support. We realized soon that switching to Agile with Jira was a winning combination by getting a greatly increased productivity, together with having more homogeneous teams and same mindset across team members.

JIRA review by Danny (Danny Blaq) T.
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

"Great for managing tech projects"

What do you like best?

It's great for managing your projects by creating epics, stories, tasks, bugs, etc. It allows you to track your projects along with complexities amongst team members. It allows you to project time spent over all on a story via tasks

What do you dislike?

Some of the time tracking features can get a little bit cumbersome, also the learning curve can be a little bit steep and more so if you are coming from a different platform like Rally

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid platform especially if you are using other products such as Hip Chat, Bitbucket, Confluence. It allows you to track project on a granular level including from defects, bugs, epics, stories, tasks, etc.

Cross team project management with various pipelines. It is great for managing and communicating across various teams. It gives an holistic overview of what projects are going and who is working on what and where things are in the current pipeline.

JIRA review by Amit B.
Amit B.

"Project and Defect Tracking tool Jira "

What do you like best?

Jira is very useful tool you can say when its comes to project management and defect tracking.It is having a good interface with everything is in organised manner.Here you can easily Track the work by creating user stories and assigning to respective person. while creating user stories also you can estimate the time also for that work and if the user story is very big then you can divide it also by task and sub task.It is having defect tracking feature also you can link any defect which came is middle of work and track its progress also.You can use it as a release management tool also and it is very flexible and most of the feature you can customize if you are using it as admin user.It creates Burn Down chart,Sprint Report and velocity chat at the end of every sprint its easy to track how work going on. It is having a large community user and third party vendor those are always ready to help.

What do you dislike?

Auto triggering of mail of each and every activities to you office mail id i fell its not required.Auto log out from the browser after certain period of time.as lot of functionalities are there so take some time to use it properly.Generated report you can't customize.They have to work more for providing proper support in less time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can working in Agile project or want proper management then you can obviously go with Jira. It helps to be on track always and complete the work within timeline and helps in proper resource management also.

As we are working in Agile project Jira is most important tool for us.we use jira to tracking all development task ,creating our backlogs ,storing pointing this,estimation of user stories and assigning to the respective people.Along with that at end of every spring checking burn down chat and Team Velocity.

JIRA review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"Feature rich - lack of user level API "

What do you like best?

There a lot of ready dashboards, template queries for various charts

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit overwhelming to navigate. Some feature is a bit hard to use for a simple function. Example, in the wiki, if I need to add a picture, I need to pick and resize, else it shows up at whatever the size of the original picture. Should make it simple to have the user to select "thumbnail", "wall", etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jira should think about having a simple interface to create API for the users to integrate into into their tools. Today it would require administrator level to create API for the entire system level. In a big company, this is not feasible. In a big company, each group is so small so that they would need to open the tickets to ask for for adding API and that would take weeks. There must be a simpler way for user-level API that only impacts at the project level, etc. Example, my team is using slack and I would like to have Jira to notify my team slack channel on the Jira tickets. This is not possible today, without asking the admin to add the webhook to the Jira system.

backlog grooming

JIRA review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"Lots of features leaving some things to be desired for QA"

What do you like best?

I like how much I can do in Jira–track hour allocations, projects, sprints, epics and all less pieces of work, as well as hours, history of work done and much more. I like the easy of working through a filtered list of tickets as my to-do task for the day or week. I like the easy of use of the timesheet feature for tracking my daily hours on various projects.

What do you dislike?

When reporting defects in comments, I don't like the formatting options, and often open a Google doc where it's so much easier to format and add screen shots. I don't like that editing is sometimes within the ticket and sometimes it's a modal where formatting options are different. Working in multiple projects at once, I don't like how hard it can be to find the last ticket I left a comment on and assigned to someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it if you need an abundance of features for multiple projects and lots of tracking. I recommend if it you are willing to invest time in learning a complex product. Other products like Trello are far easier, and are a better choice if they are enough for you, but they don't do nearly as much.

It solves the need to assign work to QA, report defects with screens shots, assign to a dev and set a status according to our workflow. It solves the need for me to see what's on my plate currently and what might be coming my way. I solves the need to report on tickets by state and user.

JIRA review by Shimon S.
Shimon S.

"Using Jira for the last 6 years "

What do you like best?

Jira is Awesome!

As like any Atlassian tool - The UX is simple, the user experience is great. The collaboration between users (such as QA, Developers, CSM, Team Leads etc.) is amazing (via the commenting, tracking, mentioning). In addition, the notifications mechanism is great as well (both notification panel and the email alerts).

Sprint planning is great as well.

R&D works much better with that tool.

In addition, the community is huge, with enormous data over the web. Lots of external useful module that can be added to Jira.

What do you dislike?

I would improve some project management missing features. For example - better Burndown chart for management.

I would add additional modules for SAFE (such as the SAFE board) for scaled agile companies (for program increments, and program management roles).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate - choose JIRA.

Collaboration between QA, R&D, CS etc. Managing the entire R&D cycle and sprints via JIRA.

This is 1 single platform for the entire company.

JIRA review by Robin L.
Robin L.

"Decent Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

I like the way Jira displays projects on Boards. It's easy to see who is assigned to what and what phase of the project the specific task is in.

What do you dislike?

I'm just a user, not an administrator, so I'm not sure how much of my issues are the way we have it set up or the product itself. The main thing I dislike about Jira is that we also use it for tracking time spent per person per project and our timesheets are generated out of that data. Accessing the reports screen is a bit of a hassle. Another issue we have is that the Board gets really crowded quickly and then you aren't looking at a snapshot anymore, but having to scroll around. etc. We only have maybe 14 people on our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only recommendation would be to be very thoughtful about set-up and minimize the number of clicks for users. I'm specifically thinking about popping into reports.

It's an economical project management and timesheet tool for our company.

JIRA review by Sarah T.
Sarah T.

"A Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Jira provides one of the best suites of project management tools available. It's incredibly easy to manage both large and small teams for a variety of project types!

- System is intuitive and easy to use

- Jira has every feature I could possibly want, and more

- It's easy to create sprint / agile boards

- Integration works incredibly well with other programs -- my coworkers can update their tasks from slack, even.

- It's vastly reduced the amount of time I have to spend on sprint planning

- The design is simply beautiful after their latest update

- Security seems to be quite good!

What do you dislike?

- It still takes considerable effort to create/input all of the data, however there's not much that can be done to solve this issue.

- It's very daunting when you first give it a try, although I don't know if they've updated their beginner tutorial since I last did it a year or two ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try! Out of all of the (many) project management tools I have used, Jira is the absolute best.

Don't be afraid to make test projects while learning the ropes! You can always delete them later.

I use Jira to help manage the staff at our office, and several of our big projects.

JIRA review by Frederic H.
Frederic H.

"Very good to have that system which will help you to control your work."

What do you like best?

Everything about our tasks. I'm trying to make a good a plan and spread tasks to my team. We are can control all our tracking system. Good and clear work of my working team.

What do you dislike?

I like to use that software. With every day my work much easy. Very easy to use that platform. I don't have any bad issues with that software. Good and fast support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In this Platform, you will have a chance to have control of all your work. Ability to work automatically, all your task will be in the good situation. Good that you can be more cooperative with each other. Very good support.

Good work on my teamwork. I can make my reports in the best way and fast. We are make more quality work. We are having a good choice of working tools. Which helps to us works more open on our projects.

JIRA review by Steffany W.
Steffany W.

"Can appear intimidating to some but very easy to use & organize and track development tasks"

What do you like best?

Easy to: create tickets, comment and tag others to be notified, track history of the ticket including edits and comments, add assets for referencing (such as screenshots or spreadsheets), and organize tasks based on development/business value to prioritize major tasks vs minor tasks.

What do you dislike?

It can feel overwhelming to use when you first get started with it. You'll have to set up a few custom fields to make it easier to organize, but once the major components are set up, it is a very simple and smooth ride.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA also comes with Confluence which is a great resource to document processes, create wiki pages, document major releases, collaborate with other teams on upcoming projects, and more. JIRA is create for the execution of the tasks, and that in conjunction with Confluence makes this a solid win for our team.

We have a lot of development tasks that get handed over to the Web Development team. Support submits website issues, Marketing submits website requests or integration issues, Management submits 'desired' website tasks, and Development divides tickets based on where the issue lies. JIRA helps us streamline the development process and allow tasks to be handled more efficiently.

JIRA review by Justin D.
Justin D.

"Powerful and Highly Configurable Software for Development and Issue Tracking"

What do you like best?

Jira provides an out-of-the box solution for reporting, tracking, and resolving issues, as well as software development. I appreciate its strong integration between Service Desk (for reporting and communicating on issues), JIRA (for tracking progress through issues), and Bitbucket (for linking issues directly to source code).

What do you dislike?

JIRA is highly flexible and can be difficult to customize. Projects may use a variety of issue types, derived from issue schemes. Each issue may use a different workflow, derived from workflow schemes. Every issue has different fields, many of which may be customized. Every issue exists in a state, and move from state to state through transitions. Transitions can have any number of rules and produce a huge variety of behavior.

Managing JIRA should be treated like a software design project of its own. Changes to the configuration can have undesirable consequences that take considerable work to backtrack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to understand the relationship between the different aspects of JIRA. This includes: Projects, Issues, Issue Types, Issue Schemes, Workflows, Workflow Schemes, Fields, States, Transitions, Resolutions, Boards, and More.

And remember, JIRA can do far more than Agile. Take advantage of it!

We use JIRA for bug tracking, but also use it extensively for software design and development.

JIRA review by Aniceto G.
Aniceto G.

"Powerful and easy ticket management system"

What do you like best?

It's powerful yet versatile. We're managing service desk, projects and even using it a colaboration tool for administrative business areas that have nothing to do with IT processes...

What do you dislike?

Some bugs take quite a long time to be fixed. Even though support team is excelent, I'm still specting some very old bugs to be fixed on a next product release

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't reinvent the weel. Marketplace has plenty of plug-ins, workflows and other valuable stuff to fill your needs. Some of them are paid, but chances are you'll probably find a free add on that suits you.

Service desk management, project management, ITIL processes managent (problems, changes...), administrative tasks...

As I said, very versatile. Even some departments are using it to keep trak of meetings, agreements and pending department's tasks.

JIRA review by Corey H.
Corey H.

"JIRA is Just Alright with Me"

What do you like best?

I like that you can set up just about any custom functions/labels that you need for any given work flow. It really helps communicate project process between multiple departments.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely hate the UI of JIRA. They desperately need an UX Designer to comet through and clean up shop. It is not user friendly in the slightest. It has far more capabilities that other programs in it's field, but those other programs are far easier to use and have more of a natural layout. Wrike is headed in the right direction in this fashion - but Wrike is not as versatile as JIRA. Maybe the 2 should consider a merger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need heavy IT support for working through customization. It is not a super user friendly software in it's RAW nature.

Communicating project process across multiple departments - from design to development.

JIRA review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Best Project Management Software with great integrations"

What do you like best?

- Lots of integrations with development tools. Some of them are Bitbucket(PR and commit references), Hipchat(Stride), Fabric(Crashlytics), HockeyApp and many more.

- Easy to remember ticket id eg. ABC-123, ABC-123

- Very customizable dashboard, filters and queries.

- Shortcuts is a big plus!

- Its really cheap if your team is equal or less than 10.

- Very flexible, suitable for all team: software development, marketing, designers, support, etc.

What do you dislike?

- We have the on-demand service, the response time and loading speed sometimes can be laggy or slow.

- little bit expensive for small team (11~20)

- the email notifications isn't customizable

- sadly no mobile client yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all the Atlasssian software stack you can if possible, such as Bitbucket and Stride for better integration. Haven't used Bamboo yet, but we are planning to.

It's expensive, but worth it.

Our team work remotely all the time, Jira helps us to keep documented and track on our daily work. Every version release is archived with the respective tickets. Very helpful when running a git blame and bug tracking.

JIRA review by Sabrina C.
Sabrina C.

"Create new products with Jira"

What do you like best?

Cooperation is very easy. Integration with your bug tracking means you can clearly manage bugs and product improvements for one type of software in one location.

Collecting and tracking all historic data concerning an issue, in this way you can perfectly track the history and what was said or not said. The ability to tag any one of your users in Salesforce style. I also love the active engagement that the system creates from conception to delivery: everybody is envolved.

What do you dislike?

Permissions are not simple to manage: very often it will happen that a certain user lacks the permission to start or stop a sprint or to move certain issues. In our model of cooperation it does happen that the roles are not that limited and that there is maybe not that clear a distinction between business and IT, with profiles mediating between the two, to that end we need greater flexibility on the permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect Jira to your bug incidents as well.

Our company has recently switched to agile development, to that end, having Jira is excellent, it allows us to manage our different agile squads, cooperate and keep track of our velocity.

We work with several on-premise developers but also with external developers that are not always on-premise. Jira enables us to work seamlessly together.

JIRA review by Russell P.
Russell P.

"Great tools for managing everything."

What do you like best?

Great that I can create custom tasks. I always make a plan and distribute tasks to my working team.Very clear way to track prioritize and consider the work of my team.

What do you dislike?

I'm not complaining about it. As for me to work with Jira is great and so useful. But for some workers was a little bit heavy to understand. I like to use it and I don't have the plan to stop do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great control just in one click. Ability to change the status of work. To update the task will be automatically. Cooperate in real time so that the all my team is informed of what is the case.

The good step in creates reports. By this, I increase the performance of my team. We are not afraid to work on the new project as we know that we have all tools for it.

JIRA review by Brad L.
Brad L.

"Capturing the process one task at a time"

What do you like best?

The task management feature is great. Either individually or as a group, all views are helpful. Track by the hour or the minute, you can track your time and account for the day in one place. managing others and watching the bottom line is really at-a-glance.

What do you dislike?

not intuitive; no obvious contextual help;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it integrates completely with your accounting software; ours has required significant upgrades and improvements to make it. Make sure and test the integration before you rely on it. Our initial use as a time tracker ended with a few over-runs - our unfamiliarity, not a JIRA issue.

Project management: tracking sprints, sprint content, milestones and other goals are easily reached. Task management: quick assignment of tasks, duties, roles. Payroll validation: with a bit of customization, project time tracking and "burn" are more easily tracked.

JIRA review by Carlisle S.
Carlisle S.

"JIra is the most helpful tool for keeping myself and the product team at my company organized"

What do you like best?

I use Jira on a daily basis -- and I have to admit that before I began using it (even though I was previously at an Agile company), I was wary. However, Atlassian's updated design suite and careful planning around all the ins and outs of Jira make it one of the easiest to use tools on the software dev market. I am able to track my tasks, assign people to get opinions and help, and get a quick snapshot of what I need to do on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

It is an innately complicated tool so Jira does take a bit of onboarding to help familiarize new users. However, once you get started, it is really easy to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much better than other software dev tools on the market!

My product team uses Jira to solve a number of problems -- namely keeping everyone on the same page about what is in priority, what things are being saved for later, and who is working to complete what task.

JIRA review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Confluence is ideal to view projects at a high level"

What do you like best?

Confluence is really easy to use. You can build pages with widgets even if you don't know how to code anything. Their user interface is simple to use, and you can create an entire website (for internal use) of organized pages. Confluence also integrates with Jira, so if you use Jira, you can pull in elements that are important to specific projects and see their status. Multiple people can contribute to create basic web pages.

What do you dislike?

Because Confluence is simple to use, its features are fairly basic. You won't get anything robust, and if you aren't familiar with a WYSIWYG editor, there could be a small learning curve to get it setup. It helps to think about how you would organize content before you get started, otherwise you'll have lots of pages floating out there that aren't connected in any way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're building out an internal space for document sharing and/or other internal organizational projects, think about it like a website. Map out the way you would navigate through a site looking for something, even with a typical hierarchy of folders and sub pages. Build out the Confluence space just like that, and it'll be easier to find what you're looking for without searching.

Confluence helps keeps our internal processes organized. That can include best practices, defined roles, etc. We've also used it in conjunction with Jira to create a high level status page that pulls in Jira tickets (in epics) so we can quickly see how certain projects are progressing, or if anything is in danger of not meeting a deadline.

JIRA review by Caleb A.
Caleb A.

"Extremely featured and integrated task manager"

What do you like best?

Due to the sheer amount of functionality, it's unlikely that Jira won't be able to do what you want it to. On our team, we heavily use the BitBucket integration, for example, to link together our commits with specific issues, making it easy to track work as well as what features were most bug-ridden.

What do you dislike?

Because there's so much functionality, Jira can be overwhelming. Many teams only need task management, not an entire fully integrated platform. Because of this, Jira also runs a bit slow sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need everything Jira has to offer, choose a lighter platform. While Jira can do it all, it doesn't mean you need to invest the time to learning something when it won't provide any benefit.

As a user of Trello (which is also owned by Atlassian), I can highly recommend it over Jira for teams that don't need heavy integration with lots of features. It's extremely easy to use, quick, and friendly to non-devs for things like bug reporting.

We primarily use Jira for task management and organizing our epics and sprints. We're a small team (only 3 developers currently), so while it can be overkill, it also helps us keep track of all the projects we have in our backlog. We're pulled in a lot of different directions on a day-to-day basis, and Jira helps us pick up where we left off easily when it's time to return to task.

JIRA review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"JIRA A Necessary Tool for Large Businesses But Needs Work"

What do you like best?

Jira is good for creating transparency in work progression, keep a log of outstanding issues, and a way to prioritize workflows. It's extremely powerful and has nearly endless features.

What do you dislike?

Despite being so powerful, the whole product is quite confusing and overwhelming. It can easily break the flow of work and lead to teams chasing jira results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA is a necessary evil. It's very comprehensive in its features and has all the tools necessary for any tech team big or small. The tool is not very intuitive and it's difficult to integrate with your current workflow. Until a new project management tool that is easier comes out, JIRA is the solution we have to deal with.

We are trying to keep track of team and individual progress, as well as manage sprints, and making sure everyone knows what they're doing

JIRA review by Carlos G. V.
Carlos G. V.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

it is very user-friendly and it has decent reporting.

As far as managing issues, I personally enjoyed the ability to attach screenshots very easily.

What do you dislike?

Reporting can be better. For example, customized reports are not very flexible.

In my experience, JIRA has been more effective for startups and medium-sized companies. But I dont think it might work well for large companies.

Also, fields are not dynamic. Once we choose a field, only the related values are showed instead of irrelevant values

I would like the tool to have a gantt chart

Our company is switching gears from a hybrid waterfall process to a more agile methodology and JIRA has been helping us with this change.

JIRA review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"A great product if often complicated product"

What do you like best?

Jira does literally everything you can reasonably require of an issue and project tracker and allows a high level of configuration.

The various integrations mean that even if it isn't suitable out of the box there is likely something out there that will plugin and solve your needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface is complicated and often can be overwhelming to users. In most organisations I've worked for it has required a 'super user' and standards users often struggle to work out how to do things without further assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't give up if at first you are struggling with it. There is substantial resource available online; often googling the issue will provide a suitable solution.

Issue tracking and project management; we are able to do both across all of our projects seamlessly and it does so more than adequately.

JIRA review by Rob H.
Rob H.

"Jira, Jira no time is a good time"

What do you like best?

In the world of product development, there is virtually no one (with more than one year of experience) that is not familiar with Jira.

What do you dislike?

It a world of data visualization tools, Jira is literally a world behind. There is a lot of great data contained within Jira, it is not always very easy to surface it. It is particularly bad as an executive-level tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jira is one of those software tools that everyone has complaints about but that few can point to a better way to accomplish their stated goals. Those who become proficient at its uses can maximize the value of the software.

Jira does provide a central depository of information, work history, and task management items that the entire dev team has access to. This makes communication within the dev team a bit easier.

JIRA review by Phil A.
Phil A.

"Indispensable tool"

What do you like best?

JIRA is hands-down the best way to organize work in an agile or kanban setting. The thing I like the most is the flexibility. I've always used the self-hosted version which gives you more flexibility. You can shape and mold it to fit your business needs and workflows via it's inherent customizability, the plug in system or with groovy scripts.

What do you dislike?

I do wish more than just issues were query-able. For instance, it would be great to query for releases, components or people which meet certain criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try cloud first but if you anticipate needing to customize things a lot to fit your business needs and workflows, definitely think about self hosting.

We do all of our project management in JIRA. We've added the JIRA Portfolio product as well to get high level roadmap visibility and management.

JIRA review by Beth H.
Beth H.

"Great tool for bug reporting and agile task management"

What do you like best?

As a software tester, Jira is so straightforward to use. I'm particularly a fan of Jira Query Language (JQL) which allows you to quickly search for existing tickets across all, or a particular, project without having to use an 'advanced search' page which can be limiting. I've found that the ability to export lists of tickets into CSV format so I can analyze them further has also been greatly helpful.

What do you dislike?

At times, figuring out how to view the specifics of projects can be tricky - particularly if you don't have admin visibility.

We use Jira to collaborate as a project team, organize tickets, report and track bugs, and (to a lesser extent) communicate with the customer during the UAT stage.

JIRA review by James W.
James W.

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Jira is nice because it allows for you to keep track of projects that are being completed and to assign subtasks to different people to ensure that the project gets done in an efficient and timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The notification system could be better. It would be nice to get a notification by the software instead of waiting for an email

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid choice for project management and features all the necessary requirements of a project management tool

Time and project management are the greatest benefits of Jira. It allows for you to breakdown projects in a way that allows for everyone to see what has to get done and also allows for everyone to be held accountable of the work that they need to do.

JIRA review by Benoy M.
Benoy M.

"Great tool for managing my projects"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up different kinds of tickets from bugs to entire epics. Lately the company has been pushing out more frequent updates which is a good change from only a few months ago. I'm glad that they're taking the initiative to make the product better.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of their documentation. There have been several times where I've been looking for a particular feature or how to implement a certain kind of ticket with specific restrictions and had a hard time finding information on it. The most recent issue I remember having is a hard time editing a previously created page. There were some updates to the UI for pages but I was unable to find a way to edit a table on my page.

We are managing multiple teams each having multiple epics with a large assortment of tickets.

JIRA review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Jira Review"

What do you like best?

It's very easy for a beginner to quickly learn the basics of Jira. The visual drag and drop features make it easier to use than other project management software I've used in the past. The plethora of plugins greatly expand Jira's abilities. If Jira doesn't do something you need it to, just browse the store and you'll probably find a plugin to fill your needs.

What do you dislike?

The backlog can be quite confusing. Difficult to easily nest tasks under user stories. A lot of the features aren't very intuitive, such as the ability to create filters -- it's hidden away in various menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just using Jira by itself, it'll do the trick, but it's extremely bare bones. Utilize the marketplace to find good plugins.

We use Jira as our project management platform.

JIRA review by Joao A.
Joao A.

"Excellent tool for project management"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get your cards that you have to development in the current sprint and to track your cards until it goes to production. Jira have a good UI

What do you dislike?

Sometime with the new version it can be a little confusing, because some thing changed place, but after some time this is not very important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With JIRA it easy to track all your cards and this is a excellent tool for that. Just make sure that when you are configuring you JIRA you set it correct because you have a lot of configurations to set up.

With Jira we are solving our project management and having all cards by sprint until they go to production. We also have the bug tracking when some cards have bugs ou the system contains bugs.

JIRA review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"An excellent tool for a development company"

What do you like best?

Jira is a very flexible and easy to use tool for bug tracking, product management or sprint management.

Many useful plugins and integrations are available such as links to intercom, asana and plugins for test plans etc.

We use the Cloud option rather than installing and running ourselves. Its an excellent product and always available.

What do you dislike?

Integrations with some plugins is not as seemless as it could be (we use Zephyr).

Have had one or 2 issue with billing but nothing bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent product. I recommend taking advantage of the cloud version as it is stable and excellent value.

We use JIRA for our sprint planning and management, bug tracking and test plans via a plugin for Zephyr. The product is very flexible and allows us to simply and easily set up workflows and processes that streamline our development and support processes.

JIRA review by Valeri K.
Valeri K.

"Has some advantages, but overall soul-crushingly bad"

What do you like best?

Unique readable identifiers for issues based on projects. If you have a project called "TEST" and somebody reports the 123rd issue on that project, the issue will have the id "TEST-123". You can put that id into a URL and get to that issue. You'd be surprised how few other task managers support this neat behavior. Makes it very easy to, say, reference JIRA issues in GitHub commits.

What do you dislike?

Clunky bloated UI and painful management. Atlassian is very good at selling product, but that means JIRA has everything and the kitchen sink baked into one UI with very little rhyme or reason. I'd imagine their sales team is good at getting people on-board by promising to add special one-off features for each customer.

Managing a JIRA deployment is also a nightmare. Weird limitations around number of users, managing gross legacy SQL databases, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a programmer, save yourself the trouble and just use GitHub issues. If you're a product manager, Trello is better, as is Asana. Task management is a very crowded space with a lot of interchangeable alternatives, so why take the most expensive one?

There's very little benefit to using JIRA over GitHub issues, Trello, etc. It's cumbersome to manage and has a bloated UI. The big advantage is if you have someone on your team who's a JIRA power user, but if you're just getting started I wouldn't recommend JIRA.

JIRA review by Ana S.
Ana S.

"The best project management tool - a bit hard to understand at first"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the way you can determine who is in charge of what and at what point in time.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to figure out how to input complex operations/processes that your company may not have had clear before trying to implement JIRA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small company looking into saving money and implementing JIRA, I would recommend hiring an intern/employee with project management skills and making them understand all of the processes of the department first. When all of that is laid out, with clear details of who does what and what are the tasks, then make them understand JIRA. Study JIRA, play with it and create the boards/projects/workflows with the help of the manager/person in charge of that department.

Like I said, who and when is in charge of what makes everything within and among departments that work together so much easier! We've realized we do have to take a 1.5-3 hour meeting every 2 weeks to review all the tasks and make sure it's all being done in time.

JIRA review by Kostas K.
Kostas K.

"The ultimate tool for project management"

What do you like best?

There is a little variety of tools that can literally do (almost) everything. Jira is one of them. The unlimited options for customization and integration with other, third-party or Atlassian, tools provide the best solution for either waterfall or agile project or product management. Jira is a great option to have centralized and easily accessible all the necessary tools needed to properly manage your project.

What do you dislike?

One of Jira's great benefits - customization - is also one of the biggest disadvantages since, In order to set up everything the team needs for the project, can take a lot of time and, in many cases, requires a dedicated Jira administrator to support with the setup and operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that will support your team's effort towards delivering great value, then Jira is your way to go.

Currently, we are using Jira as a Scrum backlog and issue tracking project management tool. We use it also to track tests and update code commits related to the user stories. In the past, I have used Jira as a classic customer support tool, used to track defects as reported by the customer.

Jira is a tool that, if used properly and on the same level for all team members, can boost productivity and help the team keep track of the work to be done.

JIRA review by Craig P.
Craig P.

"Jira worth the effor"

What do you like best?

Jira is flexible, while there are established workflows, they can be altered. I also like the integration between the related products, we use Bit Bucket and confluence so connecting them was painless and provides a more unified view of projects and tasks.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a little step for some people, creating filters and build dashboards is not necessary obvious. Reading and watching tutorials is worth while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chart out as a team how you want Jira to help, and have a good understanding of your processes.

We have a widely distributed Development team, we needed a way to keep track of projects, and tasks across many time zones. Jira has given us the tools to work this way. We have much better communication across the entire group.

JIRA review by Matthew P R.
Matthew P R.

"Great tracking/ticketing tool"

What do you like best?

The quickness to understand it for new hires. It isn't the prettiest site, but the usage is mostly intuitive, and with the number of clients Atlassian has, we often find new hires with experience in JIRA.

What do you dislike?

It could always look better. That's seemingly a petty "dislike", as the site is easy to use, and we are a high-level user as a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There aren't really alternatives for us in the ticketing field, without looking at entire systems. We use other software for project management and documentation.

We use it almost exclusively as a ticketing system, and have designated a couple folks internally to act as "JIRA SME", so we can hand to them what we need from the system. It is working well this way.

JIRA review by Administrator

"Solid Platform Overall"

What do you like best?

What Jira does well it does very well. Jira is stellar at being able to track and find tickets and work. It plugs very nicely into any product development method, with a focus on Agile teams. Tracking effort, making dashboards, very powerful searching (JQL is great), tagging metadata, creating (some) reports - this is where Jira shines. I've yet to see a better platform for bucketing and tracking work in software. The integrations are stellar (GitHub, especially).

What do you dislike?

Where Jira does not shine is the endless configuration options, their new design rollout, and the depth of some reports.

Atlassian recently rolled out a new UI for Jira, which broke many core features, including Epics, viewing most fields on tickets, github integration, zendesk integration etc. It's been like that for months. Thankfully, you can opt out of the new UI.

The depth of the configuration is a problem - the number of screens, screen schemes, workflows, workflow schemas etc. are exhausting, confusing etc. This manifests in problems like: It's very difficult to keep multiple boards running which traverse across multiple projects without breaking views.

It's also frustrating to come across extremely valuable reports like the Velocity Report, but the report is arbitrarily truncated to only the last seven sprints.

When we made the transition, Jira helped us collaborate and track work much more effectively. Jira's collaboration around tickets, the ability to visualize those in reports, backlogs, boards etc. are solid methods for driving effective product development.

JIRA review by Mohit C.
Mohit C.

"Trusted project management and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

JIRA is ideal for teams which are working on different geographical locations(We have IOS and Android apps for easy connectivity). It also works well for teams which are working on complex projects which requires a strong streak of communication within teams. It comes with easy deployment options as well. Easy monitoring of project velocity through user points.

What do you dislike?

There are many management tools open sourced out there. But JIRA is commercialized. Also while commenting on some user story or bugs the formatting toolbar is not very user friendly. it takes up lot of time to properly format your responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have large number of people working at distributed places in your teams, use this tool. A small communication gap can create much chaos.

As It makes the whole process transparent to everyone, Everyone can see any potential delays within the project. Our managers are using it to monitor the issues and we are using it as an everyday tool to keep everyone informed about the work we did and whether or not we require any support. It comes handy in proper communication as our teams are working in complete different timezones. Also comes to rescue when an individual is having issues, they can post their issues documents in attachments which helps a lot to developers to understand

JIRA review by Carlos P.
Carlos P.

"Absolutely the best tool for software projects"

What do you like best?

It's a very versatile tool because you can configure it to adapt to the company process.

You have in the same place and linked in between, the business cases, functionalities, requirements, test cases and bugs.

Everything can be categorized and classified.

It can be adapted to an Agile structure.

Manage perfectly multiple projects and multiple users

Allows you to measure the time spent on task, story or epic

High-quality reports with charts

Obviously, you can be linked it with Confluence.

Your client can follow the process of the project with a restricted access

What do you dislike?

If Jira is not well configured it can be really a mess, the configuration is complicated and sometimes the companies are not prepared to configure it by themselves.

It's expensive and small companies don't want to afford it.

The big amounts of emails that I receive daily about changes in different stories that I'm involved in some way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows the control of the project status at different levels, each user can see the project status according to his privileges.

This tool control each different need you can have in your projects

The bugs tracking.

The control of the project status at different levels, I mean, each user can see the project status according to his privileges

Allows a strong release version control and makes it easy the release notes creation.

JIRA review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"JIRA is great for Software Development teams"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and to manage. It can grow with your team very easily. It can be extendible with plugins and add-ons and offers a lot of flexibility to adapt to your process.

What do you dislike?

I have seen a degraded performance recently. Also, the new UI is not yet polished, it can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA is a great tool for managing work. I personally think that we have improved our internal processes just by using the tool. It's great JIRA offer some predetermined configuration for the most common projects but also offers flexibility to adapt to our unique flavor.

Managing the work for different projects in a marketing agency. We use JIRA for software development and project management of other kind of projects.

JIRA review by TINCY G.
TINCY G.

"The best Time Management tool -JIRA"

What do you like best?

Jira has been an effective solution for a daily issue and time tracking. It's a highly efficient tool for tracking the work done by the team.

It requires no effort in planning the tasks but provides an easy feature like the addition of tasks, effort logging, easy monitoring of whom the task is worked upon by.

Another best thing is the burndown chart which makes it even better to know the work progress.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about JIRA. It's been a good experience using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! JIRA definitely Saves a lot of effort.

We had a requirement of an efficient yet an easy to use a tool in order to track the work done by the team.

So in an agile team, it is always important to track things as the tasks are to be completed in a sprint which spans to 2 weeks.

JIRA has been a savior on that front. The features from adding team wise stories to individual tracking are a must mention.

JIRA review by User

"I discovered JIRA recently and it's great"

What do you like best?

Previously I worked in a stratup where we needed to create tickets since the communication part between the customer service and repair departments was not very fluid. We had many problems and we had not found the right tool.

I changed my company, and they showed me JIRA and I think it's one of the best ticket management tools out there.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is that there is no free version (even with fewer features).

Sometimes it is very complicated to find according to what functionalities.

Above all, the communication between departments is great.

Sometimes, from other departments they ask us for some things, and for time we can not do them instantly and finally we end up forgetting.

With JIRA, you can tell that person to believe you one, assign it to you and when you can see it, I'm sure you do not forget it because it stays in the BOARD.

JIRA review by Administrator

"Jira has a lot of options for various team types as long as you can find them"

What do you like best?

Workflows are very customizable so you can have several projects doing very specific things for tasks so that all teams can work the way they want. The safeguards in place to protect a sprint can get annoying at first, but as we go into development, we see the value of them more clearly so we can have our teams stay on track with their tasks.

What do you dislike?

Feature improvements, even if there are a high number of votes aren't considered. Other issues with less votes make it in, so there isn't any consistency on how things are chosen to be worked on. It would be better if there was a clearer way to know how suggestions turn into actually features in the product. I've stopped suggesting things as I seen issues parked for many years with no comments from the admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you play around with the demo and try it out on your team for a sprint or two. Also reminder that you can customize it quite a bit. It does take some time to understand how to customize the system to your specific needs.

Main purpose is to keep our projects running on time and making sure the work completed is accurate. Keeping all the information in the tickets and updating as we go along has kept everyone involved up-to-date. Estimating and tracking hours have helped us better plan for future work.

JIRA review by Alicia C.
Alicia C.

"Great for managing releases with multiple sprints"

What do you like best?

It is easy to tag others, notifications are emailed. It is an easy way to manage multiple tasks from multiple teams within a time period.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not very user-friendly. They recently upgraded and moved everything to the side instead of at the top. The icons are not as user-friendly as you'd like. The manage filters option is at the bottom of all of your filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool but setting it up the way you want it (Dashboards, teams, sprints, etc.), can be confusing. But once you put in the time to do it, you will be thankful.

We needed a place to track development, QA, UAT, and smoke testing for multiple teams in multiple locations while providing daily reports of status.

JIRA review by Monica C.
Monica C.

"JIRA Review"

What do you like best?

This function in JIRA allows you to control who can view the issues. It consists of a number of security levels which can have users or groups assigned to them. You can specify the level of security for the issues while creating or editing an issue.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application misbehaves, I can't tell if this is infrastructure or what, usually this occurs when I am in a browser other than Chrome

I am not aware of a mobile app for it but if there is one that would be cool

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned sometimes the application misbehaves, I can't tell if this is infrastructure or what, usually this occurs when I am in a browser other than Chrome. Please try to fix this. also, I am not aware of a mobile app for it but if there is one that would be cool.

Defect tracking and monitoring progress of the project were difficult just on emails, this tool has made both easier for us.

JIRA review by Isha G.
Isha G.

"Good tool for Tracking Agile/Scrum Projects"

What do you like best?

1) The ease of creating epics, user stories and tasks, dashboards and access rights

2) The project story-board, tracking charts and queries

3) Intuitive UI

4) Flexibility to design workflow project wise.

5) Provision for automatic action on tasks and user stories

What do you dislike?

Look and feel comes to mind. I spent a lot of my time working on JIRA and I wish I could make it more lively.

I think a feature that I would like to addressed is the issue of duplication. In a big team, it is quite often a possibility for different QA's to raise same issues hence causing the duplication error. I wish there was a feature of auto-fill facility , something which we have in Stackoverflow or Jira Query writer.

I was working as a Scrum Master. Before JIRA, there was a very complex tool being used for team and project management. JIRA proved to be a very convenient transformation from that tool and made project-tracking and hence accountability much easier. The teams were much more motivated to account for time spent on tasks as it became easier to do and they could visualize whole team's effort through burn down charts for the sprint.

JIRA review by Jason V. T.
Jason V. T.

"Real-time, socialized issue- / task-tracking features fit for enterprise needs!"

What do you like best?

As an issue-ticket creation and collaboration platform, it efficiently connects teams with task information that collaborators need to get work done, faster, simpler and more effectively. JIRA projct spaces are perfect also for creating and organizing rich content related to Atlassian Confluence knowledge-bases.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I am concerned about is the storage capacity of the cloud-hosted platform. It currently on has a max storage size of 25GB per site. Also, the Atlassian tempo timesheets still need to be paid for as an add-on. Would be great if it can be offered free as part of the JIRA bundle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the pertinent research on the various task-ticketing online tools that deals with using JIRA as a user, as an admin, as a project collaborator or project lead. Taking the effort to learn how to use JIRA will certainly help make your transition into it, much smoother and much more efficient.

We used JIRA to allow our organization to create/manage task-ticketing spaces for every team, department, or major project, so that everyone can collaborate on task/issue resolution, sharing issue information and keep work organized.

JIRA review by User

"A great Issue Tracker/Project Management tool for all aspects of business"

What do you like best?

JIRA can be customized to almost any degree from the looks of it. I love the way we configure our workflows so that we can make sure each bug goes through all the necessary steps of coding, review, qa testing and deployment. In addition we can link it to the code we submit in BitBucket so it's easy to figure out where the code fix is up to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little too overwhelming when customizing JIRA, but once you figure your way around it, it becomes easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend JIRA as a solid issue tracking and project management tool that all departments can work with.

JIRA helps us track new features, bugs and the status of entire release across 4 different products. Our PM team, QA team, dev team and release management team are all able to stay in sync about what is in a release, where it's up to and are we on track for our release date.

JIRA review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Best project management. Hands down!"

What do you like best?

Jira is like the kitchen sink of project management software, it gives the user a vast array of features that the basic user wouldn't use but makes it possible for advanced users to do some really cool, productive workflows. Deep code integration with VCS like BitBucket or GitHub makes it easier to track your work against issues.

What do you dislike?

Its a double edge sword bing the kitchen sink of project management. It can be quite a steep learning curve when using add-ons as they look like native features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product that can change and adapt to your business or project then Jira is the software for you. There is a vast array of addons that will compliment the fantastic service you will get with Jira.

Jira is currently being used for multiple large enterprise projects. Some using a simple Kanbad approach to Agile. Others are using Scrum with planned sprints. Being able to switch between those workflows in one easy to recognise interface is a breeze. It makes collaboration much easier, especially with users outside our organisation.

JIRA review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Industry standard Agile platform"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface - drag and drop is plain and simple. Friendly tool to get in and use, even for the first time user.

What do you dislike?

Some paywall stuff. Exporting to Excel, time recording - there are a few useful add ons that are hidden away as additional costs. If you're working across a multi-discipline department, getting a business case to customise the tool can be a glacial experience.

It also doesn't quite mirror standard Agile Scrum structure in so far as it is very difficult to get an overview of Epic / Story / Task. Epic tends to sit apart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nicer to use than Agile Accelerator in terms of Salesforce, however AA is free in the SF ecosystem. It is worth checking as an alternative.

Moving from an unstructure ticket desk environment into one where a product can actually be shaped with a vision and also push back with evidenced resource issues.

JIRA review by Harneet S.
Harneet S.

"Jira Tool To Track Project Progress and Challenges"

What do you like best?

1. It will help Scrum Master or scrum team to track a sprint and their progress and challenges faced during sprint lifecycle.

2. Scrum team can use scrum board to track their activity. There are 3 section : ToDO, InProgress, Done.

What do you dislike?

1. Not able to create epic of epics for better organization.

2. Creating an over-arching epic over smaller ones.

3. Not able to split the work between two teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good tool to track the progress of your projects and follow Agile methodology.

Using Agile methodology, every project either it is successful or not will be judge during initial faces and it avoid further inversting time on it.

Using Jira, We can track business high level priority requirement and check either they are achievable or not.

It help us to define our objective clearly so we can work on them.

We can also track the work that has been completed or pending using this tool.

This tool is a life saver.

JIRA review by Billy J.
Billy J.

"Best platform for the teams which follow Agile methodology "

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to manage and monitor the various tasks. It gives you all the information about a task like who is the person who is working on the task, estimated time for the task,total time logged for that task, we can also see whether the the task is in pending,in progress or done.we can see the sprint Burn down chart where we can see the progressing or the incremental increase made by the teams.One more feature is that where change the tabs to see only the tasks assigned to you or what other teams are doing .

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about Jira is in the process of assigning tasks. Jira provides a feture where any person can assign their or any task to any person in the team Even if he is not having the admin capabilities.This is problem because it leads to mismanagement of tasks and one person can end up by doing more number of tasks. Even without the concern of a person we can assign him a new task or start doing his task by assigning it to ourselves .This causes mismanagement

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best project management tool which can be used by all the teams especially for the teams which follow agile methodology.

We are using Jira as a work monitoring platform where we can monitor the tasks what all the teams are doing . We get to see the burn down chart at the end of the sprint . Using Jira we do the capacity planning for the team. we use it to assign tasks to the people in the team as per the team members availability and after the sprint starts the team starts to move the tasks from not yet started to In progress and finally to the done . This done using the Kanban board facility provide by the Jira

JIRA review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Jira: How to manage easily projects"

What do you like best?

Jira is the perfect tool to manage projects, especially scrum or kanban or a simple to do list.

You can customize the tasks with some fields that can complete the information of the ticket that you have created. Another important feature is the workflow that allows you to customize you all the flow that your task has to follow. Notification, the opportunity to customize permissions are an important plus.

What do you dislike?

It's not so easy to understand how to customize all elements inside the platform. We are using a cloud solution, so it changes a lot and sometimes they are not well notified. The increasing of the cost was a bad point that all the companies had to face on.

The search is not the best, and not so easy to use.

First at all, collect and manage all the projects in a single tool.

You can create the project, assign tasks and follow the flow through the kanban board. Adding comments, and attachments to the single task mean that you can take in your hand your colleague's project without going lost in a lot of emails and documents spread out everywhere.

It helps a lot the collaboration.

JIRA review by Deedee C.
Deedee C.

"I love Jira but it could use a bit of fine tuning"

What do you like best?

Sprint overview features (the board) -- the fact that you can see the workflow and sprint cycle of your entire team at once

What do you dislike?

The lack of distinction between the UX of creating epics vs stories. It's easy to get confused btw what epics and stories are because you create them the same way, just w/ diff options/parameters. As a result, my engineering team has been confused about whether or not something constitutes as an epic or a story and what to use as each epic/story's scope. Ideally there'd be a clean way to distinguish between the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the little features. Perhaps educate your team members on them. It's easy to get the features mixed up bc there's so many buttons and available options

The largest business problem we're solving w/ Jira atm is sprint cycle management. Being able to visualize the sprint with progress statuses as well as a visually ordered board immensely gives my team an overview of what's currently being worked on and what still needs to be done.

JIRA review by Micha v.
Micha v.

"JIRA - great at tracking issues and adjusting workflow to internal processes"

What do you like best?

JIRA as a great advanced search option to find anything filtered on any parameter. Together with the ability to adjust the workflow to your needs with correct issue status transformations, this makes the tool fit with our internal processes

What do you dislike?

the tool can be overwhelming in options. but since you can tweak it, you can adjust during the initial weeks of using it before it becomes a habit

Recommendations to others considering the product

a great tool to merge issue tracking and project management that would fit in a scrum/agile environment

we use JIRA to track software develoment: new feature development: on high level to the details plus a collection of feature request and issues from our customers

JIRA review by Camila L.
Camila L.

"Very robust platform"

What do you like best?

Jira allows us to manage all of our product development and specific development projects within one single platform. We have multiple projects within each specific product, over 20 developers and Jira provides a great set of features so we can manage all sprints the best way and ensure staff is notified and has the latest updates on each project they're involved in.

What do you dislike?

It's very complex at times. Sometimes finding issues that have been closed or creating a specific report can be quite complicated and not intuitive at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent platform, very robust.

It's the internal tool we use to manage all in-house development projects and it's been very successful so far.

JIRA review by G Jayendra K.
G Jayendra K.

"A complete Project management Tool"

What do you like best?

Jira i was irritated to use when i was a developer but once i started maintain project i understood the use and ease of the project maintenance its amazing tool i can scrutinize all the data the team is doing manage the hours. The dashboard feature is more intuitive and helps me to have a look of how to manage my team members

What do you dislike?

The design is so plain and professional may be based on the role the user the design if it is customization it will be awesome because as a developer i never liked the plain design with professional look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its awesome tool and can be improved to other platforms as well like desktop app or a chrome app to make it more agile and increase the ease of use

Managing the user timings

Managing the teams and jobs done by the team.

JIRA review by Sergei S.
Sergei S.

"JIRA -- Great platform for managing projects of any size and scale"

What do you like best?

Very good concept, easy to adopt. Great marketplace with a lot of plugins and add-on modules almost for any request. Both micro- and macro- level of managing the projects are very helpful: tasks, projects, portfolio view help to coordinate the effort of the team and provide an effective reporting to the executive team. Very good collaboration between JIRA and Windows domain services, like Active Directory etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it feels like it has to much features and option, almost like MS Office suite. When in harry it's difficult to introduce a new feature or workflow to the team, it always takes time to learn how to.

Managing distributed team with the Cloud version of JIRA. Managing projects, tracking time, governing the product roadmap with JIRA on-premise.

JIRA review by User

"perfect for managing tasks"

What do you like best?

the simplisity of emailing the system to generate a ticket. Most other software you need to login, create a ticket with detail instruction. With my experience with JIRA, you simple write an email to a general address include the specifics in the subject line and your ticket is generated in the right queue automatically.

What do you dislike?

the website does take a long time to load - loading up now to take picture took about 3 minutes. When you think about how fast programs/websites work these days 3 minutes seems like an extremely long time for a product to load up for. . I think visually it could use an upgrade - find it a but outdated. When logged in the interface is a bit overwhelming, alot of options, alot of tabs alot of everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on how to use it. Had manuals been shared in advance i think i would of been a bit more prepared to use the product.

solving everyday day tasks. errors on the website that need to be fixed, requesting of documents, implementation of campaigns. pretty much everything. IT related inquiries