Jive

Jive Communications provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

Work for Jive?
Dixa review  2x

Learning about Jive Hosted VoIP?

Jive Reviews

Ask Jive Hosted VoIP a Question
Showing 282 Jive Hosted VoIP reviews
Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Jessie W.</span>
Jessie W.

Flexible Pricing + Powerful Features = Slam Dunk

What do you like best?

I love the flexible pricing structure. It's month-to-month and I can also add/subtract devices as needed. Jive doesn't lock you into a contract which is nice. Their interface is pretty intuitive, while being powerful at the same time. I also like that it integrates with Zoho, allowing click-to-dial functionality. My interactions with their support team have been good and they've always been able to help me.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to make warm transfers using the Jive Web interface. It doesn't connect in a 3-way conference. You can do it with the physical hardware, but most of my team uses soft phones. I also wish they had real-time reporting, instead of seeing data the day after. The last thing I wish it did was Local Presence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth checking out. Pricing is very reasonable/flexible and the system is powerful.

We launched a call center and I needed a flexible phone system that didn't lock me into an annual contract, but would allow me to grow at a natural rate. I have team members around the world and so having the soft phones was really important as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jive
Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Miles D.</span>
Miles D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Jive is adequate for a small company, but won't scale well.

What do you like best?

It is simple enough that I was able to train myself on how to use the admin portal and various functions. I don't consider myself tech savvy so that is a big positive for them.

What do you dislike?

There is a big lack of reporting that as I scale my teams I will need. Agent availability, break time adherence etc... Jive is a very simple telephony solution that is good for a small company, but as we grow, I worry it won't scale well. I have also had a lot of problems with their soft phone for my employees who work from home. It is constantly going down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive continues to update and improve their product offering but for now it continues to be a very basic telephony option. I am used to larger enterprise solutions that have many of the bells and whistles that Jive lacks and that has been a hard adjustment.

We are answering calls from customers and taking care of them. But other than that, I don't see a lot of benefits.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Peter V.</span>
Peter V.

Jive Provides Great Service & Support

What do you like best?

Our company was using a competitor that Jive purchased. We converted to Jive in early 2017. The conversion was very smooth. The dial plan editor is fabulous and makes setting up and changing an IVR much more simple than other tools I've used. I also love the ability to add call filters so that our company spends less time dealing with trash calls. Using my cell phone as a Jive "office" phone lets me always appear to be in the office, even if I'm on the beach on vacation. That's a great feature. The continued evolution and growth of the Jive platform, as well as the outstanding support are the key reasons for my recommendation to anyone considering Jive as their phone system provider.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model was different than the last vendor and was confusing at first, however the billing support team was very helpful in tweaking the plan to reduce costs. It's only possible to send a 5-page fax. I know...not many people fax anymore, but sometimes you just need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work carefully with your implementation specialist and plan to spend time on the cutover day fixing the weird little things that just happen

We needed a solid VoIP platform that could be easily configured by a small office. Our company is totally decentralized so service everywhere was key. Jive provides that and excellent support. We have flexibility and power to look like a much larger company.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Travis E.</span>
Travis E.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great customer support, easy to use interface

What do you like best?

I like how easy the system is to use and how great customer support is.

What do you dislike?

Some of the settings are a little hard to find. The setup for call recording is far to difficult to setup. We are not using that feature so it wasn't a problem for us, but to do a full call recording it requires an Amazon storage account. If they would implement other options such as Google Drive it would be a much better feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to customer support, the system is easy to figure out, but there are a couple of things that are not obvious.

We were able to get rid of an aging phone system and migrate to a completely cloud based solution. The system is much easier to manage and setup. We can now have an automated attended and pre-recorded messages that can be activated based on schedules and other external triggers.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Elizabeth R.</span>
Elizabeth R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Jive makes working outside of the office so easy!

What do you like best?

I love that I can work from home and still get my calls through Jive. I also like that it gives me privacy by connecting my office line to my cell phone so I don't have to provide people with my personal phone number if I'm working from home.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I've noticed is that the connection isn't as strong if I'm connected through data rather than an actual wifi network. Other than that I haven't noticed any significant flaws. I really like this app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm so glad to have it!

The biggest advantage of using Jive is that I can work from home or make calls after office hours without having to use my personal phone. It gives me the opportunity to work on my time and keep my privacy. I love that I can save money and the environment by using less gas when I work from home! If the roads are bad due to weather, Jive gives me the option to stay safe at home and work there! Half of my job involves calling parents and Bigs for match check-ins. Most of these calls happen anywhere from 5-8 PM. Jive allows me to make these calls from home, so I don't have to stay late at the office to call people when they get home from work. This also gives me the privacy I need to make calls, so I do not have to give out my personal phone number to parents and Bigs. I highly recommend Jive to anyone looking to make their jobs easier when the office is inaccessible!

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

Jive - Easy to Use and Easy to Implement

What do you like best?

Jive has an incredibly user friendly interface and has far more usable features and added value items than any other phone system we've used so far. (We've also used Ring Central and Nextiva). They are also less expensive and cost efficient than the competition.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support can sometimes be lacking and also their reporting is not the most robust in the industry with a notable lack of flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If robust call reporting is important this might not be the best for you but if you are looking for a cost efficient system that offers ease of use and lots of features then this is the right choice.

Jive has given us the ability to change our PBX quickly and nimbly without a lot of steps. Being a startup environment, Jive has given us the ability to be nimble and quick and save money as well.

Learning about Jive?

* We monitor all Jive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.