Jive

Jive

Jive Communications provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

Work for Jive?

Learning about Jive Hosted VoIP?

Jive Reviews

Ask Jive Hosted VoIP a Question
Showing 279 Jive Hosted VoIP reviews
Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Peter V.</span>
Peter V.

Jive Provides Great Service & Support

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Our company was using a competitor that Jive purchased. We converted to Jive in early 2017. The conversion was very smooth. The dial plan editor is fabulous and makes setting up and changing an IVR much more simple than other tools I've used. I also love the ability to add call filters so that our company spends less time dealing with trash calls. Using my cell phone as a Jive "office" phone lets me always appear to be in the office, even if I'm on the beach on vacation. That's a great feature. The continued evolution and growth of the Jive platform, as well as the outstanding support are the key reasons for my recommendation to anyone considering Jive as their phone system provider.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model was different than the last vendor and was confusing at first, however the billing support team was very helpful in tweaking the plan to reduce costs. It's only possible to send a 5-page fax. I know...not many people fax anymore, but sometimes you just need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work carefully with your implementation specialist and plan to spend time on the cutover day fixing the weird little things that just happen

We needed a solid VoIP platform that could be easily configured by a small office. Our company is totally decentralized so service everywhere was key. Jive provides that and excellent support. We have flexibility and power to look like a much larger company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jive
Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Elizabeth R.</span>
Elizabeth R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that I can work from home and still get my calls through Jive. I also like that it gives me privacy by connecting my office line to my cell phone so I don't have to provide people with my personal phone number if I'm working from home.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I've noticed is that the connection isn't as strong if I'm connected through data rather than an actual wifi network. Other than that I haven't noticed any significant flaws. I really like this app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm so glad to have it!

The biggest advantage of using Jive is that I can work from home or make calls after office hours without having to use my personal phone. It gives me the opportunity to work on my time and keep my privacy. I love that I can save money and the environment by using less gas when I work from home! If the roads are bad due to weather, Jive gives me the option to stay safe at home and work there! Half of my job involves calling parents and Bigs for match check-ins. Most of these calls happen anywhere from 5-8 PM. Jive allows me to make these calls from home, so I don't have to stay late at the office to call people when they get home from work. This also gives me the privacy I need to make calls, so I do not have to give out my personal phone number to parents and Bigs. I highly recommend Jive to anyone looking to make their jobs easier when the office is inaccessible!

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

Jive - Easy to Use and Easy to Implement

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Jive has an incredibly user friendly interface and has far more usable features and added value items than any other phone system we've used so far. (We've also used Ring Central and Nextiva). They are also less expensive and cost efficient than the competition.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support can sometimes be lacking and also their reporting is not the most robust in the industry with a notable lack of flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If robust call reporting is important this might not be the best for you but if you are looking for a cost efficient system that offers ease of use and lots of features then this is the right choice.

Jive has given us the ability to change our PBX quickly and nimbly without a lot of steps. Being a startup environment, Jive has given us the ability to be nimble and quick and save money as well.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Rupert M.</span>
Rupert M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like Jive, ease of access and very user friendly. Once you are able to navigate the admin portal is become second nature.

What do you dislike?

The phone lines keep dropping. There was one day that Jive services went down for the northeast completely. We were unable to make or receive calls for about an hour. Their chrome extensions and very useful and convenient but again, they need to work out the kinks. If the extensions would work properly even 85% of the time, I would give the a 9/10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used to be able to chat with Jive support, I can't tell you how disappointing it is that they took that feature away. Now, for even the simplest request, I have to call in, be placed on hold, open a ticket and then be transferred to a technician. That is the only reason I didn't give the quality of support 7/7. Also, I would recommend that they deliver on the Jive click to connect extension. It claims to be able to integrate with LinkedIn but that is clearly not true.

Jive gives you the ability to have your desk number with you everywhere you go, even on your mobile device. Their salesforce integrations are the most useful as our sales people can have a clients salesforce record automatically open on their desktop if said client were to call their desk number. That's way better than just having caller ID.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Miles D.</span>
Miles D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is simple enough that I was able to train myself on how to use the admin portal and various functions. I don't consider myself tech savvy so that is a big positive for them.

What do you dislike?

There is a big lack of reporting that as I scale my teams I will need. Agent availability, break time adherence etc... Jive is a very simple telephony solution that is good for a small company, but as we grow, I worry it won't scale well. I have also had a lot of problems with their soft phone for my employees who work from home. It is constantly going down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive continues to update and improve their product offering but for now it continues to be a very basic telephony option. I am used to larger enterprise solutions that have many of the bells and whistles that Jive lacks and that has been a hard adjustment.

We are answering calls from customers and taking care of them. But other than that, I don't see a lot of benefits.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by <span>Robert G.</span>
Robert G.

Highly Recommend Jive Communications

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Communication, value. and flexibility have set Jive apart from other VoIP vendors. We have 32 offices throughout the US and Canada, and Jive has been an excellent platform for our unified communications. Porting from 12 different voice vendors has been exceptionally smooth and any issues we've encountered along the way have been easily dealt with.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we've had with Jive has been self-inflicted, and even then Jive has been very willing to work with us. Porting one of our offices took three tries due to new ISP issues or current provider port denials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

look at other VoIP providers such as Nextiva, 8x8, Ring Central, ShoreTel and Thinking Phones, but be sure to compare their over all costs, and test their support

For us, Jive was a clear winner and we've been very pleased with the choice

Having a single portal to manage voice configuration has been fantastic. Additionally, having a single provider to provide support when issues do crop us is fantastic, and Jive's tech support is excellent. And most importantly, we've significantly reduced the total amount we pay for voice services by converting to Jive.

Learn more about Jive

Jive Videos

Learning about Jive?

* We monitor all Jive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.