3.7

Jive's enterprise social business software puts the power of social business at your fingertips. Discover social business software and drive breakthroughs in revenue, cost and innovation

Work for Jive-n?

Learning about Jive?

Jive-n Reviews

Ask Jive a Question
Showing 260 Jive reviews
Jive review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"JIVE is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Their customer support - they answer so quickly and help is on the way within a blink of an eye. All I have to do is open up a live chat and then all the sudden they are helping me left right and center. It truly is amazing, working with the company Jive. Love the experience.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have yet to find something that I dislike! They are simply so happy to help that I have no complaints whatsoever! I supposed that they can train the online chat reps to speak a bit more professionally, but over chat it is hard to understand exactly what the other person is saying, due to the communication barrier! But overall I really am happy with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SWITCH NOW! They will ensure that your experience remains amazing and that everything you need to be accomplished will be done. They ensure that all customers WANT to stay with them, which is more than I can say with the other company we had been with.

Our phone system runs perfectly due to their awesome customer service. We are able to rely on all the different features that they offer in order to make the experience here are Bern Office more professional and enjoyable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jive-n
Jive review by Andrea D.
Andrea D.

"My experience with Jive-N"

What do you like best?

I believe that the Jive N service is fine, although, in my opinion, they have not completely fulfilled my expectations regarding the product. The service is fine, but they are very cautious about protecting their contractual income and that made things very complicated for me since I did not feel I had the support of the company based on my needs. In my case, I needed to keep an extension number of a certain number of digits because it was printed on the cards and they did not give me this option.

On the other hand, I sent several emails requesting the cancellation of the service after the free 60-day trial and the response obtained after a lot of waiting (Approximately after a month) was that I should cancel the services I had already used.

What do you dislike?

One of my main annoyances with Jive-N was the customer service that I really felt that I did not offer support and help with my doubts and problems. They did not answer my questions or doubts many times and in other cases they took a long time to do it; On the other hand, I was particularly annoyed when they charged me for a service that was supposed to be free and trial, even when I had already made the request to cancel the service well in advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally, I do not recommend them. Their customer service leaves much to be desired and the operating system becomes complicated. I did not receive all the help I needed in my testing process and I think that they really have a lot to improve as a company in their dealings with the client.

The biggest problem with which I currently deal with Jive-N is that they continue to charge me for a service that I canceled in advance and although I have communicated with their technical support team and help the client, I feel that they have not listened to me because they do not respond to my emails.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Jive review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Was once a great company before being acquired by Aurea..."

What do you like best?

From a positive aspect of the product we love the simple and modern interface and the use of groups, that's about where it ends unfortunately.

What do you dislike?

Jive used to be great before they were purchased by Aurea. We never had any issues and support was great for any questions about configuration!

Since the acquisition we have had nothing but problems all around. Here's a few:

-We're hosted through Jive and for the past 8 months we've experienced multiple day outages where our employees can't login to Jive. This is critical when we have data on here that our employees rely on.

-We've had all sorts of broken interface issues that go without being fixed for days or even more than a week.

-The new system where you enter a ticket for support takes much longer.

-There's a disconnect between our account rep and any sort of support. For the constant issues we're having we're basically told "It is what it is..."

-Their maintenance times are terrible. "We're doing planned maintenance at 3 PM (CST) on a Friday afternoon". Why a large company would have a planned downtime during core USA business hours is beyond me. One of these planned down times during business hours also ended up going two days past the time they originally noted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my honest opinion I would look at other products unless you're hosting on premise. I've talked to other software companies with intranet solutions and they all are saying they've seen an astonishingly large number of new clients that are running from Jive after the Aurea acquisition.

The Jive interface is much better than our previous SharePoint intranet. Everything is so much more modern and collaboration within departments seems to be better now that employees can communicate and share posts about our data.

Jive review by Bonnie S.
Bonnie S.

"Use it for its Core Function and not for its other "Can Do-ish" functions"

What do you like best?

Using it to host a forum, foster discussions on topics, etc is great. Wonderful platform for that.

What do you dislike?

Don't try to use it if you like to produce reports to see what kind of engagement and impact your space and its content is having. Don't use it to manage any content if you have an alternative. Your management of the content will be manual and clunky, you can't export or import new content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent community and forum platform. Almost non-existent reporting so if you need to be able to measure the impact of and engagement with your blog posts, documents, discussions, I'd find a reporting add on (if there is one).

I've created a space that other Akamai employees can come to to find out everything they need to know (and more) about the customer marketing programs I run. That has saved me a tremendous amount of time replying to questions and answering requests for meetings.

Jive review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Jive-n in a call center"

What do you like best?

The part I like best is it seems really secure. This is the most important part when having an application that can also be used on a mobile device in a corporate call center. The other part that is really good is it's ease of use and does not really require any training for our staff. It also allows us to collaborate easily in our day to day projects in both our sales and technical teams. We have so many projects that we have created in it that it has become an integral part of our organization.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that although it easy to use, the mobile app is kind of clunky and features are a little lack luster. I have found many other apps that are much nicer to use but as security is the most important we have to consider that. Other than that I really don't have a lot negative to say about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations would be to strongly test out the software on a trial period first as the project collaboration features may not suit what you're looking for. I did find that it was easy to use but somewhat clunky. The web interface however, has a much more of a Facebook kind of feel to it and is great to use. The other thing you can do is have your Jive-n branded with your companies name/look/feel so that it is very personalized to your organization.

Jive-n helps us to stay in contact in separate groups when we are working on projects. We deal with both sales and technical support so the projects are quite varied and having a centralized place to go to work on them allows us to be more productive. Our teams need to constantly collaborate on many projects with creating new sales incentives and technical employee incentives. With this we can also share things not just in our local office but with leaders in other centers. We also have an extensive database essentially created within Jive-n for our staff to look up solutions to common and uncommon tech/sales related issues.

Jive review by User

"Jive is great!"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Jive is the customer service. We use Jive for the phone service in our office. When it comes to phones, you know it's working great when you don't even notice it. When there is ever a problem - rare - Jive has been great at helping out and solving the problem as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I dislike about this product. It just works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive is a great product with which I am extremely satisfied. We have only been using the product for a short time but so far I am more than happy with it. We switched from a traditional phone line system and this is a huge upgrade. Based on my personal experience working with their customer service I can guarantee that whatever other products and services Jive offers will be of great quality as well.

Jive provides our business the ability to have as many lines open as we need. There's no limit, and that's great because it's important to us to make sure we are always available to our clients and they will never receive a busy signal. The voicemail is also a great function that allows us to keep in contact with clients.

Jive review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Jive is great!"

What do you like best?

Jive is simple, easy to use, and provides a number of great functions. The best thing about it is that it provides unfettered access to our clients without the hassle of standard landlines.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about Jive. When I've had any technical issues with the produce, the customer service team has resolved the issue quickly and efficiently. They even checked back in to make sure that everything was running smoothly.

When it comes to staying in contact with our clients and managing incoming calls from potential clients, it's important to have available as many lines as necessary and also allowing clients to access us via voicemail.

Jive review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Sharepoint Meets Facebook for Business"

What do you like best?

My favorite tool is the search function! There is SO much happening in Jive, that search allows me to easily find what I'm looking for (whether it be a file or a discussion topic). I also appreciate being able to set up my news feed with different categories or groups that I follow, to keep updates organized. Notifications via email are helpful to keep me in the loop with replies on threads I am a part of, and I receive a weekly email informing me of recent activity on the site. I like that you can 'tag' other people in a post, like comments or discussions and follow discussions, people and/or groups.

What do you dislike?

On a few occasions, I have had issues attaching documents to a post, because the attachment icon wasn't showing. Other than that, the only other thing I don't like is that there is SO much happening on Jive, which means it feels impossible to keep up with it all (but I think that's a general part of life nowadays).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was a bit hesitant and it took some time to get on board with this, but it has definitely improved sharing across the business.

Sharing documents across the business, keeping up to date on company changes, following specific interest groups or departments, and creating a sense of community for employees that work all across the US and don't interface in person.

Jive review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"It's all in the execution"

What do you like best?

Jive has powerful tools for sharing files and collecting information as a "central hub"

What do you dislike?

There are places where it's very redundant and weaker than other tools. For example, if your company uses google docs suite, you may find that you are just adding to your workflow. For example, it can house collaborate documents, but it doesn't do well if two people try working on the document at the same time. Since it can't do everything as well as other disparate systems, people are hesitant to leave their systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly suggest mapping out what you are trying to accomplish with Jive-n and then compare that against what people currently do and what Jive-n can do. Is Jive-n good enough to get people to leave some of these systems behind? If not, is it really worth having one hub to point back out to those systems?

Goal was a shared source of knowledge. For teams that treat it as such, it's great. For the rest of the teams, it's a ha

Jive review by Frank K.
Frank K.

"Jive - outstanding collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

The ability for colleagues from all different groups across the Enterprise to share pertinent info. We are experiencing a unprecedented volume of change and rate of change and due to digital transformation and this tool is vital to keeping everyone informed

What do you dislike?

like any tool you have to learn the nuances to be most effective but I enjoyed the missions that the tool assigned as learning exercises as an enjoyable way to do so

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move forward and embrace the tool

The collaboration platform helping us keep pace with volume and pace of change from Digital Transformation

Jive review by Adnan H.
Adnan H.

"Jive is quite an innovative product "

What do you like best?

I love how jive is used to create a more interacting experience for employees. It helps to create your company's own social network to interact with employees across the globe.

What do you dislike?

So far i have not had any issues with the program. It has been underutilized for its features but the various departments are working towards more people to use the various feature available through jive. Its an awesome piece of hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if the people know how to implement it to the best of their ability.

social networking and internal marketing of processes

we have been using it as a resource hub for our team. We use it to get employees to know each other in a deeper level and create social impact with various campaigns within the department.

Jive review by User

"Good but not perfect"

What do you like best?

The ability to preview documents is great, and it works well as a solution for an internal website. The fact that news, places for separate teams or organizations, and storage and preview for documents can all be housed in one place is breat

What do you dislike?

The content in the news section isn't totally responsive - meaning if I have a small window taking up half my screen, the images for the headline articles may not load properly and when I maximize that window, it's left with ugly half-loaded images. Also, the collaboration feature for Office documents is great in theory, but tends to cause more pain than it's worth to just download the document and open it separately in Word or Excel. Good potential, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bottom line: great for viewing documents, even better as an internal news / article - style platform; not as great for document collaboration as they make it out to be.

Jive-n is an exceptional way for the company, executives, HR, managers, etc to connect with employees and provides an invaluable opportunity for communication.

Jive review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"Western equivalent Bitrix24"

What do you like best?

Individual design

Presence of Russian language (localization can be independently established)

You can create forum threads

There are all platforms (even Winphone and blackberry)

Integrates with MS Office, Googledrive, Googldocs

There is a template for each scenario. There is even a template for planning R&D, and there are more than twenty of them.

A newly-arrived network user immediately receives a prepared block for beginners. After completing several game tasks, the user will receive the basics of using Jive.

You can configure several information tapes with different themes. One for work, the second for communication

What do you dislike?

For the first time, pages open slowly, this is due to the fact that they load quite heavy widgets. Corrected by a small patience at the first boot. - The administrator console is only partially localized, the essential part remains in English. Fixed by learning English.

Widgets are not localized, which are offered by default to new users. This is for programmers.

A lot of different materials that you can create: polls, ideas, documents, blogs, messages, etc., total 16 items. They are different, managed differently and have different properties - all this will cause difficulties in the initial stages. Corrected by a serious approach to user training. However, for advanced users - it's interesting. - If you specify your name in Russian at the first self-registration, in the system it can be displayed as "abracadabra". Fixed either synchronization with Active Directory, or individually by the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive - rich functionality, various types of groups, "places", which can serve as the official page of departments where, for example, you can lay out official brochures, forms of letters, contracts and other documents that are constantly required. Wide options of your personal page, rich customization of pages of groups, with addition of additional sections on them. Huge possibilities of the administrative part, which provides everything that can be needed: moderation without the possibility to change the group, access / lack of access to the closed system, the ability to edit the pages / profiles of users, configure the gaming according to their rules.

Creation of a working group for the preparation of a commercial proposal.

Doing business with your new employees on behalf of HR.

Jive review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"I'm feeling the Jive."

What do you like best?

We recently rebranded our organization from Jiff to Castlight and used this tool as our primary channel. The solution allows us to check whether our corporate strategy is landing very quickly. It forces us to change things that aren’t working.

What do you dislike?

Stream activity could be better organized. Activities or content you are following will either be emailed to you or you follow in a stream. This is the largest issue to overcome for new people using the solution. When using email they receive way too many and it becomes noise. If they use streams, it's yet another thing to check along with email, IM, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform. Use it!

Jive gives us an extensive and powerful social platform for our growing community.

Jive review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Helpful platform with lack of customization"

What do you like best?

I like Jive because it makes it easy to group content internally through the use of superlists. Additionally, it is very easy to create content and tag items, and most of the layout is user-friendly and intuitive for those who are familiar with any kind of content-creating web app.

What do you dislike?

Jive does not allow for much customization, especially in the way of rewards badges. At our firm, we cannot create our own custom badges. The nature of the product is similar to other blogginf platforms in that it doesn't offer a lot of customization and normally that it's not a problem for our users, but sometimes it would also be nice to have more layout options.

Jive gives our team a space to collaborate without clogging up our email inboxes. Instead of sending emails to a couple different listserves and having to dig to find certain threads, we can migrate some of those discussions to Jive posts. Similarly, jive is a space for discussions that fall outside of our normal workflow.

Jive review by Andrei S.
Andrei S.

"Excellent tool to enable collaboration internally and externally"

What do you like best?

The ability to search across the board based on a specific word or a description is very useful and responsive.

The multitude of content type users can publish help to categorise questions, from documents, polls, product ideas etc.

The ability to control the visibility of the boards means that you can have an internal-only board for the employees, as well as an externally facing board that can be used by employees as well as customers to engage in the collaborative discussions.

The "game" element that gives users points, rankings, quests for their active participation - motivates the users to collaborate.

The ability to outline areas of expertise on your profile that allows other users locate you as an SME for a specific area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate if you are using multiple boards - hard to tell where you are and how to get to where you want to - but I imagine this is purely down to configuration by the administrators rather than the underlying architecture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful collaboration tool, intuitive, easy to use and commonly used by software vendors - so once you are experienced with it you can apply your knowledge using it in many places.

I am using JIVE to

(a) as a point of reference for system functionality/best practices

(b) to share my knowledge about the system by publishing documents

(c) to respond to internal/external questions about system functionality/best practices

Jive review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Jive is like a sharing community for work"

What do you like best?

I like that you search any group or person within the organization and learn more about them than what you find on our corporate website. It displays trending content which can be useful and gives you updates on what is going within our organization.

What do you dislike?

The main homepage has a lot going on, I would like for it to be separated out better or easier to follow. There are varies sections on the homepage that list top and trending, but no reason for why they are separated instead of being listed all together. I have also never understood the points calculator on your personal page.

It allows me to share and collaborate on documents and connect with more effectively with co-works and stay tuned in what is going on within my organization. It shares information that easily compared to emailing something to everyone in my group. I can see documents from other divisions that are helpful that I would not be able to find on the company website.

Jive review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Breaking siloes"

What do you like best?

Easy to use social collaboration platform,

strong social layer on co-creation, discussions,

light emails because attachment stay on the platform

The Jive platform aims to connect disconnected pockets of similar or

related work - a key source of administrative inefficiency and the scourge of many large

organizations both in the private sector as well as in the public sector. The challenge of

connecting knowledge widely for better quality, joined-up work, as well as to avoid

duplication and avoid waste of time is widely experienced.

The Jive Platform is conceived for both structured and non-structured collaboration, with an evolving governance that is closely tied to existing day-to-day business processes.

The platform is accessible from corporate and BYOD mobile phones and tablets via an approved app,.

Outlook Connector is excellent

What do you dislike?

Office and SharePoint integration not fully satisfactory,

still too many emails,

not easy to to drive the cultural change

Cleaning of tags is a problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a big bang (which in hindsight was a mistake).

Start small, test, communicate, communicate and communicate and only then role out.

Build very early a network of ambassadors .

Don´t make in an IT project, combine resources and knowledge from various entities of the organisation.

Provide early trainings, train the the trainers

breaking silos,

cross unit collaboration

The top business processes on the collaborative platform involve strategic alignment in

the organisation through same day, open recording of senior management and Cabinet meetings, the open, wide, and transparent cross-DG consultation of files ahead of Management Team decisions, and the collaborative elaboration of briefings. Other mandatory business processes include collaboration on replies to parliamentary questions and open publishing and linking of mission reports.

Jive review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Jive Makes It Easy"

What do you like best?

I can easily see the entire conversation instead of having to fluctuate between forty emails to see where we started and where we ended up. I prefer this because it saves time and when the network is moving slowly, I don't have to slog through anything and can easily see what everyone thinks.

What do you dislike?

It does not group my emails. For example, I can have twelve emails with the same subject line and each email will update to contain the entire conversation, so now I have twelve of the exact same email. I could delete the emails as they come in, but I would find it easier if it updated or grouped as a part of a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, use it!

I can communicate faster because I don't have to log on to see the conversation, it is at my fingertips. It makes it easier to not have to follow a thread all the way to it's initial post, I can follow it through in just one email.

Jive review by User in Computer Software

"Jive software helps us to give solution for diversified fields."

What do you like best?

With Jive we can connect to 3rd party system and use the data to show up in Jive. It gives a great platform to customize the view as required, You can create plugins and widgets to show data.

We can also create different themes to be best utilized. It is quite a easy and user friendly platform for the beginners.

What do you dislike?

The product can be made more user friendly with some enhanced features like direct drag and drop. If possible need to use FTL should be removed as this is not a very common language for people to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can also create different themes to be best utilized.

You can create plugins and widgets to show data.

We can also create different themes to be best utilized.

Also as per need the themes can be changed .

Jive review by Cassie B.
Cassie B.

"Decent company social communications software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can read my co-workers posts and keep up with them personally and professionally on Jive. Some co-workers use Jive to post industry updates, which is really nice for everyone to stay on top of the market. Following Places comes in handy as well, since you can group topics together. We use these for General Announcements and updates from our Wellness Team, for example.

What do you dislike?

There is almost too much in Jive, I can't follow it. And it's been updated a few times, so I forget where things are. I tend to miss a lot of updates and I'm subscribed to receive email updates to certain Places, but I never get those updates sent to me in my inbox. The only updates I get emails about are the ones I'm specifically tagged in.

The rop nav seems a little sloppy to me; there's too many tabs at the top to navigate. Then, if you want to post something, there's so many options, it's hard to decide what you're supposed to use or what would be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product if you want something that will keep everyone at your company in touch. I definitely recommend created organized places for people to follow at the company.

We use Jive to keep in touch and share mass updates/important information to the company. It's a good way to keep up-to-date on what's going on, read articles others share and get to know each other a little better. People will also share cool events going on in the area, or conferences or a photo of their dog just for fun!

Jive review by Anna K.
Anna K.

"JIve- N Review"

What do you like best?

the collaboration aspect of the tool is amazing. The information you can share to bring new topics is amazing

What do you dislike?

The reporting that we need for our unique business model

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe to be able to create forms that report to other tools?

We are a global organization and we were previously very siloed in our communication. This tool allows us to share and collaborate an every single aspect of the organization.

Jive review by Katherine V.
Katherine V.

"Jive for Work Place Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the design of the website and the mobile app is user-friendly. I like that you can change the look and feel of the website. We've recently rebranded and the changes to the website have been seamless.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some Jive links cannot be opened from outlook emails.

With Jive we are able to communicate across the nation with affiliate associations regarding data collection and project research. It is a great place for all associates to check in and see whats happening with our organization nationally.

Jive review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Jive-n creates a fun and interacting environment for work"

What do you like best?

The many different functionalities it provides, points for rewards, events, calendars, groups to accommodate different company needs

What do you dislike?

The interface can be more user friendly, the home page takes a while to scroll through. The instant message function is more like emails slow and clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking to have an Intra company social media site, Jive-n is a good place to start, it allows for easy publication, event posts, employee update post, categories, but for the employee post it could have an easier interface, maybe drag and drop functions.

Intra company social media site, to keep in touch with whats going on in the company and what other employees are doing, and activities that are available

Jive review by Linnea W.
Linnea W.

"Jive has useful features, but is clunky to navigate"

What do you like best?

Jive uses shortcuts (e.g., #, @) that are intuitive to social media users, and the home page that looks like a news feed is helpful to view recent updates.

What do you dislike?

Navigating to specific pages, profiles, etc. seems to take too many "clicks" relative to similar sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive works best when everyone uses it! Consider a roll-out that gets the entire company on board, and provides examples/Jive ambassadors to support up-take.

Jive allows me and my colleagues to collaborate across offices and avoid emails with 100 "reply-alls".

Jive review by User in Internet

"An enterprise solution for social networking"

What do you like best?

Jive pages can be easily set up for internal communication and sharing. The functionality it provides allows us to do content management, polling, search, and many others

What do you dislike?

There are still rooms for improvements, to enable more enterprise level features. For example, how it could work better for replacing email groups and etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When implementing a solution like Jive, it is important to know that it is a change management project as well. It requires mentality change in addition to a technology change.

With Jive, we are able to replace a legacy wiki solution for internal sharing, project sites, and search. The Jive setup does not require savvy tech skills, so it is suitable for more team members.

Jive review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A Social Experience for Work"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. As someone who posts documents on a weekly basis I find it incredibly easy. I've used SharePoint in the past and although enjoyed the flexibility of page design that SharePoint offered, JIVE is just easier.

What do you dislike?

Not as much flexibility in design as I would like, if you know html (even at a basic level) you can do some different things. Not a deal breaker just more of a preference.

This software was implemented just as I began working for my company. I was told it was meant to streamline internal communications and essentially allows us a one stop shop for our needs. What I find great is that it allows multiple users throughout the organization to post updates, news, fun facts, project statuses ect. With greater adaption is really has the ability to open up visibility to others in an organization.

Jive review by Sivan H.
Sivan H.

"Look here, good stuff"

What do you like best?

This software really helped out my business in terms of keeping up with communication through customers and suppliers as well. Everything balanced.

What do you dislike?

The downside of this I will say is that it seems a bit basic really compared to a few other software programs o was told about. But this has been good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to your full potential really will come in handy

Lots of things where do I begin, we have been keeping more and better tracks of our records and receipts and transactions through the use of this software.

Jive review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"A great Way to Interact with Customers"

What do you like best?

I like that I can talk to my coworkers and clients at the same time. This is a great Intranet and chat to work with. I think that this tool can increase productivity based on clear communication instantly which a great tool also for coworker interacting and hiring new people to the company as the first days of those new hires will need to be supervised constantly to make sure that they follow their duties.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like that it is not free and you can try it but if you want to keep using it then you have to pay. While it is not that expensive it can an expense that some startups and companies are not willing to spend. It can be hard for clients to interact because some of them do not type as fast and would prefer a voice call than typing on a computer. This may be one disadvantage that this software may have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for supporting each other in the company and also set up a different chat for clients and customers.

The business problems I can definitely solve are the live communication between client or customer and company. This intranet also works to communicate with coworkers and other departments in the company.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best "

What do you like best?

After extended use with jive I have learned how easy it is to house internal webpages. Several knowledge base and internal links are easily created in minuets.

What do you dislike?

There so some CS and JS that is a little too advanced for the jive html. But again that’s totally fine it’s more a style issue than a funcuality problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as your a basic code user and understand simple web design concepts jive not only is easy to use. It will give you pride in your growth. The more code you know the more you can do in jive.

We have most of our internal documents well internal. Anyone with jive access can access any document they should. Each is linked seamlessly. Productivity with internal information access is as high as ever. This can be seen easily in our new hired employees. Just one or two bookmarks and they can access easily any team page or internal guide.

Jive review by Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

"Work made easier with Jive"

What do you like best?

I love that I can work from home and still get my calls. I live 45 minutes from the office so it's nice when I want to work from home, especially when the weather is bad.

What do you dislike?

Calls are spotty if I'm connected to Jive through my wireless data versus a network.

Jive allows parents and Bigs to get in touch with me when I'm working from home or after office hours.

Jive review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Collaboration made possible"

What do you like best?

The idea of being able to set up a community that allows its members to access the information they need, when and how they need it,.

What do you dislike?

With the recent purchase/sale, the promise of transparency has been a challenge. The opportunity to collaborate both internally and externally with the same platform has disappeared due to the company split..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research options depending on your needs, but if you are looking strictly for an internal platform with customization that doesn't require IT effort, Jive could be your answer.

Lowering Silos. Allowing access to the right information, from the right people at the right time - from wherever you are located has helped increase collaboration across virtual teams.

Jive review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Great for connecting with co-workers"

What do you like best?

quick access to site when using Internet Explorer. headlines are on the homepage so you can see the latest about what's happening

What do you dislike?

I have found it to be unreliable in connecting on anything other than IE. Sifting through content to find what you need can be daunting

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure your browser supports it. also be sure that someone has enough time in their schedule to admin/provide support and make it competitive so more folks get involved in posting content (like have little contests for the leader board to challenge each other).

internal sharing - a place to hold documents and training materials

social interaction with co-workers

events and announcements

Jive review by Sasha P.
Sasha P.

"Keeping Colleagues Connected"

What do you like best?

We use Jive for our internal social networking / file sharing site, and it has been instrumental in connecting different departments in the pursuit of common tasks. It also allows us to disseminate information very efficiently without the worry of files and conversations getting lost in an inbox. Apart from the formal benefits, unlocking social achievements and activity rewards makes using the site more fun. The phone app feature is also useful during our Sales Conference, which we use to keep participants in the loop as they're on the go.

What do you dislike?

The overall design of our website doesn't look appealing, but it's very functional. The app was also a bit glitch-y the last time we use it, but still a great concept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your platform will only be as good as your programmer.

Reduction in email clutter, better collaboration across departments, version control allows us to pull up older iterations of a document, tagging for easier searching

Jive review by Nikisha P.
Nikisha P.

"Great Engagement Platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to communicate information to large groups of employees in a fun way. Our platform allows employees to get useful information and connect with all the departments within the company from our home page. Gte announcements, news and have an inbox for messages.

What do you dislike?

For now my experiences have all been positive.

Employee engagement. Communicating with employees that are spread out is usually problematic and you can have lost in translation when managers are relaying information. Using Jive allows employees to receive the information first hand and have access to company policies, events, news and other inter-departmental operations.

Jive review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Everything in 1 place!"

What do you like best?

I particularly LOVE the calendar feature. My team and I use it to post all of the upcoming events for Marketing and Sales. This provides us an easy "one-stop shop" for all of the information they'll need. We send everyone to that calendar and then they click on the event and it takes them to the all of the documents we have attached. It's saved us lots of hours doing things via email.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Jive for about 6 months and the only complaint I have is the time zone issue. It automatically defaults to the time zone i'm in and i'm unable to change it on an event that is in a different part of the country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!!!

I manage events and an event team for US and Canada. We needed a place to put all of the events where everyone in the company could see them. The benefit of having to only update 1 page dedicated to us has saved many hours of sending emails to communicate and it ensures everyone see all available information with just one click.

Jive review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Jive power user for Global company"

What do you like best?

Jive is a more featured intranet than SharePoint for providing corporate internal web pages. Easy to post blogs and other information and found the social features and metrics more useful for tracking engagement.

What do you dislike?

Document and file storage appeared limited, a separate document storage environment needed to be added on to have any level of storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear plan for the Company Intranet that is at least a few months out. Select power users across the organization to seed content and messaging to the platform. Make sure that there are clear use cases out there for its use, like having all corporate announcements come through the platform.

Needed a company internet to provide updates on how the company was doing, both corporate wide and in specific departments. It was easy to get company information like HR policies and the like.

Jive review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Easy way to Manage Your Phones"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can go online change around the route of phone very easily from each office, extension and personal cell phone.

What do you dislike?

We do have trouble sometimes with out going calls and it takes a little bit of time to get it fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend jive-n to anyone looking for a phone system that easily maneuverable.

We easily can make sure all our calls are being taken no matter if some one is out of the office, one office location is closed, or someone needs to receive office calls on their personal cell when out of the office.

Jive review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Jive is the company's internal intranet"

What do you like best?

Its integration with Internet explorer is fantastic, always smooth without glitch. It works with other company's systems and app tools, really allow seamless collaboration across systems and applications. That fact that it is for internal, the security seems really good.

What do you dislike?

Resetting your password is a pain, mostly because of the number of steps you have to go through to get to the right screen. It's not intuitive, and if you're in any of your sub-programs, you have to remember to go all the way back to the top login level. I dont know it is my company set up or not, it only works for Internet Explorer, while some applications are better support by google, Jive-N is not much of a use here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is more practicle for large organizations to use as they have many systems and applications to collaborate.

Very good user experience, single sign-on let employees easy to browse different internal sites. Easy to look up for inforamtion as you just need to key in key works on the address bar.

Jive review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Good platform (not excellent)"

What do you like best?

Jive-n has a simple and modern interface, it allows companies to combine many functionalities (document repository, forum, Q&A, employee engagement and collaboration etc.) in one place.

What do you dislike?

Maintenance times are quite long

We had the platform down many times, in those occasions Aurea had never communicated to us to explain the situation.

SSO is not perfectly working (only with Edge)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Involve a partner

We eliminated all the disconnected platforms we were using before (like sharepoint, chatter, linkedin groups). Now we have everything is one place

Jive review by User in Computer Software

"Jive review"

What do you like best?

Jive is a great communication and collaboration software that helps people working together in business environment communicate and collaborate better. There are many features that are proven to be extremely useful - for ex, All of the documents can be maintained including making final version, reviewing a specified revision, replying to a document, initiating a new discussion, getting notifications when someone publishes a newer version, getting regular updates on activities if you are a part of specific group, or follow someone or keeping track of if someone is already modifying a document so you are not stepping on each other toes, etc. There is a calendar where team can add specific events and create a separate groups for dev, QA, prod mgmt and go look under specific categories for individual requirements and never bother about sharing a document or asking a question via email.

What do you dislike?

Even though Jive is great collaboration tool, some features like searching for a document using search tool or navigating to a specific path from a home location can be challenging. I have had an issue where search tool would not list the specific document I was searching for and hence, always need to rely on either having a direct link to the document or look under specific category. Also, using Jive for new users can be challenging since there is lot of complexity and there is a learning curve for getting familiarized with a new software. Preview of the user documents and searching for the documents result into not so nice user experience. For an organization, it can also be challenging to integrate with Jive when switching from another platform like sharepoint, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommend. There are lot of benefits of using Jive. And if you are in software development company, there are lot of things individuals can do with Jive to stay uptodate with everything going within organization, be it business daily goals, or other activities that your organization is initiating or participating to. You can also address individuals when writing comments, i.e tag them, so they get notified, instead of having to write a separate email asking them to review a specific document.

Jive is an effective communication and collaboration software. Having all the features mentioned above that works best for an individual or for an organization, one can focus on deliverable without having to worry about creating a process that works for all in terms of documentation for release documents, creating design documents or initiating a new discussion. Having these to do all in emails, information tends to get lost and one cannot find when needed. So storing these documents in one centralized place where every one can access leads to more reliable, productive way of keeping entire team synced on what needs to be communicated and preserved.

Jive review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking

"Review on Jive voip and pulse services"

What do you like best?

It an easy to use , you can communicate very well within the organization. I have used both VoIP and pulse from jive their customer support is very good and the call quality was outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The voicemail system should have been better had difficult in recording one other than that I did not faced any issues and it was all smooth because of good sustainer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It have great IT support abd it is cost effectiveness for any organization . It is very good for small buisness organization and I hope they are now going with large scae organization with the quality of product.it is easily integretaed with with outlook.

1. In my previous company I have used voip service to communicate within organization have group meetings and with the clients across the globe and conduct interviews, without actually having the hardware which can be easily installed on our phone or use web portals.

2) I'm using Pulse a part of Jive, where we hold discussions, share ideas, drive projects , build relationships , endorse colleagues.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good use for internal team collaboration but not intuitive"

What do you like best?

It supports different contents, from multimedia to written and offers a wide variety of custom navigation and layout options. I really find it useful to use tagging and categorization features. It is very easy to publish content and thereby keeping everyone concerned with that informed.

What do you dislike?

They should definitely have a feature which says this particular article has been read so that it is easy to keep track of those which have already been read and which are not! It is hard to move around and download the files and it may take some time to getting used to with using Jive-n.

I used Jive-n to collaborate in team projects and it definitely helped me and my team members in keeping track of everyone's progress and it really helped us in sharing useful information as and when required.

Jive review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Jive is A-OK and really fills a gap our company had, but it feels clunky and is difficult to use."

What do you like best?

Jive very easily gave our company a tool to increase collaboration and hold content in static and navigable places.

What do you dislike?

Getting people to use the tool is always the hardest part, and it's especially difficult with Jive because it's difficult to use, requires extensive training and even after the training it requires a lot "work arounds" to get the spaces to look how people want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We didn't have any type of systems set up to support the SSO // Active Directory automatic profile creation features, which is continually making onboarding and offboarding incredibly time consuming and tedious. I think that we would have a MUCH better experience with Jive overall if we had those systems in place.

Before Jive people didn't know where to go to find information about each team's projects, company information, or even benefits information. Jive helps give us a place for people to go to right off the bat to check for information, which is solving the major issue we had. The downside is that we're still struggling to get people to put information on Jive since there's such a steep learning curve required to know how to use the tool.

Jive review by Ilya V.
Ilya V.

"A great collaborative tool."

What do you like best?

A great place to create a collaborative space to work on projects and communicate relevant information. Easy to use, and a great way to work together with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

A better mobile experience would make this a lot more usable. There is not much not to like. As long as people are using the right way and contributing, its a great tool to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great collaborative tool for any company. An easy way to have all information in one place instead of massive chain emails. It allows you to build deal rooms, collaborate on documents and discuss things company wide. It is also really easy to navigate.

Able to pull up relevant shared info in a concise way without over communication.

Jive review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Jive Provides Easy Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The collaboration aspect of the software makes it easy to share and edit documents throughout various workgroups

What do you dislike?

The software seems to have difficulty with some newer Microsoft products, I am constantly having to go back into options and readd the Com add-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great software that is easy to use, there is minimal training required needed to have users take when using the software

There are a variety of collaborative documents we share at my work which needs editing and addition of information across many channels, Jive helps us meeting this need.

"Great collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Jive is super easy to use, very low barrier to entry for new users. It's a nice product which helps with collaboration on documents, blog posts and etc. This has mostly replaced Google Docs for us. I really like how easy it is to find stuff and how we can create places and sub-places to organize our teams, projects and just documentation.

What do you dislike?

Up until the recent update I had a strong dislike for the layout, the new layout they have pushed is better but it is still not to my and many of my teammates liking. I like how other twikis are a lot more...freeform? (not sure how to say it). My personal preference would be a layout like media wiki.

Places/sub-places are nice, but they seem a bit clunky. If you want to logically organize something, then you have to create a sub-place since folders are not an option.

Collaboration on documentation and knowledge transfer. This makes it so easy to be able to create a document and let anyone else discover, review, edit and update it as necessary. This greatly relaxes effort put into document management.

Jive review by User in Internet

"Great Platform for Shared Collaboration, Communication, and Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Easy to use / navigate.

Ability to reward /recognize coworkers for their performance outside of an email announcement, etc. via badges.

Ability to search anyone in the Organization

What do you dislike?

Homepage is crowded, could be easier to navigate.

Not enough flexibility of design / formatting options.

Sharing information across the company, following specific Teams / departments or interest groups, and creating a sense of community for employees that work in-offices all over the world.

Great place to collaborate with Employees outside of email and discuss topics that fall outside of normal workflow,

Jive review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Replacement of our intraweb"

What do you like best?

Jive is a great platform that has good integration into a number of collaboration tools that make your business more productive. The tools are simple and address a variety of requirements.

What do you dislike?

More integration would be great, especially the links to Microsoft Office products seem a bit clunky, and other collaboration tools like Skype and Skype for Business would be great to investigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other cloud collaboration tools I think Jive is well positioned. Other products seem to lack clear strategy and definition of what they are trying to achieve while Jive seems very focused on their core differentiation. The support offerings are well worth it.

Content can be shared between all the people working in a specific area or with everyone in the organisation. Ensuring that the latest version of documents and allowing comments and collaboration on allows us to have conversations that take our organisation forward towards many of strategic objectives.

Jive review by April H.
April H.

"Jive-n & Communicatin'"

What do you like best?

I would say that the best feature of Jive-n is the plug-ins to Dropbox and open APIs that make it much easier to communicate with coworkers and help them get tasks done. It really helps consolidate items within the workplace. There is really a great amount of different options that you can use if you want.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I would have to say I dislike is the way it is organized. Sometimes I have trouble getting where I need to navigate to. In my opinion, the toolbar is confusing and could be more useful than it is.

We are solving the company's problem of us employees communicating to each other, letting others know and networking with workers who otherwise we may never had worked with.j

Learn more about Jive-n

Jive-n Videos

Learning about Jive-n?

* We monitor all Jive-n reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.7