Jive-n

Jive's enterprise social business software puts the power of social business at your fingertips. Discover social business software and drive breakthroughs in revenue, cost and innovation

Work for Jive-n?

Learning about Jive?

Jive-n Reviews

Ask Jive a Question
Showing 234 Jive reviews
Jive review by <span>Rachel G.</span>
Rachel G.

"JIVE is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Their customer support - they answer so quickly and help is on the way within a blink of an eye. All I have to do is open up a live chat and then all the sudden they are helping me left right and center. It truly is amazing, working with the company Jive. Love the experience.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have yet to find something that I dislike! They are simply so happy to help that I have no complaints whatsoever! I supposed that they can train the online chat reps to speak a bit more professionally, but over chat it is hard to understand exactly what the other person is saying, due to the communication barrier! But overall I really am happy with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SWITCH NOW! They will ensure that your experience remains amazing and that everything you need to be accomplished will be done. They ensure that all customers WANT to stay with them, which is more than I can say with the other company we had been with.

Our phone system runs perfectly due to their awesome customer service. We are able to rely on all the different features that they offer in order to make the experience here are Bern Office more professional and enjoyable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jive-n
Jive review by <span>Bonnie S.</span>
Bonnie S.

"Use it for its Core Function and not for its other "Can Do-ish" functions"

What do you like best?

Using it to host a forum, foster discussions on topics, etc is great. Wonderful platform for that.

What do you dislike?

Don't try to use it if you like to produce reports to see what kind of engagement and impact your space and its content is having. Don't use it to manage any content if you have an alternative. Your management of the content will be manual and clunky, you can't export or import new content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent community and forum platform. Almost non-existent reporting so if you need to be able to measure the impact of and engagement with your blog posts, documents, discussions, I'd find a reporting add on (if there is one).

I've created a space that other Akamai employees can come to to find out everything they need to know (and more) about the customer marketing programs I run. That has saved me a tremendous amount of time replying to questions and answering requests for meetings.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

"Jive is great!"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Jive is the customer service. We use Jive for the phone service in our office. When it comes to phones, you know it's working great when you don't even notice it. When there is ever a problem - rare - Jive has been great at helping out and solving the problem as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I dislike about this product. It just works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive is a great product with which I am extremely satisfied. We have only been using the product for a short time but so far I am more than happy with it. We switched from a traditional phone line system and this is a huge upgrade. Based on my personal experience working with their customer service I can guarantee that whatever other products and services Jive offers will be of great quality as well.

Jive provides our business the ability to have as many lines open as we need. There's no limit, and that's great because it's important to us to make sure we are always available to our clients and they will never receive a busy signal. The voicemail is also a great function that allows us to keep in contact with clients.

Jive review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Jive is great!"

What do you like best?

Jive is simple, easy to use, and provides a number of great functions. The best thing about it is that it provides unfettered access to our clients without the hassle of standard landlines.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about Jive. When I've had any technical issues with the produce, the customer service team has resolved the issue quickly and efficiently. They even checked back in to make sure that everything was running smoothly.

When it comes to staying in contact with our clients and managing incoming calls from potential clients, it's important to have available as many lines as necessary and also allowing clients to access us via voicemail.

Jive review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

"Sharepoint Meets Facebook for Business"

What do you like best?

My favorite tool is the search function! There is SO much happening in Jive, that search allows me to easily find what I'm looking for (whether it be a file or a discussion topic). I also appreciate being able to set up my news feed with different categories or groups that I follow, to keep updates organized. Notifications via email are helpful to keep me in the loop with replies on threads I am a part of, and I receive a weekly email informing me of recent activity on the site. I like that you can 'tag' other people in a post, like comments or discussions and follow discussions, people and/or groups.

What do you dislike?

On a few occasions, I have had issues attaching documents to a post, because the attachment icon wasn't showing. Other than that, the only other thing I don't like is that there is SO much happening on Jive, which means it feels impossible to keep up with it all (but I think that's a general part of life nowadays).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was a bit hesitant and it took some time to get on board with this, but it has definitely improved sharing across the business.

Sharing documents across the business, keeping up to date on company changes, following specific interest groups or departments, and creating a sense of community for employees that work all across the US and don't interface in person.

Jive review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"It's all in the execution"

What do you like best?

Jive has powerful tools for sharing files and collecting information as a "central hub"

What do you dislike?

There are places where it's very redundant and weaker than other tools. For example, if your company uses google docs suite, you may find that you are just adding to your workflow. For example, it can house collaborate documents, but it doesn't do well if two people try working on the document at the same time. Since it can't do everything as well as other disparate systems, people are hesitant to leave their systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly suggest mapping out what you are trying to accomplish with Jive-n and then compare that against what people currently do and what Jive-n can do. Is Jive-n good enough to get people to leave some of these systems behind? If not, is it really worth having one hub to point back out to those systems?

Goal was a shared source of knowledge. For teams that treat it as such, it's great. For the rest of the teams, it's a ha

Jive review by <span>Frank K.</span>
Frank K.

"Jive - outstanding collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

The ability for colleagues from all different groups across the Enterprise to share pertinent info. We are experiencing a unprecedented volume of change and rate of change and due to digital transformation and this tool is vital to keeping everyone informed

What do you dislike?

like any tool you have to learn the nuances to be most effective but I enjoyed the missions that the tool assigned as learning exercises as an enjoyable way to do so

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move forward and embrace the tool

The collaboration platform helping us keep pace with volume and pace of change from Digital Transformation

Jive review by <span>Adnan H.</span>
Adnan H.

"Jive is quite an innovative product "

What do you like best?

I love how jive is used to create a more interacting experience for employees. It helps to create your company's own social network to interact with employees across the globe.

What do you dislike?

So far i have not had any issues with the program. It has been underutilized for its features but the various departments are working towards more people to use the various feature available through jive. Its an awesome piece of hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if the people know how to implement it to the best of their ability.

social networking and internal marketing of processes

we have been using it as a resource hub for our team. We use it to get employees to know each other in a deeper level and create social impact with various campaigns within the department.

"Good but not perfect"

What do you like best?

The ability to preview documents is great, and it works well as a solution for an internal website. The fact that news, places for separate teams or organizations, and storage and preview for documents can all be housed in one place is breat

What do you dislike?

The content in the news section isn't totally responsive - meaning if I have a small window taking up half my screen, the images for the headline articles may not load properly and when I maximize that window, it's left with ugly half-loaded images. Also, the collaboration feature for Office documents is great in theory, but tends to cause more pain than it's worth to just download the document and open it separately in Word or Excel. Good potential, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bottom line: great for viewing documents, even better as an internal news / article - style platform; not as great for document collaboration as they make it out to be.

Jive-n is an exceptional way for the company, executives, HR, managers, etc to connect with employees and provides an invaluable opportunity for communication.

Jive review by <span>Natalya L.</span>
Natalya L.

"Western equivalent Bitrix24"

What do you like best?

Individual design

Presence of Russian language (localization can be independently established)

You can create forum threads

There are all platforms (even Winphone and blackberry)

Integrates with MS Office, Googledrive, Googldocs

There is a template for each scenario. There is even a template for planning R&D, and there are more than twenty of them.

A newly-arrived network user immediately receives a prepared block for beginners. After completing several game tasks, the user will receive the basics of using Jive.

You can configure several information tapes with different themes. One for work, the second for communication

What do you dislike?

For the first time, pages open slowly, this is due to the fact that they load quite heavy widgets. Corrected by a small patience at the first boot. - The administrator console is only partially localized, the essential part remains in English. Fixed by learning English.

Widgets are not localized, which are offered by default to new users. This is for programmers.

A lot of different materials that you can create: polls, ideas, documents, blogs, messages, etc., total 16 items. They are different, managed differently and have different properties - all this will cause difficulties in the initial stages. Corrected by a serious approach to user training. However, for advanced users - it's interesting. - If you specify your name in Russian at the first self-registration, in the system it can be displayed as "abracadabra". Fixed either synchronization with Active Directory, or individually by the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive - rich functionality, various types of groups, "places", which can serve as the official page of departments where, for example, you can lay out official brochures, forms of letters, contracts and other documents that are constantly required. Wide options of your personal page, rich customization of pages of groups, with addition of additional sections on them. Huge possibilities of the administrative part, which provides everything that can be needed: moderation without the possibility to change the group, access / lack of access to the closed system, the ability to edit the pages / profiles of users, configure the gaming according to their rules.

Creation of a working group for the preparation of a commercial proposal.

Doing business with your new employees on behalf of HR.

Jive review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

"I'm feeling the Jive."

What do you like best?

We recently rebranded our organization from Jiff to Castlight and used this tool as our primary channel. The solution allows us to check whether our corporate strategy is landing very quickly. It forces us to change things that aren’t working.

What do you dislike?

Stream activity could be better organized. Activities or content you are following will either be emailed to you or you follow in a stream. This is the largest issue to overcome for new people using the solution. When using email they receive way too many and it becomes noise. If they use streams, it's yet another thing to check along with email, IM, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform. Use it!

Jive gives us an extensive and powerful social platform for our growing community.

Jive review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Helpful platform with lack of customization"

What do you like best?

I like Jive because it makes it easy to group content internally through the use of superlists. Additionally, it is very easy to create content and tag items, and most of the layout is user-friendly and intuitive for those who are familiar with any kind of content-creating web app.

What do you dislike?

Jive does not allow for much customization, especially in the way of rewards badges. At our firm, we cannot create our own custom badges. The nature of the product is similar to other blogginf platforms in that it doesn't offer a lot of customization and normally that it's not a problem for our users, but sometimes it would also be nice to have more layout options.

Jive gives our team a space to collaborate without clogging up our email inboxes. Instead of sending emails to a couple different listserves and having to dig to find certain threads, we can migrate some of those discussions to Jive posts. Similarly, jive is a space for discussions that fall outside of our normal workflow.

Jive review by <span>Andrei S.</span>
Andrei S.

"Excellent tool to enable collaboration internally and externally"

What do you like best?

The ability to search across the board based on a specific word or a description is very useful and responsive.

The multitude of content type users can publish help to categorise questions, from documents, polls, product ideas etc.

The ability to control the visibility of the boards means that you can have an internal-only board for the employees, as well as an externally facing board that can be used by employees as well as customers to engage in the collaborative discussions.

The "game" element that gives users points, rankings, quests for their active participation - motivates the users to collaborate.

The ability to outline areas of expertise on your profile that allows other users locate you as an SME for a specific area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate if you are using multiple boards - hard to tell where you are and how to get to where you want to - but I imagine this is purely down to configuration by the administrators rather than the underlying architecture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful collaboration tool, intuitive, easy to use and commonly used by software vendors - so once you are experienced with it you can apply your knowledge using it in many places.

I am using JIVE to

(a) as a point of reference for system functionality/best practices

(b) to share my knowledge about the system by publishing documents

(c) to respond to internal/external questions about system functionality/best practices

Jive review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Jive is like a sharing community for work"

What do you like best?

I like that you search any group or person within the organization and learn more about them than what you find on our corporate website. It displays trending content which can be useful and gives you updates on what is going within our organization.

What do you dislike?

The main homepage has a lot going on, I would like for it to be separated out better or easier to follow. There are varies sections on the homepage that list top and trending, but no reason for why they are separated instead of being listed all together. I have also never understood the points calculator on your personal page.

It allows me to share and collaborate on documents and connect with more effectively with co-works and stay tuned in what is going on within my organization. It shares information that easily compared to emailing something to everyone in my group. I can see documents from other divisions that are helpful that I would not be able to find on the company website.

Jive review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Breaking siloes"

What do you like best?

Easy to use social collaboration platform,

strong social layer on co-creation, discussions,

light emails because attachment stay on the platform

The Jive platform aims to connect disconnected pockets of similar or

related work - a key source of administrative inefficiency and the scourge of many large

organizations both in the private sector as well as in the public sector. The challenge of

connecting knowledge widely for better quality, joined-up work, as well as to avoid

duplication and avoid waste of time is widely experienced.

The Jive Platform is conceived for both structured and non-structured collaboration, with an evolving governance that is closely tied to existing day-to-day business processes.

The platform is accessible from corporate and BYOD mobile phones and tablets via an approved app,.

Outlook Connector is excellent

What do you dislike?

Office and SharePoint integration not fully satisfactory,

still too many emails,

not easy to to drive the cultural change

Cleaning of tags is a problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a big bang (which in hindsight was a mistake).

Start small, test, communicate, communicate and communicate and only then role out.

Build very early a network of ambassadors .

Don´t make in an IT project, combine resources and knowledge from various entities of the organisation.

Provide early trainings, train the the trainers

breaking silos,

cross unit collaboration

The top business processes on the collaborative platform involve strategic alignment in

the organisation through same day, open recording of senior management and Cabinet meetings, the open, wide, and transparent cross-DG consultation of files ahead of Management Team decisions, and the collaborative elaboration of briefings. Other mandatory business processes include collaboration on replies to parliamentary questions and open publishing and linking of mission reports.

Jive review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Jive Makes It Easy"

What do you like best?

I can easily see the entire conversation instead of having to fluctuate between forty emails to see where we started and where we ended up. I prefer this because it saves time and when the network is moving slowly, I don't have to slog through anything and can easily see what everyone thinks.

What do you dislike?

It does not group my emails. For example, I can have twelve emails with the same subject line and each email will update to contain the entire conversation, so now I have twelve of the exact same email. I could delete the emails as they come in, but I would find it easier if it updated or grouped as a part of a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, use it!

I can communicate faster because I don't have to log on to see the conversation, it is at my fingertips. It makes it easier to not have to follow a thread all the way to it's initial post, I can follow it through in just one email.

Jive review by <span>Cassie B.</span>
Cassie B.

"Decent company social communications software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can read my co-workers posts and keep up with them personally and professionally on Jive. Some co-workers use Jive to post industry updates, which is really nice for everyone to stay on top of the market. Following Places comes in handy as well, since you can group topics together. We use these for General Announcements and updates from our Wellness Team, for example.

What do you dislike?

There is almost too much in Jive, I can't follow it. And it's been updated a few times, so I forget where things are. I tend to miss a lot of updates and I'm subscribed to receive email updates to certain Places, but I never get those updates sent to me in my inbox. The only updates I get emails about are the ones I'm specifically tagged in.

The rop nav seems a little sloppy to me; there's too many tabs at the top to navigate. Then, if you want to post something, there's so many options, it's hard to decide what you're supposed to use or what would be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product if you want something that will keep everyone at your company in touch. I definitely recommend created organized places for people to follow at the company.

We use Jive to keep in touch and share mass updates/important information to the company. It's a good way to keep up-to-date on what's going on, read articles others share and get to know each other a little better. People will also share cool events going on in the area, or conferences or a photo of their dog just for fun!

Jive review by <span>Katherine V.</span>
Katherine V.

"Jive for Work Place Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the design of the website and the mobile app is user-friendly. I like that you can change the look and feel of the website. We've recently rebranded and the changes to the website have been seamless.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some Jive links cannot be opened from outlook emails.

With Jive we are able to communicate across the nation with affiliate associations regarding data collection and project research. It is a great place for all associates to check in and see whats happening with our organization nationally.

Jive review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Jive-n creates a fun and interacting environment for work"

What do you like best?

The many different functionalities it provides, points for rewards, events, calendars, groups to accommodate different company needs

What do you dislike?

The interface can be more user friendly, the home page takes a while to scroll through. The instant message function is more like emails slow and clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking to have an Intra company social media site, Jive-n is a good place to start, it allows for easy publication, event posts, employee update post, categories, but for the employee post it could have an easier interface, maybe drag and drop functions.

Intra company social media site, to keep in touch with whats going on in the company and what other employees are doing, and activities that are available

Jive review by <span>Linnea W.</span>
Linnea W.

"Jive has useful features, but is clunky to navigate"

What do you like best?

Jive uses shortcuts (e.g., #, @) that are intuitive to social media users, and the home page that looks like a news feed is helpful to view recent updates.

What do you dislike?

Navigating to specific pages, profiles, etc. seems to take too many "clicks" relative to similar sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive works best when everyone uses it! Consider a roll-out that gets the entire company on board, and provides examples/Jive ambassadors to support up-take.

Jive allows me and my colleagues to collaborate across offices and avoid emails with 100 "reply-alls".

Jive review by User in Internet

"An enterprise solution for social networking"

What do you like best?

Jive pages can be easily set up for internal communication and sharing. The functionality it provides allows us to do content management, polling, search, and many others

What do you dislike?

There are still rooms for improvements, to enable more enterprise level features. For example, how it could work better for replacing email groups and etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When implementing a solution like Jive, it is important to know that it is a change management project as well. It requires mentality change in addition to a technology change.

With Jive, we are able to replace a legacy wiki solution for internal sharing, project sites, and search. The Jive setup does not require savvy tech skills, so it is suitable for more team members.

Jive review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A Social Experience for Work"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. As someone who posts documents on a weekly basis I find it incredibly easy. I've used SharePoint in the past and although enjoyed the flexibility of page design that SharePoint offered, JIVE is just easier.

What do you dislike?

Not as much flexibility in design as I would like, if you know html (even at a basic level) you can do some different things. Not a deal breaker just more of a preference.

This software was implemented just as I began working for my company. I was told it was meant to streamline internal communications and essentially allows us a one stop shop for our needs. What I find great is that it allows multiple users throughout the organization to post updates, news, fun facts, project statuses ect. With greater adaption is really has the ability to open up visibility to others in an organization.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Jive software helps us to give solution for diversified fields."

What do you like best?

With Jive we can connect to 3rd party system and use the data to show up in Jive. It gives a great platform to customize the view as required, You can create plugins and widgets to show data.

We can also create different themes to be best utilized. It is quite a easy and user friendly platform for the beginners.

What do you dislike?

The product can be made more user friendly with some enhanced features like direct drag and drop. If possible need to use FTL should be removed as this is not a very common language for people to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can also create different themes to be best utilized.

You can create plugins and widgets to show data.

We can also create different themes to be best utilized.

Also as per need the themes can be changed .

Jive review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"A great Way to Interact with Customers"

What do you like best?

I like that I can talk to my coworkers and clients at the same time. This is a great Intranet and chat to work with. I think that this tool can increase productivity based on clear communication instantly which a great tool also for coworker interacting and hiring new people to the company as the first days of those new hires will need to be supervised constantly to make sure that they follow their duties.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like that it is not free and you can try it but if you want to keep using it then you have to pay. While it is not that expensive it can an expense that some startups and companies are not willing to spend. It can be hard for clients to interact because some of them do not type as fast and would prefer a voice call than typing on a computer. This may be one disadvantage that this software may have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for supporting each other in the company and also set up a different chat for clients and customers.

The business problems I can definitely solve are the live communication between client or customer and company. This intranet also works to communicate with coworkers and other departments in the company.

"Best "

What do you like best?

After extended use with jive I have learned how easy it is to house internal webpages. Several knowledge base and internal links are easily created in minuets.

What do you dislike?

There so some CS and JS that is a little too advanced for the jive html. But again that’s totally fine it’s more a style issue than a funcuality problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as your a basic code user and understand simple web design concepts jive not only is easy to use. It will give you pride in your growth. The more code you know the more you can do in jive.

We have most of our internal documents well internal. Anyone with jive access can access any document they should. Each is linked seamlessly. Productivity with internal information access is as high as ever. This can be seen easily in our new hired employees. Just one or two bookmarks and they can access easily any team page or internal guide.

Jive review by <span>Elizabeth R.</span>
Elizabeth R.

"Work made easier with Jive"

What do you like best?

I love that I can work from home and still get my calls. I live 45 minutes from the office so it's nice when I want to work from home, especially when the weather is bad.

What do you dislike?

Calls are spotty if I'm connected to Jive through my wireless data versus a network.

Jive allows parents and Bigs to get in touch with me when I'm working from home or after office hours.

Jive review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Collaboration made possible"

What do you like best?

The idea of being able to set up a community that allows its members to access the information they need, when and how they need it,.

What do you dislike?

With the recent purchase/sale, the promise of transparency has been a challenge. The opportunity to collaborate both internally and externally with the same platform has disappeared due to the company split..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research options depending on your needs, but if you are looking strictly for an internal platform with customization that doesn't require IT effort, Jive could be your answer.

Lowering Silos. Allowing access to the right information, from the right people at the right time - from wherever you are located has helped increase collaboration across virtual teams.

Jive review by <span>Laura P.</span>
Laura P.

"Great for connecting with co-workers"

What do you like best?

quick access to site when using Internet Explorer. headlines are on the homepage so you can see the latest about what's happening

What do you dislike?

I have found it to be unreliable in connecting on anything other than IE. Sifting through content to find what you need can be daunting

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure your browser supports it. also be sure that someone has enough time in their schedule to admin/provide support and make it competitive so more folks get involved in posting content (like have little contests for the leader board to challenge each other).

internal sharing - a place to hold documents and training materials

social interaction with co-workers

events and announcements

Jive review by <span>Sasha P.</span>
Sasha P.

"Keeping Colleagues Connected"

What do you like best?

We use Jive for our internal social networking / file sharing site, and it has been instrumental in connecting different departments in the pursuit of common tasks. It also allows us to disseminate information very efficiently without the worry of files and conversations getting lost in an inbox. Apart from the formal benefits, unlocking social achievements and activity rewards makes using the site more fun. The phone app feature is also useful during our Sales Conference, which we use to keep participants in the loop as they're on the go.

What do you dislike?

The overall design of our website doesn't look appealing, but it's very functional. The app was also a bit glitch-y the last time we use it, but still a great concept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your platform will only be as good as your programmer.

Reduction in email clutter, better collaboration across departments, version control allows us to pull up older iterations of a document, tagging for easier searching

Jive review by <span>Nikisha P.</span>
Nikisha P.

"Great Engagement Platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to communicate information to large groups of employees in a fun way. Our platform allows employees to get useful information and connect with all the departments within the company from our home page. Gte announcements, news and have an inbox for messages.

What do you dislike?

For now my experiences have all been positive.

Employee engagement. Communicating with employees that are spread out is usually problematic and you can have lost in translation when managers are relaying information. Using Jive allows employees to receive the information first hand and have access to company policies, events, news and other inter-departmental operations.

Jive review by <span>Lauren F.</span>
Lauren F.

"Everything in 1 place!"

What do you like best?

I particularly LOVE the calendar feature. My team and I use it to post all of the upcoming events for Marketing and Sales. This provides us an easy "one-stop shop" for all of the information they'll need. We send everyone to that calendar and then they click on the event and it takes them to the all of the documents we have attached. It's saved us lots of hours doing things via email.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Jive for about 6 months and the only complaint I have is the time zone issue. It automatically defaults to the time zone i'm in and i'm unable to change it on an event that is in a different part of the country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!!!

I manage events and an event team for US and Canada. We needed a place to put all of the events where everyone in the company could see them. The benefit of having to only update 1 page dedicated to us has saved many hours of sending emails to communicate and it ensures everyone see all available information with just one click.

Jive review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Jive power user for Global company"

What do you like best?

Jive is a more featured intranet than SharePoint for providing corporate internal web pages. Easy to post blogs and other information and found the social features and metrics more useful for tracking engagement.

What do you dislike?

Document and file storage appeared limited, a separate document storage environment needed to be added on to have any level of storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear plan for the Company Intranet that is at least a few months out. Select power users across the organization to seed content and messaging to the platform. Make sure that there are clear use cases out there for its use, like having all corporate announcements come through the platform.

Needed a company internet to provide updates on how the company was doing, both corporate wide and in specific departments. It was easy to get company information like HR policies and the like.

Jive review by <span>Kristen S.</span>
Kristen S.

"Easy way to Manage Your Phones"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can go online change around the route of phone very easily from each office, extension and personal cell phone.

What do you dislike?

We do have trouble sometimes with out going calls and it takes a little bit of time to get it fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend jive-n to anyone looking for a phone system that easily maneuverable.

We easily can make sure all our calls are being taken no matter if some one is out of the office, one office location is closed, or someone needs to receive office calls on their personal cell when out of the office.

Jive review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Jive is the company's internal intranet"

What do you like best?

Its integration with Internet explorer is fantastic, always smooth without glitch. It works with other company's systems and app tools, really allow seamless collaboration across systems and applications. That fact that it is for internal, the security seems really good.

What do you dislike?

Resetting your password is a pain, mostly because of the number of steps you have to go through to get to the right screen. It's not intuitive, and if you're in any of your sub-programs, you have to remember to go all the way back to the top login level. I dont know it is my company set up or not, it only works for Internet Explorer, while some applications are better support by google, Jive-N is not much of a use here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is more practicle for large organizations to use as they have many systems and applications to collaborate.

Very good user experience, single sign-on let employees easy to browse different internal sites. Easy to look up for inforamtion as you just need to key in key works on the address bar.

Jive review by User in Computer Software

"Jive review"

What do you like best?

Jive is a great communication and collaboration software that helps people working together in business environment communicate and collaborate better. There are many features that are proven to be extremely useful - for ex, All of the documents can be maintained including making final version, reviewing a specified revision, replying to a document, initiating a new discussion, getting notifications when someone publishes a newer version, getting regular updates on activities if you are a part of specific group, or follow someone or keeping track of if someone is already modifying a document so you are not stepping on each other toes, etc. There is a calendar where team can add specific events and create a separate groups for dev, QA, prod mgmt and go look under specific categories for individual requirements and never bother about sharing a document or asking a question via email.

What do you dislike?

Even though Jive is great collaboration tool, some features like searching for a document using search tool or navigating to a specific path from a home location can be challenging. I have had an issue where search tool would not list the specific document I was searching for and hence, always need to rely on either having a direct link to the document or look under specific category. Also, using Jive for new users can be challenging since there is lot of complexity and there is a learning curve for getting familiarized with a new software. Preview of the user documents and searching for the documents result into not so nice user experience. For an organization, it can also be challenging to integrate with Jive when switching from another platform like sharepoint, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommend. There are lot of benefits of using Jive. And if you are in software development company, there are lot of things individuals can do with Jive to stay uptodate with everything going within organization, be it business daily goals, or other activities that your organization is initiating or participating to. You can also address individuals when writing comments, i.e tag them, so they get notified, instead of having to write a separate email asking them to review a specific document.

Jive is an effective communication and collaboration software. Having all the features mentioned above that works best for an individual or for an organization, one can focus on deliverable without having to worry about creating a process that works for all in terms of documentation for release documents, creating design documents or initiating a new discussion. Having these to do all in emails, information tends to get lost and one cannot find when needed. So storing these documents in one centralized place where every one can access leads to more reliable, productive way of keeping entire team synced on what needs to be communicated and preserved.

Jive review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking

"Review on Jive voip and pulse services"

What do you like best?

It an easy to use , you can communicate very well within the organization. I have used both VoIP and pulse from jive their customer support is very good and the call quality was outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The voicemail system should have been better had difficult in recording one other than that I did not faced any issues and it was all smooth because of good sustainer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It have great IT support abd it is cost effectiveness for any organization . It is very good for small buisness organization and I hope they are now going with large scae organization with the quality of product.it is easily integretaed with with outlook.

1. In my previous company I have used voip service to communicate within organization have group meetings and with the clients across the globe and conduct interviews, without actually having the hardware which can be easily installed on our phone or use web portals.

2) I'm using Pulse a part of Jive, where we hold discussions, share ideas, drive projects , build relationships , endorse colleagues.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good use for internal team collaboration but not intuitive"

What do you like best?

It supports different contents, from multimedia to written and offers a wide variety of custom navigation and layout options. I really find it useful to use tagging and categorization features. It is very easy to publish content and thereby keeping everyone concerned with that informed.

What do you dislike?

They should definitely have a feature which says this particular article has been read so that it is easy to keep track of those which have already been read and which are not! It is hard to move around and download the files and it may take some time to getting used to with using Jive-n.

I used Jive-n to collaborate in team projects and it definitely helped me and my team members in keeping track of everyone's progress and it really helped us in sharing useful information as and when required.

Jive review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Jive is A-OK and really fills a gap our company had, but it feels clunky and is difficult to use."

What do you like best?

Jive very easily gave our company a tool to increase collaboration and hold content in static and navigable places.

What do you dislike?

Getting people to use the tool is always the hardest part, and it's especially difficult with Jive because it's difficult to use, requires extensive training and even after the training it requires a lot "work arounds" to get the spaces to look how people want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We didn't have any type of systems set up to support the SSO // Active Directory automatic profile creation features, which is continually making onboarding and offboarding incredibly time consuming and tedious. I think that we would have a MUCH better experience with Jive overall if we had those systems in place.

Before Jive people didn't know where to go to find information about each team's projects, company information, or even benefits information. Jive helps give us a place for people to go to right off the bat to check for information, which is solving the major issue we had. The downside is that we're still struggling to get people to put information on Jive since there's such a steep learning curve required to know how to use the tool.

Jive review by <span>Ilya V.</span>
Ilya V.

"A great collaborative tool."

What do you like best?

A great place to create a collaborative space to work on projects and communicate relevant information. Easy to use, and a great way to work together with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

A better mobile experience would make this a lot more usable. There is not much not to like. As long as people are using the right way and contributing, its a great tool to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great collaborative tool for any company. An easy way to have all information in one place instead of massive chain emails. It allows you to build deal rooms, collaborate on documents and discuss things company wide. It is also really easy to navigate.

Able to pull up relevant shared info in a concise way without over communication.

Jive review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Jive Provides Easy Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The collaboration aspect of the software makes it easy to share and edit documents throughout various workgroups

What do you dislike?

The software seems to have difficulty with some newer Microsoft products, I am constantly having to go back into options and readd the Com add-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great software that is easy to use, there is minimal training required needed to have users take when using the software

There are a variety of collaborative documents we share at my work which needs editing and addition of information across many channels, Jive helps us meeting this need.

"Great collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Jive is super easy to use, very low barrier to entry for new users. It's a nice product which helps with collaboration on documents, blog posts and etc. This has mostly replaced Google Docs for us. I really like how easy it is to find stuff and how we can create places and sub-places to organize our teams, projects and just documentation.

What do you dislike?

Up until the recent update I had a strong dislike for the layout, the new layout they have pushed is better but it is still not to my and many of my teammates liking. I like how other twikis are a lot more...freeform? (not sure how to say it). My personal preference would be a layout like media wiki.

Places/sub-places are nice, but they seem a bit clunky. If you want to logically organize something, then you have to create a sub-place since folders are not an option.

Collaboration on documentation and knowledge transfer. This makes it so easy to be able to create a document and let anyone else discover, review, edit and update it as necessary. This greatly relaxes effort put into document management.

Jive review by User in Internet

"Great Platform for Shared Collaboration, Communication, and Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Easy to use / navigate.

Ability to reward /recognize coworkers for their performance outside of an email announcement, etc. via badges.

Ability to search anyone in the Organization

What do you dislike?

Homepage is crowded, could be easier to navigate.

Not enough flexibility of design / formatting options.

Sharing information across the company, following specific Teams / departments or interest groups, and creating a sense of community for employees that work in-offices all over the world.

Great place to collaborate with Employees outside of email and discuss topics that fall outside of normal workflow,

Jive review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Replacement of our intraweb"

What do you like best?

Jive is a great platform that has good integration into a number of collaboration tools that make your business more productive. The tools are simple and address a variety of requirements.

What do you dislike?

More integration would be great, especially the links to Microsoft Office products seem a bit clunky, and other collaboration tools like Skype and Skype for Business would be great to investigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other cloud collaboration tools I think Jive is well positioned. Other products seem to lack clear strategy and definition of what they are trying to achieve while Jive seems very focused on their core differentiation. The support offerings are well worth it.

Content can be shared between all the people working in a specific area or with everyone in the organisation. Ensuring that the latest version of documents and allowing comments and collaboration on allows us to have conversations that take our organisation forward towards many of strategic objectives.

Jive review by <span>April H.</span>
April H.

"Jive-n & Communicatin'"

What do you like best?

I would say that the best feature of Jive-n is the plug-ins to Dropbox and open APIs that make it much easier to communicate with coworkers and help them get tasks done. It really helps consolidate items within the workplace. There is really a great amount of different options that you can use if you want.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I would have to say I dislike is the way it is organized. Sometimes I have trouble getting where I need to navigate to. In my opinion, the toolbar is confusing and could be more useful than it is.

We are solving the company's problem of us employees communicating to each other, letting others know and networking with workers who otherwise we may never had worked with.j

Jive review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Live with Jive-n"

What do you like best?

jive-n is very user friendly and very easy to learn. Within one or two days of using the software, users are easily able to become used to the interface and advance their jive-n. Its also great for employeeengagement; its a bit like a social media for your employees

What do you dislike?

You are not able to control what all users post, but this is very normal for all social media and communication methods that are public

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test out the system and try to focus on a few topics at the very beginning, Once your users are familiar and comfortable with it, start to introduce everything. Starting with everything at once can be a bit overwhelming for new users and information overload

Internal communication and employee engagement. Its quick and easy to see how employees feel about specific topics and aspects

Jive review by Administrator in Computer Software

"External Community Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility in how easy it is to create new spaces/communities and change the layout. We also get access to some pretty detailed data. Since we are a data company, this is a big deal for us to monitor how we are doing, make decisions to move forward, see trends, etc.

What do you dislike?

It's not very easy to do customizations. Anything we want customized we need to go through an outside vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you due diligence. Make sure that you think about your needs from a business perspective. Don't assume because you've bought the platform that the community will form.

If you can have a developer in house, that makes a huge difference.

If you can go with Cloud - you should. It's way easier to get the product updates and latest features.

Originally, the main purpose of using Jive was for support case deflection. However, we've seen it for much more - from customer engagement, to building brand loyalty and brand awareness, to product feedback.

Jive review by Administrator

"Best Customer Service "

What do you like best?

The amount of time they were willing to spend to assure my problem was solved. They have worked overtime trying to resolve my problems as well as worked through lunch. They do whatever it takes to assure your problem is solved.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike about tem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive is amazing, they are always available and willing to work as long as it takes to get the job done.

Assuring we do not miss a phone call as well as when we are not available making sure the right message is on our phone. We have 24 hour customer service with them. We have no issues with them and if we do they fix it right away. They are also very friendly and have the best customer service.

Jive review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great collaboration tool that will save time and headaches!"

What do you like best?

Multiple people are able to collaborate within a document at the same time, thus saving time and eliminating the need to email multiple versions of the document to the team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment -- the tool has worked great so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend switching to this tool. It will allow teams to collaborate virtually. It's easy to use and will save your teams a lot of time.

Mostly used for client presentations and proposals -- benefits would be efficiency and saves time. Before using Jive, I would have to collect content from the team and add it to the document myself to maintain version control. So many emails would fly around that it would be easy to miss a few edits. Using Jive has allowed everyone to add their content to the same documents, so there are no version controls issues.

Jive review by User

"Project Managerment and IT processes made agile using JIVE collaboration platform and add-in"

What do you like best?

All discussion for a topic on same thread

What do you dislike?

@mention feature is bit slow and heavy which discourages users and people are tempted to switch back to outlook emails or to participate in the discussion without mentioning who the point is for

N number of emails reduced to 1 thread reducing unnecessary distractions when people copy you even if it is not needed. If you are interested or needed then you can pick the relevant thread and add value on that particular discussion

"Cluttered and confusing"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of Jive is that you can find most everything in one place and have company wide discussions about topics, documents, projects, etc. It can be both a storage and project management tool.

What do you dislike?

The UI is so confusing and terribly difficult to navigate. There is so much going on, it's hard to figure out how to use the right part of the platform. It's not intuitive at all and requires a lot of hand holding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heavily consider whether the complex functionality is really what you need. Figure out what problems you're trying to solve and research other, simpler solutions first.

It's a much better way to reach a large audience about something and have a discussion about it. It's also much easier to surface important events, documents and resources and see who's participating in the conversation.

"Corporate social media"

What do you like best?

My company uses jive-n to give updates on newsletters, team challenges and information from our different corporate committees. It reminds me of a corporate Facebook with more privacy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little challenging to navigate through the pages when I am looking for information, but I do like that once you find what your looking for it stays in your recents view

We are able to post more information for projects, company newsletters and trends and forecasts. Each department has its own page and stream of information

Jive review by <span>Eva H.</span>
Eva H.

"Quickly becoming the most popular way to share information within the company"

What do you like best?

1. Jive employee social collaboration is putting an end to maintaining endless Outlook mailing lists and keeping track of adding/removing users from them or changing owners, or even trying to remember what is the correct name of the mailing list you need to use. That is all gone with Jive (employee social collaboration software). Now, departments, groups, people, have a Jive page, similar to a Facebook page, where they can share information with others. Those who are interested to receive the information can Follow the department, group, or person to get notifications, or simply visit their wall from time to time and read the news as needed.

2. Jive Notifications - I like receiving notifications of content I am following on my Inbox (Outlook). I can chose what I get notifications for and how often. This way I am in complete control of the amount and type of information I receive. I can quickly scan the email I receive with all of the headlines that concern me. If I want, I can follow each link directly to the original post and read more, if not, I just delete the email and move on.

3. Features such ad groups, polls, featured content, etc. Jive allows you to set up a visually pleasing wall of information which makes it easier for readers to consume the information. Like the different widgets you can set up and move around to fit your audience's needs. The polls are also great. The software is pretty easy to use once you have had an overview.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any specific things I would say I "dislike" about the software. The reason it took us a little to adopt it more widely is because some users were not used to social media and so it was a learning curve and a culture shift to learn to communicate using this type of tool. Users who actively use social media outside of work will have no problem learning and adopting the tool very quickly. Those who do not use social media outside of work, have a bigger learning curve and we saw quite a bit of resistance to adoption. Eventually these users too were attracted by the large amount of valuable information within the tool and the ease of asking for help and getting answers to your questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Be patient with your users who are not using social media outside of work. They will resist the change and the adoption of the tool. Give them some time, and make interaction with the software fun, not mandatory at first to ease them into social media. It is a big change in the way they are used to communicate and they need time to adjust (at least 1 year)

2. Offer training sessions during adoption and for some time after. Offer incentive for people to post and respond to questions (gift cards, etc.) It really helps people explore the new way of communicating.

3. Get your managers and directors using the software very actively. It will attract a large user base very quickly. They can also provide help to their employees.

1. Saved a ton of time previously spent on maintaining mailing lists. Increased accuracy of the right information reaching the right people at the right time. - Maintaining Outlook mailing lists was a huge issue. Our company has probably hundreds or thousands of mailing lists and figuring which one to sent to or figuring out how to get yourself added or removed to one was a huge problem. Maintaining the lists as far as admins and adding subscription to the information sources and also setting the frequency and detail of communications, mailing lists removing members took a lot of time as well and was not very effective. People were always receiving things they didn't want or not receiving the info they needed. By allowing information consumers to manage their own are becoming more and more rarely used in favor of using Jive.

2. Information is more easily consumable via the Jive user interface compared to email in general. The widget allow you to compartmentalize information for easy browsing, while Featured Content points out what's more important now. Much better than 5 paragraphs of info in an email.

3. People share information more - because it is so easy to ask and answer questions and to receive responses so quickly, people are sharing more information with others than ever before. Information that previously lived in one person's mind and it was nearly impossible to know who that person is or get time on their calendar, is now flowing freely on demand. People enjoy sharing their knowledge online and it helps those in need very quickly.

Jive review by <span>Corinda B.</span>
Corinda B.

"Jive"

What do you like best?

Integrations work well with other applications, Jive is the platform we use for our company "facebook" and customer portal.

What do you dislike?

n/a Integrations work well with other applications but not good for document storage//distribution

connecting with employees and our different software. Jive is the platform we use for our company "facebook" and customer portal.

Jive review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"I jive with Jive!"

What do you like best?

I like the multiple social functionalities that are captured throughout the whole application. There are many ways to adapt a "social" community piece that is engaging and fun.

What do you dislike?

The multiple updates can be frustrating as they impact some basic functionalities which may seem like a small issue, but when a user is accustomed to interacting with the app a certain way, even a small change can have an impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to communicate to your users prior to updates! Giving them as much of a heads up as you can will ease any changes. There is a beta site that you can use to review any updates prior to so you can clearly communicate them to your users.

Creating knowledge bases and defining social and community impacts within various user groups. I've realized that the app can be customizable based on a client's needs.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A Fun Experience but there are Tradeoffs"

What do you like best?

Easy to find materials. Acts as a repository of information from past and current employees

What do you dislike?

Files and Documents not manageable like you might expect from a Windows experience. You may never know if the document you find is current or even official without a lot of work in your organization to set rules

We collaborate across multiple countries. Most frequently I can identify a network software issue but checking the IT page which will confirm other users are experiencing the same thing

Jive review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Jive is a great tool but be prepared to ramp up"

What do you like best?

The jive spaces and groups are great way to set up both long-term and ad hoc collaboration spaces. The search is different from other sites but offers so many ways to find information. It's a pretty easy tool once you get to know how it works but it does take some ramping up time.

What do you dislike?

It's not always intuitive. I think people go into it thinking "I should be able to figure this out. I didn't have to take training to learn how to use Facebook." and that doesn't turn out to be the case. People need hand holding and on demand support for how to do key tasks.

Being a global company, it's hard to communicate to a large group of people unless you are higher in the company. We can get the message out to anyone interested.

Jive review by <span>Andrew M.</span>
Andrew M.

"Good, could be Great"

What do you like best?

I love how Jive brings our company closer together. We have two offices on separate coasts and many remote workers. Our Admin created a "Culture" space on Jive where we can interact with coworkers we rarely see or work with

Having all internal documentation in one place is a big plus as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little clunky. A lot of times, we aren't sure where a link or document is posted, what "space" it is in. There are a lot of seemingly unnecessary spaces, places, pages, etc.

I would prefer a cleaner, simpler design

A great tool for sharing knowledge, internal documentation, and promoting company culture.

Jive review by <span>Jen O.</span>
Jen O.

"Jive-n"

What do you like best?

This is a very good social network to have within the company. It is like facebook for your organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to navigate and to find certain topics that you are looking for when you have a specific topic you are looking up. Could be a little easier to navigate

We use it to post the topics coming up in the company and to use it as a social network and centralized area for the whole company to use.

Jive review by <span>Katjana G.</span>
Katjana G.

"Client Success Specialist "

What do you like best?

Jive's setup/basic structure feels familiar, like facebook or other social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

I think the news feed area is unorganized. I feel like posts get lost in the clutter and important information get's pushed around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better organization of the feed. Having groups or events would help keep all posts for one event in one place. Grouping would help with the searching and digging for old posts issue.

It builds an online community within our office but it still feels like there is too much junk on my feed.

Jive review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Facebook for Businesses"

What do you like best?

The best feature Jive offers is a directory of all employees with some information about each one (email, title, department, etc). The spaces are also useful as a wiki of sorts.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big fan of how slow the web interface is, and the navigation can be very confusing. I don't see much of a point to the social features of Jive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive does not offer much functionality that other solutions like Confluence do not. It is also not anywhere near as extensible as other wiki solutions. It does have more social aspects though, if you are interested in that.

Jive is used in our organization as a way for employees to connect with each other, even when they are in diverse locations. Certain corporate overhead departments like HR also use it for its wiki/information sharing capabilities as well.

Jive review by <span>Abdiel Q.</span>
Abdiel Q.

"Workflow in Sales Reps Office"

What do you like best?

Compared to other systems jive collaboration has allowed us to share internal processes with better speed, abundant way to relate reports workflow with our headquarters in New York, US.

We can bring our office to home, holidays and activities outside the main office. There is no other way to control the timing of activities per employee.

What do you dislike?

In mobile versions I think it is not easy to access the main menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendaria usar todas las funcionales que permite la aplicación para explotar todas sus funcionalidades.

Controlling the mobile office from one place to another without worrying about maintaining a relationship in the physical office of my company.

Jive review by <span>Donald H.</span>
Donald H.

"Not a fan, no JIVE"

What do you like best?

Site being like LinkedIn and doc storage

What do you dislike?

Not easy to use and confusing, unmanageable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find an easier to use solution. This one was hard to manage and users found it difficult to use.

We were trying to solve the issue of documents in a central location and a way for our employees to be more engaged with each other. It was our internal attempt to having an in-house social media platform that bridged the gap with collaborations.

Jive review by <span>angie r.</span>
angie r.

"i have a positive attitdue "

What do you like best?

i like that it reaches a wide area of social networking in one place like collaboration software, community software, and social applications. Key user tools and functionality include online communities, microblogging, social networking,thats easy to use and follow.

What do you dislike?

the only thing i really dont like is not enough updates for the soft wear at this time. i feel they could get new fresh content and be up todate with other softwear out their. a lttle slow to the times. just as any other a lot of other social tools, without the right organizational structure and roles supporting and managing the tool, it wont work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy to use with a blo spot to help when needed.

to use to reach the areas we need to reach all at one time is a great thing to have.

Jive review by <span>Janelle B.</span>
Janelle B.

"Great way to connect with employees!"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to share documents with employees from other offices. It also helps to put a face to a name when you work with people remotely, but have never met them.

What do you dislike?

It is not very user friendly. The way you have to upload documents and share documents, can get quite confusing.

We are solving communication problems. Jive really gives you no reason to NOT communicate and interact with employees all over the world.

Jive review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"GlobalNet/Jive is a Helpful Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

Our firm uses Jive to post and share questions and information with the rest of the firm and specific groups.

What do you dislike?

However, our firm is large and sometimes it's hard to find the right information in Jive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive is a great collaboration tool.

We are solving the business problem of lack of collaboration and transparency. We are now able to see what is going on in other divisions and ask questions.

Jive review by User in Higher Education

"9/10"

What do you like best?

The One of the best features of Renee File Protector is it helps you recover your passwords so you aren’t ever completely locked out from accessing your encrypted files. It secures your data using

What do you dislike?

mSpy has several different web monitoring solutions available depending on the device you have and what you want to monitor. For mobile devices, mSpy has two versions, one that requires you to jailbr

Recommendations to others considering the product

okay?okay

Mobicip is a handy monitoring program that is compatible with so many devices. In addition to Windows and Mac computers, Mobicip works on Kindles, Chromebooks and Nook tablets. It also monitors iOS an

Jive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Jive- Pushing is further"

What do you like best?

I really like how jive enables customers, partners and employees work better together. Jive really helps to increase productivity systems wide.

What do you dislike?

One thing i really dislike about jive is the cost of the product. All though it is saving our company a great deal of money, i'd still wish that it was a bit cheaper. We have to save everywhere we can.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An overall great product that will meet all of your companies needs.

The major problem that Jive is solving for us is when it come to communication. Because of jive we're all able to communicate seamlessly between customers, partners and employees around the glob.e

Jive review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Jive strikes a great balance between work intranet and collaboration platform"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, very mobile friendly, and most of the time just works properly, unlike many other tools.

What do you dislike?

The admin interface is very outdated and clunky, with far too many levels of abstraction for permission levels.

Communication via an employee driven Community had allowed us to support each other through sharing ideas and processes needed to support our customers.

Jive review by <span>Eugene R.</span>
Eugene R.

"Great tool that allows multiple users to modify and update office documents at the same time"

What do you like best?

Great tool that allows multiple users to modify and update office documents at the same time.

Our department uses Jive for Word and Excel. We used to send an email to each person in the group since there was no way to work on the document simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times. This can be due to our server or the number of people modifying the doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it during the trial to see if it meets your needs.

Easier to work on documents within the group.

Jive review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Jive "

What do you like best?

Jive is a very useful collaborative tool for networking with other BMW Geniuses. I'm not sure what more you need me to add.

What do you dislike?

At this time there is nothing that I dislike about the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very convenient. It's required for us.

Finding answer to questions about products by being able to reach the population of others in my role around the globe quickly.

Jive review by User in Internet

"A Collaboration tool with a few kinks"

What do you like best?

The ability to create spaces and places to organize conversations can be incredibly beneficial to a growing team.

What do you dislike?

Convoluted work flows, the lack of insight into all spaces and the ability to lose things make it a difficult tool to use. The phrase "It's in Jive" can cause a giant eye roll and a collective sigh because it was so difficult to locate important information if there wasn't a single admin organizing everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximize adoption by designating an admin who can train employees on how to use it properly. Make sure they are following the correct spaces to get all relevant updates.

Team collaboration and cross-departmentall organization is so beneficial for growing teams. Plus the ability to send updates and internal communications is very useful

Jive review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"My Experience with Jive"

What do you like best?

Jive features a beautiful and intuitive UI that allows for simple collaboration. The product features easily customizable templates. Jive is easily the best platform in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Outlook Connect application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patience. Many users have not utilized social media in a personal environment. For those users, it will take time for them to learn and adopt Jive. Jive is a disruptive (in a positive way) change in how organizations traditionally communication. Consider offering training sessions throughout the adoption phase as well as refresher courses.

The Jive UI makes large amounts of information more easily consumable, saving myself and my colleagues a ton of time previously spent on sorting through email and searching for information. Jive Streamlined our internal communications through social collaboration.

Jive review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Simple and effective intranet tool"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Jive N

Allowing everyone to use it with no issues at all

Even down to creating content

What do you dislike?

Don't have a bad word to say about Jive, truly is a beautiful product

Jive has given us the simplicity to allow staff to share various information under one single "roof", ranging from business critical info down to humorous content we find during our day to day jobs.

Working across multiple offices, jive has given the staff the ability to easily communicate

Jive review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

This allows your workplace to have a social media-like community for sharing knowledge. It's great.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is that there is no filter for wrong information. But we have moderators to regulate it the best they can.

Allowing different work groups to come together is still our issues with communication across departments. Here we have access to everyone.

Jive review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Just a regular user"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and that the platform helps us to communicate our ideas more effectively.

What do you dislike?

Mostly, the interface of the Android mobile application. I think it could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to be in communication with the company's inner community.

Mostly, to have the opportunity to solve problems with the help of other coworkers that may add their experience to the topics posted.

Jive review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

"Looks too much like a corporate intranet"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create different types of subpages and organize them by department (our use case).

What do you dislike?

The lackluster design made it look long in the tooth and uninteresting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful but would be best for a more mature, corporate workforce.

It was good for a company intranet for a while, but it just isn't engaging enough as a collaboration engine.

Jive review by <span>Jeff H.</span>
Jeff H.

"Jive from a developer point-of-view"

What do you like best?

Jive provides a highly extensible platform for developing a community based website. With the right know how, the Jive platform can be significantly transformed, and its out-of-the-box experience is highly robust.

What do you dislike?

Jive's push towards its cloud platform (understandably) has limited the amount of customization possible. If customization is desired, you'll be more interested in its hosted packages.

Formerly, I worked for an agency that provided Jive customization services. We did a large number of highly customized implementations for clients big and small.

Jive review by <span>Curtis C.</span>
Curtis C.

"Jive is a great out of the box community platform"

What do you like best?

Out of the box, Jive features a nice UI that is user friendly and professionally designed. It does not appear overly bland, as may be the case with other default community platform installs. The theme is easy to customize, or Jive can work with you to create a professionally designed custom theme. Jive has put a lot of thought into the user experience as well -- the platform is easy to use by end users, as well as being easy to administer.

What do you dislike?

Jive delivers a good value, but cost can introduce challenges if for example your organization has thousands of users and you are charged on a per user basis. There is also no mass user import functionality out of the box, but users can be imported through their API. Some features required customization and third party utilities, but core community functionality was met out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least worth a trial and cost/benefit analysis. Jive has worked for many enterprise companies and offers a good value.

If self service is a goal (i.e. end users can find answers to their own questions, or other community members help answer their questions), Jive is an excellent platform for minimizing phone/email support queries. Jive provides a nice TCO, because it does not require internal resources to maintain hardware, upgrade community software, etc. Jive also operates in a very secure environment, which is good for meeting standard security/compliance requirements.

Jive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the best way to be connected with colleagues"

What do you like best?

It keeps the employees connected, i like how different departments can have different jive pages (just like facebook) and can share information related to there departments with others.

What do you dislike?

Customer care support takes too much time to respond, the interface looks old, call recording needs additional storage and the most important is you have to pay for the mobile app, its not a part of the initial plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth a try. My company is still in evaluation stage. I know friends working for other companies who are using jive and they say it adds good value.

Better collaboration and connectivity across departments. Using jive helped everyone reduce the time they spent on phone/email queries l.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Jive is a capable program for sharing and collaborating files."

What do you like best?

I like that multiple people can be in a given file at one time, and you are aware who else is editing the file.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike, it's just a little slow on updating larger files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to others, especially those working across sites.

We are solving the business problems of working across locations and not needing to worry about where the files are located. We're more productive because we don't need to email to see whether people have recently updated files, we can see the history right in the file.

Jive review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cool Collaboration and Great knowledge management for team"

What do you like best?

I use jive a lot, i have more than 500 documents uploaded and to search later its very easy

created groups , pages for my team. it really helps them check docs when they need it at ease of the click

What do you dislike?

more features needed to make the pages more creative

Recommendations to others considering the product

great tool to collaborate with teams

it helps to quickly get documents needed for business

Jive review by <span>Alicia A.</span>
Alicia A.

"Wonderful resource and social platform for a global organization"

What do you like best?

It brings our various locations together for social interaction as well as corporate messages.

What do you dislike?

A little bit of a learning curve for users and getting users to dive into the product takes some pushing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great communication tool for both business and social related projects. A great platform for collaboration between groups/teams that are in different locations.

Helping facilitate communication across different teams and locations in the organization.

Jive review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"COMBINES ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED IN ONE"

What do you like best?

I love that this can be used in so many different departments. We are able to bring everyone together using JIVE-N. This has saved us so much money and have eliminated numerous other systems that we were using before JIVE.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about it. Even the cost is covered! It pays for itself by saving you money in every other area of you business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is so helpful not just on the business end, it gives your employees the ability to access other people and communicate with them. It also allows them to access information that they need to do their jobs.

I am solving all of our problems. This system work with all our our departments, including sales, human resources, it and marketing. Every level of employee is able to access all the information they need as well as others using the system.

Jive review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"One Stop Shop"

What do you like best?

That everything that you need to complete your work is in one place. It's easy to use. It works with other tools.

What do you dislike?

I don't use it enough to dislike anything about it as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for any company to have. It makes life easier for the employees. This product is mobile and easy to use.

It's easy for companies to set up no matter the size of the company. Everything is in one location. So, that makes it really easy to use.

Jive review by User in Internet

"Internal team builder emulating social networks"

What do you like best?

The features were robust for Jive. It was used much like a social network for internal company communications. The gamified points setup helped incentivize action, especially around using Jive. The commenting and handling of images features met expectations.

What do you dislike?

There were no major complaints on how Jive functioned. It processed images, links and surveys well and presented the results in an attractive manor.

The aim of Jive was to have an internal social network. There was an initial spike in use, but that trailed off after the push for using Jive faded. Once it was rolled out, a lot of people took conversations to Jive and it built some community elements. It also housed a lot of internal company communications, saving time from emailing HR or company reps.

Jive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for Collaboration, But Does Not Scale Well"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for sharing information and finding information. It helps to record information that in the past, would have been lost in email. It helps to make information more transparent.

What do you dislike?

The platform doesn't scale well. Things can get lost when too many communities get created. I'm getting too many notifications because I'm following too many communities. And the searching capabilities are not the best when there's too much information inside of Jive. Also, Jive doesn't manage documents/attachments well. There's no file explorer/file system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's great, but there are some scalability issues for larger organizations. If you adopt, you must get executive buy-in. They must use the platform to build the culture of sharing information and collaborating.

I'm trying to be transparent and share information across the workplace. It's a great tool to share information with people I would not have in the past. However, adoption is slow, mostly because of culture. Some people still do email instead of sharing information on Jive.

Jive review by <span>Juan B B.</span>
Juan B B.

"One of the most popular platform"

What do you like best?

Jive stands out from others.It allows us to set up call rules such as ringing all the phones in a group simultaneously or a hierarchy to sequentially ring different numbers until someone finally picked up. I am able to have a personal cell phone ring if someone called the correct extension.Jive also offers detailed access-control tools.

What do you dislike?

Jive is not integrating well with other business processes.

Also there exists problems in customer support and no voicemail to email service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found the explanations and clarity of use to be of the best I have experienced!

It saved the business 25% on the bill. Not so many issues with quality. The system is easy to set up and use and allows us to offer a professional phone system for a great price.

Jive review by <span>Tuan T.</span>
Tuan T.

"Getting into Jive"

What do you like best?

Multiple people can contribute to Jive. It is like Google Drive and Wordpress in one.

What do you dislike?

The writing tool can do more work. Wish we could copy/paste images directly into the text box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not bad. Imagine a bunch of people sharing an Evernote account.

Documentation. We moved onto Jive from Twiki.

Jive review by <span>Josh S.</span>
Josh S.

"Jive provides a smooth integration across MS suites "

What do you like best?

I use jive to publish updates to SharePoint on a regular basis. The integration is nearly perfect!

What do you dislike?

None that I have been able to find. Again this is a seamless process.

Streamlining processes

"Jive review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, and the collaborative nature of the product. It is really easy to login and find what you need.

What do you dislike?

The redundancy of the tool. I feel like most corp communication goes through Slack these days, and I only turn to Jive a couple times a week at most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all of your tools, and assess if Jive is really filling a gap.

Good repository for documents, and information about teams and team members.

"Jive-n"

What do you like best?

Colorful and easy to use interface, customized widgets, ability to personalize content and feeds, departments/orgs can have their own pages. Nice home page to open up every morning.

What do you dislike?

Old content can become difficult to access/track, search bar functionality is limited. Uploading/downloading large files can be a painful/slow process, as well as version control issues. Product doesn't seem to be leveraged to its full ability, but could just be company preference.

One centralized location for all business-related communications, announcements, etc. Quick and easy way to organize a lot of department-specific activities/communications and make a lot of information known quickly to new individuals.

Jive review by <span>Ravi D.</span>
Ravi D.

"Good interface - use it for employee communities"

What do you like best?

Have used it several times at work. Good user interface. Very user friendly tool. Use it for Employee communities

What do you dislike?

No cons. Have been using daily at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should definitely give it a try. Good platform for engaging employees and posting internal documents/useful info

Use it for Employee communities. Employees post articles/documents

Jive review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"A good collaboration and connection tool !!"

What do you like best?

The best part is the ease to connect and collaborate with our colleagues at workplace. Its also provides notifications for collaborative spaces you are a part which helps in staying updated with latest discussions etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is difficult to navigate with

Recommendations to others considering the product

it might take to time to get use with jive but i think its worth-ed !!!

it helps in communication and discussion between teams and colleagues in offices at different locations.

Jive review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Jive "

What do you like best?

We currently use Jive at work, it is a great communication and collaboration tool that allows the whole company to collaborate and interact with projects, ideas and questions that may arise.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see more integration with our other systems such as salesforce.com and outlook to be able to get more use out of this tool. There could also be a bit more collaboration type tools to help with user adoption and increase the number of users using it today. If Jive can have more gamafication tools that will reward users for how much they use it and how they use it, it might engage people a little more to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into your main requirements and needs of the company

collaboration and key insights on issues, problems and ideas. We can also utilize this to track projects and work better. Jive is able to eliminate some of our other tools that we are currently using, allowing us to eliminate all of the other tools out there that we may be using.

Jive review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"great social network system"

What do you like best?

I loved how collaborative the application is. I also loved the layout and how easily things could be found and organized. I also loved the ability to connect on different settings like voice or video.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to use this without internet and maybe have a lower price for those not needing as much use for the application.

we are trying to find new platforms to communicate information to not only clients, but employees as well.

Jive review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Collaboratives dreams"

What do you like best?

Easy to use the dash board and find colleagues. I loved being able to work almost seamlessly with someone else on a project

What do you dislike?

The mobile app was a bit difficult to navigate and you had to know exactly who you needed to answer a question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to get up and going but can take time to learn.

An easy means to work with others and quick search of documents. Makes it easy to see flow of communication on a project

Jive review by Agency in Computer Games
Agency in Computer Games

"could use some improvememts"

What do you like best?

The mobile app support is very handy. Travel is part of my job, and being able to access everything on-the-go is invaluable to me and my team.

What do you dislike?

The user interface. It's very busy looking and can be confusing, especially to new users. My employees new to the software feel intimidated by the clutter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try the trial before you commit to any paid plan. The UI is not for everyone.

It makes it easier for my team to communicate on different projects. This allows us to discuss different projects without having them all jumbled together.

Jive review by <span>ANKIT A.</span>
ANKIT A.

"Jive in action"

What do you like best?

easy to use and share within closed group

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such right now but there can improvements in html enriched formatting of content

Recommendations to others considering the product

its good and easy to use software

document creation and sharing , quick and easy start and share with team

Jive review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"The good and the could be better"

What do you like best?

The ability to personalize and brand this platform is by far the best feature. Employees feel at home.

What do you dislike?

Getting people to add one more thing to their already full social/email data is tough. And dealing with the change curve for folks that prefer their old way of doing things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have leadership sponsor and content drivers. This demands user use in a way that other content cannot.

We need a one stop shop for communication and collaboration. This platform has also been an surprise in the way it allows for public recognition and that has happened without prompting.

Jive review by <span>Logan P.</span>
Logan P.

"Highly Effecient Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Jive allowed me to quickly connect with other members of my team to streamline communications.

What do you dislike?

I disliked some portions of the user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to use Jive to understand the features and applicAtions.

I am solving the bottleneck that is often the exchange of information.

Learn more about Jive-n

Jive-n Videos

Learning about Jive-n?

* We monitor all Jive-n reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.