JMP

JMP combines powerful statistics with dynamic graphics, in memory and on the desktop. Its interactive and visual paradigm enables JMP to reveal insights that are impossible to gain from raw tables of numbers or static graphs.

Work for JMP?
Clicdata 2x

Learning about JMP?

JMP Reviews

Showing 25 JMP reviews
JMP review by User in Higher Education
Validated Review
What do you like best?

If you're not an R user and want a point and click stats interface, JMP is easy to use and has a massive array of functions. I find that JMP is almost always the fastest way to get a quick answer for a statistical test, run lots of tests or easily summarize my data.

What do you dislike?

You do tend to end up with a situation where there are hundreds of windows open at once- an inline sequence like R would be appreciated. Also I wish I could do all my graphing in JMP to rather than having to export to a second program, but the flexibility and quality isn't high enough for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Individual licenses are very expensive- this is only a good option if you have site or department-wide license. Good for quick stats and the R-averse bioscientist!

For quick and easy stats, and easy manipulation of small-medium datasets, I would recommend. Great range of analytical options for life sciences type data

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JMP
JMP review by User

JMP is fairly user friendly

Validated Review
What do you like best?

JMP has good functionality and the interface is visually appealing and user friendly. The figures that are output from running tests can be altered in order to make them follow the rules of a specific journal or just to make it look the way that you want.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of discrepancy regarding what some tests are called in other software versus in JMP. When you change parameters in a test and use them calculate a statistic the software does not retain this setting when you next open the save test - it will never back to the default settings. Similar problems occur with changing figures, they will occasionally fail to retain all user-selected changes and thus you will need to redo them and resave - can be a bit of a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you struggle with code-based statistical software this might be easier for you to use. JMP even has little help tips next to every test or parameter you want to run so you can look up what they are and what they mean. There is also fairly good online help pages that give the user more assistance using it.

I am not using it to solve business problems, I use it to run statistics on my field data in order to present my results in scholarly journals

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

JMP review by <span>Abhinav G.</span>
Abhinav G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the flexibility which I get in try to play around with how many graph/calculation options I get to play around with my data.

What do you dislike?

The error finding capability for the software isn't very good. It takes a long time for me to find a error because JMP doesn't directly point out to the errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try reading through the manuals and have some basic programming skills. If you are real beginner with programming I would be cautious in jumping into it right away but once you get a hang of it, it is really beneficial.

I am using JMP to pull the data for my facilities system from a server and basically plot it over several days to give me trends for levels, flows, pressures etc and thus helps me easily track the health of my system through these indicators.

JMP review by <span>Derek B.</span>
Derek B.

JMP Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I think that JMP is another great software. While my organization does not use the software everyday or very often, when the software is in use it really makes our lives easier. The program is very efficient and allows for a great deal of organization to be in place.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the software is designed. The program is a bit tricky to get to learn how to use it but when you do begin to learn and understand the software, it becomes more simple. The usage of the software is not done everyday by myself or my colleagues but when we do the it, there are improvements in our overall productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JMP is a great software because it allows for each user to create and grow their own programming. The software is nice because each time you use it, the software begins to pick up your preferences and also can give the user more opportunity for growth within the software and each of the programming details available

N/A.. I do not use the software often but the software does allow for a great deal of organization and certainly does help companies that are using data analytics and other forms of information storage.

JMP review by User in Construction
User in Construction

Amazing platform for statistical analysis

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I would not know what I would do without JMP. I analyze all of my raw data through this platform. JMP takes out all the work and gives you your results. And you can analyze even further depending on your statistical background.

What do you dislike?

JMP can be quite difficult to understand if youre a first time user. I recommend inviting Dr. Thomas A. Little to teach your department the basics, as well as more advanced courses if your company can afford it. It helps a lot.

Ability to build DOEs through JMP has greatly impacted my work in a positive way.

JMP review by <span>Dhatheshvar C.</span>
Dhatheshvar C.

Amazing statistical software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is highly better than JMP with lot of add ons in case of anything variability and daily interpretation data.

Useful in presenting stat info when needed for upper management.

What do you dislike?

Just the user interface needs a bit of color and appearance

X bar , process capability

Learning about JMP?

* We monitor all JMP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.