Jobvite

Jobvite

4.0

Jobvite is a recruiting software platform includes applicant tracking, sourcing, social recruiting, employee referral, and recruiting analytics.

Work for Jobvite?

Learning about Jobvite?

Jobvite Reviews

Ask Jobvite a Question
Showing 261 Jobvite reviews
Jobvite review by Dhaval P.
Dhaval P.

"Good team to work with"

What do you like best?

Jobvite team is very talented and always responsive. Whenever we ask any questions or concerns, they always acknowledge in a day or so with proper justifications. I like their responsiveness and brief answering pattern for any concerns.

Jobvite is very easy to use except "Admin" section. There is a feature called "Custom fields", that can be improved with more advanced features.

API integration is best part of this tool, User can integrate Jobvite with any 3rd party website with very minimal time. Their documentation is also very detailed oriented.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific is disliking about this talented team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, APIs are easy to consume to integrate with 3rd party. Admin section can be improved more (Specifically custom fields)

I am working as a technical lead in my company. We are using Jobvite for our requisitions openings and will consume their APIs to get the job details on our website.

From the HR point of view, i have very limited use but while integrating the tool with our website, i have learnt many stuffs from the product.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jobvite
Jobvite review by Sarah D.
Sarah D.

"Jobvite Review"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of Jobvite- it's very easy to use on both the candidate and employer side. Jobvite is extremely easy to customize and they are very flexible with any add-ons that you want to include, especially with other companies. Additionally, I love that all of an applications for the company from a specific candidate can be viewed so you know what status they are in at any given time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that offers for a class of 10+ candidates is difficult in Jobvite, especially when each candidate requires a different budget line number. What I've started to do for any large classes that I am extending offers to is to simply use a different offer letter and send it through Jobvite to eliminate re-creating the whole offer letter for each candidate.

Jobvite is used as our ATS.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Jobvite review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"The ATS Benchmark"

What do you like best?

Jobvite is a world class applicant tracking system. It feels like it was designed by a recruiter, and processes make sense. Calendar integration makes life tremendously easier for the recruiter. There is a great deal of control available on the application that allows you to customize it to fit your internal processes. The flexibility is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to do a little more in the ad space as far as formatting with style sheets and other slightly more advanced HTML/CSS. Not everyone might have this skill or resource, but for those that do it could really be an advantage.

All of the needs around tracking applicants, managing interviews, feedback loops, and compliance. We're a little early in our roll out, but we will be realizing large gains in interview feedback and streamlined on-boarding very soon.

Jobvite review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Jobvite Review November 2018"

What do you like best?

The system is quite easy to navigate for new users.

I'm a big fan of the dashboard as it gives me a clear snapshot of what's going on with my reqs, interviews occurring, who I need to follow up with on feedback etc.

I also like how I can create frequent job pushes to my networks.

What do you dislike?

Working on the backend is not the easiest at times. I've had quite a bit of difficulty this year with one of the workflow steps, messaging and attachments, which I tirelessly tried to rectify but was unable to. I contacted support and didn't hear back from them for months.

The reporting feature can also be tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The initial individual that I chatted with was fine, but when it went to the investigation stage, there was silence for months. We were left with this problem for months without any solution.

It's an all-encompassing ATS for hiring for our company in all our locations. We use it to store all our candidate information, schedule, and generate offer letters.

Jobvite review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"The best platform to improve our company's hiring needs!"

What do you like best?

The communication with our direct contact has been amazing, They are always an email or a call away and respond very quickly to any of our concerns. I love that the platform can be customized to our needs. The best part is that there is a trail for every applicant. You can see when a candidate has received emails from us, when a hiring manager has reviewed them, their current status, and the positions the candidate has applied.

What do you dislike?

With the ability of the customization you can do comes a lot of work on your part. It is is great application system but building the system on the back end can be time consuming for two months and work. It takes dedication but once it's done it is a great system. I just wish it wasn't as complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product! You definitely need to dedicate your time to building the platform for your company and may be challenging at times trying to get the right thing, BUT it is worth it. Definitely have two or three people be a part of the implementation process in case someone leaves/backup. Our career site is looking amazing so far with the Branding part.

We are solving lots of business problems with Jobvite. We have had lots of technical difficulties with applicants not being able to submit their application online and when we call in for help they do not know what could be wrong and only offer a solution of using a different web browser. We are now able to schedule interviews online and have a trail of all communication and information of the applicant. All these are great benefits.

Jobvite review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"A Solid ATS!"

What do you like best?

I find Jobvite very easy to use. It provides me exactly what I need as a hiring manager, with ease of use. mobile app makes it easy to browse active candidates. Being able to share requisitions to social channels is great and takes almost no effort.

What do you dislike?

I find the mobile app is still lacking a bit. I am a heavy mobile person and wish I was able to do more. Example, browsing past candidates is not possible and is something that has come up before. I have wanted to look at a past candidate to see fi they may be relevant now for a coming position.

I use this purely as a hiring manager. Being able to post requisitions and browse candidates on the go helps we execute my hiring while I'm on the road.

Jobvite review by Anthony T P.
Anthony T P.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

How integrated everything is, ease of use, smooth operating platform, social media integration.

What do you dislike?

The way it pushes job ads out to job boards is not the best. They primarily use Jobtarget as a 3rd party service linked to Jobvite but should just dump them and go in-house or buy Jobtarget and make it as great as Jobvite!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask lots of questions and make sure you tell them everything about your needs and the way you operate to avoid implementation issues. They are a solid company, however, we had a special situation that they had a hard time finding the right solution for. A solution was found after several months of back and fourth and is now working great!

Organizing a global recruiting strategy/process for a 1,200 employee national company. The biggest benefit is creating applicant pools for each position in each region for each city and location as well as now having analytical data to show us what is really happening as a company in regards to our hiring process.

Jobvite review by Luke R.
Luke R.

"Not Intuitive Enough to Compete"

What do you like best?

Jobvite is a powerful tool that allows for collaboration and automation of the recruiting process. Once it's setup, it can save you a lot of time. Especially like that it captures email correspondence for. Overall seems to integrate well with calendars, email, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of it's features just seem to lack common sense design. Notes on a candidate can get saved in several different places, depending on whether they classify it as an evaluation, a note, a post, etc. Not every recruiter handles it the same way, so information can get scattered all over a record. Some info should be viewable on each tab, such as email. My biggest problem is the way they classify candidates and Reqs so differently, that it is hard to just view an open req and see everyone in process. Everything seems driven by pre-built queries, but once you open one query, you have to start the process over to look at another group. These are time wasting defects that remind me of online library catalogues from 15 years ago. Their competitors have figured this out, so I'm not sure why they haven't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several better ATS Systems out there that are just as powerful, and much more intuitive.

Automated recruiting processes and capturing feedback. Less of a burden on the recruiting team for dealing with scheduling, standard email contacts, managing applications, etc. No duplication of efforts as most info is captured directly by the system.

Jobvite review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Jobvite Review"

What do you like best?

Jobvite has a great user interface and easy to navigate pages. The do a great job at organizing information and making the recruitment process easier. They also have 24/7 support, which is a market differentiation. Overall, Jobvite has a great platform and will grow to be a leader soon enough.

What do you dislike?

Their reporting needs to get better at being more customized and user roles need to be easier to provide. Also, more support on their Engage products would be better. Still, much better than that competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that all stakeholders are involved in the implementation portion of the system.

We are currently using the system to make hiring easier for job managers and everyone involved. We are also solving our time to hire problem by utilizing the tools they have to make the process seamless.

Jobvite review by Magen C.
Magen C.

"When Jobvite functions as it should, it is excellent for what we need. "

What do you like best?

We have a slightly different process from the typical corporate recruiting model. Jobvite allows us to customize and configure workflows and it is the only ATS that we have found that allows us to do that. We didn't have to adapt our process too much to the tool. The tool is flexible enough to allow for creative process and thought.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't work. New features are added and the testing doesn't seem to be thorough enough before roll out and it causes things to break.

We contact a lot of people and we love that we can track all touch points. It's one tool that allows us to store and track all of our recruiting activities.

Jobvite review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Couldn't be happier!"

What do you like best?

Jobvite listens. They say they care - and they actually do. They actually implement - on a reasonable timeline - system improvements that their clients need.

What do you dislike?

This is hard to say. The system is intuitive, which means the HR team doesn't have to invest a lot of time in training hiring managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll have a great experience. The Jobvite implementation team takes great care of their customers, making sure you're able to use the product as you intend. You're transitioned well to the customer care side of their business - where they really do care to help your recruiting team be successful. I truly believe Jobvite is in the business of helping our business succeed.

We've increased the number of applications and streamlined our recruiting process. We reach more prospective candidates - and to have our application count increase by 25% in a tight labor market is a big deal.

Jobvite review by Jane K.
Jane K.

"JobVite is a great ATS system, we implemented it last year Oct 2017 from our legacy system"

What do you like best?

Calendar integrations for scheduling candidate interviews, features like pushing out JobVites to all our social sites automatically when a job gets posted, pushing out jobs to the free sites and integration with Dice. Also - the customer service - support line is fantastic. The customer service with any issues is thorough, the people are friendly, patient and knowledgeable about their product, i.e JobVite!

What do you dislike?

The Admin "Super User" is great, but the functionalities within the system can be very confusing when it comes to customizing or making configuration changes.

Plus the reporting function is very very confusing - for any reports. I have tried several times to create custom reports. It's just not user friendly and has too many boxes - like = > < for dates, etc. I don't remember math from 4th grade! Maybe it's just me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When doing the initial implementation - make sure you have a technical person involved and not just the main users of the ATS - to create the best paths, configurations for your process.

1) Business Problem: time-consuming scheduling interviews back and forth with people, it can all be done within the system, saving time cutting and pasting candidate and HM conversations/documentation.

2) The evaluation forms helped us solve the business problem of getting the HMs to give us feedback after the interview.

Jobvite review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Jobvite is a Breath of Fresh Air"

What do you like best?

* We came from a horrible ATS, so Jobvite has really been a breath of fresh air to us.

* Very easy to navigate

* User friendly and intuitive

* Quickest implementation I've personally experienced in an ATS (< 1 month for us)

* Innovative products and feature updates monthly. I actually look forward to the beginning of each month when new features are implemented.

* Monthly product release webinars with two awesome trainers. I met them at a Jobvite conference, so it's fun to attend these webinars and know exactly who I'm listening to.

* Interactive help easily accessed with just a click of a mouse.

* Ability to chat with Tech Support when needed.

* Mobile Friendly.

* And so much more!

What do you dislike?

* I wish there was HTML editing on communication templates so we could brand and insert links, but I hear that's coming this year.

* The mobile app seems very basic. I'm hoping that more functionality will be coming soon to the app to mirror more what my experience using their web based system.

* The field for editing the job description on the requisition is very small. It would be nice if it were expanded more than a little square.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Jobvite is a very competitive ATS on the market today. We're really happy that we made the switch to Jobvite.

* We were previously using several systems. Jobvite had all packaged in one.

* We needed a more mobile friendly career site. Jobvite was our solution.

* We needed a user friendly ATS that our managers could use. Jobvite alleviated the stress and frustrations our hiring team previously experienced with our old ATS.

Jobvite review by Administrator

"Awesome capabilities. Not intuitive for setting up."

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use and follow as a user. The communication functionality internally and externally is great. The customer service is great.

What do you dislike?

Getting it setup is not easy. I am having to redo our workflows and it is not intuitive to do at all. The new reporting is ok, but again, difficult to set up. Blind postings is not an option which we need frequently. There is no way to track cost per hire. Careers page set up is horrible (people can't even see all of our current open reqs).

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Setup is difficult (especially if you are trying to make changes)

2. Social sharing options with publisher is great if you can get people to use it..

3. Jobvite Engage is great if you have someone that can dedicate the time to learn how to use it.

Recruiting for multiple hiring managers across many markets for positions related to property management.

Jobvite review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"Great Applicant Tracking System!"

What do you like best?

I think that JobVite's customer service is exceptional. I appreciate that they typically respond very quickly and then send you surveys afterwards to track how efficient their support system is. I also like how their Engage system works so I can reach out to my LinkedIn community so easily that I don't even have to think about it!

What do you dislike?

I think that there are some limitations, which I know they are working on. I have had some difficulties with their Reports section and think that this could be more user friendly and improved upon.

JobVite is great for applicant tracking, posting jobs, and also advertising jobs through their Engage platform.

Jobvite review by Stuart S.
Stuart S.

"Best ATS that I've ever used "

What do you like best?

I haven't gone through much formal training with Jobvite because I came into a company with tons of vacant positions and Jobvite was already implemented. I learned on the fly in less than a day. I lean on their support probably more than I should, but the customer support I receive always blows me away. For example, my last dealing with their support team was to pull some 2016 data that wasn't on their standard reports. I entered a ticket on Friday afternoon and was surprised to see receive a response on a Sunday with the information that I needed which allowed present the information Monday morning ahead of schedule.

What do you dislike?

Posting jobs to multiple job boards from Jobvite is not working out as expected.

Communication with hiring managers through the jobvite system is really easy. Jobvite is our system of record and it's easy to see any historic data when we re-visit a candidate who we previously interviewed or spoke with.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"Best ATS I've used in years!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the all-in-one capability. What I mean by that is being able to schedule interviews and communicate with applicants and manager via the system. The last ATS we used it was so hard to configure all of that and it was hard to track the information each candidate, but Jobvite has made it so easy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the complexity of setting up the interview templates. I would find it much easy if we were able to edit it freely. I've had to do some training to other admins and I feel that this is the hardest part to explain/train on.

Mostly scheduling, communication, and transparency. We have Jobvite set up with our Google Calendars, so it syncs very well. Communication with managers on candidate activity has improved. I think we have benefited a lot from the transparency of the system. Managers are able to see candidates and evals, which makes our process much smoother.

Jobvite review by Casandra J.
Casandra J.

"Excellent system for ATS and sourcing"

What do you like best?

Easy to use in general. The dashboard is great and the collection of content on the candidates pages is just what we need.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see more ability to customize evaluations and a better mobile experience. It would be nice to have a better way to house information we only want some people on our team to see, such as compensation information. Right now, it's a hidden field for anyone other than admins but that is just a work around. It'd be better to have it as a section of the candidate page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system that is easy to use. The price is reasonable. If you don't need a super system, which is really more right for larger companies, then this might be perfect.

We needed a way to collect our candidates AND be able to report on our work. Our previous platform didn't have reporting capabilities outside the canned reports, which were insufficient for us. We also needed better workflows for our team. We aren't a "normal" recruiting team because we use all our employees to conduct interviews and hiring is a collaborative process. We now are able to run reports and hand off candidates well between interviewers over time.

Jobvite review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"User friendly and easy to use"

What do you like best?

That I can send bulk messages, auto reject candidates who don't match the requirements, use publisher to increase employer branding and job marketing with 800 internal employees.

What do you dislike?

The reporting that we've saved sometimes screws up and Jobvite takes weeks to repair them :'(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mainly - use publisher, and use the preliminary questions to reject irrelevant candidates so the recruiters and Hiring Managers are spending their time going through most relevant candidates

Mainly reporting recruitment analytics. Using Jobvite to find out what are recruitment time is, what are our best avenues of Job Marketing, where should we spend more money on, which Hiring Manager is most involved with recruitment, etc.

Jobvite review by Nadia A.
Nadia A.

"Jobvite - ATS Review"

What do you like best?

Usability and customization. The ats is incredibly easy to use and requires minimal training. It's also incredibly customizeable. I can program standard interview questions for each requisition my HMs can access via the evaluation link. Helps to demonstrate fair hiring.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search feature was a little more built out. I'd like to be able to search for candidates using multiple collections. For example, I would love to pull all candidates who have the 'Entry Level' and 'Account Managment' tag.

Trying to keep a network of talent. With jobvite collections, I'm able to access a list of qualified candidates easily and maintain relationships with them.

Jobvite review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"A Connected ATS"

What do you like best?

The feature that allows you to see candidate's LinkedIn page directly from JobVIte is incredibly time saving. It is great to also know immediately from LinkedIn if a candidate is already in JobVite. Saves time and I no longer have to keep multiple tabs open while searching.

What do you dislike?

There is a delay with LinkedIn pairing to JobVite. Also a delay if working from LinkedIn... the "In JobVite" feature often takes time to appear. We should have a way of using different screening evaluations for different stages in our interview process. My technical screener questionaire should not be the same as my recruiter questionaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple remote jobs, may want to rethink. If you have multiple roles that are similar and social media helos recruit, definitely use! JobVite does not currently have a way to differentiate your evaluations. I.E. if you have evaluations that are specific to each stage (if your technical screening evaluation to look different from recruiter screening).

Repetative candidate look ups, which saves us itme

Jobvite review by Maggie M.
Maggie M.

"Jobvite is Da Bomb"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Jobvite is the way it makes me look like a Rockstar Recruiter. Managing my req's and candidates is so easy with Jobvite! Also, any time I have a question or need assistance, help is just a click away!

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to add some color and design to make Jobvite look like my own personal software.

Business problems: Holding Hiring Managers accountable

Benefits: real-time tracking of actions and notes/messages

Jobvite review by Shane O.
Shane O.

"Jobvite has streamlined our process!"

What do you like best?

All the candidates information in in one place & everyone involved in the process (Recruiting, Hiring Manager, Director & HR) all have instant access to the candidate & what step in the process they are at.

What do you dislike?

Requisition process. Each position has an external posting. Then, a rec. has to be created for each recruiter assigned & another for each hiring manager. So, for one open position, 10 recruiters in the recruiting department and 12 hiring managers there ends up being 121 open requisitions.

Solving the issue of tracking candidates and information sharing between 3 departments for each candidate.

Benefits are streamlined process & information at the finger tips of everyone involved.

"Staffing Coordinator Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and tools for learning. Frequent updates and ease of moving into new interfaces. In fact, rarely did I have to review update videos to continue effectively using jobvite. I especially appreciate the ability to interact between candidate, hiring manager, recruiting agency and/or recruiter through email as well as the content of communication remaining permanent record. Customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports can be difficult at times and require several attempts before getting it right. Can not print comments. Can not print detailed interview summaries with exact dates and times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool.

Jobvite has allowed for my company to keep extremely accurate real time and historical data on candidate, hiring manager and recruiter in activity throughout the entire hire/interview/review process. Also easy access to historical data via search and reports.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Jobvite helps manage hiring, but is not the best ATS out there"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to search for candidates and add and edit requisitions

Easy to post to different channels and job boards

Recruiters can have their own log in

What do you dislike?

It's not a user friendly interface. Technology and system seems very outdated and needs an upgrade. It's not easy to get help with you have an issue - no live chat feature. There are some limitations to the platform and it can be hard to navigate if you aren't the main administrator/user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Jobvite over a year ago and switched to Greenhouse - they may have made technology improvements that I am not aware of.

Jobvite makes it easier to manage and streamline hiring which is necessary when you are hiring for multiple roles and have a lot of candidates in play. It helps keep everything organized and is a good main point for all hiring info and data.

Jobvite review by Amanda I.
Amanda I.

"Good ATS, sometimes overly complicated."

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed working with the implementation team, as well as the ability for the product to push notifications to social media sites. Being able to share posts with friends across platforms was awesome. I also enjoyed the interface between jobvite and linkedin and the ease of moving sourced candidates between the two.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how complicated the system could be at times. We are able to get the entire organization using Jobvite in some capacity -- others outside of Recruiting and HR were able to use the platform to share open roles with their social media networks -- but it made training more difficult. I think also building out individual platforms for campus events, etc was interesting but could become overly difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jobvite is a very full service ATS, so if you are going from nothing to Jobvite it may feel like you are going from 0 to 60 incredibly fast. I would also consider if you need the entire firm to be pushing notifications, or just one user. There are a ton of very interesting modules that can be turned off and on based on the organizations needs, so that is another thing to consider. Overall, Jobvite might have a semi-steep learning curve, but it is incredibly user friendly post training and really can do quite a few things for your organization in the candidate experience department.

I think that for us, moving from a very manual process of getting applications -- literally we had an email folder where applicants collected -- to as full service of a platform as Jobvite is allowed us to report on metrics, not lose candidates, and improve out candidate experience ten fold.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great ATS/Onboarding Option for Small(ish) Companies!"

What do you like best?

Jobvite Customer Service is great. All reps are organized, knowledgeable and have a solid sense of urgency. The software itself has flexible customization, intuitive features and is very user friendly from an Admin perspective. Jobvite releases updates regularly (almost monthly) and has great resources available for learning, practicing the new functions. Overall, we are very happy customers!

What do you dislike?

You cannot restrict access per user for their Onboarding platform, which poses a huge problem. We have found a work-around, but this feature definitely could use improvements. There is also no integration with the I-9 Vendor they set you up with (I-9 Advantage).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for our size company (700 employees), but not sure the capabilities for larger companies.

The biggest win with Jobvite is moving Onboarding to be completed and stored electronically.

Jobvite review by Rachel F.
Rachel F.

"Jobvite User for 3 Years"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable Jobvite is. I am able to make my own workflow for different types of requisitions and roles.

What do you dislike?

They have been crashing a lot over the past few months. It is a struggle to do my job without the system, so when it is down, I can't do much work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work closely with your account manager, as they are very helpful!

We track all candidates through Jobvite and have been able to improve our consistent candidate communication with templates and reminders.

Jobvite review by Mike E.
Mike E.

"I manage scheduling interviews and requisitions"

What do you like best?

Scheduling interviews. It is seamless and easy, especially with the integration of Google calendars.

What do you dislike?

The Admin functions are not user friendly. Much of what I look for - email templates for interviews are buried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jobvite provides an easy and seamless process for scheduling interviews, offer generation, and managing requisitions. It is not as cumbersome as other ATS systems we have explored.

Candidate and requisition management.

Jobvite review by User in Internet

"Decent ATS, but difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Jobvite is a decent ATS and it is easy for me to track candidates and add notes to each stage that they go through during our recruitment process.

What do you dislike?

Jobvite tends to be tempermental. It runs slow at times, pulling data is difficult from the site and they have too many "Candidate Flow" options, making it a messy ATS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Account Managers are able to help create aesthetically pleasing web or email campaigns for jobvite. Pretty helpful since Jobvite will only let users create very basic campaigns.

Jobvite is very efficient at keeping candidate info in a easy searchable format, so it gives users a good opportunity to reach out to candidates that they may not have had contact with in awhile.

Jobvite review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Solid ATS, some issues but team is committed to improvement"

What do you like best?

Robust system, quick loading allows for you to move through candidates and requisitions fairly easily and has good reporting. It's a good value for the cost, and is a fairly intuitive system for basic tasks. Great implementation team, lots of training available. Continually improving the process and seem to take customer feedback to heart.

What do you dislike?

High level admin tasks can feel buried through all of the links and dashboards. Customizable to a degree, building workflows requires back end help that isn't always the fastest. There's no easy way to make on the fly changes to workflows or approvers, which in a far flung organization can be difficult. The offer letter templates have also, in my experience, been pretty finicky. The role set up is still not perfect, so we have to allow HMs to have more access than we'd like in order to give them what we need them to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a mid-cost system that integrates with many other platforms, you can't go wrong with Jobvite. The implementation teams are great, though sometimes waiting to make changes after implementation can get a bit frustrating.

We switched from a previous ATS (Agile) to Jobvite due to its flexibility, reporting capabilities and better role set up. Obviate has given us a clearer picture of time to hire, referral sources, and ease of communications with candidates as well as ability to track communications.

Jobvite review by User

"Clunky. Not connected to other systems"

What do you like best?

Approvals are simple but that’s about it. You need an admin to run the he thing and it’s not connected to my planning system. It really needs to sync with Adaptive Insights for it to be a tool that I would give my recommendation for.

What do you dislike?

It does not connect to Adaptive so we are constantly reconciling the differences bewteen our planning system and Jobvite. Also, it’s jist another software tool I have to log into for approvals. There should be an easy way to approve via email rather than needing to login each time.

It’s ok for a repository for recruiting efforts.

Jobvite review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Great product for mid-sized company"

What do you like best?

Great UX - very easy to use for new users. Not quite as sophisticated as Taleo, but that's park of what makes administrating and customizing the platform accessible.

Great integrations with other products list office365 and docusign.

What do you dislike?

- Can't include "custom fields" in email templates. (ie. skype of facetime address for remote video interview invites)

- no "quick list" of recently accessed requisitions and candidates

Overall management of the recruitment process and recruiting information in a single platform. Automating mechanical recruitment work. Easy to post to multiple job boards.

Jobvite review by Administrator

"Jobvite is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Jobvite's tools are easy to use and make moving candidates through the hiring pipeline a breeze. We love the video interview functionality and the on-demand support from Jobvite customer service via chat.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few issues over the years with some features being unintuitive or inefficient, but Jobvite customer service is always responsive and helpful (and many of the issues are fixed in routine updates that always improve the product). My biggest issue now is that I wish it were possible to add hyperlinks to Jobvite email templates. A minor concern!

Jobvite has made our hiring process much more efficient and has vastly improved our ability to collect data and make sure we're hiring the best possible candidates.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Continuous improvement"

What do you like best?

Jobvite engage is the sole differentiating feature that I would say goes above and beyond the expectations of a typical ATS. It made a huge difference for us when we did university recruiting, as well as our on-site career fairs.

New collaborative features are really helpful for our hiring team, including the app. Looking forward to additional functionality there.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customization for job descriptions and the careers landing page make for an unsatisfactory experience for anyone who works in a company that prides themselves on their culture and brand. THis is going to be essential for you to tackle as employer branding and culture become expected and commonplace.

Additionally, our team has different team members doing different evaluations for the same req. Wish we could assign the evaluation based on each interviewer.

We're in a high-growth phase and are working to solve the problems of how we hire an enormous amount of people who are also perfect fits for our company and culture. We've found that the Engage piece of Jobvite has been extremely helpful for our University recruiting.

Jobvite review by User in Computer Software

"One of the best ATS systems out there"

What do you like best?

Jobvite is one of the best ATS's systems that I've used to date. It obviously does all the basic, but they continue to innovate into the product and have a lot of features that help improve and facilitate the recruting workflow. A definite recommend to other recruiting professionals out there from me.

What do you dislike?

Their production environment seems to have regular issues. While it's not a daily impact, it's an impact that I've noticed. They are running on AWS so I'm not sure why their site has general slowness that impact user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the money

Help facilitates that recruiting process. Core ATS is great, but all the other modules have helped significantly.

Jobvite review by Bonnie V.
Bonnie V.

"JobVite Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for all that touch the recruiting and onboarding processes!

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found anything significant that I don't like. Single sign on was trickier than it should've been and we decided not to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use as a user. Great transparency for managers and other HR team members to be in the loop on where things are in the hiring process. Captures all information in one place and I love that it integrates with social media to post jobs on my behalf!!

Ease of communication and transparency with managers and others involved in the hiring process. So easy to track and see where people are in the process.

Jobvite review by Josh E.
Josh E.

"Jobvite - Best HR System I've used "

What do you like best?

- Jobvite publisher - able to distribute jobs to your employees social media pages

- Integration friendly - Especially with HRIS systems (i.e. Workday)

- Many canned integrations

- Top notch fast customer service responses

- Customization - you pick what fields you want

Reporting - every field is reportable and since the software is so customizable you pick what is reportable

What do you dislike?

None - You would be hard pressed to find an ATS system that has more functionality than Jobvite does. If Jobvite doesn't currently have an offering it is working on it. The newly released product roadmap has many offerings on it that was on my wish list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reporting and sourcing benefits would be reason enough to switch plus it can fully integrate with any HRIS.

Source Tracking - Tracks the click through and hard codes this to the candidate profile

Reporting - OFCCP reporting, EEO Reporting, allows for a more data driven company culture

Pre-Interview Forms - Knock out questions, Knock in Questions

Sourcing - with Engage and Social Media HUGE ROI

Jobvite review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"Great way to engage with your candidate funnel"

What do you like best?

This tool makes it very easy to stay in contact and front of mind with candidates that might not be a fit for something now, but are likely to be a fit in the future.

What do you dislike?

We have a large recruiting team so it is hard to make sure everyone is on the same page with tags, the use of campaigns, etc. I can see how perfect this would be for smaller teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a strong company - even though they are relatively new, they have a great direction and are always willing to listen to feedback and improve based on their customer's desires. Very agile which makes for a great relationship.

We are able to maintain contact with candidates that are silver medalists for roles, reducing our need to start the search over. We also are able to share candidates between our large recruiting team, where before recruiters would track their funnel on individual spreadsheets. We have also been able to expand our branding efforts through social media.

Jobvite review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Jobvite support issues"

What do you like best?

I think that the system has some solid features but we're suffered from a number of issues, including ones that have taken down our career site for quite some time.

What do you dislike?

As issues arise it's most often been us notifying Jobvite of the issues. We've been told on a number of occasions that the issue has been identified and you know about it but there has been no proactive contact from the support team to resolve the issue until we reach out on our end. Also - there have been very limited contact from our account representative and we don't feel that we have a very strong partnership due to it. It's almost like once we resigned our agreement for another year that we were forgotten about as a partner.

The ability to send Jobvites has been nice but the return on our investment in that area has not been great.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Jobvite is Wonderful"

What do you like best?

Customer service is knowledgeable and gives me great service every time I call.

Keeping track of where candidates are in the process is easy.

As an sys admin in my company I appreciate how easy it was to pick up on Jobvite functions and to make my way around the product to customize it to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Wish the app was more robust.

While the user interface is easy to use, there are times where it is clunky. For example, I wish evaluations were a bit more user friendly.

I wish that I could build a report from scratch in the new reporting interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jobvite has a lot of great features and functionality. There is obviously a learning curve, as with any new software, but once you ramp up it's pretty intuitive. The customer service is great and will do everything they can to help answer your questions. They're also coming out with improvements and announcing new features regularly, so the system has only gotten better of the almost two years we've been using it.

Before Jobvite we didn't have a robust system. So we used a lot of Google docs. Thankfully this helps us keep information in one place where managers and recruiters can all see it, we can more easily run reports, and we have support when we have issues.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Jobvite ATS"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool for both recruiters and managers alike. They have visibility into the candidates and can assist through the process.

What do you dislike?

That they do updates every Friday and sometimes this causes delays during the week. Also, we were promised that reporting would be better and it has been very difficult to pull accurate reports for what we are trying to report on for managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask many questions during the implementations and make sure that you have an executive at the table when desiring to use a new product for the long term use. Make sure you ask for examples for reporting purposes to make sure it meets your expectations.

They used MS Outlook before and so using this ATS has really helped the business in gathering candidates for both recruiters and hiring managers to see. We have a solid database with information so that all recruiters can benefit from this. It is a very easy to use system for a company that has no system in place.

Jobvite review by Karen M.
Karen M.

"VP of Talent Acquisition"

What do you like best?

Software thinks like a recruiter. Smooth work flow. Great tracking. Love the LinkedIn interface so easily available.

What do you dislike?

Reporting function could be more flexible. Also rigidity around multiple number of the same positions being

filled at once. Have to create individual job reqs for each if you want independent stats

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Integration and roadmap improvements all great

1000 people applying every month. Able to track the progress of multiple positions internationally at once.

Jobvite review by Tom J.
Tom J.

"Fast response time, always courteous service"

What do you like best?

Whether it's chat support, phone support or logging cases, I always get a fast response to all my questions. The platform is easy to customize without having to get a developer involved.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I dislike about Jobvite. Reporting is still a little convoluted and clunky, even with the new platform. It's getting better though. I don't think any ATS really does reporting very well. If I really have to nitpick, I'd add that you cannot currently post a req in multiple locations (eg San Francisco or Portland) without creating a custom "location", which does not scale to LinkedIn or other job posting sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No ATS is perfect - there are plusses and minuses to all of them.

Ease of interview schedule coordination in multiple offices. Req/offer approval process synced with our Finance team. Scheduled reports make it easy to track/pay out referral bonuses on a quarterly basis.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Good Experience with Jobvite ATS"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the monthly meetings I have setup with my Senior Customer Success Manager. She reviews the Jobvite updates with me and is available to answer any of my questions. We also did an account review to identify useful features that we were not taking advantage of and are in the process of implementing some new options.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have browser issues but we have been working through that with Jobvite. It would be ideal if IE and Microsoft Edge were supported as fully as Chrome. I would also like to see the integration capabilities enhanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the browser support policy to ensure it aligns with what your company uses.

We are implementing the Jobvite Smart Schedule to solve the issue of looking in Outlook for availability before scheduling the interview in Jobvite. It is a small change but will be very beneficial to our recruiters.

Jobvite review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Made my Recruiting life so much easier"

What do you like best?

Jobvite is logically laid out- things aren't hidden in menu after menu- making it very easy to use- for job seekers, for hiring managers, and for recruiters. We have had a hard time getting hiring managers to "follow the process" of submitting feedback after interviews in the past- but Jobvite makes it very easy- they do it almost immediately now! The system allows you a certain amount of customization so you can arrange things in a way that makes sense, but it's not overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

I find the Engage feature a bit confusing, and therefore haven't used it much yet. I know it's a valuable took, I just haven't take the time to set things up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try- their support team is awesome and they are quick to fix any issues!

Getting hiring managers to submit feedback in a timely manner, being able to track the recruiting lifecycle, keeping accurate track of requisitions and posting to multiple external job sites with no effort at all!

Jobvite review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"HR & Recruiting Specialist "

What do you like best?

The onboarding feature is probably my favorite Jobvite function. It has been an awesome tool for easing candidate's transition to our company.

What do you dislike?

Customer service can be timely when responding to issues. It would be nice if we could get someone on the phone when we call in the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great ATS! Awesome for any company that wants strong recruiting analytics, direct applications from job boards, new hire onboarding, etc.

We have started to use Jobvite's Analytics features which have helped us immensely in deciding where to put our recruiting dollars. It is also helping us better keep track of candidates and overall give the candidate a better interview and onboarding experience.

Jobvite review by User in Computer Software

"Easily Track Referrals and Application Status"

What do you like best?

Tool works well and is very transparent and simple. I enjoy that Reference Numbers, Titles and Status are very easy to track. Also, Jobvite does a great job tracking history of what jobs you might have internally applied for as well as referred individuals too. My experiance is also very good whereby I can actually track basic workflow to understand how an interview is progressing.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of many weaknesses. I have not used a mobile app and I'm not sure if that exists but I would be willing to check that out. Perhaps some additional visualizations could be added to quickly represent workflow but that is a superfluous "nice-to-have".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider not only using this tool for recruitment and job postings but see if the tool can be leveraged to help increase mobility within companies. This could be one of the great tools for improving internal satisfication by giving transparency into different internal careers. Companies should consider seeing if this tool could be used for retention.

Easily apply, refer and track workflow of job applications. Simple search, good use of tracking and reference numbers. The tool also makes it easy to communication with hiring managers (internally) and much simpler to apply externally with the ability to easily upload resume and/or LinkedIn.

Jobvite review by User

"Makes my Recruiting life so much easier!"

What do you like best?

Interface is set up logically- things are easy to fine and new features are added all the time.

What do you dislike?

I wish the email had a regular "inbox" where you could preview messages and move from one to the next while you're still in a message. Also, I wish all evaluations, attachments and emails for a candidate was kept with their profile no matter what position they were being considered for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just so easy to use once you have all information uploaded- really does help you be a more effective recruiter, HR Manager or hiring Manager

As a team we are more organized- we are able to share candidates more easily than we have in the past, all information about a candidate is kept in their profile for the job they applied for and hiring managers have access to all candidates at all times.

Jobvite review by User in Computer Software

"Jobvite is a stable balanced platform for recruiting and talent management."

What do you like best?

I like that all the applicant's info is all in the same area and that I can see my peers feedback as well when the interviewing is complete.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to find all the people that have applied or have open applications in the system for the job. I sometimes don't get to interview everyone, but would still be interested in people's responses to applicants I didn't speak to directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that others should use Jobvite if they are looking for an all in one recruiting platform. It has great application tracking and dashboards to be able to identify all open headcount and approvals. I can quickly see which candidates we are passing on and which we are waiting for follow-up. It's easy to point applicants to the portal and submit their resume to get started.

We are trying to maintain a single manageable portal for recruiting and employee responses post-interview.

Learn more about Jobvite

Jobvite Videos

Learning about Jobvite?

* We monitor all Jobvite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.