Joomag

Joomag is the all-in-one platform empowering businesses large and small to create, distribute, track, and monetize their interactive content.

Work for Joomag?

Learning about Joomag?

Joomag Reviews

Ask Joomag a Question
Showing 44 Joomag reviews
Joomag review by Karie E.
Karie E.

"The best platform for your dollar"

What do you like best?

Joomag is user friendly and allows the user to create each publication and page from the ground up, use PDF's or a combination of PDF's and creativity. It's managable, pages are maneuverable and all of my clients and readers love it.

What do you dislike?

Printing costs are astronomical. I would love to see that changed. as it is, I need to download each 2 page spread to PDF format to take a to a printer to create a magazine and something is lost when I do that. Not all of the pages are complete. Joomap price per piece, over $30. Local printer per piece about $4. I need oer 200 copies and cannot print through joomag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The print to PDF feature has a flaw but they are making improvements all of the time.

The ability to toss away the PDF's lightens the load and the smart phone platform is invaluable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Joomag
Joomag review by Brooklyn S.
Brooklyn S.

"Sleek and Simple Design for the non-Designer"

What do you like best?

The sleek, modern look of the magazine with the page sounds brings printed publications into the digital age without losing anything. I love that the design tools provide templates to help get me started on my projects and that there are tutorial videos at my finger tips to learn quickly when I need to find something new.

What do you dislike?

I have a problem exporting my magazines to pdf every time. It either doesn't work at all or takes a long time. Additionally, I love the Getty images and istock photo access , but those databases also take a long time to load and can crash my whole project at times. I wish the photo cropping tools were more dynamic so I could crop to different shapes or have overlays to help change the look of the image from being rectangular all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great if you have a vision in your head but don't have the time to get new design software knowledge before implementing your communications. Joomag puts it all right there at your fingertips.

Accessibility to relevant content for remote employees, modernizing boring HR forms and information by giving it a facelift with design. We love the ability to collaborate on a document as a team with tools and ideas we never considered before.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Joomag review by Tio T.
Tio T.

"Great customer support"

What do you like best?

I've been using Joomag for the past 3-4 years and I always felt like that the people there are my friends due to their fast, friendly, and useful customer support. Their service (Online Magazine) is very good and where it lacks something they are usually aware of and trying to improve. I provided them with a lot of feedback over the years and they implemented some of it already in their service. Therefore, what I like the best is their customer support - in all honesty, I never encountered any customer support better than this one.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I would really need from their service and they are aware of these because I told them several times - I hope they will implement them soon.

We create free educational books using their service and because their service is super easy to use and straightforward and have a great customer support, then it makes our job much easier.

Joomag review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Joomag's platform is powerful yet easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that Joomag provides me with all the tools I need to publish a high-quality digital edition of my printed magazine, and do it quickly. Their user interface is modern, clean, and easy to use, and after careful research I found that Joomag provides the experience I want for our readers. Their recent introduction of an HTML5 desktop viewer is another feature I value, and it shows the company is working to make its platform even better.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for additional storage, connecting external domains, etc can get to be a little high when you have a large quantity of magazines to publish.

Joomag allows our readers to access a user-friendly digital edition of our magazine, which especially stands out as the market leader on mobile platforms. That translates into increased exposure for our advertisers.

Joomag review by Andy R.
Andy R.

"Outstanding support for an excellent product"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform allowing us to create innovative material for our readership

What do you dislike?

Small changes to the system that aren't well communicated to the end user

Recommendations to others considering the product

I selected Joomag over many other similar platforms because of the excellent support received during a trial period. The product is intuitive, and not prone to crashing using heavy use. The additional of the CRM was an added bonus that has allowed us to communicate with our readership base at a consistently high level. This can be verified by the lack of unsubscribers we have seen.

The level of support we have received has been outstanding. The limited number of challenges we have encountered have been dealt with quickly and professionally. The support team have even adopted and submitted a number of end-user enhancements we have proposed.

Direct communication with our readership via CRM

Joomag review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Joomag & Education: Great product, Great Uses"

What do you like best?

Joomag is versatile, intuitive, and easy to learn. We've used it for a number of years to publish a professional education journal. Gives us an additional on line presence and looks VERY professional.

What do you dislike?

On line reading can sometimes be slow to load for some of our subscribers.

Used this for a number of years to publish our professional journal in reading. Helps us to stay in contact with members. Members often remark about how professional looking the journal is. Also hope to explore classroom use of joomag at some point. Think it would be excellent for use with my after school students. FYI- all board members of Missouri State Council of the ILA (International Reading Association) are unpaid volunteers. We have been using this product for several years.

Joomag review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Perplexed"

What do you like best?

responsive mobile user friendly, easy back-end interface, reliable.

What do you dislike?

Very disappointed that you no longer offer month to month billing options.. for a small business your annual fees are now too much to pay in a lump sum. We've been using Joomag since 2014 and had to take a brief 6 month hiatus only to find when we returned we could not return at the same service level.

Additionally, the limits on access to subscriber lists has always been a negative.... the publishers are the ones driving the traffic to your site and should have access to their entire list at ALL times... subscribers are putting their trust in the publisher not Joomag. Lastly, the ala-carte policy on storage and domain connecting.... as web developers we know that it costs you NOTHING to have a domain pointed to your server so $9.99 a month is well a bit exhorbinate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

utilize your storage efficiently

We aren't using the service to solve any problems... benefits... it's easier to use than InDesign

Joomag review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Internal Communication Magazine, Truly Transformative"

What do you like best?

I really like how I can integrate video, photos and other elements right into the magazine. Previously I would have to communicate through multiple channels to do what I can in just one page of the magazine. It has completely changed how I communicate internally. I think that if I can have the team reading a magazine a week I can eliminate so many emails or intranet posts that get lost in the confusion of the business. Being able to bring in video really also helps. It makes it so much more interactive.

What do you dislike?

As of now the only thing I dislike is that I find that when I load a video media to Joomag the video player is slow to open. I feel like the YouTube links open and play much faster. Don't know if there is a reason for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really would recommend that you look at all of your communication channels and see if there is opportunity for you to bring them together and minimize them by using Joomag. Everyone is so used to reading on their devices and the ability to make the internal content just like that would be great.

The biggest problem that I am solving is that in the past I would be posting written and video content in seperate locations or making them seperate documents which created a vast amount of unncessary posting, communication, etc. that cluttered how people could learn about our products internally.

Joomag review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Joomag - magazine app"

What do you like best?

I really like the customer service, those guys are really helpful and always keen to step in to help.

It uploads and compress pdf nicely.

What do you dislike?

The apps. They are really too expensive for the service they provide and in fairness are a bit basic. For instance signing up with a coupon via de app is nearly impossible, and this is really a take down for a lot of potential subscribers.

ah, and the CMS that they ironically call Awesome is a pain in the gums with soooo basic functionalities.

The editor is not outstanding, but one can live with it.

We have a House Magazine that is distributed to the members of our organization. We wanted to be able to distribute it digitally, in the hope of monetizing also with non members and reach a far wider audience.

We haven't quite hit the target. I think Joomag lives too much in isolation from other tools,

Joomag review by Len B.
Len B.

"Joomag is excellent ... and gets better and better"

What do you like best?

I have been using Joomag to publish our monthly on-line magazine for six years now and over that period the 'Joomag experience' continues to get better and better. It has always been easy to use, but the new interface is even better than before.

I have never experienced any problems with Joomag but when I first started using it I well recall asking a question and getting a speedy and helpful response.

So congratulations Joomag on offering and excellent product and excellent service .... keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike - Joomag meets all my expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find Joomag to be fast, efficient and reliable

We publish a monthly on-line magazine and Joomag offers the perfect solution to making it available on our website.

Joomag review by Luke K.
Luke K.

"It's easy to produce a professional product. "

What do you like best?

The quality of your efforts come out top notch. I started out with very little computer skills and within a month I was showing people an amazing publication! There is still much to learn but at this point I know that my efforts wont end in disappointment.

What do you dislike?

There is so much to learn that it takes a wile to get an opperating knowledge. I wouldn't change a thing though. Everything worth wile takes a bit of effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jomag is an amazing product. It's everything you need. There is a lot to learn so don't figure that you're going to wip out quality in a short time. Joomag is worth every bit of time invested though. You wont be disappointed.

This is my business. I've loved every bit of it!

Joomag review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Cost effectiveness of Joomag"

What do you like best?

Joomag allows us to create and share our school newspaper much more efficiently and much less costly than in previous years.

We are also able to produce a new issue every three (3) weeks instead of three times a year for less money and with more coverage for our faculty, staff students, parents and alumni.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. We have found that we can accomplish everything we need quickly and effectively.

We have realized a cost cut of at least half of our budgeted costs for publishing with greater coverage.

Joomag review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"INSPADES Magazine for Joomag "

What do you like best?

The backend, the interface, and the customer care! They are constantly there to help you grow your business and ready to listen to users to improve Joomag. Another amazing feature is the print on demand that covers the whole world!

What do you dislike?

It's flawless. I have been working with over 2 different distributors and there are none like Joomag (and they do not pay me to say this!) INSPADES Magazine is an independent publication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried over 15 different distributors and there is no comparison. The customer care of Joomag has been an incredible support for the real growth of INSPADES Magazine and we have so many more project all involving Joomag.

Distributing INSPADES across the world with the most effective backend and the easiest delivery for the readers.

Joomag review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Using Joomag for Retail Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating a magazine in Joomag. I create the magazine in a graphics program and output individual pdfs for Joomag. This allows me to easily revise and replace pages as needed and eliminates the learning curve of mastering the Joomag platform.

What do you dislike?

I have only one complaint and that is the inability to load more than one pdf at a time. Adjusting this would cut the work time in half.

One of the messages we are constantly trying to market to our client's customers is the experience and knowledge of their staff. The magazine content offers seasonal advice to their primary target group. We get a lot of feedback on the magazine and the customers are always looking for more tips.

Joomag review by Edelson L.
Edelson L.

"The best online magazine platform out there!"

What do you like best?

The online editing stuff. They have around the clock customer service. They can solve the problem as fast as they could.

What do you dislike?

It’s the best out there but its not perfect! They still need a wiggle room for their uploading pages technicalities because sometimes, if I upload mutlitple pages, it sometimes fcked up the order.

Before Joomag, we could only print our magazines and deliver them through a limited number of subscribers which can sometimes cause delay. However with Joomag, we have expanded our readership data globally!

Joomag review by Corhinn B.
Corhinn B.

"review of Joomag Magazine Software"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can create the magazine directly on their platform, There are no other software that can do that online.

What do you dislike?

That it is getting super expensive, and the prints as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software where you can design everything online this is it

I run an art and fashion magazine, the fact that it is online we have been able to reach people outside of the country and feature artists from around the world

Joomag review by TPA P.
TPA P.

"Slick, Glossy, Interactive Content Centralised Platform incorporating Total Control with Ease!"

What do you like best?

The bespoke functionality which adds to the uploaded document to enable the live digital production to be maximised in putting the broadcasters best foot forward on a real-time basis.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, after several months utilisation, I have found nothing to dislike, admirable in the fact.

No problems as such, benefits however span bringing new layers of reader interactivity thus driving an increased engagment rate in our published media library.

Joomag review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Decent platform to host your magazine or ebook."

What do you like best?

Customer service is very quick in responding to customer concerns. Joomag also offers live chat to immediate help.

What do you dislike?

Hardcopies of publications take 20 days to deliver. When dealing with magazines (or other publications with a short shelf life) this can be problematic. Depending on the number of pages and size of your magazine, printed copies can cost more to print than traditional printing shops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best publishing platform!!!

Joomag allows my company to seamlessly upload our digital publications and gives our customers the option to order printed copies. Joomag handles all printing requests on our behalf.

Joomag review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Prompt, professional and reliable service."

What do you like best?

Joomag's customer service reps are always on hand to answer questions. They are knowledgeable about their product which gives me, the customer, greater confidence when using Joomag knowing that help is readily available, if needed.

What do you dislike?

When in my profile, certain things can't be done from my phone or tablet - I need to do it from a PC or laptop. At times, my magazine takes a while to load - I would prefer it to be faster.

It's easier to reach customers around the world. I like the user interface - its clean and easy to maneuver.

Joomag review by Heather S.
Heather S.

"User Friendly Online for all ages!!"

What do you like best?

This program is easy for me to use and then even easier for the reader to use.

What do you dislike?

They are always updating, but still would like to have a spell check option.

The readers that I publish too are very diverse in age; from early 20's to their 90's. So having the option to have it printed is a huge plus for those in the older generation. And I have saved on the paper cost for those 20 somethings that would have never picked up the hard copy.

Joomag review by IMiko M.
IMiko M.

"The best magazine hosting site ever"

What do you like best?

How they store the magazines and how it makes editing easy

What do you dislike?

What is there not to like. I love this magazine hosting site and its ability for easy editng

Recommendations to others considering the product

Joomag is strong community and the magazines are amazing. I have 30 Issues and I am still going strong.

No Issues...the Benefits are having my magazines online

Joomag review by Gladys H.
Gladys H.

"Online Magazines"

What do you like best?

I lot how easy it is to motivated around in and love the constant way joomag customer service help me promptly if I run into error. I put magazine online for our customers and link them for easy accessibility

What do you dislike?

I am in the first 3 years of learning joomag so far is very easy to learn. The only thing I dislike is the length of time some magazines take to upload.

Making customers have a happy online experience

Joomag review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Digital Publication"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Joomag is the interactive functions.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more tools such as, a pen tool to design or draw shapes. Another tool option that would be nice, is too include a background erase tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to take your publication to the next level, Joomag would be that platform!

This is something that we're still working on to give people the opportunity to apply for grants either for their schools or their field of work.

Joomag review by Madison P.
Madison P.

"I love this platform "

What do you like best?

Extremely feature rich; responseivr support; always improving; affordable

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to share individual pages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. I think it’s probsbly the best most versatile platform for any price. Others that offer similar features are much more expensive.

Our magazine is our revenue engine. It drives everything we do. Joomag gives us a great platform to create and distribute a polished product that makes everything else in our business possible.

Joomag review by Angelica P.
Angelica P.

"A very user friendly software"

What do you like best?

Joomag gave me instant global distribution and has also allowed me to make a profit on my publication without holding inventory. The software is very intuitive and similar to the Adobe software I use for layout, InDesign.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked is that the printed comes take at least three weeks to arrive.

I like the online newstand that places my brand next to global brands.

Joomag review by Arlene C.
Arlene C.

"Joomag is easy to use and convenient."

What do you like best?

Joomag is easy to use. My colleagues create their documents, I combine the documents into a pdf and upload the content into Joomag.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to edit the document once it is created using PDF's. I have to recreate the document as a pdf and upload it again.

We create guides for our students and post them on the school website.

Joomag review by Joe V.
Joe V.

"Been in graphics, marketing and ad disciplines for over 30 years."

What do you like best?

The product is clean and offers many options for distribution as well as analytics.

What do you dislike?

User interface could be more user intuitive in some areas. But that is being pretty critical in judgement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tough to beat in product and support.

Launch of a new publication is challenging, but Joomag helps to make it easier with all of its tools.

Joomag review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"loving it :) "

What do you like best?

i love that we can share our content easy

What do you dislike?

nothing i like the way it works now icons at times can be a bit small though

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a plan before you start as to what you are wanting your doc to look like then be creative

it gives us a easy format to share with our readers

Joomag review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Joomag is great for digital publishing and distribution!"

What do you like best?

Joomag makes it easy share existing projects (and design new ones) in a high quality format.

What do you dislike?

There could be more fonts available when using Joomag to design a new publication. I don't like the selection that much.

We are saving money by not printing our publications and sending them electronically, fast and easily.

Joomag review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Has made improvements"

What do you like best?

ease of uploading, much better customer service with the live text option.

What do you dislike?

plugins need to be updated to have features like statistics of involvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the tutorials and education videos/information they provide

provides my company with a reliable magazine platform to share with our 5,000 members

"Joomag Newsletters"

What do you like best?

I love the templates that are provided and the creativity I have to make them my own.

What do you dislike?

I wish the tool bars were more similar to Adobe or Microsoft programs. It was a bit tricky learning the program in the beginning

Improving member communication.

Joomag review by Fátima T.
Fátima T.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

The support team is very helpful. They are quick and very friendly, always trying to help in the better way

What do you dislike?

The platform doesnt have some things that I need, like affiliation possibility, etc.

It is modern, they have great things for digital magazines

"JooMag Platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of distribution and analytic visibility.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Outlook will often not automatically show images contained in a JooMag email which causes viewership issues.

Allows for us to send industry news to our internal network in a professional and visually pleasing format.

Joomag review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"JooMag is a good option for online publishers"

What do you like best?

Compared to other options on the market the features and functionality offered by JooMag are good.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit clunky and troublesome but customer service is quite responsive when there are issues.

It's a good publishing platform.

Joomag review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I have a real issue if I want to print the PDF here in the USA. "

What do you like best?

The editing program is easy to learn. Sharing to social med is very easy. Customer service is one of the best.

What do you dislike?

The PDF can not be converted easily if you wish to print in the USA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will you be printing in mass quantities in the USA? Be aware everyone else uses other options. Most people have not heard of Joomag. People still don't understand how to log in and order a hard copy.

N/A

Joomag review by Cherie L. K.
Cherie L. K.

"I am a fan of Joomag!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the way to view The Soultown mag.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Joomag! When I have questions ... they are immediately answered.

The Soultown Magazine is distributed successfully monthly. Each month it grows.

Joomag review by Administrator

"Most useful tool in marketing arsenal"

What do you like best?

versatility, simplicity, quick publishing

What do you dislike?

timescales for new features are slow, cant sent push notifcations using app for more than just new content

Easy way to communicate internally and externally in a beautiful way.

Joomag review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Joomag is a great digital platform "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the potential reach of the platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a larger subscription allowance.

I was able to greatly reduce my overhead substantially.

Joomag review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Outstanding Customer service experience"

What do you like best?

The friendliness, attentiveness and prompt response rate.

What do you dislike?

The fact that some days no one is there to help at all

e-magazine and newsletters

"Easy! "

What do you like best?

How easy it is! I love how easy it is to step through the uploading and publishing. And how easy it is to edit once published

What do you dislike?

I find the having a minimum word count for the descriptions a little annoying.

Giving customers a better experience with the catalogs and marketing material.

Joomag review by Administrator

"Easy to upload your onlinr magazine"

What do you like best?

Users friendly online publishing magazine

What do you dislike?

Nothing to disliked the joomag, it help us to easily review our works online

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very useful nowadays. I highly recommend Joomag for graphic artist like me. You can easily upload your works in this site.

The benefits is you can see your work in online

Joomag review by Agency in Graphic Design
Agency in Graphic Design

"Joomag is a total package"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating digital magazines and publishing them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about joomag.

We're mostly creating digital magazines for our clients. It does more than we need it to, but I know we'll eventually have a client who needs all of the tracking and reporting that joomag provides.

Joomag review by User

"Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about them is their prompt replies on chat and followup.

What do you dislike?

There is no customer care number where we can reach out to someone in person.

Wanted a digital platform for the company's magazine. All the features are the benefits,

Joomag review by Agency in E-Learning
Agency in E-Learning

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform and multiple features

What do you dislike?

Joomag Banner must be on . Besides sharing on social media using mobile devices gives Joomag URL instead of custom url link

Recommendations to others considering the product

Effective and reliable easy to use platform

Timely distribution of digital publications .

Learning about Joomag?

* We monitor all Joomag reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.