JoomlaLMS

Fully functional Learning Management System featuring all the most useful learning tools

Work for JoomlaLMS?

Learning about JoomlaLMS?

JoomlaLMS Reviews

Ask JoomlaLMS a Question
Showing 12 JoomlaLMS reviews
JoomlaLMS review by Trey R.
Trey R.

"Good and Reliable LMS System"

What do you like best?

Online learning is very important to me as an educator. JoomlaLMS has helped me service assist students who are located anywhere. When I am conducting a class or a training in person, JoomlaLMS allows me to offer online training to those students who aren't able to attend in person. The ability to train and educate those students who aren't able to be there live has been the most important and my favorite thing about JoomlaLMS. I also like that JoomlaLMS is a fully integrated learning management system that offers intuitive usage. I have found that many LMS systems aren't as intuitive and require a pretty considerable learning curve for users which results in users not utilizing the LMS. However, JoomlaLMS is easy for users to understand and grasp. I really like that I am able to customize JoomlaLMS and make it even more user friendly by switching on those things that are needed and switching off those things that are not needed. This has been a convenient feature.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about JoomlaLMS. The only thing that I can think of would be that the cost is a little high in comparison to similar learning management systems. However, JoomlaLMS does offer robust capabilities and a great customer service support team. I would like to be able to use JoomlaLMS for other, private classes that I conduct outside of the university but the cost is just too high. If the cost were less or a simplified version that costs less was offered, I would be able to utilize JoomlaLMS even more and even recommend it more to smaller learning groups - however, the cost is just too high at this time for those private, smaller companies to take advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend JoomlaLMS to any professor/educator who wants to enrich and enhance the experience of their students. Especially if you have students both on site and at remote locations, JoomlaLMS is great because it allows for everyone to have the same user experienced. JoomlaLMS allows you to offer enhanced webinars and online learning that just wasn't possible with other learning management systems. Overall, I highly recommend JoomlaLMS.

JoomlaLMS allows us to offer more enhanced learning opportunities via webinars that we weren't able to do before. JoomlaLMS has helped us to stay on the leading edge of technology in what we offer our students. JoomlaLMS allows us to offer content rich classes and make them available to students that aren't able to attend in person - something that we experience a lot. Being able to offer those students that aren't on site the same user experience as those students who are on site is a huge benefit and has helped our bottom line.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JoomlaLMS
JoomlaLMS review by Tony C.
Tony C.

"A perfect LMS Systems"

What do you like best?

The LMS system is among the best on the marked. It´s easy to setup and use. The userinterface is extreemly user friendly. The LMS have a lot of functions and features like an advanced LMS should have.

The LMS works on any device and platforms (resposive / Mac / PC / Mobile / Tables) with all types of contents.

Just perfect!.

What do you dislike?

It requires a little IT background experience as some of the features have a lot options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No reason not to use it - perfect and low cost

MSD 360 Medicine Handling is preapproved by the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. It is an e-learning course focusing on the theoretical aspect of the medicine handling course, which is obligatory for all who are about to handle medicine in domestic animal production, no matter if it is for horses, pigs, cows, poultry, mink or other production animals.

The LMS systems works with SCORM modues and is responsive which means that it works on all types of devices and platforms.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

JoomlaLMS review by George H.
George H.

"Great self hosted LMS - with great support"

What do you like best?

As a company we produce eLearning content in a number of styles an Joomla fits our requiremts perfectly. It is simple to navigate and is reliable. These are the two most important functions of an LMS.

As it is built on Joomla you know that the user management and database is all on a solid frame.

We never have any issues with importing content from Rapid eLearning tools such as Captivate or Storyline. Which again is a rarity in the LMS work.

What do you dislike?

The course building could do with some improvements. However, there is third party software out there that helps with that.

Reporting is a bit light in some areas, although this is due to be updated soon I have been told.

We needed to be able to host on our own servers, which most LMS platforms either don't do or are phasing out.

It has the abiltiy to scale without costing far too much.

JoomlaLMS review by Kereni W.
Kereni W.

"Comprehensive LMS for Joomla"

What do you like best?

Our client was looking to update and improve their online training system. After trialing a number of LMS options for joomla, JoomlaLMS stood out as the most comprehensive and flexible system. We were able to transition over fairly painlessly, utilising their custom modifications service to tweak a few minor features to our client's needs. Their support team is outstanding and very responsive!

What do you dislike?

Because of the flexibility within the plugin, some of the settings are not straight forward. Having said that, once you run through the help documentation and chat to support you're able to figure it out fairly quickly.

I would love more options for the layout design, so that you could choose a theme to suit your branding. I have overcome this by adding custom styling, but would be helpful to my clients if they could tweak the look and feel themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around at other LMS and test drive the demos. I found the demo for JoomlaLMS was exactly what we were looking for, but depends on what you exact requirements are.

The main objective was to create a user friendly online training course that could be utilised by a large amount of users. The plugin allows for this and has the metrics needed to be able to keep track of users. Enabling online payment for the courses was key to automating the process and allowing users to access the courses quickly.

JoomlaLMS review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"The best LMS so far"

What do you like best?

This system is one of the most reliable on the web for teaching and learning. Right now, it has a lot of potentialities and also a lot of features that can be developed for been always more powerful. The base software is very robust. It allows import and export in various formats. Great support.

What do you dislike?

Very few things. The cost is relatively high but it is correct if you think on what are you buying.

There are not all the languages.

One of my customer has started a learning service for law studies with webinars and webconferences, improving earnings

JoomlaLMS review by Marshall W. N.
Marshall W. N.

"Power Packed Learning Management Software"

What do you like best?

The first week the site went live we landed our first client and our online training business became international! The Sales Advantage is no longer 100% dependent on work schedules and we are no longer restricted by geography. Online learning has added a new dimension to the business, another revenue stream and option that we can offer clients for their training needs. We can now service the needs of an individual who has committed to self-improvement anywhere on the globe or any company no matter what the number of employees are. When we are hired to deliver onsite training we can offer online training to support staff who are unable to attend the training and anyone hired after training dates. This is beneficial to our clients and generates additional revenue opportunities for The Sales Advantage.

What do you dislike?

At first glance, for a smaller business, there can be some sticker shock when considering the annual subscription fee. I took a risk based on the recommendation from someone that I trusted. As I have come to fully understand what I have purchased, I am blown away by how robust and feature rich Joomla LMS is. For instance, with my old website, I paid $20.00 per month for a shopping cart, this feature is build into the product. That is one example of many that I could provide. So many companies offer outrageous service support contracts for the most basic needs. With more complex installations I can imagine that this is necessary. In my case there has been the odd need for support and the JoomlaLMS support staff have answered my questions in a timely fashion, supported the product and I have not incurred additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The question I asked myself was, do I want to do this myself or do I want to hire someone to do the technical work for me? Normally I prefer to farm out work like this to someone who is an expert. In this case however, I decided that I wanted to understand the capabilities and the limitations of the software. Quite honestly, the majority of the workload is related to the creation of the actual e-learning modules and materials not the JoomlaLMS software. Joomla LMS is merely the engine that drives the online programs once they are created. There is an abundance of user friendly tutorial videos on Joomla LMS You Tube Channel and the JoomlaLMS website has a help section for users as well. In cases where a glitch has been encountered or I've been unable to find a quick answer, the support staff have been helpful and accommodating.

The majority of employers acknowledge that staff who are properly trained are more productive and capable of achieving greater results in a shorter time periods. In addition, in corporate sales, staff who are trained have increased confidence which also improves job satisfaction and retention. When asked, training is always at the top of the want list for new recruits, they need training and they expect it. Unfortunately training is often the first item on the chopping block when budgets are being slashed. Recessions are devastating for the training industry. We needed a solution that was cost effective and more recession proof.

JoomlaLMS review by Rajko D.
Rajko D.

"Cream of the LMS cakes"

What do you like best?

Straight forward, easy way to go through functions and features. Nicely polished functions and features without unnecessary ones, irrespectively how nice they might seem to someone.

Vast Joomla resources behind the development.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything to "dislike", although there is always room to improve, add more languages, broaden experiences, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. easy to set up, demonstrate and try.

I am supplying my client base with slick education and training content delivery solution.

JoomlaLMS review by Andreas B.
Andreas B.

"JoomlaLMS - powerful LMS for Joomla"

What do you like best?

Fully Joomla integrated, full learning management tool with very intuitive usage. Most LMS are not intuitive and require a considerable learning curve for the end users (students and teachers), resulting in no-use. Not so with JoomlaLMS. The concepts are easily understood and can be simplified by switching on what is needed, switching off what is not needed.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the forum function of previous versions has been disabled. It is possible, of course to use any Joomla forum (like Kunena), but making it course specific within the LMS is tricky. Altogether the tool isn't exactly cheap - especially as it is an encoded single domain license, but with fair pricing policies (dependent on number of students, contracts only running for a year, with permanent license also available). The standard video conference integration is outsourced to gotomeeting.com, making use (if needed) comfortable, but rather expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JoomlaLMS is the "big solution" (for small and simple Learning Management needs, there are other options). If you need a flexible, powerful system that can grow with your needs, and like Joomla - this is the only viable option. (We have tested all kinds of systems over the year).

Primary setup of the LMS is what I call "buffet style" learning (various learning options available at once) - very appropriate for adult learning systems. However, it is possible to create sequential learning (one lesson after the other - in a given order) as well.

Last, but not least, you will want to have a look at some worthwhile authoring tools like Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate. There also are some simple authoring tools available for sale at the JoomlaLMS website.

We have installed and are maintaining a couple of E-Learning settings for ourselves and customers. Smooth workings, customers returned for a number of years now. We are especially proud of an installation for a Business English Training.

JoomlaLMS review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Powerful content management systems"

What do you like best?

We at Sofema Aviation Services were looking for the most effective product on the market and Joomla offers one of the most powerful content management systems in the world.

In addition we were very happy with the software security features, with Joomla LMS being one of the most secure open source software with complete security for the maintenance of confidential data.

What do you dislike?

It requires some IT background experience as some of the features have a lot options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Learning Management System to provide online education, reach more delegates and keep the quality of the delivered services, JoomlaLMS is an effective product that provides security for keeping confidential data.

EASAOnline.com started with a license for 100 users on www.easaonline.com in 2012. Right now we have steadily increased our client base (we have the capacity for 1000 concurrent users) and aim to deliver our quality trainings to even more people with the help of JoomlaLMS platform. Students can browse through a course catalog, enjoy an effective delivery and learn at their own place. They can take advantage of the Rich Course Content - Audio, Video, Links, Documents and many more.

JoomlaLMS review by User

"Review from current user"

What do you like best?

1. Works out of the box.

2. Works on the Joomla platform.

3. Reasonable cost.

4. Outstanding support.

What do you dislike?

1. There is somewhat of a learning curve, but not bad.

2. To be able to use a universal question database, you have to pay a premium.

1. I have an educational website that uses reading content/quizzes/certificates. The software provides everything I require to function and collect fees for my content.

2. They continually work on upgrades/improvements.

3. Support is timely, patient, and friendly.

4. The fees are fair.

JoomlaLMS review by Executive Sponsor in Professional Training & Coaching
Executive Sponsor in Professional Training & Coaching

"A very reliable LMS for Joomla"

What do you like best?

We have been using Jomla LMS for 6 years to serve professional grade e-learning, with many hundred users, during that time we have had very few technical problems. Even the few problems we have had have been resolved very quickly by the support team at Joomla LMS

What do you dislike?

Presentation has been a bit da ted, but a new update is available which we are about to try

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test with your e-learning design package fiirst

Delivering e-learning in a controlled way, using our main site to our customers of project and programme managers.

JoomlaLMS review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Using JoomlaLMS"

What do you like best?

I liked the many ways that I could configure courses. Scorm and other, and could add downloads, explanations etc.

What do you dislike?

The issues I had were with Joomla more than JoomlaLMS. I found that to be confusing to update and design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good software

selling online training b to b.

Learning about JoomlaLMS?

* We monitor all JoomlaLMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.