JoomlaLMS

Fully functional Learning Management System featuring all the most useful learning tools

Work for JoomlaLMS?

Showing 12 JoomlaLMS reviews
JoomlaLMS review by <span>Trey R.</span>
Trey R.

Good and Reliable LMS System

What do you like best?

Online learning is very important to me as an educator. JoomlaLMS has helped me service assist students who are located anywhere. When I am conducting a class or a training in person, JoomlaLMS allows me to offer online training to those students who aren't able to attend in person. The ability to train and educate those students who aren't able to be there live has been the most important and my favorite thing about JoomlaLMS. I also like that JoomlaLMS is a fully integrated learning management system that offers intuitive usage. I have found that many LMS systems aren't as intuitive and require a pretty considerable learning curve for users which results in users not utilizing the LMS. However, JoomlaLMS is easy for users to understand and grasp. I really like that I am able to customize JoomlaLMS and make it even more user friendly by switching on those things that are needed and switching off those things that are not needed. This has been a convenient feature.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about JoomlaLMS. The only thing that I can think of would be that the cost is a little high in comparison to similar learning management systems. However, JoomlaLMS does offer robust capabilities and a great customer service support team. I would like to be able to use JoomlaLMS for other, private classes that I conduct outside of the university but the cost is just too high. If the cost were less or a simplified version that costs less was offered, I would be able to utilize JoomlaLMS even more and even recommend it more to smaller learning groups - however, the cost is just too high at this time for those private, smaller companies to take advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend JoomlaLMS to any professor/educator who wants to enrich and enhance the experience of their students. Especially if you have students both on site and at remote locations, JoomlaLMS is great because it allows for everyone to have the same user experienced. JoomlaLMS allows you to offer enhanced webinars and online learning that just wasn't possible with other learning management systems. Overall, I highly recommend JoomlaLMS.

JoomlaLMS allows us to offer more enhanced learning opportunities via webinars that we weren't able to do before. JoomlaLMS has helped us to stay on the leading edge of technology in what we offer our students. JoomlaLMS allows us to offer content rich classes and make them available to students that aren't able to attend in person - something that we experience a lot. Being able to offer those students that aren't on site the same user experience as those students who are on site is a huge benefit and has helped our bottom line.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JoomlaLMS
JoomlaLMS review by <span>Tony C.</span>
Tony C.

A perfect LMS Systems

What do you like best?

The LMS system is among the best on the marked. It´s easy to setup and use. The userinterface is extreemly user friendly. The LMS have a lot of functions and features like an advanced LMS should have.

The LMS works on any device and platforms (resposive / Mac / PC / Mobile / Tables) with all types of contents.

Just perfect!.

What do you dislike?

It requires a little IT background experience as some of the features have a lot options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No reason not to use it - perfect and low cost

MSD 360 Medicine Handling is preapproved by the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. It is an e-learning course focusing on the theoretical aspect of the medicine handling course, which is obligatory for all who are about to handle medicine in domestic animal production, no matter if it is for horses, pigs, cows, poultry, mink or other production animals.

The LMS systems works with SCORM modues and is responsive which means that it works on all types of devices and platforms.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

JoomlaLMS review by <span>George H.</span>
George H.

Great self hosted LMS - with great support

What do you like best?

As a company we produce eLearning content in a number of styles an Joomla fits our requiremts perfectly. It is simple to navigate and is reliable. These are the two most important functions of an LMS.

As it is built on Joomla you know that the user management and database is all on a solid frame.

We never have any issues with importing content from Rapid eLearning tools such as Captivate or Storyline. Which again is a rarity in the LMS work.

What do you dislike?

The course building could do with some improvements. However, there is third party software out there that helps with that.

Reporting is a bit light in some areas, although this is due to be updated soon I have been told.

We needed to be able to host on our own servers, which most LMS platforms either don't do or are phasing out.

It has the abiltiy to scale without costing far too much.

JoomlaLMS review by <span>Kereni W.</span>
Kereni W.

Comprehensive LMS for Joomla

What do you like best?

Our client was looking to update and improve their online training system. After trialing a number of LMS options for joomla, JoomlaLMS stood out as the most comprehensive and flexible system. We were able to transition over fairly painlessly, utilising their custom modifications service to tweak a few minor features to our client's needs. Their support team is outstanding and very responsive!

What do you dislike?

Because of the flexibility within the plugin, some of the settings are not straight forward. Having said that, once you run through the help documentation and chat to support you're able to figure it out fairly quickly.

I would love more options for the layout design, so that you could choose a theme to suit your branding. I have overcome this by adding custom styling, but would be helpful to my clients if they could tweak the look and feel themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around at other LMS and test drive the demos. I found the demo for JoomlaLMS was exactly what we were looking for, but depends on what you exact requirements are.

The main objective was to create a user friendly online training course that could be utilised by a large amount of users. The plugin allows for this and has the metrics needed to be able to keep track of users. Enabling online payment for the courses was key to automating the process and allowing users to access the courses quickly.

JoomlaLMS review by <span>Mark S.</span>
Mark S.

The best LMS so far

What do you like best?

This system is one of the most reliable on the web for teaching and learning. Right now, it has a lot of potentialities and also a lot of features that can be developed for been always more powerful. The base software is very robust. It allows import and export in various formats. Great support.

What do you dislike?

Very few things. The cost is relatively high but it is correct if you think on what are you buying.

There are not all the languages.

One of my customer has started a learning service for law studies with webinars and webconferences, improving earnings

JoomlaLMS review by <span>Marshall W. N.</span>
Marshall W. N.

Power Packed Learning Management Software

What do you like best?

The first week the site went live we landed our first client and our online training business became international! The Sales Advantage is no longer 100% dependent on work schedules and we are no longer restricted by geography. Online learning has added a new dimension to the business, another revenue stream and option that we can offer clients for their training needs. We can now service the needs of an individual who has committed to self-improvement anywhere on the globe or any company no matter what the number of employees are. When we are hired to deliver onsite training we can offer online training to support staff who are unable to attend the training and anyone hired after training dates. This is beneficial to our clients and generates additional revenue opportunities for The Sales Advantage.

What do you dislike?

At first glance, for a smaller business, there can be some sticker shock when considering the annual subscription fee. I took a risk based on the recommendation from someone that I trusted. As I have come to fully understand what I have purchased, I am blown away by how robust and feature rich Joomla LMS is. For instance, with my old website, I paid $20.00 per month for a shopping cart, this feature is build into the product. That is one example of many that I could provide. So many companies offer outrageous service support contracts for the most basic needs. With more complex installations I can imagine that this is necessary. In my case there has been the odd need for support and the JoomlaLMS support staff have answered my questions in a timely fashion, supported the product and I have not incurred additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The question I asked myself was, do I want to do this myself or do I want to hire someone to do the technical work for me? Normally I prefer to farm out work like this to someone who is an expert. In this case however, I decided that I wanted to understand the capabilities and the limitations of the software. Quite honestly, the majority of the workload is related to the creation of the actual e-learning modules and materials not the JoomlaLMS software. Joomla LMS is merely the engine that drives the online programs once they are created. There is an abundance of user friendly tutorial videos on Joomla LMS You Tube Channel and the JoomlaLMS website has a help section for users as well. In cases where a glitch has been encountered or I've been unable to find a quick answer, the support staff have been helpful and accommodating.

The majority of employers acknowledge that staff who are properly trained are more productive and capable of achieving greater results in a shorter time periods. In addition, in corporate sales, staff who are trained have increased confidence which also improves job satisfaction and retention. When asked, training is always at the top of the want list for new recruits, they need training and they expect it. Unfortunately training is often the first item on the chopping block when budgets are being slashed. Recessions are devastating for the training industry. We needed a solution that was cost effective and more recession proof.

Learning about JoomlaLMS?

* We monitor all JoomlaLMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.