JotForm

JotForm s an online form builder.

Work for JotForm?

Learning about JotForm?

JotForm Reviews

Showing 51 JotForm reviews
JotForm review by Glenn F.
Glenn F.

"Watch out for your account to be suspended for no reason"

What do you like best?

What I like best is Jotform forced me to look for alternatives and there seems to be several out there. I settled on Zoho as I am using some of their other great products. I'm glad I did because their editor is much easier to use as the Jotform one is very buggy.

What do you dislike?

After using Jotform for years, I noticed that our account was suspended. No notice whatsoever and no explanation. With no notice, you find out the hard way when you actually need it. I tried to email support 3 times and each time you click "submit" it says "please wait..." indefinitely. I tried multiple browsers and machines so you can't even reach support to find out why your account is suspend. A website error you would expect from your local flower shop, not a global company.

A day later, the support message gets through. No notice on twitter or on the website that there was technical difficulties. A day later and still no email reply from JotForm. Again, not what you would expect from a global company.

Do what I did and google "jotform account suspended" and prepare to be shocked. There have been school teachers, students, business, freelancers, travel agencies, and others that have had their accounts suspended because we are flagged for phishing! According to their TOS, when you collect personally identifiable information that is phishing. Collecting a name could be considered phishing. Just like many of these others, many accounts were never reactivated even after these businesses and people explained how their forms were for legitimate causes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't take the risk. There are many other superior form builders out there... both paid and free.

The exact opposite. Business comes to a halt because you are surprised into finding out your account is suspended!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JotForm
JotForm review by Shelby M.
Shelby M.

"Useful, Organized, and Cost-Effective"

What do you like best?

I like that that it is free for small needs and really cost-effective for larger needs. Sometimes we could predict certain months where we knew we would pass our free quota, so we could enroll in an actual plan for that one month alone, then cancel the plan after that one month.

It is also really easy to use! At our University, it would take someone a week to build something for us on the webpage, so with Jotform, I can set up my form within the day and have it to use and modify immediately.

What do you dislike?

They did an update within the last year that was VERY confusing. I prefer the prior version.

We primarily use Jotform for event registration. The registration information exports into a really clean excel sheet that we can use to mail merge nametags, business cards, attendee folders, etc. Jotform also allows us to NOT rely on our own University's tech staff to make a form.

What Online Form Builder solution do you use?

JotForm review by Savannah D.
Savannah D.

"JotForm has enabled me to collect customer information so efficiently "

What do you like best?

I really like that JotForm is so easy to use. The setup and templates enable you to create the exact form that you had pictured to begin with. There are so many elements you can add to your form to capture the exact data you were hoping to. They even have the option to add payment and widget elements!

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to see improve with JotForm is the customer service. We had created a form to use for professional matters and it got turned off. We tried contacting the company to resolve the issue and gain back access to the form, but rather ended up having to create a whole new form since we never heard back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like where JotForm is right now. I would recommend a little more response from the customer support end of things. As I previously mentioned, there was a time where my company needed to regain access to forms but were unable to contact someone to do so.

I am able to successfully and efficiently capture customer's information in an advanced way when using JotForm. It is so easy to create a form and present it to customers. I receive emails with copies of the form in order to document to refer to later.

JotForm review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"JotForm"

What do you like best?

A client wanted to produce a program for their upcoming choir production. This program would include paid ads that were placed by friends and family. We needed a simply way to allow the purchase of an ad as well as the sending of the artwork to our art department. Enter JotForms! By creating a simple online form, persons wishing to purchase an ad simply fill out this form, attach their artwork and pay for the ad all online! A JotForm form is very easy to set up and works with many different credit card processors, including PayPal and SquareUp.

What do you dislike?

When designing a form, tweaking the design sometimes requires CSS. However in their latest update, this has been simplified tremendously!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recently JotForms introduced "Cards". These 'cards' make form design even easier! Your forms can be embedded in most of today's social media platform and websites. Do yourself a favor and check out JotForms. The product is very easy to use, yet the functionality is intense!

Needed a way for a local choir to be able to sell ads in their programs. Since our company was doing the program design, it was too great a hassle to have these ads sent to the choir. We had to come up with a simple and effective way for the persons ordering ads to pay for and send their artwork to us in one step. JotForms allowed us to do this very easily!

JotForm review by Marin A.
Marin A.

"I love using JotForm"

What do you like best?

The best thing about JotForm is that it's free until you need more than a few forms or require more than a certain number of submissions per month. I also love how easy it is to use. I am not a code writer, so this has given me the ability to create forms and embed them into my work and personal websites on demand without needing to call a programer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the design portion of it can be touchy. I will set the line height or font size and then make another adjustment and it erases my previous settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Non-profits can benefit from using this tool to gather info about their event attendants. Businesses can benefit from using it at trade shows to collect raffle entries, rather than business cards. This way you can give entrants the choice to be followed up with or not and really gauge how well your efforts paid off.

Jotform allows people visiting our website to request an appointment very easily. I love that I can add fields as needed. I use it to track how people heard about us. And since it integrates with Google Spreadsheets, I can easily create reports from the info I gather.

JotForm review by Marisa G.
Marisa G.

"JotForm combines powerful form-making features with highly affordable pricing"

What do you like best?

We use JotForm because it offers the following key features:

1) the ability to create complex forms using skip logic so that respondents see only the questions relevant to them, based on their answers

2) the wide variety of special tools (called “widgets”) that enable us to customize our forms in powerful ways

3) the ability to create forms with registration caps for our events/trainings

4) the ability to create interactive forms with user-generated fields

5) the ability to update the data submitted through our forms

6) the ability to customize the email notifications/confirmations (you can choose both sender and recipient, as well as customizing the subject line)

7) the extremely user-friendly interface

8) the fantastic customer support; JotForm support professionals respond quickly and provide helpful assistance.

9) its extremely affordable price

There are also many 3rd party integrations available.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I really cannot come up with anything currently that we don't like. Whenever I’ve had an issue with a particular functionality, I’ve contacted JotForm support, and they have responded right away with very helpful assistance. They’ve even made updates to their platform functions based on support tickets I’ve submitted, so the platform currently does everything we really want it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are struggling to figure something out, or something isn’t working properly, contact JotForm support--really! Your message doesn't get lost in cyberspace; they always respond promptly and will do everything they can to help you. For example, at one point I found that certain editing buttons were not working. I submitted a support ticket, and within a few hours, they had corrected the problem and everything was functioning perfectly!

Because of all the extra tools (“widgets”) JotForm offers, JotForm enables us to create very sophisticated registration forms for our events and trainings. Using the “Ticket Purchases” widget, we can set registration caps on several individual workshops, and when those caps are met, the system puts a “Workshop full” message on those workshops so that no one else can register for them. We no longer have to monitor our registrations continuously to make sure we don’t end up with too many people signed up for a particular workshop, which was a major hassle! JotForm also enables us to tailor our forms by using skip logic, funneling people through specific questions based on their answers to other questions. This way, we don’t have to have enormously long forms with every possible question listed; people only see those questions that are relevant to them. JotForm has really revolutionized our workflows, and it is incredibly affordable.

JotForm review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"Easy to Use for Simple Agreements/Contracts"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add/remove questions. The clone feature is also very important to my daily work, so I appreciate how easy it is to clone an existing form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the options to create a pdf version of the form. Typically, the form does not look at nice or organized in PDF format. I'd also like to be able to export to a Word version, but that option is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any paper forms that you send to customers, colleagues, etc. consider using JotForm to make it a quicker and more efficient process. It will save you time and paper!

We use JotForm to manage sponsorship agreements. It has been incredibly beneficial and has made our process 100x more efficient. Additionally, the user experience for our sponsors has vastly improved. Instead of having to sign and scan a paper copy of a sponsorship agreement, the online form makes it that much easier, quicker and more efficient to process agreements and get them turned around quickly.

JotForm review by Jana L.
Jana L.

"JotForm - Amazing Form Builder"

What do you like best?

JotForm is amazing and I love that they have a free version for those who don't use forms often.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about JotForm! It's an amazing program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a form creator that is easy to use, JotForm is for you! There are many options for different business needs, from free for those of us who use it rarely, to $99/mo for those who have greater needs - also, there are options in between too.

I use Jotform to do questionnaires for clients, submission forms for nominations and applicants to my senior model program in my photography business. It's easy to collect contact information and keep everything easily accessible in spreadsheet format. I don't need a program to subscribe because I don't use forms often - maybe once or twice a year, so the free version is perfect for me! You can easily duplicate forms to and change out information as necessary to save it as a new form without having to type everything all over again! I love it!

JotForm review by Lexie M.
Lexie M.

"Easy to Use Form Resource"

What do you like best?

It's easy to create forms with a variety of question styles and complex features through conditional formatting. We are also able to easily integrate the forms we create on our clients' websites.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, I just hope Jot Form can make their forms ADA compliant in the near future since that is a concern to us and our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer JotForm to Google Forms because of the integration options, ease of use, and the fact that you don't have to connect it to a gmail account, especially when using for multiple clients.

We no longer have to write code for forms. Anyone one in our office can use the product to create a simple or complex form. It's very beneficial on the reporting front as well.

JotForm review by Agustin A.
Agustin A.

"Nunca fue tan facil crear formularios en linea gracias a jotform"

What do you like best?

Me gusta lo fácil que es crear formularios, para ver los envíos, junto con la verdad de que puede cambiar el formulario en cualquier momento, y que los registros solo se muestran en sus informes, sin embargo, no tendría ningún efecto en las revisiones anteriores.

What do you dislike?

Realmente no se le puede tener ninguna queja, o algo que no te guste, realmente jotform es una muy buena herramienta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Una pasada, puedes crear tantos formularios como necesites, al igual que poder diseñarlo a tu gusto e incluirlo en cualquier pagina web.

Al crear pequeñas encuentas a los empleados, puedo transformar facilmente a un informe de excel y ver las estadisticas del mismo

JotForm review by User

"Easy creating of forms for your business! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to add a variety of form elements like dates, multiple choice, textbox and file upload entries

I was pleased to find out forms can be translated and filled in online in multiple languages

There is also a payment option element that is pretty neat.

I also love that images like your company's logo can be included in the form

What do you dislike?

Yes you can translate forms however a translated version of the form cannot be exported in the select language as a PDF... EVEN if you set it as the primary language of the form. I found that really frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete the multilanguage feature by giving the ability to export the pdf in multiple languages

with these forms, we can print and email them to our clients for them to fill out financial plan questionnaires. We were able to create a nice flowing questionnaire that is clear and concise

JotForm review by Danielle M.
Danielle M.

"A good solution for the small company"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a form was the main seller. We use the integrations frequently including those for Google Drive and Wordpress. Their labeling/tagging system makes organizing your forms and finding what you need much easier. They also offer great templates to can reduce your time spent on creating a form drastically.

What do you dislike?

The site can be glitchy. Their support is lacking. I have submitted support tickets in the past and never received a response back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for a small business with limited form needs. The customization is good but not fully loaded.

Our main uses for Jotform are:

1. Collect candidate and staff information

2. Service members with member service request forms for their accounts

3. Gather feedback from both staff and members

4. Event and program registration

JotForm review by Keith M.
Keith M.

"Great Product; Better than others"

What do you like best?

This is the most advanced free form I have seen. I tried many products before finding JotForm and am glad I did. The ability to shrink question sizes, define where the label is displayed, set conditions, and the action that occurs when a form is submitted put it beyond its competitors. It may take a while to fully understand the product, but once understood this is a strong product for your arsenal.

What do you dislike?

There is the occasional bug but this is very minor and does not hinder me at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, give it a try, this product definitely has all the right features for me. I had to learn how to use some of it, but it was worth it in the end.

I use JotForm for a Registration Form. There are a lot of built-in questions that make getting started with JotForm a breeze. The free version, in which I am using now, allows for a number of submissions and views a month. Plenty for the average non-profit or small business, but with the quality of the tool, I would easily be willing to pay the monthly price should the need arise.

JotForm review by Jaimie B.
Jaimie B.

"Easy to use and great interface"

What do you like best?

Jotform provides professional, fast and easy forms. They are modern, customizable and work well within webpages. They also offer a non-profit discount on plan pricing! You can also customize colors.

What do you dislike?

Some of the form options can be a little tricky, like "if", "then" questions. Had to try numerous times to get this to work. I also wish the whole form could be viewable on one page instead of separate pages for each question. I wish they had more background themes to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out of three different form widgets (Google Forms, Typeform and JotForm), JotForm stands out above the rest for their customization capabilities, ease of use, website integration, and form options.

We use JotForm for event registration, for questionnaires, follow-up forms, and more.

JotForm review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Easy Form Creation, Fluctuating Billing Structure"

What do you like best?

Love the versatility of the form builder, and their emphasis on keeping it compatible with emerging technologies. Their forums are also super-helpful - chances are if you have a question or problem you'll find someone else who's already asked your question and gotten an answer.

What do you dislike?

Jotform has changed it's billing structure a few times while I've been a customer, and it's really frustrating to have forms go offline because you suddenly get switched over to a limited number of form views. Future billing changes need to take into account existing users and make an effort to keep forms online, rather than trying to rake in new revenue from existing users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you define your use-case before using Jotform - you need to know how many forms, views, fields, etc you want to use before choosing a plan.

Collecting data from customers and from within our company.

JotForm review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Jotform is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Jotform is incredibly user friendly. Click and drag and in no time you have a professional form that can easily be integrated into a website or email. The software is extensive and offers options for every imaginable scenario. I've used it for multiple situations and it has never disappointed.

What do you dislike?

Really... nothing. As I mentioned above, the software is very user friendly. I can truly think of nothing that I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it... you will absolutely not be disappointed!

We needed a catalog request form for our newly updated website and our website design software did not include a form that could be customized with an address field. I knew that Jotform could do what I needed, so I created multiple forms for several request forms that we needed and they easily integrated with our website. They've been utilized several times already. My bosses were thrilled!

JotForm review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Very Customizable form making platform."

What do you like best?

Its very customizable to fit any task, allows addition of pay button in the form in case there is application fees to be paid. Its cloud-based making it flexible accessible on any device from anywhere anytime. Sharing of link makes it easy to market the activity or post job vacancy. Instant notifications are sent to your email when someone fills the form.

What do you dislike?

The process of customizing is tedeous and very procedure, pay buttons don't always work it requires some training or much reading to effectively use it. Many marketing messages to email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jot forms is very professional as compared to its competitors and makes it easy to receive applications in conjuction with any fees required all at one place at the same time.

Job posting, paid event organizing, insights collection and surveys.

JotForm review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Submissions made easy"

What do you like best?

I have used Jotform for JCI Michigan and JCI USA for there trimester and yearly submissions. It has made integrating our Drive for submissions a breeze which in the end helps multiple people have access to review. The user interface is simple and friendly. While the back-end is clear to set up.

What do you dislike?

Needs a office 365 plug in as another drive option that a lot of people use as well, rather than having to use a third party in between.

Hundreds of submissions coming in at once this helps us sort items in our google drive and keep it simple for the front end user.

JotForm review by John D.
John D.

"More Form then you could imagine "

What do you like best?

Even as a person that has little computer skills I was able to navigate the site. Creating the form was simple and step by step.

What do you dislike?

It did take me awhile to figure out how to link my form where I needed it to go. I would like to have been able to chat with someone from the company with questions. Also if this is a feature I haven't used it, I would like to have a way to have submissions sent to my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you see ALL that they have to offer. If you don't see the form you need then they can make it

We needed a way for customer to refer people to us without having to call us. It is nice to have a separate page for customer to go to for this task.

JotForm review by Janene S.
Janene S.

"Easily Build Professional-Looking Forms"

What do you like best?

I use JotForm regularly in my job. It's very easy build professional-looking forms to collect a variety of data (i.e., it's not all simple radio buttons and open-ended questions). Forms can be built with an added layer of security, so we don't have to worry about spam when sharing links to the forms. I can configure forms so that notifications are sent to me, to the person responding to the form, other staff (via their JotForm accounts). There are a multitude of useful extensions built by third party developers that I can search for within JotForm. And the platform itself is very affordable, and they have a number of discount offers throughout the year.

What do you dislike?

Configuring email notifications when forms are submitted is still a little confusing and buggy. Confusing because the fields where you supply information about where you want emails to go are written as macros (similar to the way you see in a mail merge) and buggy, because notifications are not always sent to additional accounts as requested.

While not really a negative, I'd love to be able to collect all responses in a single worksheet. At present, we can only view submissions piecemeal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The JotForm starter package is free, so you can kick some tires and deploy a limited number of forms right from the start. And, while the packages are quite affordable from the start (<$500 annually), JotForm does offer a number of discounts throughout the year (when signing up for an account, select the option to receive notifications about promotions).

The ability to upload a variety of supplemental files to forms was the reason we started using JotForm in the first place - Google Forms and Survey Monkey, the platforms where we normally built forms to collect member data, didn't have that feature. As a result, JotForm allowed us to really streamline our board elections process, awards nominations, and member requests because now, members could upload files to forms electronically rather than submitting separately by email and snail mail.

JotForm review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that there are a ton of templates to choose from and I like that it is very easy to create a form.

What do you dislike?

The form designer would be a little easier to used especially when you go into the CSS. I also wish the drag and drop was a little more customizable, sometimes I can not always get exactly what I'm going for and the CSS is clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an an easy to use tool that is quick and intimidate as far as results are concerned. I think a few tweeks to this tool and it would be off the chart excellent.

We are able to create a survey on the fly and have it up on our site in a matter of mins. We are also able to track and see the results and get more information on our own.

JotForm review by Cheryl W.
Cheryl W.

"JotForm is easy and free"

What do you like best?

JotForm is a easy to use and has lots of options available for how to integrate the form.

What do you dislike?

There could be a little more customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are different subscription levels based on your needs. If you give the free version a try until you need to upgrade, you will be able to use 5 forms and 500 submissions--that gives you plenty of time to see what a great app it is!

I am able to create forms and use in my sales funnels and on web pages. It makes it easy for people to fill out forms and submit because the forms are online and responses are emailed to you as well as saved on the website.

JotForm review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"JotForm for Clients - B+/A-"

What do you like best?

When it comes to JotForm, I'm a big fan of their advanced design interface for customizing your forms, which is super user friendly.

Additionally, they offer multiple integration options including lightbox, pop-up form, embed, link, etc. all of which I have used successfully. You can even customize these to an extent, like the lightbox form, which is typically not offered for free on other platforms.

Lastly, I like that JotForm is free for the first 5 forms. If you aren't anticipating high volume, this is a great option.

What do you dislike?

The initial building portion of the interface could be more user-friendly. The way you integrate products and payment is a little bit counter-intuitive, but not impossible to do. Even after doing it a number of times I have to pause and remember the course I took last to modify the products on a form.

Wish it didn't have the JotForm logo on the bottom of embedded forms, but that's what you typically get with free versions, so I can't complain too much!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If you're looking for a free app, this is not spammy at all, it's well designed and easy enough to use.

JotForm has allowed me to create versatile and dynamic forms for my clients with payment integration that I can easily embed in their SquareSpace and GoDaddy websites with ease. My clients appreciate having all of their form information that visitors insert in one place and being able to export it and combine with other newsletter lists.

It has enabled small businesses to take payments for services, larger companies to receive job applications with attachments, and all of my clients to utilize very professional-looking forms on their sites.

JotForm review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Intuitive tool, perfect for surveys!"

What do you like best?

I like the options Jotform has to a) compile results into a spreadsheet automatically, b) send an email with results once a form entry has been completed, and c) its integration availability with Google Drive, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way the forms display in a mobile browser. For example, if I were to open a form link that I received via email, the checkboxes are too small on my 5” mobile screen. Additional optimization for mobile use would be a great improvement.

We use Jotform namely for tenant feedback and RSVPs to special events. It’s great to send out a simple link and have results quickly and without having to manually enter any data. This is VERY attractive to me, and is one of the reasons I continue to use jotform.

JotForm review by Administrator

"Great, Easy but not without it's flaws..."

What do you like best?

I like the ease and speed in which you can easily build a form for any use.

What do you dislike?

Have an issue? Hope you don't mind digging through message boards. No way of interacting directly with a human representing the company which I find highly inconvenient. We have also experienced difficulty with some of the integrations and getting them set up and working as they were intended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, easy to use, cross your fingers regarding any issues that may involve customer support. If you go in knowing that, you are not likely to be disappointed. Simple and easy to create and modify styles from form to thank you page. Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

Contact forms and otherwise are created and utilized with ease using JotForm

JotForm review by Pam L.
Pam L.

"Jot Form review"

What do you like best?

Jot Form is simple to use and the customer support is great. A lot of more options if you need them.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing I haven't been able to do. And if there is a problem they are very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the paid and the free version of JotForm, what a pleasure to use the free version without any ads like so many other programs.

I've used the software for membership profiles, client surveys and more. It's great to be able to use the graphs and charts made up of the results.

JotForm review by Crystal C.
Crystal C.

"One powerful little form builder"

What do you like best?

The form is not a generic looking boring form. It can be customized to represent my branding. This is true even with the free version.

What do you dislike?

If you use a template, there seems to be no way to change the name of the template. This is a concern when sharing the form on social media platforms. Example: My Vendor Registration form says Solicitation Form when I share the link on the upper top bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great if you want to eliminate the need for PDFS as attachments. If you do decide you'd prefer to send a PDF you still can as it will cover your form into a printable PDF too.

Getting Vendors registered for my event quickly and efficiently including paying the vendor fee.

Quicker on boarding from vendors.

JotForm review by Erick R.
Erick R.

"Simple and powerful"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop modular form entries are incredibly easy to use and they've thought of most of the basic needs for any form you could want. It's very easy to add in your own graphics and to add small features that make your finished product look very high quality. The free version allows full access to features, you're just limited in how many forms you can use.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to get bogged down trying to over-customize your form. You can really start to get into very specific aspects of each line if you try to make it perfect, which can be a drag on time and simplicity.

I'm able to easily collect information from people I work with in a way that looks professional and high quality. It collates data into usable excel sheets that I can manipulate however I want.

JotForm review by User

"Jotform is nice. The best software of its kind"

What do you like best?

The simplicity, and user-friendliness of Jotform is great. It's straight forward and doesn't try to do too much. I also like their customer support team.

What do you dislike?

Jotform fails on me consistently. About once out of every 10 or so. I've spent 5 months trying to figure out why, and split testing reasons why to no avail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your edit tool handy as we are constantly updating our forms. Their support is good but I would appreciate one person per support ticket so that there's no overlap of having to explain things multiple times.

Some of the character limits in jotform can get in the way but that's no big deal.

Submitting job orders off to production and prepress

JotForm review by Carla P.
Carla P.

"Easiest Form Builder for Web Designers"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop interface is super easy to use. It's just really intuitive. It has all the elements you need and are used to seeing, including drop down lists, check boxes, and so on.

I have used several other form builders. For example, Wufoo, Contact Form 7, and several others. Jotform is definitely the easiest to use.

Another advantage is how it allows download of submissions. You can download in Excel, CSV, or PDF. The PDFs look great.

Finally, I have found Jotform the most reliable. I've lost submissions when using Contact Form 7 inside of WordPress. Not good! I finally moved to a third party platform (Jotform) so that I could be sure to get all the submissions.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find your account information, such as number of submissions and how to get more space for your forms. I finally had to find it and write down the link I needed to use. Another disadvantage is that you can only download 20 PDF submissions at a time. It breaks them into separate files. With my slow connection, sometimes I lose the second file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you try several products, you will find Jotform is the easiest to use.

I am currently working on a photography order form with calculations. This one is a little harder to create! I have to go through some of the tutorials before I can build it. It is great there is a tool out there like Jotform that allows us designers to do this type of work without a programmer.

JotForm review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Exceptional Way to Organize Intake/Information"

What do you like best?

A fantastic product with quality pricing that allows businesses to carefully do intake of clients/prospects, or create public-facing surveys, to develop compelling databases for a wide range of uses. Unique URLs for each survey, easy downloads, emailing out of responses to stakeholders, clients - it's fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Search could be improved to allow all forms to be checked in those instances where similar surveys were needed but could not be merged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider integration with things like Google docs to maintain your data in real time on shared platforms. Very effective for interviews that can be bulk uploaded into CRM products.

Maintaining data offsite to ensure consistent management of information. Surveys/polls for updated professional inquiries. Can be used as a DIY intake manager for client services or to make intake easier for call center staff to avoid clicking through screens/interfaces. Can also be an effective way to prevent data deletion and system integrity - have your employees do the intake within a jotform and then have your IT professionals bulk upload the content to your CRM at the end of the day.

JotForm review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Lots of flexibility, but lacks features"

What do you like best?

Jotform allows custom CSS and supports widgets and plugins for non-standard form elements. For the most part, you can make the design look however you want utilizing the custom css. However, this is only the case on the standard form. The one question per page forms do not support custom css.

What do you dislike?

Jotform lacks complex logic beyond simple if/then statements. I could not do an if/then based on a users state entered into an address field. I had to copy it to a hidden text field, then perform logic on that text field.

Quickly create forms that are easy to design to our brand guidelines.

JotForm review by Kelton H.
Kelton H.

"Simple tool for both administrators and end users"

What do you like best?

The simple drag and drop form builder allows me to quickly build tools for my end users, employees, that are both simple and useful.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use jotform. You will not regret it and neither will your end users.

Jotform allows me to create a streamlined way for employees to make requests of our finance and HR department without using traditional email. While the requests forms do ultimately get forwarded to an email address of my choosing, all of the forms are stored according to their kind in jotform which makes finding an old one very easy.

JotForm review by User

"Professional, Versatile Great Looking Forms!"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop functions make creating awesome looking forms easy. Huge selection of widgets give you the ability to create forms of virtually any kind. Even accepting payments is easy as JotForm integrates with a ton of different processing companies.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! JotForm is the perfect solution for our companies form needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect, affordable solution for creating almost any type of form. Awesome for accepting payments and even agreement signing. The platform keeps everything easily organized and accessible anywhere you have access to a browser. Ability to customize emails upon form completion make it feel extremely custom. JotForm saves our company time and financial resources which is critical for a lean start up.

JotForm allows us to go paper-free when signing contracts with clients. It's also a great solution for creating surveys and even contest entry forms for customers.

JotForm review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Simple form maker"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simplicity and limited amount of time it takes to create a usable form. We are able to produce many varying forms with ease in order to get the feedback we need from any given project. Has some customization tools that allow us to show our company information easily to those filling out our form, without requiring us to pay more for branding our form. Works well across the board.

What do you dislike?

Restrictions are held on what you can customize within your form, especially when using a lower level account. But they have to make money somehow!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the level at which you plan to scale your forms. If you are only using it for one form vs a different form every day can change your opinion between products.

Easily able to get information from people in other countries without having to wait for them to mail back our physical form.

JotForm review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use to create forms"

What do you like best?

I can design the form with my own colors and add my logo in the welcome page. I'm also able to use many different kind of questions in my survey form such as long or short text, multiple choice, chart and image choice. I can even have question hidden based on the answer of the previous question.

What do you dislike?

The available themes are not too great in my opinion, I would like more choices

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need some easy surveys to post on social media to capture leads this is a great option.

Creating surveys to get leads and subscribers.

JotForm review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great for Streamlining Content "

What do you like best?

Jotform is my preferred survey software and has exceeded SurveyMonkey for me as far as intuitive design and ease of streamlining data. I appreciate the variety of functions that each survey question can have, and the templates that are offered on both the free and premium versions.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to customize surveys on particular internet browsers. It seems that Jotform is compatible with some browsers but not others.

JotForm has allowed us to streamline organizational certification data directly from surveys onto Google forms. This has saved us the time and effort it used to take to manually copy and paste.

JotForm review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"perfect for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like all of the integrations that you can use- for example paypal and authorize.net. It is always an easy software to use to create forms and add to your site.

What do you dislike?

The forms sometimes look not "legit" although secure I have had clients say they don't look secure. Im sure with more editing I could make the form look better but maybe a better template for just a simple payment form.

We utilize these forms for clients having payment forms, appointment forms, book forms.

JotForm review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Jotform: Clean and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Jotform is a swift and easy way to create forms for wide distribution. The user experience is great! Recipients can attach files and even provide an e-signature.

What do you dislike?

My only pet peeve is it is still switching between Version 3 and Version 4, which makes a difference when updating a form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret the change. It's great!

We implemented Jotform to help with event sponsor solicitation. Rather than use a clunky PDF/Word Document, sponsors can now submit their information electronically. Confirmation emails are easily customizable and have improved the experience from our members.

"Simplicity at its best"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to make it look nice, easy to copy and edit forms. Basic functions but does everything you need in a form. It is free to use up to 5 forms, so for a small business like ours it was perfect. Able to export excel spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could drag and drop wherever you want on the form, but it's only basic formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before any other form program

Able to do a weekly form for our cafe for meal plans. The benefits were great because our customers could write comments in forms.

JotForm review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"JotForm has made my day-to-day work responsibilities easier."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to view submissions, along with the fact that you can change the form at any time, and that information is just added to your reporting, but it doesn't affect previous reports at all.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more widget options for scheduling.

It makes it easier for me to gather information that can easily be converted into an Excel report.

JotForm review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Jot Form is simple"

What do you like best?

usability for all users in the organization. From Marketing to call center we use it to collect data from different clients.

What do you dislike?

exporting options into CSV or basic excel is nice but being able to have more controls with the data inputs after the fact woud be better.

collecting data for surveys, event's, and customer reviews.

JotForm review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

JotForms provides a clean and easy way to create and submit forms. It is very user-friendly on the setup and user interface. Friendly customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues on the customer end - usually trying to make forms mandatory when we clearly don"t have the form showing as being mandatory. I wish there was an easier way to have a smart logic show when I print the form for showing upper management.

It really helps to collect customer information and application for certain projects.

JotForm review by User in Higher Education

"I have enjoyed using JotForm. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very intuitive to add different features to a form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't preview without making the form live.

We can use multiple forms at a time and different people can use the form.

"I love Jotform"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the app is the ease of use. I am not the most tech savy person but building forms with jotform is super easy. Anyone can do it.

What do you dislike?

I have not ran into anything that I do not like.

Jotform allows me to collect needed data from potential clients. It has allowed me to reach customer's who want the services I offer instead of cold calling.

JotForm review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Jot form is a great program with varied possibilites."

What do you like best?

The pricing structure fits our company well. We can create many different types of forms to fit our needs. The conditional formatting, downloadable pdfs, are great.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything specific that I don't like. I am a heavy user of the program and it really works great for our needs.

Finding a program where we could distribute a form and then distribute the results in a pdf.

JotForm review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Poor poor service"

What do you like best?

Easy to build, usable forms that look good

What do you dislike?

Cancelled a reputable businesses paid for subscription, and deleted forms, without warning or explanation, what did we pay for? No Ts & Cs broken, can't use a company that acts this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use if you rely on forms, they can and will delete paid for subscriptions without warning or explanation

none

JotForm review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very helpful! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, many templates, integrates will all our other programs.

What do you dislike?

New update is a bit hard to understand, Export is not the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the templates and apps

Sales Leads

JotForm review by Administrator

"Easy Way to Gather Information "

What do you like best?

Forms are simple to create, simple to modify, simple to pull data from.

What do you dislike?

No phone number for support (only email), no way to pull all submission data for all forms at once.

The ability to be able to collect data and drive users to the next step in the funnel.

JotForm review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Use it weekly"

What do you like best?

It is free and allows download as a PDF; it is easy to set up a new form.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I log in I see code for a few seconds before the site loads.

Allows others to complete a form and downloads as a concise PDF.

JotForm review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Functional!"

What do you like best?

It gives you a lot of manual control over forms with widgets.

What do you dislike?

The conditional logic is extremely difficult to use.

Making creative briefs to organize and simplify design team workflow.

Learning about JotForm?

* We monitor all JotForm reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.