Journyx

Journyx is project, time and expense tracking software that allows you to automate cost accounting, measure work profitability, bill customers, and pay employees.

Work for Journyx?

Learning about Journyx?

Journyx Reviews

Ask Journyx a Question
Showing 54 Journyx reviews
Journyx review by <span>Shannon G.</span>
Shannon G.

"Just Okay Time Reporting"

What do you like best?

It was easy to switch between weeks and see previously submitted timesheets - this is great for having a "paper trail" if there are any questions later in time. It is also a simple interface; the lack of clutter cuts down on possible confusion. It's really straightforward, no frills - a simple time reporting system.

What do you dislike?

Users cannot update their own timesheet if mistakes are made or things change. The timesheet must be rejected by the reviewer before the user can update the timesheet. It would be much better for the user to be able to update the timesheet and resubmit, barring approval, instead of the upfront action of the reviewer rejecting the timesheet.

Another issue was password support. So many times, our passwords would expire and we wouldn't be given notification of it. This locks you out of the system until you call the support line. This seemed to happen more often than it should have. There should be a better communication system in place to alert users to expiring passwords.

In addition, most companies already have a time submitting application, so I don't necessarily see a huge need for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Journyx is a simple, easy to use system. There are a few annoying snags - the lack of password expiration alerts, the inability for a user to update their timesheet without the reviewer rejecting the timesheet. I would recommend this for small companies.

This would be good for a small company who does not want to build their own time submission system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Journyx
Journyx review by <span>Scott U.</span>
Scott U.

"Using JX for many years; Continues to be a reliable time-management tool for us"

What do you like best?

We have been using JournyX for many years (possibly 14+?). As a small E-learning services company, having an easy to manage and reliable time-tracking tool was critical to us as a professional services firm. We are very metrics driven, and manage our work by project codes, deliverables, roles, and types. JX has a relatively simple to use administrative interface to create the time entry and expense entry forms best suited to manage or books and KPIs. Having had the tool in house for this long, we have well integrated the data and the system into several other systems in our professional services ERP model.

What do you dislike?

The interface is fairly dated, but we are quite familiar with it, so that is not really a negative for our company. The primary feature we struggle with most is the inability to allow line-item rejection of time entries. We run a matrix resource pool, so each team member works across projects owned by different project owners. As weekly time cards are submitted for approval, it is not possible to allow a simple line item of a card to be reject due to error or miss-assignment without reject the full card and other project owners "approved" hours. This feature is a real sticking point for us at present.

As a professional services firm, time-tracking for billable service is critical, as is the ability to segment this work by line-of-business, client, project, role, and resource. JX accomplishes this well and suits our needs.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Journyx review by <span>Bennet O.</span>
Bennet O.

"Major improvements in latest version"

What do you like best?

The older version used to be pretty cumbersome but we finally upgraded to a more recent version and the timesheet entry has become incredibly more easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The time approval actually became less user friendly in the latest version. Too many steps and I cannot mass-approve like I used to be able to. It makes it much harder to approve a big team after reviewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on the need. We don't use it for project management work but it's a great time keeping system.

The ability to track billable work across many projects is very easy in Journyx.

Journyx review by <span>Keona J.</span>
Keona J.

"Journyx is a reliable software that allows you to input you time accurately. "

What do you like best?

I like that is calculates the hours for you and the program is efficient and safe.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes.The program is easy to use.

Journyx provides a safe way to input time with no mistakes and receive your paycheck with no miscalculating of your time.

Journyx review by <span>Becki K.</span>
Becki K.

"End User Friendly & Great Reporting Features"

What do you like best?

The Excel Reportlink feature is excellent. It allows you to pull time and report on it using multiple filters. Reports are easily manipulated and are easily run for multiple time periods. Our end users find the time reporting functions easy to use. We only use the time reporting features, but I would imagine the other features would also have similar end user friendliness. The DCAA Audit compliance feature is also great - being able to track changes and monitor all activity on a timesheet is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The administrative, set-up side of Journyx is not as user-friendly as I would hope. Setting up users is simple enough. Setting up projects takes several steps and requires mapping of projects, tasks, and bill types to groups. It has quite a bit of a learning curve, and once that is figured out, it's not impossible, however training new staff on the administrative end of Journyx is time consuming. There are also a few functional things that could probably be changed to make the approval process easier.

We are solving the need to have necessary timekeeping procedures in place. Journyx allows us to not only track the time, but to also report and keep appropriate records for that time.

Journyx review by Administrator

"Some of the feedback about the software"

What do you like best?

As far, we only make use of the Time Sheet, the Expense Sheet doesn't meet the accounting practices for my company. The Journyx is one of the "cleanest" timesheet interface that we ever used. It provides sufficient features for all the timesheet activities yet not complex for our users.

What do you dislike?

Few of the things that I personally felt it has room to improve. The 2 most obvious areas:

1) The portfolio concept and built is relatively weak for Journyx (understand it is timesheet systems), perhaps a bit more on project info could help. :D I know you can export to MS Excel but that is not the PPM software idea that I looking for. Some how MS Excel is not a PPM software. As for now, we use Journyx to record the time spent and export the data to our PPM software for further analysis.

2) Report Export - perhaps an option to export report as Excel might greatly help! :D

We are an IT consulting company focusing on Identity Security. Timesheet is one of the most important thing for our consulting team members to charge their services.

Journyx review by <span>Roy E.</span>
Roy E.

"Journyx ability to report time effectively. "

What do you like best?

The entry screen for our 145 employees is easy to use and to train on for new employees. There lots of options available to customize the software to our needs.

What do you dislike?

set-up or customization can take a long time. Reporting usage an issue at the start, but we've been able to design custom reporting in Excel once we export the data. No direct link with Sage accounting software. I've had to create a work around with macro's in excel to load the data into Sage 300 (formally Accpac). We would like an app to work on Blackberry phones (other phones are not secure for use in the business world (ie Apple's gaming phones)).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to learn the administration role and all the options available.

Our main use of the software is to tack time spent on client task. We are in the service/administration business, so we tack time for internal and client costing analysis. Only about 5% of the time entered into timesheet is used to bill the client. We have been able to realize actual time spent on projects and provide better costing for future clients to stay competitive in our market place.

Journyx review by <span>Kit R.</span>
Kit R.

"Mostly a struggle, with some perks "

What do you like best?

The ease of certain functions is great, for example - reopening timesheets, inputting projects, customized reports, and the automatically memorizing timesheets are pretty great.

What do you dislike?

It's really slow to load customer accounts. We do have a fair amount of data, but I'd think the application could handle it as we are a fairly normal company. The system also seems more complicated than necessary, and not very intuitive. The Help menus are not complete enough to answer my questions, and although JournyX support is great - it's expensive, and my company won't pay for it. As a result, we're making attempts to move away from using JournyX because trying to figure things out in JournyX is often more trouble than it's worth, and we can find work-arounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Newer versions of JournyX might be better, but having an old version that's completely paid for, I cannot get the support I need - simply because we're not paying the annual support fee. We've paid a lot already, and I'd expect a better show of support and loyalty for a customer that's used the software for over 10 years, and has paid a lot over the years. At 2-3k per year for support, the support isn't worth that cost. $300-$500 per year for support on the older versions is what I'd expect.

Tracking people's time spent while providing professional services. As an administrator, maintenance of JournyX seems excessive, and difficult to navigate.

Journyx review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

"We use Journyx for recording time of our field employees working at customer sites."

What do you like best?

What attracted us to Journyx was its flexibility in how it can track time. The final selling point was its simple set-up. We use Journyx to track all of our "retail": contract employee's time at customer locations.

What do you dislike?

We really don't dislike anything with Journyx. However, we'd like to delegate some of the administration tasks to departments. For example, we have to centrally define all tasks, and projects. It would be nice to delegate the task and project set-up to department heads so they could maintain these on their own. Not a big issue, but, providing some self-service on this would expedite getting new or updated tasks, projects in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Journyx consulting team to help you set-up the system initially and teach you best practices.

Our customers like the system as it eliminates paper timecards. Our accounting group likes the system because it eliminates the manual keying of timecards with all the errors, etc. that go with it.

Journyx review by <span>Jo A.</span>
Jo A.

"Overall Satisfied"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of Journyx is the flexibility to create your own labor distributions and categories that will link up with QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part is the many steps that I have to remember to deactivate or create a new employee, group, or job.

Journyx allowed us to move away from paper timesheets and automate our timekeeping system that is compliant with DCAA regulations. This software has allowed us to automate our timekeeping system, even though we have employees in several states and US territories.

Journyx review by <span>Brandon H.</span>
Brandon H.

"Jourynx review "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. I have two tabs I use, one for time entry and one for expenses. There is an auto-populated date feature set up for two-week increments. I believe the superuser can set up the intervals as needed based on how the payroll falls.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike as of yet.

I solve I.T. related problems. The Jourynx program is very simple and quick to use.

Journyx review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Journyx made scheduling a lot easier for me. "

What do you like best?

The individuals I scheduled to work are Soldiers with the Army National Guard and had drill dates and annual training. There were often unexpected time off requests and overlapping 2 week periods where I was unable to schedule my team, and able to schedule others. Journyx made it easy for me to quickly make adjustments, without having to go through several steps or processes to change their schedules. I was also able to schedule individuals from other departments when needed. Adding or removing individuals was also very simple.

What do you dislike?

I have used several different types of scheduling software in the past and Journyx by far exceeded my expectations and saved me time. I personally feel that there are no cons about the software that I have run into yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you try a trial to determine if it is right for your organization.

Managed 32 individuals including a Deputy Program Manager, 3 Shift Supervisors and 28 satellite operators in a government contracted program for the Department of Defense.

The benefit is the simplicity of the software.

Journyx review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Journyx review"

What do you like best?

It is super simple to use and works great!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little confusing when inputting times

Haven't had any problems with the software. This makes it easy for everyone to input there time and for payroll to review

Journyx review by <span>Mateen K.</span>
Mateen K.

"Journyx - Best for time sheets & expenses"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Journyx is the time sheet management and their excel reporting tool. It's easier for the consultants to record their time and easier for the analysts to run reports, compare what's billable and what isn't and forward it to the client. It saves a lot of time since it's all automated.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific. It all works out but still could be better if there were some dash-boarding built into the software.

We were looking to automate our time sheet reporting and the benefits were a lot.

It's all on a centralized location, no reason to go through spreadsheets and reconcile the hours. Everything is done automatically and it saved many hours.

Journyx review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Administrative User"

What do you like best?

Journyx 's customization fits majority of needs of our business. I like how admin can customized their own custom fields,

What do you dislike?

The search menu should allow you to make several selections and they should come up to see what has been selected. If search menu can be improved journyx would be so much better. Many times you have to scroll making sure not to hit any selections since it can remove them. If they were shown as a preview or something you would not run that risk.

I don't like that Journyx allows the user to overcharge hours pass the amount that was allocated.

What I don't like is that you can not removed some non-custom fields. You should be able to hide them.

Also, I don't like that some reports do not have all the information needed so we are forced to add them into customs fields making double manual entries for admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your main intend first before setting up.

Journyx reporting capabilities are great. Report is makes things report even easier.

Journyx review by <span>Vincent V.</span>
Vincent V.

"User and Integrator"

What do you like best?

As a User, the user interface was pretty simple and not too complicated. Having tasks be remembered automatically for the next week was practical, and the week grid allows fast time entry.

As a Developer who had to integrate other systems to automatically add time entries, the API had a very good and clear documentation. It made it a lot easier to integrate the product.

What do you dislike?

As a User, I disliked the occasional minor glitches in the interface: alignment problems with long description lines, slugginess during a few operations.

As a Developer, not being able to look at the python code because it shipped in binary only form was a big annoyance, especially when we found bugs. This prevented us from providing clearer bug reports and even patches. Support was at first unhelpful when attempting to submit critical security issues with the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product filled basic time keeping and reporting needs that my organization needed, and offered simple integration as a source and destination for other company applications.

Time tracking, integration of Request Tracker and Redmine into a single destination.

Journyx review by <span>Mark W.</span>
Mark W.

"Worked with Journyx for 7 years"

What do you like best?

Fast and reliable - able to handle 4 biweekly payrolls, totaling over 900 employees. Easy to setup and use. We also used the data to integrate to our ERP payroll system. Once we had the system configured, it ran well. Able to have multiple pay codes, and track time by day. We also used it to limit personal and vacation time, to prevent users from over-allocating their hours.

What do you dislike?

User interface could be better. Minor learning curve. User licensing was high. I would have like better overtime logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the time we purchased and implemented, there was no integration to Dynamics GP. They now have a module that can do that part. We developed our own solution.

eTimesheet solution. We did not use the project features.

Journyx review by <span>Anne H.</span>
Anne H.

"We use it for fund accounting to manage multiple grants/projects/contracts and also for cases."

What do you like best?

We can easily prepare reports for a variety of purposes. Because staff have to complete every pay period, it ensures timely reporting of time spent on different activities.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow on loading when there are lots of activities and cost centers being entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes tracking important time and expense a breeze for a business - easy to report on a federal grant, time/expense for G&A and/or time on fundraising for the auditor.

Our funders are so satisfied with our system that we have to produce less documentation in order to receive payment. We can always produce the reports on request, but funders love this system.

Journyx review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great Time Management Software"

What do you like best?

Although web-based, Journyx is a great timesheet tool that is easy for all employees to use. Searching for jobs by keyword is easy too. I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Software is slow when running reports. Can take up to 1 minutes to export printable timesheets.

Since journyx is web based, employees traveling and away from the office can still enter their timesheets. This is very helpful.

Journyx review by <span>Diane Z.</span>
Diane Z.

"Sr. Staff Accountant"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigation between report functions. I like being able to customize reports to fit the needs of our Receivables. Tracking time entry compliance. Makes it easy to see who has or has not completed their time sheets.

What do you dislike?

Time Reports: The automated date calendar for reports. Would like for it to cover the beginning and end of the previous month. Then is would be already on the dates you need for the invoicing of the previous period when running your time reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Journyx has helped our accounting department keep up with the steady growth of this consulting firm. Tracking time electronically has sped up the invoicing process and helps ensure payroll hours are collected and calculated correctly and timely.

Identifying work performed on different projects. Really helps when invoicing a client.

Journyx review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Journyx great for on the go and in the office"

What do you like best?

The ease of report creating and interpretation. The fact that the reports can be downloaded into Excel makes the usefulness that much more inviting.

The user friendly timesheet program is easy to train new staff on and pretty self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the oldest timesheet history shows first. Would love it if the most recent timesheet showed up under all timesheet approvals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

love the mobile app...

the ability for staff to be able to be on the road and still get their timesheets completed and approved regardless of whether they are able to log into the VPN or not. The ability to copy reports to various users that they can adjust to suit themselves makes it so you don't have to reinvent the wheel - just tweak saving time.

Journyx review by <span>K Michelle F.</span>
K Michelle F.

"Administrator, SME and trainer for JournyX Time and Projectxecute at Axis Inc."

What do you like best?

The user interface for timesheet is very simple to use. Little training is required for this. It has customization abilities that makes it feasible for almost all industries needs. It also integrates fairly easily with other programs. The customer service department are very friendly and the developers are always working on improvements and enhanced based on customer experiences.

What do you dislike?

The help desk is not as knowledgable on projectxecute issues as they are timesheet issues. Implementation is outsourced to a third party (like every other software company I know) so it makes the deployment slow and aggravating to work through.

Journyx solved our unaccounted for billable hours that had cost us dearly in the past. Solved customer billing issues of charging the wrong accounts and gave visibility across the organization for world wide on going projects.

Journyx review by <span>Jose P.</span>
Jose P.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

Integration wtih Outlook is excellent - none of the normal hangups or resultant crashes that other products seem to cause. The whole thing is backup up by a solid time management system and training that really changed my personal productivity.

What do you dislike?

This product is great, I have no complaints.

Journyx time management software has become one of those indispensable tools we use all the time, and has made my company more organized and productive.

Journyx review by <span>Dave C.</span>
Dave C.

"JournyX - User/Admnistrator experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to customise for individual use, easy to administer Users

Report extracts into Excel format

What do you dislike?

Not easy to amend time sheets once they have been approved.

The asp service we use can sometimes run slowly and make data entry painful

We use JX to manage weekly hours, overtime, holidays and sickness and to calculate the percentage of time spent on 6 key functional categories.

Using this data we can assess staffing levels and confirm that we are expending our effort on our core business activities

Journyx review by <span>Steve G.</span>
Steve G.

"Journyx helps keep out hours down..."

What do you like best?

The integration with Quickbooks, is one of the biggest time savers.

What do you dislike?

We don't have the ability to only allow certain project codes for certain people. On the different client / groups, we would like to be able to assign a project code for a specific person and not have them see all codes. This would help reduce the issue in selecting the wrong project code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to help out user base. Before you implement, make sure you put in the time to make sure you are creating your data relationships correctly and the best to utilize the software.

It has reduced the time our employees take to enter their timesheets.

Journyx review by <span>Heather G.</span>
Heather G.

"Ease of use and complaint system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to add new employees and projects

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize certain reports

Ability to track hours on contracts that were allocated and where we are still waiting on additional hours

Journyx review by <span>Bill W.</span>
Bill W.

"Easy to install and administer with a very flexible reporting function."

What do you like best?

It was easy to install and setup. Configuring new project codes, adding users and creating new reports is very straight forward. The ability to share reports is also a very useful feature.

What do you dislike?

We haven't found anything that we dislike about it. It just works and everyone is happy using it.

We needed to record time against projects as a lot of our work is performed on a T&M (time and material) basis. Some of our personnel are based at customer sites therefore access to our servers is not always easy for them. Journyx is used to also track non-billable time and time spent on research and development projects.

Journyx review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.

"Ease of use."

What do you like best?

the ease of use in entering time and running reports.

What do you dislike?

using the search function when entering project numbers/ work codes. it would be easier if we could enter them ourselves if we're sure of the numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely suggest doing a trial run if you're considering using journyx.

we are a service based company, so it helps to understand if we're over or under-billing our clients on labor.

Journyx review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Easy to Use, but Slow...possibly our server issue"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very intuitive. I like that I am able to pull up reports and users very quickly

What do you dislike?

I haven't figured out how to build reports, save and keep them. I can create reports, but I'd like to be able to save them as they are with a new name.

We are re-billing engineering hours to different world areas and projects based on data from Journyx.

Journyx review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great time tracking and reporting tool for Government contractors!"

What do you like best?

Web-based solution so employees can enter time from any web-enabled device. Great way to track time for Government contracts and import information to QuickBooks for payroll and invoicing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little quirky on the back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and great for Government contracting requirements.

Ability to track time and costs. Benefits are ease of use and reporting tools plus ability to link to QuickBooks.

Journyx review by <span>Rodger J.</span>
Rodger J.

"Clear concise and straight forward to use. "

What do you like best?

Being able to get support quickly when I have an issue

What do you dislike?

Not being able to correct the issue by my self.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for the host based, It will save you time for other duties just as important and

let them do the driving housekeeping on retaining the critical accounting figures

I maint our system however, our finance folks must have it :-).

Journyx review by <span>Marcella R.</span>
Marcella R.

"Journyx is a good tool. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and easy for me to keep track of information.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it does not automatically save for you in case you forget to click the save button.

Keeping track of PTO and work hours, since I work from home it allows me to keep track of my 40 hours.

Journyx review by <span>Tim S.</span>
Tim S.

"Journyx is a full featured enterprise time and expense tracking tool."

What do you like best?

Journyx is robust and flexible with many options that is easily customized to fit many use cases. When correctly configured, administration efforts are minimal.

Time approval can be managed by project, by team, or both.

What do you dislike?

From an administration perspective, the interface could be improved for greater efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial configuration should be carefully considered and implemented.

Journyx enables an organization of any size to track time against projects and by team. While the out of the box reports provide basic information, custom reports are easily generated for greater visibility of time and resource utilization

Journyx review by <span>Shawna A.</span>
Shawna A.

"Very effiecient and versatile."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to link mileage, expenses and hours all to certain projects.

What do you dislike?

It is too wide on the screen. We have to scroll to the right to see everything on the time entry screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our data base got too big after using for 10 years. Disappointing.

Job costing/tracking

Journyx review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Keeps track of time well"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and has drop down menus for different tasks

What do you dislike?

It’s not easy to change the time if I forget to clock out at night

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works to keep track of time

It keeps track of my working hours so I can get paid

Journyx review by <span>Ellie L.</span>
Ellie L.

"Easy to use software and good customer service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to make changes to the system from an administrator point of view. Easy to use from a user point of view

What do you dislike?

Was difficult at first to work out how to run email updates but query was solved very quickly when i emailed my problem

Time allocation for hours spent on project work. See where staff are spending there hours which is very important for us due to external funding we can track users time and report back

Journyx review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Journyx is a great timekeeping system!"

What do you like best?

It is fairly simple to use, and editing errors is not difficult or time consuming

What do you dislike?

For half hour increments, you put .3, for 30 minutes, instead of .5, for half an hour. This can be confusing for the users.

Efficiency for time tracking, eliminating the use of paper timesheets. Benefits include being able to pull reports and view data for a better picture of the process.

Journyx review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Easy time keeping software program"

What do you like best?

Ability to export to Excel that enables customization of reporting and graphs.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not as user friendly. They would be better if they looked more like pivot tables.

Resource utilization and allocation tracking. We are trying to gain a better understanding of where the engineering efforts are being utilized to better prioritize manpower. We are also using the software for tracking of engineering time by project for tax benefits.

"Great System"

What do you like best?

It was user friendly and easy to learn. Very simple to understand and fast to train.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people would get confused on how to enter time based on how the company was set up.

I used it to verify that others were entering time correctly. I noticed benefits in how easy it was for users to understand and to generate reporting

Journyx review by User in Higher Education

"Easy time keeping software!"

What do you like best?

There are many options for tracking time as an employee and it's very easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

I kind of wish the lines were more easily differentiated

My company easily tracks employee time and is able to allocate funds accordingly

"Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

Journyx provides an easy-to-use platform for tracking our staff time and billings for work we do with clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular stands out. It fits our basic need of recording, reporting and documenting staff time.

We are determining the cost to serve our clients and how much to bill based on hours contributed. Journyx is a helpful tool for storing and reporting on historical information.

Journyx review by Administrator

"Journyx fits our company needs "

What do you like best?

The best feature of Journyx for our company is the ability for all our employees and contractors to track their time regardless of their work location. Also your customer service is amazing!

What do you dislike?

When running a report, it requires starting from the beginning to put in another date range. The only options are to get a past or future report based off the original date range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it!

Consolidated time keeping for the entire company

Journyx review by <span>Pamela C.</span>
Pamela C.

"useful with some glitches"

What do you like best?

ease of use and cosistancy of data for export

What do you dislike?

editting expense records with receipts attached

electronic expense approval, submisssion and reimbursement

Journyx review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Product and service of Journyx has always been exceptional! Great tool!"

What do you like best?

i liked that we were able to export to excel and use desired data for charts. The ease of pulling reports and just maneuvering around tool.

What do you dislike?

When pulling large amounts of data, how sometimes the system freezes or is not able to pull the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you are unsure, get a demo set up. I will be worth your while to see what they have to offer. It gets better every time!

We are improving our resource planning and management. We have been able to identify areas of work that need more functional management.

"Why Journryx?"

What do you like best?

Keeps track of time for our developers..

What do you dislike?

The system always seem to have an issue integrating with Microsoft Project and seems very cumbersome to get the data out and put into other softwares like payroll.

We are capturing the time each of our developers spend on their projects and billing that to our customers.

Journyx review by <span>Shelly C.</span>
Shelly C.

"Great Product, Great customer service "

What do you like best?

The software is easy to learn, easy to navigate. Great support..

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I do not like

Saves time and money on reporting, and errors.

Journyx review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Easy to use and understand"

What do you like best?

When I pull reports, I am able to view the week before/or following week rather than having to re-pull the entire report again with a new time-frame.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike

Easier for employees to log their time to the correct job. If they need to go back and change something, they do not have a hard time doing that.

Journyx review by <span>Angele M.</span>
Angele M.

"Manage all employee time and overtime through the system"

What do you like best?

Stability of the system is good once it is set up.

What do you dislike?

Flexibility -when we need to make structure changes, challenges in the system are a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Service and flexibility are the biggest challenge

Regulatory requirements; pay requirements; billing out to partners (clients)

Journyx review by Consultant in Pharmaceuticals
Consultant in Pharmaceuticals

"Entry into the 21th Century for timetracking"

What do you like best?

I liked the great user interface and the ability for users to memorize entries. On the admin side, it was great to have the ability to customize reports.

What do you dislike?

I disliked not being able to upgrade as often as upgrades became available.

Our company had to track time in both the US and France. Using Journyx on the web made timetracking for IT projects effiicient!

Journyx review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Jourynx Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed utilizing Journyx. Navigation was easy and the system was able to support the companies special requirements regarding PTO policy and overtime hours.

What do you dislike?

The system was great. I would actually recommend utilizing Journyx over Kronos.

Company recently transitioned from a manual process to an electronic system. Department didn't receive any complaints regarding the navigation and the system was very user friendly.

Journyx review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Journyx review"

What do you like best?

Journyx is a good time keeping system. We use it on a semi-monthly payroll basis

What do you dislike?

It doesn't communicate well with payroll systems

We are soon to be integrated into a different company

Journyx review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Journyx has met our basic needs and added features that have helped our Company."

What do you like best?

Journyx is user friendly, support is fantastic and have always been able to answer any questions or problems that we have. Willing to add features to aid our growing company.

What do you dislike?

At times the site is slow, have to scroll to see drop downs. Would like to be able to access drop down choice with one click.

Currently working with Journyx to merge time and expenses with financials.

Journyx review by Administrator

"Good experience with Journyx"

What do you like best?

Easy to run reports, very comprehensive reports that allow us to understand our costs. Easy to approve timesheets.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are errors that are hard to figure out, and it is expensive.

Timesheet accuracy and approvals are so much easier with Journyx.

Journyx review by Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space
Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space

"Journyx for Govt Contracting"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, integrates with Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see the menu's redesigned, sometimes it's hard to find things.

Collect hours for payroll and invoicing. Very easy to setup and use.

Learning about Journyx?

* We monitor all Journyx reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.