jQuery Mobile

jQuery Mobile is a HTML5-based user interface system designed to make responsive web sites and apps that are accessible on all smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.

Work for jQuery Mobile?

Learning about jQuery Mobile?

jQuery Mobile Reviews

Showing 14 jQuery Mobile reviews
jQuery Mobile review by <span>C. Spencer B.</span>
C. Spencer B.

jQuery Mobile Is Much Less Useful These Days

What do you like best?

jQuery Mobile does a really great job with browser support. The project really is the go-to place if you need to normalize development for a wide variety of mobile browsers.

What do you dislike?

With React and Angular and other single-page application frameworks allowing much more declarative styles, much of jQuery UIs page structure and widgets feel old and clunky. It is much harder to develop a robust mobile app in jQuery Mobile than the alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jQuery Mobile is amazong, but it's looking long in the tooth. If you are doing something non-trivial, use React or Angular.

When I can't rely on users to have modern browsers or I need to support a wide variety of devices, I often use jQuery Mobile to prototype. That is a pretty efficient process. I don't use it that much for actual development anymore.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile review by <span>Suleman A.</span>
Suleman A.

I have worked on Family App in Jquery Mobile

What do you like best?

I like the most - look and feel, rapid development and transactions effects.. even user can create a shortcut on desktop to just feel like native apps.

What do you dislike?

There is a scroll issue in long listing.. When we scroll the page it got stuck and then not loading the further content. Just due to this bug we are planning to move to native app :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommending to others if their company is a startup and building a prototype to test the idea.. then development in jquery is rapid and platform independent to test the idea.

Problem Solving: - We are providing the Communications tools to Senior Living Facilities.

Benefits - Rapid development, Supported in all platforms etc..

What Mobile Development Frameworks solution do you use?

jQuery Mobile review by <span>Alessandro C.</span>
Alessandro C.

Building an hybrid Mobile Mortgage Calculator

What do you like best?

It's ready to go!

If you have any experience with javascript or jquery, jquery mobile will come natural to you. It's a full package of all the necessary touch gestures, handlers and behaviours you need to build any app. Learning curve it's almost non existent if you have an average javascript background.

What do you dislike?

It's really heavy, sometimes bloated with unnecessary options, and not really optimized for the platform was built for. Mobile devices have really limited computing and memory available, and jQuery mobile uses those resources quiet heavily, especially during page transitions and push call.

Laggy animations and jumpy keyframes are almost inevitable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of lighter and powerful alternatives, but jQuery Mobile is packaged with everything you need. I would recommend to use it as a fast prototyping tool, if you don't really care much about performances.

Building a consistent UI for multiple Mobile platforms The theming system of jQuery Mobile helped me a lot to maintain that consistency and keep the user comfortable in a familiar environment, independently from the device he was using.

jQuery Mobile review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

jQuery Mobile is a powerful tool but I feel that it still needs some improvement.

What do you like best?

- Easy adaptability with jQuery and Javascript

- Things made sense given some time and after that, it became second nature to me

What do you dislike?

- When I first worked with jQuery Mobile it took me some time to familiarize myself with the mobile-first approach.

- When it comes to larger databases, it was tough for it to load fast, but that is also can be said with jQuery as well. When you are given so much power and you don't know how to use your code efficiently, then things like this can come up. Thankfully over the years I know what to watch out for but for someone new it may be a difficult thing for them to understand.

I mainly work on my own personal apps from time to time and also some client websites. However to be honest, I don't use jQuery Mobile too much anymore since I felt that jQuery itself is good enough. I do like the theme that jQuery Mobile comes with when I first explored it, but now I am so used to customizing my own themes and styling my own containers I don't widely use it anymore. I am just afraid that too much jQuery plugins loaded into my website may slow it down.

jQuery Mobile review by <span>晨明 .</span>
晨明 .

Easy to learn, easy to use.

What do you like best?

Lots of demos for me to learn, in a simple WYSIWYG way. I can change little codes to create a prototype of my project. Furthermore, when I meet a problem difficult to solve, I will ask some community like stackoverflow.com for help, and it's not possible to find the answer in time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing serious. Maybe it is a little hard to upgrade the framework from a major version to another, especially some widgets like Panels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's convenient to make responsive web sites with jQuery Mobile.

An app like Uber, but it's non-profit. Coworkers could share a car to go to the office.

jQuery Mobile review by <span>Love D.</span>
Love D.

Easy to set up but a bit outdated

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up, and with a theme it looks almost exactly like a native app

What do you dislike?

The classic problem of a good out-of-the-box experience is that it is harder to make changes when you want. This applies to jQuery Mobile.

Instead of creating a native app we made an mobile webpage with jQuery mobile, saving many many hours of work.

Learning about jQuery Mobile?

* We monitor all jQuery Mobile reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.