jQuery Mobile

3.3

jQuery Mobile is a HTML5-based user interface system designed to make responsive web sites and apps that are accessible on all smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.

Work for jQuery Mobile?

Learning about jQuery Mobile?

jQuery Mobile Reviews

Showing 15 jQuery Mobile reviews
jQuery Mobile review by C. Spencer B.
C. Spencer B.

"jQuery Mobile Is Much Less Useful These Days"

What do you like best?

jQuery Mobile does a really great job with browser support. The project really is the go-to place if you need to normalize development for a wide variety of mobile browsers.

What do you dislike?

With React and Angular and other single-page application frameworks allowing much more declarative styles, much of jQuery UIs page structure and widgets feel old and clunky. It is much harder to develop a robust mobile app in jQuery Mobile than the alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jQuery Mobile is amazong, but it's looking long in the tooth. If you are doing something non-trivial, use React or Angular.

When I can't rely on users to have modern browsers or I need to support a wide variety of devices, I often use jQuery Mobile to prototype. That is a pretty efficient process. I don't use it that much for actual development anymore.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile review by Suleman A.
Suleman A.

"I have worked on Family App in Jquery Mobile"

What do you like best?

I like the most - look and feel, rapid development and transactions effects.. even user can create a shortcut on desktop to just feel like native apps.

What do you dislike?

There is a scroll issue in long listing.. When we scroll the page it got stuck and then not loading the further content. Just due to this bug we are planning to move to native app :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommending to others if their company is a startup and building a prototype to test the idea.. then development in jquery is rapid and platform independent to test the idea.

Problem Solving: - We are providing the Communications tools to Senior Living Facilities.

Benefits - Rapid development, Supported in all platforms etc..

What Mobile Development Frameworks solution do you use?

jQuery Mobile review by Alessandro C.
Alessandro C.

"Building an hybrid Mobile Mortgage Calculator"

What do you like best?

It's ready to go!

If you have any experience with javascript or jquery, jquery mobile will come natural to you. It's a full package of all the necessary touch gestures, handlers and behaviours you need to build any app. Learning curve it's almost non existent if you have an average javascript background.

What do you dislike?

It's really heavy, sometimes bloated with unnecessary options, and not really optimized for the platform was built for. Mobile devices have really limited computing and memory available, and jQuery mobile uses those resources quiet heavily, especially during page transitions and push call.

Laggy animations and jumpy keyframes are almost inevitable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of lighter and powerful alternatives, but jQuery Mobile is packaged with everything you need. I would recommend to use it as a fast prototyping tool, if you don't really care much about performances.

Building a consistent UI for multiple Mobile platforms The theming system of jQuery Mobile helped me a lot to maintain that consistency and keep the user comfortable in a familiar environment, independently from the device he was using.

jQuery Mobile review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"jQuery Mobile is a powerful tool but I feel that it still needs some improvement."

What do you like best?

- Easy adaptability with jQuery and Javascript

- Things made sense given some time and after that, it became second nature to me

What do you dislike?

- When I first worked with jQuery Mobile it took me some time to familiarize myself with the mobile-first approach.

- When it comes to larger databases, it was tough for it to load fast, but that is also can be said with jQuery as well. When you are given so much power and you don't know how to use your code efficiently, then things like this can come up. Thankfully over the years I know what to watch out for but for someone new it may be a difficult thing for them to understand.

I mainly work on my own personal apps from time to time and also some client websites. However to be honest, I don't use jQuery Mobile too much anymore since I felt that jQuery itself is good enough. I do like the theme that jQuery Mobile comes with when I first explored it, but now I am so used to customizing my own themes and styling my own containers I don't widely use it anymore. I am just afraid that too much jQuery plugins loaded into my website may slow it down.

jQuery Mobile review by 晨明 .
晨明 .

"Easy to learn, easy to use."

What do you like best?

Lots of demos for me to learn, in a simple WYSIWYG way. I can change little codes to create a prototype of my project. Furthermore, when I meet a problem difficult to solve, I will ask some community like stackoverflow.com for help, and it's not possible to find the answer in time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing serious. Maybe it is a little hard to upgrade the framework from a major version to another, especially some widgets like Panels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's convenient to make responsive web sites with jQuery Mobile.

An app like Uber, but it's non-profit. Coworkers could share a car to go to the office.

jQuery Mobile review by Melifa G.
Melifa G.

"Quite helpful for basic mobile development"

What do you like best?

Quite helpful in user interface styling phase during in developing mobile apps

What do you dislike?

Quite heavy if compared to custom styling

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was using Jquery Mobile during 3 years ago, and for now I don't know how it's been going.

Help me in mobile apps interface styling

jQuery Mobile review by Love D.
Love D.

"Easy to set up but a bit outdated"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up, and with a theme it looks almost exactly like a native app

What do you dislike?

The classic problem of a good out-of-the-box experience is that it is harder to make changes when you want. This applies to jQuery Mobile.

Instead of creating a native app we made an mobile webpage with jQuery mobile, saving many many hours of work.

jQuery Mobile review by User in Computer Software

"Jquery Mobile reviews "

What do you like best?

Easier to host the CDN and it has all the new features for the mobile development. the Media queries are been taken care nicely and has the best plugins available for development.

What do you dislike?

Size of the jquery mobile plugins is the one of the major issues, because of unwanted javascript needed to be loaded to use minimum features if used this will be a huge impact on performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the feature and your use cases before considering!

We built mobile application for the users in an accountant platform.

jQuery Mobile review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Excellent at reducing testing times, not-so-optimal anymore "

What do you like best?

It delivers on the promise of multi platform compatibility. we only had to deal with a few issues, and they were actually due the way we modified the framework for the project.

What do you dislike?

It's not updated anymore. The latest version does not perform as some recent alternatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Account for the lack of updates in the last year.

Reduced development time for a OTA sales project. Reliable for mission critical web apps.

jQuery Mobile review by Miguel F.
Miguel F.

"Great for prototyping"

What do you like best?

The documentation is great, the project is constantly under maintenance.

Implementing jQuery mobile, is really easy.

What do you dislike?

Theming is a little bit difficult, and trying to override default css, is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jQuery Mobile is perfect for quick prototypes, maybe some websites with heavy transitions, otherwise I would recommend use responsive website headless of the backend.

I have created several websites for small to medium clients using jquery mobile

jQuery Mobile review by User in Computer Software

"We has developed a cross-platform application with Cordova and jQuery Mobile is our choice"

What do you like best?

It has many useful template for design. It help us a lot of time. Addition, it was a good library for Mobile Web Application, it support some behaviours make your application look like native application, such as: navigation bar, button, panel...

What do you dislike?

Difficult to custom a control in jQuery Mobile. We has a stuck when try to make a other dialog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jQuery Mobile is good choice when there is no more time and money.

We finished the project in 2 months with 2 platforms iOS and Android. And design time in about 2 weeks.

jQuery Mobile review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"The best choice for webapps !"

What do you like best?

I use this Framework since the first version, fast and simple to implement or quick webapp.

What do you dislike?

No negative points in the use of jQuery Mobile. More speed / fluidity is certainly appreciable in future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need crossplateforme mobile framework use it !

I had a client project to make a portage website optimized for mobile version in a very short time. With jQuery Mobile I could do it on time.

jQuery Mobile review by User in Internet

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

One of the coolest things is the transitions and some elements that facilitate mobile development

What do you dislike?

Could have elements and animations in the style Material Design

Cool the initiative to bring more ease to mobile devices, I use in my projects and really offers the most experience

jQuery Mobile review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Basic exposure"

What do you like best?

It has a decent layout engine and good supporting documentation

What do you dislike?

This is primarily UI driven components, there is nothing naitve

A native looking user experience on a single code base across all devices.

jQuery Mobile review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Jquery Mobile Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, powerful framework only when you use the functions provided.

What do you dislike?

A bit slow. Limited functions and themes.

When I needed to make mobile site quickly, it shows the full support.

Learning about jQuery Mobile?

* We monitor all jQuery Mobile reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.