Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(23 reviews)

JumpCloud is a directory-as-a-service (DaaS), designed to securely connect employee identities to IT resources- devices, apps, & networks.

Work for JumpCloud?

Learning about JumpCloud?

JumpCloud Reviews

Ask JumpCloud a Question
Showing 23 JumpCloud reviews
JumpCloud review by Christian H.
Christian H.

"I've been using JumpCloud for over a year and it's great"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. It's very simple to start using to manage our G Suite and Office 365 accounts, as well as laptop and server account management. Having the ability to add a user to a group of servers, have that user's account be automatically created and their SSH keys pushed with a few clicks saves me a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

We have a significant portion of our infrastructure in AWS and one thing that bothers me is that there's currently no support for AWS Linux. Not a huge deal moving forward, but time consuming at best when deploying the agent to legacy AWS Linux EC2 instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for smaller companies with mixed OS user base. Unnecessary if you're a Windows shop using Active Directory.

There was no easy way for one or two users to manage laptop security, server access, RADIUS wifi access, and the automation of G Suite account creation. Once set up, adding a new user to all of these items, for example, requires a few checkboxes and a save button.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about JumpCloud
JumpCloud review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"2 years with JumpCloud"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, easy to install agent and powerful commands. Pricing is simple to understand and easy to plan for each year.

What do you dislike?

Customization for niche needs seems to be impossible to add as it would affect their other customers. However, we have made use of Commands that have helped solved most of our needs. There is no real time tracking for number of users logged in. There is no report like module for running analytics on our systems. Again, we can use commands for this but would be nice to have something built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need the bells and whistles that a true domain controller provides and just need user management with system provisioning, JumpCloud is perfect.

We are multi facility business with locations 100s of miles apart from each other. We did not want to setup domain controllers at each location and maintain them. We also wanted to make use of our Google Apps for Business to keep it simple and clean for our employees logins. Although there are many features we would like, JumpCloud does exactly what they say they do perfectly. We have never had downtime where we could provision a user to a system or had a command fail to run. We have been savings $1000s of dollars in equipment and maintenance costs and therefore have no plans to move away,

What Privileged Access Management solution do you use?

JumpCloud review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"I love jumpcloud and will never go back to Active Directory"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of administration, rolling out new users, handing out machines, and remotely managing our workforce that is across the country. The tie in to G Suite and Office 365 make managing usernames/passwords so easy for our team. I also really like how easy it was to establish a RADIUS server using JumpCloud and Meraki AP's.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble getting the "Commands" to work consistently (think Group Policies with AD), though I suspect it is with my skill writing scripts than something fundamentally not working. I would like more access to reports to help troubleshoot. It seems you have to utilize the API, which is not overly difficult using Powershell, but I wish it were built in. I've had some false positive lockouts on users that I had a hard time troubleshooting where it was coming from.

I get why, but switching from AD, it was kind of a pain transitioning machines. New/clean machines are easy, but you have to unjoin the domain first, so this made rollout to end user machines slightly more of a headache.

Also, this is more of a complaint on Microsoft, but JumpCloud only works if you are NOT connected to a AD Domain. However, with Windows 10, Microsoft prompts users to enter their Office 365 credentials all over the place, so my users inevitably enroll into the Azure AD service bundled with Office 365. So it can break the connection to jumpcloud. That one fortunately is easy to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. One of the things that made it easy to choose was how easy it was to test out without committing 100%. I was sold pretty quickly.

Lower cost of ownership, and ease of use so we don't have to spend time making configuration changes. No reliance on hardware makes it easier to manage both on-site and off-site workers. Allowing users to manage a single username and password across their PC logins, G Suite, Office 365, RADIUS wifi access, and just about everything else.

JumpCloud review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Fantastic product for a modern workforce"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to manage, control and provision machines/users remotely from anywhere in the world.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app for quickly provisioning/blocking users or updating permissions and the poor user experience from iOS tablet devices as the website isn’t overly responsive to differing screen sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth giving it a try. The dual platform support (Windows & Mac) is another hugely underestimated feature as trying to manage a dual environment can be very time consuming and difficult to configure. With JumpCloud - you install the appropriate agent on the end machine, provision the users and your done!

Being able to completely remove our reliance on Windows servers at all our locations while enabling our workforce to be entirely mobile working with our cloud platforms.

JumpCloud review by Robert S. K.
Robert S. K.

"Replaced my Domain Controller/Active Directory entirely - with such ease!"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with so many different work-relevant platforms that makes JumpCloud my choice for managing devices in different locations through an online portal. The GSuite integration alone sold me on JumpCloud. I am a "lone-ranger" IT support professional so a lot of what I do, I do by myself. I believe that JumpCloud has made my job and the experience supporting my organization even better, and with more control from any web browser.

What do you dislike?

I haven't discovered anything I do not like as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for anyone with multiple locations with physical workstations to manage. This product really brings the best part of LDAP to the cloud, and then some!

I replaced my entire Active Directory server, which just happened to be my last physical server onsite. Now, I can manage my entire business online, including my physical workstations at all of our locations. Creating access and deleting access has almost been completely done from the JumpCloud portal.

JumpCloud review by John B.
John B.

"Excellent alternative to hosting your own Directory"

What do you like best?

I like that it supports multiple protocols and works with our heterogeneous environment. We use 3 different Linux OSs, Windows clients, Windows servers, MacBooks, NAS and cloud services.

What do you dislike?

It not really a dislike but I wish JumpCloud would support MFA with LDAP. I've seen it implemented before where the MFA token is simply appended to the end of the password when using LDAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small-to-medium organisation, using JumpCloud is so ease and the migration path is simple and straightforward. I feel that the lack of group heirachies would concern larger organisations.

We need to remove the reliance on shared passwords to access our internal and hosted systems. Hosted/cloud solutions would have required us to expose our internal directory to the Web and as we don't have in-house security experts, we decided that Directory-as-a-Service best suited our needs.

"Works as advertised."

What do you like best?

We don't have a traditional IT setup; all of our employees use local non-admin accounts. Jumpcloud gives us the ability to have admin accounts on every machine and allows us to recover a machine when someone leaves. Previous to Jumpcloud every employee used the local admin account to access their computer.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more security policies that could be applied to Windows machines.

JumpCloud review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Excellent SSO solution with native desktop client support!"

What do you like best?

JumpCloud allows us to deploy SSO while integrating with Google Apps and deploy a native desktop client without having to utilize Active Directory.

What do you dislike?

The Windows desktop client can be difficult to deploy if an existing nomenclature is not observed and SSO integrations can continue to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to deploy a desktop client sets JumpCloud apart from others in this space.

Single Sign On

Active Directory Integration

Native Desktop Support

JumpCloud review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"Easy Ldap without extra overhead"

What do you like best?

It is extremely simple to set up and get running in a very short time. Installing on servers is what attracted me to the service as not many other providers make it as easy as jump cloud.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see even more "one click" integrations made available

Single sign on across many different applications used by employees, account provisioning, wifi authentication, and server ssh key distribution.

JumpCloud review by Administrator

"A solution for companies born-in-the-cloud"

What do you like best?

I work for a small Healthcare startup that started with only a handful of employees (8). With Jumpcloud's 10-free-forever plan was the start we needed for our growing company. Having access to every feature offered by Jumpcloud was a huge plus allowing us to hit goals for NIST.

What do you dislike?

Support is only provided via email.

To even have a forum where other Jumpcloud users could communicate would be a huge plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the Free-Forever plan and test out JumpCloud.

- HIPAA

- Password Management

- RAIDUS

- SSO/LDAP solutions for all of our SaaS applications

- Multifactor Authentication on all of our SaaS apps.

JumpCloud review by Administrator

"Finally Mac and Windows working cloud identity management"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can manage systems, manage users in one place, connect to azure AD and connect to Gsuite. Wide variety of SSO support.

What do you dislike?

Some SSO integrations are still missing, i would also add more options for endpoint policies. the policies are the most important thing for CISO's looking for a good identity management to replace GPO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont think too much, its working and its working they way they say it is. Security options and management is there and full power. 5* product.

AD replacement, SSO logins and accounts, Systems (linux) accesses to users from one dashboard.

JumpCloud review by Administrator

"Multiplatform Active Directory Alternative that works great"

What do you like best?

Jumpcloud actively improves their service. The management portal is full featured and straightforward. Great documentation provides easy learning of new features. JumpCloud has made setting up new users simpler for us. Third party account integrations allows password updates to propagate and the system management makes controlling user access to systems simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, this tool works and has many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of as many features as you can, jump in wholeheartedly you won't be disappointed.

Setting up users and providing a more unified user access experience. Managing users access to systems is excellent.

JumpCloud review by Indrek P.
Indrek P.

"Excellent product "

What do you like best?

Easy to get started, first 10 users free :)

What do you dislike?

Missing several cloud services we are using and usually, in order to use SSO integration you need to upgrade your third-party product subscription to Enterprise/Business level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try, especially if you are a startup - first 10 users are free

no more AD

JumpCloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"A couple years in on using Jumpcloud"

What do you like best?

user/system management is incredibly simple. granting/revoking permissions is a quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was some sense of integration with group policy on windows

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the lack of group policy on windows isn't an issue, this is a whole lot easier to set up than an active directory instance.

we manage a number of AWS instances and access to them for a team of engineers, developers, and DBAs.

It's very simple to get keys generated and permissions granted based on user groups or system groups.

JumpCloud review by User

"Great software that makes keys and passwords easy to use across all applications!"

What do you like best?

Jumpcloud helped a lot with getting all of my account credentials synced. It was nice having one common area to place these credentials, and to see these be automatically applied to the participating services. The application's UI is very intuitive, and it's very easy to get started with Jumpcloud.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I particularly dislike about the service yet. Maybe adding a tutorial upon first sign in would be beneficial for increased user awareness of what's going on.

Makes syncing, managing, and creating account credentials across multiple devices a breeze.

JumpCloud review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Cloud based directory-as-a-service"

What do you like best?

JumpCloud gives us a single place to manage and provision all of our users.

What do you dislike?

Documentation could be better. For example, I wish the SAML documentation were more complete (list of additional attributes that I can add to the assertion, etc)

Single point for provisioning/de-provisioning both for efficiency but also compliance.

JumpCloud review by Administrator

"Easy to use and very light weight"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is cloud based and does not require any hardware on premises to maintain.

What do you dislike?

The lack of local application to set and reset passwords

Central authentication and the ability to set password requirements and account lockouts

JumpCloud review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"It is good"

What do you like best?

Manage all the passwords in one place. Single sign - on to the third party services like Gmail, Atlassian etc

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is confusing.

Not all the software is supported like SVN/GIT, third-party services like 401k etc.

Password management

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrate with other Cloud services

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, only waiting for more integrations ideas.

move the AD servers to cloud and integrate that with Google services

JumpCloud review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"1 year of usage thus far, no problems"

What do you like best?

Centralized cloud based directory allowing us to provision users across services.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ldap fields on InetOrgUser objects

linking all our identities (gsuite, office 365...) under one roof

JumpCloud review by David E.
David E.

"Jump cloud for a small school"

What do you like best?

Cloud based active directory, great customer service,

What do you dislike?

Chromecast not supported in Enterprise radius server mode

We are using the service to authenticate our lab/teacher PC's to maintain accounts for each person at the school.

"JumpCloud Platform"

What do you like best?

The implementation and ongoing maintenance of the platform is very simple.

What do you dislike?

Currently there are no issues I have found while using the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple to use and easy to implement solution to companies that have not implemented active directory.

Password management, implementation of an active directory to manage assets, asset management

JumpCloud review by Administrator

"Efficient solution for managing users"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the freedom of being able to set up different employees for managing their usage across our 20 computers.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to figure out on your own without a background in IT or being tech savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scheduled on-board training (mandatory) from JumpCloud.

Computer login user management.

* We monitor all JumpCloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(23 reviews)