Jungle Disk Network Security

3.8

Online backup & network drive acquired by Rackspace and powered by Cloud Files & Amazon S3

Work for Jungle Disk Network Security?

Learning about Jungle Disk Network Security?

Jungle Disk Network Security Reviews

Ask Jungle Disk Network Security a Question
Showing 11 Jungle Disk Network Security reviews
Jungle Disk Network Security review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Navigate through my S3 as if it were integrated in my own Operating System"

What do you like best?

For the almost ridiculous price we will have a mass storage service, highly available, and we will not have to worry about climbing. also allows you to mount our S3 account as a network unit and automate the loads so that you can spend a couple of hours and leave it running in automatic mode so you can focus on other things.

What do you dislike?

The Jungle Disk Plus service must be contracted to have some additional advantages. To start: reports by mail and RSS, which allow you to monitor that all your copies are running correctly and perhaps the most important: block-level file updates, which is currently only available in the Amazon datacenter in the US

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Jungle Disk system has different editions according to the use we want to give: Jungle Disk Desktop Edition, Workgroup Edition and Home Server Edition

For our company it is vital to have our data stored safely, as they may contain information of utmost importance to our company or be personal documents you must not miss

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jungle Disk Network Security
Jungle Disk Network Security review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Long time customer moving on"

What do you like best?

This service was at one point useful and affordable. Jungle Disk also offered a solid Linux client as well.

What do you dislike?

I'm not too happy with their billing process. I used to be locked into a affordable $3 per month billing cycle. That jumped to $8 per month minimum. As of September 2017 that jumped to $24 (!) per month. This is for a personal user with under 1GB of total storage used.

They changed their business model and wanted to migrate users away from legacy plans. As a software developer myself, why couldn't this migration be automated instead of automatically charging users $24 a month? Long story short the company wouldn't reimburse the overage charge for me, and I have since moved on to BackBlaze B2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please shop around before looking at this product. I was a user for almost a decade, and sour customer service experience got me looking at other alternatives.

This service is a automated backup solution. Keep in mind other cloud solutions exist that offer more (if not better) features, such as Microsoft Azure. If using this service, be prepared for unexpected and prohibitive billing changes as well.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Seamless background backup!"

What do you like best?

It was incredibly simple to get JungleDisk setup on two laptops so far, and it runs quietly in the background. Backups are scheduled to occur at night while I'm away, so I can protect my data without interfering with my work schedule. The program itself never bugs me with unnecessary notifications, popups etc: but I can open it at any time and check on the status of my backups.

What do you dislike?

While the program has the ability to wake your computer from sleep to perform the backup, there are two additional options if the computer is powered off (or I assume, not connected to the internet): a) backup at the next scheduled time or b) backup as soon as possible. It would be better if you also had the option to schedule the backup specifically for detected idle time; i.e. when the computer is asleep or when there has been no activity for a certain period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are options for when your automatic backups should occur, and when they should occur if a scheduled time is missed. Choose these carefully so your backup happens frequently but does not interfere with your workday.

With JungleDisk I can be relatively confident that the files that are important to me will not be lost if my computer is lost, broken or stolen. Since files are backed up to the cloud, I can minimize downtime in a disaster by loading my sensitive files back onto a working computer.

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"A solid backup platform."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Jungle Disk and the low failure rate of the backups.

What do you dislike?

The UI and tools can be a little dated, but it is otherwise functional and effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use Jungledisk for backup solutions, but they have a few other solutions on offer. If they are as effective as their backup solution, I wouldn't hesitate to check them out.

We needed a simple backup solution for files on disk that we could store in the cloud.

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"Good backup service for companies"

What do you like best?

Jungle Disk provides encryption system for the network drive that's secure the system and the promise to secure the drive that nobody can access it except the encryption key. This feature i like very much.

In our company, we used for several Operating Systems and easily can sync the files within our devices. Very much simple but effective report generations.

Also they provides AES-256 encryption for critical files that needs very much security.

Although, their backing up and synchronizing features are notable for inform.

What do you dislike?

Bulk account prices are high. Hoping to reduce the costs for bulk accounts. Customer services are not good. Although, the customer services are managed by Rackspace. Sometimes difficult to understand their customer services/ live support solutions. Needs to implement the services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You could consider to try Jungle Disk for your company or office usage. Provides multi platform backup solution and have Windows, MAC and Linux based backup software's to backup and sync the files and documents within network drive. Easy to encrypt and share with others. Online file collaboration is easy to use. You can encrypt your files easily.

Saving files and documents within cloud drive/ network drive and collaborate with other staffs. Easy to backup or synchronize the files and documents with others. They supports multi platform file backup solutions. Easy to use and understandable.

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Administrator

"Jungle Disk Desktop"

What do you like best?

I am able to save directly to the cloud without first saving files to my desktop waiting for them to sync.

What do you dislike?

The customer support could be better. Often time, when there was a problem, we would have to place a support ticket and wait for a response via email. We did not have a direct contact number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution where you cans store all of your data in the cloud and not on your computer, Jungle Disk is the tool to do it. I had m

Being able to scale my ability to access files from multiple computers and mobile devices

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Danielle Q.
Danielle Q.

"Slightly complicated..."

What do you like best?

I can easily access all backups from the users, but I don't think I should've been able to, in all honesty. Maybe from the main site, but not as one of the users...

What do you dislike?

Other users on the same drive can access my backups if they know how. Fortunately for me, they don't know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have someone capable of handling or learning the software, best to go with something more mainstream..

We just needed somewhere to keep all files backed up, in the event of a computer crashing. In the end, we haven't needed it yet but still handy.

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Aric K.
Aric K.

"Easy to use. Requires little interaction."

What do you like best?

Once configured, the software rarely fails. It's set-it and forget it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The software sometimes logs you out, but this is after a long time with no interaction.

Server backup. I do not have to monitor tapes or worry about storage

Jungle Disk Network Security review by User in Computer Software

"Yet Another File Sharing Tool, But Good Backup Tool"

What do you like best?

Runs seamlessly in the background and runs backups on pre-configured configurations.

What do you dislike?

It's cost is affordable, but realistically 5GB is not enough, so while it is what you get for free, and it is cheap to get more space, you already know you will be paying more than the free amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JungleDisk is a good tool for backups, and for file sharing, it is just another tool to do the same as too many others.

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Cloud based file sharing and syncing "

What do you like best?

We used this in a small startup as a way to economically share, sync, and backup our data. The pricing is simple and economical - only 15cts/gb; and it's also cross-platform which was important for our developer.

What do you dislike?

It's a good service but you should know that the storage space is actually driven by rackspace and amazon s3. customer support could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep in mind it's a subsidiary of rackspace. At $3/mo and 5gb free, it's a good place to start

Jungle Disk Network Security review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Very manageable backup suite"

What do you like best?

We use this to back up all of our field computers. It runs as a hidden service that backs up whatever I specify. I then get an email daily of all of the backup status' of my computers. I can see how much they have & whether it failed. I can also restore from my computer if needed.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to manage the backup selection remotely, which would be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a documented procedure & use encryption

Learning about Jungle Disk Network Security?

* We monitor all Jungle Disk Network Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.