Jupyter

Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application designed to allow users to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text.

Work for Jupyter?

Learning about Jupyter?

Compare Jupyter to Similar Solutions

Jupyter Reviews

Showing 30 Jupyter reviews
Jupyter review by Ankit J.
Ankit J.

"Best, "

What do you like best?

I have been using Jupyter Notebook for just more than a year. One thing I would say is, It has some amazing features which makes you biased towards any software of that sort. I used this for Python Kernel and has helped me a lot in maintenance of the Code. The Performance that you get with Jupyter Notebook is Untouchable. Even the heavy libraries like Seaborn and Scikit learn run like in no time.

Absolutely love it. Must try.

What do you dislike?

Configuration management can be little hectic and confusing. For example, to change default path of the libraray, you got to do plenty of work by looking online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you try it, You will start loving it. It is very easy to use and has amazing features. You ll focus only on the logic that you should be worried about.

I typically use Jupyter Notebook everyday and run Machine Learning Algorithms. I have developed some pretty cool Predictive models and Jupyter has made my life so easy in that process by handling unnecessary abstraction.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Jupyter
Jupyter review by Evan O.
Evan O.

"Jupyter is an ideal data science IDE."

What do you like best?

Having an easy record of attempts at processing data, while also being able to clean it up for external consumption.

What do you dislike?

More of a Python problem, but it's annoying to have to restart the kernel to load changes in libraries, making things like the input/output number somewhat meaningless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for projects where the data/experiment can be run on your own machine. I don't have experience with using the server format, but have seen people in my lab avoid Jupyter when it comes to running massively parallel operations on a cluster, in favor of vanilla Python.

I'm solving data science problems, often plotting data, exploring it, running experiments. In addition to the notebook format combining code and markdown, a couple great benefits are the tab-complete and built-in documentation for many functions, and being able to blend between an exploratory Python shell and a formal IDE.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Jupyter review by Patrick J. R.
Patrick J. R.

"A useful tool for nearly every analytics task"

What do you like best?

Jupyter offers multiple kernel environments, and with its numerous magic commands, I can perform nearly every aspect of your data science project in a single environment. I can load data the database management system of my choice, perform transformations, explore and analyze the data, and create a final pdf or html report, all without leaving the Jupyter platform.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I have encountered is how tedious it can be to handle page breaks when creating a pdf report from my analysis. However, my understanding is that the development team is aware of the formatting challenges and continues to improve on Jupyter's capabilities in that area.

I handle all of my analytics and data visualization projects in Jupyter. It allows me to structure my workflow, maintain notes, and write code all in one place.

Jupyter review by User

"An amazing tool for teaching computer programming"

What do you like best?

I love the way jupyter notebooks allows me to mix code and explanations. The first time I discovered it, I realized the significant amount of possibilities that jupyter can offer to both teachers and students.

I like the possibility of having different cells with code, and run only some of these cells instead of all of them.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that jupyter notebooks does not allow me to profile programming code. Although jupyter is very useful for explaining programming, it does not offer a litter window (or something similar) with variables, values, etc.

I do not either like how jupyter behaves with code requiring a lot of memory. In some examples of use, the notebook did not answer until several minutes after I run a cell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Jupyter for teaching computer programming if you want to mix text explanations and some examples of code in the same document. The main advantage of using jupyter notebooks is that you can run small cells with code and see the results of only that code.

On the other hand, you can also use Jupyter for your notes about code and examples. However, if you only want to run a program, I recommend using an IDE instead of Jupyter.

I mainly use Jupyter for teaching computer programming using python. Notebooks allow me to include text and code as part of my classes. Those, I can write short explanations about different structures or instructions, and a little example of code that can be tested in the same environment.

I also use Jupyter to store new contents about different libraries. I write the main ideas of the purpose and ways of handling such libraries, and afterward, I include some examples of code and results. can

Jupyter review by Sohrab R.
Sohrab R.

"Interactive, open source, and user friendly"

What do you like best?

It’s free. It’s interactive and enables you to evaluate your code in separate blocks of code. It enables you to effectively combine text, visualization and code to communicate your results with your colleagues.

What do you dislike?

The in-browser is feature free, that is, it treats your code as simple text and does not give you any editing power which is found in some editors such as sublime and R studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable text-editing features

I have resolved a llot of data science projects and Jupyter is always my first choice due to the fact that it enables me to effectively communicate my code with my clients/colleagues in a report format. Also, being able to run cells separately makes the debugging process much easier.

Jupyter review by User

"Jupyter notebook is best for Machine Learning developers"

What do you like best?

I have seen so many people already doing a lot of Data science and Machine learning stuff in the Jupyter notebook that I am already convinced that this is the best. Its fast, light and elegant looking.

You can later revisit the code and notes that you write like we do with an actual notebook.

What do you dislike?

I wish Jupyter notebook had autocompletion features also like most IDEs have. I know there are some plugins available in market for that. But, it should be made a default feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you code in python and you are going to do some Machine Learning and Data Science stuff then Jupyter notebook is a great place to write code and preserve it like notes in our notebooks.

Jupyter notebook provides a great place to write code and notes for python developers. It is already very popular among the Machine Learning community.

Jupyter review by User

"Jupyter makes prototyping and data analysis simple!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can quickly prototype functions to test it out on a sample of my dataset and instantly visualize the output. It is also a super convenient tool for quick visualizations and data inspection. I also like that the Jupyter notebook have an option to view the notebook as slides which makes it easy to present.

What do you dislike?

I love it! Nothing to dislike - it's a great tool I use almost everyday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great data science tool that I use for my day to day work. Makes prototyping, visualization and analysis easier. I would highly recommend this tool to anyone working in the Data science or Analytics field.

I typically use Jupyter notebook for all my data analysis - whether it be doing some initial data analysis to more in depth digging and visualization. The best aspect of this tool is to instantly have the output displayed right below your code, thus making it a great tool to show off your for a non technical audience as well.

Jupyter review by Mohan K.
Mohan K.

"Best Python editor and easy to learn and use "

What do you like best?

The user interface is awesome!! and it’s free too. It provides us the ability to test the code by block wise. Also I like the feature that most of the libraries are pre loaded. Apart from that it reliable and has a clean interface. Installing the libraries is also easy. I also, feel it is very easy to learn and use for newbies and the learning curve is not steep.

What do you dislike?

I feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Few features like understanding the variables shape and few features like arranging the files in the folder and the ease of moving files between the folders.

Page breaks when exporting the code to pdf can be improved. it is a bit tough to understand the code in pdf version. That can be one improvement area. Few features like recently opened notebooks can be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good product and personally I liked the product a lot. I mostly use Jupyter notebook for coding in Python

I work on many business analytics projects using Jupyter notebook. benefits include faster experimentation as Jupyter notebooks allows to test a certain block of code and the ability to organise the code

Jupyter review by Neha S.
Neha S.

"Great for newbees, easy to lean and visualize."

What do you like best?

It is possible to use this on quite literally any machine. almost like a web app.

The interactive editor is able to display complex equations, charts, graphs, etc. making this particular editor very well-regarded among data scientists.

What do you dislike?

Run Jupyter on a VM in the cloud and do your editing through a web browser on a different computer (e.g. a Chromebook), Some security work is required to ensure that it is set up in a secure manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend it but intellij is catching fast better check those.

its all about personal preference.

Mostly Data analysis, and visualization. also little bit in tutorials when I took classes of programming assignments.

Jupyter review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Jupyter is the best python editor"

What do you like best?

The best python editor where you can try out python code before deploying it to scripts for automation. Extremely user friendly. A lot of features where it works in the concept of cells where we can add and delete cells and test out code

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about this. this is the best tool. I often see updates coming. One thing I would suggest is that plotly integration for graphs to be more streamlined. I run into lot of issues when I try using plotly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as the best tool for python coding. It has an extremely easy to use interface. The markup language is really good to actually deploy the neatly presented code with comments. A lot of features to quickly edit and modify cells.

A lot of data analysis and visualization is done in jupyter. I have used jupyter to run automation scripts, data analysis, visualization and data science problem solving.

Jupyter review by Manali S.
Manali S.

"No need to install anything. Great software to code"

What do you like best?

There is no need to install any software to work. You can just work on the server. It has blocks to write your code and is a great place to write codes and compile

What do you dislike?

Well I dont really dislike anything but sometimes it takes a lot of time to compile the program if the code has a large number of lines

I write codes related to my work like fetching Data from web (web scraping). Its easy to start working on Jupyter

Jupyter review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"I like it but I don't"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this is it does not make me feel things too complex, I could accomplish things pretty fast and with a nice UI. Also the output is pretty well formatted in decent graphs

What do you dislike?

When I used this software 6 months back I felt few things to be little too complex for new data science developers but I soon figured out most of the things. I did not like the inline graphs and results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is okayish, you'll probably like it even though I didn't.

Mostly used it to learn more about IOT analytics. Things worked out fine but did not find it interesting enough to use it more often.

Jupyter review by Ashanti B.
Ashanti B.

"Hand and hand with Spyder"

What do you like best?

The prototyping is very fast, the results you get are visual, and your insights are shareable.

What do you dislike?

Can be useful to show something step by step and share it on internet as interactive page but not to create full program. Collaboration is quite tricky, and it's prone to producing complexity.

good for creating and sharing documents that contain live code, equations and visualizations without lines of code being misplaced.

Jupyter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simplest way to demonstrate python code to others "

What do you like best?

Jupyter allows me to easily walkthrough my python code with colleagues. It is nice being able to write code, document/explain it, and show output all in one place. This is especially helpful when I am writing prototype code for a new idea and need to share it with others for feedback/suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I’ve experienced issues with jupyter crashing on my local machine. I will be executing a large chunk of code, but it will never finish running. When I click the stop button, sometimes the whole window will freeze and I will have to restart jupyter. This is frustrating, but doesn’t happen all the time.

I write code for prototype projects / exploratory data analysis in jupyter. I can easily share this code with others. The code is mostly for predictive models in the credit industry.

Jupyter review by Wei Zhong G.
Wei Zhong G.

"Versatile modular programming environment"

What do you like best?

Versatile, can intersperse code and output, can write and run code in chunks, easy to present code to others in an understandable way, ability to support both R and Python

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to start up, cannot launch Jupyter notebook directly from Windows Explorer

Data analysis and presentation. Increased code readability, organization and communication.

Jupyter review by Lilesh I.
Lilesh I.

"a great place to start coding rightaway"

What do you like best?

jupyter complies you program really fast. Also, there is no need to install heavy IDE in your pc. Just get your IDE working by writing a command in command prompt.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the IDE stops working while compiling, then you will have to interrupt the IDE and recompile the code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best platform i have come across till now to get started with coding.

I write codes related to calculation of VaR, GVaR and other risk metrics . Jupyter helps in writing a draft code before finalizing it for business use.

Jupyter review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"One of the best environment for Python/R"

What do you like best?

Jupyter notebook is really easy to install through Anaconda, and gives you a great way to visualize and organize your code in a notebook style.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced functions are not easy to access, and require little bit of research. Some of the solutions are rather a "hack", and requires you to be creative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with Jupyter when migrating teams over to Python/R. This is the future of analytics and data science.

We are building data-pipelines and data science capabilities. Compared to previous system, the notebook style allows users to share code easily. The markdown makes it really easy to document code further than adding few comments. You can add blocks of documentation explaining what the code is intending to do.

Jupyter review by Yihui Q.
Yihui Q.

"Useful, but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

Useful means of collaborating on code - working cells give the feel of a laboratory within which one can tinker with code

What do you dislike?

1) Need to scroll a lot between boxes with working code because of the printed output

2) Very difficult to share jupyter notebooks with collaborators who don't use github.

Scientific collaboration

"Jupyter notebook"

What do you like best?

The notebook dashboard tells which notebooks are running and also tells about their location in the machine. It has a notebook type structure, where you can run the code cell by cell. That adds up to ease of use and helps in building small snippets of code. Also by running the code cell by cell , we can see intermediate results.its easy to install libraries thru anaconda.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything.

Data Analysis and building machine learning models

Jupyter review by User

"A must for data science collaboration"

What do you like best?

Ease of sharing and collaborating

Visualizations within notebooks

Rapid prototyping

Auto save feature

What do you dislike?

Timeouts and other stability issues.

Inability to save and share state.

Autosave could be more frequent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must for data science collaboration. Notebooks are very useful for early stages of development, but much less so for production.

Data science exploratory analysis across multiple teams. Model development with evaluations using python, tensorflow and spark.

Jupyter review by User in Higher Education

"Jupyter Notebook review"

What do you like best?

Everything in one window ! I love to tell stories about data and it allows me do that. It is free and you can run both Python and R kernels. Its perfect tool for a data scientist.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it runs slower than running R on R studio or R prompt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this Jupyter notebooks. It an awesome tool to share your analysis with notes and collaborate. I also use for quick presentations and it saves time !

I use Jupyter for R and Python both. It helps me to keep things organized and have notes of new research ideas and coding experiments all in one place.

Jupyter review by Consultant

"Jupyter Python"

What do you like best?

Ease of development is the most liked feature on the Jupyter platform. We can easily create production ready code and then deploy it using various platforms.

What do you dislike?

Processing is a bit of an issue when the code base increases.

NUmerous business problems -

1. Eliminates the need for UI based editors.

2. increases ease of unit testing by breaking out the chunks in the code.

Jupyter review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"super easy for first steps of DA and DS"

What do you like best?

easy to write python code to learn about data, visualize it.

Also, I use it a lot for my presentation.

What do you dislike?

for what I use it there no negative point.

I will not use it for production-ready code though.

data analysis, visualizing, runing POC models

Jupyter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy way to create code documentation. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to mix long text descriptions, LaTEX formulas, and graphs within the code. In the field of data science, work is often presented so this is my go-to tool when using python.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is confusing when debugging issues and not knowing if it is a python issue, anaconda issue, or Jupiter issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out tutorials online, they are plentiful

Creating statistical models using consumer credit information, and presenting the work in the form of an html document.

Jupyter review by User in Higher Education

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

Very easy to turn codes into a report by adding cells

What do you dislike?

Hard to do version control or collaborate if multiple people want to edit the same notebook

Explaining data cleaning step and model fitting and presenting plots to clients all in the same page

Jupyter review by Srujan B.
Srujan B.

"Didn't find that intuitive"

What do you like best?

Quite easy and provides lot of libraries for data science developers for direct implementation

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't have this straightforward flow. This becomes quite boring after a while

Data analysis

Jupyter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Most useful Python software"

What do you like best?

Highly Interactive with users, Great in graph plotting

What do you dislike?

Sometime it will be slightly slower than console

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Coding in data science and machine learning. Finished several data science challenge with it.

Jupyter review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Best notebook software to share work"

What do you like best?

You can code in different languages with different kernels, you easily add nice formatted text and save as html, ran easily from Ubuntu and windows.

What do you dislike?

It lacks a section to view all variables created, something like a section like the one Rstudio has

Sharing amongst our data science team and being able to have template reports being automated

Jupyter review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Jupyter Notebook"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, easy prototyping for small Python projects.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike in Jupyter!

Quick prototyping with Jupyter, Easy visualizations

Jupyter review by User in Financial Services

"Love jupyter "

What do you like best?

Ability to re-run pieces of script

Connection to anaconda root

What do you dislike?

Lack of auto-complete for method/variable names

Faster debugging

Learning about Jupyter?

* We monitor all Jupyter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Jupyter to Similar Solutions