Juris®

Juris® Billing, Accounting and Financial Management Software. Make more informed financial decisions to enhance your firm_??s performance.

Work for Juris®?

Learning about Juris®?

Juris® Reviews

Showing 21 Juris® reviews
Juris® review by <span>Melissa M.</span>
Melissa M.

"Definitely something worth trying"

What do you like best?

There is a niche industry devoted to IT support for law firms that installs PCLaw on your computer and provides training on how to use it. If I have to pay a third-party to learn how to use what should be straightforward timekeeping and billing software (especially considering that companies like Freshbooks have such a small learning curve), there’s a fundamental problem. The problem is that PCLaw is not competitive with the current crop of players in the space. PCLaw relies on being the legacy system that you’re too invested in to replace. “I’ve spent 4 years and thousands of dollars to install and support PCLaw and now you’re asking me to ditch it?” Yes. It was a bad investment choice and the longer you stay with it the worse off you’ll be

What do you dislike?

PCLaw is server-based, so you have to pay several hundred dollars per user license and you have to install PCLaw on a computer server if you want to enable multiple users to access it, or install it on a desktop computer if you want one user to be able to access it.

PCLaw is not user friendly to get set up. While it is somewhat straightforward to navigate PCLaw once you’re set up, it is not the most intuitive.

PCLaw is really most useful for a solo practitioner who wants their software installed on a single machine. While it appears to have some user permission features, setting up multiple users and permissions for them is more difficult than with any of the cloud-based offerings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Juris®
Juris® review by <span>Jesse K.</span>
Jesse K.

"Sensible timekeeping for productive billing"

What do you like best?

I like the "timer" function to ensure both accuracy and to prevent a moment from being wasted. Stoping, starting and pausing the timer allow me to fill my day most productively and allow me to document my productivity accurately.

I like the ability to print daily and weekly juris reports for supervisory review - not only am I being self-accountable, but my superiors can review my time entires to see what projects are taking up most of my time.

While I do very much like the summary page, please see my dislike below for a specific way I believe it might be improved.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to control my own billing goals within summary - for example, if my goal were to bill 4 hours on Wednesday and 4 hours on Sunday - the coloring scheme would reflect red for Wednesday and white for Sunday, when I'd like to see both be green for my own personal calculations.

Promoting accurate billing for clients and record-keeping for the office administrator. The manual that accompanies the software is tailored to answer specific questions, and I found it very helpful in navigating the system.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Juris® review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Increased efficiency of billing"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis Juris is a simplified account manager, which acts as accounts payable, receivable, charges, and expenses. If integrated throughout the entire system, the application will automatically update the account so that you do not have to through different interfaces.

What do you dislike?

The price for a small firm was unmanageable. We could not receive a discount due to our size, even though we have a history with using LexisNexis products. Also, if you are a law firm with a split billed matter (partial billing), the program does not recognize the two separate places within one matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that your current products for billing are compatible with LexisNexis, as we ran into setup issues when we tried to implement the product at first. Also, have a backup plan for bills that are partial, or split between clients.

We have realized the holes within the efficiency of our accounting system, and patched them using this integrated software.

Juris® review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"It's Just Okay"

What do you like best?

The filters -- there are so many ways to sort billing entries, When your database has enormous amounts of entries, you need to filter them down, the more filters the better.

What do you dislike?

Frequent errors for users, crashing, sometimes entries wont show up without refreshing several times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there is sufficient drive space on your SQL server. Make sure to backup the database frequently, or else errors may occur more frequently.

This is how we keep track of all of our billing. Has many different ways to get reports which come in handy when trying to get rate increases. Allows us to pinpoint errors made by users easily.

Juris® review by <span>Shannon C.</span>
Shannon C.

"Pays for Itself!!!!"

What do you like best?

Ability to keep up with time worked, billed, as well as client fees and costs as well as reliable conflict check system all in one place with accurate calculations and accounting. Love the way Juris also gives information for time worked by partner, associate or attorney. This software is the easiest one I have ever used and provided all of the perks and necessities along with it! Although this is a little pricy, it is a great system no matter the size of your firm. I recently started working as paralegal on contract basis for attorneys and because I am only one person and couldn't afford it...I was left with using my accounting software for time keepeing and spent days setting up a reliable conflict check system....it is a sigh of relief with i go back and do work for this firm and use Juris...I will own it one day...soooo worth it!

What do you dislike?

Support is expensive. Would be nice to be able to use voice memo on phone or even note on phone to enter time and send to Juris for billing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program will pay for itself and you will be aa much happier, less stressed individual struggling to bill clients and create invoices. This system is easy to use an allows you to create reports etc. I would suggest still using accounting software such as Quickbooks, however for time keeping and billing Juris si the best solution

Organization across the board...clients, fees, costs all in one place (along with trust account records). No more wondering if something had updated because it goes in instantly. Invoicing is easier and allows large batching which saves a lot of time. If I could, I would choose Juris over any billing, invoicing program out there...it truly provides the best of everything and keeps everything in order without the confusion often found with standard accounting programs.

Juris® review by <span>James H.</span>
James H.

"Reliable but needs updating"

What do you like best?

It has change logs for most types of records. Very good for data mining. Also very secure database (cannot alter or change database - only Juris employees can make changes).

What do you dislike?

Very out-dated look and feel. Reporting is very basic, difficult to do any data analysis with more than one variable. Cannot create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with the Juris product is that we are a small fish swimming in a large sea. Juris does not seem to have enough resources to solve customer problems (I've been waiting on a solution to a problem for a month or two now and it seems to still be waiting in line). If you are a set-it-and-forget-it customer, then Juris will be just fine, but if you want to make changes, you will be disappointed.

This is used for our financial and accounting software solution.

Learning about Juris®?

* We monitor all Juris® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.