Juris®

4.0

Juris® Billing, Accounting and Financial Management Software. Make more informed financial decisions to enhance your firm_??s performance.

Work for Juris®?

Learning about Juris®?

Juris® Reviews

Showing 21 Juris® reviews
Juris® review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Definitely something worth trying"

What do you like best?

There is a niche industry devoted to IT support for law firms that installs PCLaw on your computer and provides training on how to use it. If I have to pay a third-party to learn how to use what should be straightforward timekeeping and billing software (especially considering that companies like Freshbooks have such a small learning curve), there’s a fundamental problem. The problem is that PCLaw is not competitive with the current crop of players in the space. PCLaw relies on being the legacy system that you’re too invested in to replace. “I’ve spent 4 years and thousands of dollars to install and support PCLaw and now you’re asking me to ditch it?” Yes. It was a bad investment choice and the longer you stay with it the worse off you’ll be

What do you dislike?

PCLaw is server-based, so you have to pay several hundred dollars per user license and you have to install PCLaw on a computer server if you want to enable multiple users to access it, or install it on a desktop computer if you want one user to be able to access it.

PCLaw is not user friendly to get set up. While it is somewhat straightforward to navigate PCLaw once you’re set up, it is not the most intuitive.

PCLaw is really most useful for a solo practitioner who wants their software installed on a single machine. While it appears to have some user permission features, setting up multiple users and permissions for them is more difficult than with any of the cloud-based offerings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Juris®
Juris® review by Jesse K.
Jesse K.

"Sensible timekeeping for productive billing"

What do you like best?

I like the "timer" function to ensure both accuracy and to prevent a moment from being wasted. Stoping, starting and pausing the timer allow me to fill my day most productively and allow me to document my productivity accurately.

I like the ability to print daily and weekly juris reports for supervisory review - not only am I being self-accountable, but my superiors can review my time entires to see what projects are taking up most of my time.

While I do very much like the summary page, please see my dislike below for a specific way I believe it might be improved.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to control my own billing goals within summary - for example, if my goal were to bill 4 hours on Wednesday and 4 hours on Sunday - the coloring scheme would reflect red for Wednesday and white for Sunday, when I'd like to see both be green for my own personal calculations.

Promoting accurate billing for clients and record-keeping for the office administrator. The manual that accompanies the software is tailored to answer specific questions, and I found it very helpful in navigating the system.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Administrator in Law Practice

"Increased efficiency of billing"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis Juris is a simplified account manager, which acts as accounts payable, receivable, charges, and expenses. If integrated throughout the entire system, the application will automatically update the account so that you do not have to through different interfaces.

What do you dislike?

The price for a small firm was unmanageable. We could not receive a discount due to our size, even though we have a history with using LexisNexis products. Also, if you are a law firm with a split billed matter (partial billing), the program does not recognize the two separate places within one matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that your current products for billing are compatible with LexisNexis, as we ran into setup issues when we tried to implement the product at first. Also, have a backup plan for bills that are partial, or split between clients.

We have realized the holes within the efficiency of our accounting system, and patched them using this integrated software.

Juris® review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"It's Just Okay"

What do you like best?

The filters -- there are so many ways to sort billing entries, When your database has enormous amounts of entries, you need to filter them down, the more filters the better.

What do you dislike?

Frequent errors for users, crashing, sometimes entries wont show up without refreshing several times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there is sufficient drive space on your SQL server. Make sure to backup the database frequently, or else errors may occur more frequently.

This is how we keep track of all of our billing. Has many different ways to get reports which come in handy when trying to get rate increases. Allows us to pinpoint errors made by users easily.

Juris® review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Pays for Itself!!!!"

What do you like best?

Ability to keep up with time worked, billed, as well as client fees and costs as well as reliable conflict check system all in one place with accurate calculations and accounting. Love the way Juris also gives information for time worked by partner, associate or attorney. This software is the easiest one I have ever used and provided all of the perks and necessities along with it! Although this is a little pricy, it is a great system no matter the size of your firm. I recently started working as paralegal on contract basis for attorneys and because I am only one person and couldn't afford it...I was left with using my accounting software for time keepeing and spent days setting up a reliable conflict check system....it is a sigh of relief with i go back and do work for this firm and use Juris...I will own it one day...soooo worth it!

What do you dislike?

Support is expensive. Would be nice to be able to use voice memo on phone or even note on phone to enter time and send to Juris for billing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program will pay for itself and you will be aa much happier, less stressed individual struggling to bill clients and create invoices. This system is easy to use an allows you to create reports etc. I would suggest still using accounting software such as Quickbooks, however for time keeping and billing Juris si the best solution

Organization across the board...clients, fees, costs all in one place (along with trust account records). No more wondering if something had updated because it goes in instantly. Invoicing is easier and allows large batching which saves a lot of time. If I could, I would choose Juris over any billing, invoicing program out there...it truly provides the best of everything and keeps everything in order without the confusion often found with standard accounting programs.

Juris® review by James H.
James H.

"Reliable but needs updating"

What do you like best?

It has change logs for most types of records. Very good for data mining. Also very secure database (cannot alter or change database - only Juris employees can make changes).

What do you dislike?

Very out-dated look and feel. Reporting is very basic, difficult to do any data analysis with more than one variable. Cannot create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with the Juris product is that we are a small fish swimming in a large sea. Juris does not seem to have enough resources to solve customer problems (I've been waiting on a solution to a problem for a month or two now and it seems to still be waiting in line). If you are a set-it-and-forget-it customer, then Juris will be just fine, but if you want to make changes, you will be disappointed.

This is used for our financial and accounting software solution.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Over 14 years experience with Juris"

What do you like best?

It is an all-in-one accounting system that incorporates the attorney's time, A/P and A/R. It is quite robust.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive. It takes time to learn how to properly use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Juris, I would recommend that you keep your existing bookkeeping software and implement Juris after working with it a few months. It is worth the extra time to get comfortable with the software before jumping right in. Set up and initial use of the product takes time and you should consider giving yourself a few months before going all-in.

Juris and Juris Suite have allowed the attorneys to better capture their time. The benefit of this system is an all-in-one approach to timekeeping, billing, and firm accounting.

Juris® review by Dominique L.
Dominique L.

"Ease of Use and Accuracy is Great "

What do you like best?

Ease of use is probably the best part of it. I like that it is secure and it really helps with setting up the fees that we charge for services that we do here which vary from job to job.

What do you dislike?

The cost is pretty up there. It makes it not as affordable for smaller businesses like ours. if it were cheaper we would probably be able to continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good program to work with when you want to create accurate invoicing. Helps reduce the amount of time we had to spend in collections.

Charging clients for businesses rendered, ensuring the costs are accurate and up to date so we can pay our court reporters what is owed to them while making sure that we are making a profit as well.

It makes invoicing a lot easier so that is a benefit.

Juris® review by Thomas T.
Thomas T.

"A good partner to have "

What do you like best?

The service it offers it easily organizes the cases for billing and other accounting needs. It is able to separate cases effectively for billing

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy this product, It is a very helpful tool The price is higher but it is worth it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program because it has the easiest capabilities and is easy to use both at the office and on the run. The program easily separates the tasks so one is able to keep billing accessible. One Feature I do enjoy is the billing reports so we can compare work with others in the office.

My staff is able place the time spent on certain cases and also help me keep track of my employee time. It is like having an admin assistant on the computer for finances.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Has its pluses but I would not want it to be my only option "

What do you like best?

It's organized; meaning you can usually find what you are looking for as long as you know where to look.

What do you dislike?

Lack of storage. I wanted to be able to link documents and store them within Juris and it's not possible with our version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't unless you are only going to use it for billing.

Billing. We have TM but still handle all billing through Juris as we have been using it for over 20 years and I couldn't convince our accounting department it was ok to switch to a different billing system. And honestly Juris is ok for billing, but that is all I see it as.

"Fairly clunky program"

What do you like best?

This program is predictable, and so you can get pretty good at entering time in a rote way and not encounter any surprises.

What do you dislike?

The functionality is quite limited. For example, I cannot highlight multiple rows of time I've entered to get a total for the day, and copy into Excel.

This program allows me to bill time to various tasks/clients and get summaries of where I am spending my time.

Juris® review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Unparalleled Research Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of looking up case law is unparalleled in other legal research programs. The tutorials that are available are helpful for young attorneys who have been out of school for a bit and need to adapt from the student version to the juris version.

What do you dislike?

The cost... It's very expensive. LexisNexis has pricing packages and it's obviously easier to split the cost, but it's important to become very efficient at researching or else it can become very costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you trained on Lexis Nexis (law student), this is a no brainer. The packaging options make this affordable enough in most cases.

Finding precise case law means forming a better strategy.

"Easy time keeping!"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and makes it easy to enter time as it is being done. I am more efficient as I can enter time contemporaneously with the project.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, my only complaint is the lack of any indication of spelled words in the narrative, as when I type fast, I sometimes miss letters.

I use it daily to enter my time. I am more efficient as I can enter time contemporaneously with the project.

Juris® review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Juris and Juris Suite"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to input time, expenses and bill from one convenient program.

What do you dislike?

The reports, would like them to be a little more user friendly and ability to modify a report to fit with our needs.

Juris and Juris Suite interact seamlessly and allows attorneys to enter their time while allowing the accounting side to run reports and handle billing seamlessly.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Good product. Easy to use. A bit expensive."

What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to use and quite intuitive. Makes billing and setting up fees that we charge for different services pretty easy. Customer service and support is responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

It is a pretty expensive product for smaller organizations. I do understand that bigger law firms would not mind the cost considering the ease of use, but for smaller organizations it may not be worth the trade in cost for time saved.

The problems I was trying to solve by using this product were billing and invoicing clients for various services rendered.

Juris® review by User in Research
User in Research

"Great for solo practitioners and firms alike"

What do you like best?

Juris is great for solo practitioners and law firms alike. Its ease of billing software is useful and intiutive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the layout of some of the features, but most of them are intuitively laid out and easy to use. I think there are some minor bugs that will be fixed in later editions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use if you are just starting to bill, or just starting your own business. Not sure how it will be for when I have many more clients.

Billing of clients etc. Legal issues.

"Former User"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and works similarly to Westlaw. Switching between Westlaw and Nexus is easy and If I owned my own firm I would go to Lexis if it was cheaper.

What do you dislike?

I do not overall dislike anything about Lexis. Some of there secondary sources may be subpar to competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like both Lexis and Westlaw. Although I currently use Westlaw, it is only because my firm pays for just Westlaw.

I used the software for legal research needs.

User in Law Practice

"Very comprehensive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Used as a part of lexis advance. Very clear and easy to use like most Lexis services (though if you prefer Westlaw, you might not be used to the way Lexis is structured). Allows you to break down from broad to narrow with its filters.

What do you dislike?

Nothing too drastic - it is limited within the confines of the Lexis parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarity with the Lexis software is a plus.

Legal and academic research. The general Lexis tools (shepherdize, etc) are available and helpful for some projects.

Juris® review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Juris Suite"

What do you like best?

Conflict searching, setting filters for time entry

What do you dislike?

User interface is difficult to teach end users

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a comprehensive program with a lot of options.

Timekeeping, conflict checking

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating and updating billing and accounting reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program shuts down on its own for reasons unknown and needs to be restarted.

Billing, accounting, and expense solutions and organization to stay on top of finances.

" 20 years of meh"

What do you like best?

Provides a large number of possible reports

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate with cloud practice management software

Billing and financial analysis

Learning about Juris®?

* We monitor all Juris® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.