Justinmind

4.0

Build realistic prototypes of web and mobile apps without coding

Work for Justinmind?

Learning about Justinmind?

Justinmind Reviews

Ask Justinmind a Question
Showing 20 Justinmind reviews
Justinmind review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"Justinmind Review"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I think Justinmind is pretty good. It allows me as a designer to create both low- and high-fidelity prototypes, and I'm able to get pretty in depth with prototyping interactions as well.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs around displaying a prototype in the tool and previewing it in a browser (occasionally alignment will be off, nothing major) but the biggest problem is the lack of default widgets available for both web & mobile. I know there are other libraries of widgets that can be imported, but I'd like more customized control over the display of a checkbox & a combobox (for example) - not just be restricted to how those controls look by default in a browser window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used for both high- and low- fidelity prototyping, but honestly there are better wireframing tools out there.

High-fidelity prototyping is what I use it for the most - it's probably not the best for it, but I think it works very well for me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Justinmind
Justinmind review by Andy L.
Andy L.

"Easy, intuitive for the most part"

What do you like best?

It seems really straightforward to set up designs as mock ups. I used the free version to set up an initial mock up page.

What do you dislike?

For me, setting up a multi-page layout were elements were repeated was difficult. I am sure it is probably easy to do, based on how easy to use everything else was. But I could not figure it out for the life of me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their training videos! Also, your free account stays a free account. They don't automatically charge you. So, you don't have to worry about it not working out and getting charged a bunch!

I used Justinmind to create sample, fast and amazing web mockups to help my customers realize quickly what their website could look like, especially when their current site is older and not working well.

What Wireframing solution do you use?

Justinmind review by Oleksandr T.
Oleksandr T.

"Must have tool for complex systems prototyping"

What do you like best?

The tool is simply gorgeous and it's a pleasure to work in it. Very useful component palettes, master templates, programmable actions - these all create positive impressions. The prototype emulator in the web and the sharing settings are well thought out.

I'm using this tool more than 3 years and each time I finished work on a prototype for mobile or web app I wanted to do one again in this tool.

What do you dislike?

The limits of the free version are a little bit frustrating. Also, it will be nice to have more ready-made components, especially for web apps prototyping.Anyway, it's the best tool in the market for prototyping mobile apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think, just try

I designed in this tool about 10 prototypes for web apps with different complexity and for different branches of business. Also, I designed 3 beautiful prototypes for mobile apps.

Justinmind review by Paola Andrea M.
Paola Andrea M.

"Just In Mind, a good experience"

What do you like best?

For me, Just In Mind is the easiest prototyping program to use and learn, allows you to create Hi-Fi interactive prototypes for different devices (including smartwatch) and brands, and you can download and test the prototypes on the devices for which they were created.

What do you dislike?

Not being so famous means there isn't as much information and related examples for Just In Mind while other programs with more users have, besides the information they produce themselves, examples and videos created by users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used similar Hi-Fi interactive prototyping programs but I consider Just In Mind superior because of features like the following: its ease of learning and use, the big widget libraries that allow you to use a wide variety of controls, the interactions and animations, the multiple types of devices for which prototypes can be created, the ability to test the prototypes on real devices as if they were real programs, the ability to export the prototypes to.html files and the fact that they can be used with a perpetual license, for months or with a 30-day trial.

By being able to create Hi-Fi functional prototypes, Just In Mind allows you to do tests that let you know if the process is on track before the whole development is done. In case the tests do not have the expected results, performing them in prototypes and not in functional software reduces the amount of money and work "lost".

Justinmind review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"One of the best tool for prototyping the web and mobile apps."

What do you like best?

User Interface is great and you can easily create an interactive prototype of your app. If you have knowledge of a little bit of coding you can do much more in Justinmind.

What do you dislike?

If they add a feature to customize the toolbar according to your requirement, that would be great. Otherwise, Justinmind is doing great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick prototyping tool for web and phone apps, it is the best go for it.

Justinmind is solving many problems like fast prototyping, if you want to show your design to the client, it's easy and fast. Pre-loaded UI kits give you an extra feature and you can share your prototype with your coworkers to reduce your workload.

Justinmind review by Elaine Y.
Elaine Y.

"a good experience"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive way the software presents its resources, in particular, the graphics resources, on the left sidebar.

When I think of the wireframe, sometimes, instead of duplicate screens, I create two or three screens and I copy from one to another some features that are repeated. The fact of paste in the same place from one screen to another is a positive point (since the "shift+ctrl+V function does not work).

The outline panel give a sense of the amount of elements on the screen, it is also nice.

The use of the program itself is also quite intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Copy and paste at the same place does not work IN THE SAME SCREEN ... when I'm in the creation process, I do it very often hoping that the object will be in the same place, because sometimes I use shift + arrow left / right to standardize the spacings.

A few keyboard shortcuts work in software.

The tool is somewhat limited in some aspects. I felt it when I had to apply the same formatting to multiple objects, and tried to do it in a simultaneously way.

It gave a good idea of some usability aspects of the project because we understand and rethink the navigability on each screen. We had the perception of the number of objects on each screen, and a broader view of the extent of what we were planning.

Justinmind review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Excellent for demonstration of concepts especially on mobile"

What do you like best?

Within half day I can create an mock application that I can demonstrate the stakeholders and product teams without compromising complex application actions. I can even build formulas that are computed in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is lacking - but is intuitive to understand without the documents. Complex interactions may present some challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for rapid prototyping of android, web and iOS applications. It even uses the material versions of google's android which is perfect. I found one issue which is still unresolved with the mobile application not able to render on my phone due to it's very high resolution.

I am able to take ideas and demonstrate them without asking for development teams to rapidly prototype an application.

Justinmind review by User in Financial Services

"Versatile Prototyping Tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best about JustInMind is that you can choose to use it however you want, you can choose to create a Lo-Fi or a Hi-Fi prototype. It provides the tools to enhance a simple mock-up to display how you want the experience to be felt like before you begin writing a single line of code. Plus the free version offers many of the tools you need to have a basic prototype.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it exports your mock-ups as images, sometimes it works perfectly and my mock-ups are shown perfectly, but others it completely cuts some parts of my mock-ups even though I respect the window size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about using the Pro version of this, just make sure you will use it consistently. If you create mock ups for your projects every now and then you are definitely fine with the free version.

I am using JustInMind for mock-ups to share with stakeholders, developers and marketing teams. The benefits of having this tool have resulted in my developers having a clearer roadmap, which in turn results in shorter sprints. It also serves to show shareholders what you have envisioned and get their feedback before building code, thus reducing your refactoring or editing time.

Justinmind review by Bria Q.
Bria Q.

"Great prototyping tool!"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use JustInMind. Creating prototypes don't take long at all. Also, I like how there are default templates depending on the device youre making prototypes on.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the icon and widget size on my laptop. The resolution is very good but the icons are really small so its hard to know what im clicking on.

I am using JustInMind to create prototypes for my groups developer to see if the designs are feasible. My team is creating an application to take a picture of a resume and analyze the text. I am creating the prototypes for the use interfaces for it.

Justinmind review by User

"lightweight and powerfull"

What do you like best?

Ability to collaborate screens into a single prototype file. This option can't be used much as the files are saved in Justinminds server. If they had an option to do the same making use of account holders Google drive.

What do you dislike?

If I happen to forget to log out from a machine, I will be locked out with a message "too many signs in". Wish they had a one-click flush logout option.

Now i have to raise a ticket and someone from Justinmind has to do it from their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning curve is bit steep and complex screens would makes wireframing complex.

Wireframing and prototyping. Clients can click through and understand how the software would behave once it is developed.

Justinmind review by User in Computer Software

"Very powerful product, just needs a bit of updating"

What do you like best?

The event building process is great. It took a while to understand, but after getting my head around it, it is awesome! It doesn't take a ton of mental gymnastics to figure out what you need to do, and that's fantastic. I am building much better prototypes in a smaller amount of time.

What do you dislike?

1. They have a few bugs with fonts not being the same value/size as they are in EVERY other program. For example, sometimes Arial at 10pt in Justinmind is the equivalent of 14pt in Sketch.

2. Their SVG compatibility can be sketchy. When I insert certain SVGs, Justinmind actually switches the layout/look of what I just inserted. Can be very frustrating.

3. Every so often their public sharing option can be slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally believe that this is a better product than Axure, but Justinmind has a little ways to go to iron out some of their issues. Once they get rid of those issues, I believe it will be way ahead of Axure.

I need to be able to quickly prototype powerful interactions for my company's web app. This is a fantastic product for that. It allows me to quickly get in there and make some complicated interactions. What would have taken me weeks in other products takes me a few days in this.

Justinmind review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Good Prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn tool for making low to mid fi prototypes. Useful for importing comps and linking them with hotspots, works well accross platforms/devices. Easy to incorporate text boxes, drop downs, etc that accept dynamic user input in testing. Also the built-in widget libraries are nice.

What do you dislike?

Set up is a bit clunky, and there are strict limits around how much of trial/free things you get without a full license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a worth while tool to check out, its lighter and in some ways very similar to Axure in its interface, but not as powerful. Good for importing comps and adding fields to simulate simple user flows. Also usable as wireframing tool.

Think aloud and usability testing to maximize efficiency in key user flow for my customer: activation and registration

Justinmind review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Easiest Prototyper Yet!"

What do you like best?

It's EXTREMELY streamlined and simple to use, with a Ps-like interface for dealing with layers. I love it!

What do you dislike?

So far, through my use, nothing! When you first begin using it, the interface can be a little confusing, but you can choose at startup to take lessons on using it!

It's easier than ever to make prettier interfaces! Planning my site layouts and making graphics is so much faster now that I've started using this.

Justinmind review by Andrew V.
Andrew V.

"Hard tool to use for none coders"

What do you like best?

Nothing, I just don't like anything about this tool, the fact that I was looking for a fast prototyping tool and the internet advise me to use this was way too wrong

What do you dislike?

The fact that it involves coding was a big turn off for me, I am a designer and I am looking for a tool that creates solutions and not more problems

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a none coder please stay away from this tool

None

Justinmind review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Justinmind"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Justinmind is its ease in designing and prototyping mobile and web applications. It comes preconfigured with widgets and icons to help you put the design element in places with ease. There is a learning curve but with its easy to use interface, it doesn't take much to learn the layout. Another thing i like about justinmind is the easy editing of existing widget texts and colours.

What do you dislike?

I use the free version to design mobile layouts and the free version does not allow exporting the designs to other formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are willing to pay, it can be a great asset

designing of mobile apps

Justinmind review by User in Design
User in Design

"difficult to use"

What do you like best?

it has many features with a friendly user interface

What do you dislike?

it's difficult to use and the onboarding tutorials are not so clear

interactive prototyping simulation for UX design projects; my job is to solve user experience problems for customers

Justinmind review by User in Computer Software

"Great Prototyping tool that needs slight improvements"

What do you like best?

Users have the ability to simulate their prototype within the tool with the apps "Simulate" button. There are also helpful widget tools and users are able to simulate interactions. Wireframes for HTML can be directly exported to HTML. Elements can be dragged and dropped into a frame.

What do you dislike?

Justinmind Pro is expensive, and the free version can be limiting. There is a steep learning curve.

My team and I used Justinmind when wireframing & prototyping an Android application. Justinmind allowed us to create a prototype that was great for UX and interaction design testing.

Justinmind review by Edmund Y.
Edmund Y.

"Excellent for prototyping"

What do you like best?

Ability to output prototype as HTML which can be shown on mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

They have swipe which is good, but I would like to have the element follow my finger when I swipe.

Ability to rapidly test out interaction designs and easily update the prototype

Justinmind review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I used Justinmind as a prototyping tool for websites that I have created."

What do you like best?

I liked the easy-to-use interface they have. It was very simple and straightforward, and I ended with a perfect prototype.

What do you dislike?

At times it was difficult to get exactly what I was looking for in the prototype. Some things were missing or weren't available.

This program helped me prevent some unforeseen issues with my sites. Planning before you execute is always better in the end.

Justinmind review by User in Think Tanks
User in Think Tanks

"Good wireframing application"

What do you like best?

Many icons and widgets to incorporate into design including many different devices.

What do you dislike?

The logo, need to purchase subscription in order to share design publicly.

Making designing and prototyping easier.

Learning about Justinmind?

* We monitor all Justinmind reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.