Justinmind

Build realistic prototypes of web and mobile apps without coding

Work for Justinmind?

Learning about Justinmind?

Justinmind Reviews

Ask Justinmind a Question
Showing 15 Justinmind reviews
Justinmind review by <span>Steve P.</span>
Steve P.

Justinmind Review

What do you like best?

Honestly, I think Justinmind is pretty good. It allows me as a designer to create both low- and high-fidelity prototypes, and I'm able to get pretty in depth with prototyping interactions as well.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs around displaying a prototype in the tool and previewing it in a browser (occasionally alignment will be off, nothing major) but the biggest problem is the lack of default widgets available for both web & mobile. I know there are other libraries of widgets that can be imported, but I'd like more customized control over the display of a checkbox & a combobox (for example) - not just be restricted to how those controls look by default in a browser window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used for both high- and low- fidelity prototyping, but honestly there are better wireframing tools out there.

High-fidelity prototyping is what I use it for the most - it's probably not the best for it, but I think it works very well for me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Justinmind
Justinmind review by <span>Oleksandr T.</span>
Oleksandr T.

Must have tool for complex systems prototyping

What do you like best?

The tool is simply gorgeous and it's a pleasure to work in it. Very useful component palettes, master templates, programmable actions - these all create positive impressions. The prototype emulator in the web and the sharing settings are well thought out.

I'm using this tool more than 3 years and each time I finished work on a prototype for mobile or web app I wanted to do one again in this tool.

What do you dislike?

The limits of the free version are a little bit frustrating. Also, it will be nice to have more ready-made components, especially for web apps prototyping.Anyway, it's the best tool in the market for prototyping mobile apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think, just try

I designed in this tool about 10 prototypes for web apps with different complexity and for different branches of business. Also, I designed 3 beautiful prototypes for mobile apps.

What Wireframing solution do you use?

Justinmind review by <span>Amit S.</span>
Amit S.

One of the best tool for prototyping the web and mobile apps.

What do you like best?

User Interface is great and you can easily create an interactive prototype of your app. If you have knowledge of a little bit of coding you can do much more in Justinmind.

What do you dislike?

If they add a feature to customize the toolbar according to your requirement, that would be great. Otherwise, Justinmind is doing great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick prototyping tool for web and phone apps, it is the best go for it.

Justinmind is solving many problems like fast prototyping, if you want to show your design to the client, it's easy and fast. Pre-loaded UI kits give you an extra feature and you can share your prototype with your coworkers to reduce your workload.

Justinmind review by <span>Elaine Y.</span>
Elaine Y.

a good experience

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive way the software presents its resources, in particular, the graphics resources, on the left sidebar.

When I think of the wireframe, sometimes, instead of duplicate screens, I create two or three screens and I copy from one to another some features that are repeated. The fact of paste in the same place from one screen to another is a positive point (since the "shift+ctrl+V function does not work).

The outline panel give a sense of the amount of elements on the screen, it is also nice.

The use of the program itself is also quite intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Copy and paste at the same place does not work IN THE SAME SCREEN ... when I'm in the creation process, I do it very often hoping that the object will be in the same place, because sometimes I use shift + arrow left / right to standardize the spacings.

A few keyboard shortcuts work in software.

The tool is somewhat limited in some aspects. I felt it when I had to apply the same formatting to multiple objects, and tried to do it in a simultaneously way.

It gave a good idea of some usability aspects of the project because we understand and rethink the navigability on each screen. We had the perception of the number of objects on each screen, and a broader view of the extent of what we were planning.

Justinmind review by <span>Matthew B.</span>
Matthew B.

Excellent for demonstration of concepts especially on mobile

What do you like best?

Within half day I can create an mock application that I can demonstrate the stakeholders and product teams without compromising complex application actions. I can even build formulas that are computed in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is lacking - but is intuitive to understand without the documents. Complex interactions may present some challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for rapid prototyping of android, web and iOS applications. It even uses the material versions of google's android which is perfect. I found one issue which is still unresolved with the mobile application not able to render on my phone due to it's very high resolution.

I am able to take ideas and demonstrate them without asking for development teams to rapidly prototype an application.

Justinmind review by User in Financial Services

Versatile Prototyping Tool

What do you like best?

What I like best about JustInMind is that you can choose to use it however you want, you can choose to create a Lo-Fi or a Hi-Fi prototype. It provides the tools to enhance a simple mock-up to display how you want the experience to be felt like before you begin writing a single line of code. Plus the free version offers many of the tools you need to have a basic prototype.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it exports your mock-ups as images, sometimes it works perfectly and my mock-ups are shown perfectly, but others it completely cuts some parts of my mock-ups even though I respect the window size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about using the Pro version of this, just make sure you will use it consistently. If you create mock ups for your projects every now and then you are definitely fine with the free version.

I am using JustInMind for mock-ups to share with stakeholders, developers and marketing teams. The benefits of having this tool have resulted in my developers having a clearer roadmap, which in turn results in shorter sprints. It also serves to show shareholders what you have envisioned and get their feedback before building code, thus reducing your refactoring or editing time.

Learning about Justinmind?

* We monitor all Justinmind reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.