Justworks

The foundation your business needs. You have a company to run. Justworks provides a solid foundation for your business to grow and thrive.

Work for Justworks?

Learning about Justworks?

Justworks Reviews

Ask Justworks a Question
Showing 48 Justworks reviews
Justworks review by <span>Tanya C.</span>
Tanya C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The primary value we derive from Justworks is compliance management for state regulations. From taxes to unemployment filings to compliance forms, Justworks handles it all. For a fully distributed team, this is a sanity-saver! The additional value we get in the form of benefit offerings + management and payroll processing is all bonus to the compliance aspect!

What do you dislike?

The response time on emails is longer than I would like. I find that I often have to follow-up a 2nd time to get a response. Also, they only support US employees. I would love to see that expanded to include Canada (and beyond).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found Justworks to be the best option available right now for the needs of a company our size. They provide excellent value for the price we pay. We hope to see some improvements as they scale and grow, but overall we are pleased with the value they deliver.

As a fully distributed remote team, we rely heavily on Justworks to manage and direct us on all state-related compliance issues. We also use the product to handle all of our payroll, including employees and contractors. We utilize Justworks for employee expense reimbursements and for some benefit offerings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Justworks
Justworks review by <span>Quandra T.</span>
Quandra T.
Validated Review

Much easier interface than ADP!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that the calendar displays the date you'll get paid so there's no confusion, and it also displays co-workers birthdays as well, which might sound like nothing, but at our old job we actually kept printed lists of birth dates so that we could celebrate (super old school.) Also, the sign up made setting up healthcare insurance a breeze, and the overall website interface is so much cleaner and easier to find everything. They are also great at sending you reminder emails, such as to enroll by a certain time or even to just let you know you've been paid!

What do you dislike?

No more routine every Friday paydays. The Justworks schedule is the 15th and last day of each month. As someone who was used to a biweekly pay schedule her entire life, it took a little bit of adjusting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go! So far, I've experienced JustWorks, ADP and Paychex in the past and Justworks is the easiest one with the best usability in my opinion!

Our company switched from ADP to Justworks with this summer and this is a much better human resources solution that allows the employee to easily log in and check anything they need from pay stubs to insurance to pay dates, so that you no longer have to ask your boss or human resources supervisor. Much more hands-on and accessible.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Justworks review by <span>Gideon M.</span>
Gideon M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Streamlined, intuitive, allows employees to self-serve, great support, competitive pricing

What do you dislike?

Customer support from some third party benefits providers has been underwhelming (eg; WageWorks, BenefitWallet)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Justworks is superior to our previous payroll provider in every way. The offering is similar (payroll, healthcare, 401k, HR support) - in fact, I haven't come across a feature/benefit offered by Paychex that Justworks didn't match/exceed. However, the overall experience is vastly improved.

Painfully on the nose, but it just works. It does everything it's supposed to do, effortlessly.

When you tire of:

- chasing payroll because they've made yet another error

- waiting for an outdated website to load

- navigating a sea of useless reports for the one that addresses your need

- your team paying more for worse health coverage

- paying more for less

Look them up.

One stop solution for payroll, benefits and HR.

- Vastly improved user experience for employees and admins

- Eliminated payroll errors

- Reduced turnaround time on payroll/benefit/HR queries

- Improved team visibility (shared leave calendar)

- Reduced cost, improved health benefits

- Reduced payroll company cost

Justworks review by <span>Dan S.</span>
Dan S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The company has a strong and intuitive interface, and has been able to negotiate strong pricing for benefits offerings.

What do you dislike?

The initial onboarding experience was problematic, and the service level went down from there. We had several unique needs that were fully disclosed from our side from the beginning, and yet JustWorks acted surprised by these items once we were up and running. The ongoing service level for a growth-stage company trying to manage cashflow challenges was also poor. Would only recommend for established companies that are mostly self-sufficient and just need slight process improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only consider using this product if you are running a fully mature business that does not require flexibility or a strong partnership. Avoid if a startup or early growth-stage company.

Lower-cost benefits solutions, HR compliance.

Justworks review by User

It's been a great HR resource!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for us to use at work. It makes it very simple for me as a manager to track my employees' hours and time off, and it streamlines payments so that I know exactly what I am getting and when. It has simplified the HR side of our company! Easy to log in and very user-friendly to coordinate my insurance and all logistical information surrounding my work.

What do you dislike?

Honestly from my side, there hasn't been anything especially difficult that I've combatted yet. It's been simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, being on the side where I am receiving rather than using JustWorks as much for my team, I cannot say form experience issues that I have needed to overcome. Everything has been very simple so far for me to track and keep in my control.

As a small, fast-growing company, we don't have a traditional HR department. JustWorks has made it easy for us to have one person spear-heading the HR department through the ease of use that comes along with JustWorks.

Justworks review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

Justworks is awesome

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Our company signed up with Justworks after leaving ADP TotalSource due to what we consider fraudulent business activities. We were wary of signing on with another PEO but Justworks has been a dream to work with! Their pricing is totally transparent, something we did not find when considering other PEOs.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything much. Maybe that I can't customize our Quickbooks integrations more but that's such a minor problem it doesn't even really count.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and sign up for the annual package, you won't regret your decision to go with them. Take advantage of the Slack channels they have set up as it is the easiest way to get in touch with someone to answer your questions.

Justworks has provided us access to much better health insurance than we can get on our own. Their pricing is transparent and they are always easy to get in touch with if you have questions.

Learn more about Justworks

Justworks Videos

Learning about Justworks?

* We monitor all Justworks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.