What do you like best?
- Quickly implement solutions from idea with little technical background.
- Data can be driven and interact from most common Microsoft systems (SQL Server, SharePoint...)
- Management dashboard to track workflow and high level errors.
- Great for small projects and medium ones that doesn't need much interaction with many external systems.
- More powerful than InfoPath, as there are more rules and smartobject integration
- SmartAction. Have the ability to customize the keyword. This saves us alot of time and keep the upper management happy
- Visualize the workflow (though on silverlight)
What do you dislike?
- UI is very much outdated in today's standard.
- Hard to customize smartforms and very slow sometimes due to data loading.
- Rules are very hard to manage and duplication, along with no good versioning tool.
- API workflow call could be more robust.
- Only on Microsoft stack with no other options.
- Couldn't find a way to scale out easily.
- Not much endorsement on third party app developers. Some great ideas but never seem to make it to part of K2 build.
- Seems very slow on rolling out features, and there wasn't a clear roadmap on where it's going before K2 Five
- No adoption on AWS
Recommendations to others considering the product
Great for small projects and medium ones that doesn't need much interaction with many external systems, with very well defined requirements and think long ahead how it can be scaled. Good to work with K2 architect first to narrow down the design.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Converted a email driven approval process to K2 with a formal submission and workflow approval. The benefits include one source of truth, metrics, and confidence to all users that it's an official process.