k9mail

K-9 is an opensource email client based on the Email application shipped with the initial release of Android. K-9 is focused on making it easy to chew through large volumes of email.

Work for k9mail?

Learning about k9mail?

k9mail Reviews

Showing 11 k9mail reviews
k9mail review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

K9 mail: The best android mail client

What do you like best?

K9mail handles multiple accounts easily, notifications are trivial to set up, and of course the entire app is open source. It is updated fairly frequently- every month or two, usually. There are no major features which are absent, and it can be used with any mail server which supports IMAP or POP. It has built-in support for PGP encryption as well, using an app like OpenKeychain.

What do you dislike?

The search function of the app could definitely use some work- if there were a way to more easily search the remote server for old emails, that would be useful. But this can be worked around by starring emails I think I'll need later for ease of search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

K9mail is a phenomenal free and open-source email client for mobile devices. Certainly more featureful than most default email clients, I highly recommend this to anyone who cares about freedom when choosing which apps they want to run on their device. It's stable, it works well, and you will have few complaints.

This makes it easy to keep in touch with my job and receive emails from my phone when I'm on the move.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about k9mail
k9mail review by <span>Greg K.</span>
Greg K.

Solid app for Exchange email

What do you like best?

The layout is clean and simple to use. It allows me to keep up to date with my work emails while on the go.

What do you dislike?

I don't seem to be able to import all of my folders. I have sub-folders within my Inbox, but they don't appear on the app (while other exchange apps will show everything).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app for POP3, IMAP, and Exchange email accounts. It's great for basic use, but if you use it for a work account that has a lot of sub-folders, it may not work for you.

Keeping up to date with work emails while away from my computer.

What Other Email solution do you use?

k9mail review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

Simple E-Mail App that Works

What do you like best?

I first downloaded K-9 Mail when my Android's pre-installed e-mail client wouldn't work, and have been using it for everything except my personal G-mail ever since. The app is simple with very little in the way of frills, and it just works.

What do you dislike?

The biggest annoyance is trying to search for e-mails that have since been deleted locally. Currently, only e-mails that are on the device are searchable, so if you want to search beyond the 50 or so still stored locally, you have do download past e-mails, 50 at a time, which then show up as unread. If there was a way for the app to search the server and only download e-mails matching he search criteria, the search function would be much more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something with a lot of features, look elsewhere. If you want an app that is simple and just works, then this is it

K-9 lets you combine multiple e-mail accounts into one, easy to use, highly intuative client, and just works when others don't

k9mail review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

K9 mail review

What do you like best?

It was fast and accurate. It felt as if it retrieved my mail before my phone would.

What do you dislike?

There was some issues like compatibility using it with a galaxy note 4. It did not like cooperating on my phone with my other programs. Felt like I was constantly getting doubles of emails and when I tried to delete it on K9 it wouldn't transfer over to my mailbox on other devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their support it helped majorly with the doubling of mail issues but I still feel as though it didn't play very nice with the Android OS.

We wanted a mail client that worked efficiently both by way of the desktop and on different smartphones as apps. I realized that we needed something that we could go to and did not have to look in multiple places for. A one place for all mail but better then the standard client on phones.

k9mail review by <span>Joseph C.</span>
Joseph C.

Gmail alternative for unified inbox

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to import email addresses from multiple hosts. Email filters are also really useful, but not really any better than gmail's option. The stability and support from developers is incredible, and puts it miles ahead of other software that might look more polished.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the default signature, but that's about it. The user interface is not as nice as CloudMagic, but the support and stability more than make up for it. Most everything else is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You might be "wow-ed" by the slick user interface of CloudMagic, but don't be fooled! k9mail has far superior support, has been stable for years, and best of all, is FREE! Best email client on Android!

I am solving the need to manage multiple email inboxes from a single device; K9mail does the job wonderfully. It has never crashed on me, and stability is a huge requirement of running multiple email accounts.

k9mail review by User

Mail client.

What do you like best?

One of the few email clients POP and IMAP, for Androida. In my opinion, the most adequate.

What do you dislike?

Not very convenient to use. The interface is more convenient for the program Agua Mile. I would like the developer to listen to the wishes of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for use as an alternative email client.

It is convenient for me to send mail from my smartphone.

Learning about k9mail?

* We monitor all k9mail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.