Kahoot!

Create a fun learning game in minutes (we call these kahoots), made from a series of multiple choice questions.

Work for Kahoot!?

Showing 148 Kahoot! reviews
Kahoot! review by <span>Hope L.</span>
Hope L.

Great Game for Learning

What do you like best?

I absolutely love kahoot for ease of use and platform. Kahoot makes it very easy to create a multiple-choice style game for learning. The game works for students of all ages- children and adults!

What do you dislike?

Kahoot can sometimes lag on the user end, as all users besides the administrator of the game are playing on their own device. They connect to the game with a code, and sometimes students screens load faster than others, allowing them to answer quicker. Points are given based on quickness to answer, so this can be unfair to those that have faster or newer devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to create "wrong" answers for your questions in addition to giving the correct one, so make sure you leave enough time for you to create the game. You will be typing all questions and answers. Your students will be given a code to join the game. When playing the game, you will need a home screen to display the question and answer options. The students will see symbols for each answer option and they select on their device. For devices, smartphones or touchscreens like tablets work best.

Kahoot provides an easy, free platform to make learning fun for all ages. You can create a multiple choice game that involves intriguing graphics, fun sounds, and interactive for all learners.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kahoot!
Kahoot! review by <span>Sarah S.</span>
Sarah S.

Kahoot Is a Hoot

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly create a game to review for math on the same morning I want to use it; it is that quick and easy to use. Also, I can tailor it EXACTLY to what I want my students to focus on.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I would say that I really dislike; it does what it is supposed to do and meets my expectations for what I want to use it for, which is simple, engaging skill review games.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool even to those who do not consider themselves tech-savvy. With an interactive whiteboard and Chromebooks, it nicely fits into almost any classroom and the students will pick right up on it.

I am solving the problem of students NOT being engaged with review of skills before I give a test; 4th graders aren't adept at studying and reviewing by themselves yet, so this gives me a way to get them to return to the material before taking a test, and they are realizing what they haven't mastered and need to work on a little more.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Kahoot! review by <span>Samantha H.</span>
Samantha H.

Fun Quizzes!

What do you like best?

I love that I can create my own quizzes or search for quizzes made by other users. This site gives instant feedback for student understanding and kids have a lot of fun. They love that they get more points for getting a question correct, and it brings out their competitiveness.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing big that I dislike about Kahoot! It is easy to use and search for quizzes, but I guess one downside is that sometimes the answers to the quizzes made by other users are incorrect, so that affects the scores of the students. Another downside is that if I want to go over a problem because I noticed that many students had an incorrect answer, I can't see the problem/question after the answer is revealed.

Kahoot! makes it so simple to check for student understanding and going over misconceptions as they happen. Teachers get immediate results and can address any problems students may have. Students see this as a game, so they always have fun when playing, and they think of playing as a reward (even though they are actually learning and practicing the concepts learned in class).

Kahoot! review by <span>Kathy H.</span>
Kathy H.

Easy to set up , and fun for students!

What do you like best?

Kahoot is versatile. It can be used on computers, ipads, even smart devices. I have made my own Kahoot reviews and quizzes and I've also used some of the many that are posted on the site. It is easy to use. The students are completerly engaged when we use kahoot. I like to use them as a review for units of study, but they could also be used as assessments. The kids feel like we're on a game show.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike. If I don't find something there that suits my needs, I just create my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll like it!

Kahoot is a great study tool. I use it for elementary students, and my daughter in high school says she uses it in her classes. It's great for all ages. Great for reviewing r assessing students.

Kahoot! review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

Using Kahoot to its full potential in the classroom!

What do you like best?

Kahoot is an awesome tool for revising and consolidating informations, it's fun, easy to play and join! There's just one major gripe I have...

What do you dislike?

The Kahoot team need to allow for real-time student collaboration while making the Kahoots! It's an awesome tool but is so far mostly being to a fraction of its potential. If the students actually make the Kahoots it enables far deeper and more active engagement. I've built a scaffold that works around the design flaws to empower students to create their own: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Student-friendly-Kahoot-Scaffold-3447507

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have students build their own Kahoots! This allows for deeper and more active engagement and embedding of key learning concepts. Mysteriously the software makes this a little tricky so I've compiled a student guide and some handy work-arounds! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Student-friendly-Kahoot-Scaffold-3447507

Kahoot helps address education inequality by empowering all students. To bring it to the next level have students make the Kahoots with these tips: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Student-friendly-Kahoot-Scaffold-3447507

Kahoot! review by <span>Marie K.</span>
Marie K.

Ideal tool for Elearning, not only for children

What do you like best?

It is an easy way to work interactive with our students. It is motivating them and can be accessed everywhere.

What do you dislike?

I think for some students it is negative that there is a score system that favors speed over quality. I have seen it many times that some errors result through this flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think everyone who wants a fun and playful way to teach their students can try this tool with no risk in completely disappointment. Plus its free to use, no risk for you.

We use Kahoot for quick comprehension sessions before and after real tests. As our students are older clients that we are working with for job improvement actions the best feature is the mobile version of it. Many students have to go to work and have a family so time and flexibility to learn is the key to a successful learning process.

Learning about Kahoot!?

* We monitor all Kahoot! reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.