Kami for G Suite

Kami tools enables you to annotate, markup, and collaborate on your PDF, document, or image files.

Work for Kami for G Suite?

Learning about Kami for G Suite?

Kami for G Suite Reviews

Showing 13 Kami for G Suite reviews
Kami for G Suite review by Administrator

"Reliable, I never use Adobe anymore"

What do you like best?

I manage contracts and have to mark up paperwork all the time. Kami is easier to work with for me than Adobe because options are easily available from the sidebar and I can save to Google Drive right away or print. We are all cloud-based, so I never have to leave the browser. I also use Split and Merge a lot to combine documents.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints really. Occasionally it asks to upgrade to paid version, but not too often. Also, you can't have two versions of the same document marked up, it merges to the latest version seeing it as one document. So if you upload it once, markup, and then upload it again to do different notes for another person, it will only save the latest one.

we do not have to pay for newer versions of Adobe and more people can mark up documents

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kami for G Suite
Kami for G Suite review by User in Higher Education

"The perfect extension for Google Classroom Lessons, Annotate PDFs"

What do you like best?

Kami allows teachers and students to annotate pdfs and other documents. This makes using digital documents much friendlier for students.It's great for collaborating and is especially useful with Google Docs.They work seamlessly together. I like to use it within Guided Reading Groups.You can also rotate docs. Documents can be easily uploaded from your Drive or from your computer.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike. We have the subscription. It has been nothing but helpful. It cuts down on the use of paper. More things can be done digitally. Less running to the copy machine to create docs for studnens to write on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I think you'll find it helpful!

It's a great E-learnng tool. It's a suitable option to Adobe software.It works within Google docs instead of being a separate software piece. You can upload from your computer or Google drive. I love using Chrome, Google Drive and Kami together.

What G Suite Office Tools solution do you use?

Kami for G Suite review by Russell S. P.
Russell S. P.

"Great companion for G Suite"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the Kami extension for G Suite. The free version works quite flawlessly allowing you to edit on .PDFs in your Chrome browser. Kami offers the user the ability to highlight, add shapes or lines, add comments or notes. Advanced editing tools are also available. It docks quietly to the right of the browser when PDF links are opened and starts up without prompt. My favorite feature may be the ability to seamlessly share/upload content to Drive.

What do you dislike?

No major concerns, but they have made some features "premium," which means they cost. This is not uncommon with edtech companies and happens all to often. But it is annoying that some features I once had access to are not available for free anymore. Another common first-time user frustration I hear about is learning the difference between the app and the extension. Both are offered but obtaining the correct one can be confusing.

Editing on top of PDF files.

Kami for G Suite review by Shane P.
Shane P.

"Useful extension for Chrome!"

What do you like best?

There are two forms of Kami - an extension for Chrome/G Suite and a program/app. Either one, both are great and useful resource for solving PDF problems for free! They, of course coordinate and work together should you decide you need both. All in all, Kami is the exact tool you need for editing on a .PDF. Features include: highlighter, strikethrough and underline, add comments, text, paint features, shapes, and I'm really just getting started. I used this for school and currently use this for work, as well. After edits have been made, you can download as a PDF or upload to your Drive. I love it - it's really been a big help when working on PDFs.

What do you dislike?

As previously mentioned, it can be confusing at first - do you need or have the app or extension, but once you've sorted through this, it's great!

Adding content to or editing on top of a PDF.

Kami for G Suite review by Tyler P.
Tyler P.

"Kami for G Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work on things that are stored in the cloud. That way I can work on it from home, my laptop, or at work. So far everything has been really seamless I'm my ability to work with it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I haven't encountered anything so far that I haven't been a big fan of. Literally the only downfall is my pro...it would be nice if it were on my computers, but I like to have things cloud based as well.

It gives me the ability to correct and show where change needs to be made when were generating PDF's for customers.

Kami for G Suite review by Mariah K.
Mariah K.

"Very intuitive and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love apps that are easy to learn and use. It's frustrating when you have to spend a bunch of time to understand your product and you don't have to with this one. I love that it's a part of google drive because it's easy to pass around to your colleague/supervisor/etc...

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike, but I am used to Adobe products such as Adobe Acrobat which has more capabilities in my opinion; but it's not as easy to use as Kami is!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something basic for editing and proofing, this is a perfect fit!! It only took me minutes to figure out the layout and how to use the platform.

The ability to edit and send on/share with someone else is completely seamless since using it.

Kami for G Suite review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Teacher's Best Friend "

What do you like best?

I started using Kami in my classroom to markup various PDF documents that I intend to use for teaching and I love how easy it is to use!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Kami was relatively difficult to gain access to. It isn't a free Google classroom or Google Suite add-on. In order for me to use it in my district I had to have our site administrator get a license to use it.

Kami allowed me to markup and make notes on various PSF documents which is really beneficial because a majority of the materials for my classroom come in PDF format and are difficult to annotate or markup otherwise.

Kami for G Suite review by Mia W.
Mia W.

"A little elusive but good"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the functionality of Kami as it pertains to using the annotations for my PDFs during online tutoring sessions.

What do you dislike?

The tutorials on how to use Kami in different ways go a little bit too fast, and require a couple of re-watches in order to make sense.

The main problem is the inconsistency of annotation features within Adobe DC for teaching online lessons with PDF documents. The main benefit is the ability to save and customize those kinds of annotations.

Kami for G Suite review by User

"Straightforward and helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that it's intuitive to use, and saves me from a tedious process of printing, rescanning, etc.

What do you dislike?

No real issues I've found while using. The app's pretty straightforward all around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're working with folks outside of your network, this is a great platform to use as an alternative.

Streamlining edits to PDFs that require signatures or markup outside of our organization.

Kami for G Suite review by User

"Kami Krushes it!"

What do you like best?

Kami is a wonderful tool for manipulating PDF's!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard at first to get the tools in the correct place to manipulate the PDF correctly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extension in chrome so no need to opnen other programs!

Being able to manipulate and change PDF's so suite my needs or to be able to fill out PDF's and return digitally instead of snail mail!

Kami for G Suite review by Administrator

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Was able to split documents and edit PDFs

What do you dislike?

Was not easy to navigate in application. Will not continue to use application.

For a PDF editor

Kami for G Suite review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A potential go-to"

What do you like best?

I like how it integrates itself with G suites and interacts with it seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

The premium model has the same features with other free programs.

It's a breeze to read and sign forms and to comment and annotate. It made my life easier especially for emails.

Kami for G Suite review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Decent PDF PDF Markup Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I could highlight and view PDFs easily

What do you dislike?

Hard to uninstall, unsure if it caused viruses on my computer. It also did not always convert the text well enough to highlight

N/A

Learning about Kami for G Suite?

* We monitor all Kami for G Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.