Kannu

4.7

Kannu is designed by educators, for educators, bringing the online learning experience alive with a strong focus on user interaction and pedagogical flexibility. Building a course is easy, and keeping track of coursework and communication is even easier.

Work for Kannu?

Learning about Kannu?

Kannu Reviews

Ask Kannu a Question
Showing 16 Kannu reviews
Kannu review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Kannu is a powerful and flexible tool for both teaching and learning"

What do you like best?

The Kannu LMS continues to be a great tool that helps me to help for my students. The platform has the flexibility to format my courses the way I want to teach them. The process of creating a course on Kannu helps me to think through what I want to my students to learn and how I can guide them through the learning process. In this regard, Kannu is more than a learning management system, it is a vital part of my teaching practice. Anyone who has ever taught a course knows that unexpected tangents happen and these may often have a huge impact on student learning. This LMS allows me to add material that I could never have anticipated at the beginning of the semester or that was discovered by my students during the semester. This allows me to model real world, real time discovery and synthesis. This adds to the student experience far beyond just the content of the course. I appreciate the flexibility, but also the fact that I can copy a course from previous semesters to upcoming semesters. After all, some content is predictably similar among permutations of a single course. The value added when copying a course is that over time the content grows and the archive of resources can be curated as the subject matter itself develops and changes.

What do you dislike?

All Learning Management Systems have a learning curve, Kannu is no different. Luckily the curve is fast.

This program helps organize and deliver course resources to my students. I has the capacity help me evaluate and provide feedback to my students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kannu
Kannu review by Ge W.
Ge W.

"aesthetics matter; a thoughtfully designed and elegant LMS (at last)"

What do you like best?

Finally, a LMS whose interface was clearly designed by people who care about making full-featured systems, understand the importance of elegance, and grok the educational experience for teachers and students. Having long struggled with Coursework (tolerable) and Canvas (yikes), working with Kannu has been a breath of fresh air: 1) it doesn't feel like an endless hodge-podge of obligatory features checked off by some corporate committee, but a purposeful integration designed by educators; 2) the portfolio feature is simply excellent, particularly for courses with creative projects. Its presentation really elevates (rightfully) a sense of accomplishment and pride for the student as they go from project to project, and something they can later point to as part of a job application. LMS's are complex, and Kannu is no different (there is a learning curve). Yet Kannu is lightyears better than other LMS's I've used for one core reason: everything about it gives me the sense that it intensely cares about its quality of use, and by extension what my students and I can do with it.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other LMS's I've used, there is nothing Kannu does less effectively, and many things it does significantly better, more elegantly.

full-featured LMS for the courses I teach at Stanford University, useful and elegant experience for my students.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Kannu review by Rebecca F.
Rebecca F.

"A clean, usable system"

What do you like best?

Kannu provides an easy to use and responsive interface for student learning, assessment, and online community. Plus it comes with features that are essential for people working with technology and media, such as the ability to work with program code, video, sound, etc.

What do you dislike?

Kannu is not as flexible as tools like Moodle; it may not do absolutely everything you can imagine. But the tradeoff is that the things it does are actually very easy to understand, and it looks nice in the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the feature set matches what you need, I highly recommend it! Your students/users will be very happy.

I have used Kannu to run an online course with several thousand students. It allows me to spend time interacting with students about the actual course content, not worrying about course logistics.

Kannu review by Carl L.
Carl L.

"Kannu is flexible and elegant"

What do you like best?

Kannu support is top notch. I've always gotten a prompt and thorough reply and I can tell that my input is making a difference in the direction of the product. Kannu makes it very easy to manage student submissions, which is a big deal for us because our projects have complex and varied deliverables. As an art and design school, interface and experience is important. Kannu is well designed, and the experience had by students is consistent with our aesthetic and interface standards. Finally, this is not glamorous, but extremely important: Kannu functions well as a communication platform for the course. Communications between faculty and students, students and students, and students and TAs can all happen in one place.

What do you dislike?

Our school is a "google apps" integrated through and through. We use google apps, especially google drive, for everything. I would love to see Kannu/google drive integration. Without that, there are a few tasks that end up being redundant, such as end of semester archival and departmental selection of the best work.

I teach large coordinated studio classes (multiple sections of students, I teach a section and lead a team of teachers who each have their own sections). Organization takes a huge amount of time. Kannu keeps us all on the same page and saves me so much time that I would otherwise spend holding meetings.

Kannu review by Christoph Alexander G.
Christoph Alexander G.

"Kannu is an LMS leader"

What do you like best?

Kannu offers an elegant and sophisticated learning management system that is easy to use. It only takes a couple quick clicks to upload video content, add/delete quizzes and format tests to create a superbly engaging experience for students.

What do you dislike?

There are too many features available that I haven't had time to use! Honestly, I wish I could see more analytics on individual user engagement but I have been told that this is in the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finalize your education and student engagement strategy so the Kannu team can help you get started with all the right features on their LMS. Don't try to teach yourself everything on your own because the Kannu team is there to help with product support.

I use Kannu to manage my "One Minute Academy", whereby students from around the world learn to film and edit one minute videos (http://www.oneminuteacademy.org/). Kannu is streamlined, elegant, powerful and the perfect fit for us because we're trying to deliver high quality educational content through a safe and encrypted online learning platform.

Kannu review by Gina G.
Gina G.

"Good Learning Management System - especially for visual learners "

What do you like best?

We've worked with Kannu for more than a year now and overall are happy with the service and the versatility of the product. It is a great looking portal. We looked at a lot of systems and most are outdated and don't work for visual learners (which is almost everyone). Kannu has an updated app like interface that is easy to use. They regularly provide smart upgrades.

What do you dislike?

We would like more extensive on-boarding. Videos that help our students with the portal would be great. Some features are a little tricky but once you've got them down, they work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a newer company and as a result, try harder. Especially good from smaller programs (we are a boutique school).

We have an online program and this portal is responsive and user friendly. It also works for our on ground classroom management. Students are able to find resources from our classes easy as they are a click away. They like it too.

Kannu review by Priyanka S.
Priyanka S.

"Kannu adds self-learning to our university courses"

What do you like best?

Capabilities for uploading and embedding rich media e.g. video, audio

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike - but we’d love to use it to run student competitions with judging and feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kannu looks and feels great!

We needed a way for our in-person university students to self-learn and self-serve before and after our courses - they had pre-work and resources to prep before, and competitions to submit to afterwards. Kannu let us easily set up and run online components to these courses under our own organization’s brand with a lot of customization.

Kannu review by Philippe P.
Philippe P.

"Kannu for teaching media-heavy classes"

What do you like best?

This LMS is the best to deal with media content. Given how pervasive these often heavy audio / video / media files are, Kannu is handling it best. The online galleries are second to none too.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I think could be improved is the resources associated with a given class. Right now, it is just a list of links and adding structure to this would be useful.

Kannu is helping to solve the problem of online teaching of media-heavy and computer-intensive classes.

Kannu review by Joshua V.
Joshua V.

"Intuitive, clean, and elegant learning management system."

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive, customer service (when I do have a question or problem) has been excellent! Also much nicer graphics and visual layouts than other learning management systems I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

The Session Media portion seems a bit clunky to me--I haven't found a good use for it yet. However, this is trivial compared to the rest of the system.

Easier time managing university level course--lectures, resources, coursework, grading and feedback.

Kannu review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Ali Akbar College of Music Uses Kannu"

What do you like best?

This is the first time we have used a product to manage our online class webinars, and we are enjoying the simplicity of the final product that our students interact with. In the past, our interaction with our students was primarily through emails, and sorting through the emails to find lessons was cumbersome. We don't actually use many of the features Kannu offers, mostly because of the size of our organization, but what we do use has streamlined our webinar interactions with the students in a very beneficial way.

The setup was easy to understand because of the personal training session I received, and Kannu's customer service is amazing. When issues have arisen their response has been prompt and the follow through has been quick. They were responsive to the needs of our school and tailored a few sections the way we needed things to run.

What do you dislike?

When we first started, back in February 2016, there were a few bugs in the system that needed to be worked out. However, Kannu has just launched, so I wasn't surprised by it. 7 months later, many positive changes have taken place and things have evened out for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small organization, like us, Kannu is a great way to manage online classes without needing a large staff.

Organization of our review classes, getting the links out to the students and interaction between our online students was cumbersome in the past. Having one easy to use portal for all of our classes has made the administration end of our job a breeze, and our student's satisfaction with the ease of use of the product has made the maintenance of the classes enjoyable. This wasn't always the case.

Kannu review by Jay L.
Jay L.

"The future of higher education, online learning, and corporate training"

What do you like best?

Kadenze's Kannu is an incredibly flexible business model and versatile platform. We were looking for a solid tool to build our own portal for Real Industry's educational content and also white label the platform for prospective industry partners. Kadenze said “no problem.”

Did I mention that we’re a small non-profit - not a Fortune 500 company or a major University?

My students have found their courseware “refreshing and pleasant to use.” The product design is clean and intuitive for both viewing and completing assignments. The dashboards for educators are simplified and user friendly - no user manual required to update, create assignments, view grades and performance analytics.

I use this platform for teaching at top universities (Stanford, University of Michigan, NYU,...) but also have portals for running academic workshops, small group tutoring, and even corporate training!

What do you dislike?

Analytics are available to instructors, but not quite as robust as you'll get from other platforms... yet!

Platform to use for teaching at major universities; platform that can also be used as a custom portal with our 3rd party workshops and content partners

Kannu review by Spencer S.
Spencer S.

"Easy to use for all of my classroom/teaching needs"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, fluid interface for adding lectures and creating/grading coursework

What do you dislike?

Sometimes loads a little slowly; doesn't always look right on my desktop computer screen

Kannu solves our problem of posting lecture materials for our students to see, posting assignments, and tracking student progress through the course.

Kannu review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Developing a course on Kannu"

What do you like best?

The community aspect really sets it apart from the competition. More than the other products out there it emphasizes the communal nature of learning and takes pains to produce a social learning environment online.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was a lightweight version for managing traditional classes so i could offer students a seamless experience.

Quickly able to create a full online course.

Kannu review by Jacob P.
Jacob P.

"Kannu LMS review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, ability to track all essential course needs, as well as facilitate interaction between students.

What do you dislike?

It was sometimes a bit hard to know when I could scroll on a 13" macbook

I was teaching a music technology course. It made tracking resources, assignments, and lessons a breeze.

Kannu review by Donna B.
Donna B.

"Kannu is awesome"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. We have been able to plug in our curriculum to the Kannu tool set and create a robust education experience for our learners.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. Kannu has enabled us to bring our program to life with ease.

Scaling a curriculum to reach more students

Kannu review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Kannu is a platform that is designed for managing a using contents intuitively and flexibly"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and accessibility of use. The graphic layout is beautiful and the quality of substancial information is excellent

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I particularly dislike

Effective Learning Management System

Learning about Kannu?

* We monitor all Kannu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.