Kannu

Kannu is designed by educators, for educators, bringing the online learning experience alive with a strong focus on user interaction and pedagogical flexibility. Building a course is easy, and keeping track of coursework and communication is even easier.

Work for Kannu?
Edsby learning  2x

Learning about Kannu?

Kannu Reviews

Ask Kannu a Question
Showing 15 Kannu reviews
Kannu review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

Kannu is a powerful and flexible tool for both teaching and learning

What do you like best?

The Kannu LMS continues to be a great tool that helps me to help for my students. The platform has the flexibility to format my courses the way I want to teach them. The process of creating a course on Kannu helps me to think through what I want to my students to learn and how I can guide them through the learning process. In this regard, Kannu is more than a learning management system, it is a vital part of my teaching practice. Anyone who has ever taught a course knows that unexpected tangents happen and these may often have a huge impact on student learning. This LMS allows me to add material that I could never have anticipated at the beginning of the semester or that was discovered by my students during the semester. This allows me to model real world, real time discovery and synthesis. This adds to the student experience far beyond just the content of the course. I appreciate the flexibility, but also the fact that I can copy a course from previous semesters to upcoming semesters. After all, some content is predictably similar among permutations of a single course. The value added when copying a course is that over time the content grows and the archive of resources can be curated as the subject matter itself develops and changes.

What do you dislike?

All Learning Management Systems have a learning curve, Kannu is no different. Luckily the curve is fast.

This program helps organize and deliver course resources to my students. I has the capacity help me evaluate and provide feedback to my students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kannu
Kannu review by <span>Ge W.</span>
Ge W.

aesthetics matter; a thoughtfully designed and elegant LMS (at last)

What do you like best?

Finally, a LMS whose interface was clearly designed by people who care about making full-featured systems, understand the importance of elegance, and grok the educational experience for teachers and students. Having long struggled with Coursework (tolerable) and Canvas (yikes), working with Kannu has been a breath of fresh air: 1) it doesn't feel like an endless hodge-podge of obligatory features checked off by some corporate committee, but a purposeful integration designed by educators; 2) the portfolio feature is simply excellent, particularly for courses with creative projects. Its presentation really elevates (rightfully) a sense of accomplishment and pride for the student as they go from project to project, and something they can later point to as part of a job application. LMS's are complex, and Kannu is no different (there is a learning curve). Yet Kannu is lightyears better than other LMS's I've used for one core reason: everything about it gives me the sense that it intensely cares about its quality of use, and by extension what my students and I can do with it.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other LMS's I've used, there is nothing Kannu does less effectively, and many things it does significantly better, more elegantly.

full-featured LMS for the courses I teach at Stanford University, useful and elegant experience for my students.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Kannu review by <span>Rebecca F.</span>
Rebecca F.

A clean, usable system

What do you like best?

Kannu provides an easy to use and responsive interface for student learning, assessment, and online community. Plus it comes with features that are essential for people working with technology and media, such as the ability to work with program code, video, sound, etc.

What do you dislike?

Kannu is not as flexible as tools like Moodle; it may not do absolutely everything you can imagine. But the tradeoff is that the things it does are actually very easy to understand, and it looks nice in the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the feature set matches what you need, I highly recommend it! Your students/users will be very happy.

I have used Kannu to run an online course with several thousand students. It allows me to spend time interacting with students about the actual course content, not worrying about course logistics.

Kannu review by <span>Carl L.</span>
Carl L.

Kannu is flexible and elegant

What do you like best?

Kannu support is top notch. I've always gotten a prompt and thorough reply and I can tell that my input is making a difference in the direction of the product. Kannu makes it very easy to manage student submissions, which is a big deal for us because our projects have complex and varied deliverables. As an art and design school, interface and experience is important. Kannu is well designed, and the experience had by students is consistent with our aesthetic and interface standards. Finally, this is not glamorous, but extremely important: Kannu functions well as a communication platform for the course. Communications between faculty and students, students and students, and students and TAs can all happen in one place.

What do you dislike?

Our school is a "google apps" integrated through and through. We use google apps, especially google drive, for everything. I would love to see Kannu/google drive integration. Without that, there are a few tasks that end up being redundant, such as end of semester archival and departmental selection of the best work.

I teach large coordinated studio classes (multiple sections of students, I teach a section and lead a team of teachers who each have their own sections). Organization takes a huge amount of time. Kannu keeps us all on the same page and saves me so much time that I would otherwise spend holding meetings.

Kannu review by <span>Christoph Alexander G.</span>
Christoph Alexander G.

Kannu is an LMS leader

What do you like best?

Kannu offers an elegant and sophisticated learning management system that is easy to use. It only takes a couple quick clicks to upload video content, add/delete quizzes and format tests to create a superbly engaging experience for students.

What do you dislike?

There are too many features available that I haven't had time to use! Honestly, I wish I could see more analytics on individual user engagement but I have been told that this is in the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finalize your education and student engagement strategy so the Kannu team can help you get started with all the right features on their LMS. Don't try to teach yourself everything on your own because the Kannu team is there to help with product support.

I use Kannu to manage my "One Minute Academy", whereby students from around the world learn to film and edit one minute videos (http://www.oneminuteacademy.org/). Kannu is streamlined, elegant, powerful and the perfect fit for us because we're trying to deliver high quality educational content through a safe and encrypted online learning platform.

Kannu review by <span>Gina G.</span>
Gina G.

Good Learning Management System - especially for visual learners

What do you like best?

We've worked with Kannu for more than a year now and overall are happy with the service and the versatility of the product. It is a great looking portal. We looked at a lot of systems and most are outdated and don't work for visual learners (which is almost everyone). Kannu has an updated app like interface that is easy to use. They regularly provide smart upgrades.

What do you dislike?

We would like more extensive on-boarding. Videos that help our students with the portal would be great. Some features are a little tricky but once you've got them down, they work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a newer company and as a result, try harder. Especially good from smaller programs (we are a boutique school).

We have an online program and this portal is responsive and user friendly. It also works for our on ground classroom management. Students are able to find resources from our classes easy as they are a click away. They like it too.

Learning about Kannu?

* We monitor all Kannu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.