Kapost

Kapost makes content marketing easy by managing every step of the process in a single platform.

Work for Kapost?
Skyword vs avg 2x

Learning about Kapost?

Kapost Reviews

Ask Kapost a Question
Showing 35 Kapost reviews
Kapost review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.

Really needs buy-in for it to work, but valuable otherwise

What do you like best?

Editorial calendar with tons of options; excellent workflow and permissions; easy to assign roles and duties to team

What do you dislike?

Rather hard to get people on board the platform; sometimes can be difficult to understand certain sections, such as the Gallery. Poor integration with Drupal and not very powerful content creation tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have buy-in from the entire team, and other stakeholders (i.e. those in your review process) before you purchase Kapost. If you already have a process, i.e. one out of Dropbox assignments or Google Doc assignments, this will be harder-- and perhaps not even necessary (i.e. use Google Calendar + Docs assignment instead).

We were trying to implement review processes and timelines for assets and their publication. With Kapost and the corporate marketing team on board, we successfully implemented review stages for editorial, design, product review and a final sign-off from the manager. We also were able to keep track of each asset's publication dates and see them from one place.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kapost
Kapost review by <span>Kristin H.</span>
Kristin H.

Great tool to help you get more content done faster.

What do you like best?

The ability to create and update workflows very easily. My team also enjoyed being able to give feedback directly in the tool during all creation stages. The ability to customize what the end user in our organization saw was great.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could easily see my entire marketing plan for the year and then build out the assets from that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to help you get more content done faster, and a tool that helps others in your organization get the content once it is finished, I'd highly recommend this product. We sat through about 10 demos with other software companies and Kapost came out on top. There was never a time after we purchased this, that I thought it was a bad decision.

We needed to be able to search all of our content for specific words so we knew what pieces needed to be updated by what they said. We were also a very content heavy marketing group and we needed to be able to move through projects quicker.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Kapost review by <span>Rebekah W.</span>
Rebekah W.

Kapost is task management at it's finest with all the automation to keep projects on time.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create different workflows for different processes. Each workflow will have only the tasks—and the people assigned to those specific tasks—necessary to complete the project. Notifications help to remind you that the task has moved on, is behind or a deadline has changed. I love the transparency it offers especially working within a large marketing department. Along with the workflows, you can setup smart deadlines so a project always stays on time.

What do you dislike?

The comment feature could be a bit more intuitive, but currently it is on the bottom righthand corner of the page and can be difficult to manage the comments from other users. Also, it comments each time a task deadline is updated so there could be 15 comments in a row that say "Deadline has been changed".

I use Kapost with a 40 person marketing team and it allows us to collaborate, assign and manage multiple projects at one time regardless of where each person on the team works. The benefits of transparency, accountability and collaboration has really moved our marketing initiatives to the next level.

Kapost review by <span>Kelley B.</span>
Kelley B.

Couldn't Live Without Kapost

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Kapost helps my team to keep our content machine running smoothly. Prior to implementing Kapost we didn't have a true "content machine." Pieces of content would fall off the radar, ideas about new content would be forgotten and there was no true documented processes for completing blogs, white papers and even events.

With Kapost we have more than tripled the amount of content that we produce, ideas are not lost, and we have documented and proven processes for any piece of content, types of campaigns, events, webinars and more. There is no reinventing the wheel.

Kapost is also awesome to work with. They are very interested in listening and implementing our ideas about how to make the Kapost experience better. They are always implementing new features that make Kapost better and I very much feel like the company is going to thrive and be around for a long time!

What do you dislike?

Kapost allows you to drill down to a granular level. Our team has found it works best if we don't get too into the weeds when setting up steps and tasks. It can end up wasting time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service, stable company, flexible, and most importantly the system works.

Our small marketing team has been able to rapidly increase and continue to produce content. We also have been able to reduce the time cycle of getting content approved and published, resulting in more content which is key to helping us drive more leads. No longer do we have to reinvent the wheel in terms of processes for things like conferences. We are able to look back easily and see what we did at a particular conference the year before. It has also helped us in tracking what we have submitted to vendors, conferences, webinars and more. This helps us avoid submitting duplicate content.

Kapost has also helped us be able to create strong nurture programs. This in turn has had an impact on leads and in keeping top of mind with prospects. I would highly recommend Kapost to any team that feels like they aren't producing enough content, struggling with keeping up with their campaign initiatives or anyone who feels like they are constantly reinventing the wheel.

Kapost review by <span>Jeremiah B.</span>
Jeremiah B.

It does the job, but could be better

What do you like best?

The calendar view is helpful, as are custom views. It's relatively easy to see a clear view of what content you're responsible for and when it's due.

What do you dislike?

Limited drag-and-drop capabilities, and the flows don't re-order automatically based on changed task dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search capabilities could be improved, and it's lacking drag-and-drop capabilities. It gets unwieldy as you add more and more, so it might be better for SMBs.

We organize our global content initiatives, as well as resources for the sales team.

Kapost review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

A bit rough to start, then we hit our stride

What do you like best?

I like the job flows...keeps everything moving, and I love the ability to chat with stakeholders within the tool. (less email the better)

What do you dislike?

It was very rough during implementation and I think more hand holding is needed through customer success teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very powerful tool, but not a lot of people know about it in my opinion. When I say I have used Kapost, some know it but most do not. Need more customer advocates to preach the word!

Also, on implementation, there needs a little refinement. People dont like change and thats what hurt us and slowed us down. We had a great kickoff with them, but I feel like we could've used a few more in person meetings to walk us through it all.

We needed a centralized place for all content creation, campaign creation, and an editorial calendar for large launches. It checked off on all of those....BUT it took some time to get there. (be patient)

Learning about Kapost?

* We monitor all Kapost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.