Kareo

Kareo

Our affordable, cloud-based solutions free doctors' hands for the important work of patient care.

Work for Kareo?

Showing 68 Kareo reviews
Kareo review by <span>Donna V.</span>
Donna V.

Kareo saved my business

What do you like best?

Very easy set up to get practices on line quickly and billing. Support from the success people and the support desk is fantastic. Customer service seems to be a huge priority with them unlike other companies providing more expensive services and who charge for tech support

What do you dislike?

It's not dislike at all just improvements that I feel would be useful. I would like to see some of the reports that I can run on the Managed PM side available to the providers and staff on the web platform. Such as the itemized list of charges or patient financial status. Many lawyer's offices call for those and it would be easier if the front office could also generate them instead of them having to contact me to send them to the patient. Additionally, when manually entering charges through the billing web module, the providers have asked me if it can remember DX codes and recently used CPTs so they don't have to reenter every time even though they have sent charges over on a patient previously. Also, if there was a way to print in one shot all the encounter notes for a patient, again lawyers frequently request these and going in one by one is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speaking from a billing company perspective, Kareo is the only company who has a pricing specifically for billing companies and understands that practices will be added on all the time. They even have a specific support line for billing companies. How Kareo addresses the flow of Reimbursement Cycle Management is fantastic. Compared to other EHR/Practice management systems which seem to be over programmed just to look flashy but make our lives more difficult to correct issues or even as simple as posting one payment to multiple claims. Increased productivity is key and Kareo makes my billing responsibilities fly. Lastly, if my clients do not want to use Kareo Clinical the PM side interfaces with most EHRs out there which is a great selling point.

For single provider practices, the interface is so easy to set up, the form and template options are easy to set up. Again, ease of use is key. Staff and providers will not drive themselves crazy to try and find something on a patient it is all right there and integrated. It just makes everyone's life simpler and then you have more time to take care of patients.

I am able to offer a complete suite of services to a provider who may be struggling with recovering AR, billing correctly with the correct codes, charging enough for their fees (the comparison to MCARE in the fee list is fantastic), or even being found. We are just starting to see those providers who have set up their provider profiles getting found on internet searches quickly and messaging them for appointments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kareo
Kareo review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Patients will recognize your good work if you ask them to

What do you like best?

Engagement with patients by connecting with them for a review is a positive experience for both patient and physician. If the physician has truly addressed the patients needs then that will lead to positive reviews that they would not have provided without the Kareo platform leading to a rewarding call to action and social validation of the care the physician provides. I am very pleased with the rapidity of constructive reputation building. Furthermore, the utility of the Yext platform to have consistent and accurate information on the internet is extraordinary and saves a huge amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The messaging platform is clunky and you have to jump to different screens to read a message. For example, a message saying you have a new review will not allow you to click to see that review. This is minor but can be easily corrected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the reputation management and social engagement product, this is excellent. I have not tried the EHR.

Reputation building is rapidly accrued. You can be a great physician but if patients cannot differentiate you then you will not be found. I have seen a lot of traffic where people said my reviews were great.

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Kareo review by <span>Donna M.</span>
Donna M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Finally a product that has the biller in mind

What do you like best?

Kareo is the first billing/practice management platform that has really taken a look at the workflow of all of the relevant parties in a practice; provider, front desk, AND billing. So many other systems make the claims follow up and tracking portions of their system feel like you are fighting a losing battle. I love how simple it is to send claims and how easy it is to filter out items to get to the data that you really need.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of customization in reports. One of the most common items I need is not something that Kareo can generate. Every year patients want a ledger of all of their payments for the year for taxes and this is NOT a report that Kareo has. I have to manually generate this for every patient and this just seems silly.

I don't know that I am solving business problems with Kareo but it has made my job a lot easier. The integration with other EMR systems to generate encounters has saved me so much data entry time.

Kareo review by <span>Pauline B.</span>
Pauline B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Kareo must have been developed by billers.

What do you like best?

The integration with the clearing house is fabulous. We can track claims and work rejections/denials immediately.

What do you dislike?

The statements stop sending after 4 statements instead of 4 statements per visit. If 4 statements were sent last year, and the patients return this year, will not send a statement since 4 have been sent. We have to ask the program to send 100 to cover a range of years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Billers will love this application. Ease of use -creating claims and posting payments-tracking claims are great. The ability to click on an account within a report makes follow up a breeze. Within the AR, a user can click on any payer and the program links to the accounts in that payer category. Amazing.

1. Our claims follow up is so efficient the payment velocity has greatly improved.. 2. The providers can log in and there is complete transparency. The dashboard gives them a summary of their practice. 3. I can compartmentalize staff duties by assigning user permissions. 4. The patient account ledger is so clean, it is easy to see the patient balance and the insurance balance. Love the drop downs for payments and statements.

Kareo review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

Decent scheduling system

What do you like best?

I like a lot about Kareo. It is user friendly and dont find too many glitches with it working with it on a daily basis. I do scheduling for a medical office and it does seem to fit most needs we have there. They are quick to return complaint calls and have friendly staff

What do you dislike?

We keep hoping for an easy way to see new patients identified on the schedule with out making that the primary reason they are being seen. It is hard to space out new patients on the schedule when you have to individually click every appointment surrounding an open time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it apparent when a patient is a new patient by changing the whole block color or adding an astrick by their appointment?

I have realized that this product is great for scheduling and is pretty user friendly. We have 3 providers and a nurses schedule that we book each day. It is beneficial for how small of a company we are but I think that when we begin to grow we will see problems with how the screen lay out is.

Kareo review by <span>Hiral P.</span>
Hiral P.

Kareo was a great system

What do you like best?

The electronic health record tracking system is very user friendly. I was able to take the notes the doctor gave and add the prescriptions for the patient to track so they can easily go to the vendor to get their meds. I know the front office used the billing features which seemed to be also straight forward

What do you dislike?

The support and troubleshooting was not that great. I have had many times where I have had to get with Kareo support for some system glitches and errors. It slowed down my work as a scribe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kareo is great for a small clinic that is wanting a good software for EHR, Billing, etc.

Our clinic used Kareo as their primary system for Health records, billing, and patient tracking. It was a great system for a small clinic as I have experience with Epic as well. This software made my job easier as a scribe as we no longer need to use paper and pen.

Learn more about Kareo

Kareo Videos

Learning about Kareo?

* We monitor all Kareo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Kareo to Similar Solutions