Kareo

Kareo

Our affordable, cloud-based solutions free doctors' hands for the important work of patient care.

Work for Kareo?

Learning about Kareo?

Kareo Reviews

Ask Kareo a Question
Showing 68 Kareo reviews
Kareo review by Donna V.
Donna V.

"Kareo saved my business"

What do you like best?

Very easy set up to get practices on line quickly and billing. Support from the success people and the support desk is fantastic. Customer service seems to be a huge priority with them unlike other companies providing more expensive services and who charge for tech support

What do you dislike?

It's not dislike at all just improvements that I feel would be useful. I would like to see some of the reports that I can run on the Managed PM side available to the providers and staff on the web platform. Such as the itemized list of charges or patient financial status. Many lawyer's offices call for those and it would be easier if the front office could also generate them instead of them having to contact me to send them to the patient. Additionally, when manually entering charges through the billing web module, the providers have asked me if it can remember DX codes and recently used CPTs so they don't have to reenter every time even though they have sent charges over on a patient previously. Also, if there was a way to print in one shot all the encounter notes for a patient, again lawyers frequently request these and going in one by one is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speaking from a billing company perspective, Kareo is the only company who has a pricing specifically for billing companies and understands that practices will be added on all the time. They even have a specific support line for billing companies. How Kareo addresses the flow of Reimbursement Cycle Management is fantastic. Compared to other EHR/Practice management systems which seem to be over programmed just to look flashy but make our lives more difficult to correct issues or even as simple as posting one payment to multiple claims. Increased productivity is key and Kareo makes my billing responsibilities fly. Lastly, if my clients do not want to use Kareo Clinical the PM side interfaces with most EHRs out there which is a great selling point.

For single provider practices, the interface is so easy to set up, the form and template options are easy to set up. Again, ease of use is key. Staff and providers will not drive themselves crazy to try and find something on a patient it is all right there and integrated. It just makes everyone's life simpler and then you have more time to take care of patients.

I am able to offer a complete suite of services to a provider who may be struggling with recovering AR, billing correctly with the correct codes, charging enough for their fees (the comparison to MCARE in the fee list is fantastic), or even being found. We are just starting to see those providers who have set up their provider profiles getting found on internet searches quickly and messaging them for appointments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kareo
Kareo review by David G.
David G.

"Patients will recognize your good work if you ask them to"

What do you like best?

Engagement with patients by connecting with them for a review is a positive experience for both patient and physician. If the physician has truly addressed the patients needs then that will lead to positive reviews that they would not have provided without the Kareo platform leading to a rewarding call to action and social validation of the care the physician provides. I am very pleased with the rapidity of constructive reputation building. Furthermore, the utility of the Yext platform to have consistent and accurate information on the internet is extraordinary and saves a huge amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The messaging platform is clunky and you have to jump to different screens to read a message. For example, a message saying you have a new review will not allow you to click to see that review. This is minor but can be easily corrected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the reputation management and social engagement product, this is excellent. I have not tried the EHR.

Reputation building is rapidly accrued. You can be a great physician but if patients cannot differentiate you then you will not be found. I have seen a lot of traffic where people said my reviews were great.

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Kareo review by Donna M.
Donna M.

"Finally a product that has the biller in mind"

What do you like best?

Kareo is the first billing/practice management platform that has really taken a look at the workflow of all of the relevant parties in a practice; provider, front desk, AND billing. So many other systems make the claims follow up and tracking portions of their system feel like you are fighting a losing battle. I love how simple it is to send claims and how easy it is to filter out items to get to the data that you really need.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of customization in reports. One of the most common items I need is not something that Kareo can generate. Every year patients want a ledger of all of their payments for the year for taxes and this is NOT a report that Kareo has. I have to manually generate this for every patient and this just seems silly.

I don't know that I am solving business problems with Kareo but it has made my job a lot easier. The integration with other EMR systems to generate encounters has saved me so much data entry time.

Kareo review by Pauline B.
Pauline B.

"Kareo must have been developed by billers."

What do you like best?

The integration with the clearing house is fabulous. We can track claims and work rejections/denials immediately.

What do you dislike?

The statements stop sending after 4 statements instead of 4 statements per visit. If 4 statements were sent last year, and the patients return this year, will not send a statement since 4 have been sent. We have to ask the program to send 100 to cover a range of years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Billers will love this application. Ease of use -creating claims and posting payments-tracking claims are great. The ability to click on an account within a report makes follow up a breeze. Within the AR, a user can click on any payer and the program links to the accounts in that payer category. Amazing.

1. Our claims follow up is so efficient the payment velocity has greatly improved.. 2. The providers can log in and there is complete transparency. The dashboard gives them a summary of their practice. 3. I can compartmentalize staff duties by assigning user permissions. 4. The patient account ledger is so clean, it is easy to see the patient balance and the insurance balance. Love the drop downs for payments and statements.

User in Medical Practice

"Decent scheduling system "

What do you like best?

I like a lot about Kareo. It is user friendly and dont find too many glitches with it working with it on a daily basis. I do scheduling for a medical office and it does seem to fit most needs we have there. They are quick to return complaint calls and have friendly staff

What do you dislike?

We keep hoping for an easy way to see new patients identified on the schedule with out making that the primary reason they are being seen. It is hard to space out new patients on the schedule when you have to individually click every appointment surrounding an open time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it apparent when a patient is a new patient by changing the whole block color or adding an astrick by their appointment?

I have realized that this product is great for scheduling and is pretty user friendly. We have 3 providers and a nurses schedule that we book each day. It is beneficial for how small of a company we are but I think that when we begin to grow we will see problems with how the screen lay out is.

Kareo review by Hiral P.
Hiral P.

"Kareo was a great system"

What do you like best?

The electronic health record tracking system is very user friendly. I was able to take the notes the doctor gave and add the prescriptions for the patient to track so they can easily go to the vendor to get their meds. I know the front office used the billing features which seemed to be also straight forward

What do you dislike?

The support and troubleshooting was not that great. I have had many times where I have had to get with Kareo support for some system glitches and errors. It slowed down my work as a scribe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kareo is great for a small clinic that is wanting a good software for EHR, Billing, etc.

Our clinic used Kareo as their primary system for Health records, billing, and patient tracking. It was a great system for a small clinic as I have experience with Epic as well. This software made my job easier as a scribe as we no longer need to use paper and pen.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"solid software and great pricing"

What do you like best?

user friendly once you've been able to work on it a while

easy to navigate once you get used to where to locate everything

great bang for the buck - billing and pricing to send out statements, etc. is extremely reasonable and has helped our facility capture revenue quicker than previously

reports feature / numerous available - provider productivity is one of my favorite reports to run -- gives a great overall view of what is happening and how each of our on-site providers are contributing to the bottom line

we only use the PM part of the software but have found this to be very beneficial with most everything we require for use in a software purchase

What do you dislike?

updates are generally provided after login; would prefer email notifications for system/software update information

would also like ability to select multiple patients for overall updates such as 'collection' accounts

I find there are too many steps involved with updating accounts from current to external collections

initial set up of the clearinghouse/payers took some time, but luckily we were able to run though it no problem and Kareo's staff were able to help us through this with little effort on our part (thank you!!)

would like to see contract management area / updating fee schedules / and would like more options in this area for tracking purposes

Recommendations to others considering the product

always determine what the practice NEEDS are vs WANTS // make sure you get everything you need before diving in

ask about early termination fees, etc. / get confirmation of what occurs once account is terminated. No one likes to go into new ventures thinking it won't work...but perform your due diligence beforehand....

A/R was always an issue - finding it easier to calculate w/Kareo

seamless integration with our current EMR is a true benefit for our staff/billing

staff productivity can now be tracked much better and provide details as to the actual $$ amount each provider brings in as well as coding, what insurance is adjusting for visits, etc.

Kareo review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Overall Pleased"

What do you like best?

Kareo allows us to quickly post payments and approve encounters for our Physical Therapy billing. Customer service is easily accessible for questions via email, phone or online chat. Sending patient statements is quick and efficient with a couple clicks within the system. Kareo provides a vast amount of reports as well.

What do you dislike?

Unapplied payments confuse patients on our statements. Accounts reflect credits or less of a balance because it's suggested that you don't apply a patient payment until an insurance has processed a claim. Not all of our ERA's post efficiently - we are still having to manually input payments which is a hassle.

Our billing department is more efficiently billing with Kareo than with our previous software. Kareo works with WebPT which is what we use for our EMR system.

Kareo review by Ellen B.
Ellen B.

"Easy to setup a practice and use as a biller or practice"

What do you like best?

The Dashboard. You know exactly what is rejected, denied and paid. Clearinghouse reports are very helpful to make sure claims have been accepted by the payer.

What do you dislike?

Having the ability to enter a reason code when posting payments for a patient's statement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We feel Kareo is a excellent product for small practices that need a easy EMR and Practice Management system. It does not take a lot of time to setup or to train on. It works well for practices that do their own billing and for billing services.

None at this time.

As a billing service the benefits are that the practices can see exactly what is going on. They can see our work and we can see their work. This creates a trust factor between the client and the billing service.

Kareo review by Mara R.
Mara R.

"My experience with Kareo is outstanding. I've been able to customize this software to our needs."

What do you like best?

I love the A/R reports as well as the new payment processing feature. Their dashboard allows you to see at a glance your business operations from a financial prospective. From Utilization to performance this is a great tool to have and this software provides it for your business.

What do you dislike?

Excel bundle/custom reports feature is difficult and complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them they are a great software and provide amazing tools to keep you organized, efficient and productive.

BIlling, Electronic EDI and Claim submission as well as overall performance and utilization.

User in Medical Practice

"Kareo is best bang for the buck! "

What do you like best?

The speed of information and retention.

What do you dislike?

I use only the practice management, so the dislike is very limited. And it would be to still having the ICD9 data pop up when it is clearly out of the time frame for using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should be able to use Kareo for two practices at once. For example - many insurance carriers have restrictions on who can apply to the company. Dr. Jones may not be able to get on an insurance plan, but Dr. Jones as Jones Joint Practice, can get on for the practice. Something to think about.

Saves time and money with regard to billing and A/R. I have three different people on it and they are all capable of using it with the video training.

Kareo review by Janet B.
Janet B.

"Kareo is a reactive cloud based software program."

What do you like best?

I like that when a problem is brought to their attention, they do something about it. We currently only use Kareo for our Practice Management and our EMR is horrible. They've had "known problems" for as much as four years that they haven't fixed.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function isn't stellar. For instance, I should be able to run end of month reports using the posting dates and that data should not change if I went to run the report again in 30, 60 or a year later. But, because of where Kareo grabs the data from, it does change. Also in general having to use the Kareo Add-in is not user friendly. I took me four years to be able to figure that out.

Nothing in particular

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Reliable and Easy to use Cloud Based Software"

What do you like best?

There is such ease of use of Kareo. I have been told its the mist user friendly program offices have seen. Also transparency is important for my clients. They like to be able to see accounts at any time. Also. I like the feature of saved reports on demand.

What do you dislike?

The statements are better then they used to be but there is still a ways to go with them.

I have had clients come to me because the program sync to their current EMR and they like that. Its seamless. Also I have a client who wants to be able to see his accounts . With his last billing company, and their software hey could not view anything unless hey sent him a report.

Kareo review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Excellent system from a clinical standpoint, as well as a practice management standpoint!"

What do you like best?

I like that Kareo has the functionality to do everything my practice needs it to do! I only need this one system to run all operations of my clinic!

What do you dislike?

I wish the online scheduler would allow same day appointment booking. I also wish they would offer a bundle pricing deal for those of us who subscribe to every platform they offer.

I like that the system can do everything from scheduling and patient account management to clinical documentation!

"Great PM Software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and consistent updates to keep with ever changing industry. We have used Kareo for over 5 years and wouldn't dream of switching. If it's not broken, don't fix it~!

What do you dislike?

Would like to remove tabs that we do not use like the scheduler. We only use Kareo for the billing side, but It's very easy to click the appointment tab multiple times during the day and then have to close it each time. Would like a way to remove the tabs that we do not use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a must try! I have used several practice management software's in the past and Kareo by far is the best!

Aging Aging Aging! The many report options are great for this. I love how you can filter and customize to the information that we need to segregate. Otherwise, I am enjoying sending back corrected claims electronically. It does make it a lot simpler and we are saving on postage as well. A win win!

Kareo review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"I like using Kareo. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product and the ability to track the claims. The software can also check patient eligibility with relative ease of use and more feature are being updated monthly.

What do you dislike?

The app sometimes crashes but the support team is very good at helping solve the issues. I wish they could solve some of the longstanding issues that I had with the program over the years we used it in our office. Further integration with other EHR or labs would be useful like Practice Fusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend watching the online videos on how to use the software and connecting with the customer reps on what the clinic could do better to get payments, send claims, track claims, and add new patients.

I've been able to bill quicker and make sure the claims are sent. The support team is quite helpful when it comes to solving the issues that are inherent in the software. I can always get support by phone, email, or chat.

Kareo review by J. Michael J.
J. Michael J.

"Excellent small practice software"

What do you like best?

The part I am using now is free. Also, it has only gone down briefly in a year. Our previous software went down weekly.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have the freedom to create better EMR note - templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work in a practice that does not use Kareo, only myself. I did start using it in my previous practice, which I owned. In the old practice, we used the entire package and it worked very well together. In this practice, because the front office uses a different software, I only use the EMR. It would be better if we were all on the same page. I will add, that when I owned the previous practice, we did also buy into the add- ons that did patient reminder calls and practice advertising. Those two add-on products were run by other companies and were terrible so we dropped them. But the core of Kareo is very good.

Healthcare

Kareo review by Lynn R.
Lynn R.

"Best for the money"

What do you like best?

We enjoy the ease of the system. No problems with access of system and user friendliness.

What do you dislike?

We don't truly have many complaints, only simple problem we have is that problems are sometimes not conveyed as quickly as we would like. But they are prompt to address if made known

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best choice for price, easy to use. Best product for small physicians and start up physicians that do not want a lot of overhead cost

We noticed a minor time zone problem that has caused a disturbance but we have turned that feature off until Kareo has corrected that problem. This makes for simple solution which makes our lives easier.

Kareo review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="a8c99d77-7167-4175-9ae1-076e97899bba">Kevin M.</span>
Kevin M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Great medical billing software"

What do you like best?

Solid integration between the EHR and Practice Management, competitive pricing and great up-time. The Kareo system is very easy to use. It is thoroughly documented and support has been great. Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

Like most software, upgrades often introduce bugs but those are usually quickly resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kareo offers a solid platform that should definitely be considered. Having all of the available, integrated modules along with an open API, makes Kareo a complete and easily customized solution.

As a billing company, Kareo allows our billers to be more efficient and thorough. We also like the fact that Kareo offers specialized pricing for BillCos.This helps to keep our expenses down.

Kareo review by Louis S.
Louis S.

"The Best Practice management system out there"

What do you like best?

The Best Practice management system out there. customer support is great. they keep their system updated. I do use Kareo EHR system but Kaero Integrates with my current EHR.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it is the best practice Management system out there. the only thing and it is not Kareo Fault is that I wish the clearinghouse worked with the smaller insurance plans

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should use this system if you are looking for a Practice Management system

It provides a cheap and reliable practice Management System

Kareo review by Eleanor O.
Eleanor O.

"KAREO PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IS AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

THE REPORTS ARE VERY USEFUL AND BRINGS TOGETHER THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO REVIEW OUR PRACTICE

What do you dislike?

CERTAIN AREAS IN THE PT DEMOGRAPHIC FILE ARE TOO EASY TO CHANGE BY MISTAKE THAT IS THE FACILITY, THE REFERRING PHYSICIAN AND THE RELATION TO GUARANTOR BOXES

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and staff our extremely knowledgeable and always helpful if you need them.

MONTHLY OVERVIEW OF OUR ACCOUNTS

"Quick setup"

What do you like best?

I like that I can request Enrollments from within the software. I like how easy it is to see claim information and the no response section.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it takes a long time to get a call back sometimes. Sometimes enrollment tab does not work so I will open a cas online but no one ever calls. Again i submitted a request 4 days ago because it isn't working and no one has called or emailed me. Also. I wish itemized bills showed a diagnosis codes.

Not solving anything at the moment. Wish pricing was a little cheaper. Kind of on the high end in comparison to some places. Please remove my connection to Mayer SVC co. I left there 5 months ago and I already asked not to be affiliated.

Kareo review by Sharla w.
Sharla w.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use, and the various reports available.

What do you dislike?

That I am not able to filter by location on some of the reports

It has made it easier for us to collect on our Accounts Receivable

Kareo review by Sharla W.
Sharla W.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. It is also easy to train other employees with the software with no experience needed.

What do you dislike?

Restrictions on some of the reports. I am not able to filter by location on a lot of the reports.

It's so much easier to do our billing. It gives you an explanation of why it rejected and sometimes a fix of what to do right within the claim.

Kareo review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. There are also a number of different functionalities that make billing easier. When I do have questions, the support team is always quick and very thorough when answering my questions. It is the perfect system for a new billing person or a very experienced one.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot use my Mac for all functions with the billing software. It is necessary for me to use 2 computers to do complete my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great billing system.

We are a very small business that sends very few claims. We love that with Kareo we have an alternative to sending paper claims. Electronic is much more efficient.

Kareo review by Lori E.
Lori E.

"Excellent EHR"

What do you like best?

The EHR is very well integrated with a landing page for marketing, billing, and the clinical notes section. I like that they are constantly tweaking the EHR in response to suggestions from the current customer base.

What do you dislike?

The selections for psychiatric templates is somewhat limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the coaching that is provided at the onset.

I am consolidating multiple functions into one integrated system. For example, web page, scheduling, billing, and clinical notes all in one system.

"New-Biller Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that I came from absolutely no billing experience to being able to do all of the billing for myself and my employees.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a report that would easily give me the average paid-per-claim rate. I believe Kareo is working on it.

Reducing claim rejections, effectively fighting claim denials, and achieving understanding of the entire billing process (necessary for me until I hire a staff person to manage this in the future).

Kareo review by Kim W.
Kim W.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I cannot honestly say that I like anything about this product.

What do you dislike?

Product has no flow. Moving from task to task is choppy, and being required to save after every entry is incredibly inefficient. Report setup is poor and lacking detail. Difficult to explain billing process with Kareo as framework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do a trial run before investing.

None that I am aware of.

Kareo review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Over priced, tech support is lacking, and customer support is substandard."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Kareo is the ability to have cloud based software. The program is fairly simple to follow.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is lacking. Too many steps to put in an insurance, I don't like being in competition with Kareo as a billing service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get rid of your snotty accounting department.

I have not had any benefits from using Kareo at all. In fact my company used Kareo for years and there is no customer loyalty. I did not like Kareo advertising to my clients when they used the software and I actually lost several clients to Kareo with a Kareo rep calling me and asking if they could use MY database.

"Great billing software"

What do you like best?

Like that it's all there - electronic billing - statement billing - AR reports - productivity reports. Easy to track payments and what claims are owed. The support is great. Able to quickly generate my end of month financials.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports have glitches but I'm told they are working on them. Love the support when you talk to someone but the wait times are often a little long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software I've used - been a certified coder for over 15 years and used many programs. This one is great!

Tracking AR, productivity, really like how I can track claims that need resubmission.

"Superb experience"

What do you like best?

This program works quite well for our billing and integrates with Elation well. Support has been excellent as well and the staff is helpful and friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have not really found anything to dislike yet. The program has worked well for us since we implemented it and we are very happy with it.

Billing. We were having issues with outside billing companies. Since using Kareo our billing and collection has improved significantly.

Kareo review by Kelia I.
Kelia I.

"I love how easy Kareo is to use! "

What do you like best?

I have just begun working in the billing department and Kareo has made it so easy for me to be able to complete everything I need to even with very little knowledge.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I dislike about Kareo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to utilize the help menu. It is very easy to use and understand.

We are able to get claims paid so much faster!

Kareo review by Drew W.
Drew W.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple use and great support team. It was easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

The music while on hold. It's frustrating when they don't have an answer.

Billing and collections are simpler

"Excellent Billing Software"

What do you like best?

We use Kareo's billing platform. It is easy to use and navigate. The system allows for multiple windows to be open to make it easy to jump around when needing to reference other pieces of information.

What do you dislike?

They have many awesome reports... however, they can be tedious to run and often have to run multiple reports to get the information needed.

Its an easy billing software to navigate.

Kareo review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"The best EMR we have had so far . all the other had major problems"

What do you like best?

Cloud based. fairly versatile . Kareo integrates many functions for our practice.

What do you dislike?

Once onboarding is done it very hard to get help, the customer service/ support needs help and reinvigoration especially after first 90 days. Making templates is difficult and time consuming . it is hard to organize all the text shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Kareo is a great value .

the integration of marketing has helped.

Kareo review by Barbara K.
Barbara K.

"Always available to help"

What do you like best?

I like that all the information you need to see is available, and that help is just a call away. If that person can't help, they find someone who will. Customer service people are patient and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to make changes between my electronic documentation system and Kareo when there are discrepancies.

Kareo has potential for scheduling and following up with clients.

User in Medical Practice

"Kareo has been very helpful in starting a new PT practice"

What do you like best?

Kareo has been easy to learn to use; the support team very helpful (especially for a PT trying to learn medical billing), and the integrated EHR and billing is great.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a dislike, but I haven't figured out how to carry-over PT goals from one Interim Note to another, or the goals from the initial eval to the Interim note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very useful medical EHR and billing software product for a physical therapy practice.

Kareo has enabled me to do my own medical billing, thus saving me money because I haven't had to hire a medical biller.

Kareo review by Jenee K.
Jenee K.

"Kareo is a great and easy billing system"

What do you like best?

Kareo is easy to set up and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There are not reports or ways to customize reports to show things that we are looking for easily, such as payor mix.

From the system we used before Kareo has saved alot of time with easy to find features, such at no response, rejections and denials etc.

Kareo review by Lyne L.
Lyne L.

"Best Billing Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to teach to new staff. Easy access to all of the reports I need.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't delete accounts that have been duplicated by the interface with Practice Fusion.

I solved the issue of how to keep track of what insurance companies owe us, which subsequently assisted us in meeting our revenue goals.

Kareo review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Functional and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy to either print or esend your claims.

What do you dislike?

It is not really set up for a billing company. It is harder to set up a new company than I would like.

I wish their were better reports and that I could either build my own or customize my reports better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get great trainer. Have a list of questions you want resolutions to right away. Know what you are looking for in a product.

I like that I can easily get to my AR reports and send invoices.

Kareo review by Annette K.
Annette K.

"poor customer support- is reason for the low score"

What do you like best?

claim scrubbing to allow for clean claims

What do you dislike?

lack of customer support - support cases will be closed with out resolving issues and without calling you on your case

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options - still waiting on support to call me back from issues we reported in November 2016. It is now March 2017.

clean claims - less rejected or denied claims

Kareo review by Renee G.
Renee G.

"Assistant Director"

What do you like best?

Very easy system for data entry and great scheduling and differentiating between insurance carriers.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything i dislike at this time.

I haven't had any business problems.

Benefits- More prompt data entry, less paperwork; Quick and easy scheduling; profile shows all important information about the patient at first glance.

Kareo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Terrible customer service and poor functionality, but it’s cheap "

What do you like best?

Inexpensive for an Electonic medical record when compared to the competition

What do you dislike?

Terrible customer service, poor customization, no e-labs, cannot turnoff inappropriate drug interactions. Cannot eprescibe controlled medications despite paying for the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away!

Few, low cost is the only benefit

Kareo review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Kareo means Creativity "

What do you like best?

Very easy setup to get online practices, very successful people, and very successful customer service.

What do you dislike?

There is no dislike, but you can do some improvements.

Ability to offer a lot of services such as recovering AR, billing correctly with the correct codes.

Kareo review by Marina H.
Marina H.

" Kareo has been the best option for small business like mine "

What do you like best?

I like the practice management system and the pricing

What do you dislike?

I don't like after-the-fact I approve the claim I have to go in and push send

They are the perfect practice management system for a small medical billing system and even clinics because they have scheduling awesome

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very easy to use and learn "

What do you like best?

Super easy and fast to learn. When I have had to call, they are quick to respond and can walk you tru your problem so easy

What do you dislike?

My biggest problem is I have to go thru each of the patients payments and post instead of it doing it automatically.

Before we got Kareo for our office, we had a third party biller so this has made the biller easier for us and have learned more about the insurances than we knew before.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

easy to learn, easy to navigate. very intuitive. customer service is quick to help.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is limited in what you can acquire in one single report. Often times I must run several reports to get a total picture of what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, easy to learn

Claims tracking is much easier with kareo. Increased revenue from patients and insurance since beginning use.

Kareo review by Consultant in Medical Practice
Consultant in Medical Practice

"Practice Manager/Owner of Medical Billing and Consulting business "

What do you like best?

I like that Kareo is very user friendly and was easy to learn. Customer service is great and the set up

for my practice and other practices that I have recommended is very easy.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot submit a paper claim to Illinois Medicaid as a secondary payee.

Kareo's biggest benefit is that the program is set up to bring in the most revenue possible to the practice and

has a very efficient follow up system to track unpaid claims.

Kareo review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"No more guesswork"

What do you like best?

Like that you can enter an encouter and upload files to patient filEs.

What do you dislike?

There is Not much I diike about this program.

Keeping better track of encounters and not losing stuff like paper files.

Kareo review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Kareo Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to learn and use. Kareo technical assistance is readily available to assist with any questions or technical problems that one might encounter. The cost of the software is competitive with alternative options. It makes billing and claims processing a much quicker and simpler task.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was better integrated with more EHR/EMR vendors.

We use Kareo for electronic claims submission and insurance payment processing. It makes the workflow much easier for small practices.

Kareo review by User

"Great UI and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how well-designed this is. Especially compared to its bigger competitors.

What do you dislike?

It's available on the web so if your internet goes out, this could be a con.

Electronic medical record system.

Kareo review by Sharla W.
Sharla W.

"So Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The check code codes button in the encounter review. It let's you know if you need a modifier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the limitations on the reports.

It allows us to review and correct our encounters and claims timely with ease.

Kareo review by User in Financial Services

"It has been awesome."

What do you like best?

Kareo is very user friendly. There are no hidden steps. Everything is right there at a click of a mouse.

What do you dislike?

Posting Insurance Refunds and take backs, there are to many steps and it gets confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try whether you are a providers office or a billing company. They will tailor the services to your needs. They are also very price competitive.

Kareo offer's tips on how to utilize their products to increase your productivity.

Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"PT for 25 years... owner of private practice "

What do you like best?

Geared specifically for PT, easy to use, easy to learn

What do you dislike?

Could be stronger for women's health and pediatric bowel/bladder patients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a billing software that directly connects to your documentation smoothly

Billing is cleaner, accurate

Kareo review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Kareo Billing"

What do you like best?

Customer-service is prompt, efficient, and always available.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was Mac-compatible, as I have an all-Mac office.

Very effective, and easy-to-learn billing software. I've realized much faster reimbursements from payers.

"So little issues..."

What do you like best?

Kareo software, combined with my billing company keeps my "hard money" at a minimum.

What do you dislike?

A lower cost for part-time and on-call (other than full time) users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

Lower A/R

"Excellent experience"

What do you like best?

Kareo has more features which help me keep my billing up to date.

What do you dislike?

I do not think I don't like anything about Kareo but somethings are difficult to work with. I guess I need to get used to the system better.

I am able to pull the reports for individual insurance companies so that I can keep a track

"Great PM! "

What do you like best?

Billing & reporting functions are amazing

What do you dislike?

You can only view 6 providers at once on the schedule. I also wish you could see the status of the patient on the schedule (checked-in, confirmed, etc)

The reporting is great - the Kareo Excel add-on feature lets you pull whatever detail you are looking for in terms of analyzing your practice

Kareo review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Simple EHR System"

What do you like best?

With Kareo, all of the features we need are in one convenient place.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, documents that are scanned and submitted are completely removed from the patient's chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When transitioning to Kareo, take your time implementing everything and ensuring that staff understands software completely.

Allows for better management of business revenue.

Kareo review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Medical Billing is easiest with it "

What do you like best?

It helps me a lot in my medical

Billing business like i have never seen in any software before

What do you dislike?

Nothing that i should say i do not like or needs to be changed

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software to

Billing company people to use this, because everything is just so good in it

Medical Billing

User in Medical Practice

"Review for Kareo when implemented with NextGen/Integrity"

What do you like best?

It was easy to see incoming patients and what the appointment slots looked like for the day.

What do you dislike?

It resembled a Jurassic era in regards to software design.

Kareo couldn't handle the volume of patients we had and CEO finally made the switch to another software.

Administrator in Medical Practice

"Best in Class medical billing PM software for a billing company"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy, intuitive. Good basic reporting for end of month financial roll-ups for your client

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a build-able app to migrate data for analytics, dashboards and metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly functional for a biller who needs a practice management module to bill from.

not applicable

"Kareo"

What do you like best?

Multiple points of access, via mobile and web

What do you dislike?

Difficulty with changing accounts and the poor customer service aspect

Billing services are easier to handle. Everybody with access can open kareo and view accounts

Administrator in Medical Practice

"Positive experience with Kareo"

What do you like best?

Professional and knowledgeable staff

EHR high quality with easy flow and access

What do you dislike?

Not being able to add notes to MRI/Lab scripts

electronic billing

on-line profile

have increased patient flow with appointment reminders

"Kareo"

What do you like best?

Great performance and easy to write clinical notes.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to learn. I have been using it for almost a year and still am having trouble.

Writing clinical notes.

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

The insurance billing was made easy with the help from a specialist.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to learn the calendar and the note system.

Billing was made seamless.

"WELL WORTH THE PRICE"

What do you like best?

EASY, USER-FREINDLY BILLING SOFTWARE COMPATIBLE WITH PRACTICE FUSION

What do you dislike?

PRICE INCREASE FROM $99 TO $249 PER MONTH OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS.

FAST TURN AROUND FOR BILLING

Kareo review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Medical Billing Company "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the multitude of reports

What do you dislike?

Enrollment process/department is very weak and needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely on them for credentialing

Great Reports

Learn more about Kareo

Kareo Videos

Learning about Kareo?

* We monitor all Kareo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.