Kaseya VSA

Kaseya VSA

Kaseya allows organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower businesses to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions.

Work for Kaseya VSA?

Learning about Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya VSA Reviews

Ask Kaseya VSA a Question
Kaseya VSA review by <span>Racey C.</span>
Racey C.

"Have used Kaseya 7+ years. I can do more in Kaseya than if I'm physically seated at the endpoint"

What do you like best?

I have logged, literally, thousands of hours in Kaseya. As stated above, I can do more in the VSA than if I'm in front of the PC. Hugely powerful. People ask me "So what kind of things have you done with Kaseya besides just remote into a desktop"? Then I give them a simple example, such as how I wrote a small agent procedure that allowed me to uninstall Office 2010, install Office 2013, and activate the product with a license key on more than 350 endpoints with (literally) three mouse clicks. And I did it with a 100% silent uninstall/install while the user was logged in and working. They had no idea anything was even happening with their workstation. Kaseya makes what could otherwise be a huge project super easy stuff. Kaseya is probably the most important force multiplier in my environment.

What do you dislike?

Identifying a con is tough. The only drawback I would point out is that for brand new users there can be quite a bit of learning curve when you delve into the really powerful features. For example, writing complex agent procedures takes experience. That being said, the initial basic use of the most common features is easy to pick up right away, so even the learning curve isn't a big deal. When you're ready to "do more" and invest the additional time to learn the more advanced features, they're there waiting for you. For basic help desk folks, they may never need to go beyond the surface features.

Our workforces is increasingly mobile and regularly have a huge number of endpoints not sitting directly on the LAN. The ability to continue managing them fairly effectively is excellent.

Showing 58 Kaseya VSA reviews
Kaseya VSA review by <span>James B.</span>
James B.

"It's good but certainly not perfect"

What do you like best?

Quick at-a-glance specs and sorting of such of managed computers is really awesome. Getting the information you need about a computer as far as programs installed, hardware specs, network information is all very quick to find and isolate if needed. Integrated AV is pretty good (we use Kaspersky for now). I really like the Agent Procedures "language" and sample procedures.

What do you dislike?

Live Connect is not very stable. Needs an update constantly and does not work until it is updated, even sometimes not after that. I've had to uninstall and reinstall LiveConnect many times. Patch management is not very intuitive. We've never been able to use the Chat function part of the Remote Control module. Keyboard shortcuts and macros don't pass through the LiveConnect remote control and restarting the computer through LiveConnect is awful. We don't use the ticketing system so I can't speak to the quality of that module. Sometimes scripts will just not run with no explanation. Reaching out to support is OK, but we seem to pretty much always get the answer that "That's a great idea, we'll look at implementing that in the future."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't depend on it for Remote Control. Use Screenconnect instead.

Patch rollouts for Windows systems, scripts to keep computers optimized and clean, gathering information as mentioned above.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kaseya VSA
Kaseya VSA review by <span>Andrew D.</span>
Andrew D.

"Is Kaseya loosing their competitive edge?"

What do you like best?

The connection speed to our customer endpoints is seconds. They deliver as advertised in this area.

Their patching tools have automated many items that we used to do manually.

Notifications can be managed at a very granular level which allows us to control how many tickets are created.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration with ConnectWise

Seems like they are not innovating at the same level as other tools.

While the patching tools were a strength, they are also a weakness. Often patching scripts break because of updates etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use ConnectWise,

We use this tool to manage all of our customers workstations and servers. The quick connections allow us to save time when remoting in, however, because of the lack of integration with our ticketing system, we cannot realize the full potential of connection speeds until we can work in 1 ticket screen.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Kaseya VSA review by Administrator

"A fantastic tool for automating IT repetitive task and process"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of executing tasks once they are automated and configure all since the same dashboard. Also, I like the history that you keep of the process after each task had been executed.

From the audit perspective, the way that you check the log of the last tasks executed and changes applied to a server.

What do you dislike?

The lack of same capabilities that Windows have for Linux and MacOS Systems.

I would like to have more options in the dashboard so I could use it in a different way as a monitoring dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good election to simplify repetitive tasks in our IT environments like monthly patching for example

Patching the users and servers in our organizations, it simplifies completely the process and reporting of the patching process in general.

Managing the user's remote support.

Remote standard application installing

Kaseya VSA review by <span>Joseph C.</span>
Joseph C.

"Great software, overzealous marketing, so-so support. "

What do you like best?

The remote access software is second to none in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

The account representatives seem only interested in selling you more products, licenses, and tickets to events. The support staff that I have interacted with only seems to have basic knowledge. It can take some time to escalate your ticket to someone that actually knows what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to be constantly hassled by their account representatives, trying to sell you additional products/licenses. Also, the support staff can be difficult to work with, but with patience they always eventually find a solution. The biggest mitigating factor here is that there stuff is pretty good and once you are setup and running, you probably won't have to work with them very often.

We have software solutions on hundreds on client servers. Kaseya allows us to quickly and efficiently administrate these systems.

Kaseya VSA review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"My job would be a nightmare without Kaseya"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all of our client's systems from one location, I'm able to run anything I would from the local computer as if I was right in front of it, and a lot of things without interrupting the end user.

It's also really cool that we were able to customize the branding for our company.

What do you dislike?

If you inadvertently schedule a task earlier than the current time that task will run immediately, it would be nice if it prevented you from scheduling tasks earlier than current time.

All sorts of problems, we manage workstations and servers, as well as associated backup jobs, offline alerts, updates, etc. It is a HUGE resource, and allows us to provide an excellent level of support to our customers while increasing productivity

Kaseya VSA review by User in Higher Education

"Overwhelming"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use filters to organize tickets as they come in.

What do you dislike?

They're using color coordinating for the wrong reasons. It's just a bunch of words. Nothing stands out. It's barely user-friendly. Glitchy as fuh. And two people can't access the same ticket at the same time without Kaseya having a meltdown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for a service that's right for YOUR business needs. Don't go for this one size fits all thing. There are services out there that will customize their product to your needs. Take AMS for example. They are a business management software and they were willing to implement a ticket buying feature that worked JUST for us when I worked for a theater in South Florida.

We use kaseya as a queuing system for support related tickets regarding media and network services. In most cases, the system is only useful to us as a catalog of tickets we have completed. It's only a failed system for us because we haven't yet figured out how to get people to submit tickets BEFORE we go and help them. Without our student assistant, several of our daily tickets are lost simply because we don't have the time to enter them in to the system and then close them.

Learn more about Kaseya VSA

Kaseya VSA Videos

Learning about Kaseya VSA?

* We monitor all Kaseya VSA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.