Kayako

Kayako

Kayako is effortless email, live chat, and knowledge base software that helps teams be more productive and build customer loyalty.

Work for Kayako?

Learning about Kayako?

Kayako Reviews

Ask Kayako a Question
Showing 146 Kayako reviews
Kayako review by <span>Rolf M.</span>
Rolf M.

"Wonderful and easy."

What do you like best?

I like that I can stay in the loop and know when somebody else in my working team has updated a conversation. Very simple I can bring all our client's cooperation and activities together in one place and, give our working team the opportunity to deliver individual, contextual assistance.

What do you dislike?

I'm working with this software and till now I don't see any problems with this product. My work is going fast and never had any delays and harm in the working process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that by using this platform you can save your time. Also, you can easily speed up and supply more proactive client service by connecting with this software to hundreds of apps and tools to make the better of each interaction. Nice product and very useful.

We can better control all our client dialog with a shared team inbox. Also, we as a most likely classify email conversations for fast processing, link, and analytics.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kayako
Kayako review by <span>Christian M.</span>
Christian M.

"Fast and Comprehensive Tool"

What do you like best?

The ticket system allows for focus on task and customer communication. In addition to all the general needed options like canned responses, contact and company details it also sponsors a great Knowledgebase, Live Chat and SLA platform. The best part howvere is the Reporting engine that allows to maintain records and provides insights in all aspects of the conversations (tickets). The top portion is the customer satisfaction system, which allows for easy feedback gathering on quantitative and qualitative measures.

What do you dislike?

Rule processing is great, but lacks a few items I wish I could use to the better. For example a SQL like interface to connect criterias from various tables would benefit the rul engine. In some cases the filter is limited in such a sense that "not equal" terms need to be used to create meangful filter structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classic version is great!

Technical Support conversations with customers and partners, Knowledge article creation and display on external website, reporting analysis and live chat. Gathering customer satisfaction feedback in numbers and qualitative.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Kayako review by <span>Amani I.</span>
Amani I.

"Kayako - Helpdesk that can evolve"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am able to organize and keep track of the tickets I need to attend using many subfolders under my main folder.

What do you dislike?

We cannot keep track of the tickets that we have moved around, or assigned to other departments unless we note down the ticket IDs manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Kayako for emails, yes it is a great tool to keep track on communication but has its drawbacks when you compare to it to features and flexibility on emails.

We use Kayako for all internal and client communication in our company. Generating tickets for all communication has helped me keep track of what happens to certain tasks I assign. However, there is a constraint here. Once the ticket is moved to a different department, unless or otherwise I had noted down the ticket ID or check back using a report, I wouldn't know the tickets that were generated by me. This is an additional work.

Kayako emails don't allow us to draw tables, insert images or any graphic within the email which is also a drawback. We cannot change the font or format of the text. Unless we ourselves quote the previous emails, Kayako emails don't naturally show the thread to the recipient which also is a hassle for the recipients to trace back the communication.

The reports feature is something that is very helpful on Kayako. Being able to create as many custom reports you want and also being able to schedule them makes work easier. It would be best if Kayako can integrate a filter option on these reports so we can choose what we want to see.

Being able to add users, organizations and then assigning specific comments to them also eases the transfer and continuous reminding of specific notes from our clients.

Kayako review by <span>Florene E.</span>
Florene E.

"So comfortable program"

What do you like best?

Kayako is a modern and comfortable program for communicating with the client in real time wherever we are. Thanks to this program, our company quickly, and without unnecessary effort, informs our clients with useful information for effective cooperation. The Kayako program is simple in use and with clear settings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to contact with the support of this program, but we do this not often because Kayako works clearly and without problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is much easier and faster than the live chat. If you are a modern company and want to be more productive and increase customer loyalty, this program is for you.

Kayako presents a wonderful opportunity to abstain from our customers. Notification them of important information wherever they are. Communication within the company has become much more productive.

Kayako review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Improved how our non-profit helps the public beyond expectations"

What do you like best?

- Being in Canada, we love that they have a download version that's still supported so we can keep personal information in Canada (a must for us)

- Before Kayako we just used email and it was messy and there were long delays and little accountability. We love that you can assign, track, have different queues, and the SLA timers keep our 'agents' responsive. And the Knowledge Base is so helpful too along with the auto-satisfaction-survey function

- We liked that we got to use the software for free (no support, up to 5 agents) as a charity.

What do you dislike?

- To customize the reports needs a bit more of a programming head sometimes than I'd like

- Some of the Admin features are not intuitive (and there are a lot of menus)... I have to really hunt to find something to turn it on or off

- And there are a few buggy things but on balance they're not huge

- We help answer information requests or requests for help (but for a health problem or a larger system, not necessarily our products/services) so Kayako has increased job satisfaction and reduced stress for the primary coordinator and has improved consistency of responses and speed. Before Kayako, I'd say maybe 50% of our answers went out in the timeframe we said. Now it's well over 90%.

Kayako review by <span>Gabriel K.</span>
Gabriel K.

"Kayako as support tracking system"

What do you like best?

It's very well organized by setting my tickets and also by folder and type. Also the levels setup are displayed on the left list showing you if the tickets are being processed or stuck or in another level.

I also saw that is a good tool to keep tracking on each participant and retrieve measurements over the SLA assigned.

What do you dislike?

Some times images sent by mail are not loaded in the ticket itself, so you have to go to the mail to check that images. But I guess that is a configuration problem from our tool.

I also dont like the search tool because it retrieves a lot of non filtered information that might be confuse and messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a ticket system to track clients support request is a good tool.

Direct client support and tracking system over tickets.

Kayako review by <span>Eege K.</span>
Eege K.

"I wish everybody used Kayako"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software - webhooks, adjusting virtually any field. Where other software forces me to shape my business process around the system, with Kayako I can shape the system to fit my process. Don't need a part of the software? Don't use it! Need an extra field? Just add it! We integrated Kayako with our Slack channel and our finance system. It took a bit of figuring out, but the Kayako API is well documented and now we have the majority of our administrative work automated!

What do you dislike?

The program has some bugs and quirks. These do not hinder the day to day use of the software, but do require contacting support to get worked out. Support always gets them fixed, there is no doubt about their knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop thinking in customer ticket system and start thinking in customer experience - use in Kayako!

Consolidated system for our agents, collaborators, customer portal and most importantly an awesome chat module that allows us to respond even quicker. Customer satisfaction went up by 12% since switching to Kayako. My experts in the field do not have to open their laptop to work with a ticket, instead they use the smartphone app to provide quick updates. When they are in a real hurry then can even use the macro's we defined together to provide status updates in seconds. No more emailing between the team to get info across. Administrative work of my employees went from 3 hours/month to just 0.5.

Kayako review by <span>Vanda W.</span>
Vanda W.

"Great solution at work"

What do you like best?

Very good that now i have everything in right place. My work team is more organized and their works higher now. Great connection online so to have live chat is much better and with no problem.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad and big issue. I like that software.good organized work. I see that it really works very good for my work. Good support service and very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm working with this software. And I found that it's very easy to use. Simple set up. We are all happy to work every day with Kayako. I recommend it to you.

That program helps us to be more organized. We can control our staff. Also, we are trying to make our important things on the top level and be sure that they are will be in right place.

Kayako review by <span>Joey S.</span>
Joey S.

"Kayako Classic"

What do you like best?

Kayak Classic customer since 2010. Pricing is great, functionality, customization, ease of access, customer loyalty, customer service, etc are all top notch. 100% uptime, virtually zero downtime, and hosting our own HelpDesk online on our own server are mission critical features for our business. We are really looking forward to upgrading to the newest build and using some features that we have not yet had access to

What do you dislike?

Very little, if anything at all. Nothing comes to mind other than when Kayako Classic became EOL and was moving to SaaS. Within a short amount of time the user community spoke out and that decision was reversed. Kayako came up with a cost-effective annual plan that allowed us to continue using Classic on our own servers and for Kayako to continue supporting Classic. This is a prime example of a large company listening to and responding positively to customer input and requests. I guess even though this section if for what I dislike I flipped it, we love Kayako even more with the continued commitment to customer needs and requests

Our technicians are in the field daily, so having online HelpDesk access at 100's of workstations/servers all over So Cal improves our overall efficiency daily. Extending to our customers the option of creating their own support tickets via a web browser or email further lends to our customer service, credibility, profitability and productivity. We are looking forward to testing and implementing new features that we know will enhance our customers ease of access, positive user experience and continue to exhibit to our customers our continued commitment to newer and emerging technologies that makes our voiceless communication even more efficient and seamless

Kayako review by <span>Gert W.</span>
Gert W.

"An outstandingly helpful tool to administer our clients' request"

What do you like best?

The fact that users can open support tickets by email and still review their tickets online in their account has contributed a lot to a very good acceptance of the helpdesk.

What do you dislike?

I'd find it helpful if it were possible to include screenshots directly into the text (as HTML). It's a bit cumbersome that we have to send them as attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are stuck at any point, don't hesitate to contact their support (both email and chat), they are very responsive, and very helpful.

Kayako allows us to track a large variety of different requests, and work on them as a team by simply changing the ticket "owner". It's very helpful that customers can be grouped according to the organization to which they belong, and each user may (or may not) see tickerrs from all other users from that organization. The big benefit is that it's easy to keep relevant people in the loop, without the need of sending emails to each and everyone.

Kayako review by <span>Cory B.</span>
Cory B.

"Kayako Help Desk Review"

What do you like best?

The price point has been great for our company as a non-profit. The set up was smooth and easy and adding additional users to the system is easy. Also, our customers have been able to easily get logged in and create tickets which is a great plus. The live chat is a great feature so you do not necessarily have to get on a call with the customer to troubleshoot. Also, there is a screen sharing feature that we used in the beginning to be able to see the user's computer in real time.

What do you dislike?

The customer service has left something to be desired when dealing with their representatives. Trying to get someone on the phone was incredibly difficult. When it came time to renew our subscription, I tried online and was told to call the 800 number. Then I called the number and was told that I need to complete this request online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price point is terrific but the customer service has not always been the best. When there have been issues there was always a delay in getting things resolved. As long as there are no problems, this is a great product for the price.

Prior to Kayako we had no help desk capability in place. Now we are able to process password resets and accounts being locked completely online. As we are in healthcare technology, I know that is important for our customers because they do not always have time to make phone calls.

Kayako review by <span>Dorice F.</span>
Dorice F.

"Kayako it's great to have it"

What do you like best?

What is I like more that everything in one place, a happy team, that programm can support me and customers wherever they are or I am. A human live chat experience, even when im not online it's the best what can be.

What do you dislike?

I don't have nothing to say as i don't see any big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As for me, easy to install and maintain. Also it's easy to use. And in the end customers love it simply Software you can get, I recommend it to who ask me for one.

Kayako helps us to organise our staff, and start putting our resources where they were needed. The management is fantastic and build nested levels of support to ensure we know .

Kayako review by <span>Elise C.</span>
Elise C.

"I probably don't use most features of Kayako. It works for certain things but it's very quirky."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Kayako is the ease of keeping track of tickets with customers. The Macros feature (allows you to save certain responses) is also really nice and convenient when replying to customers because typically, they will ask the same questions very often.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the web app does weird stuff all the time. Frequently, when trying to view tickets, I have to log in multiple times and it will tell me wrong username/password until I manually change the URL to shorten it and then navigate back to the web page that holds the tickets. Also, our customers tell us often that they did not receive our emails This could very well be the customer just not seeing the email, but I have to wonder when our customers tell us this nearly every day.

Another thing that is odd: every now and then instead of showing my name as logged in at the top right corner, it will show my co-worker's names! If I refresh, it might say another co-worker's name. I have no idea how this is happening or why.

Customers email my company for support and Kayako makes it easy to sort tickets by Open, In Progress, Pending Response, or Closed. It's easy to see at a glance if there are any tickets open.

Kayako review by <span>David T.</span>
David T.

"Great for customer service desk"

What do you like best?

Macros help to speed up response times, and SLA helps to keep replies and resolutions on track. The software is easy to learn and use. The interface is friendly.

What do you dislike?

Mostly the service is very reliable, sometimes there is a bit of a delay before responses come through on the iOS app.

Not all of the administration sections in the dashboard are self explanatory, however Kayako has useful help documentation, and if you contact their support they are quick to help you work out what you need.

Kayako helps to keep track of incoming support requests, and helps to manage communications far better than by email. It speeds up some customer notification emails and includes workflows that automatically tag and assign.

Kayako review by <span>Deb M.</span>
Deb M.

"Kayako ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

Love the way that Kayako presents information and allows us to assign and manage our customer requests. All department use Kayako and we manage requests and activities across multiple departments.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little difficult but we are migrating to their cloud platform and are looking forward to more robust reporting and analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The folks at Kayako are extremely easy to work with. We find that if we come up with something that isn't working quite right, they are very interested in getting it added to the software.

We are getting our issue solved by being able to use a flexible ticketing platform in order to move issues and request throughout out organization regardless of area of responsibility.

Kayako review by <span>Renae J.</span>
Renae J.

"Informative Scheduling System"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create tickets to complete which keeps you accountable of things needing to be done. You can also rank the status of the responses on the tickets from good to bad.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that some of the features arent too user friendly, so it takes a few times navigating through before you get the gist of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product for those needing some time of virtual scheduler to keep you accountable of tasks to be worked and to do items needing to be completed.

Kayako is valuable in keeping my business streamlined so that i can get tasks completed without forgetting to do them

Kayako review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"best economic support software"

What do you like best?

the live chat feature is very feasible, they also provides mobile app to support the live chat, so we can login from anywhere even on the road. In the case that no one is on duty, customer can leave a message and that message also becomes an email that sent to support@jinfonet.com to create a new ticket there.

What do you dislike?

The most I do dislike is the lacking of format choices for the ticket response in their UI. Everything is plain text, so most of us chose to respond the ticket outside of the application, and put Kayako's email in Cc list so it can create a record for that ticket.

We are software company, so we use Kayako as our customer support application. We use Kayako to track down for the product issues reported by the customer. The biggest benefit we have is we are able to manage customer much more easily, and with its auto-dispatcher, it saved us a lot of time of manually dispatching tickets

Kayako review by User in Financial Services

"Useful, but still lacks a lot of key automation"

What do you like best?

I like how you can edit the notes that you put on tickets. It's easy to see what tickets are in your name and it's very simple to reply to a ticket.

What do you dislike?

The search function on tickets isn't very advanced. If you don't know almost exactly what you are looking for, it is hard to filter for things. I don't really like the UI or look of the dashboard, slightly hard to navigate and get visibility into key metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a ticketing system in the beginning stages of a company with budget constraints and only want to offer basic support, this is a very simple way to go. If you are looking for more visibility and expect to have many employees use the system, I would opted for a better ticketing system.

Being able to answer tickets for our customers. It's a very basic and simple ticketing tool that we used to get us started with a help desk.

Kayako review by <span>Steve K.</span>
Steve K.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Ticket Management and Knowledgebase Hub.

What do you dislike?

The reporting system in the ticketing system is not standard SQL so sometimes we have to request help from Kayako in getting a report written. But we always get a response - so not much of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a straightforward tool with options to customize, especially the ticketing system. You also get visual results of your current tickets.

A centralized ticketing system is a big help in managing our clients requests. It helps us give better customer service to our clients. Nothing gets lost or forgotten. Tickets remain open until they are solved. We can also track the number of hours we spend per client. That's a very valuable feature for billing purposes.

Kayako review by Administrator

"Perfect first help desk for us"

What do you like best?

Went from a shared Gmail inbox to Kayako’s Inbox plan and started seeing value right off the bat. Who knew adding some organization to support emails could really make your life a whole lot easier? ;) This is our first help desk and overall I found it to be really easy to set up by myself and we hit the ground running pretty quickly. The fact that Kayako connects all of our other channels like facebook is pretty incredible.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have collaborators on our plan… The Team plan is too much for us but we have some contributors who would be really valuable keeping “in the know” about our customer service queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Introduce collaborators to the Inbox plan!!

Ultimately we realized we were wasting time and energy sorting through cases and it was becoming more work than it was worth just to keep things straight. Since moving to Kayako we have a lot less incidents of duplicate work with our agents, and we’re finding the notes feature to be extremely beneficial.

Kayako review by <span>Gene L.</span>
Gene L.

"Insight to using Kayako"

What do you like best?

The knowledge base feature which allows us to quickly publish out useful information and provide the links to our clients. This reduces support time spent by our technical support team for issues with repetitive instructions which in turn boost productivity.

What do you dislike?

The report feature where sometimes we need to customize our reports but due to the syntax used we would need to check with Kayako as it is not found in the default settings.

We use Kayako for the majority of our business needs such as sales, support, feedback and more. With the benefit of a centralized system where all company users are able to login at anytime anywhere provides an un-match advantage in business continuity.

Kayako review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Modern way to talk to our customers"

What do you like best?

Using Kayako for 8 months now and so far it's surpassed our expectations for what help desks can do for our team. The UI is clean and easy to understand, but the engine under the hood is pretty powerful in terms of customization. We automate a lot of what used to be manual email followups for our customers. We didn't want a clunky ticket tracker - we wanted something that will help us collaborate on customer conversations.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to import data from other systems. When we switched from an email system but we couldn't import our data (but we are assured there will be a point where we will be able to). It would be nice if there were more out of the box integrations which we understand are coming but aren't here yet. But using Zapier has been OK for what we want so far. Would like to get more out of our help center soon - right now we're working on documentation but it looks easy enough to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have two kinds of products - an older Kayako and the current one. Don't get confused between the two when searching online for docs!

We wanted to offer email, live chat and Twitter as ways to interact with our customers and do it all in one place, rather than separate apps. We were also looking for something more modern, as our online experience for our customers is very important to us.. so we didn't want any forms or a clunky live chat. We can now track everything better in one place and everyone just has one page to log in to. We also have felt a decrease in confusion around who's covering what and where we stand as a team when handling our customer convos. Overall just feels like we should've chosen a tool like this a long time ago - not sure how we survived without it at this point.

Kayako review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Longtime and very satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

Kayako is not just a great product that works perfectly, it's also supported by a great group of people that are always ready to help. They make support software and they practice one of the best supports I've encountered.

In the end it's a tool that just works, and you find yourself not even thinking about it anymore. You just use it. Every day. And you can't live without it anymore. For HostYou it's our primary communication tool with customers, and inside it we can even easily communicate with each others. Because we assign good tags to all our tickets we can look for information very easily and very fast, and thanks to the API we can even show the corresponding tickets in our own administration console that we have written ourselves in PHP.

What do you dislike?

I'm hoping to see more Social Media integration in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, like I did, and you'll find yourself being a happy customer years and years later, wondering how you ever worked without Kayako.

Kayako takes care of all our e-mail support tickets, and gives the people in the company an easy way to communicate with each other as well.

Kayako review by <span>Rodrigo C.</span>
Rodrigo C.

"Easy Support system"

What do you like best?

Keep track of conversations in one windows. One our main support page (web hosted system) customer can chat, search the knowledge base or just open a support ticket. Agents get a notifications almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

They way to add a new license require a lot of steps, not allow directly on system. You have to contact kayako support and go under a really slow process. We had enterprise edition and during the change to this new system we lost a lot of features.

Contact with customers. Customer can see knowledge base, chat or open a support ticket in one windows.

Kayako review by <span>Baptiste R.</span>
Baptiste R.

"A very nice experience with Kayako"

What do you like best?

The constant updates (once a week)

The tips they give us (cools tips to handle your customer service)

Their support is always available

Very to collaborate with colleagues

Useful stats

What do you dislike?

A lack of stability (very rare)

It's not really fluid

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of updates

A lot of content on their website to help you to have a better support

It's very easy to work will your colleagues, you can share a case to any of your colleague easily,

When the customers are happy, they are willing to pay and to buy again in our company

Kayako review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

"Kayako Help "

What do you like best?

Kayako is a good value for our company, being as we are not a huge company. Kayako was easy to implement among the department and our staff was able to quickly learn the program and integrate into their work.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is definitely not the best in the business. I have had a hard time getting in contact with someone at Kayako in order to fix issues and get help when I needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Kayako to others that need to implement a Help Desk system into their business. Kayako is a good way to have access to help customer accounts.

Before we made the switch to Kayako we were not able to process customer account fixes as easily.. Now we are able to process password resets and account issues completely online, and our customers very much appreciate not having to make the phone call.

Kayako review by <span>Patricia G.</span>
Patricia G.

"Kayako has given our Help Desk a great resource for managing and tracking the support we provide. "

What do you like best?

The knowledgebase has proven to be a valuable resource to our staff for support reference, as well as a great tool for our end users to be self-supporting with solving their own issues. Having the ability to assign tickets to specific people on our Help Desk team has been key in keeping us on task with providing great support, as well as project management. And being able to see a ticket history of each end user, or run reports on key support trends helps us to find patterns in our user's support needs, and in turn be able to provide training in specific areas where the users are lacking knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The search feature needs improvement. We find that sometimes the items in the knowledgebase aren't indexed very well to be able to search for specific key words. And the reporting feature needs work. The KQL language is hard to understand. If it was more like SQL it would be better understood how to create custom reports.

We use Kayako to solve computer and software issues for our end users. The benefits obtained by using Kayako allow us to track and monitor support trends and identify weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or issues in the computing services that we provide for our end users.

Kayako review by <span>iñaki l.</span>
iñaki l.

"Summary of the support center"

What do you like best?

I like the Knowledgebase. I think is a very good tool for the customer.

It's a sheer joy to be able to create fresh content and assist my customers and agents from anywhere, anytime.

What do you dislike?

Automatic AD sync would be useful as at the moment using csv import

Would like better reporting features and the ability to assign tickets to multiple users at a time, not individually

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Problems with e-mail: Kayako solved it after 3 days

Problems with Knowledgebase and groups: Kayako don't give us a solution

Kayako review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Limited tool, thats easy to use but, difficult to get what you want out of it"

What do you like best?

The UI is bright and pretty. Aside from that theres a lot to displike. I did like how easy the login was, didnt need a secure password and the tool in general didnt go down very much so pretty stable platform .

What do you dislike?

The search functions poor, you cant use search for case numbers. You would need to do an advanced search and then enter it in a specific box. If you added a space it would not work.

The search box in general had issues with no clearing itself. If you entered a random character by mistake. Tried to delete it then click on a different menu on that scree, Say a group of tickets on the left nav bar. The list automatically filtered by the letter you deleted a moment ago.

Theres NO HTML, Viewing attachments is a nightmare. They all must be downloaded and it breaks up certain attachments if you had a screen capture with a circle around something. It gives you a screen capture and then a image of a circle. Very useless. ALso any stupid little icon someone has on their signature gets added as an attachment.

its difficult to not share information to the customer when replying internally on the ticket. We had lots of issues AM would reply to me and the customer saw the response. Everyone hated using the dedicated support web form so people just sent in tickets via email. Which is more work for the support staff. Just to name a few things. Reporting lacks usability and must be hard coded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Salesforce service cloud instead. This doesn't talk to any other application and when you have multiple departments looking into support issues for renewals, enhancements, new sales opps its painful. Also the reporting is horrible. The configuration took a very long time as well. You need to pay for updates on the tool which is a large drawback as upgrading was a large undertaking.

we need a portal for our support teams to track and follow up with submitted tickets of customers. We had almost zero customer adoption over the few years we had the toon. No one wanted a seperate login for that said (no SSO) and all our reponses where sent via email because no customer wanted to login to the tool and view our responses.

WHich would have been good because before you enter a ticket via the web form your brought to a semi useful help knowledge base that suggest solutions to your ticket. But it didnt work very well and is probably why no one bothered to log into the application.

Kayako review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best version of Kayako yet"

What do you like best?

We’ve used older versions of Kayako in the past but ended up switching to Desk.com because it made more sense for us as a Salesforce customer (back in the day). But recently we’ve been looking to switch, and we decided to check out the new cloud version of Kayako.

The product has come a long way since its self-hosted service desk days. At first glance I like the clean and simple UI. On a deeper dive, I’m happy to see the same level of depths for complexity and customization is still available, just presented in a new way.

What do you dislike?

It took us a little bit of a learning curve to understand the “language” of the new product, as a past Kayako user… but once we figured out how to replicated our automations and triggers, and create some custom reports, we were good to go. The team loves it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More custom reporting would be great. Anything to replicate the KQL experience

We’re using Kayako for self-service and a unified help desk and already see an improvement in our core support metrics. We serve hundreds of customers and so far Kayako is scaling well along with us.

Kayako review by <span>IFTIKHAR A.</span>
IFTIKHAR A.

"Kayako's excellent features and support services has brought an uplift to our support services."

What do you like best?

- the ability to define customer parameters when it comes to statuses, types etc.

- excellent SLA management

- Creating tickets for email enquiries

- Live chat

What do you dislike?

- The default text editor is not good

- No ability to provide inline comments on an existing update

- To start with it can take you months to be able to make good use of Kayako

- Files cannot be shared in the live chat

- I really have no other dislike to share. Most of the things in Kayako are really handy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

- We never drop ball on a customer support enquiry

- We are able to put internal notes and internally assign tickets to different owners

- Our SLA management is made easier and automatic

Kayako review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A better live chat experience"

What do you like best?

Kayako is not like normal live chat tools and apps. It is a modern customer messaging platform. My clients don't need to wait for me to be online in order to start conversations. If I'm there, I can talk in real-time. If I am not, I can get back to them later. My clients can also drop in and out of conversations without restarting everything again.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Kayako definitely offers more than I need right now but I see that as a good thing.

I wanted something to talk to my clients with that was simple to use and not clunky, like usual old-school live chat apps.

Kayako review by <span>Mike W.</span>
Mike W.

"Exceeded our expectations"

What do you like best?

We have been a Kayako user for many years. At first I was a bit skeptical of the low cost when we got started, especially since there are some much higher priced products and services available. The features of Kayako far exceeded my expectations.

What do you dislike?

There is an occasional quirk here and there, but it doesn't ruin our impression. It took us a while to upgrade to Version 4, but we really enjoyed the product even more after this upgrade. We are looking forward to seeing new features in the future.

Because our company is extremely focused on customer service, our staff lives in Kayako every day. We have integrated our helpdesk with our CRM to make it easy to link between systems.

Kayako review by <span>Luis S.</span>
Luis S.

"Reliable and easy to use. Very good support from their staff"

What do you like best?

Esasy to use for my customers and a very good support from their staff

What do you dislike?

Search box accuracy could be improved. Some search results could have more accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use this software because it is incredibily ease yo use and enhances the relationship with your customers.

Support relationships with my customers. We, and our customers are very happy with the high level of communication that we have reached using Kayako.

Kayako review by <span>Jessie A.</span>
Jessie A.

"Ticketing system that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Tickets are automatically created and assigned to various departments very easily, great for huge amounts of customer queries / staff tasks

What do you dislike?

Often a customer will reply and this will create a duplicate ticket which means you have to merge a lot of things. Emails from customers are stripped of all formatting so if they specifically format an email in some way - we can't see that

Keeping on top of user queries is made easy with a ticketing system, and being able to easily share a problem with colleagues (i.e. "oh did you see ticket 123456 from x about x?")

Kayako review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.

"Some nice features in Classic edition but customer service is poor"

What do you like best?

There offerings are on-par with other companies offering similar products. They offer a pre-chat survey and customizable templates for public-facing UI.

What do you dislike?

Our account was set to auto-renew even when we had asked to cancel.

The billing management area does not offer customers a means to turn-off auto-renew or cancel billing.

There is no advanced notice of upcoming auto-renew. That is a feature offered by the other vendors we use including Microsoft, Adobe, Dreamhost, Typekit, and others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a profit before all else, including customer relationships.

Provide our users with chat as channel to reach our customer-serving teams.

Kayako review by <span>John C.</span>
John C.

"Forward thinking company, feature rich product, with a knowledgeable team and great community"

What do you like best?

There are so many features which are well thought out which simply save us time. Our SLA warnings really help our internal support to ensure that we don't forget to update tickets when we get busy. There are literally 100's of reports out the box, which was great for us as we got metrics to some things we had not even thought about!. We have yet to utilize the products full potential, mainly due to the depth of flexibility, but everything works flawlessly, and the experience can only improve as we develop more.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that is really a "huge" issue, I would like it if Kayako released updates a little quicker, as they are continually adding great improvements, so would like to see them quicker!.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is flexible to perform much more than expectations, in my opinion. If you are looking for a feature rich ticket system, give Kayako a trial, it's FREE!.

we needed to get a handle on our internal support to the rest of the business, and we needed something to help us understand where our support staff's time was being taken up. ( e.g. which departments or users are using most of our time )

Kayako review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Best value for money "

What do you like best?

Kayako understands the profession of customer support and therefore comes with a wide variety of neat functions that makes life on the support desk easier. It makes you look good towards your customers: it is a professional tool that does wht it needs to do: provide the customers a communication platform and overview.

It's easy to configure yourself and we had it up and running in a day with only minor adjustments afterwards.

Kayako support itself is excellent. Fast, friendly and effective

What do you dislike?

We use the hosted version which leaves you with no options to install add-ons. We use the api that comes with Kayako, but is does not support all we need to monitor our support workload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is the only one (as far as we know that can handle inline images in e-mail messages, which is a time saver.

Ou customes have an insight in what cases have been filed and what it's status is.

Kayako review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"great product, very easy to use. "

What do you like best?

User friendly for the staff and end-user. I love that we are able to basically utilize the software without having to be on the web-portal very often and can view all tickets via email. I love that we can post articles, documents, and files. It is basic enough where it does not get very confusing, but it also has a lot of complex features if you want to utilize them. I love that we were able to add our own logo to the website and customize it. Each user is able to setup specific rules for the email notifications they receive.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble with the accepted method of payments due to some type of security requirement for international payment but the help desk was very friendly and worked diligently to help us find a solution and resolve this problem. . Some of the admin features can be a little complicated to user but most of the software is very user-friendly.

Managing the problems for our locations and being able to know when they have been fixed and allowing multiple users to view this information at once.

Kayako review by <span>Cody T.</span>
Cody T.

"Kayako Help Desk in the medical world."

What do you like best?

Kayako offers an affordable ticket system while also giving you a couple different deployment options. You can host Kayako on site or you can opt for a cloud based system. In an effort to have less hardware clutter, we tried the cloud hosting offered by Kayako and have been very pleased. Naturally we were concerned about the speed of the product being impacted by being in the cloud. From the time I setup our ticket portal, to this current day, we have never had a noticeable performance loss or outage. We currently access our system on a 100mbps up and 60mbps down connection, which has been more than enough to serve over 300 clients.

Deployment took around three days as Kayako has countless configuration options including the ability to add your own logo and branding to make the ticket system your own. We especially enjoy this feature as remote users feel more comfortable accessing a system with our logo. Setting up and managing staff accounts is easy and can be done with administrator access, which you can give or restrict to other support technicians based on their duties.

With the cloud based solution, Kayako often provides updates which only require a quick 2-5min patch to the technicians desktop software. We have never had an issue with an update or the update process. The updates are also pushed from Kayako which makes updating all workstations very easy. We love the update process and frequency offered by Kayako.

After having Kayako for over a year, I do not see us going with a different help desk solution. The ease of setup, reliability, and constant updates will make sure Kayako remains our product of choice.

What do you dislike?

Kayako's help desk solution can at times be difficult to learn and understand as the site administrator. Kayako has very powerful reporting tools but, the reports must be run in Kayako's own language which is similar to SQL. Reporting should be a simple task but unfortunately this is one area where Kayako still needs help. A simple reporting UI would go a long way in helping site administrators get the reports they need fast.

Setting up an automated support mailer account inside of Kayako was also complex and required Kayako support. In the end, Kayako themselves had to create a job inside of Kayako to fetch incoming and outgoing mail traffic from our email server. Although this has been done, we would like to see customers have more control over this automated email system.

The site administrator account has access to lots of options while signed in. While many of the options are easy to understand, there are also many that users who are new to Kayako will not understand. We spent many hours searching the internet and the Kayako forums just to find out what some of the Kayako "lingo" translated to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to try Kayako's cloud based hosting. The speed and performance are great as long as you have decent (60+mbps down/30+mbps up) connection.

Educate yourself in the Kayako reporting language before trying to configure and run reports. This area is where we spent most of our setup time.

Kayako has provided a great support system for our organization. With multiple off site locations, having a robust and easy to access ticket system is vital. Kayako allows our IT staff to quickly provide support to those in need while also allowing a clean and clear level of communication between support technicians.

Since first using Kayako over a year ago, we have seen a drastic change in our ticket response times. Kayako also allows all parties involved to have a record of support requests which is something we have not had in the past. This allows us to identify trends and be a department that is more proactive instead of reactive.

Kayako review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Worst customer experience ever!"

What do you like best?

At this time, not much at all, nothing too desirable about this company.

What do you dislike?

The level of support they provide, they are supposed to be a customer support company, that does not have a customer support line. Phone numbers provided online is only a voicemail box, when you try to put in an extension, the line cuts off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get real support, it has been 4 days since I opened a ticket, and still no one has called me to discuss.

We are just trying to get support for their software, and their phone number goes no where, no one is there to CHAT on their CHAT solution, and no response from emails sent 3 days ago.

Kayako review by <span>Juan L.</span>
Juan L.

"An useful tool when you're out of office"

What do you like best?

Neat design, ease of use. I can update support tickets while I'm on the train. It's quick and stable.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions missing, like the impossibility to close tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't regret it

Sometimes you're in a cab in a middle of a traffic jam and a client needs urgent support. That's the best benefit it provides

Kayako review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

"Meets Basic Help Desk Needs but Doesn't Meet Tomorrow's Needs"

What do you like best?

Ticketing software works well. Easy to setup users and support staff. Creating a knowledge base is helpful for users to solve their own issues.

User portal works well. One place for users to go and create a ticket and look at knowledge base articles (especially those that are recommended while creating a ticket) is a very helpful feature.

Creation of knowledge base articles is easy and very flexible. This makes it easy for us to create articles that users need and reduces the amount of support tickets created. We have used this to eliminate some of the written documentation at our locations, saving time, money and is more environmentally friendly.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with remote support software so it is hard to track which tickets have required remote support sessions. Remote support sessions require separate software and licenses. Users are not created using other authentication such as Google, we could have setup LDAP I believe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are simply looking for a ticketing software, this is a very good solution. The hosted product works well. We have no experienced any downtime with the product.

Helps us track tickets that are created based on several criteria including location and department. This has been helpful because we can understand where the issues are happening. This has allowed us to work with different areas and help be proactive in preventing downtime.

Users like that there is a support portal, one place for them to go. This makes it easier for the users to create a support ticket and request support.

Kayako review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Kayako - Amazing Hekpdesk Solution and Company"

What do you like best?

Kayako is a very robust and stable platform. We have been using it since 2009. Technicians are able to manage tickets easily. Clients are able to access ticket information and reply. The built-in automation features save a ton of time. For the price its the best supported solution on the market.

What do you dislike?

Its missing a scheduling and dispatch feature. Time entry for support staff is very basic and could be more feature rich.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solid ticket tracking system and web traffic engagement tool then Kayako is the right choice. With the customer portal, knowledgebase, troubleshooter, etc its a great customer service tool. If you need scheduling and dispatch unfortunately Kayako does not have a solution. However it is possible to integrate with other tools.

Full transparency for clients and efficient quality control. We are a strong believer in communication with clients as well as internal. Kayako has made this an easy task, with ticketing as well as chat functions.

Kayako review by Executive Sponsor in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Executive Sponsor in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Kayako (highs and deeps)"

What do you like best?

The initial set up (hosted system) was very easy

Usability for staff is also easy. few training costs

Customer access to his tickets and as manager to all tickets is very good

Knowledge base system is very useful

User Management is also very good

What do you dislike?

1) Any user response to a ticket ("closed" tickets too) changes the status of ticket to OPEN. CLOSED tickets goes to be OPEN after user responds "thank you". With this feature a ticket can never be closed in case user switches his auto reply mail on i.g. "Out of Office".

2) Creating of reports with KQL codes is too difficult.

3) Admin can define indeed a new custom status "PENDING" so that tickets can be parked for example user is not available. Calculating of SLAs minus Pending-time is very difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More functionality for Kayako APP

Easier Report-Funtctions

Quick solution if IT-Operation issues with virtual teams

Kayako review by <span>Matt D.</span>
Matt D.

"Everything we needed and awesome features we didn't even know we wanted."

What do you like best?

Complete set of support tools to meet our needs, with the flexibility to customize it. The 'ticket' system has basically served as a 'web mail on steroids' where teams of workers can collaborate effectively on our side of things while presenting a single point of contact for the clients we are supporting.

What do you dislike?

I know that there are many features and options we could be taking advantage of, but just haven't had the time to implement them for our situation. (I am running a support entity for our organization where I am the only FTE position that oversees 40+ part time workers, so while I would like to be doing more with the product, it allows for a business efficiency that is not 'typical')

Internal support organization issue tracking and self help documentation. Kayako Fusion has allowed our support department to stay on top of the issues we need to address, while creating a unified and consistent messaging platform that allows individual support agents to communicate efficiently with clients while also monitoring what they are doing, how they are doing it, and the time frame that things are getting done in with very little effort needed to manage things.

Kayako review by User

"Kayako has a quick response time with any challenges"

What do you like best?

I use Kayako through my job that allows me to stay home to be with my son and still help make a living to support my family. The team I am on uses kayako as a tool and I have found that there is very rarely any downtime or errors that hinder my ability to get my hours in at any time of the day. If there has been a challenge, they are professional, quick to respond and correct, as well as kind enough to point me in the right direction if I reported a challenge to them that is not within their wheelhouse.

What do you dislike?

There have been challenges that have taken a lot longer to correct and it has hindered other people within my company, but not on my team, from completing their work required hours. However, they are responsive and communicative and don't drop off the face of the earth just because they don't have a solution yet, which I find very good.

They have created a tool that allows me to complete my job. I help my team determine what posts are relevant on the internet for consumers. The tool streamlines my job so I can complete more submissions.

Kayako review by <span>Dick S.</span>
Dick S.

"Excellent helpdesk, versatile and easy to use and maintain"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use

- Low maintenance

- Interesting add-ons to enhance functionality

- Low TCO

- Stable

What do you dislike?

- Unclear product development plan

- Unclear release plan

- Cost to upgrade to latest version is high (price and effort)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is an easy to implement system. It supports all standard host environments and is easy to cusomize with your own templates and css. For staff it provides a lot of automation and ease of use.

- Good technical support for our users

- Single point of contact re. technical issues

- Good automation (e.g. auto reply, auto close, auto department assignment)

Kayako review by <span>Ken T.</span>
Ken T.

"Kayako Review"

What do you like best?

Easy user interface and administration. User portal to track history of their tickets. Kayako forums are active and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some basic features are missing: reporting of chats, time logging on tickets, composition tools (needs 3rd party), auto cleanup of trashed items, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for small to medium businesses but lacks in some features that could be a deal breaker for your company. Make sure you asks all questions before purchasing. Support is great for the product but fixes/feature requests are very slow as they are a small shop and have hundreds of fix tickets in backlog.

We needed a system that was easy to use and maintain. Kayako was easy to install and run. It has several key features we were looking for including: email, chat, reporting, KB and surveys. Benefits I've realized is that they do have an active forum and the responses from Kayako support has been great. Pricing could be better and some basic features like composing tools (bold, italic, etc is only added by a 3rd party app)

Kayako review by <span>Zane L.</span>
Zane L.

"Unable To Upgrade - Licensing Charges Extremely High"

What do you like best?

The ticketing system works well and has many features that are required for a company wanting to use this software for customer service via email and phone.

What do you dislike?

Expensive upgrade charges for software. Kayako charge existing customers high support and upgrade fees.

This software solves the requirements for satisfying customer service enquireies via email.

Kayako review by User

"Good product, not my favorite!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can have one inbox that multiple people can access and work on at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the emails the system send whenever you submit/receive a update to a ticket. We actually had a couple of issues when we implemented this as a way to manage our customer messages, as the priority we assigned to tickets was being displayed for them on the kickback emails the system send automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to give access to employees to multiple inboxes.

We have implemented this as a customer service solution, for the IT help desk, and for a few other departments.

It makes it easier to have multiple people working on different issues at the same time.

Kayako review by Administrator

"Our company is using Kayako over 2 years - good experience"

What do you like best?

- nice dashboard

- user friendly

- good support

- new updates

What do you dislike?

- missing voice notifications once someone contacting us through messenger (because of that we are using different app for livechat)

- sometimes I don't like the trigger system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for companies with high volume tickets. Missing voice sound when someone chatting with us. Reliable software.

We receive hundreds of tickets so we need to keep it sorted for our entire team which is easy to do with Kayako.

Kayako review by <span>Philip N.</span>
Philip N.

"Love using Kayako, it is very easy to use and easy to configure."

What do you like best?

I like that we can configure the tickets to what we need. Also, the Knowledgebase is great for out Customer Support Reps to look at before opening a ticket.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The price is right and it is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very easy to use. It has capabilities for Escalation and you can put in SLA's that meet our company needs. The Knowledgebase is great for our CSR's. Overall, a great tool!

We use this for our Customer Service reps to open Production Issues, then I get them and troubleshoot. Very user friendly

Kayako review by <span>Dr R K M.</span>
Dr R K M.

"Worse Script I have Ever Used on My Website"

What do you like best?

The Idea is Good

Chatting People are Good

The Software is good looking

What do you dislike?

The ask Money and there script is still not stable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never Buy this

They are still developing the script. It always gives error and they will force to update.

I purchased the update but it did not worked.

I send the following message.

Your new software is not compatible with php 5.3 and when we upgrade our php of server to 5.4 then it is not connecting with database and giving fetal error. In this case you should refund the money which I have paid for upgrade otherwise I have to report about your software to various complain websites ans blog.

and They Replied.

Hi Rajneesh,

Please be informed that we do have the Installation Service available at $299 where one of our engineers will upgrade your help desk. Would you like to purchase the service?

On the other hand, it will not be possible to refund the amount as the renewal service is the optional service. Also, we have provided you the latest software files and the license key in this case.

Regards,

Vishal Saini

Kayako Business Associate - Asia Pacific

Toll free : 1-888-952-9256 Worldwide : 1-415-418-3366 Ext: 267

Working Hours:

IST (India) - 10:00 to 19:00 (Monday - Friday)

Russia (Moscow), GST (Gulf) - 8:30 to 17:30 (Monday - Friday)

Israel, Arabia (AST) - 7:30 to 16:30 (Monday - Friday)

Kayako review by <span>Li Z.</span>
Li Z.

"good support system"

What do you like best?

It can manage multiple cases from the same customer and find the related topic very easily. It can add customized fields to follow our special work flow.

What do you dislike?

The email fetching has size limitation. The large email may freeze screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty easy to use.

Customer case management.

Kayako review by <span>Dick K.</span>
Dick K.

"Kayako Fusion is an outstanding tool for managing my I.T. support efforts."

What do you like best?

The product is well-conceived and well-executed. The administrative interfaces provide thorough control over the configuration of the various modules. The customer interface is simple and intuitive. I really like the flow of events for the handling of Trouble Tickets.

What do you dislike?

Kayako recently discontinued the remote assistance module known as OnSite. I am one of many unhappy users, as I now have to pay an additional fee for remote assistance software.

My main use for Kayako Fusion is the routing of trouble tickets. All ticket traffic is stored in a MySQL database, and emails flow between me and the customer. I like knowing that the customer is always aware of the progress I am making on solving his problem.

I have suggested this product to others; I provide assistance the installation, updating, and management of their Kayako products.

I have been a Kayako user since 2002.

Kayako review by <span>Zsolt L.</span>
Zsolt L.

"How does Kayako look like from a small company's leader point of view?"

What do you like best?

Flexibility; Simple user interfaces; Quick helpdesk reaction;

What do you dislike?

Users' suggestions are not built into the next releses. (Or the process is very slow...) The price/staff user price increased a lot.

Easy implementation at a new partner. We manage not only helpdesk services but implementation projects

in Kayako as well.

Kayako review by <span>Gianlorenzo C.</span>
Gianlorenzo C.

"Kayako, the best support center for qsanet.eu"

What do you like best?

We really appreciate Kayako team. Everytime we had a need Kayako team has been ready to share information, give advise and check out everything with competence, rapidity and sometimes.. patience! About the platmform we really appreciate the flexibility and the fact that it is easy to use even for those who have not IT competences.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could be improved is that the staff and admin support center is only in english. While it is easily possible to manage translations for the front office, the back office interface can't be easily modified.

Kayako manages our business helpdesk: support and sales email, tickets, knowledgbase, download, release notes and news. We have started with kayko helpdesk software about 6 years ago and now we couldn't work without it.

Kayako review by <span>James T.</span>
James T.

"Kayako helps our business in ways other HelpDesk Systems cant."

What do you like best?

Kayako is an all encompassing product that works well and covers most of our helpdesk needs. The software is easy to configure and easy to use. We have also had no complaints or change requests from our customers using the portal which is always good when you are a software house. I have not found any other helpdesk package that covers our needs as well as Kayako.

What do you dislike?

1. We need a user hierarchy. "Joe Smith" is a freelance tech who logs tickets on behalf of multiple organisation. For us its not Joe's ticket but the clients and needs to be associated with that organisation whilst continuing to correspond with Joe. Joe probably needs to belong to multiple organisations. 2. Would love better integration with the softphone, IE 1 button to create a ticket for the user it calls up when the call comes in and a call button on a ticket to call that user without having to find the user, find the number and enter it into the keypad. 3. ability to have custom Tabs would be great. We have a lot of information pertaining to a ticket or user or organisation. The current layout that forces you to scroll through all of that to get to the Ticket correspondence is painful.

All our staff have visibility of all the open tickets.This way we don't have to worry about losing tickets when someone is not around for an extended period. Our customers have visibility and control of their own tickets and are able to submit their tickets through the Helpdesk cutting done on phone calls which helps us stay on top of SLAs and manage issues in a manner that complies with our limited resources..

Kayako review by <span>Elizabeth L.</span>
Elizabeth L.

"Very good software, but would like to see a couple improvements"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed having a desktop version of Kayako. It was helpful that it opened each day and helped me remember to set myself to available. It was helpful to see when people were visiting our website so we could anticipate needing to answer a chat or a ticket. I also liked the phone app interface.

What do you dislike?

Our biggest problem with the software was the screen-sharing module. We found it to be very slow and clunky, which hindered rather than helped when trying to fix a customer's problem. Our work depends on being able to quickly and smoothly connect to a customer's screen, and then while screen-sharing, easily navigate their desktop to help them solve their issue. We found a lot of lag and jerky movements with the screen-sharing in Kayako.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is a great software for tracking service tickets and answering chats on your website. I love seeing when people visit our site so that I know something is incoming. I also liked being able to see a customer's history when I created a ticket for them, so that I knew how often they contacted us.

We were better able to track our client's problems and resolve them in a much more timely manner. Our support techs were spending less time tracking down issues, and more time simply helping the customer.

Kayako review by <span>Mauricio L.</span>
Mauricio L.

"Kayako for us"

What do you like best?

Talking about Kayako as a Company I want to say it's really good. All the deloyments they constantly do and the features they add makes the system to imrove each day. The support is excellent, since we don't know all the possible configurations have their help is just a great relief.

What do you dislike?

Itt would be great have the possibility to modify certain aspects of the tool, little designs, configuration and tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose the cloud solution, the supports worth it.

Kayako helps you to follow and solve our clients issues or doubts with our products.

Kayako review by <span>Luis S.</span>
Luis S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and a complete solution for support tickets, chat integration and internalization are very good

What do you dislike?

Installation procedure is very difficult and the installation requirement are not easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation

Support tickets and technical support for customers using knowledge base

Kayako review by <span>Geoff C.</span>
Geoff C.

"We've been very happy with our self-hosted version of Kayako. Virtually problem-free."

What do you like best?

Kayako gives us full visibility of al customer communications in one place. It prevents us form ;losing' a customer-initiated inquiry, regardless of the person or persons who have handled the inquiry.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see Kaytako a lot more responsive to adding feature requests from their users. Ive placed a couple, and one has been outstanding for a couple of years, and despite strong support from other users, has - as far as I am aware - not yet been scheduled for inclusion in the product. Theres been no feedback form Kayako even IF it might be included. There's no published 'roadmap' of development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purely customer communication, and archive of that.

Teh ability to review a lifetime of a customer's communications with us.

Kayako review by <span>Chris P.</span>
Chris P.

"Flexible, customizable and affordable support solution for any size business"

What do you like best?

Compared to many other big names in the support center space, Kayako really delivers MORE features and customizable options than the big boys. We run over 40 different customer facing support sizes all from one kayako instance. All of our support personal can support all of our customers and it appears as if we have a ton of different support sites. The self hosted option and being able to control our own upgrades is a big plus. The community is amazing as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The Knowledgebase section could use some improvement to better support larger numbers of customer facing sites and segregation of the articles between sites.

Supporting a massive number of customers and products from one central backend. Providing a different looking template for each of our products support sites.

Kayako review by <span>Claudio F.</span>
Claudio F.

"Great"

What do you like best?

The interface is great and easy to use and easy to work in an IT ambient

What do you dislike?

Need more work in the app for android and also html mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using kayako is a great way to improve your busniess

It related problems

Kayako review by <span>Brett L.</span>
Brett L.

"I love Kayako"

What do you like best?

System, Support, Customizable, basically we love every use case of this service.

What do you dislike?

Mobiel Experience - our reps in Argentina Cannot access the system very easily. We really wish that the mobile system was easier to use.

Support - automating our email and other responses.

Kayako review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to assign , close, and create auto responses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that in the app that when a help ticket comes in, a number would appear just like when you have text messages. That way you don't have to constantly open the app to see if you need to respond to a ticket.

We run online courses for high schools around the state. We need a central area for students to submit help tickets.

Kayako review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Enterprise-class, feature-packed and well organized helpdesk"

What do you like best?

We use Kayako helpdesk since 2007 as the main support channel for our clients. What we like most is that Kayako was always feature-packed, but very well organized at the same time, without making the software bloated. There's a function for everything, making the helpdesk very effective for the staff and clients.

Security seems to play a very important role, as we haven't seen any vulnerability "in the wild" that wasn't discovered and patched in time by the developers.

Minor bugs appear occasionally, but there's usually already a patch available when we send a report to the developers.

Overall, we've been extremely satisfied with Kayako. So satisfied that we have never though about even looking at what alternatives might be available.

What do you dislike?

The Android app lacks some important features, such as push notifications, overview of the client's ticket history, follow-up schedule, split and duplicate functions, etc. There's so much more the app could include.

The integration with WHMCS seems to be abandoned, as it's no longer compatible with WHMCS 6.0 and no updates were released since 2014.

Kayako allows us to assist our clients efficiently. It's easy for the clients to use it and helps them find answers in the knowledge-base before having to contact us for assistance, saving us a lot of time.

Kayako review by <span>George V.</span>
George V.

"Kayako helped us free time to invest in other projects"

What do you like best?

I like the simple, yet powerful mechanism that allows us to distribute tickets to the proper employee.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are no PUSH notifications

Recommendations to others considering the product

We believe Kayako will be the right product for you. It's mobile application is robust and will allow you to perform most of the tasks directly from your mobile phone. It's knowledgebase is something that will be vital to your clients, allowing them to get answers to their questions even before they submit a ticket. Their live chat system helped us same money from a competitive program with annual subscription.

We are solving issues our clients have with our services. I realized that by using Kayako, it is easier for us to respond to the same inquiries using predefined answers.

Kayako review by <span>Jacques B.</span>
Jacques B.

"Reviews on Kayako"

What do you like best?

The ability to have multiple Users with different access levels.

What do you dislike?

The time lag to update a Ticket is a constant annoyance,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide on which version you would like to use - a Download version hosted by your own server or an OnDemand online version hosted by Kayako. The Download version requires some work by your IT personnel but requires less funding. The OnDemand version can be had with a monthly or annual fee with a free update as part of the contract and will requires the least involvement of the IT personnel. Double check your VoIP phone system, if you are planning to integrate the phone system, and make sure that it is compatible with Kayako.

Centralization of emails and tickets in one web-accessible Help Desk location.

Kayako review by <span>Monica G.</span>
Monica G.

"best ticket system we have used"

What do you like best?

we have tried many ticket generating systems in the past and we feel as a company that this one is the best for our buck. Its very inclusive and gives us everything that we are looking for.

What do you dislike?

i do not dislike anything at this time about the kayako software.

our tickets process has improved an overall 85% of our employees and customers.

Kayako review by <span>Javier A.</span>
Javier A.

"Best support ticket platform"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of functions. Mail rules makes work easier.

What do you dislike?

I can't say "dislike", one thing that we need is teamviewer integration with livechat.

We are an IT Services company so we resolve all our needs.

Kayako review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Long term happy user"

What do you like best?

We like the configurability of the tool. It's simple and easy to explain to new support agents and customers. By hosting it in the cloud, we have simplified our support model across the world. Our staff can login from anywhere and look and respond to tickets. We have added new priorities, status and custom fields so make the system meet our business needs.

I have looked at other systems, but this seems the most straightforward solution.

What do you dislike?

If I were to point to one area that I would like improving, it's the reports section. It needs to be simpler. There is a powerful report writer in the product, but you will need to invest quite a bit of time to get the best out of its language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hosting in the cloud has worked for us. We do get some unexpected upgrade features, but most of them have been good.

We can receive either highly technical or highly functional questions on the support system. Everyone of the agents can see a ticket when it's raised and the best person available can respond by either logging onto the system or via email.

We can see who owns which ticket and pass tickets between people very quickly. By the use of colour coding tickets statuses and having automated closers, we can keep on top of the support workload at all times.

Kayako review by <span>Jason R.</span>
Jason R.

"Great Ticketing solution"

What do you like best?

It is seamless to integrate, and fully white labeled! This tool was easy to implement and well worth the cost!

What do you dislike?

Administrator options are a little confusing, and getting email to work correctly took a little effort, but now it is working great!

Our client base asked for some type of ticketing system, after reviewing the numerous options I decided on Kayako and we have never looked back. Clients now feel more connected and internally we have a single place to review all work/tasks.

Kayako review by <span>Phil E.</span>
Phil E.

"Outstanding from start to finish. Never Regretted choosing Kayako"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, reliability, cost. We have used Kayako for 8 years and it is now at the heart of most of our business processes. We couldn't live without it.

What do you dislike?

The client end user portal has been neglected. The great improvements on the staff control panel should really have been rolled into the client pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it,

This has allowed us to group from 5 staff to 25 and will support us on our journey towards a £10m turnover company.

Kayako review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Kayako - A Full Featured Help Desk Tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the interface, as it provides quick access to all the important fields we need to track and can be customized. The tickets show the history and can track billing information and integrate with backend LDAP servers as well.

What do you dislike?

LDAP authentication isn't very clean/smooth. The search features are not very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just ensure you are ready to do some configuration to get the system as you do have to do some work to customize the interface and features.

Ticketing and billing tracking for customer support issues and software support type problems. Tracking the history of tickets and problems that we experience is also great!

Kayako review by <span>CrisM H.</span>
CrisM H.

"Kayako, a great tool for a support desk"

What do you like best?

the options available and the knowledge base

What do you dislike?

sometimes i dont find it so intuitive and when i search in the knowledgebase some words which are not in the tittle i cannot find what i want.

technical support for customers

Administrator in Telecommunications

"Excellent product for supporting customers"

What do you like best?

Very convenient interface, easy to use, very powerfull reporting.

What do you dislike?

For now nothing just whatsapp integration when it will be possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product, it perfectly oriented to give helpdesk chat and support to customer on one friendly interface.

We give support to our customers 6/7 10/24.

The ticketing system allow us to follow the request from start till the end, and also have prrof of each thing that have been done.

Kayako review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Kayako has enhanced our communication with and accountability to our customers"

What do you like best?

Flexible hosting options (hosted/cloud-based or host it yourself), relatively low cost, and it is pretty customizable. It allows you to answer some questions before they are asked (via the Knowledgebase) and doesn't require a lot of work to get started. It enables you to measure and track questions and issues or projects being worked on and completed and the basic timeline (if desired) of that completion.

What do you dislike?

The search features are not as robust as they need to be - be it a customer searching your knowledgebase, an internal user searching for tickets, etc. This can impact the accuracy or "completeness" of what you see in the dashboard in terms of tickets to work on. Also, there are numerous areas either in the dashboards, permissions, or reports where you're faced with an "either/or" capability instead of a more robust system that allows you (for example) to assign something to multiple data types, or build a view with ORs and ANDs instead of just one of the two. Would love the ability to measure a ticket's duration in various statuses, but that is also not present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to map out your processes before diving into Kayako to ensure you're mapping correctly to the product. There are a lot of offerings within Kayako and only by walking through your own processes and goals first will you be able to easily determine which items you need to implement vs perhaps holding off on others.

It greatly enhances accountability and it provides the key details needed to ensure the customer is receiving the attention and care they deserve and in a suitable time frame. Further, the documentation it provides also highlights the needs and expectations on the customer(s) which is also very valuable.

"Kayako for "

What do you like best?

Extensible - fits most of our odd configuration and workflow needs. Kayako allows us to act as multiple support-centers in order to support multiple clients (organizations). Each client is provided with client-care that is customized to them (i.e. response templates, inbound email addresses, outbound response addresses).

What do you dislike?

UI could be updated a bit to something a bit more 'modern'. There is a lot of online 'help' that related to the older versions of the products which leads to a wild goose chase for information. We have had a lot of trouble figuring out how to create user-groups within the system, where each group is separate and distinct from each other group - in particular we seem to be unable to disable the online-visibility of one set of users from another in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako has a very robust set of configuration options - it might require a bit more set up to get going, but should be able to meet your demanding requirements. If you have really simple requirements this tool might be overkill - but should be considered regardless.

We act as a support/call-center with multiple faces/personalities/brands to the public. The Kayako system was almost the only system that could be configured to provide those multiple interfaces.

"Many Customizable Features"

What do you like best?

Knowledgebase allows articles, FAQ section

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooter is tough to configure if you are not tech savvy

Kayako allows our customers to submit support tickets and we can easily track the progress of those issues. The tag feature allows us to input keywords/terms that are helpful when later reporting on a specific issue that was submitted multiple times. This helps us know who to notify when a problem has been resolved.

Kayako review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A web hosting and IT solutions company using the kayako software for livechat and as sales/support."

What do you like best?

In terms of the use of kayako software, it is user-friendly and ease of use for the live chat and support/sales enquiries.

As a first user for kayako software, it is quite easy to use and pick up.

What do you dislike?

We do experience technical issues with the kayako software as the attachments and message of the ticket system is sometimes not send or not included to the customers.

A web-hosting and IT soultions company for livechat and support/sales enquiries, customers are able to reply and submit for sales, technical and support issues. As a part of the administrator, it is friendly for first time user and to communicate with our customers.

Kayako review by <span>Patrick H.</span>
Patrick H.

"Kayako is the stanrdard"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use SaaS with powerful reporting that I haven't even touched the beginning of.

What do you dislike?

Notifications. I see when people log in all of the time, but this is my fault for not changing my preferences.

No DIY. Everyone has tried DIY help desk products, but Kayako seems to have what most organizations need to managed support requests.

"Kayako Support Experience"

What do you like best?

Each time I have raised a ticket to Kayako Support, they have been extremely responsive and fast in understanding the issue and providing a quick resolution.

What do you dislike?

Had a small challenge with paying the annual invoice however again the flexibility and responsiveness from the accounts team was very good. I do not anticipate facing the same issue next year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the cloud version (as opposed to the download version). It avoids having to purchase your own hardware hence saves CAPEX

An automated ticketing system that can be tailored to ITIL and seamlessly connect to other email based systems (e.g. ManageEngine ServiceDesk).

Kayako review by <span>Marek .</span>
Marek .

"Not to bad, not to good"

What do you like best?

automatic email notification

webhooks support

KQL

What do you dislike?

intreface, not being intuitive, missing fetures

Client Supoort

Kayako review by Administrator

"Kayako - One word "Brilliance""

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Collaboration taken to the next level, Multiple features which aligns to my business needs

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike with the product at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Kayako to my friends and family for its pricing values and easy to use features.

Able to assist and reach out to customers IT requirements

Kayako review by <span>Sebastian S.</span>
Sebastian S.

"Kayako help our team to quickly solve customer problems"

What do you like best?

I like possibility of using Download option with database installed on our servers. We can generate some custom reports accessing database regarding our team performance.

What do you dislike?

VOIP option with 3rd party operator was not working to well. Our team switched to Zoiper for VOIP. Phone support is not our main channel so it is small disadvantage for our team.

We have full tracking of ticket flow and workload. Good reports regarding your team performance. Good billing options. Possiblity to track which organizations generates most support.

Kayako review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Limited functionality, clunky interface, but meets basic needs"

What do you like best?

It is relatively stable. It is cheap, and fairly straightforward in what it offers.

What do you dislike?

Limited report functionality, KQL is not powerful enough, unattractive UI, clunky views, poor performance, inconsistent development features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small company with limited budget, it works. If you want it to grow with your team, need additional integration and features, or want something customer facing, look elsewhere.

CMS for small-mid size business. I imagine it was great when the team was 3 people - it is basic and does the job for a small org. But now we are growing, team needs are greater and customers demand more as well and it just isn't sufficient.

Kayako review by <span>Andre K.</span>
Andre K.

"Best Help/Service Desk Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and use. Includes all the features a company would require from a Helpdesk, all in one.

What do you dislike?

Still lacking HTML email features when receiving and sending messages. The documentation can also improve, especially around customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Remote agents supporting customers worldwide, one place with all the customers communication and a fully featured Auto Helpdesk for customers.

Kayako review by <span>Joaquin D.</span>
Joaquin D.

"Great organization tool"

What do you like best?

The array of options to organize your day to day tasks is great

What do you dislike?

Sometimes bugs makes you lose precious time. Refreshing the page will most likely lose your reply

IT Support

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I know kayako from the 2007 and has been the best tool to support users found

The organization of the departments, operators and users is very good.

incident management and administration easy platform we implement has made for some of our clients, which are also satisfied by:

- Less resources on the server

- An excellent system for customer care via chat

- Automated responses

- reports

- customization

From all technical and professional appearance kayako is for me a solution leader in customer care

What do you dislike?

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a exccellent custom service platform

low time to solve problems

coordinate groups in differents countries

accelerate deployment requests

Kayako review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Kayako Helpdesk is superb!"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, user friendly with knowledgebase functionality. Kayako is great for any small to mid sized business looking to keep track of customer tickets which is virtually impossible within Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the Kayako interface looks slightly dated and I also feel the macro menu options could be better however they do provide the basics required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tracking customer tickets, staff collaboration which in turn boosts performance

Kayako gives us a clear indication of current work load and SLA requirements for each customers ticket ensuring we meet their expectations.

Administrator in Telecommunications

"Good customer facing ticket system"

What do you like best?

Ability to automatically allow customers to create and manage their own issues.

What do you dislike?

Administrator interface can be complicated and workflow is sometimes not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should fit any need for a customized help desk system.

Kayako allowed us to easily manage many customer issues automatically and with clear escalation steps.

Kayako review by <span>Christopher A.</span>
Christopher A.

"Easy to use and effective!"

What do you like best?

So easy to use. End user training is not necessary.

What do you dislike?

Report functionality could be a bit more intuitive. If you are running packaged reports it is easy, creating your own can be difficult.

Funneling all support requests through one resource making more efficient use of a team and enabling collaboration.

Kayako review by Executive Sponsor in Semiconductors
Executive Sponsor in Semiconductors

"Customer support Software but unresponsive Kayako's Internal Support"

What do you like best?

The tool is good and similar to email. Setup is easy and adaptability is simple. Similar to other tools in the market.

What do you dislike?

They After sale support is terrible. Once you signup that it..they will anwer any of your questions. Promise big and deliver nothing. Not Walk the talk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take tool as it is and anything sales folks promise they will not deliver. They just want to get your business

It can be used as common email box for all agents.

Kayako review by <span>Christophe B.</span>
Christophe B.

"Akita Helpdesk ticket management"

What do you like best?

One of the better ticketing systems we have used. Plenty of features and reporting to help strategically run our help desk services.

What do you dislike?

I'd like better integration with CRMDynamics

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

We can performance manage our help desk staff and identify customers who require uplifts is SLA requirements.

Kayako review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Reliable If Simple Service"

What do you like best?

Creates a ticket system and knowledgebase with relative ease. There are easy way to track tickets and leave notes for colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes crash. Has some bugs particularly when merging tickets.

Technical Support and Sales related inquiries from customers.

Kayako review by <span>Mariano C.</span>
Mariano C.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, but full of options. Very useful platform.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it has to have push notifications.

Provide IT services and technical support.

"VP Administration"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy for all of our staff and customers to use. It centralizes and organizes our support communication in one place very well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for me to not have to redo all of our customizations every time we update the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Kayako as the support solution for your business. We have had nothing but a positive experience with Kayako as a company. Kayako allows us to provide our clients with excellent support.

We use Kayako to handle all of our support communications with our Clients. We are able to handle a lot of clients with very few people very effectively.

Kayako review by <span>Ricardo H.</span>
Ricardo H.

"POTENTE HERRAMIENTA PARA SEGUIMIENTO A TICKETS"

What do you like best?

FACILIDAD DE GENERAR REPORTES VÍA CORREO ELECTRÓNICO

What do you dislike?

CUANDO SE RESPONDE VÍA CORREO, VUELVE A DOCUMENTAR TODA LA CADENA EN EL CORREO

Recommendations to others considering the product

CONSIDERAR DISPOSITIVOS MÓVILES CON CAPACIDAD Y ACCESO A INTERNET

MEJORA DE LA COMUNICACIÓN CON EL PERSONAL DE CAMPO DEBIDO AL ACCESO POR DISPOSITIVOS MÓVILES

Learn more about Kayako