KeePass

KeePass, the free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.

Work for KeePass?
Lastpass  pricing   2x

Learning about KeePass?

KeePass Reviews

Showing 95 KeePass reviews
KeePass review by User in Information Technology and Services

Secure Password Manager

What do you like best?

Ability to select the best encryption available

Random Password Generator

Ability to input user and passwords automatically into websites

What do you dislike?

Its not easy to use for a new comer. You have to play around with the software to find out about how it is unlike lastpass which is easy but is cloud based. I like keepass better because it is stored locally

Recommendations to others considering the product

As compared to other solutions like Lastpass and Dasline which are easy, Keepass is a bit complex. It might be difficult to navigate at first but once you get used to it it is a great software. Its also free. Its is very secure if you use best practices to secure your password database e.g using the inbuilt algorithms to generate passwords. Personally I feel better that I have taken the best available option to secure my passwords. Thats all you can ever do.

I am using it to store my passwords for business accounts. I use it personally at home as well

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about KeePass
KeePass review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.

Simple secure interface and it's free

What do you like best?

I like that there is a method of storing the database on my own pc/dropbox account rather than on someone's cloud service. I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing how I'm securing it rather than some other company. The software is easy to use, simple and of course free. I'm achieving greater security by having this application installed on my pc and phone by allowing it to come up with lengthy passwords instead of things I need to remember.

What do you dislike?

Thus far, I can't say that I don't like anything about it. It does what it should and doesn't pretend to do other things it doesn't need too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something simple that just does what a password manager should, then this is the product for you. It's not pretending to be something that it isn't and by doing that, they are providing a product that simply works and has not had issues since the day I installed it. It's nice with the categorizations it allows you to setup and different icons for different types of logins to quickly differentiate between accounts. This software definitely allows you to be more secure in the workplace and personally.

I'm able to have all of my passwords different and of great length. I have the database stored on a dropbox account so I can share the DB with the keepass app on my phone as well as my pc. Greater security is definitely being achieved with this application.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

KeePass review by <span>Maxime L.</span>
Maxime L.

Most secured password management I have tested

What do you like best?

- Its encryption implementation, well-recognized by some official governments organizations

- Tools to help improve existing password and eliminate duplicates

- The long list of plugins to use Keepass on all my devices (Windows, Linux, Android...)

- The password generator tool, which has enough options to comply with many website limitations

What do you dislike?

- The learning curve in using the main software, as there's no tutorials or guides to integrate it with your browsers/devices

- The UI is a bit old, compared to non-free competitors, with a classic Windows 2000 style

- The lacking of password sharing between team members

- Plugins update is not always working great, especially browsers ones, that may need some manual copy-pasting of files to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The setup may seem burdensome at first, but it is way more reassuring having its credentials in the company server than hosted by a third party, even if it is encrypted.

A first step can be to use Dropbox integration first, to learn how to use it.

I am saving my personal password as well as professionnal ones and can have an unique password everywhere, without having to remember it. This strenghten the security as a leak of one of website database will not impact on all my accounts, especially pro ones.

The single problem we encounter is the password sharing between people, since Keepass does not offer any options, compared to Dashlane, which allow to share some passwords with other users, for example.

KeePass review by <span>Jose B.</span>
Jose B.

Keepass review

What do you like best?

This open source application allows you to manage your internet credentials in a secure way. to improve your credentials administration, you can create groups where you can organize using topics, defining icons for this groups and making several customization such as: Expiration dates, auto typing function and plugins.

Additionally, you can generate secure password and lookup for groups and credentials.

What do you dislike?

The integration with browsers it's make by manual installations of a plugin by every browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It 's a great option to considerate, if you are looking for a secure password manager app, easy to use and open source.

My problem solved is simple. I don't have to remember every credentials. Every day, i have to use around 10 different internet credentials. But now, i can safe every credential set in KeePass and use it at the correct moment.

KeePass review by User

KeePass, an excellent password manager

What do you like best?

The main reason I use KeePass is that it is available across all platforms that I use: Windows, Linux, and Android, and that I can access the same database for each platform.

There are an number of websites that I go on that work better in one browser than another. I like the fact the KeePass allows you to choose between browsers.

What do you dislike?

The Android implementation can be a little hit and miss in terms of allowing me to "jump off" to a particular set of credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KeePass, for me is the go to password management software. I had trialled LastPass before but did not like the idea of storing my credentials in the cloud.

As part of my role I have access to 57 different accounts. KeePass not only allows me to manage the credentials for these, but also allows me to autogenerate passwords, thus avoiding the temptation of re-using the same password

KeePass review by <span>Niels H.</span>
Niels H.

Very helpful to manage multiple login credentials

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, especially the auto type feature.

Moreover it allows you to work in a more secure way, by choosing 30-character random passwords and saving them in keepass.

This will make sure that it's impossible for others to either guess or remember your password.

It's also easy to change passwords more often for security reasons because there is no need to remember them.

What do you dislike?

There is not really something I dislike.

The only downside is that it's not possible to use keepass on a new device without having access to the keepass file. (but obviously more secure this way)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before using it for business ends, try using it for personal passwords first.

This will allow you to experience how users will have to work with the software as well as how you work with Keepass as an admin.

We have multiple people working within multiple software application, both our own as well as third party applications.

Each users has it's own username and password that needs to change frequently.

We create random 30-character passwords for everyone that change each month. Users don't have to remember or manage the passwords themselves. Everything is managed through keepass.

Learning about KeePass?

* We monitor all KeePass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.