Kenexa

Kenexa provides business solutions for human resources. They help global organizations multiply business success by identifying the best individuals for every job and fostering optimal work environments for every organization.

Work for Kenexa?

Learning about Kenexa?

Kenexa Reviews

Ask Kenexa a Question
Showing 40 Kenexa reviews
Kenexa review by User in Marketing and Advertising

It could be flashier but it does its job

What do you like best?

I love how it's a on stop shop for getting candidates, storing their info and hiring new hires. It's easy. I can do everything from the one window.

What do you dislike?

I feel it looks a bit outdated, even the new experience that they just rolled out. It reminds me of an older talent acquisition website. I work in marketing, I'd like to have a new and modern feel to programs I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I appreciate the updated look to Kenexa but there is long road a head. it needs to be more modern, more sleek.

We're able to keep track and record of referrals and applicants. We've fixed our organization issues. No more missing resume! Also, we've insured that we have done every step during the onboarding progress by using the Onboard Manager! It is a life saver!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kenexa
Kenexa review by <span>Cherrie M.</span>
Cherrie M.

Had issues when I had it but missed it when they switched systems

What do you like best?

It was very easy to learn the system and you didn't have to switch between Job Profiles and Candidate profiles to load stuff. It wasn't confusing at all and that was a nice change.

What do you dislike?

It would freeze up in the middle of a task or would take forever to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would check it out, I enjoyed using it when I was with my old company.

Recruitment, Assessment, Compensation, Onboarding, Learning, Performance Management, Leadership, Employee Surveys, Social

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Kenexa review by <span>Joseph K.</span>
Joseph K.

"It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

What do you like best?

"Configurability."

Every vendor on the market likes to suggest that their product can be configured as much or as little as a client wants, but there are no other products on the market that offer the degree of pre- and post-implementation that BrassRing does. Through the deployment of user-generated objects like candidate forms, workflows, and automated rules I can use the BrassRing system to build a self-contained Executive Recruitment practice in a system that is otherwise configured to process 10,000+ hires in a year.

Others have mentioned the strength of the communication templates; the combination of blurbs, automated messages, templates, and some targeted user training provides a greater degree of flexibility for rapid, responsive and effective communication than most solutions as well. While social media integration is poor and the application process desperately needs work, it is a mistake for organizations to confuse application experience with CANDIDATE experience. A candidate wants to be heard, know that their application has been reviewed, and get timely and honest feedback; the communication tools therein are excellent for supporting the entire process.

That all being said, I should probably explain the title of this review. Yes, *I* can build an implementation that does all of these things, but not every organization has (or can afford) someone dedicated to designing, configuring, and maintaining advanced functionality in the system. The Workbench back-end platform is arcane to say the least, and requires dedicated resources that not every organization has. It is up to current or prospective IBM Kenexa clients to evaluate the extent of their investment, and the sort of return they require. If you run a large-scale recruitment process with many variations and complexities, an investment in time and effort can yield results that other systems cannot offer.

One last thing to note; BrassRing is one of the few ATS on the market that still supports a simple recruitment matrix for end-users (although you'll most likely need a power user to build it). This may seem like a small or trivial thing, but if you have a large recruitment staff with high volumes, this is a feature that you will want and need.

What do you dislike?

For starters, IBM Kenexa BrassRing on Cloud is a terrible name for a business application.

Beyond that, as other commentators have noted, system performance can be sluggish at the best of times. This can be true of any SaaS application, but I have seen service degrade to the point where the system begins to fail. Similarly, I have at times struggled working within the Kenexa and later IBM support model, where a clear lack of resources have left me waiting for timely support or simply having to sit on my hands.

The biggest challenge that BrassRing presents however is that some of the technology is clearly dated; the application experience in particular is clunky, and not suited for social-media inclined users. Social Media integration within the back-end is limited too, although this is less of a concern for organizations engaged in professional recruitment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your recruitment practice inside and out. Don't design the system for the recruitment practice you have, design it for the practice you want; have your recruitment experts at the table at implementation as it is much easier (and cheaper) to design pre-implementation than post.

Don't engage this software if you just need a tool to collect and route general applications, BrassRing is best suited for large volumes, customized workflows, meeting regulatory burdens, and evolving business requirements.

Do engage the right people to support it; the system has extensive capabilities but does require dedicated professional staff with expertise in software, business processes, and recruitment in order to get the best value from the system.

Having worked with BrassRing at various organizations for nearly five years, I have found the system to be an industry-leader when it comes to designing complex, dynamic, and multi-level recruitment practices. If your organization needs a tool that will allow you to simultaneously hire hundreds (or thousands) of mass-market candidates and fill selected hard to fill roles, you'd be hard pressed to find a system that supports both.

Kenexa review by <span>James R.</span>
James R.

Solid ATS without the bells and whistles

What do you like best?

When I used Kenexa I found it worked well as a CRM, housing notes and contacts' details in easy to find directories with good search abilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing jumps out at me but I remember wishing it had some of the more recent parsing abilities other CRMs had. For all I know it know has those capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel it is a solid ATS and I enjoyed using it. Depending our your organizations needs this ATS should be considered.

IT Staffing was the industry i ws working in and I mainly used it to track candidate discussions, meetings and the staffing life-cycle.

Kenexa review by User in Retail
User in Retail

Organized and paperless

What do you like best?

Kenexa allows me to view multiple applicants quickly with a great home page that lists all the current requisitions and number of new entries vs total entries. I also really like that all onboarding is paperless and it makes the day 1 orientation to much smoother.

What do you dislike?

Working for a large company with numerous different locations, an applicant can apply for a position and everyone can see and act on the entry - would be easier if it listed an applicant's preferred location or just locked out other locations from seeing them once the screening process began.

Kenexa alleviates the workload involved in the hiring process. It also gives me a checklist to make sure all onboarding is correct and completed before day one orientation.

Kenexa review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

Basic Functionality But Out of Date with Competitors

What do you like best?

The interface is uncomplicated and simple, most of the features are organized on a single tab rather than in submenus.

What do you dislike?

The fonts are small and the layout feels outdated. Because so much of the menu tracking is based on hyperlinks, easy errors like pressing the back button can completely ruin sessions. The webpages frequently exhibit formatting issues when viewed on different browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic features and ease of use, most of Kenexa's functionality is adequate. The IBM support resources are robust but I would recommend serious consideration of a more modern product prior to a full enterprise rollout.

Digitally centralizing requisitions, subsequent applications, and monitoring hiring processes. Because the information is cloud based, it can be easily accessed anywhere.

Learn more about Kenexa

Kenexa Downloads

Learning about Kenexa?

* We monitor all Kenexa reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.