Kentico

Delivering more out-of-the-box functionality than other systems, Kentico makes enterprise-grade, integrated marketing manageable and affordable for businesses of all sizes.

Work for Kentico?

Showing 76 Kentico reviews
Kentico review by <span>Graham D.</span>
Graham D.

Kentico Review

What do you like best?

Kentico is an easy Content Management system to use and our clients really like it. It can be customized to meet your exact needs but is also a great out of the box solution as well. If you are looking for an easy to navigate and scalable CMS I would recommend looking into Kentico.

What do you dislike?

Kentico spends a lot of effort on their EMS product and we do not utilize it because our clients do not use e-commerce. It is not a very well known application here in the United States as it was developed in Europe. The ability to upgrade to the newest versions if you have customized the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a Kentico or a very smart .Net C# developer if you want to customize and part of the out of box Kentico solution.

Providing high quality customized websites to our clients. We compete against templated website and free website companies. We win business because of the scalability and enterprise level superiority of the Kentico product. Our clients really like the interface on Kentico and how they can update their content anywhere anytime they have an internet connection. Our clients are very busy with their normal day jobs they needed an application that is simple to use and update so they don't have to spend time relearning how to make updates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kentico
Kentico review by <span>Abigail W.</span>
Abigail W.

Ease to use and lots of functionality

What do you like best?

Part of my job is to teach our clients how to login and make updates within Kentico. I like that you do not have to be a developer to edit content, add blog posts, move pages, etc. Kentico is very easy to learn. I also like the reporting you can create in Kentico to easily keep track of form fills.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have issues with the Impersonate feature on Kentico. It is definitely not immune to weird random buggy issues as we make updates as well. It usually pretty straightforward to fix though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Kentico to others. It's easy to learn and good to use when you have multiple editors.

We use Kentico to build websites for our clients. We primarily choose Kentico for its out of the box functionality. We have been able to use several different features of Kentico, from ecommerce features to workflow features within sites.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Kentico review by <span>Giuseppe A.</span>
Giuseppe A.

CMS flexible and powerfull

What do you like best?

We use this CMS for our production web site. We choose this instead of other (such as sharepoint) for several factor: is in .NET; is not expensive; we really appreciate the staging feature. As a developer we use this CMS as base for our web site, than we develop pages, widget and modules tailored for our needs.

What do you dislike?

Perforamnce are not the best, expecially when the applicati in starts. We use the web applicatioion version, and everytime after a compile action, the web site take a couple of minutes to show the first page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need a cms, with many build in options and modules, but also the availability to add custom functions, at at honest price. this is the right choise

As previusly said, the staging feature is what we use the most. Before kentico, put some content in production need a relese of software and some action by develoer. Now we have people that can manage content by their own in stage and production env.

Kentico review by User

Kentico good but clunky

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. Once trained, I can navigate the CMS.

What do you dislike?

It's really clunky. The steps I need to take to create content is terrible, and it has no memory as to what I was just working on. For example, when I add a feature article to a folder and need to link back to an article I just worked on, it doesn't remember my last task and I have to go through all the folders again to find it and link it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've heard great things about Word Press, but I don't know if WP has a powerful enough engine for your needs. Ours is integrated with other programs, and we also have a store that we use Kentico for.

I am able to create content for our website. The benefits are that it looks good after it's live.

Kentico review by <span>Justin H.</span>
Justin H.

A Flexible, Reliable, and Well-thought-out CMS

What do you like best?

The admin interface is better than those of other CMS platforms I have used in the past, such as an older (2009) version of DotNetNuke. The intuitive layout makes it easier to devolve content management tasks onto less-technical coworkers. The Kentico E-commerce module is intended to work as a self-contained online store system.

What do you dislike?

It would be useful if Google E-commerce Analytics were a simple plug-and-play integration; as it was, this integration required some customization. Sometimes I've needed to hunt for awhile to find a feature buried in the system settings, but with such a complex product I'm not sure how valid a complaint that is.

I would also appreciate better documentation and support of the K# syntax used in macros - I'd like to use these features more than I currently am.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend thoroughly documenting the features your implementation will need, to determine which can be handled by off-the-shelf features, and which will require customization.

We need a CMS that can serve customers at several levels: as both an E-commerce site for merchandise products, with all of the features one would associate with a modern online store, but also as a platform to support a longer, "softer" sales cycle for our curriculum products. Kentico provides decent tools to support both of these levels of sales support.

Kentico review by <span>Prince Tafadzwa K.</span>
Prince Tafadzwa K.

the CMS for everyone

What do you like best?

A great marketing tool which has helped our organisation. We are able to retrieve offline documentation to publish online as news posts to our customers in a matter of minutes. In addition, everyone in our organisation is able to use Kentico as it has an easy to navigate interface.

What do you dislike?

Not much really but it will be better if Kentico improves on embedding large files as this on many times take a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the CMS choice for everyone. It is really easy to use and you can update your web pages in seconds.

With Kentico, we are able to regularly give our customers top trending news as we just retrieve our offline work as it is sent by our writers and publish in real time.

Learning about Kentico?

* We monitor all Kentico reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.