What do you like best?
Our business is a small IT consulting firm that was looking for a single system that would capture consultants' time, manage their projects, and (more or less) automatically produce a client invoice. KeyedIn meets these requirements for us. To summarise, the system:
1. Provides considerable flexibility to manage resources, clients, projects and invoicing.
2. Is easy to use interface for staff to enter their time.
3. Has reasonably flexible reporting.
4. Includes good online system Help.
What do you dislike?
1. Reporting using pre-defined data sets does limit the reporting flexibility.
2. Can be confusing to configure at times because of the option to configure the same setting in multiple ways.
3. Doesn’t integrate with our cloud-based finance system.
4. Some configurations are limited, eg, invoicing frequency is set and new ones cannot be added.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Don't under-estimate the time it takes to configure the system. Even though it is a reasonably mature cloud solution, we found there is still a lot of configuration required to make sure it all works together. As with a lot of systems, one small configuration setting can lead to unforeseen consequences further down the workflow and can take some time to resolve.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We wanted a single system that could capture time and manage projects and (if configured properly) could produce a client invoice. Setting up the system as we did now virtually guarantees we can account for all of our staff's time and make sure we are invoicing our clients clients correctly with little manual effort in the process.