Keynote

Keynote for Mac makes it simple to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Updated for OS X El Capitan, Keynote employs powerful tools and dazzling effects that bring your ideas to life. You can work seamlessly between Mac and iOS devices. And work effortlessly with people who use Microsoft PowerPoint.

Work for Keynote?

Learning about Keynote?

Keynote Reviews

Showing 275 Keynote reviews
Keynote review by <span>Roman Y.</span>
Roman Y.

"One of the best tool for presentations with Live streaming"

What do you like best?

- Quality of the templates. It's very easy to choose theme and build your presentation upon it

- Animations. You can bulild your own Apple style presentations with it

- Web version. You can share your presentation with colleagues and edit this simultaneously even if your collegues don't have Mac computer

- Live streaming. Stream your presentation live only using link. Presentation live streaming can work not only on Mac's or Pc's but also on mobile. Just using browser.

What do you dislike?

- You can't stream voice during presentation

- Keynote is free only for new users

- You can export to Power Point format, but a lot of content becomes static

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you buy a new Mac you will get Keynote for free. You can share your presentations and edit this with web version using iCloud. Templates can speed up presentation creation, you don't need to be designer to create professional one.

Keynote is a great tool for creating beautiful presentations with strong animations and huge variety of templates. Also it's great to share presentation between collegues during conference and follow it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Keynote
Keynote review by <span>Nathan L.</span>
Nathan L.

"Keynote is great for simple presentations"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of using Keynote for projecting words during worship services.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't found a simple way to embed videos into Keynote, instead of having to get out of Keynote to a web browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say, if you're looking for a simple program, this is the one for you. It's extremely easy to use and easy to figure out as an Apple user. If you're looking for a more complex presentation system--this could still be for you, but I can't speak to that, because we keep our presentations pretty simple and unobtrusive.

Keynote has helped people at our church follow along with our worship services. It's aided our goal--to help people trust more firmly that Jesus has taken away all their sins freely and promised eternal life to all who simply trust in him as their Savior from sin.

Keynote has also been simple to use in order to export title images to iMovie creations.

What Presentation solution do you use?

Keynote review by <span>Jackie B.</span>
Jackie B.

"Create Presentations - In Any Format You Need"

What do you like best?

Keynote lets you create presentations that engage!, and in any format. You get a small number of templates, with stunning images and you can use them as a base and customize them from there. Once you're done you can save multiple versions, then send it out to your audience in any format you need: Pdf, word doc, auto-play slide show, with just one click. Keynote is exactly what Apple was built for - designs that engage your best audience.

What do you dislike?

Having newly converted from a PC to a Mac, I did have trouble getting used to Keynote. But I learned and now see great benefit from using it.

The other challenge is, if who you are sending a Keynote file to doesn't have Keynote, they just can't open it. It doesn't convert on it's own like so many other packages do. The solution is to ask first, then send a word doc, after you've completed the design in Keynote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't switched from PCS to Mac, now's the time. The visuals you can create to engage your customers using a Mac and Keynote are what will win you far more business than without. Be patient, it's not an easy switch, but once you get down the learning curve, and see the results, you'll be glad you did.

We had switched from PC to a company of Macs and MSFT 's Powerpoint wasn't working out at all. We also wanted to capitalize on the design capabilities of Apple.

Keynote review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

"Create more powerful presentations with Keynote"

What do you like best?

Keynote is a more advanced presentation tool than PowerPoint. It integrates with MacOSX, and even allows you to control the presentation from an Apple remote or an iPhone. My favorite feature is that I can embed a playable video file into the presentation, which eliminates the need to have a web browser open in the background. I am able to show a video to my audience without having to stop my presentation and go to the web browser, then return to the presentation, and try to find where I was.

What do you dislike?

iCloud integration could be better. Presentations lose features and slow down significantly through iCloud. Though you are able to import and export powerpoint files, many features and fonts are lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are primarily a Mac user who has to present to colleagues, conferences, or students, Keynote provides an easy to use tool that is more powerful than PowerPoint.

As a classroom teacher, I use presentations on a daily basis, both to teach my classes and also to provide some sort of visual aid in the classroom. I also use Keynote when I present professional development activities for my coworkers.

Keynote review by <span>Kevin H.</span>
Kevin H.

"Keynote"

What do you like best?

Keynote, unlike Powerpoint, is super intuitive to use because of the simple user-interface and limited, yet rich, set of options. Putting together interesting slide decks is quick and painless and the process is nearly self-explanatory with a little bit of poking around at the feature set. I also like that you can prototype interfaces for mobile devices using Keynote.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot to dislike but since it is not After Effects (which has an insanely deep learning curve), you cannot control your animations to the degree you can with a real animation software like After Effects. I wish there was great control of the animation speeds and ways to animate more objects. I'd also love more control in the video output or export option but again it's a presentation software and not an animation software. However, if there's anything Apple could improve, it is to make some of the animation tools more sophisticated (adjustable).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push the software as hard as you can; it can really help you make great presentations.

I use Keynote for all presentations but I also use it to prototype apps such as mobile phones and tablets. The fact that Keynote runs on both the iPhone and iPad means that I can prototype interactives using my phone or iPad which is really powerful.

Keynote review by <span>Jeff D.</span>
Jeff D.

"Aesthetically pleasing and captures attention! "

What do you like best?

I really like the professionalism of the program itself and how it captures the attention of the audiences that I have presented to. Time and time again, audience members say, "your presentations are amazing, how did you create that?" and I smile and say, "keynote" and then we have a great conversation. I like how you can transform a picture and use it to capture the right elements and overlay text. It's one of the most amazing applications I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

The time that it takes to produce a high quality visual is the major downfall for me, but, as a beginner, you don't have to put that much time in it for you to get the results you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly consider this if you want polished, professionals that audience members will remember. Using keynote is definitely not something you can put off to the last minute if you are looking to put together a stellar presentation.

Easily communicating information across to audience members and the benefits include me having each slide different to communicate with ease.

Keynote review by <span>Nick M.</span>
Nick M.

"Using Keynote to up your game"

What do you like best?

Keynote's use of animation in the presentations is a great use for those that aren't quite an expert designer yet. I especially like the transition animation where you can take one shape and morph it into another in the presentation. This aspect really elevates Keynote from other presentation tools out there.

What do you dislike?

It is not that I dislike this but a downside to keynote is that it is made for Mac, which as a designer is great for me since I work off of Mac's but for others it can be difficult to access when a PC is your go to computer. The cross platform technology is still butting heads between the two platforms and I'm not sure this issue will ever be resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote will help you accomplish your presentation goals while adding ease of use. the overall experience for using this product is pleasant and makes you want to continue using it.

Presentations for clients and potential clients. Trying to sell our product and demonstrate the best way to use so that the clients can get the most out of it.

Keynote review by <span>Mike K.</span>
Mike K.

"Great alternative to PowerPoint. "

What do you like best?

Keynote creates files that can be used with Microsoft Powerpoint. Excellent templates that I can use to create a fun, yet professional presentation. There are also a lot of hidden features, which is why I prefer it over Powerpoint. Another benefit of Keynote is that it comes free with the purchase of a new Mac, iPhone, or other IOS device. "Handing" off your documents works with little to no trouble.

What do you dislike?

Non-Mac users might struggle when trying to use Keynote. The interface, gestures, and set up will be confusing to non-mac users because it is something they are used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for Mac owners hesitant on paying extra for Microsoft Office.

Our office uses Macs and for us, we don't have to pay more money out of pocket having to buy Microsoft Office. User-friendly with apple devices. There are a lot of visually-appealing templates to choose from when creating a presentation. There are also a lot of interesting animations to make your presentation engaging.

Keynote review by <span>Aaron H. W.</span>
Aaron H. W.

"Great for much more than presentations"

What do you like best?

It's so fast to work with. Creating basic shareable graphics using InDesign or Illustrator takes a long time and has a steep learning curve. Making graphics with Keynote is incredibly fast and easy. Of course I use it for presentations, but I also use Keynote as a general illustration tool, or even a quick photo editor to knock out backgrounds, because the Instant Alpha tool "just works."

What do you dislike?

Keynote is not "supposed" to be an illustration tool, so it doesn't save non-standard slide sizes. You have to adjust each presentation if you want to make something that's 1:1 or 2:1, for example. But once you know it's there, you're not limited to a 4:3 or 16:9 canvas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote alone is a reason for me to not switch to Windows—it's so much better than PowerPoint, both as a presentation tool and as an illustration/layout tool. Sadly, Apple dropped the ability to export animations with an alpha channel a few versions ago, but you can get around it by using a green or black background and applying a chroma or luma key in your video editor.

Keynote is a fast layout/illustration tool when creating screen-based graphics or even basic animations. When I'm on a tight deadline or need a "quick 'n dirty" piece of art, I go to Keynote first because it's so quick to work with. I export animations from Keynote to Final Cut, because it's so much quicker than working in Motion. Yes, other tools give you more control, but they take so much longer to do the same thing that I can do in minutes using Keynote.

Keynote review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

"Great presentation tool for Apple users."

What do you like best?

Very professional results and appearance, very easy to use and very accessible (free with the purchase of Apple devices)

What do you dislike?

Migrating over from PowerPoint or exporting tp PowerPoint has some limitations. I am glad I have a laptop to play it from but in the situations where I need to use a usb drive on a PC, I have to do a number of tweaks and of course you lose the features you will love in Keynote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have an Apple device, why are you using PowerPoint?! Give Keynote a shot and you will love it!

Very easy to set up presentations I due for teams I train or audiences I speak to. Easy to make simple edits on my iPad or on my phone at the last minute, especially when saved on iCloud Drive.

Keynote review by <span>Tiffany L.</span>
Tiffany L.

"Good slideshow and presentation software"

What do you like best?

Has good design and is easy to learn for first-time users.

What do you dislike?

Isn't as compatible as PowerPoint and Google Slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is a worthy and comparable alternative to PowerPoint. It comes included with every Mac, Macbook, iPhone, and iPad, so anyone who has these products is able to just download it for free from the Mac App Store. This is a major plus, especially for budget-minded students who can't afford the fairly expensive Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.

Even though its free, I would still recommend Google Slides and Google Drive over it because of collaboration and compatibility features that Keynote still needs work on. Google Slides has collaboration features that PowerPoint and Keynote can't compete with. PowerPoint is widely used among all ages, professions, and settings. When importing a PowerPoint into Keynote, a lot of times the fonts and formatting gets changed or altered so it doesn't look as it should. When exporting a Keynote file to PowerPoint .pptx, the same thing happens. So I would still suggest PowerPoint over Keynote to those who will be working with others who have computers of different platforms and OS's.

Overall, Keynote is a really good alternative that's easy to use and has a lot of useful features. It's free, comes with plenty of templates, and is easy to customize. Compatibility and collaboration features are still lacking, so those who really need these should probably try other alternatives first.

Comes with every Apple product, so is a free alternative to the expensive PowerPoint.

Keynote review by <span>Connor R.</span>
Connor R.

"Keynote is great for presentations"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and simple keynote is to use. I can make quick presentations for a meeting or presentation that I am about to give. You can easily upload and edit different media into your presentation. Keynote is also compatible with almost any file type. Keynote works really well on mobile devices too.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is hard to create your own template and save it for future use. I use some of the same templates a lot and I have to recreate them each time. I also don't like how editing multiple items at once can cause some items to expand in size. If you select multiple items to move then sometimes it will resize everything to the same size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give keynote a try. It is very easy to use.

Keynote helps to create quick presentations for company meetings.

Keynote review by <span>Dan P.</span>
Dan P.

"Best presentation app out there"

What do you like best?

It's been the easiest to use for me as a designer who has created a lot of presentations for my companies. It's easy to make and design for. It has great version control to make sure I can always go back and revert to older better versions. And when it comes time to present, its been hugely reliable.

What do you dislike?

I'd like Keynote to work for Windows users. When it comes to business people it seems everyone uses Windows. When I'm trying to work on a presentation with many stakeholders, this can be a big drawback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very different from Powerpoint. But it's worth it to learn it and make the switch. It will make your job easier.

Keynote is great for creating presentations. Both for meetings, for events to show on large screens, and for sales. It's been fantastic for that.

Keynote review by <span>Hailey M.</span>
Hailey M.

"Keynote = PowerPoint for Designers"

What do you like best?

Keynote is a great little tool for building presentations. I'm not constantly building slide decks like the folks in sales and marketing, but I do use Keynote on a regular basis to communicate design standards, upcoming changes, and the like. It's simple, fast, and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty hard to find fault with anything Apple has built into Keynote. I guess my only complaint is that sometimes Keynote will garble files that were originally created, or edited at some point, in PowerPoint. Sometimes text or images will be out of place when this happens. Otherwise, it's a really solid application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See other notes in the review about compatibility with PowerPoint... otherwise, strongly recommend!

We use Keynote to create presentations for both internal and external use. It saves considerable time over PowerPoint.

Keynote review by <span>Shirin E.</span>
Shirin E.

"For a better looking presentation use Keynote especially if you like video clips"

What do you like best?

Take the same person with limited artistic ability and hand them keynote and powerpoint. It's almost certain that the keynote slideshow they put together will look better than what they do with Powerpoint. It's cleaner, had better alignment indicators and the templates out of the box are excellent.

What do you dislike?

My only concern is when you go up to present, for any reason that your laptop won't connect to the AV system you are stuck exporting your keynote into a different format. With that you will lose some formatting and if you have embedded video it most likely will not work. So it's not as supported as powerpoint is what my concern is here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need to export as a PDF or use some of the iCloud sharing function if you need to collaborate but it's far better looking than other presentation software.

We have to explain fairly complicated systems to clients and having clean diagrams and sometimes video makes all the difference in the world. Also, having nice looking templates out of the box allow is to focus on content rather than making it all look pretty.

Keynote review by <span>Diana C.</span>
Diana C.

"Simple, intuitive and fast. "

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for making presentations, I love it. I like using it both for desktop and for iphone and ipad, it's very convenient for me.

I like it because it's simple, intuitive and fast

What do you dislike?

The lack of some advanced features to be used in the mobile version on iphone and ipad.

It would be useful to be able to edit vector shapes.

Another of the important things that are missing is the possibility of working on layers.

One of the advantages I found is related to dynamic charts. I can create interactive graphs that allow you to verify the data during the presentation, and see the graph that updates dynamically.

This is very useful in my work, I often need to show evolving data.

I really appreciate the possibility of embedding video and audio.

Keynote review by <span>Anni V.</span>
Anni V.

"Not perfect but better than the rest!"

What do you like best?

For a long time I disliked Keynote....I was really into coding and thought it was, honestly, just too juvenile. But since then I have been forced to use it, and it's been just fine - and actually more than just fine, it's pretty swell! Really simple, which is good and bad I suppose depending on what you're looking for, and a real intuitive user interface which is easy to train newbies on.

What do you dislike?

Again, it's simple. Easy. No fancy gimmicks. The one thing I would change is the opportunities to customize presentations...they come from a standard palette of choices and I would like the option to be able to create my own from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent stuff. Worth it if you aren't looking for anything fancy!

Simple presentations that look professional and take very little time to compile!

Keynote review by <span>Jim K.</span>
Jim K.

"Slick & Easy Presentations with Apple Keynote"

What do you like best?

With relatively minimal effort, and an easier learning curve than PowerPoint, I can create a dynamic and compelling presentation. On the presentation side, I can control the presentation from my iPhone and even run the presentation directly from the iPhone if there's an AppleTV hooked up to the display.

What do you dislike?

Unlike PowerPoint, I don't think it's possible to deliver a presentation in presentation mode, effectively creating a "view only" version for distribution to others. This might be possible, but if so, creating it certainly isn;t as linear as saving a PPTX in PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free. No reason not to give it a try. Also, there are some great templates available from ThemeForest and CreativeMarket that help Keynote really pop.

Quick creation of visually compelling presentations for a wide assortment of business needs. Both to present corporate data internally and to solicit business externally.

Keynote review by <span>Lilly P.</span>
Lilly P.

"Great for Design Presentations"

What do you like best?

I use Keynote when I'm presenting designs internally to my team. It's a simple and effective tool for communicating ideas with great options for presentation and animation. If you've used PowerPoint, you'll feel right at home, but it's simpler and easier to use.

What do you dislike?

Keynote does fill a bit "stuck" in the conventions of Powerpoint. I often find myself messing with text formatting for much longer than I should have to in order to get things just right. While the tool works, it could definitely work better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a light-weight alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint, Apple's Keynote is a fantastic choice.

I use Keynote to communicate ideas to internal stakeholders and team members. It's a great presentation tool when used effectively.

Keynote review by <span>Tanya (Tatiana) G.</span>
Tanya (Tatiana) G.

"Advanced, creative slide show application "

What do you like best?

There are endless possibilities to create a very creative and presentable slide show. I enjoy the fact that the software comes with the purchase of the MacBook laptop (after 2013) unlike Microsoft Powerpoint which is quite pricey. Easy to upload your slide show to iCloud and Keynote would be able to create a link that anyone can use to view it. An ability to collaborate through other applications such as the messenger and mail.

What do you dislike?

Collaboration features needs improvement, only available for the Mac users which is understandable, however, would be much better if there was an option to edit it without a Mac. Need to purchase additional storage on iCloud if runout of memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very challenging to go from Microsoft Powerpoint to Keynote. However, if familiar with other Apple products such as Pages and Number, everything is very similar. I believe that to use the software to its fullest potential additional information is required - manuals or for instance, video tutorials. Difficulty exporting to pptx files as some of the features change dramatically. However, this can be avoided by exporting your presentation as a video file. There are some disadvantages to presenting a slide show from Keynote to video file and the major issue is the inability to view the notes for particular slides on your device.

Creating very unique slide shows and presenting them to the public. Presentation is outstanding, many features that allow to improve the overall feel of the slide show.

Keynote review by <span>Matt H.</span>
Matt H.

"The right presentation tool for a professional"

What do you like best?

Keynote is heads and shoulders above powerpoint and any other presentation software on several fronts: Ease of use, excellence of design, and smoothness of transitions.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that it is Mac-only, meaning that the place you are presenting has to have a Mac with Keynote, or you have to bring your own computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can control your own presentation from the podium WITH "laser pointer" effects and realtime drawing on slides. This can be very useful if used with care.

Creating professional-grade presentations for lectures, speeches, and sermons that make you look like a tech genius instead of a cliche business person. It is impossible to make a super-sharp powerpoint presentation. No matter how you are at slide design, Powerpoint's clunky typography and transitions denigrate your design.

Keynote review by <span>Laura Douglass M.</span>
Laura Douglass M.

"Custom Presentations in a Flash"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Keynote is the interoperability features that it can employ. I often work on presentations in Keynote on my Mac, but saving them in my iCloud means that I can edit or add to it from anywhere. It makes creating presentations so much more convenient and Apple allows easy access to the software on the go.

I also love the high level of customization that Keynote affords, especially as compared to Power Point or even Prezi. The predesigned templates are very visually appealing and useful on their own, but when it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I find that I'm able to better create presentations with the look and feel that I want through Keynote. The customization of color, font, theme, and slide styling is one of the abilities that makes Keynote as great as it is for me. .

What do you dislike?

For someone whose work is highly collaborative in nature, Keynote tends to not be great. Unlike Prezi, where multiple users can work simultaneously on the same presentation, Keynote is more of a lone wolf presentation software. I've heard collaboration features are in beta testing, but I imagine it will take a while to reach full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is a great product, especially for Apple iWork users, who will find it highly intuitive and easy to take advantage of all Keynote's customization features.

For those who are less comfortable with Apple software, Keynote could prove to be more challenging and less user friendly than Power Point, but it's worth the learning curve if you want to create really beautiful presentations.

Keynote makes great presentations for the workplace regardless of industry. I personally use it to create presentations for community groups and outside organizations to promote awareness of the collections in the library for which I work, but it can just as easily be used for any other business. In fact, it is probably more useful, with easy chart and data integration, things that aren't really found in library presentations.

Keynote review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design

"One of main tools in my design arsenal for designing awesome presentations."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and the less is more aspect. You can create great presentations without banging your head on the desk due to crashes and searching for features. There are templates (not my thing, more into custom work) and it works well on my Mac. There is also a version that can be used online (used awhile ago). Newer features such as working via a team on a deck (currently designing solo), usage on a PC and on the iPad and a way to go live with your presentations via Keynote Live.

What do you dislike?

I don't dig the templates, but some of the backgrounds are clean for a nice start. I don't like the fact that a lot of the clients I work with are afraid of it (not all, but some). I don't have a lot of dislikes since I have been successful using Keynote, but I do wish that typefaces were embedded (if so I missed that one) across the board for all users (the "other" software has the same problem for mac versions). I also use PowerPoint for presentation design and at times see a few things there that could be in Keynote or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just check it out. Check out videos or classes via Skillshare.com, Youtube.com, Lynda.com or Creative Live for lessons, ideas or tips/tricks.

I'm able to create awesome yet functional presentations for clients all over. Benefits include a clean and simple interface and features such as Magic Move (with good taste). There are other creators that have created great add-ons for Keynote, but I have yet to really use them.

Keynote review by <span>Lali K.</span>
Lali K.

"KeyNote"

What do you like best?

I like its clean, logical and user-friendly interface. It feels really comfortable and practical, I can put a presentation together in like 10 minutes, and it has a very professional look afterwards. I like the templates too, it's a great help.

What do you dislike?

It is missing some functions. Eg I just wanted to reduce spacing because it seemed too high, but the lowest I could go was 1.0 single spacing. I would have needed more like 0.75 for a good visual.

Well, it's not really solving any other problems like Power Point would, I guess its just the preference, which one you enjoy more and which computer you have. But it has a nice finish and a very user-friendly interface.

Keynote review by <span>Claire D.</span>
Claire D.

"Love Keynote!! "

What do you like best?

I love that Keynote has an autosave feature - it has saved me more than once. I also frequently use the 'save to PDF' feature, and the fact that I can save good/better/best makes the process much better (so I can send to brand partners without needing to re-save the PDF.) I really appreciate that Keynote feels more design-oriented and more intuitive than PowerPoint, which is what most people in our company are used to. They frequently comment on how 'clean' our slides look.

What do you dislike?

I'm so used to how certain things work in Illustrator (that I use on a daily basis, vs maybe 2x a week) that I find myself wishing there were some features that aligned a bit better. The one I wind up getting frustrated with the most is that I can't grab multiple items and resize them all together. Putting together decks for Design Reviews, I'm dealing with a lot of images, so being able to just select them all, grab a corner, and make everything smaller would be fab. Same goes for resizing text - I wish there was a way to resize it other than just going to the drop down menu.

My design team uses Keynote to present design reviews to our Brand Partners, showing all of the work and updates we've made over the past week or two. We rely on the quality and cohesiveness that Keynote allows us to have when presenting our work. We all prefer Keynote to PowerPoint, as it seems a bit more design-oriented.

Keynote review by <span>Tony D.</span>
Tony D.

"simple, effective presentations on you ipad"

What do you like best?

I use Keynote on the ipad, and I can tranisition easily to my laptop via icloud. the templates are fresh, the animations are smooth, and it is so much easier to edit and customize than powerpoint.

What do you dislike?

if there are alignment tools, i have yet to find them. that would be a welcome addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i especially like the ability to present via the icloud website. I can log in to my icloud account on a web browser and present with keynote so i don't need to bring my ipad, laptop, dongle or even a thumb drive. also? i can use my phone as a remote when presenting - so cool!

i have done multiple presentations with keynote. it makes me look professional and my business look slick.

Keynote review by <span>Stephanie T.</span>
Stephanie T.

"Keynote is user-friendly and has a sleek, professional design."

What do you like best?

I prefer Keynote over PowerPoint. It is easier to use and still holds all of the same functions and more. It's very easy to embed videos and URLs. The text formatting is really easy. This program is very quick to learn. I remember taking some time to get the hang of the ins and outs of PowerPoints. And this program came very easily for me.

What do you dislike?

I find that it is pretty slow to save and open slideshows. There is also some format differentiation when I open the slideshows on different computers. Though I like Keynote more than PowerPoint, I still prefer GoogleSlides over all three.

Keynote is our main program for presentations at work. It is a professional and sleek design.

Keynote review by <span>Viacheslav K.</span>
Viacheslav K.

"SImple tool for presentations"

What do you like best?

- Quality of the templates. You have a lot of pre-defined templates to choose from with beautiful fonts and color themes

- Live streaming. You can share link and stream your presentation live

- Collaboration. Edit your presentation with collegues just like in Google Slides

- Supports import and export from PPTX format

- You can export your presentations to PDF or images

What do you dislike?

- Live streaming doesn't support voice. Only video

- If you export to PowerPoint some effects will be lost

- You shoud pay for this if you buy old Mac

- Sometimes if you edit presentation simultaneously with other users, you can't see changes right now on desktop version of Keynote. Some delay can happen here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely if you need great looking presentation and you have Mac - Keynote is a great way to do this. A lot of templates can help with design of your presentation.

Simple and easy to use product that is free for Mac users. You can create beautiful presentations very quickly and have some interesing animations and effects that Powerpoint can't provide.

Keynote review by <span>Marcos G.</span>
Marcos G.

"Forget about PowerPoint... FOREVER!!"

What do you like best?

Its way cooler than PowerPoint!! Its much easier to use... But the thing I like the most is the built-in animations and transitions... They are awesome!! You'll make extraordinary presentations in no time!

What do you dislike?

That it only works on Mac... It should have a version for Windows, since we have a lot of editing stations working on PC's

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it... Many Macs include it for free... If not, its worth every buck! I swear!

We make better looking presentations and animated videos and in half the time with Keynote than with PowerPoint... Thanks to its intuitive UI and features, you´ll have plenty of editing options.. It really easy to use. you can learn by yourself... I did!!

Keynote review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

"Good app to make a quick slideshow from your phone"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can make a quick presentation with so many custom options from the colors, textures, layout, etc. on your PHONE is definitely something to take note of. Not to mention, the wireless capabilities of streaming the slideshow or sending it anywhere makes it even easier, including the ability to use your phone as the remote to present the slideshow on different sources. Photo integration and collaboration is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would dislike is how small it is but, given the platform, you do know you're doing it on a phone so you should expect the size to be smaller to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need the availability to get presentations together on the go or at your leisure, this is the app that I would suggest.

Quick presentations/presentations on the go have become easy - even if they are just informative.

Keynote review by <span>Andy P.</span>
Andy P.

"Everything you need for presentations"

What do you like best?

The ability to work "on the go" on an iPad and sync changes via iCloud, the templates are very quick and easy to work with, integration with other MacOS applications (Photos, etc) works well. The ability to open PowerPoint files, once you get past the fact that they might not look quite right, is really good when working with non-iOS/MacOS users.

What do you dislike?

If you have a "corporate standard" PowerPower deck then getting a KeyNote version is extra work (not that difficult, but font differences, etc. mean it's never exactly right), in a mixed environment with PowerPoint and KeyNote (PC and Mac) presentations don't always render the same way on different devices which tends to lead to KeyNote users creating PowerPoint "versions" of their presentations in order to be sure they can present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixed environments are difficult to manage and can lead to multiple versions of files as users "make sure" it will work (plus a PDF to be *really* sure!).

The ability to make presentations on-the-go on MacOS devices (primarily iPads, but also MacBook Air's). Users are more productive with KeyNote than they would be with PowerPoint (on Office 365 for example).

Keynote review by <span>Scott S.</span>
Scott S.

"Presentations are a breeze with Apple Keynote"

What do you like best?

Keynote is easy to use, powerful presentation software available on macOS and iOS devices.I like that I can easily add slide transitions and effects, animate objects and even export as Powerpoint or a movie or PDF to share notes with my viewers. I can collaborate with other users via the recent Collaborate function via macOS, iOS or the web. Keynote Live allows me to share my presentation live via a web page link for remote viewers.

What do you dislike?

Keynote was "dumbed" down to accommodate the iOS version after iWork 09 (Apple's office suite which includes Pages, Keynote and Numbers) was updated to the current version. Features have slowly been added back in since the initial re-release. The current version as of this writing is 7.0.5

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to a sleek alternative to the cumbersome Powerpoint and us a Mac or iOs device, Keynote is a winner.

I use Keynote both in teaching classes as well as a training/presentation tool in my current job. I have also created video intros and outros with Keynote as well as animated info graphic style presentations.

Keynote review by <span>Daniel K.</span>
Daniel K.

"Sleek & Professional"

What do you like best?

I have been using Apple Keynote for a little over five years now, and I must tell you it is wonderful. I have been using this as a replacement for my presentations at work over Microsoft PowerPoint due to the number of options available with this incredible software. I love how you can literally customize your slides to make them flow really well with your presentation. It can make an audience's jaw drop.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how little functionality there is between Apple and Microsoft products. When I want to use Keynote in an office when there is only Microsoft PCs available, it is very difficult. I wish Apple would provide alot of the installation drivers to Microsoft to allow for their product to work across all platforms.

I am actively using Keynote to increase productivity in workplace meetings. I've noticed enormous benefits in terms of my message getting across to my students. Usually my people would fall asleep or not pay attention to what I'm saying because of some boring charts or text on the slides, but with Keynote they are actively engaged.

Keynote review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Keynote for Mac Beginners"

What do you like best?

I think Keynote is pretty intuitive for someone that isn't familiar with Mac programs. While it was a transition when I first used it, to put together a nice, professional looking presentation was really easy. The best part about it is that it now comes pre-loaded onto any Macbook or iMac. A few years ago it used to be $20 in the app store, but for a free product it's definitely worth it to try.

What do you dislike?

Wider variety of preset themes would be useful for businesses. It may be a bit of a transition when using Powerpoint then switching to Keynote. It also may not be useful if your business operates on Windows systems. Keynote is not compatible with Microsoft machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use a Mac system, I would say it's worth giving a try before buying the subscription for Microsoft Office suite. Mac's built in office programs aren't perfect (Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc) but Keynote is a really nice tool for creating simple, good looking presentations.

I think Keynote is really nice for setting up simple presentations for businesses that may not have the resources to use more expensive programs like Adobe InDesign. The interface feels less busy than Powerpoint, so I feel like that makes it easier for the average user to learn Keynote a bit faster than Powerpoint.

Keynote review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"Easy to learn and even easier to use!"

What do you like best?

Keynote is an amazing technology that far exceeds its competitors in interface, useability, ability to save in different formats and much more! Keynote has simplified my job so much and is VERY easy to use and learn. There are so many features that really allows the user to maximize time and get things done efficiency- not only that, but customizable features that you can use to make a great presentation.

What do you dislike?

Keynote files are very large and can be difficult to share with clients/other employees but this can be easily solved by converting to a PDF and compressing the PDF.

We present to clients several times a day and this is the easier and most visually pleasing way to do it! We have created branded templates that represent our company- which are easily duplicated and customized towards each client. A great way to make sure all of your employees presentations are on brand and easy to use, never starting from scratch unless necessary.

Keynote review by <span>Clifford M.</span>
Clifford M.

"Note Just Presentations"

What do you like best?

A few years ago, I was tasked with creating motion graphics for our digital signage (http://www.fourwindsinteractive.com/) and I had two options available: Photoshop or Powerpoint. Photoshop couldn't easily create motion graphics, not could I easily create transitions between displays. Powerpoint, on the other hand, could create templates and quickly input the text, but it all looked boring and drab.

And then I realized I had Keynote on my Macbook. It was not something I had used and I had expected it was like a simpler version of Powerpoint, but the few presentations I had seen before were crisp and clean. I ended up realizing that I could create presentations, export them as static images for the display, or even as a series of movies that could be used within my signage. Not only for transitions, but adding dramatic elements to the signage that was often subtle, but kept attention to it. Compared to Powerpoint, it was elegant...Powerpoint felt like a brutal hammer that got the job done, but was created by people with absolutely no artistic value. There are other tools out there that can do this, but I am not an artist. Nor am I in this world. I prefer to use the quickest application available that gives me the cleanest results. And this was it.

Since then, I have transitioned to ONLY using Keynote for any presentation, even if I have to eventually export it to Powerpoint format. It will lose a little in the translation, but still quicker to get the same results than using Microsoft's tools.

What do you dislike?

The web collaboration is the only way to collaborate with someone on another operating system. It is still in beta years later. It works, but barely.

Some of the more advanced features are hidden behind panes and popups and this makes it difficult at times to get great results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac, you should check it out. It is free on most new machines. And inexpensive on others.

Digital signage, presentations, and recently Keynote Live where folks can watch the presentation from any computer without other specialized software.

Keynote review by User in Research
User in Research

"Great product, not super user friendly."

What do you like best?

When you use Keynote to make presentations, you get a very streamlined product at the end that interfaces very well with all of Apple's devices. I like the ease of making a presentation combined with the ease of presentation mode on any apple device. It is extremely helpful to have all keynote presentations backed up to the iCloud with access from any Apple device for quick viewing and modifications.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble formatting Keynote presentations sometimes, particularly when it comes to text. Images, however, are super easy to manipulate and move around within the slides. It can also be difficult to export keynote files to .pptx files while maintaining all the features and formatting of the presentation. This can make it difficult to present a keynote presentation on any non-Apple device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Keynote to anyone wanting a presentation software that integrates well with Apple products. Particularly, it works well on the MacBook Pro 2016 with touchbar by providing you presentation options on the toucher during the presentation mode, including a timer and thumbnail images of each slide.

I use Keynote to put together research presentations and I've found that using this software is particularly helpful when I want to move from one computer or device to another. It has been extremely helpful to have the presentations on keynote backed up to an iCloud, so I am able to access my presentations anywhere from my phone or tablet.

Keynote review by <span>Mike P.</span>
Mike P.

"This is the presentation software you will actually WANT to use."

What do you like best?

The interface Apple has created for this app is much better than its competitor apps, menus are more intuitive and the program does exactly what it's supposed to, create presentations. The interface is great with the pre-made slides and examples of what you can do in a beautiful easy to choose from menu interface. This absolutely is a program that doesn't leave you wanting more, it actually delivers on all the features you will need to put together a great looking presentation.

What do you dislike?

Sharing of Keynote files with PC users, this is a mac only app, but you are able to save the file as a Powerpoint compatible file. However I have experience issues with certain parts and pieces of my file to working correctly or not formatting the same way. A thing to consider when creating files for clients, you have to be sure that you can hand over all the working files and attachments with confidence that they will be able to see what you do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide whether your team will be able to share the keynote files seamlessly, are you on macs? will your recipients need to edit the files? are they on mac? This is a great tool but it can have drawbacks if you are not thinking of these key compatibiliy concerns. You need to consider your overall team machine ecosystem and consider what will benefit all with regard to compatibility and seamless collaboration on files.

We mainly use this program when we need to deliver a presentation for a proposal that we need to be able to collaborate with other departments. Not all computers are able to use a design software, but they can all handle this useful application with no issues.

Keynote review by <span>Kyle D.</span>
Kyle D.

"Review of Keynote"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to create a presentation for the kids that I work with. I am involved in programming and we propresenter so I can create presentations on it that embed with Pro. I like how you can create motion graphics and it is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it cannot do graphs as well as powerpoint. Otherwise, I like it a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is recommended for people who are create pretty simple presentations that look real good easily. Great for propresenter.

It helps me with programming presentations and to create graphics for our environments.

Keynote review by <span>Alexandra K.</span>
Alexandra K.

"Tool for Presentations"

What do you like best?

KeyNote is a professional tool to create good looking presentations. I immediately felt confident using it and I also enjoy creating different charts and diagrams out of raw numbers. I feel like the colorful diagrams keeps people`s attention more than a table, and also helps them to understand more what I am talking about.

What do you dislike?

I think I had some problems before with the compatibility with Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool, on Mac computers I prefer to use it instead of PPT.

Poliforma Kft is mainly involved in adult education, so it is really important for us to make our classes as interesting as we can and also to give some learning materials to our students. KeyNote is a very good presentation tool that we like to use.

Keynote review by User in Higher Education

"Keynote's visual features stun and outperform "

What do you like best?

I really like the aesthetics that Keynote facilitates with the easy to import and incorporate media. The ease of click and drag with photos onto your presentations saves time and allows for customization. The theme options are extensive and allow a multitude of options.

What do you dislike?

The menu and toolbar are not easy to find the proper tools. It might be as a result of being so used to PPT however I find the toolbar sometimes difficult to navigate. Integration with excel is challenging at best and working with others on PC who use PPT makes it difficult to collaborate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote provides opportunity to better incorporate media and improve aesthetics for company presentations.

Using Keynote has improved our presentations as well as saved time in preparing them. In comparing to PPT, Keynote allows for more creativity and freedom in the design and formatting.

Keynote review by <span>Susie K.</span>
Susie K.

"Need a design hack? Keynote is the answer."

What do you like best?

Keynote is primarily known for creating slides, and that's what I normally use it for as well, but for such a simple and basic software, there are so many things you can do with Keynote. I've been working as a graphic designer for 4+ years and am proficient in most design tools, but Keynote is still my go-to software for a quick design hack. Keynote is very versatile and user-design-and-beginner-friendly, and that's what I love the most about it!

What do you dislike?

Not much, given that Keynote is a basic slides tool that can do much more than what it promises the users up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is probably the most versatile and easy-to-use software for anyone. And it really is meant for Anyone, from middle school students or corporate executives for their presentations, or for designers for mockups or quick visual design.

I use it regularly to make pitch decks for my startup, whether it's a somewhat traditional design meant for business partners or investors, or for large public audiences with lots of visuals and interactions. I also use it as a design mockup tool for my mobile app software to test on users, when it doesn't have to include hotspots. I use it to create carousel ads/posting design for our social media, mainly facebook.

Keynote review by <span>Christopher P.</span>
Christopher P.

"Keynote Better than PowerPoint"

What do you like best?

Keynote offers a much more significantly comfortable user interface. Compared to PowerPoint and other free or animated presentation software, using Keynote gives a better overall experience. One of the most important things to do in presentations is to develop and outline. Being able to plan out ideas is crucial to a presentations success. The left sidebar and ease of use of keynote to design and use the outline section at the same time as designing is what really creates a positive user experience. As an apple user the best part about Keynote is that I can access it anywhere I have wifi access and my Apple Account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Keynote text boxes are too long. The default for the templates and slides creates such a large text box that it makes maneuvering around the slide difficult at times. The text box should be as wide or tall as the text in the box, making the box so much larger is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this for a week and you'll never go back.

Using Keynote it solves many design problems. Working in the design and sales industry, it is very easy to be successful when you have access to applications such as keynote. The interface is smoother and easier than PowerPoint, so this solves the problem of having to use PowerPoint to create a presentation.

The other benefits I have realized is that I can get my work done much faster using Keynote than other presentation software.

Keynote review by <span>Buddy O.</span>
Buddy O.

"Elegant and Sharp Presentation Software"

What do you like best?

Keynote makes it easy to do a professional looking presentation. It is packed with quality cinematic transitions that are elegant, classy, and still eye catching. You can create real drama with the presentation in a simple yet profound way.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have had difficulty with is transitioning the presentation over to Powerpoint. Occasionally I am in a situation where I have to send the presentation to a non-mac colleague, and it never seems to export and convert very well. This is a very minor inconvenience as you can export to PDF and it will present on any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is definitely worth a look. The tools give you options that you don't have with other presentation software and the learning curve is very low.

The professionalism of the pitch goes way up with Keynote. You can tell the story to the client in a much more dramatic way. I work exclusively in a mac environment and can always be confident that when i make presentations for clients, they will be presented in the way we intended.

Keynote review by <span>Adam R.</span>
Adam R.

"A sleek, simple, and creative way to produce a presentation"

What do you like best?

Keynote's simplicity to make beautiful, modern, and attractive presentations. My first presentation software was Microsoft PowerPoint, but after I tried out Keynote, I never wanted to go back. Keynote is easier and more intuitive than PowerPoint, and it takes less time and effort to make the presentation look professional.

What do you dislike?

While the design is simplified from other presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint, it creates a little more time to navigate the menus to edit different aspects of the presentation like tab spaces, fonts, shape editing, etc. Other presentation software have these tools in a top menu that makes it easier to find and use regularly, while Keynote forces you to keep clicking through tabs to get back and forth between fonts, arranging boxes, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to presentation software, Keynote will make it easy to jump in. It's quick and easy to learn, and while there are many features "under the hood" that you can use to create even better presentations, you do not need to know how to use those to make beautiful and clear presentations.

If you're migrating from Microsoft PowerPoint, you will find Keynote to be easier to use and will make better quality presentations all around. At first, it may seem like PowerPoint has more features than Keynote, but after you spend more time with it, you will find most of the same features within the deeper parts of the program.

My role within my "business" is office administrator. I serve within a local church where I help both people in the office and people within our body communicate their vision and events more clearly to those in their circles. The "problems" I'm solving is how to get the important messages these people have to the audience who needs it. With Keynote, I help people in my office communicate their message more clearly. Using Keynote, they have found an easier alternative compared to PowerPoint that helps them more easily create attractive presentations more quickly. Doing this, it saves them time and gives them the ability to catch people's interest and have more time to invest into people ultimately.

Benefit-wise, it gives the people in my office, and the team of visual communicators I've trained who serve on Sunday morning worship services to create attractive and sleek advertisement and word slides that help people hear the message of Jesus easily and quickly.

Keynote review by <span>Laurel S.</span>
Laurel S.

"Keynote is my jam - no more PPT!"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? It's not PowerPoint. After many years of struggling with PPT, I was thrilled when Apple came out with their superior, native version. The user interface is pretty simple - although the most recent upgrade (7.0) required a learning curve before I could find everything again. But that aside, it's superior in just about every way to PPT. The templates are more sophisticated, it's way easier to format slides, and there are many more ways to jazz up presentations (slide transitions, builds, animations, etc.). In general, it's very easy to make a slide deck that looks professional without being cheesy. If you use Apple products, you'll be able to find your way around this software pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

Still in the minority - most of our clients use PPT so we have to convert decks to PPT once in a while, but more often we just PDF everything. It can be difficult to import text or objects from MS Word or PPT. It can be cumbersome to do a global font replacement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already a Mac user and haven't tried Keynote, you owe it to yourself to try it. It's not PPT - it's better than PPT. Once you learn how to use it, you'll make the switch easily. The only downside would be if you already have many decks in PPT that need to be converted - it will take time and effort, as some of the formatting does not carry over from PPT to Keynote.

We needed a better solution than PPT to create compelling slide decks, so that we can present our work to clients in the best possible format. We are an all Apple shop, so implementing Keynote was fast and easy. Everyone can use it and make changes to slides; we don't have to wait for a PPT genius to come in and fix formatting or make edits. Our presentations look great and are a big part of our brand.

Keynote review by <span>Ensener N.</span>
Ensener N.

"Awesome presenter app!"

What do you like best?

The feature is simple and easy. I love how I can add pretty much anything to my slides. The transitions are smooth and the output sounds are great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I need a specific remote to use it with the app. Although I use my phone to change my slides, it be nice to use the program with any remote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Keynote as it is as simple as they get.

Communication is a big thing at our church. It is awesome to use keynote to communicate in a simplified way, our goals to our staffs.

Keynote review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"After a short learning-curve, Keynote is smoother to use than PowerPoint."

What do you like best?

The portability of my presentations. Depending on the situation, it's very easy to present on a laptop or iPad. It's also convenient to control the presentation from my Apple Watch.

What do you dislike?

The largest hurdle for me was unlearning PowerPoint conventions. After a short time, though, I found it just as easy, if not more so, to manipulate text and images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to unlearn PowerPoint....

Keynote makes it easy to give presentations on a variety of devices and even switch from one device to another. We had to change locations in the middle of a meeting and Keynote's flexibility let me stop and restart without a hitch.

Keynote review by <span>Madhu S.</span>
Madhu S.

"One of the best slideshow programs for Mac OS"

What do you like best?

I love Keynote for 6 reasons:

1) Awesome templates

Keynote has some very beautiful built in templates that look almost like magazines or movie posters. They also use some beautiful animations.

They are very easy to customize.

I never fail to get nice comments about presentations when I use them.

2) Auto correct integration

Keynote is one of the few slideshow applications that works with Mac OS's built in autocorrect.

This is a huge time saver, as it catches all your typos.

Of course, it can sometimes lead to muddled-up words. But Keynote also works with Mac OS's text-to-speech tool, so run it in that and you can catch all mistakes.

3) iCloud integration

Keynote is fully integrated with iCloud, so you can access your presentations on any system that has a browser. If using an Apple device, you can access documents via a native Keynote app which keeps things fast and snappy. For all other platforms you have to use a web browser, which is almost as good as the real apps.

4) It's free to use with free updates!

Keynote used to be paid for, but now it is free.

This is a big plus over Microsoft Powerpoint which is subscription based.

(You can also buy Microsoft Powerpoint outright, but then you don’t get new updated versions for free).

All new updated versions of keynotes are free as well!

5) Light, snappy and fast

A lot of Mac presentation software can be a little on the sluggish side. Keynote doesn't have this problem. It is fast and snappy.

6) Built in re-versioning

You can easily use the ‘Revert to’ command, to jump back to an older version of your slides. Back-ups are made automatically while you work so there is nothing to remember.

What do you dislike?

Key note has the following disadvantages

1) New updates are not released regularly

Apple normally only adds new features once or twice a year. This isn't too bad as Keynote already has everything most people need. But a quicker pace of new features would be great!

2): Spell checker is weak.

Spell checker often gives wrong suggestions. It’s too bad that it doesn't integrate with the Google spellcheck API as that never fails to give accurate suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is available for free, so you can try it out without any investment.

You can export all your slides in a variety of formats, so you don’t have to worry about being stuck in Keynote if you change your mind. But with all the great features Keynote has, you probably won't want to stop using it.

I use Keynote to make presentations.

I never fail to get praise about my presentations when I use Keynote as the slides and animations always look stunning.

The iCloud integration is excellent, as I can quickly make last minute changes even when I am not using my own computer!

Keynote review by <span>Lajos D.</span>
Lajos D.

"Good alternative of PPT"

What do you like best?

Very professional looking, built-in templates, the designs of charts and diagrams look great. I feel confident working with KeyNote.

What do you dislike?

The compatibility of opening .ppx and saving is not the greatest. So if I send my presentation made by Keynote to my colleagues who use Power Point, often they get error messages that some parts cannot be converted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, you can create some pretty cool presentations.

I have tried PPT, KeyNote and Prezi as well. Time wise, I can create a presentation with Keynote the fastest and they always look professional. However, the Prezi presentations are the most eye-catching, but it takes me hours to create them that`s why I prefer KeyNote, more practical and efficient.

Keynote review by <span>Rafael G.</span>
Rafael G.

"Simple, effective software!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability Keynote gives me to create dynamic, effective presentations. The user experience is smooth and mostly intuitive for users of any skill level.

What do you dislike?

Because Keynote is primarily an Apple product, designing presentations on a PC can be somewhat awkward at times. Improved functionality and features across all platforms would be appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out as an alternative to the ubiquitous nature of PowerPoint. It offers some features that outshine PowerPoint. However, its full functionality can best be experienced on the Mac.

Keynote solves the problem of lackluster, unpolished presentations. From business meetings to educational use and everything in between, uses of any proficiency can find an excellent means to quality presentations.

Keynote review by <span>Victor P.</span>
Victor P.

"Visually more engaging than PowerPoint"

What do you like best?

Although I've used PowerPoint longer than I've used Keynote, I find Keynote easier to use for most types of visual presentations—there must be some reason why the world is seemingly overrun with sleep-inducing PowerPoint slide decks filled with text-heavy slides. Keynote is macOS-only, so Windows users are out of luck. I'm tempted to say that Keynote is, by itself, almost reason enough to get a Mac. Although PowerPoint has greatly improved (especially in Office365), I still find Keynote a more approachable tool overall.

What do you dislike?

When collaborating with PowerPoint-using colleagues, the exported format from Keynote sometimes lacks fidelity to the original, especially for certain builds and transitions. I also think it could use layers to better organize onscreen elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on a Mac and don't need to produce 100%-native PowerPoint presentations for compatibility with your Windows-using colleagues, give Keynote a try and get a feel for its visually-oriented approach to slide deck design. You might be pleasantly surprised. It may not have all the bells and whistles of PowerPoint, but in this case that's probably a good thing.

I'm trying to avoid text-heavy slides, and PowerPoint seems to encourage more text-on-a-page, perhaps owing to its outlining roots. Keynote started as a much more visually-oriented presentation tool, so it lends itself to a text-sparse approach. It may not be for everyone, but the results are usually better-looking than the average business PowerPoint slide deck.

Keynote review by <span>Martin T.</span>
Martin T.

"Very good tool for data and information presentation"

What do you like best?

The presentations I create always looks very professional, eye-catching and visually appealing. I like using the pies, charts and diagrams too because it makes raw information easily understandable.

What do you dislike?

I like the software, it just works fine for me. No bad comments about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it a lot. But I think you can only use it on Mac computers, I don`t think it has a windows version.

I was bored using Power Point and I was looking for something new that betters fits my needs. That`s when I found KeyNote, and I really enjoy working with it, I feel my presentations are better, and the audience pays more attention to me.

Keynote review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great for rendering helpful timeline and workflow visuals"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in rendering simple images. In addition, it doubles as a very creative way to present information in a presentation format on apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Generally, this software is only compatible with Apple devices which is okay for me but not for those who have a primal distaste for Apple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to anyone for creating visuals. Images are easily imported and anyone is able to use.

I am able to use Keynote to create simple to understand visuals to help set goals for projects and give people better ideas as to how and when things are going to be done for projects. It is also easily teachable to many people are able to use it.

Keynote review by <span>Jenni S.</span>
Jenni S.

"The first choice for Presentations"

What do you like best?

Keynote has the best templates I have been able to find for presentations. They adapt well, are eye-catching and can be customized to fit my needs. In addition, keynote allows for easy uploading of elements designed through other design programs and provides a seamless experience.

What do you dislike?

Video editing could be better. I struggle when trying to include multimedia elements. This could be user error, but I feel like its easier in powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is not a program for a newbie to presentations, but for someone who has some design skill and wants to have more freedom to control the look and feel of a presentation I highly recommend it.

I use Keynote for both internal and external presentations when I want to wow people on the graphics. THe problem I have run across is that Powerpoint is the Kleenex of presentation software and occasionally people get frustrated that I cant allow them to edit the slides on their PC.

Keynote review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"A more polished, artistic Slide designer"

What do you like best?

Keynote is a presentation software, similar to PowerPoint with a focus on design and visual experience. Mac users receive Keynote for free while Powerpoint is a paid piece of software. Keynote's UI is user friendly and their magicmove transitions make presentations flow together better than powerpoint.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about keynote is that other people don't use it, so its not as easy to work with in a professional setting. You can open powerpoint presentations in keynote, but the formatting is usually disrupted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are presenting using a Mac computer with Keynote installed, exporting a Keynote as a PDF instead of of a powerpoint will lead to less formatting errors, but it will also remove slide builds.

Creating visually appealing presentations quickly and easily.

Keynote review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

This tool is so common that everyone should learn it. It allows you to create beautiful and professional looking presentations in a very short amount of time. There are thousands of beautiful templates you can choose from or that you can download online. You can create things very quickly and use the tool to make something on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the templates, I wish there were ways to customize the templates even further. Or to have even more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Keynote is good for presenting materials in a clear and concise way. The benefits are that others can easily follow along and, most importantly, easily access the information after the presentation as reference.

Keynote review by <span>Joshua J.</span>
Joshua J.

"Keynote"

What do you like best?

Keynote is an easy to use presentation software with the right amount of bells and whistles for a basic use program, it is visually stunning and easy to use, even if you are not a pro user of Microsoft PowerPoint. Plugging in photos and audio is much easier in this version of a presentation software

What do you dislike?

Keynote is not a widely accepted file format, and when transitioning over to a Powerpoint format, some things are altered. Only works on Macs or in iCloud, but if you have one of those, it's likely you won't be using powerpoint anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is a great, and free, alternative to Microsoft Office for the Mac. Set up iCloud and save your presentations there for always backed up presentations, and watch some of the tutorials online at apple.com

The ability to create professional presentations in an expedient way is very possible with Keynote. Even wit basic templates, it looks as if much time was spent on preparing the presentation.

"Better than PowerPoint"

What do you like best?

I like that Keynote is intuitive, and not as difficult to use as Adobe products, while still creating an elevated finished product (better than PowerPoint). I like the templates that are available, and it also has useful features like being able to center or align text or images easily.

What do you dislike?

Presentations take up a lot of space, so sometimes when exporting to PDF, I have to use lower quality images than I would like in order to be able to send the document via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuitive enough that you do not need extensive training to use, but a better finished product than similar programs.

In our industry, we rely a lot on presentations and creative decks for both internal pitching and external event use, so Keynote is an essential tool.

Keynote review by <span>Mariana I.</span>
Mariana I.

"Better, prettier and easier than powerpoint"

What do you like best?

The templates. You do not actually see Keynote's templates everywhere just like you do with Powerpoint's, to begin with.

As every Apple software, Keynote is really easy to use because it is intuitive.

Animations are cool and it is really easy to order them. I love that I can change the order all the times I want by just changing a number.

Also, I love that I can control the presentation with an iPhone or with the Watch. Also, being able to edit so easy the keynote in the iPhone is beautiful.

Being able to open .ppt and edit is really good.

The way you can add and edit tables is just amazing.. just like having a little sheet of Numbers.

What do you dislike?

You cannot hide the right panel and sometimes it is annoying because sometimes I need to edit the slide while I show it and that panel makes me put the slide smaller.

Sometimes Keynote crashes when I update the format of the text.

There is an important lack of shapes.. even though you can draw whatever you want, there are some others that would be nice to have them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something different, easy to use, new and intuitive, Keynote is a good option.

If you need to share your creation with other people and they use Powerpoint is not a good idea because everything is moved (text, images, shapes) when you pass it to powerpoin format.

Keynote is simple, easy to use and intuitive. There are some features that can be added but being now able to collaborate online and live, be different and original is worth it.

I am the only employee that uses Keynote and it is nice to create presentations that are different because my coworkers are sorprised and not bored of watching the same theme again.

I use Keynote just when the presentation is not a formal one because we have our own template.

Also, all the typographies, colors, templates and more help me when I make Design Thinking presentations.

Keynote review by <span>Meg D.</span>
Meg D.

"Love it. Hate using powerpoint."

What do you like best?

I love that it provides so many tools that you can use it for a number of different tasks. You can of course use it for generating presentations, but I also use it for doing quick mock-ups and creating simple graphics.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that not everyone uses it. Someone will email you a powerpoint and you'll have to deal with that mess of converting the files back and forth and losing some of the formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are transitioning from Power Point to Keynote it will take some getting used to. The terminology and controls are different. But once you switch you wont want to go back.

I've used it for creating presentations, graphics, and mock-ups. I've also used it for keeping track of notes and collaborating with others.

Keynote review by <span>Bhavika S.</span>
Bhavika S.

"Keynote is easy to use and pleasing to the eye"

What do you like best?

I like how easily you can navigate style, formatting, alignment and templates in Keynote. Slides are much easier to create in Keynote than Powerpoint in my opinion. I also like that you can edit chart data right in Keynote.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike - I guess the only thing would be allowing people who don't have Keynote to open a Keynote file as a PDF if they don't have it but I suppose that's not too fixable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of whether your background is in Mac or PC, tend to find that PC users don't find Keynote as easy to use at first.

I have business templates that I can use which is increasing the efficiency with which I can create presentations. That's a huge benefit. Additionally, time spent creating presentations in Keynote is less than time spent in PowerPoint which is a net benefit.

Keynote review by <span>Akshay C.</span>
Akshay C.

"First step in building beautiful slide decks."

What do you like best?

- Keynote has a right balance of tool and settings. Instead of giving you 6 types of heading, you only have ability to choose typeface weights that are installed on your Macbook. This way you never have inconsistent font sizes on your slides.

- Scaling images is always proportional. On Powerpoint you have to press shift on Keynote.

- Color palettes can be exported and imported. This is useful for sharing brand color with an organization.

What do you dislike?

- SVGs can't be added on Slides.

- Keynote does not have line height or character tracking and kerning.

- Keynote only relies on system fonts on Mac, doesn't come with good typefaces like Proxima Nova, Montserrat, Lato which are present by default on Google Slides.

- Some presenters/clickers don't work properly with Keynote. For example Logitech R800 works with Keynote out of the box, but Blank screen and play slideshow doesn't work.

- Keynote does have grids which is disappointing for most visual designers.

- You cannot layout multiple images in empty frames like you can do in InDesign.

- Image adjustments tools are basic you would need Photoshop for building Brand Design Guidelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For business school students and people giving presentations in general please don't embarrass yourselves get a Macbook Pro and make presentations on Keynote that look 10 times more stunning.

Building great presentation, RFPs, Business Models, Financial reports beautifully with ease. Drag and drop interface allows you to beautifully layout your content.

Keynote review by G2 Crowd User in Human Resources
G2 Crowd User in Human Resources

"Keynote Review"

What do you like best?

-Clean interface that's easy to navigate

-Animation and transitions available but not front and center and tacky like PowerPoint

-Can be used as more than just a presentation: I often use Keynote for creating live demos of a design project, some examples including: websites, mobile applications, wireframes, mindmapping, and emails

-Keynote comes free on any Mac computer, which is really nice

What do you dislike?

-The program was hard to learn at first coming from PowerPoint, but there are multiple tutorials out there that make the learning process go quickly and smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Keynote to other companies. Not only is it easy to learn and use, but it will also serve as a great tool for creating presentations, presenting work to clients, and creating mind maps. It's not only a great tool for those in creative industries, but it also serves as a great resource for any business professional.

We were trying to solve the problem of presentations not matching our company's design style and brand guidelines. Keynote provided a cleaner interface that allowed us to produce easy templates for all of our presenters to follow and edit. This brought the focus to the presenter, not a wild presentation behind them.

Keynote review by <span>Joanne K.</span>
Joanne K.

"Great intuitive software for presentation design "

What do you like best?

Keynote is a great presentation design software especially for Adobe users. All of their user interface is so intuitive, it was very easy for me to learn the in and out of Keynote. Formatting section is simple but has all the necessary tools. I love how easy it is to align every object on the board which is a huge advantage that Microsoft product doesn't have. Shape, chart and table tools are all pretty great. You can be creative with Transitions. I especially enjoy using a magic move transition.

What do you dislike?

Exporting to Powerpoint does not guarantee a smooth transition. Things always look different when I see the exported file in Powerpoint. Another complaint are the default designs of Shape, table and charts. I wish default designs did not have all the gradients and drop shadows which I almost always remove to begin my design process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a switch from Powerpoint and you won't regret it. Very easy to use and create great results.

Creating simple and beautiful presentations. You can do a lot with this software. Very easy to learn.

Keynote review by <span>Aida I.</span>
Aida I.

"Keynote For The Road "

What do you like best?

Keynote allows me to put together professional presentations when I am on the go. This application is super easy to use and it is also a great way to get things done. I love the flexibility and the way it is set-up. It has been a life saver on more than on occasion and being able to put the presentations into different formats.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I didn't like. I paid for mine when I bought it I think it comes complementary now. This is something that I don't like. There could be more formats, but other than that this works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool it formats well with powerpoint and the presentations

I no longer need to have my laptop, this allows me to do my presentations on the iPad and to present them to customers and clients. You can air drop them onto your Mac or your phone another awesome feature. I have found this particular service to be incredibly helpful to me and colleagues.

"Great Liaison Program"

What do you like best?

KeyNote is very user-friendly and can solve many professional dilemmas and situations. It has a very clean and professional feel to it, the work space is breathable, not cluttered, tools are user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I can think of. It is superior to it's Microsoft counterpart, in my opinion. There are numerous creative aspects of KeyNote that are not present in PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KeyNote is a great presentation program, but also a great vehicle of information transfer, as I pointed out. In most ways I find this program superior to PowerPoint. If you're considering one or the other, go with KeyNote. It's newer and more advanced than PowerPoint in usability, creativity, design, and preview. KeyNote will be the next greatest addition to your next presentation.

As an infographic designer who primarily uses Illustrator, it is sometimes hard for co-workers and clients to visualize or explain what it is they need me to create, especially if they don't have Adobe programs that we can relate with. KeyNote is a very standard slide program, that is included on most machines. Co-workers will often use the tools and building properties in KeyNote to create a mock up graph, or something they need me to professionally create. Since KeyNote is, for the most part, universal, it is an easy way to transfer ideas and information.

Keynote review by <span>Jeffrey S.</span>
Jeffrey S.

"Such a step up from PowerPoint...plus easier to use and collaboration!"

What do you like best?

I've loved Keynote for years. Presentations I would create looked so much more beautiful than the PowerPoints everyone else was creating. I moved to Google Docs for awhile because of the collaboration tools, but now that Keynote has those too, I'm back and happier than ever.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything about the product I dislike, but it's a mystery to me why more people don't use this software over PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is amazing presentation software, but you can do so much more with it too. Google a little bit and you'll find you can use it to mockup app interfaces, create product videos and more. It's an amazing product.

All team members are able to create clean, beautiful, professional-looking presentations with ease.

Keynote review by <span>Britt S.</span>
Britt S.

"Cleaner Than PowerPoint, Still Feels Unfamiliar"

What do you like best?

Keynote is just as powerful as PowerPoint, and true designers prefer using it to the Microsoft alternative because the functionality is much "cleaner" and visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Keynote because even after using it many times, it still feels unfamiliar compared to PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time in advance learning the menu structure and location of common editing tools, like text boxes and text formatting locations.

In the marketing industry, designers have to prepare presentation decks typically in PowerPoint—which they absolutely hate. Keynote offers a compromise for a platform that is more design-friendly, while still allowing those in charge of the content to edit the document up to the last minute.

Keynote review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple, streamlined, and elegant presentations"

What do you like best?

As with all other Apple products, Keynote works beautifully with the cloud! Sharing Keynotes from device to device is streamlined and super easy. Using it with an Apple TV also makes it so I can manage my presentation straight from my phone, no clunky cords to mess with from a computer to the projector.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the over-stylized editing menus in Apples office products can be a bit to covert. Other than that, there's nothing I would change about this product.

We needed something easily shareable across teams for editing purposes and something that worked seamlessly in our all-Mac office environment. Additionally, as a design-centric organization, I was looking for something more interesting than Power Point.

Keynote review by User

"Awesome, easy tool!"

What do you like best?

How easy everything is, you can create Powerpoint presentations, but you can also create shapes of all types and animated transitions. Easy to save as Powerpoint or PDF.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if you don't save it right away as something else, the original file is going to be edited. There should be a more practical way to remind you to save before you end up losing some of your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAVE YOUR WORK BEFOREHAND, because it will overwrite your previous work.

I'm much more productive in Keynotes than Powerpoint, that's because it is, in fact, an EASY tool. I learned it after many years of Powerpoint, and it was so much easier.

Keynote review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for the simple and the complex"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very approachable and intuitive, in line with other apple software. Able to export to ppt fairly nicely in case you need to share with a colleague who doesn't have a Mac. Good text and fill styles to keep your presentation consistent. The Magic Move transition is brilliant and can make a simple presentation look professional and engaging when used properly. Master slides are clean and work well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Magic Move doesn't behave the way you want it to when you start getting to complex. Because it's so easy and seems fun, some people abuse the animations and transitions and create terrible presentations. The shape tool isn't as flexible as you want it to be sometimes (but you shouldn't be creating crazy shapes anyway).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you know who will need to use/edit the file, in case they don't have a Mac or the fonts you use (since Keynote doesn't have embedded font capabilities). Also be sure to set your document size/ratio before beginning based on your desired presentation/screen size - it's a pain to resize everything if you need to change it later.

Better, cleaner, presentations instead of using Powerpoint - simpler to start and create something basic and have it look nice.

Keynote review by <span>Nikki H.</span>
Nikki H.

"Easy-to-use Tool for Presentations"

What do you like best?

Keynote is my preferred program for designing corporate presentations for my clients. The interface is easy to use and integrates well with Adobe Illustrator, which is where I create the majority of my custom graphics. The built-in animations are also very nice and, in my opinion, more professional looking than the ones in Powerpoint.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more animations available and more ways to customize them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is a great program to use, however, as far as I know it is only usable on Mac products. A windows version would be amazing, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Keynote allows me to create custom-designed presentations for my clients to deliver. With proper design, they're able to keep their presentations engaging and easy to absorb.

Keynote review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for presentations with the iPad"

What do you like best?

I am a university instructor and often used visual presentations (PowerPoint, etc.) for my classes. However, this required lugging my laptop everywhere, which can get heavy and can result in damaging my computer. Using Keynote is nice because I use it on my iPad, which means less weight to carry around and less worry about damaging an expensive laptop. You can also enable remotes, so I can use my phone as a remote and change slides as I walk around the room, rather than having to stand at the front or walk back to the front every few minutes. Since it's meant for mobile devices, I can also use it easily on my phone if I want to make a quick change to a presentation. Lastly, you can quickly send a copy of a presentation and have it sent as a Keynote, PDF, or PowerPoint file, and you can collaborate with other users like you can with Google Slides through the iCloud.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there isn't really anything I can say I dislike about the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to walk around while giving presentations, enable the remote function in the app so that you can use another iOS device as a remote.

Like I said, as an instructor this allowed me to use visual presentations during class without having to carry my laptop computer with me. I used this with my iPad. It was more convenient for me that way. I also really like the remote feature, it keeps the conversation flowing and I don't have to be stuck at the front of the room the whole class.

Keynote review by <span>Cindi D.</span>
Cindi D.

"Keynote! The only way to present!"

What do you like best?

Keynote is, hands down, the easiest program to design a presentation. The drag & drop couldn't make it more simple to use. There are templates that you can find online to make the designing even easier. But, the best part is how easy it is to customize so that it doesn't look like you just used any old template.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a little more "animation" options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only drawback to Keynote is if you are having to use equipment at another facility and you forget to bring your own laptop/connection cords. But, that really isn't Keynote's issue.

The only way I present to my networking groups when you need a visual to showcase your work. The ease of use, the clarity of images, the fact that it seamlessly works with my iPhone to navigate, pause, restart, go back is brilliant.

Keynote review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool to develop presentations"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly complete very powerful presentations. The overall environment allows you to make adjustments easily and with a few clicks. I like the transitions available, the ability to quickly modify master slides and apply those changes to all the slides or to a selected few. I like that it allows the sharing in the cloud or via many sharing platforms and it allows the sharing of the files using different file formats like PDF with a single click. All the editing features common to Apple products including spelling and grammar corrections/suggestions in real-time.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little time to get used to the mechanics of the tool but once you get it, it increases your productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time to put together a presentation is reduced

Visual impact is greatly improved

It takes time to get familiar and especially to get all the benefits as the set of features is vast and great!

Creating impactful presentations

Quickly sharing ideas, knowledge, information to multiple teams and in multiple languages

Keynote review by <span>Nazia A.</span>
Nazia A.

"Great experience with Keynote"

What do you like best?

The seamless smooth transition and ease of use no matter what i edit.

What do you dislike?

does not function with Microsoft systems. You have the option to export your presentation into PowerPoint, but may lose some graphics/animations in the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moving from PowerPoint to Keynote takes some time getting used to and may seem frustrating at times especially if you are a PC user.

Simple aligning and positioning options

Multimedia friendliness

Animation and transition effects (Magic Move)

Easy to use formatting tool bar

Friendly inspector window (easily modify anything within your presentation)

Simple Master page management

Product integration between apple products

Exporting options (Powerpoint, Quick Time, html, etc)

Easy to use Master Slide guide

Alpha Transparency – Blend an image’s background into your slide’s background to create a transparency.

Simple guide layout

Keynote review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Weigh the pros and cons before switching from PowerPoint "

What do you like best?

Keynote presentations are definitely more design-forward than your traditional Powerpoint presentations. It also comes free with the Mac, which in startups with tight budgets is always appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Wowza, does it take a long time to change anything in this program! At first I thought it was just personal user error, but after seeing a couple of my coworkers struggle to do simple things like move photos and text boxes to new locations I gained a new appreciation for the ease of Powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really think about what you are using the product for. If it is something that will need to be edited a great deal and doesn't need to be super "pretty" Powerpoint is an easier and more efficient product to use.

But that being said, it's certainly easier to use than inDesign for something that needs to look visually impressive.

Keynote is a solid choice to build decks/presentations to share ideas, pitch decks, project outlines, etc.

Keynote review by <span>Dave P.</span>
Dave P.

"Great tool for business and even social content"

What do you like best?

The animation of text and imagery. Customization of slide formats and templates. The ability to create videos by using each slide as a different frame is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The number of animations are very limited to basic ones. I would love to see more modern looking templates to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look up YouTube tutorials of how to do some creative things with the slides.

Creating sales decks, business proposals, and even social media content/videos. KeyNote helps us look very professional to our clients.

"Keynote Review"

What do you like best?

It is an amazing looking program. Just when you click on the icon, the interface is gorgeous. The animations and transitions are great. I like how you can copy vectors from Adobe Illustrator into keynote and use them. You also have a ton of options to export the file to.

What do you dislike?

When someone works on a presentation in a different version, you can only edit that presentation in that version. Also, not all effects/transitions are the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use this program across most Apple devices which is amazing and ease of you. I like how if you have an apple watch you can control your presentation by your wrist! With such a sleek and ease-of-use what is not to want from a presentation program.

Creating decks in our agency that are used either for internal purposes or to send to clients for presentations. I have made many decks in this program to approach clients with as business proposals. I can use video and images to further pack up the evidence.

Keynote review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Professional presentations that work"

What do you like best?

Clean, simple interface along with professional templates that help me make presentations that have value. I naturally compare this product to Powerpoint and keynote strikes me as the more professional option of the two. It helps me look better.

The layout of the app matches the layout of other document software built for the mac so it is familiar. I never have issues choosing between the various presentation modes (one screen, split screen, etc.).

Functionality such as animations are accessed without having to hunt for them. View options are one click away. And hiding a slide is as simple as right-click and select "skip". Sharing via an icloud link is not something I use often since we have file sharing capabilities internal to our organization, but I do see how that could be valuable in certain situations.

What do you dislike?

If it were more widely adopted within my organization, it would be nice. Currently, when we share presentations, some use powerpoint and other use keynote. Switching between each app isn't always smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the interoperability between powerpoint and keynote exists, if most people in your organization use powerpoint and you will be coauthoring presentations with others (sharing often), I personally do not see a need to use keynote over powerpoint. But if you are picking between the two options without other factors, I would prefer keynote.

Internal and External presentations explaining product direction and releases.

Keynote helps me put forward and organized and professional impression with minimal effort.

Keynote review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great Slide Creator/Animator"

What do you like best?

I was used to Powerpoint and was pleasantly surprised to find the switch to Keynote almost seamless. If you're used to Pages or Numbers, it followed the same template. Things are pretty straightforward. We use this for our company slideshow. Easy to overlay lots of graphics.

What do you dislike?

The transitions can be a bit tricky to get how you want. You need to know if something is appearing, moving mid-slide, or exiting the screen. Sometimes the transition you apply is in the wrong time frame.

Great for our company slideshow and various decks that we need to assemble and copy between computers. Really easy to layer lots of images and effects, and you won't lose image files if they're already in the deck somewhere.

Keynote review by <span>Caitlin D.</span>
Caitlin D.

"Keynote review"

What do you like best?

As a designer, being able to create a presentation for a client that is aesthetically pleasing but can communicate efficiently is important. It was easy to navigate and figure out without any previous experience with the program. Being user intuitive is a great quality.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been unhappy with anything about the program so far. I haven't had any trouble myself, and none of my clients have had trouble navigating after handing off presentations, even if they haven't used the program previously. Definitely saves me a lot of time to keep from having to train them.

I use Keynote when I need to design a presentation for a client that they will need to be able to open, edit, add to or change themselves- as opposed to using my creative suite which they do not have access to. Even without using my normal programs, Keynote still allows me to create a project I can be happy with from a design perspective.

"Better than Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

The ease of using the program after being accustomed to powerpoint. More intricate ways of making sure you complete the project the way you want it done! The amount of themes are excellent!

What do you dislike?

The Text button is a pain on the right side of the screen. Getting different format slides on your presentation can sometimes be annoying and troublesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent piece of software (that comes free with a mac) meant to provide you with all the tools necessary to have a seamless and positive experience with all the presentations tools at your fingertips.

Marketing collateral, presentations, one pagers. Keynote is sometimes not recognized on networks with all PCs. Sometimes connecting to a screen is a pain.

Keynote review by <span>Ruhi K.</span>
Ruhi K.

"Keynote Presentations"

What do you like best?

Keynote helps create beautiful presentations. The templates and collaboration features are great. It is accessible to non-Mac users as well.

What do you dislike?

The interoperability between Keynote and the Microsoft counterparts are not always seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates are great. The usability and features are great. The collaborative features are great. There is not much to dislike with Keynote.

Keynote allows team members to collaborate easily and see live changes. This way, not everyone has to be in the same place at the same time to work together.

Keynote review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Like PowerPoint but different"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Keynote is the animations that come with it. Sure, you can't always use the flames or the flares transitions, but it makes for a fun visual for less corporate or less serious presentations. Like its Microsoft counterpart, Keynote is a great tool for presentation. Intuitive and overall easy to use, with a lot of options for titles, transitions and designs.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the options for the visuals are less broad than in PowerPoint. Also, after using PowerPoint for years, it was a bit of a challenge to adapt to Keynote, simply because the menus are different and the logic not exactly the same.

I've had to make oral presentations in front of a certain amount of people, and Keynote was a great tool to highlight points and add a visual aspect to it. It helped me engage the listeners and get my point across more easily.

Keynote review by <span>Jason W.</span>
Jason W.

"A better looking power point"

What do you like best?

I like that keynote can help me to create an awesome presentation easily. Keynote provided 30 + themes to choose in the beginning so you can get it can start to work. The default theme is diverse in term of style so you can be sure that you will able to find a theme that suit your presentation. Another feature I like about Keynote are it is so easy to learn how to use, a lot of awesome feature that can make you presentation more outstanding and the frequent update. Apple are really good at finding bugs, introducing new feature which make you can add in new thing into your presentation every time. Lastly, it is really easy to send the presentation to other. It support airdrop, Mail, Facebook even Icloud sharing. The final product can also export into different format just to increase some flexibility. You can export the presentation into Microsoft powerpoint, PDF, Quicktime and Image.

What do you dislike?

Although holistically speaking keynote better compare to powerpoint. Powerpoint win over Keynote on the flexibility of animation. The animation in Keynote is very limited which is not good if you are those kind of person that like animation in your presentation. Also Keynote could expand the number of default theme just to give user more options and choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keynote is for those who want to present better, to stand out among others.

Before when we use powerpoint almost all our presentation are identical, it is hard to standout against other competitor. Which keynote our presentation are more attractive and we are not competitive which will be good news for me in long term.

Keynote review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

"Best presentation platform as long as compatible"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of Keynote much more than PowerPoint. While PowerPoint is a fine tool for presentations, Keynote offers, in my opinion, a cleaner, more design friendly platform to create presentations. The fonts tend to look more clear and professional and the available themes are more clean and crisp.

What do you dislike?

The main downside of Keynote is that the files are not compatible on Windows computers. If you will always be using Mac products or know that you can export your Keynote doc to a PDF or a Google presentation, this is better than using PowerPoint.

Enabling quality presentations that are clear, attractive, and professional.

Keynote review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Robust presentation application!"

What do you like best?

I love the integration features of this software. It allows for importing/exporting PowerPoint presentations and the functionalities when presenting using an iPad via Apple TV are very advanced. The process is less clunky than PowerPoint is and allows for a more polished delivery.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions that are expected from PowerPoint that do not show up hear like Font replacement and embedding of fonts, however these are minimal for what you get in return for the refined interface that you get with Keynote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic integration for presentations - things just work well together in the Apple Family of Products.

Presentations, Graphic designing. There are so many shapes and much more modernized design options in comparision to PowerPoint.

Keynote review by User in Higher Education

"Featured and Familiar"

What do you like best?

As a regular Mac user I find that what I like best is the familiarity with the user interface. While there are cheaper or free solutions available, I find that they are a little more cumbersome to use because I am not as organically familiar with the interface. I also love the customizability and the availability of themes and color selections. I also absolutely love that I can create and present on the fly using my iOS phone! Now having the Mac based office suite available on iOS devices means that I can work on presentations and the like on planes, waiting rooms, etc without having to carry a bulky laptop with me! Definitely a game changer.

What do you dislike?

Because this is a Mac based product I find that I often have to carry my Macbook with me when I am doing presentations because the default platform at most locations is still Windows, This also often means carrying my own connector to connect my Macbook to the projector on site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for traveling with the availability on iOS devices and wonderful in terms of UI familiarity for Apple users. If you are traveling be aware of the fact that you will typically need to carry your own devices and connectors.

Keynote is much more accessible to me as a Mac user and is far less expensive than Microsoft's PowerPoint. This allows me to use those funds on other software solutions

"Keynote Review"

What do you like best?

Love keynote and its ability to make presentations so much more vivid and in real life.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were quicker fixes to alignment or organization of the slides. Sometimes it is user error but I feel like it could be alot more user friendly (comparing to powerpoint even though powerpoint is awful and stuck in the 1990s).

Presentations and painting a story of how we got the concepts to where they are. Showing the comparisons of where the product is today to then showing where it could be. Loving the video aspect and how real keynote makes a presentation feel.

Keynote review by <span>Sadaf B.</span>
Sadaf B.

"Keynote <> Weekly News "

What do you like best?

Adding links to another slide that makes a word clickable and linked to another slide

What do you dislike?

It does not have a brush feature like what powerpoints offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

converting Keynote file to ppt does not provide an output as beautiful and clean as the original file

We have a weekly news sessions , I make a presentation which has an interactive agenda page. I click on each news item, navigate to the respective slide, and I click on "home" link to go back to my agenda page.

Keynote review by <span>Lane W.</span>
Lane W.

"Keynote is WONDERFUL for Presentations!"

What do you like best?

Keynote is so user friendly and is a terrific program to make presentations. Keynote works seamlessly across my mac platforms and products.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike. The occasional annoyance is the amount of software updates required to fully implement features. However, I simply decline to update at times to avoid glitches.

I use Keynote to run presentations for my company, and other companies who send me their slides. It is very easy to implement someone else's notes and then to help them to run their presentation themselves. Alternatively, I can run it from my computer for them.

Keynote review by User

"Make your presentations like professionals "

What do you like best?

Is really easy to create your own presentation, you can share it with your coworkers and you can use the ones that are already create modifying what you need.

What do you dislike?

I like it a lot, but the problem is that when you try to make a presentation with a windows computer it might take time, get freeze, so you better try that will work perfect before going to the presentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try, you might need time but you will see how easy is it.

Every month we have to make a presentation and show the results that we are getting, using keynote make that really easy.

Keynote review by <span>Brian S.</span>
Brian S.

"Keynote is a top-notch alternative to PowerPoint"

What do you like best?

I love that Keynote is free from the Mac App Store and I find it to be much easier to use that Microsoft PowerPoint. The templates offered are slicker looking than PowerPoint and dealing with multimedia files (pictures, videos, audio) are much easier to integrate and showcase in a Keynote presentation.

What do you dislike?

Conversion of Microsoft PowerPoint can be tricky at times. Most of the time, PowerPoint files can be converted without any issues, but occasionally that is not the case. There will be a complicated table or image layout that Keynote just totally barfs on and you end up having to do a lot of manual adjusting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free from the Mac App Store so the entry point is minimal and it's very easy to get started with (dozens of templates and what not).

Didn't like the pricing of Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote offered a great solution at a great price.

"Superior to Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

Keynote is a much cleaner substitute to using Microsoft Powerpoint. Easier to navigate, and very clean. Making final presentations a beautiful sight, as opposed to the cheapness look of powerpoint. This program is much easier to use if you are versed in Pages. Love the much more streamlined, cleaner user interface. Makes a person with a lack of an art background look like they do have an art background.

What do you dislike?

If you lack a mac background, Keynote can be hard to adapt to. Wish there were better column options and breaks as opposed to using individual text boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Windows only person, Keynote is probably not for you, but still worth the try.

Presenting ideas to clients in a clean useful manner. More impressive compared to powerpoint presentations. Love the much more streamlined, cleaned user interface.