Keynote

Keynote for Mac makes it simple to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Updated for OS X El Capitan, Keynote employs powerful tools and dazzling effects that bring your ideas to life. You can work seamlessly between Mac and iOS devices. And work effortlessly with people who use Microsoft PowerPoint.

Work for Keynote?
Knovio 2x

Learning about Keynote?

Keynote Reviews

Showing 271 Keynote reviews
Keynote review by <span>Roman Y.</span>
Roman Y.

One of the best tool for presentations with Live streaming

What do you like best?

- Quality of the templates. It's very easy to choose theme and build your presentation upon it

- Animations. You can bulild your own Apple style presentations with it

- Web version. You can share your presentation with colleagues and edit this simultaneously even if your collegues don't have Mac computer

- Live streaming. Stream your presentation live only using link. Presentation live streaming can work not only on Mac's or Pc's but also on mobile. Just using browser.

What do you dislike?

- You can't stream voice during presentation

- Keynote is free only for new users

- You can export to Power Point format, but a lot of content becomes static

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you buy a new Mac you will get Keynote for free. You can share your presentations and edit this with web version using iCloud. Templates can speed up presentation creation, you don't need to be designer to create professional one.

Keynote is a great tool for creating beautiful presentations with strong animations and huge variety of templates. Also it's great to share presentation between collegues during conference and follow it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Keynote
Keynote review by <span>Nathan L.</span>
Nathan L.

Keynote is great for simple presentations

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of using Keynote for projecting words during worship services.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't found a simple way to embed videos into Keynote, instead of having to get out of Keynote to a web browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say, if you're looking for a simple program, this is the one for you. It's extremely easy to use and easy to figure out as an Apple user. If you're looking for a more complex presentation system--this could still be for you, but I can't speak to that, because we keep our presentations pretty simple and unobtrusive.

Keynote has helped people at our church follow along with our worship services. It's aided our goal--to help people trust more firmly that Jesus has taken away all their sins freely and promised eternal life to all who simply trust in him as their Savior from sin.

Keynote has also been simple to use in order to export title images to iMovie creations.

What Presentation solution do you use?

Keynote review by <span>Jackie B.</span>
Jackie B.

Create Presentations - In Any Format You Need

What do you like best?

Keynote lets you create presentations that engage!, and in any format. You get a small number of templates, with stunning images and you can use them as a base and customize them from there. Once you're done you can save multiple versions, then send it out to your audience in any format you need: Pdf, word doc, auto-play slide show, with just one click. Keynote is exactly what Apple was built for - designs that engage your best audience.

What do you dislike?

Having newly converted from a PC to a Mac, I did have trouble getting used to Keynote. But I learned and now see great benefit from using it.

The other challenge is, if who you are sending a Keynote file to doesn't have Keynote, they just can't open it. It doesn't convert on it's own like so many other packages do. The solution is to ask first, then send a word doc, after you've completed the design in Keynote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't switched from PCS to Mac, now's the time. The visuals you can create to engage your customers using a Mac and Keynote are what will win you far more business than without. Be patient, it's not an easy switch, but once you get down the learning curve, and see the results, you'll be glad you did.

We had switched from PC to a company of Macs and MSFT 's Powerpoint wasn't working out at all. We also wanted to capitalize on the design capabilities of Apple.

Keynote review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

Create more powerful presentations with Keynote

What do you like best?

Keynote is a more advanced presentation tool than PowerPoint. It integrates with MacOSX, and even allows you to control the presentation from an Apple remote or an iPhone. My favorite feature is that I can embed a playable video file into the presentation, which eliminates the need to have a web browser open in the background. I am able to show a video to my audience without having to stop my presentation and go to the web browser, then return to the presentation, and try to find where I was.

What do you dislike?

iCloud integration could be better. Presentations lose features and slow down significantly through iCloud. Though you are able to import and export powerpoint files, many features and fonts are lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are primarily a Mac user who has to present to colleagues, conferences, or students, Keynote provides an easy to use tool that is more powerful than PowerPoint.

As a classroom teacher, I use presentations on a daily basis, both to teach my classes and also to provide some sort of visual aid in the classroom. I also use Keynote when I present professional development activities for my coworkers.

Keynote review by <span>Kevin H.</span>
Kevin H.

Keynote

What do you like best?

Keynote, unlike Powerpoint, is super intuitive to use because of the simple user-interface and limited, yet rich, set of options. Putting together interesting slide decks is quick and painless and the process is nearly self-explanatory with a little bit of poking around at the feature set. I also like that you can prototype interfaces for mobile devices using Keynote.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot to dislike but since it is not After Effects (which has an insanely deep learning curve), you cannot control your animations to the degree you can with a real animation software like After Effects. I wish there was great control of the animation speeds and ways to animate more objects. I'd also love more control in the video output or export option but again it's a presentation software and not an animation software. However, if there's anything Apple could improve, it is to make some of the animation tools more sophisticated (adjustable).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push the software as hard as you can; it can really help you make great presentations.

I use Keynote for all presentations but I also use it to prototype apps such as mobile phones and tablets. The fact that Keynote runs on both the iPhone and iPad means that I can prototype interactives using my phone or iPad which is really powerful.

Keynote review by <span>Jeff D.</span>
Jeff D.

Aesthetically pleasing and captures attention!

What do you like best?

I really like the professionalism of the program itself and how it captures the attention of the audiences that I have presented to. Time and time again, audience members say, "your presentations are amazing, how did you create that?" and I smile and say, "keynote" and then we have a great conversation. I like how you can transform a picture and use it to capture the right elements and overlay text. It's one of the most amazing applications I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

The time that it takes to produce a high quality visual is the major downfall for me, but, as a beginner, you don't have to put that much time in it for you to get the results you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly consider this if you want polished, professionals that audience members will remember. Using keynote is definitely not something you can put off to the last minute if you are looking to put together a stellar presentation.

Easily communicating information across to audience members and the benefits include me having each slide different to communicate with ease.

Learning about Keynote?

* We monitor all Keynote reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.