KeyShot

KeyShot

KeyShot is the fastest and easiest to use 3D rendering software available. In just a few steps you can create amazing visuals straight from your 3D models.

Work for KeyShot?

Learning about KeyShot?

KeyShot Reviews

Ask KeyShot a Question
Showing 118 KeyShot reviews
KeyShot review by Erdem B.
Erdem B.

"Simple Yet Highly Capable for a Rendering Software"

What do you like best?

- I can easily drag & drop files to import to the scene, without having to open a dialog box.

- It supports a wide range of diferent filetypes for importing.

- Intuitive and simple ways to assigning, replicating and linking materials.

- Materials are classified into different types with different controls. It is very easy to grasp how they work and when to use what.

- Setting up a scene is very quick and easy. You just need an HDRI, a background image and of course your subject.

- You can just render an image right away with standard settings and it will look wonderful.

- You can tinker with a few parameters and get a very quick render or very detailed highly photo-realistic images.

- It gets shorter to get renders compared to earlier versions. I have been using the same PC for a long time but my render times got somehow shorter.

- You can choose how many CPU cores to use. Very useful when you have to run multiple programs simultaneously.

- You can easily prepare simple animations.

- Material and rendering quality is great. I had several coworkers and clients mistaking render images for photos.

- You can have a variety of channels for post-production. I save a lot of times on my stills using extra channels.

What do you dislike?

- Framing, sizing and resizing the software window and rendering area might get hectic at times. You might easily lose your original aspect ratio and image size unless you lock it before moving on to variations of your subject.

- It still struggles with interior rendering. Still needs developing.

- Clown Pass is very useful but it should let users choose which color to use for different objects.

- Sometimes you import the same file but with updated geometry, and suddenly scale of the scene messes up.

- You should carefully plan layers and object groups before importing. You can still ungroup and regroup certain objects, but it still needs developing.

- Sometimes metallic paint presents a flake pattern that can get annoying in close-ups of hi-res images. But not always.

- Interface and mechanics of adding, deleting, naming/renaming and locking cameras need to be developed.

- If you want complex movements for camera or objects, you need to work around your way, because animation module is clearly intended for very simple animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot is very easy and it offers very good quality. Realtime ability is very useful to determine if you are moving in the right direction, without having to spend too much time on rendering a still image. If you intend to use it for product rendering, just get it. Bear that in mind that it has a CPU based engine; GPU-CPU hybrid or sole GPU rendering is not available.

I prepare photorealistic moving and still images of new product and architectural designs. Sometimes I use its live view to show and review a project with my clients or coworkers without having to render scenes. Although it got more complicated controls and settings as it evolved over the years, it is very easy to learn and use compared to other rendering engines. This helps a lot while working with new coworkers and interns.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about KeyShot
KeyShot review by Jared K.
Jared K.

"Rendering Experiential Marketing Events"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Keyshot. It's my program of choice coupled with Solid Works for the foundation of the 3D files I use. Using realistic physics engines Keyshot always produces superior quality renderings that blow away clients.

What do you dislike?

This may not be as relevant to the program itself and more just my personal system. I run Keyshot on a boot camped MacBook Pro. Probably not ideal for taking advantage of the programs power. With using a MacBook Pro comes slower rendering speeds and a very noisy corner in my office while my laptop prepares for take off. As mentioned previously, this is not as much a Keyshot problem as it is my own.

I'm provided a brief with an event, whether that be a pop-up experiential campaign or an expo booth, using Keyshot allows me to produce renderings of what that event or booth will look like with a much more realistic visual. Of course this is after a 3D modeling phase and followed by some skinning in Photoshop, however, this program has opened doors to a consistent "WOW's" during client proposals.

What 3D Rendering solution do you use?

KeyShot review by Ujwal I.
Ujwal I.

"keyshot 6 - A brilliant update to get realistic renders quickly"

What do you like best?

The accessibility to create your own material to get the required visual effect in Keyshot 6 is a very strong plus point that allows to get a very realistic feel of the product to be showcased and convey your ideas more fluently. With this and the ability of Keyshot to get quick renders makes it a versatile rendering tool.The addition of a graphical interface to make materials helps in creating realistic visual effects on materials like dust of a rusty surface. The software also has a great interface to import 3D model files easily and update the same files without the fear of loosing any material changes made. The addition of 'Save as a Package' helps in sharing the keyshot files easily .- with other Keyshot 6 members

What do you dislike?

There are few imperfections still in terms of transparent / cloudy materials but with a little effort and time with a bit of fine tuning the parameters the required realism can be got.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A perfect rendering tool for product design studios as well as engineers, not that effective for automobile objects but it does do reasonably good job. It allows import of a wide range of 3D files and makes the importing and updating process of the 3D files a breeze with the help of multiple options and features.

Keyshot helped me convey my ideas to clients quickly , and allowed me to experiment as well as change ideas and thoughts very efficiently and easily.

KeyShot review by Nickolas V.
Nickolas V.

"Digital Artist"

What do you like best?

The best use of keyshot is for quick renders! Although it is great for setting up your own scene and creating your own lights. I find it shines best when I need to render a work in progress or want to show off a model in a hdri scene. Im able to export a obj from my software of choice, then just bring it straight into keyshot and start applying their premade materials. The program is also very easy to use when it comes to materials and editing them yourself.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with keyshot is setting up your own lighting. I find it much more difficult then your traditional render softwares such as vray and corona. The pre setup lighting in keyshot is fantastic, however i feel limited because I am struggling to learn how to setup my own lighting scene.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. I was hesitant because of my love for v-ray. However it is truly amazing. The eaze of just dropping a obj into the program and doing quick wip or turnaround renders is so easy and time saving.

With a company such as steelcase who produces a lot of furniture, it is super beneficial to take a chair and put it into a HDRI room and render it. I have created several renders of furniture in HDRI environments that people have a hard time distinguishing from real life. Another great feature is the turnaround! I can take a product and create a short turnaround animation for customers to view.

KeyShot review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"The complicated but beautiful"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is an amazing software capable of rendering incredibly realistic characters. It is especially powerful when dealing with substances like skin and metal. I'm highly impressed by the quality of keyshot's renderer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it renders a lot slower than marmoset. My assumption is that it's rendering more data and drawcalls, so it takes longer to view your model-- however, this isn't very useful for real-time applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is a bit pricey-- I'd shop around for other renderers before spending a lot of money on this one.

I love that keyshot and zbrush are so easily usable together-- being able to send a model straight to keyshot from zbrush has saved me a lot of time in my everyday routine.

KeyShot review by Zaher M.
Zaher M.

"RealTime Renderer "

What do you like best?

well the easy to use and friendly user interface , almost all u need is right infront of ur face , laybraryies , Materials and other tools ,

it hase a lot of great Materials , it render fast just like realtime renderer vray or light cach in 3Dmax ,,

What do you dislike?

its actully realtime renderer , but it takes a lil time , a lil time that makes me think twice when it comes to 3d presentation ,,,

for rendering a standalone shoots , its ok , and fast , but not that enough ,,

Lighting ,,, and enviroment HDRI will limit ur design .

EDITING and correcting some bugy faces or edges in Modell , will be a pain ,,, applying materials and editing the texture and free form it over the object ,, it is really a pain to do it

Recommendations to others considering the product

well , if u gonna use it for draft and concepting , it can really help and give a professional look , but if u going in details and modeling and applying a freeform texture to an organic architecture for example , it will be a really headache ,

well u gonna use modelling program along side it , so i may recocmend checking Lumion3d ,,, its render so much faster , and give a wide range of options , just check another similer programs and balance ur choices and ur needs ,

importing and exporting 3d models between Autocad , sketchup , and many other 3d filetype , it helps to take some shoots ,, to illusterate a concept or idea ,

KeyShot review by Grant F.
Grant F.

"Fantastic software. Highly recommended. "

What do you like best?

Not only is it one of the most affordable rendering softwares, but it is also the most intuitive and easiest to use. You can use almost any model from any software and take advantage of a user-interface that is so simple, it almost feels like an app. The rendering is also very quick relatively speaking.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed that getting light to shine correctly is somewhat odd. I tried to make a video in which a yellow light slowly started to rise on a moving car like a sunrise, but it came out really badly pixelated. It's possible I set it up wrong or used low quality rendering because I was in a rush, but it would be nice to have basic animations in lighting that you can just click to add such as sunrise or a moving light so the user doesn't have to create the light model and everything on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is an educational version for very cheap for those who qualify for it and the support people are helpful and will work with you to get it if necessary.

I use Keyshot to create images and videos for advertising my product.

KeyShot review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Fantastic for Non-Engineers"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is fantastic because it allows anyone, regardless of skill set, to model and render complex 3D images. It's great because it's not GPU based so it runs on any standard computer with a good enough CPU. Most 3D rendering engines require massive graphics processing so that's a huge plus. The other thing that's great is that it's relatively stupid friendly. You don't need to be a CAD modeler or take long tutorials to do basic stuff. I figured it out and had models rendered and animated in under an hour.

What do you dislike?

UX is awful and the pricing model is a bit meh. They badly need to fix bugs and improve performance. You will look over these for the sheer convenience of how easy it is to use though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for beginners, power users will feel constricted. Power users however can use it to texture and render only and model in another software they like.

I use this mostly to render products for websites and create 360 turntables for users to explore products in greater details

KeyShot review by Ryan Z.
Ryan Z.

"This is great app for render beginner/Junior level designers."

What do you like best?

The way that it is very easy to set up and love the drag and drop texture feature which makes it very user friendly. Also the instant render preview is awesome too. The fact that you will be able to see the rendering instantly without waiting or spend hours to render is absolutely great. I was fairly impressed by the new simple animation function added into Keyshot in Keyshot 5 which allows product designer like me create stunning little .gif for my products on crowd funding website.

What do you dislike?

I hope there are more options to adjust lighting, I meant much more specific lighting placement and brightness etc. Also I wish there will be much more in-depth setting for models and also I think the animation effect can be greatly improved just like cinema 4D. I wish the requirement of rendering can be lower since not everyone has high end computer to run rendering. I wish the rendering setting option can have little thumb nail animation to tell users how and where it will change the rendering effect and end result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very user friendly product for new/intro level to industrial/product design. It will take you couple hours maximum to understand how it works and you will be able to use it instantly to create great rendering for your 3D models. Don't be scared of it and just try to use it and it will make your design life so much more easier and the default lighting is already very good I rarely try to adjust the lighting myself.

Nothing business problems but mostly I use it to produce rendering to clients.

KeyShot review by Clément B.
Clément B.

"A clever and intuitive 3D render Software"

What do you like best?

As I said into the title, Keyshot is a great, clever and intuitive 3D render Software. First, I like his installation which is really simple, it's only takes 2 minutes, and take so much place into your hard drive. Then, when you launch the software, you can easily find your way : they explain to you how create an environment or just directly import your file.

What do you dislike?

The real time render is a bit slow, for sure that will depend on which machine you are running it but if your 3D model is complex, you will way have some pain to use your computer. But the good thing is that you can turn off the real time render and so on , use your computer with all the powerness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As you may understood, I really recommand this software for everyone who would like easy, and nice renders for their 3D models. And the cost is not so expensive so get it now !!

You can find it on the official website or with resellers on internet.

As a designer, it's a really nice software to communicate your ideas in a short time. Freshly picked out from Alias or solidworks, you can in a minute process to a great render and after that put it in photoshop for post treatment imaging.

I also tried the animation functionality for a student project and it's works really nice for basic stuff.

KeyShot review by Róger Z.
Róger Z.

"Awesome solution for fast and powerful rendering."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Keyshot is the simple workflow offered by the software, everything is clear and intuitive. You probably have to know the 3D-softwares environment basics and if you don't you can pick up the basic rules of the software pretty quick and produce professional quality renders quite fast.

What do you dislike?

There are a few details that sometimes interfiere with the softwares, some kind of "bugs" that can provoke the program shutting down unexpectedly. I've had also experience other errors when I update complicated geometries or models with lots of surfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start picking into the materials and set up your own from the beginning, this way you'll have your own personalized material library in a couple of months.

I'm currently working for a prototyping company so we usually give our clients many design solutions to the same problem, these solution translate commonly to physical devices. In my experience, a good render can sell ten times more than a written idea. So, fast rendering is good business.

KeyShot review by julien f.
julien f.

"Keyshot revue"

What do you like best?

that i prefer in keyshot is that is very simple to use and its compleat , i'm designer so when i do a render i use generaly photoshop after so i dont nead a perfect rendect softwear very complex , keyshot is perfect , esy toput textures and modified textures (sise, orientation, contrasts etc) , you can modified lights , environements , bacground etc etc so finaly its very cool and symple , permet me to do quick renders before to use photoshop to do a more natural render.

What do you dislike?

the principal problem is that is hard for my computer when i use keyshot , the softwear use all the power. but globaly for me its the only big problem , maybe for experts of 3D renders its too much simple but for me its perfect i'm designer i just want comunicate ideas quickly .

Recommendations to others considering the product

just looking if is possible to do something more light for computer when is open. for the rest i think its in the good direction ! just continue to conserve a symple and intuitive interface and i will continue to use this softwear

esay to use so i'm very fast to do renders , permet me also to test the 3D with real textures and light during the evolution to looking if is ok or not. its possible to do quick animation so its cool to send quickly something in mouvement for the client to more imagine the final product.

KeyShot review by Alice P.
Alice P.

"Easy and clean Rendering"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is really easy to use, it's the best rendering software for begginers. It's really intuitive, you basically just put the texture where you want, define a vue and wait. The result is absolutely clean and professionnal. There is a basical white environnement, with predefine lightening that is perfect for showing a nice render of your object for a final presentation in few minutes. You can also change the preset too, you have lots of differents options for the background (pictures,colors..), the lightening ( shadow, contrast, add led, color..) and you can modify your texture (size, color, opacity..). Something that's great about Keyshot is that you can rotate you'r 3d object to change it position. To sum up, It's a very complete,fast, easy to use and proffesionnal software.

What do you dislike?

Keyshot is less perfect for rendering architecture. I recommand it for industrial design and branding on object. Keyshot does have basic features : if you want to take your project to a higher level you may have to look at more powerfull/complicated softwares such as Maxwell. But in major cases Keyshot is enought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the very best rendering software for begginers, i recommande it to design student. It's very effective for product design and branding on object.

Keyshot can help industrial designer to improve the quality of their presentation/project.

It's a very easy to use and offer a fine result quality. I recommand it.

KeyShot review by Carlos D.
Carlos D.

"Keyshot by 3D Macaw"

What do you like best?

Its a great rendering software and you can achieve realistic high quality imagery with few clicks and simple setup.

The way you can use preexisting materials, hdri backgrounds and lights it's very fast and also the way you can customize materials by not only changing colors but importing diffuse, bump, specular maps to have a lot of control in the way that you want the object to look. The rendering time it's very fast and you can export animation and vr renders in a very easy and fast way.

What do you dislike?

The animation wizard it's still a bit primitive, and it will be and improvement if the user could customize render passes.

In the same way when you import models and use the wireframe material it tesselates the model and you don't longer see the good topology in quads but triangles instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial and see for your self how easy it's to render HD images with a very accurate lighting system and with few clicks.

Product visualization and 3D rendering with a fast and accurate lighting set up. You spend less time in solving technical light problems and focus more on a look that you want to achieve and explore.

KeyShot review by Blake M.
Blake M.

"Great for Industrial Designers / Product Rendering"

What do you like best?

KeyShot is an extremely powerful and realistic three-dimensional rendering tool, featuring many tools for creating photo-realistic product renderings. One way to add great dimension to your renderings is using KeyShot's depth of field settings within the camera settings, which adds a great level of realism to any finished product. Additionally the customization of textures and the ability to add your own really can take any great three-dimensional model to the next level, while adding needed contextual evidence that your design is realistic both in physical form and appearance.

Another thing I really appreciate when using KeyShot is the ability to customize the lighting effects of each specific material. For example if I want one material to become more matte in finish while another to be more glossy, I can either choose those samples directly or customize them for a higher contrast finish.

One last thing that I appreciate about this software is the overall versatility and quality of the results it provides. If I just need a quick rendering to prove the concept to someone, I can choose to use a shorter rendering time and scale the image down to cut down on time waiting for the image to rendering. On the other hand if I need to use my rendering in large format print or for a large viewing experience at very high resolutions, I have the ability to customize those factors in my rendering setup for exactly what I need. As a designer that level of specificity and granularity is appreciated and is really a fun thing to be able to have at my dispense depending on what I need.

What do you dislike?

KeyShot isn't particularly user-friendly if you are new to using rendering programs and has many advanced features that can be difficult to learn without someone who already knows how to use it. That being said, there are a lot of great resources available online to help with beginners, because of how widely used KeyShot is in the industry for product designers.

Another industry standard for video and photo editing software is growing compatibility with utilizing the GPU as well as the CPU to decrease render times and increase overall efficiency. Unfortunately this is not yet a feature that I have seen in my experience using KeyShot, and it would be great to see this feature come into play in future iterations of the product to take full advantage of the powerful hardware in most designer's workstations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KeyShot may not be the most user-friendly rendering program out there beyond its standard features, but it certainly delivers in its professional results and granular controls for demanding users. The customization and control KeyShot offers is next to none in my experience and it is my go to program for any three-dimensional rendering tasks for both professional and personal use.

KeyShot provides me with realistic product renderings that add value to the final showcase of my work to both clients and peers. It is really invaluable to be able to create a realistic and detailed model that includes realistic textures, lighting effects, depth of field, and showcases the form factor of any design. KeyShot is also great because it is compatible with both of the primary programs I use to create three-dimensional models: SolidWorks (for more detailed/production-ready work) and Rhinoceros (for surface modeling and quick iterations).

Another great feature that has improved my efficiency is the ability to queue a number of renderings from various positions around any product that I wish to render. I can set up anywhere from a half dozen to maybe twenty or thirty different camera angles, without having to set up each frame and wait for the rendering to complete before I can work on the next shot.

KeyShot review by Juan Sebastian R.
Juan Sebastian R.

"Useful render software"

What do you like best?

The best of KeyShot is that is very easy to use. You set materials, environments and other things very easy. The interface is very intuitive, it helps to generate high-quality renders in a very short time.

It is also to highlight library materials that KeyShot has. It has a wide range of materials grouped into different categories, where you can find wood, metal, plastics and others. Similarly, create materials is very simple, you only have to have the textures.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lights that KeyShot have as a material. I can not use them as I wish into my renders.

The

Easy and fast. You do not have to set a lot of parameters or technical stuff in order to get a professional render.

Unlike other rendering software, KeyShot allows you to generate renders in a very short time, I'm really surprised since I have generated renders of high complexity in a very short time, which allows me to quickly see errors or things to improve in my designs.

KeyShot review by Jonathan David H.
Jonathan David H.

"A software tool that quickly became indispensable."

What do you like best?

Intuitive creation of shaders which also helps educate on the composition of such materials. Wide array of acceptable 3D formats to render out. Very quick processs from start to finish in terms of creating striking images. It is also worth noting that there is a vast amount of stock material such as textures, materials and environments that enables one to immediately jump into the worl of 3D visual graphics.

What do you dislike?

On very rare occasions 3D geometry will not show up; this is often when objects are 'extrusions' and can often be worked around by meshing NURBS surfaces.

Sometimes the cameras can also be incredibly glitchy with regards to just losing objects completely in the ether. The orthographic cameras can also be problematic, often intersecting with a model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working in product development and looking for imagery that is more than explanatory just, but stunning, then look no further. Get the beautiful and crisp renders you've always dreamed of with the minimum of effort.

The official KeyShot videos on YouTube are invaluable as assistance to the learning process and should be referenced immediately; if anything to inspire what is possible.

Realising product ideas and giving realistic renders that enable communication barriers to be broken down in relation to talking about material quality, visual impact, form, proportion and finish.

Main benefits have included the speed with which I can work as well as an incredibly intuitive interface in addition to tools for creating animations without the need for any complicated workflows.

KeyShot review by Edvinas M.
Edvinas M.

"KeyShot is simply the way to go!"

What do you like best?

As a KeyShot user since version 1.9 (HyperShot-KeyShot) I can proudly state that this real time renderer has aided me a lot trough out the years in 3D scene, not only it is user friendly but also it gives all the necessary tools to bring your 3D object to life within minutes, and it keeps getting better with each new release!

Edvinas Mikstas

What do you dislike?

Despite the fact that KayShot is the most popular renderer, it still has some things to improve. With that being said, I would like to see some improvements in materials compartment, texture mapping seems a bit to poor, other than that there are no more major dislikes that I have, because renders are being post processed in other applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend KeyShot to anyone starting from beginners to experts who are looking to get 3D realistic renders of their products fast.

Concept design prototyping, is the industry I am in right now, and realistic renders are the must when it comes to presentations.

KeyShot review by Pierre-Hugues V.
Pierre-Hugues V.

"Keyshot my rendering tool !"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is very easy to understand and to use, very interactive and gives quickly good visualisation of your design with just few settings.

The menus are easy to indentify and intuitive.

You can also easely create some simple animations with an animated tool which helps you to previsualize the animation, and it's still very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I meet with key shot, is the quality of the shadows which is sometimes not diffuse but in a blocy way, and the quality of lights which sometimes too blade, it need more sensitivity, more warmth, and you need some photoshop corections to realy have a high quality render.

We use the expression 'key shot render" to identify renders which are not so charming, a bit too cold, without the sensibility of light shadows and texture you have in real life, and in communication renders.

I'm a transportation designer, I use key shot for all my renders and presentations with few correction on photoshop. I won a lot of time with the simplicity of key shot even if some renders could need photoshop corrections, but regarding more complexe renders, as a designer and not a 3d designer specilized with renders, the simplicity of usage of key shot is very comfortable and so usefull.

KeyShot review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Keyshot is a game changer"

What do you like best?

The pure speed and versatility of Keyshot is amazing. I'm always a working on multiple projects at once and to be able to texture, light, and render my models in real time is priceless. Keyshot has saved me so much time. Things that would take me hours in other packages with renders alone, take me 1/5 of the time. Just amazing speed and tackles any project like a champ.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike a out Keyshot but I would like to see a little more options in terms of render passes. I think adding some passes like Reflection, Ambient occlusion, etc... would really help.

I work in Entertainment Advertising and a lot of problems we face is trying to get really large renders for large prints in a short amount of time. That's why I use Keyshot. Once I started integrating Keyshot into my workflow, I realized how easily Keyshot handles large renders and how fast it can turn them out.

KeyShot review by Anna A.
Anna A.

"Simple and user friendly rendering tool with wide features"

What do you like best?

The most wonderful in KeyShot is user friendly interface and absolutely simple settings. I'm a designer, creating conceptual visualizations. So sometimes I need to compose many 3D objects in one scene, and frequently the situation requires to compose absolutely various objects with various formats and render it together. KeyShot gives me this opportunity. Besides, I can create many various materials from ready ones without problems and have great result. The big plus is the possibility of integrating of simple geometrical figures into the scene.

What do you dislike?

Impossibility of simple modelling. This product would be perfect with this feature.

I'm a designer, who creates conceptual visualizations for business presentations in agencies (B2B segment mostly). KeyShot gave me the opportunity to use 3D for my needs without deep immersion into 3D modelling process. But as a bonus, I was inspired to start my study of Cinema 4D after I've worked with KeyShot a lot to create complicated objects by myself, without help of 3D modellers.

KeyShot review by Sabolch F.
Sabolch F.

"Occasional KeyShot user review"

What do you like best?

I think the best feature of KeyShot is how user friendly the lighting environments are, and how they will look pretty much exactly how you'd expect them to in your final render. Some other rendering software relies on the user to place each light, I am not a photographer or lighting expert, so those always come out with intense highlights and dark spots or backgrounds. KeyShot takes all the guesswork out and reliably produces a nice clean soft light for matte objects, with the option for other lighting patterns for glossy objects.

What do you dislike?

I find adjusting the scale and orientation of patterns like carbon fibre and wood to be quite tedious. They are often set way too large by default.

It is also a pain to move models around in the environment, specifically if they need to rest at a tilted angle. Adjusting the angle as well as the height separately to make sure it hasn't dropped through the floor.

And finally, I wish it were easier to layer materials on a model. Instead of always having the next material replace the previous, but to easily add textures or other effects on top of what is already there. Rust for instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like an easy to use rendering program, look no further than KeyShot.

I render products for display. KeyShot is very fast at giving a very good definition to subtle forms.

KeyShot review by Yiping X.
Yiping X.

"Amazing and surprisingly useful, hope that I could have used it longer:)"

What do you like best?

The rendering effect, as well as the possibility of import SolidWorks models. The effects are realistic, the speed of exporting is moderate and higher than anticipated. Moreover, the animation possibilities are also powerful for me to generate amazing effects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the starting up scene might turn black (primarily because of my CPU storage is insufficient I guess), however, it did caused confusion to me for the first few times.

Other than that, I believe it would be the short period of trial licence haha!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is worth a try, whichever 3D rendering software you are using. It has a rather fluent connection with SolidWorks, and it has a much faster speed compared with Blender when I used them to export. Overall, the product is amazing.

This was a huge support for my final year project in Uni. I was able to render realistic models and animations from these effects, and the product looked real and the end result turned out to be good and amazing.

KeyShot review by Fábio M.
Fábio M.

"Very Good Design Companion"

What do you like best?

As a Product Designer, I love Keyshot, I have tried other 3D rendering software but none comes to the same level of speed and quality of the final image.

With keyshot, paired with solidworks, you can, in a matter of minutes, have your model rendered in studio lighting with a very complete texture library to chose from.

The textures are very good, very customizable, you can literally replicated any texture you want.

Model animations, and turntable effects are very easy to do.

The drag and drop interface is very easy to use.

HDRI MAP editor is very good and easy to use as well

What do you dislike?

Keyshot uses quite a bit of resources, If you have an older computer or a mid range laptop you can forget multitasking while rendering an image, Make sure you have, at least, a intel quad core i5 ou i7, and 8 gb of ram, minimum.

Keyshot only uses your Processor, so make sure your have a good one, mine is a mobile intel i7 quadcore (asus N550JK) which is quite fast, bue a desktop sixcore or eightcore would be a lot better.

I would like to have Graphics Card support, which would speed up the rendering process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good 3D renderer, recommend it to anybody who works with models and wants to render them quikly and with photorealistic quality

Very Fast and photorealistic rendering.

Very easy to use for beginners or professionals

KeyShot review by William B.
William B.

"A beautifully simple and intuitive rendering product that has hidden capabilites!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the "drag and drop" method of applying materials, lighting, studio, etc that keyshot has. It's rather intuitive and simple. The clean menus and importing of parts and models really speaks volumes to the work that was done to create this program!

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike other than the extreme burden this will put on your computer. Make sure you are using a capable machine before you start and save yourself some frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, make sure your computer has the chops to handle the rendering. Second, the more you play, the more you will learn and discover the power of KeyShot! There are finite controls you can use, so make sure to look through tutorials and the user guide!

I use this to bring photo realistic renders to clients. It can help visualize a design in great detail after you've done your CAD work and concept sketching.

KeyShot review by Mateo V.
Mateo V.

"Incredible rendering quality, really usefull software."

What do you like best?

As a 3D generalist I love keyshot because it's easy to use, and you can get the hang of it really quick, I have tried several 3D rendering software, and I found keyshot the most intuitive.

With keyshot you can get really high quality renders, Its material and enviroment lightning allows me to spend more time designing than figuring out how to configure lighting or materials like any other software.

What do you dislike?

Overall it's a really complete software, but sometimes I need to use a displacement map, and keyshot does not have that option.

But since every update brings a lot of new features to keyshot I believe they will cover that soon

I use keyshot to create high quality renderings of the characters I design.

One of the benefits of using Keyshot is that I don't have to spend time tweaking and setting lights and materials.

KeyShot review by Toni P.
Toni P.

"Rendering without time wasting"

What do you like best?

I've always liked the rendering part, for me and my clients its the best way to represent something. But it's not always easy to find the time to do it properly. Hopefully there's Keyshot, easy to use still giving great results and full with features.

What do you dislike?

The price is high even if it's reasonably high, reason why I didn't upgrade to the last release on my current job place. Technically talking it could make some troubles between all the file extensions it opens, so it needs practice to find out the best way to export the 3d file.

It's easy, it's fast. This is what many works need and Keyshot helps a lot.

KeyShot review by Anthony N.
Anthony N.

"The best way I've found to render."

What do you like best?

Keyshot is an easy to use, extremely powerful piece of software that works for professionals as well as amateurs. It gives designers like myself an ability to experiement with material, texture, finish and color of parts of a design without having to hand render with markers which can take hours.

What do you dislike?

Rendering is inevitably an extremely resource hungry endevor, and slower computers have a lot of trouble with it. If someone has a slower computer, the live render preview may not be giving them an accurate picture of how the final render will look and they wont be aware of changes they need to make until the render has fully processed, which can take hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research the minor adjustments that can improve the renderings, like texture scale, depth of field and field of view.

Solving problem of deciding on materials for production and manufacturing

KeyShot review by Gabriel H.
Gabriel H.

"Keyshot- Best rendering software for simple and fast results"

What do you like best?

It has a Material Library easy to customize, Hdri Library.

Very easy to learn as begigner, friendly interface.

Quite well optimized.

Great compatibility (large number of files cpompatible for import)

Very easy to setup a simple animation (presets already made)

Material editor is very easy to use to edit materials.

Camera- very easy to use and have enough adjustments .

What do you dislike?

Not too mnay options to deliver a Professional Level Render

I don't like that doesn't have an integrated "system of lighting" - Sun / Plane / Spheriphical / Circular LIGHT

Final render - usually a bit hard to achieve natural effect.

Unexpected system crash

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best choice for learning to render.

Reccomand to small companies that have to provide good quality rendering in good time.

Provide real time rendering/ Quick renders.

Time saving

KeyShot review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Keyshot has brought a fast solution to send customers more realistic images"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software to get a rendering done and out using the basic options. When you want a fast turn around for some of your basic images, Keyshot makes it painless to get them done.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes to get the actual rendering computed can be long. I like the fact that you can put multiple renderings in a "queue" to render while you go do something else, but it does take a while to get done and uses a lot of computing power. You have the option of going to computing "farms" offsite, But I have not tried those as of yet.

Getting the customer to better understand the end products visually is huge. They can really get a good look at the possibilities of the product before anything has even been produced beyond the digital realm.

KeyShot review by Paulo C.
Paulo C.

"A great tool if you want to produce rendering jobs and you are not a geek!"

What do you like best?

This tool is so easy to use that the first time I got in touch with it, I lost some twenty minutes looking for menus and options that simply don´t exist. You just have to drag the material to your 3d model and make some small tweaks. If you are working in product design research this is the render engine you need.

What do you dislike?

Not so useful for architecture and interior design work. Sometimes, adjusting 360º panoramas as an environment can be a very, very difficult process. Mapping materials is not so difficult but using labels (textures printed on objects) can lead to a tedious and slow task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the product design research area, this is great. If you need to render spaces - in Architecture or Interior Design, you must look for other solution.

Product design.

Fast results when you need it. Excellent if you need to deliver some sketches to a potential client.

KeyShot review by Srinivas J.
Srinivas J.

"Keyshot review"

What do you like best?

The best rendering software I have worked with upto now, Simple to use and easy to understand.

Lot of options given to use different materials and lighting setup all in realtime.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular or all over to dislike, It works to my comfort zone and has always been helpful, no complaints, many more features could be added though

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want amazing output renders without the hassle of creating your own light setups for any model or animation, characters to hardsurface, this rendering engine does it in realtime and is greeat

Easy and fast render setup provided with easily modifiable controls instead of using lot of time to create my setup in vray

KeyShot review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Rendering made simple"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is so simplify it makes rendering easy to have a great image of your product. Plus they are always improving the software for better results. Material modification is great. Their Cloud material library is great.

What do you dislike?

When having some parameters as Depth of Field, rendering time takes to long. Material modification is great altough advanced modifications is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot meets the expectations that your are looking for for an accesible price. It´s easy to use as the interface is pretty friendly.

Quality rendering with a great perception on the materials and reflections.

User in Design

"Keyshot is a great program for rendering"

What do you like best?

Keyshot has a lot of tools and flexibility that allows you to render your design to any context necessary. If you still can't find exactly what you are looking for after looking through their libraries and adjustment abilities, you can even create your own setups and environments from any image (match the lighting, perspective, reflections, etc). I also love the feature of being able to set up a queue for all your renders to make your rendering process more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I wish some materials could be a little more realistic such as the woodgrains. It would be cool if you could take and image of a wood slab, and drop it in, and have that object fit the volume of the solid you are working with. I wish it were a little quicker with updating as you work in the program, and not lag as you move or rotate objects. Label placement and scale has been a little strange for me as well.

Another thing would be having the preview more accurate to what the final rendering would be. I find a lot of times, I'll set up an environment, to find it reflecting way to bright or show a material in an undesired way as it's rendering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KeyShot has a lot to offer and take advantage of for rendering. If using SolidWorks, take advantage of the plugin to export directly into KeyShot

Keyshot is great for creating close to real-life images of designs to show to clients. This helps remove any bias that might come from not being able to visualize the final product well.

KeyShot review by User

"keyshot for a productdesign"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is the good program for professional worker that can't spend a lot of time for setting a render but at the some time they need a good quality render visualization.

Also you can import directly the 3d models from the native formats of a lot of different 3D modelling programs.

Another very usefull features that this program has is the plug-in that connects keyshot directly to different 3D modelling programs, like this if you made some upgrade at the 3d model do you don't need to re-import the model 3d in keyshot and re-set all the staff for the rendering but automatically then keyshot you will have 3d model upgrade

What do you dislike?

Is a very easy program but some times the setting of HDRI maps and light are limited

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program to industrial and product designer that focus their time in the quality of the project and with short time they can make good render

You can improve the quality of your work because reduce a lot the time for produce the render.

User in Design

"Easy-to-use features and great library."

What do you like best?

KeyShot is very user-friendly, it has nice and simple interface that is easy to learn and use. Drag and drop feature is convenient. Good amount of material selections in the material library. I like the capability of customizing materials. Overall, it creates professional quality rendering.

What do you dislike?

I wish KeyShot allows its user to open multiple tabs of different files at a time. Scaling and moving is sometimes difficult to control. I also do not like the fact that all the parts with the same colors are linked together when imported, I have to either charge colors of each part before importing into KeyShot, or unlink each material one by one after importing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KeyShot Float is a nice thing to consider if you have multiple computers and will not use them at the same time.

It allows us designers to present our ideas and designs clearly to other departments and clients. We also use it to create renderings for use on brochures and catalogs.

User in Design

"A necessary tool that provides endless frustration"

What do you like best?

I like that Keyshot can produce great looking renderings and animations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cumbersome process of working between Keyshot and solidworks. While the plugin is nice for quick import, I find the "update" feature to be worthless. Applied materials suddenly jump around and nothing stays consistent. I prefer to re import my model each time I make an update just so keyshot doesn't switch a material around that I end up not noticing until I have already rendered. Sometimes I wait 10 minutes for an import to complete, only to have no geometry show up. Or random surfaces and parts will randomly appear. Or material differentiation will no longer remain.

Assembly mates are not transferred into Keyshot from Solidworks. Moving parts of a model becomes an agonizing process. I either tediously translate and duplicate parts in keyshot, or import multiple models for the various movements. Importing multiple large assemblies ends up making Keyshot get incredibly slow. Solidworks 2016 has bunkspeed rendering integrated which could give keyshot a run for its money. The ability to be able to harness the mates and mobility of my model since it would never leave Solidworks is huge. Along with the aspect of never having to import.

Keyshot brings in models at differing scales all the time, even within the same scene. Why is one imported solidworks file a scale of 1 and another .0023.

Keyshot files easily corrupt when using the keyshot feature tree to restructure parts. Tech support acknowledged that this happens long ago, yet it has not been corrected.

Over the years Keyshot has added so many different check boxes and options, and it really isn't clear what they all do or how they will impact my renderings. A popup description next to these items would be great. It seems like crap just keeps getting layered on and detracting from actually making a good rendering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the moment keyshot will provides the easiest way to get great renderings. However many flaws within the workflow have the potential to cause a great deal of frustration. New products such as Bunkspeed integrated into solidworks, or Fusion 360 that include integrated rendering might give keyshot a run for its money. However it is unclear if their end product quality is better or not.

We need to provide high fidelity concept renderings to our clients to convey ideas and move forward in a project.

KeyShot review by Ke'Don F.
Ke'Don F.

"The treat after creating a complex model"

What do you like best?

Being able to apply real textures and color maps that pushes your model to the level. Amazing renders when quality setting are properly adjusted. The camera settings feature such a blurred and focused with dept perception also give a great touch to any masterpiece. Keyshot allows you to edit any material down to the decimal giving you complete control over your selected material.

What do you dislike?

System crashs are the worse, which is extremely fustrating when working on a complex model. The perspective view is another problem when trying to adjust to an imported photo background. Lighting environments are also a testy problem and take a few moments to adjust to a decent a realistic lighting feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to fully edit your environment lighting by adding and subtracting light within the program.

The main benefits of this program is the bump,color and label maps. Being able to duplicate parts and models is also a big help in this program.

KeyShot review by Eduardo R.
Eduardo R.

"Keyshot overview"

What do you like best?

One of the best characteristics of keyshot is the fast improvement on each release, I start working with it since the first release and is impressive how much they have improve over the years. The interface is quite simple to use, so even if you are a beginner with non experience on rendering you can accomplish decent results in matter of minutes with out even get inside the HDRI editor or the editing materials.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike will be the post process, I will like to have a basic contrast and levels for the output render, and more texture materials, for special effects. Also will be nice to have a texture editor to create bump maps. All those issues can be solve using post process on another software such as Photoshop, but will be nice to have it all in one pack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot has a pretty good forum community always ready for help and share. To learn the basics I will recommend to subscribe to his official youtube channel and check the webinars.

Speed is the main asset for this software. Most of the time the client needs fast renders from several views on a short time or several color variations.

KeyShot review by Félix U.
Félix U.

"Keyshot helps me to improvise and be creative with nice and professionally results in a short time. "

What do you like best?

Hi! I’m a industrial Designer from Argentina.

I use frequently KeyShot for all my Works and proyects. When im done with the 3D modeling of a product or an object in SolidWorks, I import the model into KeyShot without any problem and I instantly start testing differents materials, textures and lights in a really easy and intuitive way, thanks to his simple interface design. It is easy as you select the material that you want and drop it in the 3D model.

Next I do many diferent reders, very fast, because KeyShot have a very powerful render technology and also, one of the qualities that have, is that is rendering in realtime. Everything inside KeyShot happens in realtime, thats aloud you to see the results of all the materials you chose and adjust the lighting and the camera really fast.

The speed who brings KeyShot cannot be compared. So this helps me to achieve nice and professionals results in my work with really realistic definitions.

KeyShot is a very powerful and strong tool and highly satisfactory, something that other software could not bring me. I highly recomend it and I assure you an excelent result in your proyects in a short time.

Keyshot helps me to do something that no other software could…it helps me to improvise and be creative. And it’s fun.

You can see some of my Works in my profile of behance (Behance.net/usellini.di)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I would like to have more variety of environment, have more options epecially on outdoor and incide lighting enviroments. Also more backplates will be great. The textures could be better but you can adjust all that kind of editions if you like.

I use KeyShot to create photorealistic images or renders of my 3D models of any industrial-commercial product, decorative objects , furnitures , electronic devices , etc. Also I create animations very fast and uploud the data directly to the web ( KeyShotVR ) for sharing my work and proyects with everyone more profesionally using only one link.

KeyShot review by Chen W.
Chen W.

"Smooth and handy"

What do you like best?

The efficiency and usability of Keyshot is impressive. I do like the interface and all the settings. The new animation tool is very handy and smooth, it is very easy to edit and preview the animation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that how I import new models or scenes to Keyshot and I have to redo all the settings to the model, like material. I don't like the group feature either, it is difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it is very easy to hand on. I do like the animation tool which you can make a animation rendering very easy and quick. It can showcase your design in a motion, which is more straightforward and clear.

I am a designer, I use keyshot to render my designs and showcase my design to clients. I do enjoy the efficiency and quality of Keyshot. I used Keyshot to render my shoe design, which is very complicated on the surface and material rendering. But Keyshot did a great job on rendering my shoe. Now I am doing robot design, which includes lots of parts, I really like the glossness of metal.

KeyShot review by Owen W.
Owen W.

"Keyshot Review - Positive experience overall"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Keyshot is to use. Simply drag and drop the type of material you want, and it immediately updates your model visually.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other rendering software I have used, Keyshot has less versatility and functionality. For example, I have done a lot of work in Blender's Cycles rendering engine, which gives almost limitless control when it comes to rendering complex textures, and this is something that Keyshot cannot do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot is great for some things, but it's always good to pick the type of 3D software that's right for your needs. In my experience, Keyshot is really good for very fast, quick renderings for industrial design and engineering, but it's not good for more complex rendering tasks such as concept art.

I am currently an industrial design student, so I have used Keyshot as a means to render many of my projects over the years. I have also done some freelance industrial design work where I used Keyshot to produce renderings for my product design concepts.

KeyShot review by Arthur R.
Arthur R.

"Easy and fast way of rendering products. My creativity has never felt so free."

What do you like best?

Easy of use and quick and interactive learning progress. I'd say that one can learn how to use KeyShot and all its features in about one week of intense practicing. That is so little time for learning a software that will give you stunning, pro-looking product renders in a fraction of time.

This, however, doesn't mean that KeyShot lacks of features. In fact, the opposite applies – this rendering tool is provided with many controls and fine-tuning adjustments. Also, the built-in material library is astounding, ad the HDRI editor is amazing. That means that, in 90% of the time, KeyShot will allow you to get just the picture you had in mind.

In addition, the animation feature comes in handy. As you'd expect, it's very simple and easy to use as well. If you know the basics of timelines and keyframes, you'll master this feature as quick as the blink of an eye.

What do you dislike?

Despite the ease of use, quick learning and great flexibility, KeyShot has its downsides. I've been using this software for about three years and I've been thinking on moving on to a more professional rendering app.

Sometimes, you'll notice that the renderings don't look as photorealistic as you'd expect, specially if you're working with a scene with more than one element. The best looking pictures you can achieve is by enabling the "Interior mode", that simulates light rays bounces closer to what happens in the real world. But it's still not real enough – the ambient occlusion doesn't always look right and the overall picture look somewhat fake and with no depth in colors and shadows. Sometimes Photoshop can solve this problem, but it's something that could be avoided by introducing a better render engine (without increasing rendering time).

Also, another detail that bothers me is the disappointing depth of field option. It always looks grainy and fake, and adds up a lot of rendering time.

3D visualization and concepts renderings generation. I've accomplished a fairly good number of positive feedback on YouTube, Behance and some tech news websites with my devices and design concepts of future products.

KeyShot review by Pierre B.
Pierre B.

"Perfect for fast renderings"

What do you like best?

I use Keyshot for my design studies for 4 years now. I learned everything by myself and the software is really intuitive and easy to handle.

This software can import a huge number of files with a large range of extension.

Moreover, a direct link with HDRLight Studio is build with the software, you don't need extra plug-in.

During using, you will find a large default library of material (split in different categories), environement and the Pantone colors too.

Camera are also really easy to move, especially with the "look this point" option, which allow to select directly a focus point in the scene.

About the renderings, you have not so much settings to manage, "time" or "quality" are clearly enought and the ratio quality/time is really good.

Another thing interesting is the "Rendering queue". You just have to set a view, add to the queue and move to the next one. At the end, just start the queue and wait for all.

Keyshot can also render animations, and you can set keyshot to render it frame by frame or directly in the movie.

What do you dislike?

Globally it's a good software, but it's not possible to use displacement map for texturing and the output channels can be better with a shadow channel.

But this is just few details if you want something really perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A really great software to start with rendering softwares.

I use keyshot for my differents design project to have a good realistic overview/details in a short time.

KeyShot review by Joris M.
Joris M.

"Beautiful results, but not so easy to learn"

What do you like best?

It's a rendering program and that's what is does. The result can be stunning. You can manipulate the materials, lights, environment,...

You receive a standard list of materials, colors, environments, backplates and textures to use.

You can choose how much power Keyshot uses from your PC. If you don't use all the CPU cores the rendering can be done in the background.

What do you dislike?

I found it difficult to add different material styles or colour to a single part. I also miss a good plywood texture for bended plywood and an easy way to add correct wood texture to wood.

There are not much extra free materials.

A good render saved us several real live samples.

Much clients can't imagine how an object will look like with only technical drawings, so a good render is needed to understand what we designed.

KeyShot review by David C.
David C.

"Excellent render software"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is an excellent software, is very light to be supported by our computers, it has broad compatibility with 3d modeling software, is easy to learn and use.

You can get renders so quickly, it is very useful in industrial design to present new products or making catalogs

What do you dislike?

I would like know more about how create my own materials, i dont know if keyshot has a web portal with people sharing materials these is always a good idea.

I dont know if the software can be configured to improve the rendering time using the computer cores and grafics card no matter wheter of one brand or another

Prepare scenaries to render was always a slow task, it improves with keyshot because it has a very good library to get good results without wasting times also is easy edit them.

Is an easy software to learn and teach

KeyShot review by Allison A.
Allison A.

"KeyShot is the best at creating fast, amazing and accurate visuals"

What do you like best?

I like that the complimentary trial provides all the functions, so you can really see if the program will be helpful to you. I actually like that it assists offer customers a more sensible visual of my work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it takes a lot area on your computer system, and is quite sluggish to download. It is likewise costly.

I really like that it helps me give clients a more realistic visual of my work.

KeyShot review by User in Research
User in Research

"Create render with 3D files"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity to use this software, and the rapidity you can get satisfactory results. Lots of materials are already ready to use, and you can import other with simple tools. HDRI support is also intuitive and qualitative. Real time render allow you to view directly if the result match with what you expect.

What do you dislike?

You can hardly edit 3D models you import, such as moving individual parts. The ease of use of the software make it difficult if you want to go deeper in the quality of the render. Even if you can manage a lot of parameter, you can't expect having a photorealistic results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot provide very good renders rapidly without modifying too much parameters. However you don't get as good result as integrated 3D tool such as V-ray.

I'm doing rendering to present 3D representation, The benefit i get by using Keyshot is geting quick quality renders. In Some minutes, you can place material and adjust them on depending on your needs. The files that you end up with is directly usable in photoshop. In this way you can edit easily and instantly by selecting textures in photoshop thanks to multilayer psd generated from keyshot.

KeyShot review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Automotive rendering in Keyshot"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy and intuitive it is to use. The click and drag features for different shaders are particularly useful. I also liked how easy it was to make and install your own custom environments, and to make changes to some of the pre-packaged shaders/ materials

What do you dislike?

For automotive renderings Keyshot can be quite hard to achieve a lighting environment that looks realistic on A vehicle. Often times the images are blown out and the metal flakes on many shaders simply do not look correct

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of trial and error to get the best results you will have to customize many options to fit your product

I use Keyshot often in my work to visualize new car designs that I have created. I like the shot because if it's ease of use and great speed and visualizing what I am creating in real time

KeyShot review by Manish K.
Manish K.

"Keyshot is a go to software quick visualization."

What do you like best?

Very good software for checking the surface details and analyse. Quick shading library. Easy lighting and it is incorporated with 3rd party lighting software with one click. Good software for jewellery and liquids.

What do you dislike?

First thing the software shutdown without any notification. And no render layers are available for composting. No room to create advanced shader. It is not good unless you have hdri. Unit setup is not reliable. No color profile is installed and needs color correction in composting software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick solution for visualisation and for surface analysis

Quick visualisation for any product and scene. Checking surface quality of cad file.

User in Design

"Easy for any type of 3D model rendering "

What do you like best?

Acceptability of all types of 3D modelled in any software. Easy applications of materials amd even get new or make new as per your need.

What do you dislike?

Not clear visuals as it renders real time while we put the materials and textures in, gives s hard times to eyes to judge the finishes. More component leads to longer rendering times

Recommendations to others considering the product

If quality of model is good, we get better reflections in keyshot

Visualisation of products made easier and final imaginations to be kept easily in front of the decision makers in the company. Helps alot with internal communication.

KeyShot review by Rachel d.
Rachel d.

"Easy to use, great results"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use

- Simple user interface

- Color and material options

- Easy to add to materials library

What do you dislike?

- Price point can be a deterrent for freelancers, but you get what you pay for.

- Wood material can be a little iffy to use, but adjustments can be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be a pirate. If you want it, buy it and support those who worked hard to develop this software. It's worth the investment.

Sometimes CAD models need additional rendering to better convey the idea and CMF possibilities. KeyShot is great for adding another level of realism to something that has yet to be produced.

KeyShot review by User

"Initially accessible, but a lot of hidden features for the more experienced"

What do you like best?

Keyshot allows me to produce professional quality renderings of the products that I build in programs such as Solidworks and Alias. The best aspect of Keyshot over other rendering software I've experienced is it's ability to map complex textures. I've done products with light elements and other components behind fabric in Keyshot that I did not believe I was going to be able to generate without Photoshop. I've also seen hyper realistic sub-surface scattering to create skin-like textures from the work of my peers.

What do you dislike?

Lighting is well rendered but can be difficult to control if you are trying to do something more complicated, such as using your model as the light source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent texture renderings, abundance of content through Keyshot cloud

Keyshot allows me to create professional photo-realistic renderings that are necessary for fully communicating my design to others.

User in Design

"A great software for quick rendering"

What do you like best?

Importing a file is super simple, and you can start working on materials super fast. There is a good material library and you can easily edit all of them. The rendering in real time is extremely useful, depending on the power of your computer you can have a quick idea of what your rendering will looks like. Having light scenes implemented is great and you can adjust them.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't feel like realistic renderings. A lot of settings is great but sometimes you are completely lost and don't know what are the effects of the settings. The light scenes are a good way of having a quick rendering, but it's a bit tricky when you want to have multiple lights or a precise light orientation.

Use keyshot as a product designer, for quick rendering for the clients.

KeyShot review by Gary M.
Gary M.

"Incredibly high powered tool"

What do you like best?

Render quality. Keyshot generates the best texture, color, and light renders. The lighting and material controls are easy to use, and they are made to create pleasing results from any combination of settings. I was able to easily create explanatory, communicative renders to show how things work and interact, and then create dramatic, product photograpy-esque renders to sell the design.

What do you dislike?

In general, this is a complicated software, so the UI and UX are usually the things to suffer. Continued refinement of the controls for editing materials, lights, and scenes will help dramatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it.

I used this product primarily when I was in school. I used Keyshot to create renders of my Industrial Design studio projects for presentation and communication. Keyshot makes it easy to go from solidworks model to beautiful marketing image.

KeyShot review by Islam E.
Islam E.

"CUSTOM HARLEY DAVIDSON"

What do you like best?

keyshot is very smart render its gives me 90% for what i need. very good in lighting and very fast for for low poly models. i feel comfortable with it.simple and easy

What do you dislike?

i think i need more options to make texture and i need more materials i think that i dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is what I advise my designers

sometimes i do need to render some simple models quickly without crashing my pc and that what i found it in keyshot..about benefits like i said before is so important to me to my tasks faster render

KeyShot review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"The perfect tool for a Senior Designer"

What do you like best?

Sometimes you don't have time to do a good rendering, to set all the environment lights the materials and so on. Keyshot is the perfect way to give to your customer an high quality rendering in few steps. I always use it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some crash happen and you don't have a backup file as far as i saw

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save multiple copies of your works to avoid to loose the work of few hours

I'm able to create all the material for fairs, catalogue and leaflet of unexisting products and it seem they are already produced.

User in Design

"Very easy to use render software"

What do you like best?

Is probably one of the best render softwares on the market, it is very easy to use and create great images very fast.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only thing that I don´t like is the constant update that make the software more and more complex without any improve on the result

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial version first, you will love it

Is great to explore and show a design with a client, render live was the key on some projects

KeyShot review by Eugene K.
Eugene K.

"Keyshot is lean and mean!!"

What do you like best?

I like how light and lean the software is. I have used many different type of rendering software for my 3D projects and keyshot is one of the lightest and fastest software. But also capable of rendering very heavy object files. I really appreciate this fast/lightness of a rendering software.

Unless you are a professional interior /architectural designer, I don't think you need all the features such as v-ray and custom light source modifications.

Eugene

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I dislike.

I like it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very light and fast software. should solve all your rendering tasks.

I design packaging for cosmetic industry. so I often have to present my ideas using 3D realization/ photo-realistic finishes. I like how keyshot because it is compatible with solidworks as well.

KeyShot review by CheeMin L.
CheeMin L.

"Keyshot provides awesome detailed renders for industrial design projects."

What do you like best?

The best part about keyshot is that it allows you to use multiple materials for your designs thus, allowing the user to see what their product would look like in different circumstances.

What do you dislike?

To allow a very detailed render, it may take a longer time by adjusting the render time. It may be inconvenient but the quality definitely does show in the outcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyshot allows quality renders for projects. It can provide a realistic image to allow people to visualize easily what the product may look like.

none.

KeyShot review by Antoine G.
Antoine G.

"Perfect software for designers"

What do you like best?

Keyshot is a wonderfull software, fast and powerfull. The interface is super simple, clear and Easy to understand. You have 4-5 thumbnails with everything inside.

The software is very simple, you have only the options you need for a good render.

keyshot is perfect to render fast and try different colors, textures and finitions. You can integrate in a environnement super easily.

It is not made for ultra realistic renders but for fast and good renders.

You dont have to learn how to use it as it is so simple !

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could be improved could be the quality of the render.

Otherwise it is a great software.

I used it to try different finitions on products and put them into an environnement.

KeyShot review by Luca F.
Luca F.

"Amazing speed with amazing quality"

What do you like best?

Putting material it never been that easy and funny (even easely customizable with bump and normal maps).

Some rendering feature like setting focus on camera or the HDR integrated software are very usefull.

What do you dislike?

Actually you cannot export the renderings queue to use the file in other computers. This would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need fast renderings with amazing results for your products this is a must-have tool for you.

I’m saving a lot of time by doing amazing rendering to present my product.

KeyShot review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Powerful rendering software"

What do you like best?

Imports a large variety of models quickly from almost any 3d software. Sometimes you don't even have to export the native model as a general format.

What do you dislike?

As with all rendering software it can bog down your computer if you're multitasking. I found that the more advanced tasks in the UI weren't very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get access the cloud and download additional materials and environments etc.

Professional level rendering

KeyShot review by Benjamin Z.
Benjamin Z.

"High quality, easy-to-use renderer"

What do you like best?

The simplest interface and learning curve, yet extremely high quality results in very little time. Keyshot can create renderings competitive with much more expensive software, in a fraction of the time. I like how Keyshot shows the image as it's being rendered, pixel-by-pixel.

What do you dislike?

Inability to set up individual lights or complex environments. Real-time rendering is less efficient than I've seen in other programs, making tumbling around a model difficult at times when framerate drops and it takes a while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple yet powerful, Keyshot will meet the majority of rendering quality needs with very little time investment.

Extremely high quality renderings in very little time. Very simple to use with little to no training.

"KeyShot Review"

What do you like best?

KeyShot it is really easy to learn and use. It is perfect for 3d products rendering. I prefer to use this software rather than Soldiworks or 3d studio max for my renders. You can set up a scene with the lights and materials in 20 mn and the result is really photorealistic. I would recommend all industrial designers to use this software.

What do you dislike?

KeyShot can be a bit slow if there is to much pieces imports and sometimes I have troubles to import a project from solidworks.

KeyShot is great for rendering all my design projects, I am winning a lot of time since I am using it and the quality of the rendering is better than any other software.

KeyShot review by John B.
John B.

"Great tool for photo like quality renderings"

What do you like best?

The best part of the software is the great images it creates. It is easy to use. Also the ability to import about any type of CAD file.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the time it takes to load files. That could be based on the machine it is being run on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the other software options, but come back to Keyshot. You will see nothing better.

Our business needs have greatly been solved by the way that keyshot creates the images. It takes less time to create the images in Keyshot then by using the native CAD software.

KeyShot review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"My Keyshot Experience"

What do you like best?

The best thing of keyshot is its intuitiveness and its facility to use. Even when you start and you don't know how to use the software you can reach good results just playing with some options.

When I firstly started to use Keyshot my need was to reach better results without losing much time with all the settings of the material, enviroment, etc., that my previous renderer had, I needed faster rusults but with a good quality.

After some time of use now my library of materials increased, and also my skills, now I reach excellent results in few steps. And if I decide to dedicate more time, the results are even more marvelous.

What do you dislike?

The thing that today in my opinion should be improved first of all is the texture mapping, that more than often must be set previously in the design software you use. Something that anyway with some experience you can overstep. Even, I often have some problems with the normal map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with the commands, play with the enviroments and the editor and excellent results will are arrive shortly.

Just remember you always have to prepare the file properly before importing it to Keyshot to compensate some missings (texture mapping, UV, normal map, etc.)

In FMCG are often needed lot of renderings or animations with different points of view and in short times.

Keyshot solves the problem.

KeyShot review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Good for learners"

What do you like best?

The library and forum of the software is very helpful.

Though you may not end up using the materials and environment the are default in the library, but it saves time to get the closest possible feel of the material needed and the same can be edited to get the desired effect.

Also the environments available can be edited easily, size or the lights and its position, to get the shadows and highlights properly.

Always a post production software is needed though to get the final render.

What do you dislike?

The lighting renders in keyshot are not up to the mark.

Area light and point light features are not useful to get a good lighting effect.

Also the integration with 3D modelling software is confusing as changes in both softwares can be done and at the end it hard to track them individually.

Also same happens when we import a model to merge with an existing model in keyshot. It does not support integration for both then.

We mostly work on product realisation and visualisation for showing the features and the form of the product on our website.

Also using storyboard helps us to get more clarity into the working of the product.

Animation of the exploded view or the moving parts in the products can be made into a video to give an immersive experience.

All this helps in explaining the product throughly only through visuals which is desirable when the product is to be showcased on line.

"love at first sight"

What do you like best?

im a beginner in digital rendering and had experience with a few programs, but once i ran into KeyShot, i just stopped looking for any other option. Compared to other experiences i've had, KeyShot was the easiest to get a decent scene with almost no effort at all. by setting only a few things i could get a pretty good shot, which, in the beginning was already enough for me. with time i got better at it and could make even better poses.

What do you dislike?

i think the moving of objects could get better. i had really big issues with it in the beginning and now im able to work with it but im not really happy about how poorly it works. there should be some way to create relations between objects, otherwise creating a big scene is just a nightmare. i usually set the scene in SolidWorks and export to KeyShot afterwards.

im a young designer; just graduated from college, trying to make my way into the market and selling my own furniture and other products. KeyShot helps me show my skills in digital 3d modelling and rendering to costumers and possible employers. this gives me credibility to keep my work going.

User in Design

"Excellent, realistic renders made easy for students!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about keyshot is

- Its easy to learn, WYSWYG interface, which makes it easy to get a hang of it for the beginners.

- The lighting! which is very easy to play with and realistic.

- Materials like glass and plastic render superbly in Keyshot, with various finishes!

- Ability to take render an solidowrks assembly, part by part...and the ability to hide a part at will!

What do you dislike?

- The light settings can somewhat be arrived at by playing around, but not always the case that it can be exactly replicated.

- The fact that the software used only my PC processor and RAm rather than my graphic card, which limits my playing around the software like solidworks simultaneously impossible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to learn and very easy and realistic for student level!

Quick modelling to software rendering downtime, making it easy for the people to actually "see" the product finish and trim which we designers fret about so much and they dont understand why we are!

Have not used i for business yet as I still am a student!

"Student User"

What do you like best?

I've used other rendering programs in the past, and nothing was as user-friendly as Keyshot. I had great luck using this in school to quickly render several furniture designs in a short period. The consistencies in the program allowed me to easily create a coordinating product collection that rendered as such.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that anything in particular stands out in a negative way for me. Keyshot is far and above other rendering software I was exposed to in school, and will continue to be the standard for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak to the full extent of what all can be achieved via Keyshot, but I can absolutely say that it is what I will stick with for my work.

Keyshot is crucial to me for rendering product designs realistically- which is absolutely key in furniture and product designs. It makes it simple to take my models from "in-progress" to feeling like a real, complete package.

KeyShot review by Julia Marina C.
Julia Marina C.

"useful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

there is a lot of personalization options, is easy to use, the materials library is diverse.

What do you dislike?

The animation configuration could be easier and also give more options of possible movements.

Well, to be fair, I'm a design student, so I use Keyshot for university projects and sometimes to join design competitions. I think the results I get with Keyshot are pretty good in terms of product representation, if well managed it looks very real.

KeyShot review by Daniel Fernando M.
Daniel Fernando M.

"Great rendering software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use , and it have amazing results. I think most designers love it. It is easy to make animations and images of your 3D models.

What do you dislike?

You need a very powerful computer if you want quick renders in a good quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing for your renders , highly recommend.

I use it to get realistic images of my products.

KeyShot review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It's such a great rendering program! It takes your CAD part or assembly and makes it look real. It's absolutely amazing how it makes products look. It's also nice when you can queue up renders for overnight work. It does take up a huge chunk of CPU power but that's worth it in the end for the renders that KeyShot comes out with.

If you have a great CPU in your PC, then the renders finish up really quick! So if you're willing to dish out cash for a program like this, it doesn't hurt to go for a better CPU for the computer that will be utilizing KeyShot.

What do you dislike?

When you've worked in KeyShot for a while, the real time render starts to make your vision go away. If you pause the real time render you won't be able to adjust the part or assembly itself. So that's not helpful. But if you use KeyShot for short bursts amounts of time, or you just get used to the constant adjustment from real time render. It's definitely worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a great program if you're willing to pay for it!

We use it to portray upcoming products for manufacturers as well as help with product launches.

KeyShot review by User

"Simple and a very effective software"

What do you like best?

The software's simplicity is what caught my attention. Just drag and drop from the vast library of many materials, environment and textures. If this software, used properly on a good and detailed 3d model, ultra realistic renders could be made. Also this software uses CPU instead of GPU, and hence it works on almost all PC's (you need not have a powerful GPU).

What do you dislike?

The software tends to slow down the system when artificial lighting is used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful rendering tool. Go for it.

A concept could be shown and pitched for even before any prototype is made. With numerous lighting techniques and environments, you can make anyone like your product.

KeyShot review by Haiden G.
Haiden G.

"Keyshot has been an invaluable resource for me to render out my design intents in high fidelity."

What do you like best?

I like the quick, easy, drag & drop application of materials, lighting and colorways. I also appreciate the real time render feature that allows you to see exactly what's happening and when.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that it costs so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth your while, and will be the easiest setup you encounter.

Selling through visions of product concepts that were previously only possible using sketching and markers.

KeyShot review by User in Higher Education

"KeyShot is an amazing rendering tool for 3D Models."

What do you like best?

KeyShot has great graphic rendering quality with high resemblance to real-life materials. It offers various materials and settings in which you can manipulate around to get the desired appearance. Also the short video rendering tool is great for product videos.

What do you dislike?

KeyShot does lack some intuitively in 3D exploration interface. Also sometimes the objects look too blurred or too sharp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to adapt to then Vray or Renderman.

I am a product design student who uses KeyShot regularly to create 3D rendering of my concept design before actually making the prototypes. It is a wonderful tool to use because it is simple to use.

KeyShot review by User

"Very usefull sofware for designers."

What do you like best?

I really like the possibility to set your 3D Model with different materials and colors. Especially I really love the way you can see it in real time without doing a proper rendering.

What do you dislike?

It's a good software, but some others are more user friendly and professionals. the interface is also not the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it. It's reallay easy to use and you can see the final result of your work in a few minutes.

I was using this software to realize a lot of renderings for my company. I can easily pass from a basic 3D Model to a Realistic Photorendering in a few minutes.

KeyShot review by John W.
John W.

"Simple. Powerful. Realistic rendering package"

What do you like best?

I like that KeyShot is integrated nicely with Solid Edge 3D CAD, and most all of the other CAD companies. I can take a 3D model I've designed and render it very quickly. Marketing loves when we can provide realistic images of our products before the prototype photoshoot. With KeyShot open, import your BIP files, Alias WIRE, PTC Creo, Rhinoceros, SketchUp, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Pro/ENGINEER, IGES, STEP, OBJ, 3ds, Collada, and FBX data directly. Then you paint your model, then choose lighting, adjust your camera to frame the image and get the correct angle, adjust your background and save.

All in just minutes.

What do you dislike?

It does take a nice sized graphics card, so make sure you have a good one or it will be very sluggish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer you need KeyShot. I'm telling you, you will look at your product in KeyShot and wonder why you didn't render this way before. It's super simple to use and it's helpful in choosing cosmetic aspects of a product. Plus if you're using Solid Edge I know it comes with a free seat of KeyShot.

It has significantly reduced costs by automating the process of creating images of our products in different views, across a variety of materials, textures and lighting. Plus the learning curve is extremely short so my newest designer can get up and going quickly.

KeyShot review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Great Rendering Tool"

What do you like best?

It's an easy and versatile software that takes the pain out of making CAD files beautiful for presentation.

What do you dislike?

My only disposition is the inability to have more than one object open at at time to edit.

The benefits of this product make for better representation of renderings and orthographic views.

KeyShot review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"Keyshot review for product designer. "

What do you like best?

Keyshot is my favorite rendering software for product design. The interface is intuitive, every parameters are modifiable. On the internet, it is easy to find many material samples. The import from Solidworks is simple.

What do you dislike?

This rendering software is a bit tricky for lamps renderings and liquids, but with some experience and experimentation, the job can be done easily.

I design a lot of furniture, sport goods and plastic molded pieces. This software help me to see quickly if my shape is harmonious and well lighted.

KeyShot review by Aniket S.
Aniket S.

"Best User experience"

What do you like best?

With various collection of materials and studio lights, KeyShot helped me to get best renders of my products with less time with better quality.

What do you dislike?

I think there is nothing to dislike this software because it serves the best at its best.

To get best renders of my products that I can show to my client how the product will look in real life scenario is my aim. I am getting the appreciations by client for the work and that's what I needed as achievement.

"Easy way to render"

What do you like best?

The easy way that i can render a product, if i want a medium quality render with a white background , this is my best option

What do you dislike?

The window of material , its so much basic , and it would be great if you could edit in a more complex way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the easy way to render a product

the time in the development of a render, the client feels so happy when i send it in a short time

KeyShot review by User in Higher Education

"good software and getting better all the time. "

What do you like best?

It's fast and most of the result come pretty good. And today they can do animation and VR in keyshot today with makes the software even more powerful than ever.

What do you dislike?

if you forgot something in the modeling software like Rhino or other stuff. Surly you can re-import the model but if you ever changed the name or layer in rhino, it won't read it as you want. It will not replace the one you want replace but will just add a new one, which is a bit of annoying .

well, as a designer and a teacher, keyshot really saves ton of time for me to do design demo and presentations compare with some other software.

KeyShot review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Academic"

What do you like best?

The ability to simulate realistic scenes through lighting and materials.

What do you dislike?

Once materials were selected, it didn't seem intuative to assign materials to individual parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest to my fellow classmates that it is important to explore programs like Keyshot without super specific goals or deadlines in mind. By doing this, you can learn how the tool can be used to benifit your wor

I use keyshot in an academic setting for aiding photo realistic rendering of design concepts.

KeyShot review by Dima V.
Dima V.

" Easy to use and fast program to quality rendering "

What do you like best?

I like simplicity while working in the program, setting materials, scenes, the ability to create their own material, and make changes to the map of the environment

What do you dislike?

sometimes when imported into keyshot. program makes objects are not in the correct scale, maybe the developers have fixed it

Recommendations to others considering the product

For really high quality render you need to properly prepare a 3D model

as for other software for visualization

Fast and quality rendering, including CAD models jewelry

KeyShot review by Natália M.
Natália M.

"Attended my expectations"

What do you like best?

It's very easy and simple to use.

You don't need any advanced knowledge of 3D modelling.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have many tools to increase the rendering.

Sometimes you get a very poor and fake rendering.

I used Keyshot most at work to render some ideas for furniture and jewelry projects.

It gives a good vision of the product so you can really imagine how the product will look like at the end.

KeyShot review by Tomasz B.
Tomasz B.

"Briliant 3D rendering software"

What do you like best?

Keyshot interface is really easy to use and easy to learn. It gives you great results in no time.

Realtime preview, accuracy of renderings and wide possibilities of experimentation make this rendering software my favourite one.

What do you dislike?

Small problems with emissive / area light creating white dots on the materials receiving the light.

Otherwise it is a great software.

It is really perfect for rendering all my concept design and animation projects.

KeyShot review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"I'm very happy with easiness"

What do you like best?

it's easy to work with, you can make great renders

What do you dislike?

it's little difficult to work on some interior design renders

i'm product designer so keyshot is great way to see how will the product look like and what do i need to change to make it better.

i'm also working as freelane interior designer and I can see some difficulties in this area of work

KeyShot review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Keyshot review"

What do you like best?

The diversity of reder materials is exceptional and the use of software is very deductible, very easy to learn and master, even without tutorials's help.

What do you dislike?

I would like that the software could enclude simple tutorials guides to keyshot's animations resources.

I'm doing a packaging render. Keyshot is quick and easy to use plus the numbers of materials you can access in its library.

KeyShot review by Iván P.
Iván P.

"Amazed "

What do you like best?

The software its pretty intuitive and fast to interact. With an easy interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when update a model, the software splits the solid into surfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will get amazing results to your model, with a reallisctic view in a short time.

Present an idea and turn to a real view.

Safes a lot of time to presenat a reallistic view of a product.

KeyShot review by Shayee S.
Shayee S.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Real Time Rendering

Realistic graphics

Huge library of materials and colors

Easy to use

Maximizes computing rsources

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play with it, it is incredibly powerful and easy to use. Just keep practicing with different things in it.

Rendering 3D objects for customers, and supporting their rendering efforts. This aids in marketing products before they have even been built.

"Keyshot Review"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface that makes the rendering process more efficient. built-in material library that gives you basics you need to create your own materials.

What do you dislike?

rendering results are ok qualities not close to production level artwork. It is hard to create high-quality and photo realistic images compared to other CGI render engine.

Keyshot is an effortless rendering that can save a lot of time for internal discussions. For entry-level users Keyshot is a good starting point. And its learning curve is not steep. You can expect to see results immediately.

"Keyshot is pretty cool"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and easy to use. But you can also do advanced tasks. render time is very fast which means that you can sketch something fast in 3D and get pretty ok renders in no time.

What do you dislike?

The material library is good but it could be better. constantly rendering. it is pretty hard/impossible to do realistic indoor or outdoor renderings.

Not completely sure what this means. It is very easy to show clients different concepts at a very high quality (almost end result quality) in a very early stage of the process.

KeyShot review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Photorealistic Images"

What do you like best?

Weather you are new to CAD or a veteran you will pick up the UX immediately. Simply Drag and Drop colors or materials on to your part and hit render. In a matter of minutes you will have a photorealistic rendering of a 3D model in true perspective.

What do you dislike?

Would like the software to work on a cloud subscription platform to stay up to date and manage licenses across multiple computers.

"Picture is worth 1000 words" The more real your rendering looks the faster you will manufacture or move along on new concepts.