Khan Academy

Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.

Work for Khan Academy?

Learning about Khan Academy?

Khan Academy Reviews

Showing 134 Khan Academy reviews
Khan Academy review by <span>Ashley D.</span>
Ashley D.

"Amazing service for teachers and all. The depth and detail are amazing!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Khan Academy is that there are so many different subjects covered and the lesson are very well taught. The segmented parts of the lesson and the steps that they cover are very well thought out and progress perfectly. Whether I'm teaching a lesson on marketing or budgeting, or even something very specific with math, Kahn has it all.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Khan Academy. The only thing would be that it is not a commonly used resource here in the Midwest. I believe it is mainly used on the west coast and would love to see it used more here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that when you first get to Khan Academy to search as many different lessons as you can. The amount of content is endless and they have different instructors sometimes. I have searched around for other resources, but Kahn seems to be the best. The specificity of the content and concise explanation of content is what sets it apart from the others.

This resource is allowing my students to have another source of teaching different than mine. While it certainly isn't replacing me, it is allowing them to learn from different methods and for me to choose which lessons they are able to supplement with. Personally, I have used some of the lessons to refresh my own content knowledge before teaching it to my students the next day. It has strengthened my own knowledge greatly and also provides a useful tool for my students to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Khan Academy
Khan Academy review by <span>Alycia F.</span>
Alycia F.

"Great Tool for Basic to Moderately Advanced Learning of Many Subjects"

What do you like best?

Sal goes through many examples at a nice pace for the math and science courses I have used to review concepts. He is very detailed without overwhelming the user with new information.

What do you dislike?

I do wish more subjects would be available in broader engineering fields - even at a basic level to help complement a university course with harder to understand concepts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to each lesson, take them slow, and truly work out each problem along the way to get the most out of the program.

When I was a Teaching Assistant, I would direct my students to Khan videos to help them understand concepts we were working on. Now, as someone in industry, it is helpful to review basic math and science lessons in order to perform my job better. This is particularly useful for statistics, which is something I implement more now in my job than in school.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Khan Academy review by <span>Andrew C.</span>
Andrew C.

"The first free education there is"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy gamifies math, visualizes history, and simulates programming (among other things). It's fun, and it's learning. There are badges and profile upgrades you get as you earn points. They've even collaborated with some other organizations

What do you dislike?

I guess I don't like that the FAQ answers and other community comments are generally a few years old, but that's not a big deal. There's not much to complain about. They're pretty unique. They could produce more classes (which they are actively doing); a wider selection of classes would make them more and more valuable to the global community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You're going to like it at least a little even if you don't continue to use it. There are plenty of different topics for learning to choose from.

I've closed gaps in my understanding in an important field of the future: programming html and css. These help me "get" what goes on behind the scenes of my favorite websites. There's a certain appreciation level you gain by taking the 101 Class on this stuff.

Khan Academy review by Administrator

"Khan Academy is a wonderful resource!"

What do you like best?

Khan academy introduced a world of free education to millions like myself. The platform is simple and easy to use, as almost every topic from prep to K-12 covered (including some topics beyond that level) and provides a reliable, comprehensive source of learning both as a standalone source and as a supplement to formal education. Also, Khan Academy has been of invaluable help in my research on e-learning and education management. Simply put, Khan Academy and its resources are just what the world needs!

What do you dislike?

Energy points seem rather counter intuitive and donot rally add any value to the platform. Also, if each lesson is paired with interactive activities to gauge the learning of students, then it would help teachers a lot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan academy is free to use and it has almost every topic and subject required for school and high school students. Use this resource for instruction and to give your students the maximum opportunities to learn.

Offering supplemental materials to students to strengthen their foundation in any topic and in instances, allowing academics to align their courses with a world-renowned platform like KA.

Khan Academy review by <span>Vijay R.</span>
Vijay R.

"The best site to learn the basics of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics."

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is my goto online resource whenever I want to refresh few concepts or learn the basics of Math and Physics. Khan Academy has grown in the right direction over the years. As of today, the site caters to the learning needs of the students from elementary schools, high schools, and even college graduates. What Khan Academy excels at is that the teaching methodology is simplistic and consistent across the courses. Most of the courses start with the instructor explaining the fundamental concepts and building on it further with complex topics. Also, I observe that the instructors work through a lot of practice problems that prepares a student to think through multiple solutions while attempting a problem. Also, the reward system introduced recently (points/badges) would definitely encourage the young learners to keep learning and solving the problems.

What do you dislike?

While the number of courses available on Khan Academy has increased significantly, it has also made the interface bit overwhelming. For a young learner (elementary school) it might be challenging to find the appropriate courses, track the progress, and work on the example problems without any assistance by the elders. Also, the interface where students work on the problems and submit the solutions needs improvement in terms of UI/UX. In addition, some hints can be added wherever appropriate to assist students while working on the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a parent or an instructor at an elementary or high school, I strongly encourage you to introduce your kids/students to Khan Academy. Learning is both engaging and a fun activity on this online learning platform. Also, the courses are taught by the best instructors in the world which is yet another incentive to be learning on Khan Academy.

I use Khan Academy mostly to refresh the concepts I learned in the elementary and high schools. Solving the example problems is highly rewarding as it forces one to recollect and apply the knowledge gained. Refreshing and learning Math and Science concepts on Khan Academy makes one feel confident.

Khan Academy review by <span>Angie P.</span>
Angie P.

"Might be one of the best educational tools out there"

What do you like best?

First of all, you can look up such a wide variety of topics; it's amazing. You can either search for something specific, or take part in various structured subjects. I like that there are little tests to be able to pass to the next level, and badges that you can earn to show your progress. I especially like that you can speed up the videos and watch them is 1.5x time if you just need to review a topic instead of learning it deeply.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more advanced math topics. It essentially ends at 1st/2nd year university courses, which is unfortunate. I wish there were more topics available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would suggest trying out some of the directed subjects, just for fun. I learned a lot of things about early math that I had never learned when I went through school. It's a lot of fun, as well!

As a tutor, I often point my students in the direction of Khan Academy as a way of self-directed learning. I often hear wonderful feedback from them about how simple they find the topic since having it explained on Khan!

Learning about Khan Academy?

* We monitor all Khan Academy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.