Khan Academy

Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.

Work for Khan Academy?

Learning about Khan Academy?

Khan Academy Reviews

Showing 137 Khan Academy reviews
Khan Academy review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Amazing service for teachers and all. The depth and detail are amazing!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Khan Academy is that there are so many different subjects covered and the lesson are very well taught. The segmented parts of the lesson and the steps that they cover are very well thought out and progress perfectly. Whether I'm teaching a lesson on marketing or budgeting, or even something very specific with math, Kahn has it all.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Khan Academy. The only thing would be that it is not a commonly used resource here in the Midwest. I believe it is mainly used on the west coast and would love to see it used more here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that when you first get to Khan Academy to search as many different lessons as you can. The amount of content is endless and they have different instructors sometimes. I have searched around for other resources, but Kahn seems to be the best. The specificity of the content and concise explanation of content is what sets it apart from the others.

This resource is allowing my students to have another source of teaching different than mine. While it certainly isn't replacing me, it is allowing them to learn from different methods and for me to choose which lessons they are able to supplement with. Personally, I have used some of the lessons to refresh my own content knowledge before teaching it to my students the next day. It has strengthened my own knowledge greatly and also provides a useful tool for my students to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Khan Academy
Khan Academy review by Alycia F.
Alycia F.

"Great Tool for Basic to Moderately Advanced Learning of Many Subjects"

What do you like best?

Sal goes through many examples at a nice pace for the math and science courses I have used to review concepts. He is very detailed without overwhelming the user with new information.

What do you dislike?

I do wish more subjects would be available in broader engineering fields - even at a basic level to help complement a university course with harder to understand concepts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to each lesson, take them slow, and truly work out each problem along the way to get the most out of the program.

When I was a Teaching Assistant, I would direct my students to Khan videos to help them understand concepts we were working on. Now, as someone in industry, it is helpful to review basic math and science lessons in order to perform my job better. This is particularly useful for statistics, which is something I implement more now in my job than in school.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Khan Academy review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"The first free education there is"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy gamifies math, visualizes history, and simulates programming (among other things). It's fun, and it's learning. There are badges and profile upgrades you get as you earn points. They've even collaborated with some other organizations

What do you dislike?

I guess I don't like that the FAQ answers and other community comments are generally a few years old, but that's not a big deal. There's not much to complain about. They're pretty unique. They could produce more classes (which they are actively doing); a wider selection of classes would make them more and more valuable to the global community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You're going to like it at least a little even if you don't continue to use it. There are plenty of different topics for learning to choose from.

I've closed gaps in my understanding in an important field of the future: programming html and css. These help me "get" what goes on behind the scenes of my favorite websites. There's a certain appreciation level you gain by taking the 101 Class on this stuff.

Khan Academy review by Administrator

"Khan Academy is a wonderful resource!"

What do you like best?

Khan academy introduced a world of free education to millions like myself. The platform is simple and easy to use, as almost every topic from prep to K-12 covered (including some topics beyond that level) and provides a reliable, comprehensive source of learning both as a standalone source and as a supplement to formal education. Also, Khan Academy has been of invaluable help in my research on e-learning and education management. Simply put, Khan Academy and its resources are just what the world needs!

What do you dislike?

Energy points seem rather counter intuitive and donot rally add any value to the platform. Also, if each lesson is paired with interactive activities to gauge the learning of students, then it would help teachers a lot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan academy is free to use and it has almost every topic and subject required for school and high school students. Use this resource for instruction and to give your students the maximum opportunities to learn.

Offering supplemental materials to students to strengthen their foundation in any topic and in instances, allowing academics to align their courses with a world-renowned platform like KA.

Khan Academy review by Vijay R.
Vijay R.

"The best site to learn the basics of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics."

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is my goto online resource whenever I want to refresh few concepts or learn the basics of Math and Physics. Khan Academy has grown in the right direction over the years. As of today, the site caters to the learning needs of the students from elementary schools, high schools, and even college graduates. What Khan Academy excels at is that the teaching methodology is simplistic and consistent across the courses. Most of the courses start with the instructor explaining the fundamental concepts and building on it further with complex topics. Also, I observe that the instructors work through a lot of practice problems that prepares a student to think through multiple solutions while attempting a problem. Also, the reward system introduced recently (points/badges) would definitely encourage the young learners to keep learning and solving the problems.

What do you dislike?

While the number of courses available on Khan Academy has increased significantly, it has also made the interface bit overwhelming. For a young learner (elementary school) it might be challenging to find the appropriate courses, track the progress, and work on the example problems without any assistance by the elders. Also, the interface where students work on the problems and submit the solutions needs improvement in terms of UI/UX. In addition, some hints can be added wherever appropriate to assist students while working on the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a parent or an instructor at an elementary or high school, I strongly encourage you to introduce your kids/students to Khan Academy. Learning is both engaging and a fun activity on this online learning platform. Also, the courses are taught by the best instructors in the world which is yet another incentive to be learning on Khan Academy.

I use Khan Academy mostly to refresh the concepts I learned in the elementary and high schools. Solving the example problems is highly rewarding as it forces one to recollect and apply the knowledge gained. Refreshing and learning Math and Science concepts on Khan Academy makes one feel confident.

Khan Academy review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"Might be one of the best educational tools out there"

What do you like best?

First of all, you can look up such a wide variety of topics; it's amazing. You can either search for something specific, or take part in various structured subjects. I like that there are little tests to be able to pass to the next level, and badges that you can earn to show your progress. I especially like that you can speed up the videos and watch them is 1.5x time if you just need to review a topic instead of learning it deeply.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more advanced math topics. It essentially ends at 1st/2nd year university courses, which is unfortunate. I wish there were more topics available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would suggest trying out some of the directed subjects, just for fun. I learned a lot of things about early math that I had never learned when I went through school. It's a lot of fun, as well!

As a tutor, I often point my students in the direction of Khan Academy as a way of self-directed learning. I often hear wonderful feedback from them about how simple they find the topic since having it explained on Khan!

Khan Academy review by Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.

"Excellent For All Ages and Learning Styles!"

What do you like best?

This particular site has incredible videos that break down the most difficult concepts so they can be easily understood. The math videos are AMAZING!!! I also like the ease of searching for the subject you need. This site is helping so many learn and understand concepts that are otherwise incredibly difficult. I wish it were around when I was in school!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site runs really slow. It takes a while for things to load and play. Other than that, I just think it is a very well done site and doing great things for people who need help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is for anyone and everyone. The fact that there are resources like this out there For Free is incredible! The site is truly easy to use and has so many subjects! You can learn so much! The site usually runs slow for me, so I recommend doing it on high speed internet for sure! If you have trouble with anything, even doing the math for a discount when you are shopping, Khan Academy can help!

This site has allowed myself and my staff to learn things that were really important to run our office. For example, we have to make flyers, edit websites, and even run a software. We do not have degrees in anything computer or graphic-related, but with this site, we are able to watch how-to videos for everything!!! It is free, so it saves our office money and we don't have to try and hire staff with skills we don't have because we can just learn them ourselves!

Khan Academy review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"Great Site!"

What do you like best?

This site makes learning and reviewing material so easy. The videos, quizzes, and hints encourage retention without bogging down the student with too much information at once. Being able to pick and choose what topics to cover is a Godsend, and I"m so grateful Khan is available!

What do you dislike?

The monsters and energy points seem a little pointless because they aren't explained. If I knew what was going on with them, I would like them more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great if you use it. If you don't stick to it, it's obviously not going to help. Hard work and determination are key. Khan makes learning as easy as it can be, and the price is perfect for every budget. Good luck!

Spot tutoring with my students is so much easier with Khan. I can tell them to go home and work for twenty minutes on one topic and they have the repetition they need without me scrounging for worksheets they'll hate.

Khan Academy review by Keri C.
Keri C.

"Khan Academy is an amazing resource for teachers and students"

What do you like best?

This no-cost service has very high quality lesson plans of good lengths for students.

What do you dislike?

Activities and games related to the lessons would be fantastic. The format of the videos is better for older students. Younger students tend to do better with other video lessons such as BrainPop which are more visually stimulating and include more analogies. Khan Academy is fantastic at what they're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What an amazing resource. Teachers in poorly funded (and possibly well funded) schools sometimes may rely on these resources too heavily rather than have interaction with the students, which is also necessary. I believe quality educational resources available at no cost is going to help improve America's educational system.

Great resource for students and parents. Better for older students. Younger students and students who benefit from more stimulation and/or interaction won't enjoy Khan academy as much. Also a great resource for adults to expand their own knowledge, though this isn't Khan Academy's aim.

As a STEM teacher, I directed all my students to Khan Academy for extra support.

Khan Academy review by Trevor A.
Trevor A.

"The best software for primary and secondary electonic learning - and it's free!"

What do you like best?

It's free and very thorough. A great platform for secondary and primary education in a variety of subjects. Also a great place to review for higher ed students who are having trouble in a particular course or need a refresher on a concept area. It is logically divided into conceptual areas that are easy to find. The reqard system of badges is fun and encouraging.

What do you dislike?

There are still some topics left untouched but they are always adding more! Interface can be limited if not on a desktop or laptop computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this! It's free and you have nothing to lose.

Provides great remediation learning for students who are struggling with new content. Our staff can more easily see the issues some students are having in a course when they check out the subject area content for themselves.

Khan Academy review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Great for teachers to use with students in elementary school and above!"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is great for so many reasons. First, it provides curriculum and learning modules for the public as well as for teachers to use with their students. There are a variety of topics and subjects from Kindergarten through University level. Khan Academy has a tracking system where as a learner, you can track what subjects and lessons you've completed and where you should go next. It's also fun to earn badges and points to upgrade your avatar character.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really too much to dislike, but I do wish there was more science content for the younger grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Khan Academy allows teachers to give students self-paced learning activities, quizzes, practice, games, and videos in any subject of their choosing.

Khan Academy review by karmina m.
karmina m.

"khan academy review "

What do you like best?

I like how Sal explains things. the black background and the colorful features are helpful as well.i also think that being able to explain a difficulty concept in less than 10 min (most of the time) is not only super useful but necessary for students- socially when studying for the MCAT

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a pdf attached to it. or a summary of terms mentioned or process used. that way one could download it and print it out and follow along better rather than spending more time pausing the video to write down everything

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone who is a current student and specially for those getting read to take the MCAT. sometimes the quality of certain videos can appear blurry but in my experience that has only happened once. I like how there is an app associated with it. I would recommend improving the MCAT page that Khan Academy has because it can be very confusing when looking for mcat videos- psy/soc for example.

none

Khan Academy review by Louise M.
Louise M.

"This is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I love how Khan Academy is always expanding on their courses. You can learn or re-learn Math, Chemistry, English and so much more at various levels of proficiency. I really enjoy the videos that explain the theory behind the problems you are given. They are comprised of instructors who give clear direction accompanied by illustrations to help you along your way. I think that the results-driven approach of this learning platform is great for self-study.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see even more variety in the courses on offer, but I do acknowledge that Khan is always expanding their course offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best thing you can do is give this a try for yourself! I am quite certain you will enjoy it so much you may end up spending a good few hours mastering skills before you think of logging out.

This is a product that not only works well for my own use in pursuing education and knowledge but also in my profession as an educator. I can it for differentiation in classroom instruction as well as for assigning homework. Students love being able to work at their own pace, review examples and explanations as necessary, and skip parts that they have already mastered. it gives them a sense of control as well as responsibility for their own learning.

Khan Academy review by Wesley D.
Wesley D.

"Great resource, hard to sell students on its value "

What do you like best?

The breadth and depth of resources available here is great, including as a supplement to other paid tutoring programs. When other systems don’t leave room for kids who struggle with basics or are past the traditional level, Khan has the resources needed.

What do you dislike?

Despite its reputation and its available videos and practice material, students lump it in with outdated platforms and often don’t dig in deep enough to see its value. This may be a result of layout or language, but I do struggle to get kids acclimated to the site/app.

SAT prep is our main focus with my junior students. It also is a supplement for my OneGoal class to their Zeal math tutoring.

User in Education Management

"I use it and suggest to students"

What do you like best?

Ideal for learning mathematics. I use it whenever I need to brush up on a mathematics concept for my tutoring services. It provides videos, text instruction with supplemental questions, and assessments. Keeps track of your progress.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. It is a very useful platform for working on subject matter knowledge for mathematics. It could use more material for other courses, like biology and chemistry. It is lacking the assessments for those courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore other platforms as well to see which one is the best fit. I highly recommend Khan because of the variety of material for the teaching, reviewing, and assessing of skills for mathematics. Can use it for all math subjects, from elementary math through statistics and calculus. Most helpful for math, but also can be used as a resource for sciences and humanities.

I suggest that students use Khan academy to get a lesson presented in a way that makes the content very understandable. I have realized the benefit of using it myself to learn new mathematics concepts. May use it in the future to teach myself calculus so I can tutor the subject.

Khan Academy review by Mary R.
Mary R.

"Great resource for learning"

What do you like best?

I like that there are videos that appeal to visual learners and the wide range of courses and subjects that are covered and available. The format is very easy to use as well as search through. The videos are high quality and very easy to follow along with.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the written notes are not easier to search within to find certain parts of the lecture. I do wish these were a wider range of specificity in the subject fields that I could use even more for growing my knowledge related to my field.

I have been able to increase knowledge on basic concepts that allow me to grow in my field. Specifically, courses in biology, anatomy, and physiology have helped me to review subjects that I learned in school and are now applicable in my daily work.

"Pioneers"

What do you like best?

Without Khan Academy, I could not have survived my educational journey. Even today, I find it a useful resource to refer to for my children and their tutoring needs. The website is easy to use and navigate, the videos are clear and made with quality and clarity in mind, and the dashboard helps me track my sons' progress as well as weak points. Overall, Khan Academy is a pioneer in online education.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Khan Academy has so much to offer to parents of K-6 children like myself that honestly, it would have cost me thousands of dollars in hiring tutors to help my children.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is free to use for everyone and the breadth of subjects covered from Kindergarten to High School is amazing. I would readily recommend Khan Academy to anyone who are struggling in their studies.

I use Khan academy to tutor my children and ensure they're academic progress is in line with their capabilities. Also, I often refer KA to visiting high school students who approach me for advice on college admissions and financial aid process .

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"If you have skill based questions, use Khan "

What do you like best?

I like how Khan Academy provides tools related to skills needed in various subjects. I have used this when needing to review topics within mathematics or to share with students while in class. Teachers can use this to promote blended learning because it provides teachers with an opportunity to create classes for their students. Above everything else, I like how this is a free online resource available for students, teachers, and parents.

What do you dislike?

The tutor's voice is boring. Listening to the tutor for prolonged periods can be torturous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a resource that will add in the successfully learning of skills needed for success in mathematics.

Khan Academy provides content information for teachers to use that are new to the content or grade level. Also, it can assist teachers with scaffolding within their current content to better set a solid foundation for students that may have struggled previously. Using this as a resource, assist me with best equipping teachers even when I'm unable to plan with them or teach new content.

Khan Academy review by KATRINA L.
KATRINA L.

"Khan Academy Help to keep my Accountant Career up to date & is a great website for Home School."

What do you like best?

I found Khan Academy when my kids was being home school so this company been around for a long time. I really enjoy how easy the classes are online and my kids enjoy it too. I want to know what else Khan had to offer. A few years back I want to go back to school and earn my accountant degree but I did not know much about it. Lucky Khan was talking about Accountant on the website. It was a big help to me because I took what I learned on the website to school. Accountant is kind of a hard subject, so getting help from other place made it more enjoyable to learn. I enjoy the badges that I earned, the badges made me want to earn more. If I did not understand what I was learning I could always send a text on the website and somebody would explain it even more or I could just watch the video over. Khan to me is also a small community that is willing to help you out free of charge. The information that is on the website is so valuable and I hope it stay affordable for people that might can't afford school. If I have not been on the website in a while I see that it will be a few upgrade on the website. The website is easily to navigate and most ages can use the website. Khan made it even easy to share information on the website.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have my picture as the avatar and hope they will keep adding other subject like how to write an eBook, etc. The video that is on the website will earn you points but when you watch on YouTube you want get the points or be recognize for badges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend Khan Academy to any one that want to learn more or need help with a subject.

I like to stay up to date on my accountant skill because I am a small business owner.

Khan Academy review by AJ C.
AJ C.

"Incredible FREE resource for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

What I love most about KhanAcademy are the amazing resources available to teach a diverse student group. My students have a lot of different needs, and KhanAcademy provides the ability to teach them in ways that reach their learning style. Whether they need a video, a whiteboard demonstration, or a text outline of the step-by-step process, KhanAcademy gives me the tools to educate them effectively.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as intuitive as I would like. We use other for-profit programs that are more streamlined requiring fewer clicks to access the tools I need. That being said, Khan Academy provides a wealth of information completely free, and you can't overlook free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The teaching provided is sound, and the curriculum outline is very well thought out. I encourage anyone to give it a try and see how it fits within the work you are already doing with your students. This is a great resource for students who miss class and reducing teacher workload.

Khan Academy is taking the place of for-profit programs that we use with out students. There are requirements students must meet to use our paid programs, and when they can't do that, it leaves them and me in a lurch. They want to learn, and I want to teach. Khan Academy allows me to teach without being constrained to policies because it's completely free!

Khan Academy review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"Khan Academy in Nursing Education"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan academy is free, so that students don't have an extra expense. I also like that I can customize my course content, and that students can easily access any of the materials on a desktop or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Khan academy is free but often posts messages on the site about giving financial support. I don't want my students to think that they need to contribute to Khan to learn in my course. I don't like that many of the default settings are specific to elementary learning and not higher education. I wish there were more functions for secondary education instructors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall, the cost of Khan Academy given the current features available is enticing and worth it. I dislike some of the interface issues, like searching to try and find ways to add assignments, etc. but I think it is generally a good free site to use for instructors.

I struggle with providing resources to my nursing clinical groups (small groups of 6-8 students) because if I post on the main course site it is available to all clinical students and not just my groups. If I only send via email, students have to search for the content. With Khan Academy, I can store all of my group-specific content for students in one place and they can use their course code to access it.

Khan Academy review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"Khan Academy --- YES!!"

What do you like best?

The lessons are long enough for pupils to gain some depth within a subject but short enough to not lose interest. You can say to your students, you are going to do this one lesson before we transition. The lessons are sensibly organized and thoughtfully planned. They have enough description and practice.

What do you dislike?

There was not enough variety of lessons in the past, but they have been expanding. There is nothing to dislike now!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent program that all education firms and organizations should consider; it is the way to solve problems like student absences and tardies --- all students can catch up on concepts by looking up their lesson materials on Khan Academy.

Students can reteach themselves a concept they may have missed in class or did not comprehend in the past. Also, it is another way to teach a student a concept other than the same teacher teaching the concept the same way.

Khan Academy review by Sharyn F.
Sharyn F.

"Khan Academy "

What do you like best?

Khan Academy has so many resources available for students. You can set up a class, invite students to join, invite their parents to join, and browse through hundreds of different resources on many different topics. I like to use this as a supplemental resource for our school math program. It has videos, examples, and descriptions for topics that need re-instruction.

What do you dislike?

Students need to be able to navigate through the system, although most can because they are technologically savvy.

There are often math topics that need re-instruction. This program allows me to find extra examples and problems for my students to practice.

"Wonderful Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

Without Khan Academy, I’m not sure a would’ve passed Organic Chemistry in my undergraduate career. The videos paired seemlessly with explanations were like getting a second classroom professor experience. Broken down by category, it is easy to find what subject you need more help with and watch the related videos. I also found the website extremely helpful for missed classes in Stats. I was undergoing health issues that caused me to miss a lot of classes for the course, but I caught up easily with Khan Academy. When I became a teaching assistant for some microbiology courses, I suggested Khan Academy to my students. They found it just as helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the voices can be very monotone, but not worse than a boring lecture hall anyways.

My students really benefitted from the tools Khan Academy gave them to go over subjects they didn’t feel 100% on.

Khan Academy review by Katelyn S.
Katelyn S.

"Helpful Math Support"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan Academy allows teachers to assign specific strands of a subject (in my experience, math) to students at their learning level. This is a helpful way to differentiate and progress monitor student learning. I also like how students must correctly answer five questions in order to move forward with the content they're working on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ease of student distraction. Students can easily access other websites while viewing the content videos; this allows students to play the video, without genuinely engaging with the content being taught.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely helps address students' learning needs without requiring too much additional work from the teacher.

Differentiated Instruction, Progress Monitoring, Beneficial At-home Support, Less Grading and Organization necessary since it's all accessible through the online database. Benefits include: direct instruction to meet the students' learning needs without requiring more work of the teacher to provide the differentiated instruction. In addition, there is one database where teachers can access student progress, and it is easy to analyze data to determine what curriculum to address in class.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

Its simple interface is really helpful for students of all ages. I personally use khan academy in my mentor sessions at the University of Texas at Arlington to help students understand concepts easily and in an interactive manner. As it is online and free students are able to practice it at their homes and do the quizzes at their own pace.

What do you dislike?

The questions are really basic and should include some high-level questions in their courses. Although the interface is fairly easy to use, people get confused in searching courses they wanna learn. So that certainly needs to be reviewed and changed accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Literally, the best website out there to learn and increase your knowledge in core subjects. And is suitable for every age group. And plus its free.

It is primarily used by my department at UTA to help students in their grades and the understanding of the course material in a fun and interactive manner.

Khan Academy review by Misagh N.
Misagh N.

"Khan academy is the reason I can get my Master's degree in Molecular Virology "

What do you like best?

It's free, it has many many courses from ground up.

What do you dislike?

It used to be less organized when I started using it in 2010 but now I think it's just fantastic. Even a little too organized!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Khan Academy to teach your kids and yourselves whatever you need to learn in sciences.

After I received a Master's in Chemical Engineering, I realized I won't be happy doing that as my job so I switched to cancer biology, where my passion was. But, I knew nothing about biology. That's when I discovered Khan Academy (KA). Learned the basics from KA at the same time that I was taking higher level courses with Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences Masters and PhD students at Louisiana State University. I passed all my courses with fat A's! And next semester I am finishing a Masters in Molecular Virology and a PhD in Biochemistry. I still check KA out every now and then. I am forever thankful Khan.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the walk through videos offered for students. When a student has a question, rather than talking about it, I can show them how it is done.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any negatives to say in regards to Khan Academy. If I could change something, I would change the way in which the videos are found for users. I prefer it is more visible rather than having to select a specific area on the home page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to utilize the videos and tutorials as much as possible. When a student is confused on how to complete a problem, the videos can serve as a virtual tutor at no additional cost for both the student and the institution.

Business problems being solved are easy access for students to see how the math is done. We utilize this software in our math courses, primarily, and has been a very positive experience. It is like a virtual tutor, in a sense.

Khan Academy review by Tayná M.
Tayná M.

"Amazing learning FREE plataform"

What do you like best?

It has all features - including exercises, topics, forums, reading and the app enables you to download the classes to watch offline - needed for learning any topics available in the website. I love the Pixar in a Box partnership, cause it is a way to get closer to a professional way of working in the animation career. And it is totally FREE!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not all features for exercises are available in the app, nor subtitles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many topics to learn, since basic subjects from middle school, high school, till arts, design and technologies. It is up to you to search and find what it is interesting to you. If you are dedicated enough you can get their medals and icons of study.

I'm studying the courses from Pixar in a Box partnership. They are awesome and I've learned a lot till now.

Khan Academy review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Awesome option for Homeschool and to level up your knowledge"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use this to help with homeschooling my daughter and to also stay current with skills for myself. It is free and I love the videos and narration. It doesn't bore my daughter or myself. Most of it makes sense and flows nicely. Their free content seems better than what I paid for in the past for my daughter from other sites. They also allow you to donate and you will know where the money goes.

What do you dislike?

The order of everything. When tracking my daughter's progress and sometimes my own, I find it hard to keep everything organized and to be able to follow correctly. Not terrible, just not what I am used to. I'd like for it to match how other sites or systems allow me to set something and let me know when my daughter has completed it. Great site, just need better options for organizing when using for homeschool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always refresh your knowledge and stay learning. Check out Khan Academy and share with others.

I am able to touch up on some topics like accounting, grammar (yes, designing sometimes puts me in another zone and I want to make sure I stay fresh), the world, etc. I am always up to learning and it helps me when creating great projects and to keep an open mind. I also want to add homeschooling, since I have time for my daughter so I can have time for my work too.

Khan Academy review by Kristan D.
Kristan D.

"Fantastic resource to help teachers, students, and parents"

What do you like best?

I like that the videos are easily searchable and cover a broad range of topics. I also like that the videos for math show he work as it’s being done and includes different colors to hi-lightdifferences.

What do you dislike?

It’s not specific to specific curriculum (which I know would be impossible). So, if khan groups several concepts together, it may not be how my curriculum / lesson plans flow and may confuse my students.

I direct my students to Khan Academy videos when they are absent to help them catch up before they return to school. This saves me, as a teacher, time in reteaching material.

Khan Academy review by Tina T.
Tina T.

"A great tool for learning "

What do you like best?

It gives concise explanations on subjects that you don't understand. It's also great because it gives you visuals on the materials you may be struggling on. It's great because you do not need to use the Khan academy website to access their content. This means that I can access their videos through most devices that I own as long as I have internet access.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I really find that I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest them to start watching videos on youtube first to see if Khan Academy is the right fit for them and if so, then sign up for the actual website. It's a great resource for anyone who needs help with a certain subject matter.

I'm filling in gaps in my complete understanding on scientific subjects that would I would otherwise not fully comprehend

Khan Academy review by Jill W.
Jill W.

"Khan is GREAT"

What do you like best?

I really like how much additional practice with specific problems there. Also, I like how there are videos for students to watch if they are confused about a specific area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the instructor goes way too fast for my students to keep up with the videos that are being shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely great for gifted students. Would highly recommend for students above the average in math.

I feel like I spend less time going over confusing terms with my students because we are instead able to work on areas they might have been interested in after watching the videos on Khan.

Khan Academy review by Joel H.
Joel H.

"Specific Learning for Specific Areas of Growth"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is a best-practices online learning platform. I thoroughly value the ability to identify easily a knowledge gap or area of ignorance, and then focus completely in that area. The metrics for assessment--whether or not I'm ready to move on to the next section--is extremely helpful as I seek knowledge acquisition in a specific area.

What do you dislike?

At times the navigation process becomes tricky, especially as I am attempting to review a section from a long time ago.

Our desire is to enable access to all adult learners to employ self-taught tools to supplement teacher-led instructional methods.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

Firstly, all of my students can easily login to it and can see videos in 1080p without paying. Also,

the discussion board has a lot of question and as my students have informed me that their doubts are already been solved by someone so they are able to get the answers easily. Also, the videos, quizzes, and hints encourage retention without stressing down the students with too much information at once.

What do you dislike?

The point system, in particular, is unnecessary and seems redundant. Also, the videos for some courses seem pretty old and need to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands Down the best website for students of all statures. A big thumbs up.

I use it with my students at TAMU to help them in learning basic and even high-level concepts in most of their freshman and sophomore level courses.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan Academy has a wide array of topics and is easily able to teach others about topics. It is an easy format often with short videos to help describe topics. It also has helpful quizzes.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike that much from Khan, their videos are easily accessible, you don't even need to be a member to watch their videos, and their material cover many topics. If I had to pick something, I'd say that they may not go into the detail that is required for me to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you find a topic that you are interested in, it offers a lot of information and teaches you well.

Khan easily teaches others about topics they would like to learn about and has many different levels of learning.

Khan Academy review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Differentiation Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy allows me to address individual student needs, differentiate my classroom, and help students in one-to-one environments. It also allows me to focus on reading and writing skills, which need more direct instructional practices, allowing students to enrich lessons through self-directed study. You can also create classrooms for free!

What do you dislike?

I would like more lessons to become available, to allow students to build their strengths beyond basic instruction. The available math lessons are amazing, and help students study and understand classroom lessons. However, the English/Language Arts lessons are typically limited to basic grammar concepts. This can be used as an excellent review tool, but is not as effective if assigning for a long-term self-study program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is not a replacement for classroom instruction, but is an excellent way to supplement lessons, provide students with enrichment activities, and address concerns with student learning.

Khan Academy allows me to more easily differentiate my classroom. This is an amazing site that allows the classroom teacher to track student progress, address areas of study struggle, and design a plan to help students improve. This is also excellent as an at-home tool. Students in households who are unable to provide assistance or tutoring, are able to access nearly unlimited lessons and practice plans for extra help.

Khan Academy review by Dicle B.
Dicle B.

"So many topics you can be mastered"

What do you like best?

I took history of art courses from Khan Academy to improve my knowledge about art which also broaden my horizon. Khan academy has incredible source of art history: art in all continents, in different religions etc. I think that Khan Academy has very great content and improves itself really good. The english of the instructors are very smooth and understandable even if I do not understand I can use subtitles and continue without any interruption. People has some questions below the videos and sometimes I answer them and this helps me to understand the topic better.

What do you dislike?

Some assignments are quite hard and tooks time to answer. Video quality in terms of resolution can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Khan Academy everyone who want to learn about art history I think they provide great source of material and the videos are not boring.

I am using Khan academy for art related topics. I have learned so many things that I miss in university. This helped me a lot for my papers and also my perspective of art I believe.

Khan Academy review by S. Gamze E.
S. Gamze E.

"Great source for preparation for tests"

What do you like best?

I am using Khan Academy for preparation for GMAT exam. It has increadible source for Mathematics ( which i have some problems with it :( ). Instructors has great teaching abilities and very detailed explanations so I have always answer for questionmarks in my head. I like the organization of the videos they are well organized I can find any course easily. There are also questions part and every student can comment or write a question there and it is great to have right to answer these questions therefore I can reinforce my knowledge about the topic.

What do you dislike?

I think the video qualities can be much better. In the math classes I think that the instructor can write down the course regularly. Other than this I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest Khan Academy for everyone because I think that everyone can find specific courses for their own interest. They have great quality of source.

I am using Khan Academy for my own benefit. I would like to do master's degree in abroad so when I have questionmark about something I usually find an answer (with video) in Khan Academy.

Khan Academy review by Elias R.
Elias R.

"The Best Online School Courses You Can Get for Free"

What do you like best?

This site helped me get through highschool/certain college classes. Its user interface is really well designed, easy to navigate, and their lessons are always top quality. I also really like how they give you can "upgrade" your user, making the experience feel almost game-esque.

What do you dislike?

That you are really pressured to get on their mail list. It would be great if they didn't pressure you into being a member of their site so much. Also, they send a lot of emails requesting funding for their site, which isn't all that bad but it can get tiresome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It's completely free and you can't go wrong. The worst that can happen is that you might learn something new. I've never ran into an issue with understanding their explanations of things.

I'm able to learn more about math; this allows me to do more detail reporting/administration tasks at my job right now as an administrator.

Khan Academy review by Maryam Q.
Maryam Q.

"One of the best tutoring softwares"

What do you like best?

the best thing I liked about this software, it was easy to use and the kids that I was tutoring found it easy to use also.

What do you dislike?

I cannot recall anything that was dislike able about this software, it was pretty straight forward in my opinion

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool to use if you are looking for an easy way to have kids learn utilizing a online teaching tool.

I was using this software in order to tutoring several younger children in elementary school. This software was easy to use and was easy to teach the students how to use. I felt like the benefits of this software was that the kids used it and it really helped them learn from it.

Khan Academy review by User in Research
User in Research

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I have used Khan academy both inside and outside the classroom. I was introduced to Khan Academy by a friend on my team, and I have been hooked ever since. They have great videos to support the students at my University. I use Khan videos on Blackboard for students who have missed class or need supplemental materials to solidify abstract math topics. I would highly recommend Khan academy.

What do you dislike?

The audio quality is not that good in some videos and the discussion board may become vague after some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really easy to use and has a simple interface. Also, great quality videos. A big yes for this.

I use it at UT for helping students learn new topics in an interactive manner.

Khan Academy review by Adrienne O.
Adrienne O.

"Great Supplement to Classroom Learning"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is a great resource for learning foundational knowledge in a number of subjects. The value provided at no cost sets Khan apart from other free resources.

What do you dislike?

On a few occasions, I have found a few incorrect answers. I have also noticed that for most subjects the focus is on the procedure, but there is less emphasis placed on the theory which is important in most cases. That is in part, why I think it is a great supplement to classroom learning.

Khan is a great resource for individuals supporting students in a field they are unfamiliar with. It provides one with a basic understanding so that you are able to understand the problems students face.

User in Education Management

"Excellent tool to supplement students' learning!"

What do you like best?

It's just like being in a classroom - the videos walk you through each concept step-by-step. They explain concepts verbally and also put them into writing, so modules are helpful for students of all learning styles.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage is that - unlike with a textbook - it's hard to jump to specific points in the video if students need a refresher on one particular step, since you have to scroll through the video and remember where it was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help students make a plan for how they will use it - whether they only need to practice certain areas or should go through entire modules, and help them create a timeline to ensure completion in an effective way. Highly recommend this product - it has been immensely helpful for our students and is more engaging than other online-learning platforms!

We are helping students both supplement their in-class learning, and cover new topics they do not receive classroom instruction on but still need (i.e. SAT prep).

Khan Academy review by Duane M.
Duane M.

"Excellent resource for learning lots of topics/subjects"

What do you like best?

It is an ultimate source of learning with in-depth study material, videos, tutorials on lot of topics. It is completely free and you don't even need an account. Very good for self learning. you can search the relevant material for the topic of your interest.

The assessment exams for the topic are also good and test your learning. You can ask your queries in the forum.

What do you dislike?

Sometime a skill item remains in incomplete status even when I complete all the questions. Not a big issue.. I can live with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan academy is a great source of self learning for everyone, not limited to students. The tutorials and videos are very good and effective to make u grasp the topic. You can learn at your own pace and at your own convenient place. Keep learning.

I like to learn new things about technology and science. I use Khan academy for self learning purpose. It has helped me learn topics beyond the scope of my college course. I have learned on a varied list of subjects from beginner to advanced level lessons. tests and practice material are very helpful.

Khan Academy review by Viridiana S.
Viridiana S.

"An interactive, intuitive and creative way of learning"

What do you like best?

The videos and the practice questions linked to it are amazing. The organization is also very straigth forward.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it could be more questions in the question bank, there is more room to practice more on certain topics

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think ot is great how you can create your own classroom and set student's assignment based on their MAP scores

It is great to create lesson plans for teaching math for K-12 grades

Khan Academy review by Nirmohi D.
Nirmohi D.

"Great site and learning experience"

What do you like best?

They have a broad range of material and a very intuitive user interface! The length of the videos is just right as well, easy to keep up. There's humor in the lessons as well, which makes it a lot of fun to use.

What do you dislike?

I'd have to be really nitpicky to find anything I dislike about Khan Academy. I've only ever used it on a desktop though, not sure how it works on mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're willing to stick to the lessons, go for it. It's very good and free, too!

I use Khan Academy to supplement my coursework earlier at graduate school, and now sometimes at my job as well.

Khan Academy review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Extensive Educational Resource"

What do you like best?

Offers video lessons and interactive practice on a variety of topics across the curriculum.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes does not match the standards I want or the method I would prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Preview resources before assigning to students to check for clarity and alignment to standards.

When a student needs acceleration or remediation, I can use it to individualize instruction, provide review, or offer alternative strategies that might work better for a student, particularly in math.

Khan Academy review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"It's alright"

What do you like best?

Khan academy has a plethora of thorough and well produced videos that do a great job of breaking down difficult concepts into simpler ones.

What do you dislike?

However, I find that there aren't that many videos that are focused just on simpler concepts. For example, a video on dehydration hydrolysis will explain more than what a 9th or 10th grader needs to know about it, which can even lead to more confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Khan Academy for more difficult concepts.

Khan Academy helps me when I might have difficulty explaining certain concepts to my students. It allows them to relearn the subject without me spending an obscene amount of time coming up with lesson plans/printing out materials.

Khan Academy review by Arran C.
Arran C.

"Khan Academy is an excellent platform for learning"

What do you like best?

I feel Khan Academy is a very good platform for learning purpose. It offers more than 3000 videos on different topics/subjects and the videos are very easy to understand and duration of each video is not more than 10 minutes. It is being created specifically for viewing on desktops.

I like that Khan Academy is absolutely free to use and you don’t even require and account to browser through the courses and straightaway start your learning.

Every subject has got an assessment associated with it which you need to pass. It has very high standards for the assessment. When I was giving the assessments, I had to give 5 correct answers back to back. If one of the answers is wrong, the score gets reset and the questions do not repeat. They are different every time. You get two hints to use if you are stuck on a question.

What do you dislike?

Assessment process is very tough for some of the subjects. It needs to be somewhat easier and if you using the mobile app, then it is only able to play videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is growing day by day and more number of courses and lessons are being added. So, I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys learning.

I personally use Khan Academy to learn the Finance Market and the Tax lessons through the videos again and again as it is very interesting. All the concepts are made pretty cleat with easy to understand videos. The pace of the lessons delivery is quite good and one can easily understand it in one go.

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"Khan Academy a new age academy of learning"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy allows for a flipped model classroom t not only be successful but also simple to set up. Typically starting a flipped classroom model is difficult to create due to the burden of creating numerous videos each week for students to watch. Khan Academy provides the videos for you, you just have to find them.

What do you dislike?

At times Khan Academy can be combersum and provide too many videos on one topic. Having to weed through all the videos can be time consuming and annoying. However, once you find the perfect video, it's a piece of cake to link through the video and flip a class room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep being awesome and proving more videos on more subject

Before Khan Academy, recording multiple videos for each class assignment was time consuming and taxing on a professor. Now with Khan Academy, the videos are created for you and are perfect for every subject.

Khan Academy review by Zakiah M.
Zakiah M.

"A great tutoring experience!"

What do you like best?

Khan academy is simple to use, and has a large variety of educational and instructional videos. The content is broken down into simpler level of understanding that allows people of all ages to understand the materials. Great for instruction or to learn more in-depth information about a topic.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the videos go to slow, while others are too fast. Also, the quizzes that are offered are sometimes not fully relevant to the videos watched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan academy is a great supplemental source to utilize for educational purposes. The instructors create excellent images and help students understand the content in a variety of ways.

Khan academy would make great videos for instruction to new-hires.

Khan Academy review by User in Internet

"Great website to learn any topic you might like!"

What do you like best?

Virtual classes in Khan Academy are just so easy to follow. It makes you hungry to learn more and more. You basically can find any topic, at least i've never had any trouble in finding any topic i'd like to learn.

After finishing a course it recommends you other courses so you can complement what you learned.

Best of all, it is FREE.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing! I just love everything in Khan academy. There's nothing that I don't dislike, but if I had to mention something, I would just make the videos with better quality but other than than it is just great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of this marvelous tool, For all of those knowledge hungry use it as much as you can!

Whenever i need to learn something regarding my business i can always go to Khan academy and learn more and more until I dominate the topic. It is not just for work, but for my personal life too.

Khan Academy review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"A great site to learn math and other skills"

What do you like best?

The way in which math is taught has helped me improve and learn what I missed when I was in school, If you need to learn or refresh your memory this is a great site to go. You can start at the very basic and work your way to advanced level.

I like that fact they are adding new skills on a regular basis and all are at the same quality level,

I also like the fact that I can redo the same skill over again to make sure I am getting it done. The discussion forms provide some great positive feedback when you get stuck on a topic. I like the way you can review projects of other students, it has helped me see different ways to approach the same project.

Plus you cannot be free.

What do you dislike?

Not sure why but it keeps adding to or saying that I have not completed some specific skill. I know I have done the entire set of question but come back it shows it is not complete. This is not a bad thing mind you but rather a little annoying but guess keeps me refreshed in a skill.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start at the bottom and work your way to the level you think you are actually at, this will refresh the overall skill

This is a good place to develop missing skills, strengthen existing or encourage continued learning. The units are engaging and keep you coming back.

Khan Academy review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Khan Academy is AMAZING"

What do you like best?

Honestly, there is not much you can dislike about khan academy. It provides an excellent listing of courses, the instructors are amazing, the content that they cover is great, and it is always a good referral method.

I always have my students and interns look at some khan academy videos to look back at the concepts that they have forgotten or don't know.

What do you dislike?

If only they could have more videos covering in-depth material, that would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for all the subjects you can ever need.

I use it to help my interns for their training. I also use it to look back at some old concepts.

Khan Academy review by User in Internet

"Review of Khan Academy!"

What do you like best?

It has a wide variety of topics. You can enroll in a specific course or join a particular class. It has short tests to get promoted and it also has a scoring system to keep track of your progress. The best part of it is that it's all Free and taught by experienced instructors.

What do you dislike?

More advanced topics, college-level courses, and more grad. level tests would help a lot. It also needs to add to the list of instructors too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, check it out because it's free and the teachers are so much experienced anyway.

Skill Development, Skill-enhancement, Exam prep and admission tips, self-directed learning.

Khan Academy review by Medet T.
Medet T.

"Khan Academy has grown up"

What do you like best?

When i was a little bit younger, i loved khan academy, for simplicity, small exercises, and bunch of interesting programming adventures, cool demos, etc. They have very good explanations, with inline editor and a video, and students asking questions. I remember when i first started coding, khan acad. helped me with canvas drawings, svg animations, and some basic sorting algorithms, and i loved it, really, everything was a bit structured and you can find anything you want, ok maybe my base scope was programming and khan acad. had everything ready. And so much information, i would make a prediction for future, but studying in internet is becoming real, cool stuff.

What do you dislike?

The growth, as soon as khan academy has grown, it was really hard for young people, newbies to feel comfortable, and i think the main reason is the structuring, everything is on main page, like a newspaper, bunch of unnecessary words. Ofcourse they have awesome search, and it helps alot, but .. you know, google has more data, but it shows only top 10. not all.

I can't say "i hate this part", but i don't like the data presentation in khan academy. i'm sure they have ton's of informations, books, articles, videos, interviews, but you need to structure it, when you go to school teacher doesn't give you all books from grade 1 to 11, indeed they can, but it will not help schoolboys, it will hurt, and even studying gets worst.

The language - i think the more languages khan acad. spread they worst it gets. Maybe i'm an extreme, i don't use my home language when i learn something, i use english. All the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please restructure information presentation, currently it's like a newspaper library. bunch of things that are not interesting for visitors, and the latency, very important thing. some times it's very aweful to surf khan acad.

I of course know that khan acad is non profit organization, i myself helped a little

But hope khan acad will grow even further

Well, currently i don't use khan academy as much i like quora, wikipedia or stackexchange more. What i might be interested in learning from khan academy is - algorithms, they have very good explanations, with inline editor. That's all requried for learning algorithms tho,

I will definitely use some information from khan acad. but when it's required

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"The Best Tool for Students on the Internet"

What do you like best?

Sal breaks down topics in a way that makes it easy for students to understand and follow. There are always a plethora of examples in each video. There are so many times I have come home confused after learning a new topic in class., only to watch a Khan academy Video, and realize how simple the topic was.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would generate worksheets with problems and answers, so it would be able to practice more problems if needed.

As a tutor, sometimes I need to brush up on a topic that I haven't seen in a while. Khan academy is the perfect resource to use this.

Khan Academy review by Heather L.
Heather L.

"Khan Academy is so much more than math!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Khan Academy is the combination of short videos (2-4 minutes) and guided practice. Khan Academy takes the gradual release approach by beginning with an introduction video, showing an example from start of finish, having the student practice, offering assistance if needed, followed by the assessment. Only when a student has mastered that skill will they progress to the next segment. I also love the search capability within Khan Academy. Students can search for videos on a very specific skill without having to search through large units. I enjoy the new badge feature as well. The teacher dashboard makes it easy to track student progress and see the time spend on each lesson or unit.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the videos is inconsistent. Some videos are clearer in terms of audio and video quality and some are more visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is a great resource for secondary students and teachers, or adults looking to gain more knowledge in various subjects. Although Khan Academy is frequently used in mathematics, there are videos and tutorials on a wide variety of subjects.

Some students fall behind in subjects where others excel beyond the pace of the class. Khan Academy allows for students to learn content at their own pace with the perfect level of support. Khan Academy has been the solution for test prep and extra practice at home. The videos have actually been incredibly beneficial for parents as well as students.

Khan Academy review by Nikhil S.
Nikhil S.

"algebra cant haunt you no more!"

What do you like best?

The way of explanation of the concepts is just so simplified and easy to grasp! I have started with a course on Finance and the capital markets and i am getting a good hold of the subject i could never understand being from an engineering background.

What do you dislike?

They dont have core engineering courses yet. Integration of these courses would be extremely helpful since a lot of students refer to online courses to brush up or review a particular subject.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the most complete and easy to understand free content available. Try it and you wont regret it.

I am currently using Khan academy courses to prepare for banking examinations and the experience so far has been great. The fact that all the courses are free only adds to the appeal.

"Advanced Science teacher"

What do you like best?

The ability to get multiple resources and be able to assign the to distinct classes for review and assignments purposes

What do you dislike?

Not being able to pull out certain parts to a lesson or to interject information that might be for your students that you are assigning to your classes

Recommendations to others considering the product

For teachers, graph out your unit and the skills you want your students to learn. Look through the extensive library and figure out the units that you want you students to master and review (from previous classes) that might help then succeed in your current class

Students come to me from a variety of different teachers. By using something like Khan Academy, it allows students to review old material as well as to review lesson that I use in class without the fear of "losing" points. It allows them to become self-sufficient and more practice where they feel they need help.

Khan Academy review by Ai A.
Ai A.

"Khan Academy"

What do you like best?

Great variety of lessons and resources for all subjects.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about Khan Academy. I think its a great resource for flipped learning and a good resource to review key concepts in most of any subjects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use as a resource for students for all levels and all subjects. With the added AP courses, its a wonderful free learning tool.

Education

User in Education Management

"Easy Online Learning Site!"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy has videos for everything! They are free and easy to access from any device. I can show them in the classroom to teach or review content and students can access them at home or after school if they need additional assistance. No more, "I didn't know how to do it" excuses! I can even post the link directly next to the homework assignment so students know how to get to the exact video to help them with a specific task.

What do you dislike?

Nothing? Maybe that sometimes I teach a concept in a different way or they don't have something I want to teach. But that is to be expected with everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to lose. Log in, check out the videos and see if they will be helpful. It's free and easy to use.

I am helping kids learn new content every day. It can be challenging for many students to retain new learning. With Khan academy they can review the instruction as many times as they want to.

Khan Academy review by Hummer, J.
Hummer, J.

"Convenient and Supplemental"

What do you like best?

I like that students can access procedural ways to solve basic mathematics problems. I like that teachers can customize learning paths for their students. I like that I can review basic mathematics skills.

What do you dislike?

The videos are not interactive. You can not see the person presenting. At times, the presenters seem unprepared. The mathematics solutions are very procedural.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for reviewing mathematics and supplementing classroom instruction. It should not be used as the main avenue for learning mathematics.

Khan Academy is free and it's convenient for students and teachers.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Hundreds of free learning resources in countless topics"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan academy offers free resources and that the site is comprehensive and easy to navigate. With a little exploring on the site you can learn just about anything!

What do you dislike?

I suppose if I had to pick something I dislike it would be that learning online is of course less personable than learning in a classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a useful tool for anyone interested in learning and a great way for parents to reinforce classroom learning at home with their children.

As a teacher, Khan Academy allows me to see new ways of teaching subjects and/or teaching subjects more effectively.

Khan Academy review by Jake E.
Jake E.

"Perfect for people hungry for knowledge"

What do you like best?

Khan academy offers an ever-broadening list of subjects. You can learn about everything from finance to quantum physics. Not only that, but every lesson I've ever seen has been in an extremely accessible format for a broad range of users.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had more options as far as learning tangible skills. It seems like Khan Academy is heavily geared towards strictly academic subjects and less of things like learning how to program, or practical electrical engineering, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just skim. Really dive into a subject if you're interested in it. The maths and sciences courses offer the greatest depth in my opinion.

I've mainly use Khan Academy to help me understanding math concepts for school. I find that the videos are excellent resources for learning things that I'm having difficulty with. I'm able to rewind and watch a segment multiple times until I'm sure I understand it.

Khan Academy review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Education Benefits"

What do you like best?

This software works so well to be able to understand material when it’s confusing. It goes step by step to figure out what and how they got solutions to these problems.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to find the specific topics I want so I would say limited supplies in this software. It should have more of a variety of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like if you need to understand something quickly and efficiently than khan academy can help you. It is a great software that can easily let you become knowledgeable of different areas.

I worked with solving mathematically and analytically different problems with the assistance of this software. This has helped tremendously due to the well informed information given to help me in problems I encounter.

Khan Academy review by Halle F.
Halle F.

"Helpful for learning difficult information"

What do you like best?

I like how many different options there are and different courses available.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit time consuming simply because of how much information there is.

It really helps me study and helps me learn new information. It also helps me brush up on information that I needed a refresher.

Khan Academy review by David D.
David D.

"Khan Academy for individual learning"

What do you like best?

Khan academy has a rich database full of resources that can be used for students at many different levels. I have used it for my own benefit to brush up on some topics before tutoring students, or teaching about a certain form of new technology, which has no doubt changed since I finished college. I like the interactive pieces and the videos. They have practice quizzes and many short tutorials that can be extremely engaging and sometimes even funny. It is easy to search, and find a great deal of resources that meet the needs of my students. I tend to use some of the tutorials, and exercises in Khan Academy for my individual student task lists. My students like most of the content (of course I search and sift through the mountains of resources and choose the best). This is great for extension activities when students finish an assignment early, or are working ahead. This has also been a great resource for working with homebound students that require a resource that they can complete independently.

What do you dislike?

Much of the material is higher level. At times, I am looking for a simple activity, video tutorial or exercise for remediation on a topic, and come up with too many advanced options. There are a ton of resources on Khan Academy, and it can be quite a mission to sift through and find the right resource. The search options do not go very advanced in terms of audience levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a useful resource to find educational materials for learners at various levels. It is very technology enhanced, and is user friendly!

This is helping to enhance technology opportunities, as well as inviting experts into my lessons without having a human have to physically come to my classroom. This has also been helpful for students completing independent credit recovery, or on homebound education. Finally, it has been a good resource for teachers to use as continuing education for niche topics.

Khan Academy review by Melinda B.
Melinda B.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan Academy is free and bursting with resources! I am able to use Khan Academy for all of my math classes, from Algebra through Calculus. The students like watching and taking notes ahead of our lesson in class because it helps them understand our lesson so much more. Also, students that struggle can use the resources for remediation.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Khan Academy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have students log into Khan Academy using their school accounts so that you can easily watch their progress. It is also really easy for the instructor to search through Khan Academy and gather resources for students ahead of time. This way, I post all of the links in one place and have students watch and take notes before coming to class and learning the lesson. This has been extremely helpful in Calculus where students come to class with questions and are more engaged in the lesson because of their questions.

Using Khan Academy I am able to help students that struggle in mathematics. These struggling students can watch and practice specific math skills and gain knowledge and confidence.

Khan Academy review by Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.

"Fun and Educational"

What do you like best?

Flexible programs, schedules, and difficulty levels making it accessible for all ages.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, the whole site is easy to navigate and use.

This is a good way to continue your education. I began with math refreshers to help my students but have realized there is much more potential

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"These videos got me through calculus!"

What do you like best?

The videos do a great job of teaching, but I especially apppreciate the worked-through practice problems.

What do you dislike?

I've used other websites that have worksheets you can print out and follow along with in the video, and that would be nice to see on the Khan Academy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really helps you deal with difficult concepts at a pace you set for yourself.

My peers and I are able to learn a lot from Khan Academy. Whenever there is a gap in our knowledge, Khan can usually fix it.

Khan Academy review by User in Computer Software

"Sharpen Learning Skills and Abilities"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of having a free source of education for everyone in the whole world. There are many things that I learned while in school that I have hence forgotten. I enjoy the opportunity to review that information and even learn things that didn't stick even in my earlier education. That helps me to do things more effectively and quickly as I lear skills that help me. It is also great to have many subject to choose from. Many of which were not taught while I was in school. I am looking forward to learning how to program for example. The videos are very well done and easy to understand and learn from . Khan Academy is a great tool for the young and old.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot I dislike. Occasionally the question in the mastery and the video help at the bottom do not match up which can make it difficult to understand what you are supposed to do for the problem. I also wish there were more subjects available but I know that is something they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!!!!

I am solving problems in efficiency and learning. Khan Academy helps me to do problems quicker by learning key skills. I am also able to advance my understanding of things, concepts and ideas to grow and develop as a person.

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"Great Educational Supporting Tool For Students"

What do you like best?

I love how the videos that are posted up help break down difficult topics. I also love the variety of videos they post. I have used this website from my high school days even through my college career.

What do you dislike?

I do not recall any issues or problems with this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource for students to watch videos for topics or specific subjects

It's another great source to have another person explain the same subject differently than our professors.

Khan Academy review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Great Studying Tool"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access. Can watch some videos or study while I am on the train or in the car. It is easy to study while I am using a hand held device. The instructor is great with the material. I use Khan Academy mainly for math classes and it took me through a problem step by step. They use challenging examples that allow me to get a better understanding of the material.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how there is no support when it comes to Khan Academy. If I do not understand a certain step that the instructor took, I would have to ask someone else for help. This is the disadvantage of an online studying tool. It is harder to ask questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Incorporate a "livechat" tool. This will allow users to ask questions about specific problems.

School.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Helpful boost for students needing independent help"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to walk through a lesson, the way it's broken into parts and have practice built in. I also like the fact that the lessons can be done through Khan Academy's site or through YouTube.

What do you dislike?

I wish Khan Academy had ACT prep available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is both a great teaching support and learning support

I use Khan Academy to further my knowledge of skills as both a teacher and tutor, and also to give a boost for my students.

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"Great examples in the statistics videos!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can search up a topic and learn a new concept in 10 minutes and under. There are practice problems after each video which are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to replicate Khan and have him in all the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Include Machine Learning topics in the data science library.

Khan Academy helps me to understand some probability and statistics topics that are not explained in detail in the Data Science program I am in.

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"Varied Content and Grade Levels and still engaging for all"

What do you like best?

What I love most about the Khan Academy videos is that they are freely accessible and have content that is varied for age level and subject areas. They even have videos that focus on Pixar animation that my daughter has watched multiple times just for fun.

What do you dislike?

Some of the videos have a speaker with a monotone that can be a bit boring. While I am not generally a fan of skills and drills type assignments, Khan academy offers a series of other resources that students can engage with prior to doing the exercises.

Great as additional learning materials for children as a parent and a homeschooling I am constantly looking for additional resources that are free or inexpensive.

Khan Academy review by User in Internet

"Nice video lessons across a range of academic topics"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy has a very well-organized and relatively robust library of course resources across the elementary, middle, high school, and college levels, making it a great go-to for brushing up on topics learned years (or even decades) ago.

What do you dislike?

I see Khan Academy recommended a lot—almost as a go-to for learning (or reviewing) any sort of academic skill or topic. Though it's certainly a great platform, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't commit to a video lectures-only format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is completely free (not "free trial' free—simply, entirely, free), so there's really no risk to trying it out. It is, however, limited to video tutorials, and really only for 'academic' subjects, with limited applicability to real business work.

Details from topics taught/learned years ago can be easy to forget. Fortunately, a quick refresher video can provide a quick fix!

Khan Academy review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Good for Your Students"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy offers a lot of tutoring and examples for math problems for students of various academic levels.

What do you dislike?

The site is not always user friendly for us. We need to occasionally troubleshoot when students are attempting to access the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use if you have students who need more help than what you can give during classroom instruction.

Students get free tutoring and can get more individualized attention than what a teacher might be able to give.

"Amazing Education Program"

What do you like best?

This program is fantastic and covers a vast amount of material

What do you dislike?

Really not much to say negatively about KA!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic learning device for almost all subjects fathomable. Multiple teachers who are experts in their subject matter. Entire learning program is free of charge to all and interested in furthering the cause for education for all regardless of background or economic status.

This is a masterful tool in supplementing education at all levels - for free.

Khan Academy review by Rodrigo A.
Rodrigo A.

"Education for a great cause!"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy has the best online learning tools to prepare your skills to the next level. It may include like math, computer science, arts, and many more!

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I don't really like from the site.

By using the site, it helps me to bring my skills to the next level.

Khan Academy review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"Perfect solution for supplemental education"

What do you like best?

The video format is engaging and keeps your attention. Online learning can be a bit boring, but the videos housed here keeps the student engaged and focused.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to download the videos for offline learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So many resources for you to choose from for all grade levels. Free to use and open to all.

I often use Khan Academy videos in my classroom. Great for a refresher.

User in Education Management

"One of the best resources for practicing and studying."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to watch math videos and get explanations on screen whenever and wherever. It especially helped when I needed math refreshers through the free courses they offer.

What do you dislike?

There are very little or nothing I dislike about this service.

During college, I would constantly use Khan Academy for my math classes. It was so easy and very accessible. Today, I sometimes have trouble with math at times, and I work in the Finance....i know, strange. However, if I ever feel I need a refresher, I pull up Khan Academy and find whatever topic I am having trouble with and will go through the steps.

Khan Academy review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Innovation in a Key Area"

What do you like best?

I love its accessibility. To a user like me who struggles with technology, Khan Academy really allows me to engage my students in innovative ways. I am usually skeptical of when I hear lofty praise from my colleagues about a specific service but Khan Academy really blew me away. I've been a user for over a year now and I think that it is certainly worth continuing.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes wish that there were easier search functions that would allow me to find my desired material more quickly. Additionally, I occasionally receive error messages that tell me to do something. Once I do these things, I still receive the error messages and still unable to perform the specific required task that I had wanted to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is certainly a resource that people should consider. The technology from this service really sets it apart from many of its competitors.

I think that with services like Khan Academy, I can achieve better and longer-lasting interest from my students in the course material. Indeed, I see my students as paying more attention to the resources that are made available from this arena.

Khan Academy review by User in Internet

"The Best for Supplementary Math Help!"

What do you like best?

I love Sal and KhanAcademy I love that you can create classrooms and add students to them that you can monitor.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more structured practice exercises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest watching the videos, articles, and content first before assigning it to students.

KhanAcademy helps with my tutoring business. It helps with retention of material and monitoring students when we are not together in a tutoring session.

Khan Academy review by Frank C.
Frank C.

"Khan Academy is a useful support tool for students who struggle in traditional education programs. "

What do you like best?

The variety of videos on different topics, and in a few different styles, are a good back-up for absent students, and for students who need to move at their own pace. One of the cleverest ideas is the awarding of "energy points" for watching the videos. The completion bonus provides an incentive to students to keep going, even though they might be bored, and honestly, perseverance is an important skill to learn. While the videos are not directly interactive, there is a forum below each video where students can ask questions and get them answered.

What do you dislike?

At the end of the day, even though it's a nicely annotated lecture, it's still mostly just another lecture. Having integrated quizzes or something more interactive would really make this stand out even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really goes without saying, but it is important to preview the videos before assigning them to students. Different school districts have different Content Standards and Frameworks, and the videos may include information that the classroom teacher did not provide instruction on, thus confusing the students, or leave out information that is required in the local curriculum. It also helps to focus student attention if you give them specific target time stamps from the videos.

I mostly use Khan Academy as a way for absent students to stay caught up with the class, and for students who need more time listening to the same content, just maybe said in another teacher's voice and style. It is also good as an at-home structured review before a test.

Khan Academy review by User in Research
User in Research

"Good resource to review forgotten math and science material"

What do you like best?

The videos present topics such as math, biology and chemistry in a clear way. I appreciate that the presenter draws (colorful) pictures to aid in the lectures. Educational videos on Youtube vary enormously in substance and level of engagement, but Khan Academy's are reliably solid and engaging to watch. I have used it to brush up on material before tutoring students, and I appreciate that it is a free and quality resource.

What do you dislike?

The depth of the material is not catered to everyone. More in-depth (grad-level) lectures on certain biology or chemistry topics could be a good addition.

I use Khan Academy primarily to brush up on forgotten material I learned in college to provide a basis for my research. If I don't have a textbook readily available, and I am trying to figure out more rudimentary calculations, this is a great resource to do so.

Khan Academy review by Sheri D.
Sheri D.

"Khan academy"

What do you like best?

fun user interface, similar to other lms/tutorial programs for ease of use

What do you dislike?

nothing yet, the badges aren't very interactive or cool

great for my students

Khan Academy review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"This product is great for K-12 students."

What do you like best?

The modeling videos are great for students learning math, science, economics, art, etc. The videos are entertaining/funny for young students. The videos for the older children are more straight forward and serious. All of the videos are age appropriate. It is great that quizzes are included for some subjects. The website also includes test prep options for college aged students. There are also resources for teachers to use in order to help their students.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that K-2 are grouped together. It would be easier for Kindergarten, first and second grade teachers to find information that needs to be taught in their classrooms if they each had their own category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this site to teachers to use with their students. It would also be great to use with students that are struggling with a specific concept.

This website is very beneficial to students from grades K-8. Students can learn about many concepts in math, science, art, economics, finance, humanities and computing.

Khan Academy review by Jennifer L R.
Jennifer L R.

"Amazing resource for children of all ages"

What do you like best?

I like that my kids (middle-school age) can jump on Khan academy and earn badges while learning skills that are weak for them in math. Besides the ability for my kids to work on their weak skills, they can also review a video if they are still not sure on how to problem solve.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Khan academy doesn't provide english language skills such as comprehension, figurative language helps. I realize that the website is free but the math curriculum on Khan Academy is just amazing. I hope that they decide to branch out to language and reading skills. I don't like the fact that I have received emails asking for a contribution for their company. I, unfortunately, do not have the means to help them out right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy makes learning simple. An easy remedy to help supplement students' learning in and out of the classroom.

I have seen the benefits in my kids in their confidence they have in the math skills that they were lacking; they even comment how it helped to go on the website to get extra help.I guess I would be helping to solve academic problems in math and/or science to help supplement students. If nothing else, Khan academy is a goo resource for me as a classroom teacher; I can utilize the website to help supplement or provide a different perspective of a particular math concepts to students.

Khan Academy review by Mohamed M.
Mohamed M.

"The best place to understand math from KG to University"

What do you like best?

It describes the subject in easy language and to the point. I used it to teach my son subtraction in G2. I even used it while preparing my Laplace transform lectures (I'm a math lecturer). In addition, practice and quizzes make you feel confident that you understand the subject.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets boring. But in general, it seems perfect.

Preparing my lectures

Khan Academy review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Lots of subjects!"

What do you like best?

The amount of subjects to choose from, and the ability to learn at my own pace. I also find that there are many different ways the ideas are explained, and I find that easier to understand.

What do you dislike?

More options for computer programmer if would be great.

I use it to supplement my knowledge of programming in the workplace.

Khan Academy review by User in Higher Education

"Khan academy as a supplement"

What do you like best?

It offers a wide variety of video tutorials for students to use in reviewing common biological concepts. It serves a purpose to get all students on the same level before going more in depth.

What do you dislike?

The videos are not detailed enough for regular use in higher education. Questions could be better at requiring more critical thinking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be useful in higher education as a source of review for students.

I sometimes assign video tutorials to students to make sure that everyone is on the same page before we build on the ideas further.

Khan Academy review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Learning for all "

What do you like best?

After graduating and becoming a professional, I learned that I really missed and craved academic learning. This feels that spot in my life now. It's great that it's free and flexible!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike! The only thing is that I prefer to learn in a physical classroom, but that's not the point of this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! It is a simple and enjoyable way to add to your knowledge and grow personally and professionally.

If there is a skill or theory that I want to know more about professionally, I use this site. I'm in marketing, so I mostly focus on those classes

Khan Academy review by Lyndsey R.
Lyndsey R.

"Khan Academy is the best support website for struggling students"

What do you like best?

I love that this is a free website and offers a great deal of instructional videos for students at every level

What do you dislike?

Some of the features can be confusing when you get into create classes and progress monitoring

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it Free

I found it to be very helpful for struggling students

Khan Academy review by User

"Novel education opportunities "

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Khan Academy is its flexibility. Whenever I am free, I could learn something I am interested in. Wherever I am, I could connect the internet and use Khan Academy to learn something. Especially, I prefer watching and listening than reading. Also, I could control my learning process and the specific topics I want to learn.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I dislike. But I think it will be better if the category will be more clear and specific. Also, it will help if a short suggestion could be offered to help people choose specific topics.

I could review some basic knowledge in biology or other majors with Khan Academy. .