Kibana

See the Value in Your Data. Flexible analytics and visualization platform. Real-time summary and charting of streaming data. Intuitive interface for a variety of users. Instant sharing and embedding of dashboards

Work for Kibana?

Learning about Kibana?

Kibana Reviews

Ask Kibana a Question
Showing 13 Kibana reviews
Kibana review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great log scrapper and visualization tool for logs"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to query my data out of the logs and quickly find resolution to the issues in the platform. I also enjoy the auto highlighting of the search fields so that I can quickly determine if I am going down the right path for the errors located in the logs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the filter build is a bit too complex when you want to just create a simple text search. Since I'm not in there everyday I tend to forget the tricks to traversing the logs quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

As you dive into Kibana you will quickly learn that there is some powerful tools for searching the logs, visualizing using the dashboards, and filtering data to just the context you care about.

We are using it on our production evironments to be able to give the developers access to the logs and visualize where the performance/bugs exist in the code.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kibana
Kibana review by User in Internet

"Kibana has greatly improved our visualization of stats"

What do you like best?

Kibana is a simple to use web app, which has allowed us to easily visualize or log files and statistics, we have been able to simply push our application log files to elastic search where kibana connects and visualizes the data in real time, being able to show realtime graphs on large displays has helped the support teams monitor to services we provide

What do you dislike?

It isn't as straight forward to create and save dashboards and visualizations as it should be, the User interface isn't intuitive and isn't obvious where to go and what to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are now heavily reliant on Kibana, and graphs are displayed on 8 large screen cvs around the offices

We wanted an easy way to monitor all our log files in a visual way so that anyone can see them, allowing the whole company to see what is happening has helped engage everyone

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Kibana review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Easy setup but hard to search"

What do you like best?

Very easy setup.

The fact that it is open source is always a plus.

Good user guide which is very helpful and a must read to know how to use Kibana and all of it's features.

What do you dislike?

Poor performance when there are a lot of logs to search through. The max tolerable search we can use is "This Month". Anything over that and it is just very long for the results to load.

Need to read the user guide or else it's hard to know what your doing and the best way to search through all your logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the user guide to know how to use Kibana. It takes some time to fully learn all the features and to easily search through the logs you want.

We needed a way to search through our build system logs to search for recurring errors. Therefore we setup an ELK server to achieve this and Kibana is one of the components in ELK.

Kibana review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Kibana usage review to get api performance metrics"

What do you like best?

It gives all the info on single dashboard and can be customized to get api response time metrics like average response time for a specific duration.You can see how many calls were made during that time and min,max and average response times

What do you dislike?

When I get to raw data it does open one excel sheet st a time and you need to close all other instances

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes it’s open source and once implemented will be happy

Performance metrics to support capacity planning and infrastrutucture expansion to support growing business calls over a period of time

Kibana review by Melvin P.
Melvin P.

"Awesome for analysis. "

What do you like best?

Great visualizations and search provided over elasticsearch. I really like how elastic.co came up with the idea of building this and not let everyone recreate the same wheel. Its simplicity is the really great

What do you dislike?

I have not found it to be customizable but what it has is great. Other than that it has fit my use case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use ElasticSearch, Logstash/Fluentd with Kibana to save money.

I am using Kibana with Elastic Search and fluentd to parse log files automatically.

Have been using elastalert with it to provide alert.

Kibana review by Parker R.
Parker R.

"Preferred Kibana 3"

What do you like best?

* Seems a bit faster (after the initial load/cache)

* Mobile support is nice

* CVS export data also helpful

What do you dislike?

* Kibana 4 interface is more complicated than 3.

* Small things like finding out how to generate short urls is hard to find

* Re-creating saved dashboards in 4 wasn't a 1:1 parity transfer.

* Sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for because the incoming logs are bleak. The flow is all over the place.

* The scrolling fixed position CSS they do is also quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very overwhelming at first. I recommend learning all types of queries (field base queries, regex queries, range queries, boolean, etc).

Log monitoring. => Funneling for debugging.

Visualize data. => Dashboards for everything.

Kibana review by Евгений .
Евгений .

"I am using Kibana for 4 years"

What do you like best?

It has the best interface to browse throw stream of logs. I've tried some commercial tools: Loggly, Papertrail and Logentries but I've switched back to stack Kibana + Logstash.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that configuration format has been changed several times.

I would like to have interface to configure the Logstash plugins and settings in the Kibana interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are able to do the most interesting reports for you by yourself.

I've visibility of all my running services. http://12factor.net/logs

Kibana review by Marielle Lynn N.
Marielle Lynn N.

"Beautiful visualizations"

What do you like best?

Once the data is collected, there are endless ways to visualize your data.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was a little glitchy, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the investment in using Elastic for data collection. You can create amazing dashboards with the software within Kibana or in external interfaces.

It helped us to create heatmaps, show popular terms, and analyze user popularity with our data. It was fantastic.

Kibana review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Steep learning curve but it’s worth it"

What do you like best?

I’m an analyst, and Kibana helps me visualize the data I need in order to do my job well. It’s completely customizable.

What do you dislike?

It takes some “coding” savvy to use Kibana. You have to learn the program’s language to get what you want out of it.

I am able to see data trends on prices, and thus decide the best time to sell our products.

Kibana review by User in Financial Services

"Great log monitoring and viewing tool"

What do you like best?

Kibana's UI is very intuitive and performant, filtering tools available are also very easy to use and make operational tasks like troubleshooting issues and scanning logs very efficient.

What do you dislike?

The query language takes a little bit to get used to

We use Kibana to search logs aggregated across our applications and we also use it to interface with our ES clusters. The primary benefit is obviously having a nice UI to work with.

Kibana review by User

"Kibana - not a dashboard-making tool for novices"

What do you like best?

Kibana has a simple, clean, interface. I liked that it had the capacity to display really cool stuff, as seen in tutorials. The standard metrics and options for visualization were efficient.

What do you dislike?

No pre-built templates for dashboarding, and limited in what can learn without seeking out video or blog tutorials or user boards. Having to first save a search and then a visualization, and then a dashboard was weird and confusing.

We use this to look for log patterns in multiple areas of the IT infrastructure.

Kibana review by Consultant in Utilities
Consultant in Utilities

"Best Data Visualisation tool "

What do you like best?

Open Source.

Easy to create graphs or charts on top of the content indexed on an Elasticsearch cluster.

What do you dislike?

Not much free documentation available for configuration and development using Java API

Indexing the transactions and logs for gas and electricity applications.

Kibana review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Suitable for basic reports on elastic search data source "

What do you like best?

Easy to install and setup basic reports. You can easily learn to configure visualizer and dashboard

What do you dislike?

Customisation and plugins development is not yet well documented.

community support is not grwon yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Suitable for basic reports on elastic search data source

Basic user conversation, plantform and geo location wise user distribution

Learning about Kibana?

* We monitor all Kibana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.