Kickserv

A CRM for the mobile work force providing field service automation

Work for Kickserv?

Showing 54 Kickserv reviews
Kickserv review by <span>Joshua H.</span>
Joshua H.

"Lawn care crm"

What do you like best?

Online access for clients and website integration

What do you dislike?

Missing only a few convenient features such as external website integration difficulty with client account login due to caps locks for emails etc etc emails must be 100% exact as input in the account. The mobile app is a bit slow and cumbersome with no Teresa for work orders and the account pane is limited I still have to go into my web browser to do all the things the mobile app doesn't. The customers full information does not display in the work order only the address and time it's scheduled for. Scheduling could be better as of now it is a set time start and end I typically do not have specific times for a lot of devices it rarely requires a set time just a set day it would be nice to CA scheduling option for any time rather than a set time or morning evening afternoon options to make the time. And which service will be formed a broader more general indication

Also the way records are kept could be a little more customized

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform no matter how it may seem

Record management and the online payment and account access provides 24/7 information to each individual client.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kickserv
Kickserv review by <span>Danny S.</span>
Danny S.

"Great software for any service business"

What do you like best?

Kickserv is very user friendly. The process for creating customers, estimates and invoices is a breeze. Scheduling jobs (and many other calendar events like employee time off) is a great feature. I love the estimate approval process. The QuickBooks integration is key for us. Overall, I don't know what we'd do if Kickserv disappeared tomorrow.

What do you dislike?

No iOS app! (I thought there was one when I signed up) and the mobile site is not near as simple as the desktop version.

Can't display the "charge type" on estimates or invoices. For our purposes, it would be very beneficial to show whether the rate is per pound or each.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial period. Use it to run through different scenarios and make sure it meets your needs. Many things work differently than I thought they would prior to fully-implementing (not necessarily for the bad...just saying).

This product solves headaches associated with CRM, sending estimates & invoices, and scheduling. It's a huge time saver.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

Kickserv review by <span>Kyle T.</span>
Kyle T.

"Great Product for Price Point"

What do you like best?

Kickserv is an inexpensive, cloud-based field service management solution that gives you a broad amount of control and customizeability for your business. As others have mentioned they do have an API that allows us to integrate it into our other software solutions, and their sync with Quickbooks has been a tremendous help. Customer service is very quick and personable.

One thing I have loved about Kickserv is the ability to look at the day and week at a glance by technician and assign and change jobs right there. Easily my favorite thing about the software that is much better than other packages we have looked at in the past.

What do you dislike?

Kickserv's API is outdated, and it is difficult to pull information off of. You're limited to 30 records at a time, you can't download the whole thing at once, and you're on your own to figure it out. Critical information from our jobs such as task duration is very tedious to pull out, and requires going outside of the API to the web-based service using web scraping tools, when it could be easily changed to accommodate quick task ID lookup.

Various workflows are sometimes clunky - I have to go through several different pages just to input all the information for my jobs. For instance, I can input basic customer and job information from the pop-up within the calendar views, but if I want to add job charges, time-tracking, info in custom fields, etc. I have to first create the event, then click on it, then click again to go into the job view.

Mobile support is spotty; we usually don't recommend that our techs install the apps because they seem to raise more questions than not. My biggest pet peeve is that they insist on forcing landscape mode based on window size, when I would prefer to choose the orientation myself. If I want landscape mode, I could just turn my device, right?

Reports were recently inplemented, and while they are powerful, I wish I could access them with the API. They are also sometimes difficult to put together and understand, so some more explanation would be good. Part of this problem comes from the vague naming scheme in the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How important is it to you to see your field techs in real time and understand what is going on in the field at the moment? If it's critical to see your team's current progress, I would highly recommend it.

As outdated as the API is, and as much as I nitpicked it above, it's still workable and it allows us to create our own in-house BI solution that has changed the way we look at our data and business model. As much work as this has been, this has been a game-changer for us, and I would only consider other software if it had an API that was better for a similar price-point.

Our techs have been very happy with the upgrade; they used to not have any idea what their schedule was until the day before; this has helped them plan much better.

You can see your business online with Kickserv pretty well, and the price-point is acceptable. Coupled with the somewhat clunky API, I think I would still recommend Kickserv over other solutions, because practically it is better than anything else I've found.

Kickserv review by <span>Rebecca M.</span>
Rebecca M.

"Kickserv has done amazing things for our business"

What do you like best?

Kickserv's platform is user friendly and easy to learn. The drag and drop calendar features allows dispatchers/administration to manage jobs throughout the day. Assigning technicians and communication information on the go to our technicians is easy. We use the one click function to notify techs of jobs. We can add internal notes, notes to be shared with customers, add charges, attach documents, and more live within jobs.

Our technicians our updated of relevant information by being able to access jobs assigned to them through the app. They manage many aspects of the job through the app from navigating to the site, adding time entries, charges, adding parts, adding work notes, obtaining customer signatures and more.

It syncs with quickbooks allowing estimates and invoices to be accounted for easily in our accounting system.

We use the time tracking functions to pull employee hours for payroll so you can see how many hours each tech spent on each job site.

There are "tags" you can create to classify job statuses or create specialized reports.

It acts as a customer database and has many tools for communicating instantly with customers.

The platform is online and live making every change in real time and giving more people access to accurate information constantly.

The kickserv help staff is available from the chat function inside the platform to answer questions, trouble shoot, and even listen to input on special features you would like to see.

Our overall experience with Kickserv has been very positive and we love the service for our business.

What do you dislike?

The Quickbooks sync function could be better, the system created additional invoices with their own identifiable number in addition to the synced quickbooks invoice number that doesn't translate. So if you use the Quickbooks function it's impossible as far as we can tell that you use kickserv for sales numbers. It also makes the customer portal function weird because it shows multiple payment transactions. There is no function in the customer portal to search for things by date or job number, it just shows as one big list. We currently don't give customers access to the customer portal because we can't figure out how to make it cleaner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using with Quickbooks immediately sync from the beginning and always create invoices and estimates from kickserv and then sync to QB.

Managing techs in real time is a huge plus for us. Also giving everyone live information is extremely relevant to our fast paced industry. It's ease of use saves us time on training. The security functions make it easy to set up levels of access to information making sure sensitive information is secure.

Kickserv review by <span>Matthew G.</span>
Matthew G.

"Good Start, A few kinks"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks syncing was a must when looking around for a software. Originally we were looking for something to help manage our scheduling. We liked Kickserv's solution for scheduling because it was a visual drag-and-drop approach that enabled our employees to also view the client address and job information. Additionally the invoices and proposals were better looking than Quickbooks and we were able to see if the customer viewed the documents. The sales pipeline tool (Estimate Sent -> Estimate viewed -> Estimate awarded -> Job unscheduled -> Job scheduled -> Job completed) is a really great visual to help manage the pipeline of work.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling is cumbersome in some ways: could not quickly set it up. It seems fast at first but after you do a couple, you realize it isn't that quick. TSheets scheduling is much better at this.

Proposals are not "solidified" after a customer signature which poses an issue. A client can sign a contract, but that does not stop you from being able to alter that contract (accidentally or otherwise) which makes the signature area useless. IMO once a contract is signed, it can not be altered, only amended with change orders.

You can not create a customer in KickServ and have it sync back to Quickbooks. This makes it difficult because you have to constantly work in two systems for the single task of creating a proposal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kickserv is going to improve, but one thing I fear will not go away is the inability to create customer profiles inside KS that will sync to Quickbooks. I look forward to hearing that they have solved that problem and perhaps joined forces with TSheets to take advantage of their scheduling and time tracking software, for which they have an amazing produc

Business problems needed to be solved: scheduling employees, distribution of job information to employees, managing our pipelin, mobilizing ability to create and send proposals/invoices. We have stopped using KS (only have it now until current contracts created on it have been completed) because we realized that TSheets combined with Desktop Version of QB on a laptop was a sufficient answer to our problems. The only benefit I have not replaced with something better is the pipeline management features of KS.

Kickserv review by <span>Bill A.</span>
Bill A.

"Best Field Service Management software out there."

What do you like best?

The best customer service/support I've encountered. Always looking to improve their software and adding features as customers give feedback. Downtime is almost non-existent, so very reliable. Helps our plumbing business run smoothly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks Online sync has some minor problems, but only with the contact names repeating themselves on the invoices. Not a huge issue and I think they are working on it. Would also like to see realtime gps for techs, but they are actually adding that shortly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think customer service and support is so important when using software that runs your company day to day. Kickserv is so accessible and responds immediately to your questions/concerns. They are constantly working to improve their product, which meets all our requirements at this time. Our business runs smoothly and efficiently with Kickserv. Highly recommend.

Constant surveillance of techs, without having to call them constantly, is greatly appreciated. The benefits of all the different fields for notes, time tracking, job descriptions, etc. give us a great resource for knowing everything that is happening and has happened for each job/customer.

Learning about Kickserv?

* We monitor all Kickserv reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Kickserv to Similar Solutions