Kimbia

(5 reviews)

Kimbia is an online fundraising and crowdfunding management platform

Work for Kimbia?

Learning about Kimbia?

Kimbia Reviews

Ask Kimbia a Question
Showing 5 Kimbia reviews
Kimbia review by Mandy G.
Mandy G.

"Finally! An alternative to Blackbaud for online fundraising."

What do you like best?

Kimbia's support is unmatched. Whether its walking me thru setting up my account, troubleshooting mistakes, or writing a report with/for me, I can always get a response the same day from a very qualified, knowledgeable person. Also, I can create campaign forms in under five minutes that live/embed on my website. Again, anyone coming from Blackbaud/Convio/Luminate knows how amazing that must feel. Also, teh pricing is straight forward and it doesn't cost me more to use the software than I can raise with it.

What do you dislike?

While it has definitely become more user-friendly since I first started using it; if you are unfamiliar with setting up credit card processing accounts et al, it is going to be complicated and confusing. Don't be afraid to ask for help and throw your hand up. Also, (little things), I want to create a report that just pulls answers from all but only donation forms and not RFI forms - adding individual forms each time I create one, I inevitabley forget to add to the report making reconciliation a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! Make sure you have a secure website that you have access to embed forms; make sure you have an email marketing system; acquire gateway and processor info from accounting/CFO or be ready to set up.

Trying to bolster donor acquisition and retention via digital platforms for cost-saving measures with better ROI than direct mail. We have gone from raising $36K online annually to $60K in the first half of this fiscal. Kimbia is a much more cost-effective option and now with the integration to RE being offered thru another vendor at no cost, it saves gift entry making it a much more efficient system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kimbia
Kimbia review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Better than what we had before--and pretty good for what's out there."

What do you like best?

Mobile responsive and ability to design around the form.

What do you dislike?

Working well so far! It does take a larger percentage of donations that our previous platform, but it provides better UX, so as a digital marketer, I prefer it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a larger portion of our donations, but one could argue that the better experience drives more donations, so it's kind of a pick-your-poison situation. As a digital marketer, I would rather pay more for Kimbia and have better UX.

We were on kintera before, and were not able to track conversions because utm parameters wouldn't persist through form completion, you couldn't style form or design page around it. Kimbia does allow us to track conversions to source, and it also allows us to be more nimble with embedable, mobile optimized forms.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Kimbia review by Ruthi B.
Ruthi B.

"Okay, complicated to navigate"

What do you like best?

My experience with Kimbia was that the interface was very straightforward and easy to navigate once you got the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

I had a lot of issues with the search feature sometimes only pulling results that were exact matches. Also, switching between databases was a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very precise in your searches when trying to locate customers in the Kimbia database.

We used Kimbia to verify credit card payments on donors accounts.

Kimbia review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Tools and Support for Community-Based Fundraising "

What do you like best?

The kimbia toolkits and 24/7 support made it a great resource for us and provided additional support and ideas that we’re tested in other markets.

What do you dislike?

Hard to customize product and platform that needed lots of time.

Creating marketing materials that are donor- friendly for both reading and redistributing. We’ve been opening up communication channels with a number of different constituents and untapped markets with their checklists and live support features.

Kimbia review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"For University Giving Day"

What do you like best?

Dynamic leaderboards, real time accounting, custom reports, Wordpress CMS

What do you dislike?

Poor project management. They have too few staff resources and often miss deliverable deadlines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great functionality. Plan to have a dedicated project manager on your team that can maintain the vendor relationship and keep track of timelines and deliverables. Ask for access to their Wordpress site. Share wireframes and design comps.

We used their tool for real time accounting during a 24 hour giving campaign.

Learning about Kimbia?

* We monitor all Kimbia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Kimbia