Kintone

Build business applications and database apps faster and easier with Kintone, the agile, no-code application Platform as a Service (aPaaS). Collaborate around your apps and data, then deliver powerful, dynamic reports. Use Kintone's open API to connect the tools and services your company is already using in order to have a centralized, 360-degree view of your business.

Work for Kintone?

Learning about Kintone?

Kintone Reviews

Ask Kintone a Question
Showing 48 Kintone reviews
kintone review by <span>Sean R.</span>
Sean R.

"A Transformation in Workflow"

What do you like best?

Kintone has changed my entire approach to my work day. As someone with only basic experience with databases, I was spending a lot of time just teaching myself how to use Access. While Access is a great program with a lot of capabilities, our needs were rather specific. When I started to focus on learning how to meet those needs in kintone, I felt that I was making much more significant progress. It is easy to use and easy to learn. I can have applications up and running in minutes, as opposed to the hours or days it would require before.

What do you dislike?

Kintone is missing a few basic features that I would expect to see in any data management software. Foremost among these is what Access calls a "combo box": a drop-down list of options that also allows a user to type in data that isn't on the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are coming from a tech background, try not to think too much like a techie. I often find myself overthinking problems, only to discover that the solution is much simpler in kintone.

We are using kintone to host our client information database, track client visits and services, track volunteer hours, and track inventory of physical resources. The primary benefit is the speed with which we can set up the apps needed to track these things, and the ease of use for our average users.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kintone
kintone review by <span>Stephen B.</span>
Stephen B.

"Kintone saved me! Excellent toolset that is flexible and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the level of flexibility that Kintone provides in terms of layout, building out a variety of field types and permissioning. The permissioning is fantastic! I can get very granular in terms of how much I can allow users to add records, delete them, edit them, manage apps, etc. You can even go as far down as the field level. The build was pretty fast after getting a hang of the user interface. It's very intuitive and you can do almost anything you can think of. I love the fact that you can also add workflows to apps for projects that require reviews or input from a number of teams. There is soo much that it can do right out of the box, and for more advanced users, you can add on a number of outside applications as well as custom java script and design.

What do you dislike?

There were a few limitations. One caveat on this. I reviewed 25 applications and ended with Kintone as the winner--hands down. There are two areas where it could improve. 1. Print to PDF out of the box would be a great feature, especially if it were tied to a "share" button...so that it could be shared with others outside the system. 2. Importing of field data. For example, one of the drop down fields that I had in an app had 90 items in it. I had to enter each one separately. A bulk upload for drop downs would be a great add on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick way to capture and manage data and manage workflow, Kintone, is a great solution. You do not need to be highly technical to use it and it will save you a lot of headache in the long run. The support team is very helpful and responsive to requests. I highly recommend this solution to those with some technical prowess to very advanced users.

The business problem we were solving include: the ability to capture consistent data that could be shared. Often people in these teams move around and core data gets lost. Kintone helped us with that problem. The other feature it helped us with was making sure that our people in the field had access to best practice information and could share their experiences with each other. Kintone facilitates all of this and more. It also provides a great deal of flexibility once each app is set up. We were able to get all of our apps up and running in short order and it's intuitive schema makes it easy to deploy. Even after we get feedback, changes will be done pretty quickly. Furthermore, we were able to rebuild a defunked system and replicate fairly complex functionality with a number of bonuses--namely more control over the design, which at the end of the day made the applications easier to use.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

kintone review by Administrator

"Easy to Use No Code Platform"

What do you like best?

Can easily build the applications my nonprofit organization needs. Ease of use. Love the ability to actually analyze data with summary tables and pivot tables. Other database programs we tried did not have that functionality, you either had to take the data out into excel to create reports or the best you could get was counts or sums by groupings with all the raw data for the group appearing below - a report could be multiple pages. The analysis capability of kintone sold me on the program.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, just some things that I would like to see added.

As administrator, I would like to be able to preview what areas and apps members see and can access, so I can make sure that my permissions are correct (see what they should, don't see what they shouldn't).

It would be nice if document attachments could be previewed rather than just downloaded and if movie format attachments would load within the kintone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform that will allow you to easily create databases, collect and easily create summary reports, you really should try kintone.

We use it keep records of our support to clients, keep track of reporting requirements, contracts and reports to funders. We are currently building databases of information that everyone in the organization needs. It saves us a lot of time, certain information is shared, not housed within one department - now everyone can access certain information instead of contacting someone from another department to provide a report or do an analysis for them.

kintone review by <span>Doug M.</span>
Doug M.

"kintone - beyond satisfied!!!"

What do you like best?

I am not a techie. We provided a detailed document of the platform we wanted to build. And they made it happen - fast, efficiently and affordably. This was driven by their platform, their team, knowledge and desire to help us. They helped me make a dream come true.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I can think of is pretty insignificant: reports you build cannot wrap text - so columns in report headers can be quite wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been so happy I selected them. Besides helping us to create our product, they are wonderful to work for.

We were working on creating a new business. The service is a system to audit/evaluate a specific area, and wanted this to also be a planning tool and resource center. We wanted a fully integrrated, self-managed platform - and kintone made it happen. Despite rolling out the product and our company just before Thanksgiving and the holiday season, after just 90 days we are beating break-even sales projections.

kintone review by <span>Jeremiah T.</span>
Jeremiah T.

"Perfect solution for creating custom business apps"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI is excellent and intuitive

What do you dislike?

Related Record links open in a new tab instead of in the same window. Depending on how crosslinked your apps are, this can cause clutter and confusion very quickly if users aren’t educated on how to combat this

We’re using Kintone to manage our business workflow, and reports. The speed and customization options of the system have allowed us to deploy a solid solution very quickly. It’s also been great to be able to work with the team to get feedback and rapidly be able to find and implement solutions

kintone review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

"Easy Cloud Apps for teams"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, easy to make new apps quickly, auto notifications were great. Minimal programming or coding required. comments on each record was very helpful to keep track of progress. The history icon that tracks changes to the records was extremely useful in digging deeper into 'what went wrong'. There was some coding required to change colors on columns etc. but the support team was good to share some basic code that I could update and tweak to use for other minor changes.

We had teams on different islands using the platform and were able to manage the workflow and permissions all from our central location on Oahu

What do you dislike?

calendar view was limited, the team was used to working with Outlook, but the calendar view could not compete with drag and drop, extending tasks to multiple days or color coding to manage types of tasks, so we ended up never giving up outlook calendar. Notification email could be better if it showed the sender's name instead of 'Do Not Reply',

The idea of spaces for groups did not really work for us as it was unclear how to really use that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

calendar view needs improvement

The company had been managing a high volume solar pv construction projects with sales and operations team using excel spreadsheets and emails. There were construction/project management software platforms available but were more designed for one or few projects. We chose Kintone because it looked like we could import our entire excel spreadsheet and start a whole new cloud based method right away . The sales would upload new projects, internal managers would approve them and Operations team would take them through to next stages all the way to construction and post construction. This for 40 projects a month.

Learn more about Kintone

Kintone Videos

Learning about Kintone?

* We monitor all Kintone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.